Pod Point Limited Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

02072474114

hello@pod-point.com

Discovery House28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy

Telephone
Nick Skew
"The commutation prior to the installation was excellent. The engineers who attended were good at communicating their eta and were polite and courteous. The installation is excellent and I’m really pleased. My only thought is that I might have chosen the wrong model, I chose the universal whereas maybe I should have chosen one with a lead so I didn’t have to use the one out of the car."
Christopher Dixon
"Quickly done and a very neat installation."
"Easy to deal with, efficient & professional."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I would like to start by saying that the POD Point itself has been installed to our satisfaction and works great and we have had no issues with the kit itself. The electrician who did the installation had issues with his own equipment (tablets/phones) and had trouble getting the POD Point up and running, which he told me he had been having issues with all week. He wasn't exactly a great ambassador for your brand! While he was there I noticed that the heating had gone off in the house. I asked if it could have been anything that he had done that had caused it, as the power had been turned off for an hour, he assured me it shouldn't have affected the heating. The installation took place on Friday, but we couldn't get Worcester/Bosch to send an engineer out until Monday. So unfortunately we spent the weekend with no heating or hot water. On Monday the heating engineer came out and discovered that the supply to the gas meter had been knocked off, the valve must have been knocked while your electrician was working near it. I know accidents happen, and it was unfortunate that this happened on a Friday, but I feel that more care should have been taken when working around the gas meter."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The PodPoint was installed but was unable to accept a required software download. I tried to contact PodPoint but despite trying may times no one answered the phone! Eventually I was promised a new board with the required software pre-installed but when it was installed I was told that they had sent it out without installing the update. After waiting 1 hour the software finally installed in the new board."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Delay in getting a date to install. First attempt to install failed due to an existing electrical conduit in the way which could have been dealt with if photos of the full access were asked for and provided. The second attempt today did not have the notes from the previous attempt and did not have the correct conduit so he had to go out and source. After fitting today the conduit is not level or flush with the wall or skirting board and needs to be replaced. I await a speedy response. Regards Steve"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Why is my charger inside the garage instead of outside?"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I have very mixed feelings about the whole thing. The installer, Jonathan Bidewell, was very good [prompt, pleasant and reasonably informative] and so, therefore, was the installation process, tho' Jonny himself admitted he couldn't have asked for an easier, more straightforward set-up. By contrast the product itself is hugely disappointing. I had been forewarned that it was gargantuan in size [unlike the discreet appliance I originally wanted, but the installation had to be cancelled at the last minute] but nobody had told me that the whole thing flashes a white light all night, drawing unwonted attention from every passer-by. Had I known about this feature I wouldn't have dreamt of proceeding . So please advise whether this feature can be disabled or otherwise hidden - if not I shall have to consider terminating our contract and seeking an alternative charger elsewhere. Stephen Shepherd [copied to SLM Motors, Norwich."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Pod Point office wanted £250 extra for a 7 meter lead to be fitted (instead of a 5 meter lead)! Installer made no attempt to avoid brick dust getting everywhere (and didn't clean up either)."
"Wifi did not work on initial install, engineer did not state this would be an issue for updates. Lately the unit has been failing to charge, pod-point state it need an update for my Leaf. Engineer can't be on site for 7 days. I work away and therefore need to start at 6am and don't get home until 7pm. Therefore the granny charger can't recharge in time.this is adding 1-2 hrs per day on my journey. If this was a ICE that the petrol tank had a fault they would not make you wait 7 days."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Several emails confirming appointment was 10-12am. I called around 1230 after no-show. Your colleague said the engineer was “stuck in traffic”. When he did arrive several hours late he said he wasn’t late - he had in fact been scheduled to arrive in the afternoon after his earlier appointments so was on time. It would be a natural conclusion to draw that someone is lying here. He was either scheduled early and stuck in traffic or scheduled later and knew nothing about traffic - I can’t see how both could be true. I sometimes experience poor service but most companies have the decency and respect to apologise genuinely and admit their mistakes instead of treating their customers like idiots and lying to them. You wasted 4 hours of my working time, finishing at 4pm instead of 12pm, and with no warning."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I ordered a free-standing unit and specified it would be mounted in soil. But when the engineer arrived he expected a concrete base. As a result the installation was delayed a week. Secondly the package containing the freestanding unit did not include mounting screws for the plate to the post. The engineer (on his second visit) had to improvise by drilling new holes in the plate."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Wrong unit delivered and installed and when unit was available for use it was discovered the wrong type of plug. Installer he’d to go get the right plug"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Original appointment was not kept. No one contacted us to say it was cancelled."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The chap turned up on time in the morning about 08.15 and was immediately absolutely stumped as to how to do the installation - thought he was going to have a nervous breakdown, moaning about how the company always sens him on jobs like mine that are a nightmare and how the company doesn't understand how difficult the jobs are. He walked up and down the road for a while then came back saying he needed to go off and buy trunking, came back maybe 90 mins later and left at 18.15 in the evening. I have photos of the state of the work he completed and left in my house and would like to send them to you as I am really not happy with the quality of his work and how my house has been left. I understand that I need to have trunking through but have been left with holes in the wall, and unfinished trunking etc etc, it looks a complete mess. Please could someone contact me and let me know where I can send the photos?"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Fitting went well, but we don't know how to work it, or how to use the switch. There is nothing in the little booklet about the switch. We don't know whether it is on or off. The booklet is totally misleading about the lights on the Pod. The booklet tells us there is one light on the pod whilst clearly there are 2, and none of the lights match any of the lights mentioned in the booklet. For instance, there is a white light which seems to be the standby light but there is no mention of this in the booklet. We are in the dark and are just guessing. Sometimes the cable gets stuck in the pod and we can't get it out. Can you please send someone out just to explain things to us. Also the key lock just spins around and there is no wording "ON" or "OFF"; we are just guessing."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I needed a longer cable than standard and this wasn't delivered so I have a charge point I can't use. I now need to arrange another day to be at home so the cable can be fitted"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Despite sending numerous photos (as requested) the first electrician to turn up could not install because we had not been advised the cable needed to be dug down into a trench. The second electrician showed me his iPad where he was supposed to have received the photos we had sent through. He had none, so effectively turned up 'blind' to the install. It would surely be better to have a surveying team who visit the houses first to let customers know what needs to be doing so when the electricians arrive they can just get on with their job?"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Arrived 20 minutes late. Assessed the job well, then went to buy trunking. I told your agent over the phone that trunking was needed. Why did he not turn up with it? It took 5.5 hours in the end. The installer worked very hard to be fair, but that's certainly not 2 hours quoted by the agent. The quality of the electrical work looks OK but I'll only know once I get my car on Monday. The trunking has breaks in it, and where the cable turns there is no trunking. Poor quality installation. Finally whilst the rubbish was taken away no hoovering of wall dust was completed."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"After the initial quote it was a very hard and slow process to get people responding to me. It definitely was not an easy service which sometimes was let down by people not doing their jobs."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The customer service offered was terrible; my account was transferred from person to person at POD Point and I kept receiving emails from different people - but all asking me to do the same thing. I also felt there was a real lack of information about the process for installation; it was never clear what paperwork was going to be needed when, or how long the process was going to take. Finally, we had specified that we needed the charge point installed at a certain time of day as we are constrained due to business activities on site. The first engineer turned up an hour late, and then was extremely rude when asked to leave without completing the job. The fact that he turned up late also meant I couldn't get the charge point installed for another week, which meant I had to go back to my dealer garage in order to charge my car."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The first technician arrived without proper briefing or the necessary equipment (or even a reasonaably stocked van). A second visit was arranged for nearly two weeks later and the second technician was efficient, polite, had all the necessary equipment and completed the job without difficulty."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Everything was fine until a few days after the insatllation when Western Power Distribution got in touch to say that the Pod Point should not have been connected as the supply cable was looped. I was told not to use the charger until they have replaced the cable under the road. They said that the installers should have know about this. This is very inconvenient."
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.79 based on 7,395 reviews