Pod Point Limited Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Click Here

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy

Over a week
Nick Skew
"The commutation prior to the installation was excellent. The engineers who attended were good at communicating their eta and were polite and courteous. The installation is excellent and I’m really pleased. My only thought is that I might have chosen the wrong model, I chose the universal whereas maybe I should have chosen one with a lead so I didn’t have to use the one out of the car."
Christopher Dixon
"Quickly done and a very neat installation."
"Easy to deal with, efficient & professional."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installer wired into the meter, resulting in Revenue Protection services invoicing £380 for theft and tampering. Same installer came back 18months later (despite requesting s.o. else) to swap type 1 to type 2 cable. Paid £270 for the privilege but charger did not work as he didn’t test. Came back 2 weeks later, said circuit board was stuck. Now charger is working but slower than granny cable. Unable to contact podpoint, constantly on vm. I realise we were unlucky with rogue installer but we will now take legal action to get refund for rev protect fine and compensation. Unacceptable."
"Took 4 months to organise installation. Terrible customer service."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installation took nearly 4 months to organise, involving photo's of the walls in my house, photo's of fuse boxes and satalite images, i almost has to get my drone out to complete some of the photo requests. Terrible customer service from pod point. The installation it self cost an extra £300 on top of the government grant and caused damage to one of my doors. I can accwpt that my installation was maybe non standard but an extra £300 pounds seems excessive of a couple of extra metres of cable. The finish in hiding the cables was like something I could have done myself."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I was provided incorrect information which stated I needed a new fuse board installed before the Pod Point was installed. I paid £360 to have a new fuse board installed. It turns out I did not need a new fuse board as the Pod Point is not installed into the fuse board but into its own separate circuit breaker. I never received a confirmation email from Pod Point only text message. I never had the opportunity to upgrade to a future proof charger or to choose the charger type I wanted."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"He arrived at 1.45 and left at 8pm, he has left a big hole in the porch ceiling which is only 6 months old, the trunking is crooked nothing was said about a safety certificate and no attempt to tidy up"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Andrew is superb POD Point fitter. He was more timely than a tax refund and as efficient as a Swiss watch. There was nothing he wasn't willing to do, and even finished off our huge ironing pile before washing the dishes! Clearly his knowledge extends way beyond the world of an electrician. I wouldn't be surprised if he already knows the winning lottery numbers for this weekend. Despite being a Preston North End fan, he gets 5 stars in my book!"
"They do not use their own installers as it says on the web site. It was sub contracted, firm took ages to contact me - tried changing the install date 4 times and when the installer did turn up was a miserable bloke in a bad mood who, despite me supplying comprehensive details of the property in advance, proceeded to real of a list of multiple issues he had with the property and how he was not allowed to use ladders, feed wire to the cellar as was under the floor etc. In the end was obvious he could not be bothered so our installation never happened. Then Pod Point failed to have a manager call me back to sort cancellation - took 3 calls to get a response from one, each time with long delays on hold. Interesting to note I am not alone in having issues recently"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Delay in installation not expected. 3.5 weeks to have the thing installed isn't acceptable. Also, paid for a lock which wasn't installed. Promised that the installer would return the same or next day. This didn't happen. Rearranged for the following week but installer didn't turn up. Had to threaten use of a charge back under section 75 consumer credit act for the full balance, in order to get Pod Point to supply and fit the goods as per the contract. This caused the installer to show up the very next day at 8am, funnily enough. This isn't acceptable business practice."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Always kept informed despite non standard installation. Good coordination with other contractors. Chris was incredible- the man doesn’t give up! - he went to great lengths to make sure he could get the cable under the floorboards and had to drill through bricks under the house. And he kept smiling! Thank you so much!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Simple installation, very helpful staff. We received clear instructions on using the pod point and using the app"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installer turned up 2 hours late & very grumpy. He refused to start work because "the job would take two days but he had only been scheduled for one day". I had to email his manager (Ali Huckin) who had to phone him before he would agree to start. He then told me he couldn't dig a trench to the location of the POD-POINT because "his detector said there were live cables". I said his thing was bleeping because the main fuse board was just the other side of the wall in a cupboard - and that was where his cable should be terminated. I am 65 years old but I then had to take up my own floorboards and crawl in a void barely two feet high, under my living room floor with his drill, to make the hole through the wall for the POD-POINT cable! While I was under my floor, he dug the pit for the POD-POINT in the wrong place and initially refused to move it because he had poured the concrete. It took another email to Ali to get that sorted. He then got even grumpier when I said I did not want concrete poured over the POD base, but wanted it bolted to a concrete base so it could be removed if necessary when I get my drive re-laid. But when I checked, he had brought the cable up through the wet concrete without any conduit, making it impossible for it to be replaced or changed. In the end, he left after 4 hours - so much for it taking 2 days! The electrician was booked for the next day, but he cancelled 2 hours after he should have arrived, because he had hurt his back. Ali re-booked it for the following week but It was very stressful for me to obtain the extra time off from my employer. The electrician said if the installer had run the cable in conduit through the concrete he could have fitted a second cable to allow sensing of the load and cut off the charging rather than blow the main fuse. He could not do this because of the installers methods. All in all a very unsatisfactory experience, the only good points being Ali Hucker trying so sort things from her end and the electrician trying to do the same, but the installer's attitude was appalling!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"took payment then presented a whole host of bureaucracy that was not expecting on line form filling did not work (I have a mac book pro) manual form filling and communication with staff was a nightmare. Your staff rudely blamed me for their own errors. Overly officious! The fixed cable length is less than the cable that came with the car. The charge for a longer cable was extortionate. The additional charge for a holster is ridiculous. A holster is a basic requirement. You tried to charge for a second call out when the engineer sad that was an unnecessary charge as he had another job in the area on the day in any event."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Unlike one of their competitors, Pod Point gave excellent customer service from start to finish and made the whole process straightforward and stress-free. Laura was fabulous when I made the initial phonecall to PodPoint, as was Ali when it came to making the installation booking. Darren was on time, polite, tidy and installed the charger without any fuss. I'm over the moon and think you are poles apart from your competitor from a customer service point of view."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Really difficult to be positive about the experience. The install took four attempts. Attempt 1: No show, claimed the install couldn't go ahead as a difficultly with another domestic install. Was informed after install should have commenced. Attempt 2: Engineer wasn't informed of the install and didn't turn up. Was then promised an upgraded (lockable) unit as compensation. Attempt 3: Engineer showed up and informed us that the install couldn't go ahead as the power circuit we'd had installed wasn't large enough. Attempt 4: A more experienced engineer turned up and installed the originally ordered unit (i.e. the non-lockable variant) on the power circuit we'd installed. Unit works fine however."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Very happy with the job Iain did. Very helpful and very nice guy! He explained everything clearly and he answered all my questions, that I needed to answer. Very happy with choosing pod point & Iain is a great asset to the company."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I have had excellent service from both the office staff and the engineer. All the staff have been very friendly and helpful. Joe, the engineer explained everything very clearly and showed me how everything worked. A very satisfied customer. I would definitely recommend Pod Point Limited for a stress free installation."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The installation engineer (Joe) was fantastic. Really friendly and professional. He fitted the unit exactly as I requested even though this made the installation much more complicated to hide all cables and circuit breakers out of sight."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Craig was efficient doing his job and a very pleasant man. Jane Weller, Shenstone"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Very pleasant engineer "Joe". He was clearly very experienced and knowledgeable. Did a no fuss install and fully explained everything in a concise and easy manner. Would recommend pod point to anyone because of Joe! I am going to get our business to fit one now as well. Great thanks all. Cheers Dave Robins."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The engineer was very professional and courteous. He consulted me about my preferences before commencing fitting and after gave an overview of use. Impressed that no mess was left at the end. A credit to your firm."
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.72 based on 10,066 reviews