Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
I found that I constantly had to chase up pod point for any meaningful updates. On the first occasion I spoke to the company via telephone, the lady I spoke to was rude. Having spoken to her she advised that all that was required was an official letter from Peugeot confirming that I would be leasing an electric vehicle from this company. Peugeot sent this confirmation to Faye Kirkham via email on 28/09/20. Having had no update,on 14/10/20, I sent an email to pod point asking for confirmation that you were ready to proceed with installation. On Friday, 16/10/20 at 4.38pm, Faye sent a generic email stating that I was required to complete all of the forms that had already been completed. It appeared to me that she was replying in this manner to comply with response targets set by pod point rather than to assist me in progressing this matter. On 20/10/20 I contacted pod point via telephone, the lady I spoke to stated she could not understand why Faye had sent a generic email. She agreed to speak with her in a bid to seek clarity and get back to me within an hour. Two hours later, having not received a call I recontacted pod point and spoke with Nicholas Arkell. Finally I was able to speak with someone who was both helpful and able to quickly progress things through in readiness for installation. In terms of the installation, the engineer that attended, contacted me on the day of installation with a time that he would be arriving. He was helpful and took the time to explain the process to us.
Started in June got all the paperwork done and paid the fee. They sent the installer to check out who saw no problem and took the details of the management company of our block. Phoned end July and they had lost details given and sent in a new installer to check out the work involved. Again no problem and given details of management company electrician. Received a quote of £185 to cover 10 extra metres of cable over the 15 covered. Then they were told my management company had to install the cable. This cost me another week and £250 for all the cable including data (there is no WiFi in basement). Eventually the charger was fitted at the end of September and did not work as it was incorrectly fitted this took another week..
I asked podpoint for a refund for the 15 metres of cable I fitted for them and they have now been prevaricating and not replying to my emails except to say they are looking at it.
There was a complete lack of communication and impossible to ring or get replies to emails. It works but was a real hassle and cost me an extra £250 unecssarily
Unfortunately, it has taken two years to complete the installation. There have been factors outside of Pod-Points control such as upgrading of the local transformer and removal of a looped mains feed however none of this was anticipated or explained by Pod Point from the outset.

In fact, Point Point were more than happy to take payment for the installation then sit back and wait for me to have to sort out the power distribution coming into the house.

Finally, once all the power upgrade work was complete, we then had three electricians arrive on separate occasions to complete the install.

The works are now complete - I am still not happy that the feed has been installed on a 6mm cable as it was agreed a 10mm cable would be installed. Unfortunately, today the plasterboard is going up so it is unable to rectify going forward without any excavation works.

Although I still believe that your charging units are one of the best on the market, I won’t be recommending Pod-Point
The charger point is faulty and not working
Absolutely awful. Whilst Naomi and electrician were excellent, the arrangement of the installation was woeful. I had to keep chasing and was lied to about timing. The electrician who installed was excellent, even though the charger didn't work... faulty pcb. So, after months of waiting, charger doesn't work and no idea when it will be rectified.
We used pod point via our NHS Fleet Solutions lease car schemes (me & my partner both had electric cars on order from two separate NHS trusts), this process was messy & disjointed. Initially pod point told us they wouldn’t do ground work, then changed their minds & all of a sudden had a team that just did ground work but this would come at a cost of £800 per day plus materials. We questioned that price & asked for a visit for a quote of works we actually needed to be done so that we could arrange another company to do this for us if needed prior to installation. Pod point eventually visited us to do this but at no time did we get the detailed info on the work that was needed – a very basic overview & again with such a high cost. We were then contacted by Energise Energy to book us in but they said they don’t do ground work, so very confusing here. It took over 1 month for Pod Point to get back to us properly & even when they did they hadn’t provided all that we had asked for. Eventually points were installed (after being in the pipeline for over 2 months) by ? Energise Energy.
The whole process was timely, difficult & very disjointed. Pod Point needed almost daily chasing at stages & were absolutely ridiculous with their pricing (quoted us I believe £900 including extra materials & we had a local company do this for £250) so really an awful company to be doing business with, quite content to rip you off, & ridiculous to get in contact with.
Would completely avoid if there was a way we could have done so – but alas the points were installed through a workplace car lease scheme - which is the only reason we have used them on this occasion.
The charger was fitted yesterday and has gone faulty twice already. Customer service at PP is terrible, cant get hold of technical support to sort the issue out as they are “ to busy” and unable to give me a date for a call back. Complaint letter sent to PP on the terrible service received.
Due to arrive at 1:00. I called around 2:00 to chase. I was called back and told that they would arrive around 3:15. They arrived just after 3:00. They were not wearing masks. The young of the pair wore one for a bit when he came to photograph the water main and the gas.Apart from that one time neither wore masks and they weren’t making any attempt to social distance.
Furthermore, it wasn’t until they left that I discovered that they had come into the kitchen and taken out all of the tea that was stored in front of the fuse box. Obviously to get to the fuse box. They had no right to come into our house without permission and certainly not to start emptying a cupboard.
At the moment, I have only have a charger to look at as it doesn't work.

Initial contact via the website was fine, however they did not contact me with an installation date, I had to chase one. Once passed on to the sub-contractor it was a speedy and efficient process.

The installation was checked on the day and seemed fine - the car didn't need a charge so a proper check was not possible. On the first occasion that I tried to use it, the unit cut out after about 15 seconds and has continued to do so.

I have contacted Pod Point on three occasions to date and been promised a follow-up call on each occasion without receiving one. It seems that support is non-existent if you do not link the device to your home wifi. This is not currently an option as the our wifi network doesn't reach the area where the unit is situated.

At the moment I would suggest anyone considering this complany steers clear and investiage other options. I will be writing to Audi, who link with them, to inform them of this as well.
I thought the service was ablssmal
Thls started by buying car on 17 September my pod is now showing a red light is his right I do not know as I have e never been able to use it yet. I am way past dlssapointed.
Ann Tupper
07815311449. mb num.
The men who came to install the pod were great but the whole process prior to that was made as difficult as possible and came very close to cancelling the car. very difficult and disappointing.
My Podpoint was installed on 12th Oct and it did not work. 10 days later, 7 phone calls later it still doesn't work. Repeated assurances that someone would get back to me never happened. I have now been offered an engineer appointment for 2nd November, although I am unable to confirm so have to phone them yet again.
Pod point installed two weeks ago on third charger still not working
Numerous requests for photos when we did not know what we were dealing with. Without my granddaughters help to load the photos we would have been completely stuck. It would have only taken a 10 minute risk assessment of the property by someone who knew what they were doing, and also of the equipment being used.
Very good job done by the installer who finished the job despite being phoned halfway through and sacked being paid off he still finished the job
Stay clear!

The amount of paperwork was confusing with much going backwards and forwards with multiple parties over long time with several things done incorrectly on all sides. Paperwork took over a month. A simple document explaining the process you could follow with examples would have made the process much easier for all parties

The installation was supposed to include up to 3 metres of trunking for inside. This was not done and I have checked part of the contract there should be. There is a thick cable and a tiny thin data cable neatly clipped to wall etc in the utility room. Am concerned that i will snag the exposed thin cable as coming in and out of the room, so it does need to be put in trunking. I was not asked if I wanted this or not and checked paperwork afterwards.

The holster for the cable end was fitted with a tiny tiny rawlplug, so the first time I tried to remove the cable the holster came off the wall. I put in a request for support (as I am not supposed to fix anything or otherwise break my warranty) but after 3 days of logging an issue I have heard nothing from pod-point apart from them asking me to do a review.

I have chased 3 or 4 times. No reply!

They took the money off me upon ordering and not providing support. I don't have an EV test so have no idea if it actually works.

I read there was an app. So I looked online and found the details of entering a PSL number. I had been given no paperwork (physical or via email) so had to unwind the cable to get the number under the main unit and eventually got the app connected. Not major but just annoying as should have told me what the PSL is so I can create the account.

The box itself seems very brittle and plasticy!
Luke came on time and installed the charging point. He was not very vocal as I wanted to understand a bit more about how it all works. He was working in such a rush that it felt impossible to talk and ask questions. He kept knocking the front door into the electrical cabinets. It just felt like we were another installation on his list.
The fitting was spot-on but the customer services is proberly the WORST I have ever experience I must have sent you over 100 emails and voice messages the lot and you never replied to any of them I even sent emails with 3 different email addresses if there was a box to tick for customer service it would be -100 I would not recommend you to anybody!!!!!!
Ordered my home charger on 23rd September. Was told that installation would be 2-3 weeks. Since ordering have filled out OLEV documents 3 times and still not been given an installation date. Live in a very rural areas so popping out to recharge not very practical. Will be asking for a full refund as local supplier has said they can install in 2-3 days with full grant. Only went with Pod Point as recommended by Motorpoint Hyundai. It is impossible to communicate with Pod Point as no emails are replied to and the telephone number goes to a full mailbox.
Firstly Stoneacre said only the purchaser could have the Podpoint installation installed. As a company car, this meant it would be the workplace that had the charger. Not the end of the world until you get mid process, only to find out that you can't have a domestic charger on a commercial premises.

After Podpoint failed to sell a commercial installation at an extra charge, it was accepted that the Podpoint charger could in fact be installed at the car users address after all. However, Podpoint managed to close the case at their end for no apparent reason, and regardless of the numerous calls and emails chasing an installation date.

5 months later and after more calls again, we finally got an installation date. This has to be one of the poorest organised firms going. Baring in mind that the majority of the correspondence was with personnel titled as management.

The installation day was the only positive. The person who installed was on time and polite. Had the install done within approx 90-120 mins.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 19,067 reviews