Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
I have a mixed review - it took two engineer visits to ascertain what preparation works needed to be undertaken before the installation could take place. This was frustrating as it led to lengthy delays. The installation itself was great, the engineer (Jack) was fantastic. Very professional, friendly and extremely helpful.
It took a long time to complete the process and seemed very bureaucratic----possibly due to covid
The administrative side of the process went smoothly. My problems started at installation. The electrician installed the charger then at the very end informed me that he would be unable to connect it to my supply as it was a looped system despite the fact that I had sent photos of the setup to pod Point and they were happy the installation could go ahead. I then had to contact my power supplier to request an assessment which took place two weeks later. No alterations to my system were deemed necessary and the pod Point connection was finally made two weeks after that. Despite the terms and conditions stating that conduit would be supplied to conceal any interior cabling the electrician was unaware of this and asked me to book yet another visit for him to come and finish the job. The whole installation process took five weeks from first visit to completion.
Communication with the pod Point project manager could only be done by email as the help desk were very reluctant to connect me to her but she did reply by email within 24 hours and always dealt efficiently with the issues outlined above and guided me through the process of dealing with my electricity network provider.
I waited nearly 10 weeks from start to finish and I found it very hard to Speak to someone during the whole process communication was the biggest problem
Would have preferred a daytime installation and to approve electric cable routing
A game of two halves. The Ordering process was a nightmare - very confusing, very difficult to get hold of Podpoint over the phone (soooo many calls went to an anonymous voicemail box) and they never got in touch with me proactively to let me know what was going on. I had to chase everything and I got the impression that if I didn't nothing would have happened. (one star)

The Installation went very well. Craig was on time, informative, efficient and polite. (5 stars)
Ordering process awful, significant delay between paying for podpoint and getting help regarding OLEV Grant Application took over two months to help with my queries. Once application process over, arranging installation was easy and lovely helpful staff. Installation process itself sraightforward, lovely helpful staff fitted the equipment, nothing was too much trouble.
Installation itself was excellent and the installers highly professional but the process of getting to installation was long, drawn out and painful.
The operative who installed our pod point was first class in every respect. He was accompanied by a trainee who was very polite and helpful. Their attention to detail and Covid precautions were exemplary.

This was welcome following a poor experience with your administration and ordering systems which we had to deal with over the past few months. The pod point system is not efficient and not user friendly. It would put me off buying an EV car. Individuals we spoke to were very friendly and tried to be helpful but your systems are poor. When spending large sums of money on a car it is a shock to come across a poor automated order system.
The fitter was punctual but unfortunately the installation did not go too well as a brick facing blew out when the hole was drilled for the cable. Overall it was pretty messy but we managed to get to an acceptable compromise. The fitter was very pleasant and wanted to make sure we were satisfied but I believe he needed to be equipped with better tools and also remedies for situations such as the one we faced.
The paperwork process was painful. To the point where I nearly cancelled because I felt podpoint could of helped more.... once that was sorted everything was great. The installation guy, who was a young lad was very helpful along with Craig.
Actually applying for the pod point was only made easier by the helpfulness of the telephone staff. Expecting customers to do it all online is wrong as not everyone is computer literate. The staff on the telephone were a real credit to your company
The installation went okay, but the charging cable docking station is very low down, I explained this to the installer and he outlined that I should move it, if I am not happy. Which I’m not. But likewise I am not going to be moving it, as it should have been installed correctly from Pod Point. I have also noticed the Pod Point charging point advertised at the dealership and their own website differs to the one they have installed at my property, and I would have preferred the same charging point as the one at a dealership. Overall, I am happy that I have got the Pod Point, but I would have preferred if the correct one was installed, or that the docking station was in a more effective position.
the review and updates were updates were good in the lead up to the installation. My installation was booked for between 12 and 3 and engineer called me at 1455 to tell me he was 5 minutes away. He arrived at 1510 which was outside the agreed window and of course it then took almost two hours to complete the installation. Whilst I acknowledge that timings may change on the day, it would have been good if someone let me know in advance or even on the day that the engineer was going to be a bit late. Overall, I'm happy with the installation and the knowledge of your engineer.
Form filling for Risk assessment on website is not user friendly and had to do it twice as first one didn’t submit!
As an EV novice I didn't find the on-line ordering process very easy and have ended up with a charging point I am currently unable to use.
The installation was 5 star but everything else was 1 star
It has taken some time to get to the installation stage, however the pod point installer was friendly, helpful and hardworking. Lots of issues with our propert/supply/connectivity but he managed to sort it all out.
We recently bought a new PHEV and the motor trader recommended Podpoint. All initial contact with Podpoint was by email. Completing and submitting the documentation electronically was lengthy but relatively straightforward other than the installation details requested which were excessively technical and beyond the capability of a normal householder. A preliminary site survey by a Podpoint electrician would seem more appropriate. Obtaining an installation date from Podpoint was unforthcoming until I requested the motor trader to expedite it. However, it was then very quickly scheduled and the installation carried out politely and efficiently.
It would have been easier perhaps to have been allocated a short survey first. But the installer was brilliant, professional and friendly and did a great job. That was the best bit...
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 18,771 reviews