Pod Point Limited Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

02072474114

hello@pod-point.com

Discovery House28 – 42 Banner Street

Telephone

How would you rate Pod Point Limited ?

Christopher Dixon
"Quickly done and a very neat installation."
"Easy to deal with, efficient & professional."
Christopher Duff
"Hi Mason fitted my podpoint very friendly guy talked me through the procedures for setting Unfortunately the wifi connection has still not connected Mason was aware of this has reported this but if still not connected he asked me to contact the support services for them To sort out possible problem with circuit board I am satisfied with work done very professional ."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The Pod Point was installed efficiently, however I was contacted by western Power Distribution and told I can’t use it. Apparently I am looped in to next doors electricity, so the power goes to my house and then on to next door. This is very common and builders often do this. Now western Power Distribution have to dig up my next door neighbors drive and give them a separate feed. Pod-Point never mentioned this could happen before buying it."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"It doesn’t work, went to plug it in and it doesn’t work. Waited all day and nothing happened!"
"The charging unit was installed in the wrong place The guy turned up 2 hours before he was supposed to After 2 weeks it developed a fault meaning my car does not have enough charge to get to work tomorrow 4 phone calls and 4 hours later, still no technical advice. Lots of apologies from an out of hours team but apologies won’t charge my car!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Took for ages to get an appointment. Very hard to get any contact with any one. Wanted All comms done on computer rather than speaking to any one esp when considering a purchase. Difficult to get drawings of the standalone Pod out of them. And so on"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Lengthy delays due to the necessary paperwork not being submitted by Podpoint to Northern Power Grid and the installer not being aware of the nature of our electricity supply before coming out to us despite us sending photos of the hardware well in advance. The charger itself now keeps curting out. The man who installed the charger was excellent though - friendly, helpful and professional."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The guy turned up 2 hours early. Fitted the pod point on the other side of the garage to where we preferred and tucked it right in the corner so the lead I have doesn’t reach the bit where I usually park the car"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installer placed charger in the wrong place, misleading my wife about the length of cable to the fusebox that can be used (15 metres in conditions of installation). As a result, charger is installed in an unsafe place, causing a trip hazard in our main point of entry to our property and located on the wrong side for the charge point on our vehicle. Feel disappointed that the installation experience was so bad and illogical as the prior communication with the teams via email had been excellent. I guess the installer possibly wanted the easiest possible path for himself without consideration for our needs or safety."
"you sent me a form to sign so that you could collect the installion charges"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Organisation and communication was terrible. Took 2 months to finally get the correct pod point with the correct lead. Couldn't fault the installer."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Very disappointed, car only charging at 16- 20 miles per hour . Which is 50-35% less than advertised. So equivalent of 100 miles less per nightly charge ...even the engineer was puzzled why it was so low . Car is a 6 month old Tesla ."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"It fused the garage and then nobody returned my call eventually spent ab extra £200 for wiring which the survey should have revealed a month earlier"
"The unit doesn't work and I am now awaiting an engineer to come and fix it."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I wasn't present for the install however this shouldn't of happened. A different charge point was installed without my consent. Despite the engineers explanation post install being there is a 60amp fuse and for safety a lower power charge point has been installed, I should have been given the option to explore upgrading to a 100-amp fuse first and consulted about if I wanted a lower power charger installed or if they should wait until I spoke with UK Power networks about the upgrading the mains fuse to 100 amps. During the booking process I asked some technical questions about the install as I agreed my electrician would run the cable from the consumer unit to the charge point location as I wanted it hidden in the wall (I understood Pod Point engineers would use external trunking which I dislike). I was given details of the cable I needed to purchase and the consumer unit requirements but at no point was I asked what power mains fuse I had at the property and that I couldn’t have the 7kw charge point if I didn’t have a 100-amp fuse. Secondly the charge point is not what I discussed on the phone. I was told on the phone the charge point would be white and black (as shown on the website) but the charger installed is grey and black. The while and black charger was one of the main reasons I chose Pod Point over others that were cheaper. The white and black charger would blend much better and look sleeker on my property's white rendered wall. I’m very upset with this entire process especially as I have paid my electrician to run the cable and purchase the cable in order the installation was tidy with no external trunking. I would very much appreciate if Pod Point contacted me in reply to my email advising of this as I want the matter resolved speedily."
"Cables were not fixed neatly to the wall and bad communication..."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"1st appointment cancelled due to staff sick. Notified to me cancellation about 10 mins before appointment! 2nd appointment, installer appeared without POD Point! 3rd appointment, installer appeared but refuse to carry-on due to more labour work! 4th appointment, installer done cable work but not installed the POD Point! 5th appointment, installer didn't turn up! 6th time, installer turned up without pre notification! All the i had to take off from work, which deducted from my holiday time!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I stayed in twice and cleared spaces ready. Both times and un-informed engineer turned up and said it was too big a job. They took photos and I had to each time talk them through what needed to be done. They went off and my day was wasted. After a long wait we had a third date. All this time since beginning of year having to trail a extension lead out of window and having very slow charge from internal plug point. The third date came and again I took everything out of cupboards and waited in with two small children unable to use their room. I was speechless when yet again I was told it was too big a job and they weren't informed of extent of work. Even though previous engineers had detailed reports and photos. I was infuriated at this point and asked him to at least fix the cable indoors so I could get my house straight again and use the room! To this he agreed. Thanks to him hearing me out and sympathising with my situation, the engineer continued to stay the day alone and finish the job. To finally get the job done and installation complete I was greateful to the engineer. However, my dealings with the company pod-point have been terrible and all confidence in how they managed our job was ruined."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Received a call 10 mins before my installation window was over to let me know that the person couldn't come as there had been an error in arranging my date. I had to change everything, including childcare around that installation. At the end, and only after I had to escalate the issue, did someone come later that day."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I could not get installation arranged as the contractor kept text late evening asking could he install the next morning. I did explain I would need a few days notice to organise because of work commitments. This is certainly not the way I treat customers."
"What went wrong? Basically everything! What should have been a simple cable change booked on 31/3/2018. Unfortunately they new that the new Nissan Leaf would trip out the old point that was fitted, but just changed the cable anyway. When this wouldn't work I was told that a new board would have to be fitted, this would happen on the 8th May! Couldn't be checked on site as the right people weren't at their desks but would definitely get a call within the hour. I had to ring back on the 10th as none had bothered to call. Then as no-one called back AGAIN I tried ringing on Friday afternoon but no-one would pick-up - presumably POETS day! Rang again today 14th May, and have now been informed by email that it will be 22nd May before someone will come and TRY to fix it. In the meantime I'm expected to use either a three pin plug or go and pay over the odds at my nearest charger! All this while having a wife who needs ferrying to and from hospital following a recent heart transplant. I would have left negative stars if I could as the level of service (apart from the lovely lady on the phone at customer support) has been absolutely appalling."
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"Two weeks after purchasing the car Pod has been fitted, first charge pod light is red showing a fault so can,t use it also the lock I paid £30.00 for doesn't work so obviously not happy !!"
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.78 based on 6,281 reviews