Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
Did not attend to complete home survey, as a result when the engineer arrived to install, found out it could not be installed due to shared driveway. Very limited support or advice from Pod Point.

On the day of installation, engineer found issue with earth/bonding. As advised by Pod Point, had the survey been completed or the original engineer looked, this would have been identified at that point.

Frustrating experience. Only used Pod Point as my leasing company tied into them, otherwise I would have used one of the other registered installers.

Engineer on day of install was a credit.
The man that came out to do the installation was not ever so pleased with the job and this was in turn relayed to my wife (i was at work) who was there with him when he carried the work out. At one point he said that he never had all the equipment to finish the job and intimated that my wife should contact our own electrician who could come and finish it up. On conclusion of the job he said that we would incur an extra cost of £40 as it was not a straight forward installation. This was despite us having filled in the online installation form and having sent photos too. When I came home from work I had to do his tidying up. Also there are some superficial scratches on the top of the pod itself. We have not taken delivery of the car as yet so presumably the pod will work as it should.
Overall not a very good experience, apart from the actual installation, the engineer was superb, telephone call to day he was on his way, and arrived when he said he would, and an excellent job
Very happy with the charger itself and the customer service from PodPoint office staff. We were not as impressed by the general attitude of our installers on the day. Despite submitting all of the requested information beforehand, we were told on the day our earth wasn't suitable. We arranged for our local electrician to come round within ten minutes to earth our water/gas supplies, but the PodPoint engineers were reluctant to wait an extra 10 mins to complete our install. We felt they were quite rude to our local electrician who had gone out of his way to attend at very short notice. In the end we had to schedule another appointment the following week to complete the install...
Turned up on time. The outside cabling and PodPoint itself is neat and tidy.

The inside not so much. Despite me asking to drill from inside out as to get a neat installation he drilled from outside in straight into my coving!

A black box was installed on interior wasll. The box is ugly and not in keeping with the room.

Surely the box is weather proof so why does it have to go on the inside???
Hi disappointed with the customer service i.e time to reply to emails different person every time pretty sketchy with the information I requested.
I am so disappointed. The installer was required to install additional electrical unit as it wouldn't fit in the our electrical box outside the house. The unit is large and ugly and I would've liked the opportunity to request that it was installed further along with the pod point out of view. I now have a huge pod point and electrical unit outside my front door and I am going to pay to get them moved. The installer did not clean up afterwards and left a pile of brick dust on the ground and along the window sill. Poor service all in all. The installer was polite and that should be noted but service offered/advice on impact of installation location should have been provided as part of customer care and mutual respect.
Rubbish. Had to wait 2 months after placing the order for the installation so couldn't charge my car properly. Had to do my own survey and send photos of everything. Had to get the electric company to upgrade the fuses in my supply.
Poor customer service including long wait times to speak to anyone and no call-backs when requested.
Took 7 weeks after recieving my all electric car for Pod point to fit my homecharging point even though i enquired about it weeks before recieving my car.
The company were very slow to respond to my initial emails. Theyd reply saying i should hear from the company in 10 days etc which never happened. Had to do alot of the chasing up myself
Even allowing for the delay caused by coronavirus, the organisation of the installation was chaotic. Pod point outsourced the installation to a third party and did not explain this. Our installation required groundwork which had been surveyed and the work paid for to pod point. Unfortunately the installation company did not seem aware of this. On the first date the installation was cancelled on the day. On the second date no one turned up and it took until 5pm to get to speak to someone who would take action. Promised call backs did not happen.
I should also say that I felt pressurised to accept pod point's groundwork team. The alternative was to have a path lifted and trench dug. This would have to be left open so that the installer could inspect the work, and then filled in afterwards. For doing this themselves they charged £800 for a job which took 2 hours. In the event had I done it myself I would have had the path lifted for over six months due to lockdown.
The groundwork and installation was eventually done cleanly and efficiently with the exception that a sensor had been installed incorrectly and the charger would not work. On the plus side Pod Point's recording of photographs of the key stages of installation, and their ability to monitor the unit remotely, meant that we got it sorted with a telephone call, and me reinstalling the sensor under their direction.
The unit looks smart and in the 48 hours since installation it has functioned well.
Could be more friendly
I have had two separate installation dates for the same charge point. The first engineer was awful , refusing to do the job because he had only been booked for half a day., realising it may take a full day to complete the work .The Second installation was completed Satisfactorily by lunch time .
Whilst the process started okay, once it had been passed to your subcontractors, Energise Energy, it went seriously downhill.

Essentially I was expected to do the site survey for Energise Energy. Their application for installation form does not explain clearly what was required or what I would be required to do. So, as requested on Question One of their form I had to go and take a photo, upload it to my PC, then upload it onto the form, then move to the next question (which is on a new page), which required another photo which I had to upload to my PC, then upload onto the form, then the next question (on a new page), another photo and so on. This took quite a while and I was up and down like a jack-in-the-box! I eventually submitted the form but then I was subsequently informed by email that because I couldn't find the bonding to the water supply to take a photo, they may just install the Pod but not commission it until I could prove the water supply was bonded.

I was astonished to find that when the actual installer arrived he was required to take the same photos I had already supplied all over again because he was required to take them himself. (At least he had the correct equipment to prove the water supply was bonded). The installer was very good and a clean and efficient worker.

I am very upset and annoyed that, not being in the best of health, I had to do the site survey myself and crawl about on the floor, with great difficulty, to take photos which were unnecessary.

I have warned the Peugeot Dealership, who are also concerned about my experience, that they should advise their future electric vehicle customers, particularly the elderly and infirm, that if they are dealing with Pod Point, they will be required to go through quite a few hoops, and potentially some crawling on the ground, before they'll even be given an installation date from the subcontractor Energise Energy.

I would have only given you 1 Star but the chap who actually did the installation was good enough to drag you up to 2 Stars.

Kind regards

Ashley Mounsey
2 Clover Lea
GU7 3QQ
Well. the installation was OK but a subsequent simple question to Pod Point has produced only Automated responses. I've been waiting for over three weeks to get the answer promised 'soon'.
Booked a Pod Point installation and found that money was taken immediately but then had to wait for installation slot. Only reason that i got a slot was me continuing to chase the company and threatening to cancel the order. Third Party Company that installed the Pod Point were very good and made an excellent job, cleaning up after themselves as well. Pod Point main customer service could do with some additional training.
Customer service was very slow, nearly 3 months from paying to installation. First technician gave bad advice about routing and installation which meant that I had to pay £95 extra unnecessarily which I hope will now be refunded.
We are told we have no WiFi / Broadband cover at the installation point.

Should we have not covered this in the prep work ?
form filling and booking process poor
installer was great on time efficient and polite cant ask more from him
Installer was great but there is a fault with the unit and pod point are difficult to get hold of to get it fixed
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 18,771 reviews