Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Ian Anderson
Brian Armstrong
Brian Armstrong
Stephen Hanover
The reason I gave 2 stars ,is that I had to chase a scheduling appointment, I had to resend a video of cable routing, emails not answered , phone calls made to see what was happening, scheduling became a bit of a nightmare .
I paid on the 24/11/2020 and had the charger installed on the 24/2/2021.
I had to chase up to check installation was still happening, no phone calls prior to arrival on day as promised. During install seals on main incoming fuse have been broken, which I'm told is not permitted. No test certificate issued for installation. I had to reset up WiFi, which is quite complicated as was not asked whether I had a dual band router, which the Pod Point did not work with.
The actually installation when it happened was fine. Your first booked date was cancelled by you for staff sickness which I accept is inevitable at present The second appointment , some weeks later, was confirmed as to date and time by yourselves by email as between 8am and 11am and I confirmed these times. You acknowledged my reply. The only problem was you told your fitter different times so he rang us during the morning of the day to say he'd be there during the afternoon. We had to hurriedly re-arrange what we had planned with a friend in the afternoon which was inconvenient. So; actual fitting five stars, administration one star
The fitter was very fast, pleasant and did a great job. However the experience was damaged as the fitter didn't arrive until 4:45pm due to the morning job taking an excessive amount of extra time, that resulted in me wasting an hour on the phone to pod point, where the operators were pleasant but unable to give a clear explanation in regard to timings for my delayed fitting.
I'm not impressed about electrician work. He didn't have any covers for the floors, walked around my house in the wet boots, he got the wall dirty and damaged the floor, I understand that things like this could happen, but he said he didn't do it. He had to came back the day after, because he left the device hanging from the pod point and he also cleaned the wall that day.
The electric meter was left with the all zeros numbers flashing, he assured me that someone will contact me regarding this soon, but over two weeks after installation nothing happened, the meter is still flashing.
All the cables around the electric meter don't look very tidy.
Poor administration untidy installation left a mess and I can no longer shut my gate
Good afternoon - From the external wall to the charging point the cable is running right across my front door step - i wanted this to go up and over my porch way - If you can please contact me regarding this issue
The correspondence with the team was fantastic i cannot fault the email trail and keeping us updated.
Our first appointment was cancelled on the day of the installation due to the engineer having an emergency, but no replacement engineer was sent. Another appointment was scheduled for 7-10 days later!
The actual installation was very time consuming (a whole day) and created an awful amount of mess, and the end result was the pod point was not installed as the engineer had damaged the front plate of our smart meter. We therefore had to arrange for a new installation of a smart meter and then reorganisation of the pod point engineer coming back.
Engineer was on time and tidied up after himself. Unfortunately- the charger and plug holder are both fitted squint and there is a strange hole on the wall - which has never been there. Our house is only 1yr old and this has never been there. I spotted it straight away and he acted like it has always been there. Once water gets in, it will cause damage once it freezes. This will need fixed.
See images.
David
The work was carried out quickly. There are some points to note however:
1) The high current wire is exposed in the hall - this is not safe
2) The high current wire is not fixed in the meter cupboard - again not safe
3) the installer drilled two holes in the wall attempting to fix the charging cable
holder in a ridiculous position (underneath the unit) before moving it to a
sensible position. Holes have not been filled in.
4) hole in the stairs where the cable exixts is gaping and not sealed.
No clear instructions given. Helpline not answering calls despite waiting for more than 30 minutes.
Difficult to say at the moment as it doesn’t work. I have spoken to their chat line and they agave promised to get back to me soon although that was a while ago now.
Cannot fault the installer. Polite, timely and clean. However, I have been waiting far too long to have this installed - over 8 months I think. I know we’re in the midst of a pandemic, but for 2.5 months I’ve had my car, I’ve not been able to charge it at home. Just relieved it’s finally installed and working.
The installation was great but the aftercare rubbish as we can’t add the home point to our existing pod point app and having sent several requests no one is responding, not happy at all
Had a jobsworth installer. I had to try to convince him to fit the device. He was worried he may fall over. He had no mask on.
no contact was done
Just 30 mins before
No correct guidance
As we went through the process, I was given a date for the installation. On the day, the installer came; seemed busy; mention the work would need more time; mention it would not cost more and left. A couple of days later, I received an email with an additional £155 to pay for the additional time required. The installation itself was Ok and the installer was nice and friendly. The experience was less than adequate and pod point should revisit how they value installation costs.
I initially completed the paperwork then heard nothing. When I called a few weeks later I was told there was an error on my form and given instructions to rectify the problem. Whilst this was helpful it would have been preferable to have been notified of the error earlier rather than waiting until I contacted the team. The initial installation was cancelled on the day due to poor weather and the next date I was offered was 8 days later. The person I spoke to in order to rebook the appointment was extremely unhelpful and refused to offer me an earlier date despite the fact I am a key worker and your website states key workers will be given priority. The actual installation was performed efficiently and the pod is working well. I paid £40 for a locking cover and have been supplied with a key which doesn't appear to do anything and no instructions. Overall this was a disappointing service so I won't be using pod point in the future and will advise others of my poor experience.
Very stressful filling out all the various forms, difficult to get the support when required. Not an easy purchase.
Installer ensured the installation was smooth and straight forward
Slow response times to emails (over 24 hours). Too many emails asking for technical information (given I'm not an electrician). Called up to speak to people emailing me and they weren't there and didn't get a call back.

I've had the car three weeks and only today had my power installed, I've had to use public charge points since I got my car. Took lots of photos around my house as per the application and was told by the installer that he's not seen them so where did they go?

If my organisation didn't use you I wouldn't have chosen you and unlikely to recommend in future.

Only positive was Cameron who installed it who was friendly and helpful.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 22,438 reviews