Pod Point Limited Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

02072474114

hello@pod-point.com

Discovery House28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy

Over a week
Nick Skew
"The commutation prior to the installation was excellent. The engineers who attended were good at communicating their eta and were polite and courteous. The installation is excellent and I’m really pleased. My only thought is that I might have chosen the wrong model, I chose the universal whereas maybe I should have chosen one with a lead so I didn’t have to use the one out of the car."
Christopher Dixon
"Quickly done and a very neat installation."
"Easy to deal with, efficient & professional."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The unit was fitted on 20th May and is unserviceable (does not work). I have now sent 2 E mails and phoned on 3 occasions (waiting usually 10 minutes on each call). I am now told that the unit cannot be replaced or repaired until 29th May. That is 9 days after the installation. Suffice to say that although I have been promised a return call, no one from Pod Point has contacted me. This is just not good enough and the response from Pod Point is poor."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Lot of mess created by installer. Pod point charger is not fitted where I wanted this. Engineer was going to leave on the day to book survey but me waiting long as it is couldn't wait any further came to an agreement with the engineer tk install where it currently is.. Engineer made mistake on first fitting came back second time to rectify. There was two holes from first visit I explained they needed to be covered engineer used silicon to fill the whole which I believe is not the right material. Finally the account was not set up properly I do not have the WiFi set up to my account"
"was a great experience ordering and the installation also went smoothly. however pod point are abysmal at handling a fault with their charger they have failed to even acknowledge it despite 4 telephone reports and a written complaint to which i never got a response over a 5 week period. so if you want a ev charger that you can rely on, you need to be wary and i certainly regret getting a home pod point charger"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The simple 2 hour install took 5 hours to install the wrong charger."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The first engineer was very ill prepared for the job. The cable had already been installed to the fuse box and he cut it too short and had to run a new cable. He misunderstood the fuse box where an rccd had already been installed and fitted (unnecessarily) another fuse box. He refused to complete the installation as there was no 40amp breaker. The current taken by the podpoint does not need a 40amp breaker. After he left it took nearly three weeks of calling podpoint before they sent an engineer to complete the job. Don’t expect anyone at podpoint to help you. Their call centre is used to fob you off - they do not call you back and no one knows what is going on. They can’t escalate your call and if the computer says your job is done then it is - even though it patently is not. Not impressed."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Customer service was absolutely abysmal. Installation was fine, and the engineers were fantastic. I had to call twice in order to force a response from the customer service department to follow through with my order. I was often waiting several days for a response which usually ended up as a simple one sentence answer. I had to prompt the representative several times to chase up a refund. Pod point had my money for over a month without actually delivering anything. I've only had the point installed today - over a month and a half from when I had paid for it. The car dealership said it would take a few days maximum. I feel completely let down by the service and won't be advising anyone to choose pod point as a reputable partner for their EV. As mentioned earlier the installation was fine - a highlight in an otherwise terrible experience in which I felt cheated out of money and suffered significant stress in having to chase up basic responses across email - something that literally would take moments to respond to. I intend to follow up with both my dealership and manufacture contacts as the customer service was completed at odds with what was offered."
"Instillation perfect... everything else disastrous... been waiting 3 months for them to fix a malfunctioning unit. after 2 call outs I still have the same issue. Keep being promised my issue has been escalated, but been waiting over a month for another call out, they cant even give me an appointment date or time over the phone, their customer service and maintenance teams don't seem to have any cooperation or links to one another. It's either terrible management or they're going bust. Either way they're not exactly helping the EV revolution. check a few other review sites, and you'll find that other people have similar problems."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"No liaison from office to installer. Conflicting advice from office and installer. Universal cable not supplied (as ordered) by installer. Phone call to office in the midst of this whilst installer and I were discussing best way forward - I was promised a call back ASAP. I didn’t get a call back at all!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The pod point doesn't work, I have reported this twice but no arrangements are in place to fix it. The pod point was not fitted when you said it would be because there was no sickness cover for the engineer who was supposed to fit it. The engineer was late and fitting took much longer than you said it would. The engineer had not been told what kind of charger to fit and had to ask me. The engineer had not been told he had to fit a lock to the unit and I had to provide proof of ordering which put me to trouble and inconvenience whilst I was at work. Further the fitting process took a “wrong first time” approach. You have had to refund c £1,200 to me for services I bought but which you were unable to provide. This is because it was not clear from your website that fitting a 22kwh charger required 3 phase electricity nor that I would have to source and appoint my own electrician to lay cable through the house, a service I thought I had arranged through you. As a result of theses delays I have had to spend a lot of time charging at public chargers at cost to me. I am a high mileage driver and have to charge every day."
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"The instalation engineer was 5 star he did a great job .Neat tidy explained evrything . Showed me the testing lights indicating all ok . IT WOULD BE NICE IF IT WORKED WHICH IT DOESN'T when conecting my car which works fine on all other chargers and the slow trickle charger supplied . The unit shows a fault (red light) checkd with your phone service and followed all the instructions ,multiple conections and disconnections. Switching off and let it have a rest for a while .My call was logged with your maintanance department .which is where it stays ....no call back no contact . I hope this feed back has the effect of waking someone up in the maintanance department !"
"Charger installed on 10 April and has never worked. Reported 3 times by phone and once by email but still no sign of the promised phone call to arrange an appointment for an engineer to fix it. I understand perfectly that the charging unit may be faulty but was expecting better customer service to put it right"
"Appalling service. Company geared to making the sale not supporting the customer. Installation engineer worked extremely hard and was the only positive from my experience. Unit stopped working properly after one week. Customer helpline failed to return calls. Messages taken were ignored. Emails were ignored. Took the installation engineer to put four calls into his own office before I received a callback. Still not fixed 3 weeks on. No proper process for dealing with complaints."
"Having cancelled my order and being informed that I would not be charged I was very angry to find they hit my Debit card in excess of £500 for the privilege. I cannot recommend these people in anyway for anything. They are not honest."
"The installation went well and was quick and easy. However, when we encountered a problem the service was abysmal! The car would not charge and after reporting the issue, it took 4 weeks and numerous phone call, emails and a letter, before an engineer finally came to rectify the problem. It appears to be OK now but we wait to see if it is permanent."
"Not yet installed. Text arrived on day of installation 18th March to say engineer rung in sick. I had arranged for someone to be on site and gave details to arrange another date. No one contacted. I e mailed ALi Huckin who had arranged to original date on 28th Feb. No reply. I called in this week and someone took details and said they would respond. Nothing...."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The pod point is not working!"
"Absolutely appalling service should you encounter a problem, the pod point developed a blue light which means it requires maintenance, only had the charger installed less than 3 months and for almost a month we have been unable to use the home charger awaiting an engineer. I highly recommend That you find a different company, unless you want to chase them, as your be waiting a very long time! I’d actually wouldn’t even give them 1 star"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Very happy with the installation – it could not be better. However, Pod Point hide behind a CallCenter . If you ring them, you obviously want to talk to somebody. The CallCenter will only take a message and email it across. This may get answered a couple of days later or not at all. As a customer this is very frustrating. I did actually visit the office and once you get to meet and speak with people, the level of knowledge and helpfulness is outstanding.....HOWEVER>>>>>>>>>>> SO, now I have the car - collected on Tuesday. Turns out the charger doesn't actually work. Fault reported on Tuesday and we are now going into the weekend with nothing concrete happening other than a suggestion that I turn it on and off again and that they have reset it remotely which has made not a jot of difference. Now wishing I had read other reviews before getting involved with them...."
"Installed incorrectly,engineer rectified Charger stopped working a few weeks later,took a number of calls to get any response and I had to repeat the error and history each time I rang.Front of charger replaced. Wi Fi now not working that allows me to calculate electricity spend,fault reported and no returned call as promised Podpoint very quick and efficient executing the sale but speed of back up so far is poor"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Friendly installer. On time. Quick efficient installation. Only minor issue was that the installer ‘wasn’t allowed’ to enter loft space to run cables. Since installation however Pod-Point has not worked. I have phone 4 times to date, I keep getting told it is being escalated to head office but still not heard back. Poor after care."
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.77 based on 8,237 reviews