Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Pod Point Limited 5 star review on 6th February 2020
James Gibbons
Pod Point Limited 4 star review on 4th February 2020
Peter Cox
More Photos & Videos
Scheduling to get an engineer out was bad, the engineer had no information from pod about what he needed, more communication was bad before the final sign off. I’m afraid despite some lovely people it was one of the least professional services I’ve ever had.
I've received a dreadful service from this company so far, they asked me for a series of photos of my mains electricity supply which I have provided.
They confirmed that everything is fine until I get message saying they believe I have a fused "fused neutral' and that I need a cut out.

I asked them to explain this and send me the picture they were basing this on but the explanation was lacking and they didn't send me a picture.

I then contacted my network provider (northern grid) who arranged an engineer to attend on the 15th of may, checked everything and confirmed it was fine there was no Fused neutral and no cut out was needed. I returned to pod point and asked to speak to the person who came up with this in the first place but so far no one has called me back.

I then get an email to say they need it in writing?? Which is again wasting more of my time, I get the impression they are deliberately delaying this install for whatever reason.

I call them back to discuss but no one returns my call.

They are literally delaying my install based on a photograph without any explanation or proof as to their conclusion that I have a fused neutral.

I've included an image of the main supply, I can't understand how they can determine from this photo that I have a fused neutral and need a cut out when northern grid (my electricity provider) say that isn't the case.

I've also has a smart meter installation, complete rewire in the last 2 years and neither of them mentioned this but pod point have found this from a photo!
About 6 hours after the charging point had been fitted, there was an electrical crackling noise coming from the fusebox. I tried to call the fitter on his mobile phone but he didn’t answer or reply to any messages, and still hasn’t acknowledged.
The company were able to get an engineer to remedy the problem
Firstly he never cleared up after him leaving a mess and rubbish for us to deal with.
Secondly he left a hole in the wall around the cable - which I have had to fill in
Thirdly after his visit my outside light and doorbell was not working and the upstairs light circuit keeps tripping
I have waited a Number of weeks for an installation. I have had the car for almost four weeks without a suitable home charger. Now installed, the pod point doesn’t function as the fuse trips after twenty minutes of charging. Very poor customer service response, still no plan to fix it.
Quality of internal trunking installation and finish.

Cannot add home charger to app.
Poor communication, Took months, I had to contact DNO myself and constantly chase PP. installer was good but had been give a faulty unit.
Now the there is a red fault light on the pod and only been installed 2 day. All round poor service.
Communication from the company has been very poor, I have regularly had to chase information. Messages were not passed to the team and when people were supposed to ring back they never did. Once the instillation was passed to another company the instillation went swimmingly. However, I have had a 7Kw point installed instead of 22Kw. I have asked for a refund I by telephone and in writing and to date no-one has responded. I am now looking to take legal action if it's not dealt with this week. Shocking service.
3 visits over 3 weeks before finally being installed. Also, not a good job with junction box cover not fitted
The contact from pod point was extremely poor, with no calls returned and taking me to call some 12 times to get installation sorted, however, Scott the chap who undertook the work, I believe a contractor for pod point was absolutely amazing and has carried out a first class job. He was efficient polite and professional. Maybe pod point could learn from their contractors?
Your engineer put a plastic meter box on the outside of the house that was not water proof.We had to get a electrician to put his work right which cost us £300 which we would not had to do if he had done his job properly
It doesn’t work,
Phoned & expected call back to help fix situation, haven’t heard back yet
The Installer didn't seem overly happy to be doing what he was paid to do, nevertheless, he proceeded with the install BUT he damaged the Unit which meant that he couldn't complete the process. He promised to come back the following day at 8.30am but he never showed up. When I called PP Customer Services at c. 9.30am, he hadn't updated the schedule to reflect the fact that he couldn't complete the install the day before so another engineer had to be scheduled. He had apparently called in sick. The install was then completed the following day.
The service was very good to sell me a unit and get the olev grant. After that I was technically ignored. Long delays for instalment. Emails ignored by Benjamin, Kristie and Alex. Long call waiting. Wrong information by first home installer. Told me I could get 22 kw which would be better for my car but my cars capacity is only 7kw so that was a lie or poor technical knowledge. He was very polite though. Very poor service. Wouldn't recommend this company
Paid money, received nothing, no communication. SCAM
Pay the money then zero communication, nobody to speak to. Dont believe these other reviews. Check Trust Pilot and you will see real ones from real customers who are being scammed
Sales and ordering friendly, helpful, and proactive. Helped me sort the paperwork to get the rebate.

From there on, total disaster. String of late cancellations for fitting appointments, combined with an inability to get dates right. Then an appointment with a half days leave taken they simply didn't turn up to, without any information being sent. Fitting re-arranged for a few days later on a Saturday, but the engineer lacked knowledge on earthing (or modern regulations and standard practice, it seems), so left with the unit installed but not connected.....

Move forward 2 weeks, with endless phone calls speaking to people who couldn't help / put through to anyone who could help / provide any useful information, unanswered and unacknowledged emails, before finally sorted out and connected.

I think final action due to making lots of noise on twitter. Dunno.

Anyway, the unit now working, neatly installed, and appears to be fully functional, 2 months after placing my order.
The installation when it finally happened was good. It certainly wasn't easy given my supply enters the house through a solid floor and ends up in a cupboard under the stairs. I knew therefore this would be a non standard installation and indeed it took nearly 5 hours but the result is a neat and tidy finish and the unit works perfectly so far. However the install was only after the company (Sol Electrical) had made two previous appointments which they failed to make resulting in me wasting the best part of two mornings and making two unnecessary phone calls. I did as a result get the engineer to reduce the extra charge from £100 to £60 (+ VAT) for the inconvenience but in the light of my experience I would not be confident in recommending anyone to choose this charger.
Payment is taken at the first dtage of the process, in my case 4th January. Then everything went silent once I had submitted everything to Podpoint. I phone and emails on numerous occasions to try to get an installation date but to no avail. I could get someone to answer the phone but then they would only email the person allocated my case. This continued until the middle of February.
In the end I had to tell my car dealer that I might not be able to take delivery of the car as planned in early March because I could not get the Podpoint put in.
I am not sure how they did it but the dealer managed to get Podpoint to call me back and the appointment was arranged for 26th February. The installer turner up on time and fitted the charge point ok but the whole expericne was already ruined.
Steer well clear
Poor service and support. I would recommend you don't use this Company.
My home pod point has never really worked properly since it was installed three months ago. Use another Company.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 13,273 reviews