Pod Point Limited Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

02072474114

hello@pod-point.com

Discovery House28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy

Over a week
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I was not able to view the cost in the app until I complained and it was updated. Also when I retrieved the stats the date field on the excel was large enough and the cost was just a few parameters which I am currently in the process of having fixed, I am not impressed with the holding time on the telephone waiting to answered. I've been kept waiting 3/4 times up to half an hour without a an answer! M D Graham"
"It doesn't work"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Very positive person but this has gone on too long, reported fault week of 14th January 2019, no word back all week and when phoned again the week after no one had forwarded my information to the engineer (service team in N.I) so when got phone number of John Beard ( (the engineer) he hadn’t heard of my need to get system looked at, the week after his engineers called last Friday (25th January 2019) and checked all out and agreed with me that a new lead was needed and one would be ordered from Pod-Point and posted out, it’s now a full week later (2nd February 2019) and had again to take time to contact John Beard as no word or information about my lead, I was then sent an e-mail to say Calum from Pod-Point is dealing with me and would be in contact, PLEASE,PLEASE all I want is a new lead as I explained the first time I phoned as can’t charge from pod-point at home and NO WAY to charge at road side charging points as I go about my business. Only reason for writing this is it’s now into 4 weeks and still no charging lead.."
"Messed us around with the date of installation several times. Finally arrived, installed the pod point, but failed to check first whether the tethered cable would reach our car. Apparently to install a longer one everything will need to be done again! What a huge waste of everyone's time. Would not recommend."
"Please see my earlier review about the bad install experience. I have now moved on 4 days and the charger has worked for 3 of those days! (Currently not working). After the first day I sent an email about their app which was telling me on one occasion that I had been charging for 1 hour and it had cost me over £9! That's despite the fact that the app showed that I only paid 15p per kWh. Then the next two days it said that the charging was free. On the third day it didn't charge despite showing the blue light. I await a call from the engineer but so far I am not impressed and wonder if I have made a mistake going with this company."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Wrong unit Wrong length I month later I'm still waiting for someone to tell me when the unit I paid will arrive with 10m cable"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"bad communication cant speak to anyone"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"First visit: engineer never turned up. Claims he did and rang doorbell but someone was in all morning and the doorbell was working fine. Second visit: was supposed to arrive 10-12 but got stuck and wasn’t able to turn up till 2:30 which meant that it would have been 5pm finish which I’d already said the job had to be done by 4 Third visit: engineer turned up and did the job. Recommended getting a new fuse to upgrade from 60A to 100A to take the load. Found out he had fitted 16mm tails even though he knew they couldn’t be used with 100A so had to get those changed at a cost of £90. He also doubled up the earth instead of setting another one, which I’ve been advised shouldn’t be done and is dangerous."
"Terrible experience - I would advise you to go elsewhere"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Really difficult to be positive about the experience. The install took four attempts. Attempt 1: No show, claimed the install couldn't go ahead as a difficultly with another domestic install. Was informed after install should have commenced. Attempt 2: Engineer wasn't informed of the install and didn't turn up. Was then promised an upgraded (lockable) unit as compensation. Attempt 3: Engineer showed up and informed us that the install couldn't go ahead as the power circuit we'd had installed wasn't large enough. Attempt 4: A more experienced engineer turned up and installed the originally ordered unit (i.e. the non-lockable variant) on the power circuit we'd installed. Unit works fine however."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Very very poor customer journey from beginning to end Would have gone elsewhere had I known the service levels Even worse - can't use it as the charging cable won't reach How much poorer could the experience have been? i doubt it could have!!!!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Engineer turned up last week and could not fit Pod Point due to medical reasons. Pod Point now fitted today 27-11-18 and does not charge - tried turning power on/off - charges at best for a few minutes then turns red again"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"After service for registering our Podpoint has been terrible - 2 weeks later we are still waiting!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The Pod Point was installed efficiently, however I was contacted by western Power Distribution and told I can’t use it. Apparently I am looped in to next doors electricity, so the power goes to my house and then on to next door. This is very common and builders often do this. Now western Power Distribution have to dig up my next door neighbors drive and give them a separate feed. Pod-Point never mentioned this could happen before buying it."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"It doesn’t work, went to plug it in and it doesn’t work. Waited all day and nothing happened!"
"The charging unit was installed in the wrong place The guy turned up 2 hours before he was supposed to After 2 weeks it developed a fault meaning my car does not have enough charge to get to work tomorrow 4 phone calls and 4 hours later, still no technical advice. Lots of apologies from an out of hours team but apologies won’t charge my car!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Took for ages to get an appointment. Very hard to get any contact with any one. Wanted All comms done on computer rather than speaking to any one esp when considering a purchase. Difficult to get drawings of the standalone Pod out of them. And so on"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Lengthy delays due to the necessary paperwork not being submitted by Podpoint to Northern Power Grid and the installer not being aware of the nature of our electricity supply before coming out to us despite us sending photos of the hardware well in advance. The charger itself now keeps curting out. The man who installed the charger was excellent though - friendly, helpful and professional."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The guy turned up 2 hours early. Fitted the pod point on the other side of the garage to where we preferred and tucked it right in the corner so the lead I have doesn’t reach the bit where I usually park the car"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installer placed charger in the wrong place, misleading my wife about the length of cable to the fusebox that can be used (15 metres in conditions of installation). As a result, charger is installed in an unsafe place, causing a trip hazard in our main point of entry to our property and located on the wrong side for the charge point on our vehicle. Feel disappointed that the installation experience was so bad and illogical as the prior communication with the teams via email had been excellent. I guess the installer possibly wanted the easiest possible path for himself without consideration for our needs or safety."
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.77 based on 8,450 reviews