Pod Point Limited Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

02072474114

hello@pod-point.com

Discovery House28 – 42 Banner Street

How would you rate Pod Point Limited ?

Stephen Jeal
"Dan the installer did a great job and left a very neat installation"
Neil McDonald
"Ben arrived on time and was polite and professional. He clearly explained what he would be doing. His work was very neat and did not effect our daily routine. Even when he turned off the electric he asked first and the power was only off for a few minutes. Ben explained the charger to me in detail and showed me the different lights scenarios. I am very happy with the speed and quality of work and would recommend Ben and PodPoint to anyone looking at joining the EV community."
"Friendly engineer. Knew his stuff. Not just a sparkie, pro EV and especially pod-point. Explained the company ethos and that pod-point designs and makes itsyown kit. Showed me the installation and cabling explaining which components were used and why. Good team member. The whole experience has been slick and smooth. Every engagement has been fruitful and useful. I'd recommend pod-point."
"you sent me a form to sign so that you could collect the installion charges"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Organisation and communication was terrible. Took 2 months to finally get the correct pod point with the correct lead. Couldn't fault the installer."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Very disappointed, car only charging at 16- 20 miles per hour . Which is 50-35% less than advertised. So equivalent of 100 miles less per nightly charge ...even the engineer was puzzled why it was so low . Car is a 6 month old Tesla ."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"It fused the garage and then nobody returned my call eventually spent ab extra £200 for wiring which the survey should have revealed a month earlier"
"The unit doesn't work and I am now awaiting an engineer to come and fix it."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I wasn't present for the install however this shouldn't of happened. A different charge point was installed without my consent. Despite the engineers explanation post install being there is a 60amp fuse and for safety a lower power charge point has been installed, I should have been given the option to explore upgrading to a 100-amp fuse first and consulted about if I wanted a lower power charger installed or if they should wait until I spoke with UK Power networks about the upgrading the mains fuse to 100 amps. During the booking process I asked some technical questions about the install as I agreed my electrician would run the cable from the consumer unit to the charge point location as I wanted it hidden in the wall (I understood Pod Point engineers would use external trunking which I dislike). I was given details of the cable I needed to purchase and the consumer unit requirements but at no point was I asked what power mains fuse I had at the property and that I couldn’t have the 7kw charge point if I didn’t have a 100-amp fuse. Secondly the charge point is not what I discussed on the phone. I was told on the phone the charge point would be white and black (as shown on the website) but the charger installed is grey and black. The while and black charger was one of the main reasons I chose Pod Point over others that were cheaper. The white and black charger would blend much better and look sleeker on my property's white rendered wall. I’m very upset with this entire process especially as I have paid my electrician to run the cable and purchase the cable in order the installation was tidy with no external trunking. I would very much appreciate if Pod Point contacted me in reply to my email advising of this as I want the matter resolved speedily."
"Cables were not fixed neatly to the wall and bad communication..."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"1st appointment cancelled due to staff sick. Notified to me cancellation about 10 mins before appointment! 2nd appointment, installer appeared without POD Point! 3rd appointment, installer appeared but refuse to carry-on due to more labour work! 4th appointment, installer done cable work but not installed the POD Point! 5th appointment, installer didn't turn up! 6th time, installer turned up without pre notification! All the i had to take off from work, which deducted from my holiday time!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I stayed in twice and cleared spaces ready. Both times and un-informed engineer turned up and said it was too big a job. They took photos and I had to each time talk them through what needed to be done. They went off and my day was wasted. After a long wait we had a third date. All this time since beginning of year having to trail a extension lead out of window and having very slow charge from internal plug point. The third date came and again I took everything out of cupboards and waited in with two small children unable to use their room. I was speechless when yet again I was told it was too big a job and they weren't informed of extent of work. Even though previous engineers had detailed reports and photos. I was infuriated at this point and asked him to at least fix the cable indoors so I could get my house straight again and use the room! To this he agreed. Thanks to him hearing me out and sympathising with my situation, the engineer continued to stay the day alone and finish the job. To finally get the job done and installation complete I was greateful to the engineer. However, my dealings with the company pod-point have been terrible and all confidence in how they managed our job was ruined."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Received a call 10 mins before my installation window was over to let me know that the person couldn't come as there had been an error in arranging my date. I had to change everything, including childcare around that installation. At the end, and only after I had to escalate the issue, did someone come later that day."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I could not get installation arranged as the contractor kept text late evening asking could he install the next morning. I did explain I would need a few days notice to organise because of work commitments. This is certainly not the way I treat customers."
"What went wrong? Basically everything! What should have been a simple cable change booked on 31/3/2018. Unfortunately they new that the new Nissan Leaf would trip out the old point that was fitted, but just changed the cable anyway. When this wouldn't work I was told that a new board would have to be fitted, this would happen on the 8th May! Couldn't be checked on site as the right people weren't at their desks but would definitely get a call within the hour. I had to ring back on the 10th as none had bothered to call. Then as no-one called back AGAIN I tried ringing on Friday afternoon but no-one would pick-up - presumably POETS day! Rang again today 14th May, and have now been informed by email that it will be 22nd May before someone will come and TRY to fix it. In the meantime I'm expected to use either a three pin plug or go and pay over the odds at my nearest charger! All this while having a wife who needs ferrying to and from hospital following a recent heart transplant. I would have left negative stars if I could as the level of service (apart from the lovely lady on the phone at customer support) has been absolutely appalling."
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"Two weeks after purchasing the car Pod has been fitted, first charge pod light is red showing a fault so can,t use it also the lock I paid £30.00 for doesn't work so obviously not happy !!"
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"It didn't happen as it wasn't a standard installation. I noted that when I fill in the request form and also sent few pictures but the installer wasn't informed about that. So the installer made a survey and book another appointment when is prepared to carry out the installation."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Wrong equipment sent on two occasions, engineer unaware of what he needed to do, poor communication, wrong equipment recommended, etc. etc. etc. That being said the two engineers who came out to try to complete the jobs were both great. I issue is at head office / operations level."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The pod fuse tripped on the first use meaning I was left without a charged car in the morning and was 2 hours late for work. It took several hours (nearly 5 hours) to install and meant my husband wasn’t able to work I had paid for a lock which wasn’t installed."
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"Your administration and customer care is abismal. If this had a particular cause perhaps it should have been explained to me. The actual installation was carried out very competently by your engineer who was a glowing representative over your business."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I sent in lots of images and a long description of the location of our electricity fuse board and where the pod point would go but the engineer turned up not having seen anything I provided and then said it would take longer than planned so went off to another job promising to come back in 5 day’s. He never showed for the second installation even after I chased 5-10 times. The third scheduled installation had to be cancelled so finally at the fourth time of asking the point was installed but we then had issues with Red lights on the point. It’s resolved now but the whole process has been horrible."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I had a delightful, kind and helpful installer Brandon accompanied by a rude, aggressive and messy apprentice Kreon (or a name something like that) who apparently was being supervised/assessed as to whether he is able to do fittings by himself. I very VERY specifically asked to ensure that they hovered while drilling (I supplied the hoover as your fitters did not have one!!!) - but even the hoovering was not done adequately so we are left with a lot of dust mess which I now have to clear up. Kreon insisted on trying to rush everything and did not know even how to use a drill (he had it set in reverse!!) and tried to drill an 15mm hole with a 4mm drill bit hence produced a messy hole and damaged the wall behind it. Neither he nor Brandon realised that in trying to fit a Pod Point to an external Lime Mortar brick wall that you have to drill into the brick and not the pointing - so I had to do this myself!!!! Overall I am left quite traumatised by the experience and will be strongly recommending friends and family to look elsewhere to find a fitter should they be on the look out for a home EV supply point. Is Kreon ready to undertake fittings unsupervised - DEFINITELY NOT."
"Communication was great when they were trying to sell me a charger but then extremely poor once I had confirmed what I wanted. E-mailed them several times with information and requesting an invoice to confirm my order as well as an estimated delivery date and nothing! Have today told them I will not be proceeding with the order."
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.77 based on 5,666 reviews