Pod Point Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited
Over a week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
3. How was the installation on the day?
Installer did not fit the cable the route I proposed, but instead did a long winded way with lots of trunking around skirtings and door frame. In addition he made a hole approx 2inches wide in the hallway and damaged new skirting but hid it after realising he did not need it. I only found out after he left when I went to move things around to clean up. Completely dishonest and unacceptable. I left a complaint with pod point over the phone and was never given the promised call back or email. More importantly, I never received any building regulations electrical certificate!
3. How was the installation on the day?
Whilst the installation planning etc went well and the installer good I have two observations, 1) After Rob left site I noticed the CT Coil locking clip is inadequate to keep the coil closed over the power cable it is monitoring. I have fixed this using a long Tie Wrap. My understanding is this will monitor the maximum power and prevent overload, without a good secure clamp the monitoring could be ineffective and cause over heating of the house supply power cable. 2) Whilst I appreciate drilling a neat hole in the house front brickwork is not easy it would a much tidier job if brown sealant were used or better still fitting a low cost plastic burst wall cover plate that matches the colour of the brick.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The installation was great, Jonny from Swaffham let me know when he was arriving and fitted the home charger with no fuss at all. The bad bit was after paying online it took four weeks to be informed that the Nissan offer was for 3 months only, though the website did not warn of this. Then after paying the extra, I was informed that the installation team would contact me within 5 to 7 days. After a week I called and was again told the team would be in touch. After another week I was told the same then after another week I was told there had to be 2 electricians and one was sick. But only one was needed. Original order was 4 November, installation was 14 January. I nearly cancelled the order to go elsewhere, but I had so many problems with family matters that I did not have the time.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The installation is a mess, I have not had any safety certification and the unit did not work once installed
3. How was the installation on the day?
Left a cover of a junction box loose and stuck on with electrical tape. Not safe nor satisfactory
3. How was the installation on the day?
Quality of the work was below standard. Cable wall fixings have fallen off the wall and the engineer drill holes for the cable in the wrong place twice and didn’t advise us. In addition the pod is not positioned centrally on the wall pillar.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The fitter hit a water pipe. This resulted in my home having no water. This took several days to fix. The wiring of the unit into my fuse board necessitated a second smaller fusebox to be fitted. This wasn't made clear to me before the fitter arrived, no option to instead 'upgrade' to a larger fuseboard was suggested. The resulting cabling is therefore unpleasant, and visible as the fusebox is in my downstairs cloakroom. Despite reporting the installation problems via your contact pages I've heard no personalized response from PodPoint. The installation is sub-contracted, which seems to be limiting accountability.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Long delay for fitting, poor response to emails, no confirmation of fitting time
3. How was the installation on the day?
Not happy with the location. Was told they cant put anywhere else. Not yet received email about how to setup on my phone app. I paid in November it took 2 months to get it fitted.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Disappointed: 1. As promised should have had a call confirming date of installation within 3-5 days but had to repeatedly chase for a date 2. Installer keen to getaway and did not test pod using car leads, when I charged car afterwards it didn’t work, had to call support who said pod connection is faulty And will take 3-4 days for someone to come out to fix, what’s the point of having it installed and it doesn’t work ? 3. Installer did not explain anything after installation except refer me to a page on the booklet, when you webpage states that installer will go through this incl app downloads etc 4. Installer ok but some areas more interested in doing it his way
3. How was the installation on the day?
Took around 4 months from initial contact to installation (can’t recall exact dates). Lack of responsiveness from sales and other staff, I had to do all the chasing (several times). It was almost as if you were not interested in a sale. I was told that the installation was non standard as I needed more than 15 metres of cable, I was asked to estimate how much. I measured approx 25 metres. Someone should have been sent to do a survey - this should always happen for non-standard installations. Finally when the installer arrived (Mark), he told me that the office admin team had underestimated the time required for the job, so he may not be able to complete it as he had a second job on that day. I spoke to Freddie in the office and he informed me that the actual cable length was 31 metres so I had to pay a further £95 before we could proceed. I had little choice and had to pay the difference. The installation ended up costing me around £500 - almost double what I had originally thought. Not pleased. Eventually after some persuasion on my part, the installation was completed on the day - Mark was excellent, really polite and a competent installer. Thanks to him. However, overall my experience was very poor. I work for Jaguar Land Rover and I know many of my colleagues will be looking to install wall boxes in future. I will of course tell them of my experience and inform them if they wish to go with PodPoint, they should be prepared for delays and recognise that it won’t be a very smooth process - I would advise them to consider alternatives or if they prefer to go with PodPoint, then start the process (very) early. I hope you take the feedback in the way it is intended. I want to ensure that you modify your approach so that future customers do not have to suffer in the way I did.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The charger doesn't fit the car
3. How was the installation on the day?
Fitter / Engineer (Ian) was excellent, my App doesn't match to the exclusive number on the Pod Point and I have reached out for support. It took 6 weeks to install which is not acceptable when I was told 7 - 10 Days.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Cost £165 extra for extra electric cable and hours work still managed to complete job quicker than normal ? Not value for money
3. How was the installation on the day?
Poor Communication from the company, no telephone call backs as promised. On occasion no return emails. Took 8 calls to arrange installation. Had to consistently chase to complete purchase.
3. How was the installation on the day?
It doesn't work and nobody has replied to tell me when it will be resolved
3. How was the installation on the day?
The first engineer called in sick and I got a call ten minutes before they were due to tell me they weren't coming, after I'd arranged my working day around it. The next appointment they could offer was 9am, 10 days later. The engineer didn't turn up till 11.15am, after he was supposed to have finished, and then took nearly 4 hours to finish the job, which scuppered my plans for the day. In his defence, he was friendly and professional and seems to have done a good job.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Well, I called at the time of installation & talked to Ben, when I placed the order I missed the lock & sent a following email within 5 min (which it seems you have a note of but took no action? I also informed you that the 6mm armoured cable was supplied by me (15M) as I have an electrician working on site and it suited me so all the inlets to the hose were made together. On the paperwork I was still billed for 15m, Ben offered a logical solution: credit the cable re-invoice the lock - this was not possible, he asked for this to be authorized - this was deigned, also I was not granted access to the person who could make this decision, so now I've over paid for the cable and I have no lock. Please resolve this. The installation is only Ok, this could also not be resolved with the fitter.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Uploading pictures are the initial form was not eay….it took 4 attempts. I requested help but never got an answer. When the fitter came to install the pod, my details had not been forwarded so he had the wrong material and insufficient materials so went away. I was then advised of an increase in cost. I called pod point another 4 times with no response. I then did get a response eventually about a month later. This could have taken a day to sort out.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Really lovely and helpful engineers (David first two visits and Craig for the third visit) but unfortunately the first two charging units were faulty. Third time lucky! Hopefully there will be no problems going forward.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 10,894 reviews