Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Pod Point Limited 5 star review on 6th February 2020
James Gibbons
Pod Point Limited 4 star review on 4th February 2020
Peter Cox
More Photos & Videos
The actual installation was good but I am disappointed with the Pod Point device itself.
I ordered a 7M cable but the Pod Point reel is not large enough to satisfactorily accommodate 7 metres of cable.
The lock is located on the winding spindle and can therefore only be after unwinding all of the cable
The connector does not lock into my Outlander charging point when I lock the car after connecting. I don't know why I could not have been offered the choice of connector even if I had to supply it myself and pay extra for the modification to be done.
It continuously blinks green when it should be showing a blue light for "on standby"

None of these things are show stoppers but they are annoying and disappointing and, in my opinion, reflect a poor design.
The communication from Podpoint was incredibly poor. Lack of response to emails and long waiting time on phone. This was not a Covid 19 issue.

The man who installed the unit was excellent, polite, efficient and friendly
After attempting to charge a Nissan leaf 40kw it has been charging for 7 hours and only increased by 30% which seems significantly slower than expected for a 7kw charge unit. I am interested to learn if this is expected or any issues occurred during the installation?
Once an agreed date had been finalised for installation this was kept to. Unfortunately the pod installed had the feel of a second hand unit as the connector had no rubber end cap and looked a little weathered and the cable also had a used look about it. The holster was fitted upside down which I had to correct myself. The car is charging however. The paperwork was cumbersome too.
Expected a few fixings on the cable where it ran through roof trusses. Didn’t expect to have to cut the corner of one of my shelves out so the cable would lay correctly without bending existing trunking. Of course I never noticed any of this until after the electrician had left
You sold us a 22kW pod which the installer said was unsuitable, even though we had a triple phase supply because we had high use elsewhere. This could have been discussed when we filled in the survey, as I am sure we noted we had a ground source heat pump etc. The installer fitted a 7kW charger and was great.
It was said that there would be a survey done of where the pod point was going to be fitted.There was no survey apart from the photos that I sent.I didnt know whether the pod point was going to be wired up from my consumer unit in the house ,from the small consumer unit in my garage or from the meter itself.I had it fitted inside my garage which had cable only sufficient for a 3 kw charger but if it had been wired from my meter I could have had a 7 kw charger fitted but this would have meant going underneath my path.If it had been explained earlier where the power was going to be taken from I could have taken the paving up to allow the pod point to be wired up from my meter to the charger but it was too late when they arrived ready to fit the pod point.For me to change it now would mean I would have to pay for an electrician to alter it.
Installation electrictcian was great. The booking process and sheduling was truly awful
Unfortunately my install wasn't standard so required a lot of photos and expense in trenching a garden as PP wont clip to fences or retaining slabs despite them being concreted in, and the fitter stating he would be happy to clip it.. I then had to buy my own cable ducting as PP don't use armoured cable. All in all £600 extra in labour and ducting due to PP's internal policies and the fact that they do not do actual physical site surveys which even the fitter said would make life much easier on non standard installs. I would have happily paid for a survey that could have potentially reduced y overall costs. Fitting team was vey helpful and did a great job but the PP policies would probably make me go elsewhere if I needed another charger.
Ok, I did not receive a call saying when he was coming. I asked he tell me when he was turning off power as i was on an important Teams call, he did not and i got booted off. I asked if he was going to tidy up the mess and he said "thought you would do that" He then asked for a brush and i told him I would do it. When I pulled the tethered cable out to chase i noticed the unit was covered in brick dust. He obviously fitted the bracket for the holder after the main unit and all the dust just fell over the unit. i had to pick up screws brick plaster and dust and hoover, really untidy get the job done and get away attitude. No professional look very untidy in appearance. I do not think the cabling is neat it is not straight, bit of an eye sore in my opinion. Happy to send pictures. When I asked him not to switch powder of as i said i had a very important call he said " this is important to me" I said i have had the call scheduled for weeks he said " this has been scheduled for weeks and all he was concerned with" Not very pleasant at all
the install itself was fine. But settting the whole thing up was not exactly clear and straight forward. Quite a labroius application process that is not easy to follow. I am educated and capable, I think many would struggle with the process. other issue is I have had to wait 3 months for install - long lead time, followed by a canceled install (on the day) followed by COVID (which of course is no ones fault). But you have had my money for all of this time.
From time of booking to installation took nearly three months and three attempts. Initial information requested about the installation site was not communicated to the first installer, and there was also poor communication about installation date when this was affected by the Covid-19 lockdown.

In the end, third time lucky, the installer was brilliant and did a really thoughtful and efficient job. But it took a long time to get here.
When he arrived very polite etc - but would have been good to have had a call / text with an ETA as promised
Very dissapointed that the LOCK system I had paid extra for was not fitted - the fitter didnt have any on his van ?
please sort this out asap
The installation went very well but the whole documentation and ordering process has been like pulling teeth. I am still waiting for an official receipted invoice and the installation certificate which I was told would be sent by e-mail. I need these to claim the Scottish grant. I appreciate that Corona is slowing things down but most of my frustrations over communication happened before Corona. I even enquired more than twice about using you for a corporate installation and no one even responded to my request so we went elsewhere.
Booking arrangements poor - gave many dates when available but booked into a day when working - had to email to change. First appointment then cancelled day before as part not available. First engineer who showed up on 2 March gave no guidance about where to run the wire - said this should have been decided already and he was just there to lay wire. This is contrary to what Pod Point had said. Left the electrics cupboard in a state and not closing due to awful installation. Also took some of wall out to lay cable and left in a total state. Engineer discovered an earth issue requiring Scottish Power to come and sort out. Second engineer who came on 13 March very helpful - had to rewire cupboard which took several hours - offered to redo entire cable placement due to poor initial installation. Very engaged and helpful - very critical of initial installation which in our opinion was pretty atrocious.
Happy with fitting very happy with equipment
The fitting was first rate
Responses online were late and I had to keep ringing and asking for appointment to get charger fitted
Then you cancel last minute without another appointment offered
So started same process with two to three calls I make per day to get a date.
The installer located the pod point to far away, I now have to park almost on the wall of the house to connect it in. This I can only assume was done to make his life easier. There is plenty of room on the side wall of the house to have installed it closer to the car. These installers do this day in day out and should be aware of where the charge points are on different models and ensure sufficient length to reach the car. Unfortunately I was not present on the day of the install.
No Covid19 recognition as per email and my shelf ripped off the wall and not told until i came to put my stuff back on it. Now cant use it as need to go out and get stuff and social isolation
It has not been a pleasant experience to date. The installation is not complete so I cannot comment in full at present. I am awaiting the electrical board supplier visit to correct the earth connection into the house. I do not know what number to call etc so will leave until after the current lock down has ceased.
I paid for my Pod Point on 23/02 but did not receive an instal date until Fri 27 Mar (for Mon 30 Mar). The installer did not complete the install and did not provide sufficient contact details for me to get in touch with the electrical supplier. I am still awaiting a response from the Pod Point team to pursue this.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 13,427 reviews