Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Ian Anderson
Brian Armstrong
Brian Armstrong
Stephen Hanover
It's a premium service as one pays £530 for a 7kW charger (£880 is allegedly the list price, but the government grant of £350 reduces the cost). Bear in mind you can purchase a 7kW charger for £300 - £400 and pay for an electrician to perform the installation and the net cost to you would be similar.
So, as a premium service, you'd expect an excellent experience. I think Pod Point are struggling to cope with a rapidly rising demand because, having taken my money and completed the documentation required to enable them to secure the government grant, the automated process seemed to lose interest.
I chased by phone and from there the service picked up again - the installation occurring rapidly and to a good quality. The charger itself had some teething troubles which have allegedly been fixed by a software upgrade delivered automatically. We shall see!
Overall, a good service and similar in price to forgetting the government grant and just getting a qualified electrician to install a 7kW charger.
Appointment booking at first was easy and fitted to my needs, then the date was brought forward by two days giving at that point only 2 days notice. The fitter took a lot longer than expected (5 hours) and had to go out for parts during the job. He explained things well and appeared knowledgeable in the device.
Only provides 3.7KW. Have told Pod Point but have heard nothing.
First engineer did a poor job. Work was very well corrected by the second engineer. Total installation took three visits and around 9 hours in total
The customer service was pretty poor but the installation was excellent. Getting hold of people was very difficult. Don't bother emailing them, you won't ever get a reply. I asked a question on the phone about the unit that turned out was incorrect and I only discovered that after installation, by which point it was too late. That's probably why they don't email so there's no evidence of them giving you poor info. The product is great though and as I said, I can't fault the installer. He was excellent.
The Pod Point team were really helpful in dealing with OLEV and EST paperwork. The only negative is the installer badly damaged the wall when doing the installation
Engineer scuffed the unit during the installation by dragging the main unit and tethered lead along the floor, making noticeable scratches to the charging connector.

Tethered lead holder was drilled into stonework around the front door, I would not have put the holder on the stonework had I been given a choice.

The engineer also blew a brick when drilling through to the garage.
Took very long (almost four months), four visits from various people and lots of emails. Sarah Cottam, the project manager, tried her best and was very friendly all the way through. But the experience in general was complicated, details for the installation were misjudged and it took far too long!
Installed a wire incorrectly, charging cable base upside down. No face masks worn and left wire cuttings in kids playroom. Gentleman who came to review work, cannot fault. Professional, covid compliant and put right faulty work.
The process before instillation was very laborious, time consuming and at times frustrating. I found i had to take it upon myself to chase and get to a resolution. The actual fitting of the POD, however, was very smooth and efficient
Installation was good. Trying to get it was a different story and the aftercare nonexistent
Pod point were good to accept all the images I have sent to them, analyse them quickly and gave me the installation date within few days of the payment. However problem has started when my installer, Jordan told us that we have a very high ZE ( current resistance) and he can't connect the charger. He told us to contact Southern Electric distribution network which I did. SSE engineer were quick to respond and came same evening , however , their engineer said that the clamp on my inlet cable needs to be replaced but as this is not applied by SSE, I have to ask a private electrician. I tried to speak to the project manager, Sarah Cottom, in pod point through a couple of emails and a couple of calls to their customer agents who promised that she will call me. Unfortunately, Sarah Cottom did not contact me to guide me if pod point could solve the clamp issue. To speed the things up, I hired a private electrician , who put a new clamp, a new earthing cable and a new block . Once that was done, I have sent pod point the photo of this work but did not get any response as usual. I called pod point customer service and refuse to leave the phone until they put me to Sarah Cotton on line. After about 15 minutes of waiting finally I was able to speak to Sarah , who told me that she never received my emails or phone messages . I was really disappointed to know podpoint communication system . Sarah was unable to explain where did my messages go ? Anyways she booked Jordan to visit next week early morning ( despite of my request to send on my free days) . To my second disappointment , Jordan told me that resistance readings are still high and I have to change the system to get my own earth spike to change to TT system . He said he can't do this and I have to speak to pod point. Here again , I was trying to talk to my project manager and she was not responding to me emails and calls.
To avoid further frustration, I have contacted the private electrician and request him to put the earth spike which he did. This time Jordan was kind to give me his personal mobile number , so I contacted him . Jordan was nice and told me that he will come within 3 days and will talk to Sarah Cotton himself to book himself to connect the charger. Jordan came to the house as promised and hurray, resistance was acceptable so he connected the charger and help us to set up the account .
So in conclusion. Jordan was excellent and neat in his work, however , pod point need to improve their communication and assessment . I have sent all the images they have asked but they failed to recognise the issue. Okay but after, the issue was raised, they don't want to know me or help me to solve the issue. I have spent a huge amount to get private electrician to put an earth rod which most of other car charger company provide free, including in their package. I have also bought 5 years warranty but I am not sure how helpful pod point would be if there would be an issue in the future.
Engineer was great and explained everything. However, having cancelled a day in my nhs clinic I was double booked, was told I would have to rearrange, then told it would be 9am start on that day but the guy had another appt before mine and actually wasn’t due until near midday, so I had to cancel another half day of work. Really unhappy with the customer service side of things. Has made my week so so stressful
I think that the installation was generally done well. My criticism is that the installation had to be stopped due to a broken screw in the main meter board. This meant I had to hire another electrician for £80 to replace the screw which took approximately 30 minutes. If the PodPoint electrical engineer had been skilled enough he would have been able to fix it himself.. !!
Good website, easy to use and informative. The only disappointment is that the entire order has yet to arrive, specifically the charging cable. I used the customer query link but have no reply as of yet. Certain I am an anomaly and will recommend Podpoint to friends and family, just need the charging cable.

Please note that Elliott the Electrican was excellent. He was professional, polite and informative. Very good !
Very helpful online team for completion of paperwork. Took longer than we hoped to come out and install and not a very neat job. Fitters were polite and arrived on time.
Installation good but box of rubbish left outside of house.
It's all a bit confusing and complicated to those of us who are new to home charging. Covid didn't help, with everything done online rather than in person.

I was given a list of electric upgrades (based on photos I sent) that were needed to allow the charger unit to be installed. I paid £100's for these, only to be told by the installer that the upgrades were not necessary. I can't be certain that was the case, but it doesn't feel great thinking I wasted so much money

The charger wasn't working properly to start with. I had to ring up and Pod Point rest the device so that it charged properly. That was handled quite efficiently.
My Pod Point home charging point is in, working, and only awaiting the arrival of my car and the charging cable from Pod Point - so I am relieved it's here ahead of time and gernally happy with the overall outcome.

I had to call to chase up the installation date, and was left to handle the apparent change in OLEV forms with my car dealer myself, both of which I felt could of been handled better by pod point themselves interacting with KIA directly as part of the service to me, the customer.

For service improvement, I'd suggest:
1. Don't bill the customer until an installation date is agreed or perhaps only partially billing before an agreed installation date.
2. Itemise the bill/invoice with the ordered service and additional items.
3. Make it clear that items like the charging cable are sent separately.
We weren't aware of the power requirements for the Pod Point and had to have a separate electrician upgrade the power supply to where we wanted the Pod installed. This wasn't pointed out until after we paid and done the self survey.
Also had to chase up the installation once we'd submitted all the documents for the OLEV grant.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 22,438 reviews