Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
I installed a new Podpoint home 7KW charger at the recommendation of the car dealer on the 17th Feb 2021, very impressed with their onboarding and installation, but the unit has not worked since day one and I have not managed to charge my car yet. I raised a complaint which seems to have done nothing as they don't appear to have any internal processes to deal with them?? They said they would send me an engineer and a replacement PCB. I have called and emailed to ask for a tracking number for the part and a date for the engineer to attend and I have got nothing back which is why im writing this poor review. I think I am going to ask them to come and remove it and ask for a full refund so please be very careful as my experience so far has been appalling and I'm sure other suppliers must be better.
Installation was fine in Dec. but since then the charger has seldom worked. I have contacted Pod Point so many times. Engineers have called but unable to get this working. Disgraceful as this is such an important piece of equipment. I am now relying on commercial chargers. This is some of the worst after sales service I have experienced.
Cancelled the first installation 30 minutes after the appointment was due. Rescheduled was on Saturday and after two visits it still doesn't work!
Getting an electric charging plug fitted in a block of flats is an nightmare.
2 men one to hold a step ladder extra £150 then the total cost close to £1000 when a 13amp plug would do the job. What a rip off.
The first visit was in vain as most of the time the engineer was on phone to his boss getting consultation and advice. The charge point could have been installed on the day itself had there been some initiative to get it done.
The second visit was no less than a drama over the wooden plinth in the kitchen. The supervisor refused to take the plinth away and threatened to walk away. Very unpleasant and avoidable situation.
What are we doing to further EV use in the UK?

How many petrol stations ask you to download an app and place a deposit before they sell you petrol?

Having downloaded the pod point app "topped up" (nice one) £40.00, it was then and only then that I was told that the charger was not working. The difference between that and a scam is pretty hard to distinguish.

What on earth is the world coming to when free trade itself tries to impeded free trade by insisting on app downloads and prepayments? (Do those go into an investment trust ?) By all means, please issue a loyalty card after the event, but certainly, please, don't take my money until you have sold me something.
Installation engineer was prompt, pleasant and polite, all done in a few hours.
The admin of my order was atrocious, took 3 months of emails to sort it.. This has made my purchase of a new car a stressful and unpleasant one.
I would certainly not recommend your services to anyone else.
Thanks, Ant.
Installation only half completed on the booked day, poor communication, took almost a month to get the unit actually working after install, no response to emails for weeks at a time, did not provide any documentation with the unit in terms of operation/warranty or the paperwork required to claim the EST grant. Very disappointed.
Had a very bad experience,far too complicated,
The only decent thing was the installation amazing guy
Paid for extra, tried to deny we had paid for extra. Very late for installation although they did contact and let us know 2 minutes before expected arrival, pointless emails before discussing location of pod point as installer tried to put it where he wanted anyway. Extremely unhelpful booking system, just given a date and expected to accommodate despite majority of fleet customers being NHS shift workers. Unhelpful, difficult to contact and very tardy.
The actual installation on the day was fine and the installer was good and helpful etc. However my overall experience was poor. My installation is probably not standard, but the process was protracted, took a lot of my time up, was provided with incomplete information and overall was tortuous. Had I known at the start I would not have bothered to proceed.
Almost impossible to get a reponse from Podpoint - none of the many telephone extentions seemed ever to be manned. Very frustrating!
The charging cable does not reach my car,
Installed over neighbours path way causing a hazard when the charge cable is plugged in. Now need to get it moved.
Except for the engineer that installed charger, very poor service.
Ridiculously complicated process, e mails repeatedly bounced back and forth, massively frustrating would never use again!
Next time send a qualified electrician
Absolutely awful.... The project manager on our Acc, nice guy but needs to possibly go back to Uni to see if there is any degree course in common sense. End up costing us additional £200 due to his lack of common sense. Find a different company to use.
The process to installation was appalling. If I haven’t taken delivery of the car I would have cancelled. Emails that were set ti me were unnecessarily rude. The gentleman on the phone prior to installation was polite as was the
gentleman that installed the unit was very polite too.
Installation was cancelled twice with no forewarning, adequate explanation or compensation. Wasted two days of not being able to work
Eventually happened on the third try
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 22,254 reviews