Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

James Gibbons
Pod Point Limited 4 star review on 4th February 2020
Peter Cox
More Photos & Videos
Installer wired into the meter, resulting in Revenue Protection services invoicing £380 for theft and tampering. Same installer came back 18months later (despite requesting s.o. else) to swap type 1 to type 2 cable. Paid £270 for the privilege but charger did not work as he didn’t test. Came back 2 weeks later, said circuit board was stuck. Now charger is working but slower than granny cable. Unable to contact podpoint, constantly on vm. I realise we were unlucky with rogue installer but we will now take legal action to get refund for rev protect fine and compensation. Unacceptable.
Andrew is superb POD Point fitter. He was more timely than a tax refund and as efficient as a Swiss watch. There was nothing he wasn't willing to do, and even finished off our huge ironing pile before washing the dishes! Clearly his knowledge extends way beyond the world of an electrician. I wouldn't be surprised if he already knows the winning lottery numbers for this weekend. Despite being a Preston North End fan, he gets 5 stars in my book!
Installer did not fit the cable the route I proposed, but instead did a long winded way with lots of trunking around skirtings and door frame.

In addition he made a hole approx 2inches wide in the hallway and damaged new skirting but hid it after realising he did not need it. I only found out after he left when I went to move things around to clean up. Completely dishonest and unacceptable. I left a complaint with pod point over the phone and was never given the promised call back or email.

More importantly, I never received any building regulations electrical certificate!
Always kept informed despite non standard installation. Good coordination with other contractors.

Chris was incredible- the man doesn’t give up! - he went to great lengths to make sure he could get the cable under the floorboards and had to drill through bricks under the house. And he kept smiling! Thank you so much!
Took 4 months to organise installation. Terrible customer service.
Installation took nearly 4 months to organise, involving photo's of the walls in my house, photo's of fuse boxes and satalite images, i almost has to get my drone out to complete some of the photo requests. Terrible customer service from pod point.
The installation it self cost an extra £300 on top of the government grant and caused damage to one of my doors. I can accwpt that my installation was maybe non standard but an extra £300 pounds seems excessive of a couple of extra metres of cable. The finish in hiding the cables was like something I could have done myself.
I was provided incorrect information which stated I needed a new fuse board installed before the Pod Point was installed. I paid £360 to have a new fuse board installed. It turns out I did not need a new fuse board as the Pod Point is not installed into the fuse board but into its own separate circuit breaker. I never received a confirmation email from Pod Point only text message. I never had the opportunity to upgrade to a future proof charger or to choose the charger type I wanted.
He arrived at 1.45 and left at 8pm, he has left a big hole in the porch ceiling which is only 6 months old, the trunking is crooked nothing was said about a safety certificate and no attempt to tidy up
From order to install, everything was super quick and efficient. In fact, I had a call 48 hrs after order asking to install that afternoon. Contractor arrived early, but hadn't seen any risk assessments or order photos or measurements. I showed him install position, but he suggested elsewhere as he said he couldn't take cable around external corners neatly, and that I could still charge car where I wanted. Once he left I realised I couldnt charge car in furthest space, or if reversed into either space, so only had one out of 4 positions available. I contacted podpoint by email, no reply. Contacted again, no reply. Phoned and was told they were waiting for contractor to comment but they would email me that response. 14 days after install, still no contact or resolution. I consider they just want me to go away, and if they ignore me, I will. I will not go away. This will be resolved.
install from engineers 3 party very good.

I have given you 1 star specifically for the appalling service and communication after the install and the totally unacceptable customer service communication.
Firstly the positives - the installation itself was great. The guys that came to the house were excellent. On time, efficient, tidy and friendly and made a nice job of it.

The negatives however are significant, The remote survey was a joke and led to lots of unnecessary calls and discussion that would have been resolved if somebody had just listened or looked at the electricity supply. It led to considerable delays and wasted time and generated unnecessary work and costs.
Communication from the company has been very poor, I have regularly had to chase information. Messages were not passed to the team and when people were supposed to ring back they never did. Once the instillation was passed to another company the instillation went swimmingly. However, I have had a 7Kw point installed instead of 22Kw. I have asked for a refund I by telephone and in writing and to date no-one has responded. I am now looking to take legal action if it's not dealt with this week. Shocking service.
excellent service which was fully explained from start to finish by Andrew
Hi

This is just to say that Richard Jones and his team at JEC Electrical (Gloucester) did a wonderful installation of our Podpoint charger on 17th March. Everything from the first inspection to carrying out the work went flawlessly. They explained the activity, and were prepared to work around me.

• They were quick, on time, and the job lasted as long as they said it would
• Removed all outside foot ware when working in the house
• Did not disturb us during the installation
• It’s a neat job, carried out just the way we wanted
• Really polite guys
• Removed all packaging and cleaned and vacuumed up
• No bits of tie wrap or any other sundry items left about

In addition they knew about the PodPoint charger in detail, explained all of its functions and how it works with the app. They explained how you can monitor things and it’s all working fine. Finally they handed over a small guide.

Great job – thoroughly recommend them – they know EV

Dean Bayliss
My Podpoint isn't working. January 30th I started the process, now the 9th March and I'm no further forward than I was 6 weeks ago.
In truth, I'm not even off the starting blocks to get it fixed.
Numerous phone calls (a dozen easy) and a few e-mails ..., I'm trying my best to keep polite, but I'm losing my patience with this company. I've never experienced such bad service.
The women who answer the calls are I believe trying to be helpful, they say they're forwarding my case, they promise a phone call back from the technical team BUT IT NEVER HAPPENS.
My strong advice is don't use Podpoint ..., with a service this bad it is surely going to go bust. They don't deserve even 1 star!
Engineer phoned beforehand to give his time of arrival. He was polite and professional.
The unit appeared to function correctly when he left but when I attempted to charge a Nissan Leaf it switched off after two minutes. I am having to wait more than two weeks for another engineer to come and resolve the problem. I consider this unacceptable service.
I had a 12:00-16:00 appointment. The installer arrived at 09:00.
I had ordered and paid for a charger with a lock. The charger that was fitted had no lock.
2.5 month wait for the installation was disappointing.
Despite me submitting many photos into the web app of the cable route, and a Pod-Point survey, the install engineer still arrived unclear of where it was going to be installed.
After a few attempts at persuading me to chose an ‘easier’ location, Ben the installer was excellent. He worked hard to get me the install I wanted.
£250 for 7.5m tethered cable, and no refund for the 4.8m standard cable is an excessive premium.
I was recommended Pod-Point by a friend, but am unlikely to recommend onwards based on my experience.
Sam was exceptional 6 stars! You have an asset in your company!

He was not going to be defeated and did the job properly and did an ace job! We are very happy with the outcome and will recommend him and the company to friends and family.

Good job. Keep it up!
The charger doesn't work, it charges for a couple of seconds then turns off. Rang the helpline and was told someone would call me back they couldn't tell me when. Completely useless.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 14,430 reviews