Pod Point Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited
Over a week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
3. How was the installation on the day?
Been difficult from start to finish. The engineer himself was all fine but the overall experience very poor
3. How was the installation on the day?
Still not working correctly, I have been told I will have to change wires over myself to fix the issue. Why did I even bother going with Pod-Point who never return calls or emails. Waste of time using them.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Pod Point are the self-proclaimed UK leaders in electric vehicle charging, but I have been repeatedly shocked by the appalling experience of our installation. From start to finish they have been disorganised and have acted like they have never sold a charge point before. Their service is heavily targeted at customers who have just bought their first electric car. I am not in this situation, I have moved house and already had an electric car, and they had absolutely no idea how to sell me a charge point. Their online sales system was a complete disaster, with everything I filled in online needing repeating over the phone, and an extra £279 whacked on the price 2 weeks after I initially paid online, and then the extras I'd ordered not arriving. To be specific: * I completed the form online to order a charge point. I **declared at this stage that I was not eligible for government grants**. * I was told at this stage that if I'd bought my car at a Nissan dealership I was eligible a discount - **no conditions where mentioned**. * I was told online that the next step would be that I would receive a **phone call** to book an installation. This was ideal as, having just moved house, I had no internet access. * At the point of my initial order, I ordered several "extras" including **a 7.5m cable**. * The next day I received an **email** asking me to complete an application form for the government grant I was not eligible for. * I emailed back and explained I was not eligible. **Information I had already given**. * I received a further email the following day telling me that, "that was a shame" and **"I'll cancel your order then"!** * I rang back to say that I was aware that I wasn't eligible for this grant at the point of purchase, that I had declared this fact at the point of purchase, and that I went ahead with the purchase anyway in the knowledge that I would not receive any grants. In this respect, with the exception of a few incredibly irritating and unexpected emails, nothing had changed, and I certainly did not want my order cancelling. * I asked to speak to an engineer to book my installation. I was begrudgingly "pencilled in" for an installation, but was told it wouldn't be confirmed until I had completed all of the **forms**. * There was some further back and forth of emails before I was **eventually sent a link to these forms** where I uploaded photos and descriptions of the installation location. * All of this required me to make **daily trips to the library** to check my emails and upload photos. * Two weeks later - **the day before the installation was due to take place** - I received a phone call asking me to provide evidence of my car purchase. During this conversation it became clear that I was **not eligible for the Nissan dealership discount** because of how long I'd owned the car. I was told I had to pay an additional £279 before the installation the following day. * When the engineer arrived to install my charge point, he did not have a 7.5m cable, and the reason he gave was because I had **"only ordered it yesterday".**
25.10.19 - made an enquiry online in prep for delivery of new car, and received an email notification of my enquiry 4.11.19 - had no response, so followed-up and promised a call-back the next day 6.11.19 - call never came, so followed-up again and asked to speak to a Supervisor or Manager - all on other calls so took my details to call me back 11.11.19 - still no call-back and my new car being delivered in 1-week!
3. How was the installation on the day?
It all went well up until the install. I needed an Electrical Installation Certificate (EIC) for an Energy Trust Scotland top up grant but the installer couldn’t give me it as he needed to “go back to the office to do it” but it would be sent to me. We are now almost a month from install and I’ve asked Pod Point for it three times since and after broken promises I still don’t have it and I’m now likely to miss the deadline for submitting the grant documents at a cost of £300. So it’s fair to say I am regretting choosing Pod Point!
3. How was the installation on the day?
Installation was good - no complaints about the installer, HOWEVER... Aftercare is non-existent. We have been trying to get someone to contact us about the holsters. One of them won’t fit our cable, rendering it a quite expensive wall ornament which serves absolutely no purpose. My husband also had another query but I’m unsure what that is. Such a shame, as this really has spoilt things for us. If it hadn’t been for the complete absence of a reply has lead to a 1* rating, when it could well have been 5...
3. How was the installation on the day?
I’ve been hugely overcharged extra installation fees, up front, as I was told it would take more than 2 hours & use more than 15 m of cable. Neither of these were true. I’ve contacted podpoint for a refund, as I was promised when paying the additional fees (£180) and have received no response. Apalling service & a total rip-off. Also the site via which you upload photos didn’t work so after 30 mins trying, I had to call up & then email them in, which took a further hour. Then I was contacted & told to pay extra installation fees! Terrible service.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Advice for cheaper/easier installation has provided a quote for nearly £3000!!! most ridiculous quote I think I've ever had for similar work. £2700 for "groundwork" to dig a tiny trench in soil that has already been dug up recently as the whole garden has just been done. quoted 3 days to dig something that would/will take me half a day as i plan to get someone else to carry out the work after I've dug the small trench. The date for surveying was a month from ordering - they booked the date for this without actually telling me i had to phone them to find this out. There commercial charges, I've used two of them in two different locations neither worked correctly, and their service desk staff don't have a clue how they work. My god stay away and use a different company
3. How was the installation on the day?
Did all the booking and confirmation. Then no call and no-one arrived. Rebooked for the following day and rescheduled work and appointments again. Call in morning to say not going to arrive due to sickness. call centre did not see this was a major issue to have x2 failed appointments and felt a reschedule for following week was OK. Had to escalate issue to complaint and then technician from another area arrived at 2pm. It is a great shame that rather than offer the immediate solution one has to raise a complaint to get a resolution. Credit where credit is due - Matt the technician was excellent and worked hard to get everything sorted and explained process clearly...if only the call centre was like Matt!
3. How was the installation on the day?
The engineer couldn’t connect the unit to the Wi-Fi, and just drove off without saying goodbye!
3. How was the installation on the day?
Tried to contact at least 6 times as PSL number not recognised on app not one response through contact us and emails, but EV solutions were much better on the installation day
3. How was the installation on the day?
I PURCHASES A TETHERED UNIT AND A 7.5 M CABLE THAT ARRIVED IN ADVANCE OF THE UNIT BEING FITTED. THE ELECTRICIAN FITTED A STANDARD UNIT. HIS WORK WAS EXCELLENT BUT HE HAD BEEN GIVEN THE WRONG UNIT TO INSTALL. I NOW HAVE THE WRONG UNIT AND AN UNUSED 7.5M CABLE IN MY HOUSE. I HAVE CALLED YOU TWICE IN THE LAST FEW DAYS FOR A RESPONSE AND FOR YOU TO ARRANGE A REPLACEMENT TO BE FITTED BUT YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED. YOU HAVE BEEN QUICK TO TAKE MY M,ONEY AND SLOW TO DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISED. VERY POOR LACKLUSTRE SERVICE; SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
I ordered in August, it's now November and they still haven't installed my charger. They ignore all my emails. On the phone they make the right noises, but then nothing happens. Avoid like the plague. I would give zero stars if I could.
Everything
3. How was the installation on the day?
Installation on the day was fine - very good in fact. Equipment is fine too. Their customer services suck! Kept on wait for ages until I usually have to give up. Beware if you ever need to contact them!
Avoid avoid and avoid more Pod installed a few months ago, I now have an issue where by it trips the power every time it rains - been waiting over a month for resolution - the company clearly have no customer service, avoid at all costs!
3. How was the installation on the day?
it’s still not working correctly after several phone call and nobody is returning our calls
3. How was the installation on the day?
The installation was relatively Quick. The Engineer added it to my WiFi. At this point I was Happy. However when I charged my Vehicle, after he left, and unplugged the cable, the whole Faceplace came off the unit exposing live wires. He also left a lot of cut wire on the floor of the garage. He did not seem to clean up after himself.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Total lack of communication regarding the cancellation of our order due to living above our restaurant. I accept it was all down to the OLEV grant but continually it was me chasing around to get all the information to prove we are a residential property. Laura was very helpful, but it took 5 weeks from payment to finally getting my installation. I don't think this is acceptable !!! On the day of instal, we had no contact, until yet again we did all the ringing around to find out what time our engineer would be with us. We were told our slot was 8 till 11am and the engineer didn't arrive until 1pm. Again, not acceptable. The engineer was very polite and explained everything we needed to know but just felt let down by your lack of customer service !!
3. How was the installation on the day?
1.) First appointment - the installer failed to turn up without notification and was not contactable. 2.) second appointment- the installer insisted on a extra £100 charge to connect to the circuit breaker despite me sending images of it before hand. 3.) the installer left the unit not functioning.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.72 based on 10,120 reviews