Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
Very professional, prompt service.
I was scheduled an appointment which was later rescheduled to an early date which I agreed to. The engineer that installed my charger was friendly and performed the installation in about 90 mins. He did a very neat install and cleaned up afterwards. He provided all the info about using the charger and connecting to the app.
Engineer was on time. Informative and wasn't rushing and took the time to explain the pod point. Installation carried out only 9 days after ordering.
Pod Point Limited 5 star review on 1st August 2021
Although it took two attempts to install (which wasn't the fault of the installers, the end result was very good.
Great service and brilliant installer. Helpful and knowledgeable. Highly recommended
I think your staff have tried very hard and been as helpful as they can within their brief. I did also approach BP Pulse and never got any responses to my emails at all. However I was disappointed that you don't inform people of what is required to connect a charger - I was told initially 10 days by VW who claim to be your partner. However I had to get my DNO involved to change my meter (and then directly liaise with Lowri Beck) and then lobby UKPN to upgrade my fuses and earthing. In all it took 2 1/2 months to get a working charger with no direct support from Pod-Point and a fast learning curve for me. All the time you were happy to take my cash and wait until I had sorted the problems; I wish you had made me aware as I was signing up what was required; the information on your website is very vague on these areas and I was left with an electric car and no home charger for over two months. I suspect you are not alone in the industry and it should get its act together better. I also can't believe you have not told me more about the PodPoint charging network. I have now downloaded your app but my closest chargers are Engie (Geniepoint) so I have not used you yet. How do I find the £/kWHr rate for your chargers - I see some are free and some chargeable but there is a dearth of information on your app. Also what is the value of an RFID card - should I apply and would it help - there is nothing much to tell a new user at all. And then I considered taking my car to France and even Engie could not tell me what I should plan - does an RFID card even work there!. So as an industry you are holding yourselves back on poor information provision, setting unrealistic expectations at the start and just making life uncertain and difficult for the "new adopters". At least you have given me the chance to review my experience. VW UK have never followed up with me on what I think of the ID3 and I have a lot of comments I would like to make about the lack of information to a new user; no handbook at all and a very poor user interface in the car.
The grant application caused confusion between Podpoint and the car dealership. After that was resolved the installation went smoothly. The Podpoint App is primitive. They require prepayment for public charge points. Home charging is not registering on the consumption chart. The scheduling section is not intuitive until you work out how to overcome its querks. There is no indicator to show when it is actually charging or at what rate. There is a lot of unused space in the Podpoint box so is much bigger than necessary and round so is not architecturally sympathetic.
Good service, easy process and swift. The engineer who fitted the Pod and cable was excellent.
In spite of scheduling difficulty the Podpoint team we Re always polite, efficient and went out of their way to help get everything sorted.
The engineer came on time. It was a very hot day but he started very quickly and did the installation very professionally and quick. The work was very tidy and the engineer left nothing on the floor inside and outside. The charger has been working very good. Thank you PodPoint
Pod Point Limited 5 star review on 30th July 2021
The issue which took some time to view and get the system working was the reliability of the WiFi signal. Recommend you ask in advance for devices that use the homes circuit are fitted and working in the garage to support the strength of the Wi signal.
Arrived early in the morning. Was familiar with the product, and ascertained promptly what was likely to be wrong with it. He worked quickly and efficiently, telling me what he was doing and why.
Overall I have scored the installation as average. The experience started really well when sorting out the booking. Email with suitable descriptions and images all seemed logical The only issue was the first installation date, I stayed at home for the allocated time slot, no show, tried emailing a couple of times and phoned but no one could help so they reported it to scheduling. At no time on the day of alleged install did anyone get in touch. It was a Friday. I emailed on the following Monday and Tuesday no contact at all. Wednesday an apology email with a booking the following Monday This installation went really well. Nice helpful Electrician. Very thorough. Very clean and tidy. Excellent
Podpoint Ltd did their bit as efficiently as possible. However, the length of infomation needed and the amount of form filling is huge for what could have been a simple order - as we already have the infrastructure in place.
Very smooth installation with a friendly engineer
The engineer was on time, very accommodating to where I wanted the charging point installed. Brilliantly tidy too. Great job!
Excellent.
Friendly and efficient service!!!
On time, friendly and the installation is so tidy, no wires showing. Very impressed.
So the whole fitting bit was fine and the technician was nice enough. The massively annoying thing is that I gave him the plastic tab from our Broadband router with our wifi code etc so that he could link the pod point onto our network. However, he left our home with the tab containing the codes. We have submitted complaints etc to podpoint via telephone, email and social media without any response to this query despite ongoing multiple emails/posts asking for a response. All we were looking for was for the technician to return the tab to us directly or via post. Overall, fitting was fine but the ability to deal with any issues seems very woeful. I only used Podpoint on the recommendation of our hyundai dealer. I guess Hyundai need to know what they are recommending.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.68 based on 24,831 reviews