Pod Point Limited Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

02072474114

hello@pod-point.com

Discovery House28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy

Over a week
Nick Skew
"The commutation prior to the installation was excellent. The engineers who attended were good at communicating their eta and were polite and courteous. The installation is excellent and I’m really pleased. My only thought is that I might have chosen the wrong model, I chose the universal whereas maybe I should have chosen one with a lead so I didn’t have to use the one out of the car."
Christopher Dixon
"Quickly done and a very neat installation."
"Easy to deal with, efficient & professional."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The guy who came to install our pod point was albeit friendly a wet lettuce - it was almost as if he was maybe newly trained (didnt say this) or just not confident in what he should be doing making several calls to management and also querying and triple checking everything he did! I actually had to have 2 installation days despite indepth photos of where the point could go and the route to the gas/electricty meters he basically spent the first 45 minutes of the first installation day all i can say is faffing about trying to decide where to put cables and even then the way he has done them makes no logical sense at all - he has gone into the middle of the wall and across when i asked for the cable to enter the garage wall through the bottom and run up inside and then we could run the outside cable to the pod point unit along the base of the garage wall and then a single cable up to the unit itself - this he said was not possible but i couldn't see why not when there was ample free space either side of the wall to do this. It looked to me a simple then route of the cable through the garage running along the top out through the back door wall and then across into the new utility room area where the fuse box (he couldn't go to the actual meter cupboard as said there wasn't enough room in there despite a very clear picture of this sent before the first installation) but this took the 45 minutes to decide and even then he questioned it with management and kept umming and arrghin about it all. The 2nd visit today was met with sighs of there is a skip in the way, despite the workmen actually clearing the whole area around the skip so he could have full clean and safe access to where he needed to install the point unit, and further sighs when i came to the fuse board despite him communicating to myself and my electrician what he wanted in the fuse box as to what was acceptable for him to connect the charge cable which we followed. He spent a good time then umming and arrggh over whether what we had done was correct for him referring back to management again on the phone and referring to manuals! In the end what we had done as he had requested was ok but yet another 30 mins wasted worrying over this which wasn't needed. He also spoke to me as if i was an electrician and knew what MK boards and exchanges were to which i had to actually tell him "you know i'm not an electrician so have no idea what you are saying and why you are saying this". On a positive the communication although a little slow via email about appointments and what was needed was quite good and I appreciate the understanding of me having to move appointments back due to my nan not being well. Would I recommend pod point to another person.... unfortunately I would say No due to the experience i have had on installation where i just felt the lack of confidence in what was being done and thus me becoming very frustrated by what seemed quite a simple process being made into an arduous time taking task was unnecessary."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Although the install works electrically the rest of the install is poor. The pod point was not installed in the correct location even though I supplied photos os where I wanted it installed. The plastic ducting used to hide the cable is dirty, heavily scratched and looks like nasty. In one place my skirting board has been damaged."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The engineer had no tools to clear up his mess. He had no vacuum, dustpan and brush or broom. My cupboard where my fuseboard is housed was left with brick dust everywhere. There was mess on the outside of my house, where he attached the cable to the house. This is my house and we were bitterly disappointed that your engineers have no method of cleaning up after themselves. He also groke the face off the brick when he put the 22mm drill through the wall, again he had nothing with him to make good the damage. I was also expecting him to leave me with a certificate to say that the works had been completed to an industry approved standard. Again I would have thought would have be done."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I ordered a lock and it wasn't fitted. Also the wifi connection doesn't appear to work."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The installation went ok but I have an issue that I have reported twice (once via the app and once via phone) and still no follow up."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Hey, It saddens me to have to report this as our engineer turned up early and seems like a lovely bloke. He made a massive error while installing our system today. One that put my family and I in immediate danger. Whilst drilling through the wall into our meter cupboard, he drilled directly into the back of our main gas inlet pipe. I came downstairs to a slight hint of gas and could see he was struggling with something in the cupboard. I actually thought to myself, “nah, he can’t of?”. Then I saw his hand reach round and knock on the inner door. I opened the door and immediately the gas smell hit me in the face. He, understandably, was visibly shaken. Basically he had his finger over the hole stopping the gas from coming out and couldn’t move. I ran to get some tape, evacuated my wife and daughter and shut the gas supply off at the meter. As I write this, the meter has been made safe by Cadent, who made it over within 15 mins of calling gas emergency. I am now struggling to find an engineer that will come out and fix this. Ive spent nearly 2 hours in the phone. And it looks like we are going to be without gas tonight and I have to take another day off tomorrow. It was an honest mistake, and the engineer has been very apologetic (as well as shaking and looking white as a sheet). But it was one that could have been avoided so easily. It also could have been very costly as he was drilling from the other side and had no idea that gas was coming out of that pipe. He said he is going to put in a call after he has finished the install to explain what happened, so hopefully you have received that before this. I look forward to your response."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The first estimate was wrong, the first engineer came out without enough cabling so she had to wait another 10 days for instillation and we had 2 surcharges to pay because of the incorrect estimates."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"1. The order process is designed to extract payment ASAP without giving clear knowledge of the multiple forms, photos and arrangements required before you can even book the installation"
"We had a Pod point installed a year ago. It arrived after the car (despite assurances that it would be install before the car arrived), the wifi was never connected and 2 months ago it started to "trip out" and fail to charge. Despite repeated attempts to get Pod point to send an engineer, we are still waiting! We live in a rural area and depend on our car - this does not inspire confidence for the future. I would not recommend Pod point to friends."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"First appointment cancelled. Second appointment 1.5 hours later than the given window. I was given no guidance about the space required to fit the charger."
"Installation brilliant but customer service abysmal. Despite 2 phone calls and one email nothing heard from them"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"poor communication delays multiple inconclusive phone calls"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Delay due to what may, generously, be described as misunderstanding. Eventually the completion date arrived but the unit did not function correctly. I was advised by the installer that Pod-Point would be in touch sort out the problem. So far no contact after a week. Initially the contact with the home installation team suggested efficiency. The installer was efficient within the limits of his remit. I still await completion."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The people on the phone wanted many photos and measurements several times. I explained on the third call that this was consultancy from my point of view and consultancy is NOT FREE! The wonderful car was delivered and even though we purchased said car back in November only taking delivery on 16 of March the Pod was delivered almost a week later! Not very good logistics! There was conversation that our simple installation was more complex and may need to spend more money being spent as a special install. Also our Leaf Salesman did not do a good job of explaining how this Pod company worked. When failing as a service always blame the salesman. I expected better after all this is not America! We were delayed several times on installation owing to illness, Excuse not verified! Sounds more like the dog ate the childs homework, try explaining that one to a teacher! What we received on installation day 1/2 day later than scheduled by the "office", a Mr Chris Snow. Take note those who have key employee jobs, you will not make it to work on same day as installation! Outstanding installer! This comes from a man who installed intrusion alarms in San Francisco Bay Area in 1977 and gone on to move to the UK and started in computer in 1984 with first client of WordStar then Intel, IBM etc from BBC Radio n TV to Moscow N TV in Russia. I do know both sides of the business. Chris Rocks! The office is less than desirable! The office will tell you that you do not have a "normal" installation! This is IMHO from a fool who has not visited our site and expecting an "end user" to tell the truth! LOL!!! I would hire Chris again, but, not the company as with hind site I would look for the competition as there were too many calls from inarticulate office person and too much let downs by everyone except Chris the Installer! By the way I am happy with our Leaf and Nissan along with Jake our salesperson. Pod was a time wasting email making many and phone calls with excuses!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Engineer had to charge battery for drill when he arrived. The drill was then faulty and did not work, so I had to loan him my drill. Someone else did eventually arrive with another drill for him. Also it would of been good if someone came around before hand and surveyed the site, to check the scope of the works needed. As they could of buried the cable rather than having big unsightly cable running across the front of my property."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I was not told in advance how complicated it would be, with specific requirements for the fuse box which 8 was told I would need to get a separate electrician at my own expense to fit. The fitter was very helpful when he arrived but was 2 hrs late and was sent by the office to a wrong address 20 minutes away. The installation took nearly 3 hrs so didn’t end until nearly 6 and I was trying to listen to explanations while making the kids’ tea. No criticism of the fitter - rather of the misleading expectations we were given about the speed and simplicity of the process."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The communications with head office was awful. Three days running I emailed a question in the evening, and each time I didn't hear back until after 3pm the next day, and always with an email, when I'd asked for a call. The first install on the Tuesday was abandoned as the engineer didn't have enough cable. The second install the Monday after went smoothly, tidily, and was well explained, but the Point wouldn't charge. I called at 8pm to report the fault, again just before 9pm, again at 10:30am, again at 1pm, and each time no-one could help, and yet again it was after 3pm when I finally heard back. It took massive persuasion on our part to get someone round to fix it on the Thursday and not the week after. I wish I had used another company."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Am still waiting for my order to be completed. I ordered a locking system which has not been fitted. Am still awaiting a contact from your organisation to tell me how you are going to complete my order."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"took payment then presented a whole host of bureaucracy that was not expecting on line form filling did not work (I have a mac book pro) manual form filling and communication with staff was a nightmare. Your staff rudely blamed me for their own errors. Overly officious! The fixed cable length is less than the cable that came with the car. The charge for a longer cable was extortionate. The additional charge for a holster is ridiculous. A holster is a basic requirement. You tried to charge for a second call out when the engineer sad that was an unnecessary charge as he had another job in the area on the day in any event."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Took far too long for the office to book the appointment. I had completed the documentation of 6 occasions which was very frustrating."
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.77 based on 8,405 reviews