ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

it_service_account@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
2 stars because the actual removal men were very good. Did all the moving with no issues and arrived promptly. My issue is with the company, they inflate the price so much it’s a complete rip off. They charge based on every item you include on your list and charge way over what they should do. Better off going direct to the actual removal guys themselves. The man told me he would have done it £100 cheaper. He charges based on a set price based the size of the lorry needed and not the items. On top of this Anyvan get 75% of the price and the actual guys who work really hard doing all the moving and upkeep of their own lorry only get 25%. Next time I move I will go straight to them and avoid the rip off prices from AnyVan.
Unhappy that originarily I had 2 vans booked but only one turned up< I was then charged an additional £211 for extra goods. They left behind a large bird bath and damaged an oil painting. The men were pleasent and helpful but were not overly careful, the motor mower was loaded upside down thereby leaking oil and causing starting issues for several days on arrival, large pictures were not wrapped in blankets as expected.
I can break this into two parts - the AnyVan experience and the driver experience. The drivers were fine although they spoke very little English and baulked (understandably) at being asked to carry boxes a reasonable distance through a pitch dark garden. I had brought this up with AnyVan before I even booked and asked if it would be possible to collect one day and deliver the next, i was told that would depend on the driver having storage and that they would be ok - they had torches! I information varied according to who you spoke to. You are certainly not assigned a personal contact. I spoke to a different person every time I called. One man insisted he would call me back before he went home - he didn't. The staff are all very pleasant but they won't volunteer information. I was told by one that I should have asked for storage in advance, not wait for the driver info, at an additional cost of £300! The price starts well but there are so many add ons! You need to read the ts and cs or you could get caught and nobody asks the pertinent questions when booking. For example they will not move things upstairs if they have not been warned in advance. You are told you will get the driver info the day before. I asked my driver if I could add some things on as advised. He said he would talk to AnyVan in the morning. If he hadn't been able to they would have reasigned drivers at - guess what - a hefty additional charge! Fat lot of good giving me the driver details the day before - the next day mine was changed anyway, along with the collection time etc. Real time tracking is a joke! So basically AnyVan don't communicate with the driver or yourself and don't offer solitions to problems until it is too late. I much preferred the old system when it worked as a comparison site and you could address your questions to the driver and not to a faceless, unknowledgeable agent who is simply going through the motions until tea time. I don't think I'd use them again.
I suggest that if you can find another affordable van service, don’t come for the one from AnyVan. Their priorities are getting you to pay and book quickly but once that is done you would have a hard time contacting them. If you don't believe me, you can try contacting them for booking and also enquiring problems/questions.. you'll see the huge difference. The person who was taking my booking claimed that I can get into the van as passenger and follow them until they drop my things off at the designated location, it was so specific to the point I discussed and told the person who was taking my booking "You don't have to count my handbag since it will be with me when I follow the van right?" then he went "Yea yea, no problem at all... Shall we proceed with the booking?" (I am sure they have recorded the call and they can refer to this part if they want to twist words or something idk). However I only found out that isn't the case at all when the driver come take up my things. The driver told me that he don't have license to fetch people but things only and they are just not allowed to have another person in the van. "Because of them wanting to quickly get you to agree to booking and pay they just say yes to everything" that's what the driver said. I was stuck at one location until I can find a transport to the drop off location myself. It was such a mess and horrible experience! Putting 2 starts because the driver did a good job handling my things and being honest about the company 'agreeing to anything but not fulfilling it just because they want money quickly.' Don’t trust their sales person’s words, it ain’t accurate.
Ok, so the website is good and booking is easy. You get a phone call to confirm the details are correct and confirm your booking, all good so far. The day of the move arrives and collection takes place, it gets to 5pm and car has not arrived so I call up to be told it cannot be delivered today (after being assured it would be same day delivery and rescheduling my workload to ensure I was home to accept delivery). Vehicle arrived at 1pm the following day!!! Called Anyvan who offered £20 for the inconvenience which frankly is an insult after being a day late delivering and causing me to have time off work at short notice. Cannot recommend based on my experience.
On the day of the move the movers thought the hallway leading to my flat was too long, called up Anyvan and demanded more cash. Anyvan subsequently called me up and demanded that I pay another £50 on-top of the almost £200 I had already paid. if i didn't pay right away, the movers, who had already started to move things until they'd heard my phone ring, wouldn't start move anything else. This had not been communicated with me beforehand. They had only asked what items to move, where they could park – right outside the main door – and how many flights of stairs there were – two. Had this been communicated on the day before when Anyvan had called, then I would've had a choice to seek out other quotes from other movers or to accept the charge. In these circumstances, when I had taken time off from work to move and had already packed, it felt very much like a shakedown. What makes it even more worrisome is that there are several other similar stories out there.
The website needs to make it clear regarding waiting time for keys. £96 for 2hrs as I was at the end of a chain. The movers were efficient and courteous.
We booked a long distance move with Anyvan. We explained from the outset that our 2 bed house was in storage in a shipping container (30 cubic metres) so we could not provide an inventory. The guy that sold us the job said it was ok and to just do a kind of dummy inventory to get the job booked. He said he would explain the situation to the movers, and book us a big enough van with a tail lift. The move was to be done over 2 days- one to load/ collect : one to travel and unload. The movers (with very limited language) turned up with one very lightweight Luton van (about 20 cubic metres) and no tail lift. The guys were fantastic and did what they could but the van was getting overloaded and just wasn’t big enough. We had to prioritise as they loaded, so as to take what we would immediately need, and put stuff back that we thought we could live without in the short term. They then revealed they didn’t know they were delivering the next day. We had to just go as everything was booked in for moving day/picking up keys etc. They did turn up the next day, thankfully. We have now had to hire a van from this end (£300) and drive a 700 mile round trip to self load and transport the stuff that was left behind. We didn’t think it was out of the way to ask Anyvan for a contribution towards this cost since our booking clearly stated that we needed a bigger van. They said they categorically don’t do that...and likened it to ordering a burger and chips that was advertised with a free coke, but the coke wasn’t available that day!!?!! Shambolic. If you want to bang your head against a customer ‘service’ brick wall, speak to them- they are obviously well practiced.
Driver turned up late due to ‘flat tyre’ honestly the van didn’t look road worthy. Headlight not working. Only took 3 quarters of the listed shipment. Broke our wooden swing seat. Unable to claim as I needed docs dating back 8 years. Spoke to customer services who explained they would investigate. Still awaiting feedbac!
Second rate people who have little or any experience in the furniture business removal. Stay well clear and use professional people to save any damage to your goods Again they are not even cowboys they are shockingly bad cowboys
The move was very quick and the lads were polite however 4 items of my furniture was damaged. Anyvan were quick to contact me and made me fill out a questionnaire for insurance claim, however then refused to take it any further because I signed for the delivery of all my stuff. The life of paper I was handed to sign was apparently for timings, this is what the guy told me! And really, what delivery man is going to wait for a signature whilst you check everything. Joke of a company and I will not recommend them to anyone. If you do have the misfortune to have already booked with them, don’t sign anything until you are sure your stuff is okay.
My daughter booked Anyvan to move up to Edinburgh from West Yorkshire on Saturday 21st September. When she booked it she was quite specific that, although there were a number of boxes, there were also quite a few miscellaneous items as well. When the two men came to pick up the furniture etc, straightaway one of them said "there are more boxes than was itemised so you will need to pay another £150 to get me to take them", which we did in cash! We were not happy with that but went along with it as we needed all the items to be moved. However, not only did the driver spend a lot of time on his phone not doing much (although the younger man did most of the moving of boxes etc on his own), but the driver then said he couldn't take any more items because they had another pick-up in Whitehaven in Cumbria and they needed the space for that. Consequently they left with plenty of space in their van without having taken all the items from my daughter's house. I would have thought that, since my daughter booked the van for her house contents that she should have been a priority rather than the two men calling elsewhere en route for somebody else. As it happened, my daughter expected them in Edinburgh around 6 pm but they didn't get to her until at least 8.30 pm (she had had to move her container to a different site because of the lateness of the delivery, although she did ring the driver and tell him that so he was aware that they had plenty of time to deliver, despite it being quite late). I am furious that, first of all we were charged another £150 in addition to what my daughter had paid for the hire of the van in the first place, and secondly that they had to go to Whitehaven en route to Edinburgh (which is quite a long detour). I won't be recommending this company to anyone as I feel it was a rip-off and we are now left with a lot of belongings of my daughter's which we now cannot get up to her in Edinburgh (we live in West Yorkshire). I must say that the younger man of the two was very helpful and did his best to get all the furniture/boxes on to the van but I am afraid the driver did very little and spent most of his time in the van on the phone and didn't help very much.
My elderly mother was due to move today and was slotted a time between 12-2pm. After check via text to driver I was informed his van was broken so a new drive would be allocated. On checking my emails this morning I found this to be correct, however no contact by phone from this driver had me a bit concerned, I text and rang driver and anyvan offices many times from 11am up until 3pm. As you can imagine it was rather unsettling for myself and my mum. When the van finally turned up at 3.10pm, the driver was very apologetic and explained reasons why he was late. The two men worked very quickly and were very professional in their work they did the job with a smile too, we were just relieved to get moving. Not sure I would book again through anyvan, felt like we were left hanging for too long.
Desided to use Anyvan for the great reviews to my cost? Made my booking 25th July, 28th July designated remover ref: Yorklee112 Robert Craven, round about 10th Aug for no apparent reason (Robert) cancelled job. I actually called Anyvan, they asked me why he cancelled, (moving foward) company said Robert had back-2-back delivery's, Anyvan, asked could I changed my removel date, or better still move in to my new home in the morning instead?? ????strange when I had exchange contract & solicitors agreed a time I could collect my house keys. After all Robert did have back-back Jobs how could he re-fit in my pre-booked delivery.
Beware if you need invoice to claim the cost !!! Nothing wrong with relocation service - "mantass "-company itself. It's issue with Anyvan which took deposit money but refused to give proper invoice - stating impossible to amend. Anyvan took 30% of booking cost in their pocket - but invoice didn't include what date is the relocation, from where to where, how much was left to pay. Second invoice from relocaiton company " Mantass " didn't also state how much was given, it showed the remaing balance. It looked like 2 seperate invoice. As the result, my employer refused to pay booking fees ( as it didn't include any other data apart from £54). Be ware or book to company directly.
Decided halfway down the stairs to disassemble the wardrobe. And then charged extra for taking longer. And then refused to discuss scuffing and paint damage because it wasnt wrapped in brown paper.
The service was ok. The mover contacted us very late, Very disappointed on the professionalism.
ANYVAN is rated 3.2 based on 1,557 reviews