Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
Installer wired into the meter, resulting in Revenue Protection services invoicing £380 for theft and tampering. Same installer came back 18months later (despite requesting s.o. else) to swap type 1 to type 2 cable. Paid £270 for the privilege but charger did not work as he didn’t test. Came back 2 weeks later, said circuit board was stuck. Now charger is working but slower than granny cable. Unable to contact podpoint, constantly on vm. I realise we were unlucky with rogue installer but we will now take legal action to get refund for rev protect fine and compensation. Unacceptable.
Andrew is superb POD Point fitter. He was more timely than a tax refund and as efficient as a Swiss watch. There was nothing he wasn't willing to do, and even finished off our huge ironing pile before washing the dishes! Clearly his knowledge extends way beyond the world of an electrician. I wouldn't be surprised if he already knows the winning lottery numbers for this weekend. Despite being a Preston North End fan, he gets 5 stars in my book!
Installer did not fit the cable the route I proposed, but instead did a long winded way with lots of trunking around skirtings and door frame.

In addition he made a hole approx 2inches wide in the hallway and damaged new skirting but hid it after realising he did not need it. I only found out after he left when I went to move things around to clean up. Completely dishonest and unacceptable. I left a complaint with pod point over the phone and was never given the promised call back or email.

More importantly, I never received any building regulations electrical certificate!
Always kept informed despite non standard installation. Good coordination with other contractors.

Chris was incredible- the man doesn’t give up! - he went to great lengths to make sure he could get the cable under the floorboards and had to drill through bricks under the house. And he kept smiling! Thank you so much!
Took 4 months to organise installation. Terrible customer service.
Installation took nearly 4 months to organise, involving photo's of the walls in my house, photo's of fuse boxes and satalite images, i almost has to get my drone out to complete some of the photo requests. Terrible customer service from pod point.
The installation it self cost an extra £300 on top of the government grant and caused damage to one of my doors. I can accwpt that my installation was maybe non standard but an extra £300 pounds seems excessive of a couple of extra metres of cable. The finish in hiding the cables was like something I could have done myself.
I was provided incorrect information which stated I needed a new fuse board installed before the Pod Point was installed. I paid £360 to have a new fuse board installed. It turns out I did not need a new fuse board as the Pod Point is not installed into the fuse board but into its own separate circuit breaker. I never received a confirmation email from Pod Point only text message. I never had the opportunity to upgrade to a future proof charger or to choose the charger type I wanted.
He arrived at 1.45 and left at 8pm, he has left a big hole in the porch ceiling which is only 6 months old, the trunking is crooked nothing was said about a safety certificate and no attempt to tidy up
Rowan arrived in time, worked safely and swiftly he cleaned up after himself and gave a through brief when the work was done.

The process was as easy as charging your car!

Perfect customer experience

Thanks
Pod Point Limited 5 star review on 19th October 2020
We recently bought a new PHEV and the motor trader recommended Podpoint. All initial contact with Podpoint was by email. Completing and submitting the documentation electronically was lengthy but relatively straightforward other than the installation details requested which were excessively technical and beyond the capability of a normal householder. A preliminary site survey by a Podpoint electrician would seem more appropriate. Obtaining an installation date from Podpoint was unforthcoming until I requested the motor trader to expedite it. However, it was then very quickly scheduled and the installation carried out politely and efficiently.
The fitting was spot-on but the customer services is proberly the WORST I have ever experience I must have sent you over 100 emails and voice messages the lot and you never replied to any of them I even sent emails with 3 different email addresses if there was a box to tick for customer service it would be -100 I would not recommend you to anybody!!!!!!
Installation was quick and simple. Engineer explained the planned installation prior to fitting and the workings afterwards.
My insight on Pod Point customer service (wow).

I was expecting an engineer at 10AM today to replace our dead WiFi chip. At 11AM when he was overdue by an hour, I called him (had his number from the 'I'll be with you at 10AM text), and he gave me an address which he visited and he said the owner told him nothing was wrong with his pod point.

I called customer service, and they gave me the full details of where the engineer visited, including the full address, primary contact name, and a secondary contact name - eventually it turned out that it was another customers of theirs, and they booked it incorrectly, but not before giving me all their details (GDPR anyone?).

I complained, as I took the day off work, and I wanted someone to see to us today. After what's been a total of 3 hours and 22 minutes on the phone to them (mostly waiting to get through, and then continually chasing when they fail to 'call back within the hour').

They eventually said someone will be with us between 4 and 5 PM.

It's 5PM now, and there's still no one here. I'm on the phone to them (been waiting to get through in excess of 36 minutes) but, their customer support is down the toilet.

My recommendation - stay away from these law breaking, frustrating, useless and incompetent cowboys - they're not worth your time.
I paid to install a 22kw pod charger at home but 7kw was installed without previous communication. I only noticed this when I tried to charge my car. I tried to contact Podpoint but only managed to speak to someone whose job is to write down the issue and pass on. Very poor service. Will not recommend anyone to use them
Overall a very frustrating experience. The installer ( subcontracted) was very good. He flagged up a potential problem ( possible looped supply to property) a few days before install with the case holder, who did not contact me for clarification. The installer could not proceed on the day. Very poor customer services from numerous Pod Point team members when I complained. If I had not contacted Western Power ( who were exceptional ) myself, the install would have been delayed further.
From order to install, everything was super quick and efficient. In fact, I had a call 48 hrs after order asking to install that afternoon. Contractor arrived early, but hadn't seen any risk assessments or order photos or measurements. I showed him install position, but he suggested elsewhere as he said he couldn't take cable around external corners neatly, and that I could still charge car where I wanted. Once he left I realised I couldnt charge car in furthest space, or if reversed into either space, so only had one out of 4 positions available. I contacted podpoint by email, no reply. Contacted again, no reply. Phoned and was told they were waiting for contractor to comment but they would email me that response. 14 days after install, still no contact or resolution. I consider they just want me to go away, and if they ignore me, I will. I will not go away. This will be resolved.
install from engineers 3 party very good.

I have given you 1 star specifically for the appalling service and communication after the install and the totally unacceptable customer service communication.
Firstly the positives - the installation itself was great. The guys that came to the house were excellent. On time, efficient, tidy and friendly and made a nice job of it.

The negatives however are significant, The remote survey was a joke and led to lots of unnecessary calls and discussion that would have been resolved if somebody had just listened or looked at the electricity supply. It led to considerable delays and wasted time and generated unnecessary work and costs.
Communication from the company has been very poor, I have regularly had to chase information. Messages were not passed to the team and when people were supposed to ring back they never did. Once the instillation was passed to another company the instillation went swimmingly. However, I have had a 7Kw point installed instead of 22Kw. I have asked for a refund I by telephone and in writing and to date no-one has responded. I am now looking to take legal action if it's not dealt with this week. Shocking service.
excellent service which was fully explained from start to finish by Andrew
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 20,301 reviews