Pod Point Limited Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy

Over a week
Nick Skew
"The commutation prior to the installation was excellent. The engineers who attended were good at communicating their eta and were polite and courteous. The installation is excellent and I’m really pleased. My only thought is that I might have chosen the wrong model, I chose the universal whereas maybe I should have chosen one with a lead so I didn’t have to use the one out of the car."
Christopher Dixon
"Quickly done and a very neat installation."
"Easy to deal with, efficient & professional."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"After a three week wait you cancelled the appointment as a fitter was ill. You had also charged £90 extra claiming it took a ‘long time’ to drill through walls and I would need an extra length of cable. As you were charging £65 to drill through essentially one wall I drilled it myself it took 12 seconds! If you include fetching the drill from the shed and putting in the plug. 2 minutes! On contacting podpoint I talked to Callum who informed me that the standard length of cable was 15 metres which is far more than necessary. I recall telling you the length of cable would be between 5 and 8 metres. As I had made lots of arrangements to allow the engineer access to the route including moving very heavy furniture I was very upset and disappointed as well as annoyed that one illness could cause a further weeks delay. Callum understood this and in fairness to him managed to rearrange a fitter to come on the original appointed day. He also agreed the extra charge was wrongly applied and has agree to refund the £90. The fitter was very efficient, quick, and very thorough as well as very clean and tidy. The work is neat and unobtrusive. He explained the system very clearly. At present we are unable to connect the system to the app which is disappointing."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"1. Installation not completed properly. 2. Unit didn't work initially which the installation technician didn't pick up on and had to be adjusted over the internet a few days later. 3. Screw missing on the front cover compromising the IP54 rating."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Took over a week to get installation agree installation sub contractor was excellent took over a week and several calls to get the charger assigned to my account"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Late getting installation date, late turning up to install and wi fi link isn't working."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Although the installer was really nice and very friendly, Unfortunately my pod point is still not working despite having it installed last week. It has taken a long time to get through to the helpline who gave me some things to do however still not working. I have tried calling again but such a long wait on the helpline so I have emailed, but not received any response."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I wanted the charger installed on our double garage but was only advised on day of installation that the garage would need rewiring to support a 7KW charger. So i had to have it installed on the house instead. An advanced survey should be provided by Pod-Point as part of their service so I could have obtained quotes to reword the garage. Though the electrician was very good and did a good job of install in the alternative position"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installer couldn’t complete on first visit because he didn’t have any conduit(!) I then had to chase and chase to get a second visit, when this was eventually booked (after 4-5 lengthy phone calls over a two week period) the day day arrives but the installer doesn’t - he fell off a ladder on a previous job. Cue panic as car was being delivered in four days time. Spoke with customer services again and got an installation booked for the following day. The next day I get a phone call saying that my installer was off sick and wouldn’t be able to do the job. Result of which was an(other) complaint to customer services. However, Stuart. Campbell in operations was able to arrange an engineer to get to me that afternoon, he arrived on time and finished the job perfectly - so a happy ending in the end but a rocky journey to get there - be warned!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"pre installation was a total shambles and the poor guy who arrived had no information from the site survey done back in July To complete the installation I supplied a fused breaker otherwise the fitter would have had a 2 hour return trip to a wholesaler"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The fitting of the actual podpoint was good, although the engineer arrived later than agreed time. The frustration was that I ordered the charger over the phone, and the next day received an email offering a home charger at a lower price than I paid. Emailed podpoint, but still waiting on an answer?"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"On placing my order I was of the impression it would take a couple of weeks to have this fitted; it took nearly two months. Asked questions about the install location by email but never received a reply, so had to make decisions on the day when engineer arrived."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"1. I was told i would be given a date for the install within 3-5 days. This did not happen and i had to chase it up. 2. Whilst the install was done efficiently and well the unit could not be activated becasue the RCD on the circuit to which it was attached was not a 'type A'. I had already had my electrician out to do some work ahead of the install. If i had known ahead of time this was a requirement i could have got him to address it at the same time. As it was i had to get him back which involved more expense and delay. I do not know why the reqt for a type A RCD is not flagged up front in the process, not after the install."
"I ordered my Pod-Point online, as I knew what I wanted, and the price was reasonable. I was emailed a booking date, which wasn't convenient for me, so this was changed without issue. However the new date the time changed from what I had book - a morning appointment - to a lunchtime slot, then the installation team were late too (though they did call to advise me of their lateness. The charging point was installed where I wanted it, but the installation wasn't very tidy. They broke a brick on my house and didn't inform me, and left all of the drilling dust on the driveway, as well as covering everything in my garage (where the cables were laid). They made no attempt to cover anything up or shield it from the dust. They connected the Pod Point to my internet, but left it for me to log a call with Pod Point Support as the charger wouldn't connect to the App on my phone. Just gave me a leaflet and said "it's all in there". Overall they were quick in installing the charger, but seemed a bit too much in a hurry to get away."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Ordering on the website was very good. But when I received an email providing my installation date I found I couldn’t communicate with the installation department to change the date! I sent about 6 emails and tried ringing the department but could not get through. I did get through to another department and they said they would get the installation team to ring me... but I still heard nothing!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Incessant requests for photos of install points, some sent 3 times - but none of the info made it to the poor installer who eventually concluded on-site - "oh you want the 3.6kW setting", we can't do 7 and your car won't work with it anyway...". Yes that's what I ordered!!! Then installer left garage power turned off, two days later found freezer contents all defrosted and ruined. Pod point then completely ignored my feedback, not even an acknowledgement. The charger works fine, but "nil points" for customer service. So disappointed. Find another company to work with."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"It hadn’t been correctly explained what I had to supply and the installer didn’t have the right charger to install."
"My appt was meant to be between 9-12 so I booked the morning off work. I received no communication to say the engineer was going to be late. I phoned 02038179588 the number off the website at 11:40 and 12:10. Phone not answered just a message to say voicemail was full? Managed to find an alternative number 02072474114 and got through to somebody at 12:12. After waiting 9 mins I was told an engineer would call me and be with me by 1:30 I received no explanation or apology. I received a text from the engineer at 12:40 saying he would be with me at 2:30, he arrived at 3:05. Once he was here he was fine and did a good job however I’m unhappy that I had to wait around all day with no updates until I chased and in the end did not make it into work."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Before I start...the engineer was a very nice and friendly guy. It's important to point that out!! We had the pod point installed on Friday afternoon and I'd describe this installation as extremely straight forwards. I had a friend have an almost identical installation the week before. Mine did't turn out quite the same. Having researched charging points I had viewed the Pod-Point website pictures and seen others people had installed and was happy how aesthetically pleasing the pod was. With no wires showing it looked clean and straight cut. I nipped home to view the install to find mine had lots of black trunking running down my wall, drill holes in my gate post and wires and trunking running along half the length of my house to the electricity meter. I asked why he hadn't just gone in through the wall behind (into the garage) the back out beside the meter box to avoid the unsightly trunking being visible. I was told although that was a better option it was too late as he'd drilled the pod and was well on with the job now. I took it on the chin and although disappointed left. So my wife has now bought a large planter to try and disguise this is a bit. That evening we tried to use the pod-point to charge our new E.V. which so far was low on charge as we had it delivered a few days before.... we could only achieve 1.3kw of charge from our 7kw charger. A charge time of over 36 hours was quoted so I had to abandon plans for the next day. I rang pod-point and was told to reset (switch on and off) the pod and that should cure the issue. Unfortunately it didn't. I rang pod-point 3 further times over the weekend and assured of a call back from the "emergency Team" and guess what I didn't get one phone call at all. 4 Phone calls and no real help given. I was forced to drive to the local motorway services on no charge to get some "juice" I made it luckily!!! This was marginally stressful and costed double what it would have done at home. On Monday over 48hrs since my first cal to pod-point I rang again and they were able to rectify the issue remotely. I'm now able to charge at 6.3kw from my 7kw charger. It's clear the system wasn't tested before the engineer left our premises. If you get an issue at weekend the company is clearly unable to deal with it. I'm not usually a complainer but there has been a catalogue of poor service here so far."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Process was drawn out, time consuming, required submission of multiple pieces of information not all asked for upfront, and finally install was postponed on the day with no warning, and 2 weeks needed for rebooking. I’d like to make clear that the installer was helpful, friendly, did an excellent and tidy job with no fuss. His part in the process was great!"
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"Turned up an hour and a half after the time window I was given. Didn't call to say he was going to be late until 35 mins after the latest he should have been there. Didn't seem very competent or knowledgeable once on site. Basically just took the same photos I had already provided and left."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Worked OK when engineer left, but would not connect to the app, and went into "waiting to charge mode" called and told to reset by pressing the Trip button on consumer unit, the trip switch will now not switch on - result no charger. Apparently an Engineer will be notified or something, no call ba ck to say what is going on or when this will be. What are you spending my money and the Nissan and Government contributions on. You have them all now presumably and I have no working charger."
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.73 based on 9,648 reviews