Pod Point Limited Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Click Here

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy

Over a week
"Took weeks to get an appointment booked, finally got one, fitted fine, person left, now when trying to register it on the app says number not recognised, may be an old unit - how can a unit fitted on the day be old?! So emailed help desk 4 days ago, still no response"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The information passed to the Centre wasn’t given to the engineer. The engineer didn’t call to say when he would arrive. I contacted Calum who advised that the engineer would call me. This didn’t happen. He then turned up without the necessary equipment to do the install (despite me giving a clear description to the office of the job). The engineer turned up very scruffy with no ID, and proceeded to advise how bad the pipe work was in our brand new house. He was due back the following day between 1-3. I was away for work and in an all day meeting so provided my partners number Incase of delays. The engineer didn’t contact my partner but turned up 90 minutes late! This totally disrupted his day and made him late for an appointment. The engineer then told my partner that he would make a mess but had nothing to clean it up so could my partner clean it?!?! There were no dust sheets put down in the cupboard (with a brand new carpet) or on the brand new monobloc. It was left for us to clean up! He then left without giving any instructions of how to use the charging point. The entire process was a complete shambles."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Endless delays, constantly being asked for same information again, engineer visit that failed to take the photos required, broken promises of dates & responses, constant chasing for answers - altogether dreadful service"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The workmanship was very shoddy. We paid a lot of money for this installation. The installation team took short cuts across garage rather than cabling around the wall. Electrical cables not clipped down properly, left loose and dangling, or pressed (temporarily) into or onto brickwork. Did not fully utilise the upgraded supply unit that we had fitted specially upon Pod-Point instructions at signifciant expense. A few scheduling errors also meant the team did not turn up when expected so I had unnecessarily taken a further day off work, and had to rearrange the installation date."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Scheduling was very inefficient, although Stuart came through in the end. A mixture of wrong dates, sickness, unanswered mails which was very frustrating. Don’t say installation will happen in 10 business days when it clearly won’t. Friday’s not a good day to schedule as the engineers want to get home... really? Why do you make them travel so far? The engineer who finally arrived was excellent."
"Charger unable to connect to WiFi and serial number not recognised by the pod point app. Customer services slow to respond and promised engineers call hasn’t come. I’ve had to send repeated emails and Facebook messages to get a couple of very short responses. Most disappointing"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Lads on site no problem! Lady in the office was hopeless!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"We had an issue with the power supply, which was not the fault of POD-Point and I can't fault the engineers. However, the communication from POD to get the issue solved was very poor. Four messages to call me back and emails asking for someone to contact me were unanswered. I think they are suffering from the popularity of installing home charge units and the government grant available at the moment. They need to sort this out, the reviews are shocking!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"At the end of a long and frustrating process, the actual installation was very good. However, the administration and order process was exhausting. The administration team in the London office were polite but unable to get anything done in a timely manner. Emails are ignored and actions promised over the phone never materialize. The level of communication is very poor. Even after the installation, there was one last failure to really leave a sour taste; trying to get them to send the paperwork necessary for the EST grant took weeks and multiple phone calls/emails. It should have been a 5 min job. I would not recommend Podpoint. The installed unit is nothing special and the service provided is dismal."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"After taking payment, nothing went well or was initiated by Podpoint. The only progress made at each step, was when I rang to chase. I waited 7 days at one point and 4 days at the next step, for them to even open an email and respond to it’s contents. Then when the fitting date was booked they didn’t turn up, again I had to call several times to find out what was happening and first told it would still be that day then upon calling a second time discovered it would NOT be taking place that day. But at no point did anyone call me to update me or apologise. I had a text late evening, which was appreciated, and he arrived 7:20 am the next morning for the installation. However, it was not a liveried vehicular, he had no ladder or torch for access, and initially suggested cable clipping to the internal wall, rather than us ring conduit. However at my insistence he used conduit within the occupied space and cable clips through a loft area above. He was friendly and polite and well presented."
"The installation was booked to start between 11 and 3pm. The fitter didn't arrive until 4pm. That wouldn't really matter; the fitter was very friendly and helpful and completed the job quickly. But the podpoint doesn't work properly so we have to wait for the maintenance team to get in touch to fix it because it is from a faulty batch. Don't you test them before they are fitted? A day wasted with another wasted day in prospect."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"1. The engineer did not come as scheduled 'because of an administrative mistake'. Had to be rescheduled after I already waited for 3 hours. 2. I ordered a longer (10m) cable instead of the 5m one. The order was accepted and the money taken. When the engineer eventually came, he did not bring the cable. Then I was told then that it was too late to change the cable because I already 'used' the delivered 5m cable (put in by the engineer!). 3. It took several emails and 3 weeks to get the refund. 4. In addition, Rip off. After all, it is just a 20A socket and it should not cost nearly £1,000. A local electrician can do better even without the government grant."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"First of all arranging the day of the install. I was offered an original install date - approx 3 weeks from order date - to which I emailed back to ask if I could change it. I received no reply nor confirmation to my email, so was left completely in the dark as to whether an engineer would show up on the original date! I had to take the day off work, and no one showed up. It took several calls on the day to actually find out that my installation had been cancelled (I was not informed), and what's more, my order had been deleted from the Pod Point system. I eventually managed to arrange a second date - - another 3 weeks later! Finally I spoke to a manager (on my third attempt to have someone from the installation team call me back - they never did). He promised to try and improve the install date and call me back - he didn't do either of these things. Communication - Communication - Communication! ON the install date - the Engineer Nick was very helpful, very polite and explained everything very clearly. He installed the system where I wanted it, and found an unobtrusive cable run to get there. Full marks... except... when drilling the switch box next to the meter, he somehow managed to create damage on to the other side of the wall (photo). Was his drill bit too big? Did he drill too deep (into breeze blocks or the mortar between)? He didn't realise this until I pointed it out to him - by which time 3 large holes had been created on the inside wall! He filled these with polyfilla and left. But now I have a damaged internal wall to repair and redecorate! How will PodPoint compensate me for the damage?"
"Don't go near them - They took my payment from my account within hours of completing the on-line forms. Email promised a scheduling appointment within 3-5 days. 2 weeks later, with no follow-up from them and numerous emails and calls from me, I eventually got through by placing a call with sales rather than installations. After being passed to another department, I was then advised my installation required additional work, which I was more than happy to pay for. However, apparently this would further delay my installation - they couldn't tell me how long, so I have asked for my money back"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The pod point was not connected through my fuse box consumer unit but directly from the electricity meter outside, because your installer did not have a RCB compatible with my fuse box consumer unit with him, despite me sending you a good image of the consumer fuse box that I have. I have discovered that this means I cannot use my Watson meter to measure the electricity my charger is using because this Watson meter is connected to the fuse box consumer unit wiring NOT to the pod point's separate RCB. Can you re-wire this please so that the pod point takes electricity from my fuse box and not from a separate RCB. I did I find the pod point app very poor - as clearly do others since it only rates 2 stars."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Four attempts, then lack of functionality, no MAC address, no holster, over a months wait, and still not absolutely certain it works, compared to our first installation which was flawless these new models have too much un necessary tech."
"their after sales service is worse than dreadful. You report a fault with your charging unit, yet regardless of repeated phone calls a week later you are still waiting for a date of anyone from pod point to repair the fault. If you have an all electric car what are you supposed to do stop using it until Pod Point can even reply to your request."
"Very poor product and customer service. When the pod point works all is fine. If it breaks then you find out just how unhelpful their customer service is. I have email them on numerous occassions over the last 6 weeks and had no response other than an automated email. I would suggest finding another charging system as pod point are useless."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The initial installation attempt was aborted very quickly when the engineer said “Ah, you’re on a loop meter”. He said his wasted time, and my wasted time, could have been avoided if Pod Point customer services had asked for a photo of the main electric meter. I told him I’d sent a photo of the meter cupboard and he said they should have then asked for a photo of the actual meter, at which point they would have seen it was on a loop meter. He also said they had not told him I had solar panels and a home storage battery, despite me telling Pod Point customer services exactly that and explicitly asking if it would be a problem. Over three weeks later, and numerous follow-up calls and emails from me to ask for an update (since most went unanswered), a revised date was arranged. I spoke with a "Domestic Operations Team Leader" to ensure no issues would be experienced with the solar panels and home storage battery, and to confirm the engineer would ensure the Pod Point was installed downstream – thus drawing power first from the panels/battery (as per other device in the house). I was at work when the installation was carried out. I have returned home to find the Pod Point has two problems – firstly, it is not drawing power from the panels or battery. Secondly, it is only charging at 1.3kwh, not 7kwh."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installation was not completed in one visit as engineer had unfounded concerns re the incoming electricity, which the electricity board confirmed was fine. Second engineer did not turn up on time, no calls were returned, then when rearranged he arrived 3 hours early, just as we were heading out. He told us that he could not return at the previously agreed time, as Pod-Point had not told him about the time change. Again, more chasing and eventually when a call was returned, an independent contractor was arranged. He travelled 1hr 30 mins to get here and was amazing. Original engineer had mis-reported the level of completion of his work and the contractor had to do more than he expected but he did it. Irony is that the only person who did not work for PodPoint was the one that gave the best service and best represented them!"
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.73 based on 9,776 reviews