POD Point Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend POD Point

About POD Point: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

dominic@pod-point.com

Discovery House28 – 42 Banner Street

How would you rate POD Point ?

"Very well explained and introduced. Point itself is very neatly fitted and consumer box was left clean and safe."
NATASHA SHAW
NATASHA SHAW
Verified Buyer
"Great service and installation"
Claire Luff
Claire Luff
Verified Buyer
"Turned up working the time expected. Was polite, friendly and got the job done. He shown me how to use the equipment."
"Cables were not fixed neatly to the wall and bad communication..."
Mohammad Saifur Rahman
3. How was the installation on the day?
"1st appointment cancelled due to staff sick. Notified to me cancellation about 10 mins before appointment! 2nd appointment, installer appeared without POD Point! 3rd appointment, installer appeared but refuse to carry-on due to more labour work! 4th appointment, installer done cable work but not installed the POD Point! 5th appointment, installer didn't turn up! 6th time, installer turned up without pre notification! All the i had to take off from work, which deducted from my holiday time!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I stayed in twice and cleared spaces ready. Both times and un-informed engineer turned up and said it was too big a job. They took photos and I had to each time talk them through what needed to be done. They went off and my day was wasted. After a long wait we had a third date. All this time since beginning of year having to trail a extension lead out of window and having very slow charge from internal plug point. The third date came and again I took everything out of cupboards and waited in with two small children unable to use their room. I was speechless when yet again I was told it was too big a job and they weren't informed of extent of work. Even though previous engineers had detailed reports and photos. I was infuriated at this point and asked him to at least fix the cable indoors so I could get my house straight again and use the room! To this he agreed. Thanks to him hearing me out and sympathising with my situation, the engineer continued to stay the day alone and finish the job. To finally get the job done and installation complete I was greateful to the engineer. However, my dealings with the company pod-point have been terrible and all confidence in how they managed our job was ruined."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Received a call 10 mins before my installation window was over to let me know that the person couldn't come as there had been an error in arranging my date. I had to change everything, including childcare around that installation. At the end, and only after I had to escalate the issue, did someone come later that day."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I could not get installation arranged as the contractor kept text late evening asking could he install the next morning. I did explain I would need a few days notice to organise because of work commitments. This is certainly not the way I treat customers."
"What went wrong? Basically everything! What should have been a simple cable change booked on 31/3/2018. Unfortunately they new that the new Nissan Leaf would trip out the old point that was fitted, but just changed the cable anyway. When this wouldn't work I was told that a new board would have to be fitted, this would happen on the 8th May! Couldn't be checked on site as the right people weren't at their desks but would definitely get a call within the hour. I had to ring back on the 10th as none had bothered to call. Then as no-one called back AGAIN I tried ringing on Friday afternoon but no-one would pick-up - presumably POETS day! Rang again today 14th May, and have now been informed by email that it will be 22nd May before someone will come and TRY to fix it. In the meantime I'm expected to use either a three pin plug or go and pay over the odds at my nearest charger! All this while having a wife who needs ferrying to and from hospital following a recent heart transplant. I would have left negative stars if I could as the level of service (apart from the lovely lady on the phone at customer support) has been absolutely appalling."
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"Two weeks after purchasing the car Pod has been fitted, first charge pod light is red showing a fault so can,t use it also the lock I paid £30.00 for doesn't work so obviously not happy !!"
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"It didn't happen as it wasn't a standard installation. I noted that when I fill in the request form and also sent few pictures but the installer wasn't informed about that. So the installer made a survey and book another appointment when is prepared to carry out the installation."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Wrong equipment sent on two occasions, engineer unaware of what he needed to do, poor communication, wrong equipment recommended, etc. etc. etc. That being said the two engineers who came out to try to complete the jobs were both great. I issue is at head office / operations level."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The pod fuse tripped on the first use meaning I was left without a charged car in the morning and was 2 hours late for work. It took several hours (nearly 5 hours) to install and meant my husband wasn’t able to work I had paid for a lock which wasn’t installed."
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"Your administration and customer care is abismal. If this had a particular cause perhaps it should have been explained to me. The actual installation was carried out very competently by your engineer who was a glowing representative over your business."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I sent in lots of images and a long description of the location of our electricity fuse board and where the pod point would go but the engineer turned up not having seen anything I provided and then said it would take longer than planned so went off to another job promising to come back in 5 day’s. He never showed for the second installation even after I chased 5-10 times. The third scheduled installation had to be cancelled so finally at the fourth time of asking the point was installed but we then had issues with Red lights on the point. It’s resolved now but the whole process has been horrible."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I had a delightful, kind and helpful installer Brandon accompanied by a rude, aggressive and messy apprentice Kreon (or a name something like that) who apparently was being supervised/assessed as to whether he is able to do fittings by himself. I very VERY specifically asked to ensure that they hovered while drilling (I supplied the hoover as your fitters did not have one!!!) - but even the hoovering was not done adequately so we are left with a lot of dust mess which I now have to clear up. Kreon insisted on trying to rush everything and did not know even how to use a drill (he had it set in reverse!!) and tried to drill an 15mm hole with a 4mm drill bit hence produced a messy hole and damaged the wall behind it. Neither he nor Brandon realised that in trying to fit a Pod Point to an external Lime Mortar brick wall that you have to drill into the brick and not the pointing - so I had to do this myself!!!! Overall I am left quite traumatised by the experience and will be strongly recommending friends and family to look elsewhere to find a fitter should they be on the look out for a home EV supply point. Is Kreon ready to undertake fittings unsupervised - DEFINITELY NOT."
"Communication was great when they were trying to sell me a charger but then extremely poor once I had confirmed what I wanted. E-mailed them several times with information and requesting an invoice to confirm my order as well as an estimated delivery date and nothing! Have today told them I will not be proceeding with the order."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The car only charged 24percent overnight so couldn't drive to work. Have called Nissan who need to call you to get it resolved."
"Why is it so hard to call someone back when they have a failed pod point charger? I ring everyday and no one calls back. I now have to go to a service station to charge my car everyday! You were very keen to sell me a charger, why the reluctance to fix it when it breaks (and it certainly does break - 4 times in the last 2 years)?"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Fitter polite and helpful . Overall service poor ,do not phone back , do not reply or do as they say they will. Pod point fitted but not working so still can not charge after such a long wait to get it fitted."
"First problem is that our garage was reconnected with reverse polarity on its switches and once we have come to use the podpoint we have found out they installed a 3kw charger instead of the 7kw ordered"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I would have thought that given the newness of the technology that a contractor engaged to do the work would be efficient and professional. Unfortunately, my opinion of the contractor engaged to carry out the work is to the contrary. The standard of the conduit to cover the internal cable is not brilliant and is just ok. Despite having indicated that a longer cable would be required the contractor did not bring enough conduit and had to run back to a supplier. Even the installation date was weeks after purchase of the car! We are now nearly a month since installation and I am still awaiting the lock - which was ordered at the time of installation and subsequently not installed with the installation. This has been chased a number of times and still outstanding. Ironic given I was chased within days of receiving the invoice for installation. Poor."
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"The people doing the installation had the wrong time slot down, should have been 8-10am, they had it down as afternoon. Luckily due to a cancellation did get to me at a reasonable time but I still had to leave a few minutes before they finished and they weren't able to wait for me to get back. The charger fitted was not the tethered unit as requested - the people installing told me they would have to come back and fit a tethered unit at a later date. When I tried the charger out it didn't work. I didn't realise this initially, only found out after leaving the car plugged in all day, which meant cancelling my journey the next day. I had a visit from Western Power after the charger was fitted - they stated that they would have to dig up the neighbour's drive to change the power supply to both of our houses, to avoid a risk of the charger overloading the system and lights dimming etc. They also looked at the connection in the meter cupboard and said that a) it couldn't go there as there had to be space for a smart meter and b) it was fitted upside down so it appeared to be off when on and vice versa. At the moment I am waiting for the dealer that sold me the car to resolve some issues. Once they have done this I may need to rearrange installation, but only once I am satisfied that all of the problems I've encountered will be fixed."
POD Point is rated 4.77 based on 5,150 reviews