ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Stole £1000 worth of stuff, driver smelled of alcohol, charge me £55, to walk from my door to the carpark. Staff are racist ie dirty looks, ignoring when you talk to them etc. They ruined my business, so I ruined their's
Did not complete the house move as agreed and what I paid ended up hiring a van and doing the rest of my contents with the outcome of a back injury been in last two months, plus their sub contractor they hired two clowns who stole £1000 pounds worth of my contents, plus had the audacity to charge me £55, to walk from my door to the carpark, behind flat. Been avoiding my calls last two months and ignoring my messages. Don't hire this firm.
AV 6522616 Useless. Charged over 300 for a removal. Items damaged by unprofessional and uncaring people. Coffee table parts missing and damaged. Brand new bed ripped. Drier.... cable partly ripped out and left dangerous. When I discovered it I'd already tried to use. Live and nuteral wires touching and shorted out my sockets. I complained only to be told they don't know how long it will take for me to have issues resolved. Pathetic. Just to add they go on the side of the driver, who obviously deny any damage. I sent photos to prove, as requested, then they told me they also wanted photos prior to the move. I provided this knowing that the metadata can be used as with insurance companies, they claim it cannot be accessed except for on the original device. Total Bull. I have computer certifications. The driver "crashed the van" I have a witness. They will not accept a witness statement to a "crash" DEMAND CCTV!!! What a croc of chit. Anything to get out of paying for damage and/or loss of goods. I will continue to review this company on as many review sites as possible. They ruin my items I will ruin their business.
Truly awful. Worst experience I have had. AnyVan keep very quiet that you don’t actually get the van just for your job. My job started at 8am and finished at 11.30pm, waking neighbours and my kids. Why? Because they did other jobs without properly disclosing. Anyvan outsource to local van drivers, and take no responsibility themselves. They did not want to hear my complaint. Cowboys
Awful experience: We acquired their service on 12/03/21. First of all customer service was really bad and had to wait for long time to get to speak to someone. Then the movers took a long time to sort out the updated quote as there was some additional stuff to be added to the list and they won’t move until paid fully in advance. The movers were not professional movers. It was very painful procedure, to be very honest. Took a long time to load the van and scratched the wooden wardrobe doors and the wall. Luckily the move was within the city and managed to complete in 12 hours. We had only a few things to be reassembled including one large bed. They didn’t reassemble the bed properly and lost one screw. Since then bed is making squeaky noises. We put one dismantled bed in the garage and found out that the sets of screws were missing. They did not reassemble the wardrobes properly too. They seemed very unskilled & unprofessional. We have moved houses before but this experience was very unpleasant and painful. I would never recommend their service.
NOT RECOMMENDED!!!! Moving from Fleet to York - never had worse experience. They were late (because they took a job before us) even though we paid extra to book a slot, tried to charge extra and called up basically liers claiming we didn't say about extra steps - even though it's recorded, refused to accept the complaint and refund what we were led to believe by the driver should be extra and paid. We literally just wanted refund on the extra £70 the driver told us we have to pay or he won't touch anything, nothing more. Still they are fighting us over this goddamn £70. They had so much stuff in the van they destroyed our furniture squeeing it in, and on the top of that drivers haven't had a break before coming to us and so worked for an illegal number of hours (left for the first job around 3am and didn't eat or drink or stop untik thry packed our stuff at 8.30pm). We paid for them to pack the van and curry the stuff - we, two women, carried half of the stuff AND had to help them pack the van and tell them how to take some of the furniture out - they, the professionals, didn't know how to do it properly. Not even mentioning the wall damage because of how they carried stuff. The insurance company they work with is equally as terrible, trying to charge ridiculoucly high excess fares and refusing to compensate because our chest of drawers still works even though it looks like someone chewed it and spat it out and it's worth only throwing out. We've been battling both for DAYS now. We lost several days, items and money. And we can't get anywhere with them.
Any Van - Any means any or none of vans will show up !!! Maybe very small van or half full width some rubbish. Save your self and your family from disappointment. If you looking to move home just book legit local removal company.
As with other customers I was "deallocated" at 6pm the evening before moving house. I was left overnight waiting for a driver to accept the job until eventually around 9am on the day of the move I had to cut my losses and make alternative arrangements. The move was booked weeks in advance and it took a while to understand that all the marketing images of people in company tee shirts and hats is a nonsense. It's just an office putting jobs out to tender. I got the impression that they were glad when I enquired about cancelling the job as they would then be able to say that legally they weren't responsible as I had cancelled. My advice is to avoid.
I just had one of the worst experiences from this company. Don’t get fooled by their fancy website, this company just provides a unprofessional sub standard service with bloated overpriced cost. In short I paid around 150£ and none of my stuff were moved and I did not get a refund. I hired a van from them a month in advance to move my belongings to a destination just 5 minutes away. I had few boxes and couple of small furnitures, a guitar and 1 big 77 inch television. The only reason I got this mover was to move the big TV otherwise I could have done everything myself with a few Uber trips. I specifically mentioned to them during purchase that I had a 77inch TV and it’s even mentioned in the receipt as 1 of my items. I paid around 130£ initially for the entire service. On the day of the move I had a call from them saying they can’t find a driver and if I can postpone the move. This is despite the fact I booked 1 month in advance. It was Easter weekend and I couldn’t postpone it. So I had to chase them to get me a driver which they eventually did. The drivers came into my room and took some of my stuff quickly like they were in a rush in the van. They could not fit one of my furniture through the door. They had to remove 1 screw to remove a leg so that it could fit through the door. They charged me 20£ more and asked me further 30£ to fit that screw back again at the destination which I refused. And when it came to the TV they looked at it and immediately said they will not take it because it’s too big for them and they don’t want to risk it even though I told them it’s one of the items mentioned during my purchase. They said they will only take the TV if I sign a document that I will be the one responsible if THEY do any damage which I found to be absolutely ridiculous. The TV was mentioned beforehand and they should have come prepared which they never did. The whole purpose of hiring them was to take this TV so there was no point paying them. So I told them to leave and bring back some of my stuff which they took and kept in the van. On bringing back they dropped and damaged my guitar and they even hit my TV while carrying some stuff like they didn’t care. After I cancelled and asked them to leave I tried calling their customer service for a refund and it’s one of the worst service I experienced. I tried calling like 10 times and each time they put you in complicated endless IVR options and eventually saying all their agents are busy. This happened for like 2 hours. Fed up calling them I had to visit their website and chat to an agent. They said they will call me back urgently. I had to wait another couple of hours for them make a call. The uninterested unsympathetic agent said because I was the one who cancelled it they will NOT do a refund. So I paid around 150£ and none of my stuff were moved and I didn’t get any refund. All my money went drown the drain into their pockets for nothing. Later I had to call another mover and explained them my situation and it was urgent that I moved today. They came late in the night and moved everything for 90£. Please do not make the mistake I did. Do NOT use their service. They are just money grabbing crooks and their whole purpose is to charge overpriced and provide absolutely rubbish service. They are nothing but Thieves and Liars. I won’t get my money back but please do not fall in the same trap I did and avoid their rubbish service.
So, it all sounds like a good plan, Booked a pick up of my car for delivery to the specialist 150 miles away. Booking was easy, booking follow up all good, pricing ...OK. "We will send you a link t track your driver". All fine and dandy, I book the specialist repair guys [not cheap] for that day and the following morning. Anyway long story short, basically the driver couldn't be bothered to do thee job on the day booked and decided to do it the next morning. Many exchanges with Anyvan on phone and Chat. No apology, no sympathy, aggressive responses "not our fault" basically suck it up we have your money. The couldn't care less about their customers and are actively unpleasant when challenged. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!
Just don’t bother, if you want to get cancelled on last minute and left in a bad situation then book with these guys , got let down last minute on the day of our move which caused absolute chaos! go with a local business not these scammers.
CAUTION! Be careful when you book with Anyvan and SebyUK. Whilst they were carrying the boxes in the living room and I was running after my toddler, I left my bag open with Airpods inside on the counter. I checked my bag in the car going to our new flat as I use my Airpods daily and well they were not in my bag anymore. Anyvan did not help at all even though they have the “we are waiting to help you" slogan. Be careful with you valuables. You let strangers into your house, don’t forget that. Other than that, they did a OK job. We had many more items than what we quoted initially and so we got them to requote and agreed to pay a good amount more. Due to concern of fitting everything we asked them to take the larger and heavier items first so that we can take the remaining in the car. They did not listen to this and having to tell them 3 times they still didn't. One person could speak broken English, the other guy did not speak English at all. This meant that we had to spend all Sunday moving really big boxes in the car which could have been avoided if they had listened. They were a bit rough in handling items but OK for most part. Overall, I would NEVER use Anyvan or SebyUK again. Customer care is definitely not their priority, essentially: you get what you pay for.
Beware if you need to cancel, booked this morning Saturday for Monday removal, had to cancel (Saturday afternoon) and they only will refund 50% They need 48hrs notice for 100% refund, absolutely shocking, even when I booked it wasn't 48hrs so beware funny how the refund takes 3-5 days though
Driver entered my property without Covid protection tellling me he 'did not understand the meaning of the words Covid compliant' and to take up any issues with Anyvan. Anyvan has removed my negative review of anothher review site. I wonder how many other negative reviews it hides?
Booked a collection slot between 8-10. I’ve checked the tracking and the van is still Harrow north London and I am Bexley south London so it’s going to be at least an hour! Such a shame as Booking was so easy and I was going to use them again next week! I doubt it’s the fault of the driver. Whoever or whatever sorts the routes needs a better geographical knowledge. Not happy at all.
2 items of jewellery were stolen and the driver urinated outside my new home. AnyVan support "spoke to the driver", then after that, no help at all. No refund was offered. I very much regret using this company.
No refund at any cost but will happily do other jobs for you what a cheek
You will end up paying for moving your own items I arranged my items to be moved to 10th floor by lift, and their mover refused to move them anywhere above the ground floor. When I complained about it, they didn't even offer me the price difference I paid. I received a warning from council and risk my tenancy agreement because of their failure in service. I only get a little increased amount of refund offer after I contacted their CEO and I was already exhausted dealing with such a small issue so I accepted it but it felt nowhere near justifying the damage and distress they caused. I have been using their service since 2014 but that's it! Never again! You just end up moving your own stuff when you work with them. They also have 0 respect for their customers.
The worst experience I have ever had- I move a lot due to my work, and I have severe health problems. I paid over £300 and was assured the guys would move the heavy stuff down. They refused to move things that weren't in tiny boxes they supplied which meant my larger items were left for me. Anything i pack before they came was not moved. I have paid leave local “man with a van” many times and they couldn't do enough for me- this was a shock. I realise now any time you pay BEFORE the job you are likely to get less enthusiastic staff. I won't do that again. Waste of time and money and really left me in the lurch - not even an apology from company- they just deactivated my ability to use the chat function (despite me being perfectly nice to those I conversed with - after all it wasn't that persons fault). That says a lot about this company, big companies often lack customer service, this is no exception. The movers that attended didn’t speak any english ( im not being nasty saying this, its just i couldnt explain to them that i needed the help with the heavier items). Anyway, DONT USE THEM, get a local guy with a van, much more likely to be decent, fair and helpful
On pr about the 14th January 2021 we made a provisional booking with AnyVan with a possible removal date of 25th January 2021. At that time AnyVan required that we give them a DEBIT card number just to secure the provisional booking. A few days later on 21 January 2021 we advised AnyVan that the date of 25th January 2021 would not be possible as one of the people in the chain had problems preventing the chain to complete. AnyVan asked when we expected to be able to move and we told them that we had absolutly no idea. AnyVan then said that they would FREEZE our account and when we were ready to move to let them know, which was fine. We heard nothing more from AnyVan until we advised them on Wednesday 24th February that the chain had collapsed and we would not now be moving and we wished to cancel the booking altogether. The very next morning we received an email from AnyVan advising us of a "Successful Settlement" and that they had taken the sum of £885.00 from our Debit Card. I immediately called AnyVan and asked why they had taken £885.00 from our debit card without advising us they intended doing so or asking our permission to take the money. This after advising them just the day before that the move was cancelled. A coincidence ? That seemed like a little more than a coincidence given that we hadn't heard a word from AnyVan since the 21st January 2021 until the day after we advise them that the move was cancelled that being on the 24th February 2021. After a long discussion with AnyVan they agreed to return the £885.00 in "A FEW DAYS". I retorted that a Few Days was not good enough and again pointed out that they had taken the £885.00 without asking or advising us that they intended doing that. I also told them that as the money was taken without our knowledge or consent we wanted the money back immediately and did not want to wait for it to be returned at their convenience is a FEW DAYS. This of course fell on deaf ears. I then immediately sent an email to the CEO of AnyVan (Angus Elphinstone) reiterating the whole sordid story. About two hours later I received a call from, not Mr Elphinstone, but a young girl, apologising for their error but was unable to expedite a refund of the £885.00. In conclusion, AnyVan seem cannot be trusted and is extremely uncooperative. My advice is to AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE. BLS.
ANYVAN is rated 3.14 based on 1,254 reviews