Pod Point Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited
Over a week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
Absolute garbage company, avoid at all cost. After taking out money for our order immediately they have since done absolutely nothing. After calling 4 times and been completely ignored, lied to, passed around we’re going to cancel and go with another one of the many other firms who aren’t completely incompetent. I can only imagine their staff have a running competition of who can be the most useless as I’m sure even by accident by now someone would have been able to do a small bit of their job.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Failed to turn up on day arranged and notify me of this until I phoned to enquire where the engineer was. Left with a podpoint which doesn't work and a long delay before they will attempt to fix it.
3. How was the installation on the day?
2.5 month wait for the installation was disappointing. Despite me submitting many photos into the web app of the cable route, and a Pod-Point survey, the install engineer still arrived unclear of where it was going to be installed. After a few attempts at persuading me to chose an ‘easier’ location, Ben the installer was excellent. He worked hard to get me the install I wanted. £250 for 7.5m tethered cable, and no refund for the 4.8m standard cable is an excessive premium. I was recommended Pod-Point by a friend, but am unlikely to recommend onwards based on my experience.
3. How was the installation on the day?
It took a very long time to get the unit organised mainly because the person who took my enquiry went on holiday for 2 or 3 weeks and no one picked up her workload or emails of me chasing progress, I was forced to call in the end as no one was answering my emails, then it was passed on to someone else and then the same thing happened and her went on holiday ditto happened so again forced to call then I got the paperwork and replied again no one came back to say what stage it was then another week later the questions came back basically it was very poor service all around. On a positive side the guy that came to fit the unit Grant was very good although he was running late from his first job he did a great job when he arrived and the finished job is nice as there are no external cables on the house which was my aim they are all internal to the garage.
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
Terrible coordination with a supplier carrying out installation on Podpoints behalf. Three visits to complete works. unnecessary time off work and many trips to charge car at commercial charging points whilst awaiting installation to be completed
Very disappointed. Contacted Podpoint 5 weeks ago and sent in the required photos.Two days before the instal was booked they phoned to cancel as they needed to fit a post for the Podpoint. They wanted nearly £400 to do this!I fitted one myself for next to nothing and now they won’t give me an instal date !!!! I can’t help thinking they are looking to make extra money out of people !
We picked our first EV up end of November and then had to wait till 6 January for our installation, couldn’t try it on the car as it was fully charged however I came to use it the following day and it didn’t work. Went through the fault finding with the technical staff(very friendly) unfortunately we were not able to fix the problem and needed a engineer to come to repair it and had to wait till 21 January to fix a faulty circuit board. Frustratingly today 10 February my charger has gone faulty again, I have reported this and am having to wait for the technical team to call me back no time or date could be given. from a customers perspective this is so frustrating as you can’t plan anything. I would mark your staff 5 stars however at this point I am not very impressed with the after sales experience
3. How was the installation on the day?
The charger doesn't work, it charges for a couple of seconds then turns off. Rang the helpline and was told someone would call me back they couldn't tell me when. Completely useless.
Didn’t work and now only working at 3.6kw no one is replying to email
3. How was the installation on the day?
Communication at the office. Actual installation went well and installer very good. However, it took weeks of communication from me to actually get a date. A week before they called and said they needed to do a survey as it was to be installed on a separate garage wall and I needed to dig a trench. Organised everything but then they arrived with cable too short and told me I needed to supply “ducting” so would have to come back. What is ducting?? I Understand if we have to pay it but they should supply it for health and safety reasons. It took me several calls that day to try and reschedule and come to a solution on what to do next. I only got a Satisfactory response after complaining on their Facebook page. It has been a very stressful procedure and would not recommend them at all. Customer services need to be trained better on communication and responses.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The length of time it took to get it installed - I bought my car on September 28th and my Podpoint has only today 27 January been installed. Four months is a ridiculous amount of time and I certainly wasn't told it would take so long when I bought the car from Kia. I have spent hours at my local Sainsburys charging my car. The infrastructure for electric cars is just not there. Phone lines always busy; e-mails complicated (uploading photos and documents); information and explanations poor. Office staff clearly not able to cope. By contrast the two guys who came to do a survey (Rowan) and installation (Craig) were fantastic - friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Pity they were let down by the red tape and back up staff.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Installation took almost a month. Various phone calls made by me to PodPoint to try to get matters moving. After sending photos on 6th January told all was well standard install. Early part of w/e 26/01/20 rang to ask for an update on installation date as nothing seemed to have happened. Told standard install date would be sent soon. Friday 24/01/20 0900 rang PodPoint told standard installdate coming soon. Friday 24/01/20 text from PodPoint cant do install because looped supply. Rang PodPoint sorted that out with man. They mistook the photo. Got a date then within 10 minutes for 27/01/20. Friday 24/01/20 1645 text from PodPoint saying can't proceed with install as I hadn't sent survey photos in! They had these on 06/01/20!
3. How was the installation on the day?
First your engineer did not turn up on the installation date and nobody called me to apologise or explain. I had to call you and I wasted a day of hanging around! Second the next engineer came and didn't finish the job saying a part was needed despite me providing all the photos requested of my garage, electricity supply etc. He left saying somebody would contain me but they didn't. I had to chase again and a third engineer came with no notes on the job expecting to install it from scratch. Then he didn't have the part which was allegedly posted to me but it wasn't. He then came back hours later to fix the part. But the PP was charging the same as a 3 pin plug!! And now it doesn't even work at all and nobody ever calls me to update me I always have to call you and then invariably there is a 20 min wait time. It is the worst service I have encountered for a long time. I would like my money back please.
Wrong PodPoint model installed
3. How was the installation on the day?
An appalling attitude to customer service, a faulty product, and weeks later I am still waiting to be provided with a charger that actually works.
I was warned about Pod Point but unfortunately had already submitted my deposit for survey. Weekss later they "refound" my application and arranged the survey. I was advised it was a non standard installation requirement which I was fine with, and that I would be provided a broken down cost to give me the option of sorting ground work costs myself. A week later, no report, just a chase to progress a 2000GBP order! Needless to say I declined.
3. How was the installation on the day?
We were not aware that we were on a looped supply, nor were we asked to check. The installation was not completed and we were instructed to contact the electricity distributors to separate the supply. I asked for our money to refunded but received no reply, despite numerous emails. We had to wait six months for the installation to be complete and even then the initial appointment was cancelled. Absolutely appalling service.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Left meter box in dangerous condition had to get electrician to resolve. Damaged cables and parts not attached inside meter box.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Pod Points' subcontractor who came to carry out the installation damaged my cooker and lights cables while drilling into the wall. They promised to sort it out but didn't turn up on the agreed day. Left a number of messages but no response to date. Very disappointed with the whole thing.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Awful communication from your company, long lead time to install date. Installer arrived late and didn’t clean up. A sorry excuse for a company. Cannot say enough bad things. What a sad experience, not that you care
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 11,478 reviews