ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Bad - very bad. Do not use these guys. I ordered two guys to move a sofa one story up. Simple job. The movers bashed around the sofa against the walls and doorframes, they caused extensive damages. We have recently repainted all the walls along the staircase when we did our attic conversion. We have the proof of the work. The company has refused to take responsibility for what their workers did. It's not professional. Their staff are not trained properly. It would cost a fortune to repaint the walls. Now we have to live with the horrible scratch marks, each time reminding me of their terrible job.
My experience has been DISAPPOINTING! I had a move from Italy to Germany. By a Lazio relocator PAUL Saying that the packaging material was also included, when in fact I found myself having to buy scotch, last cartons! But it was only that! Unprofessional staff who asked me for € 300 more to bring more things .. They ruined some chests of drawers, small doors and lost me a piece of the table where it could be extended and also they did not assemble the kitchen saying that they did not they managed to the last! But the worst thing to have waited for them for almost 15 days without all my things, a great discomfort! I had nothing at home, nothing at all !!!!! Without warning !!!!!! I had to call the relocator, losing my day of vacation that I had now established! I also complained to Anyan and their response was that after the contractual part they no longer have anything to do with it !! And the absolute shame is that the carrier has never sent me the receipt EVER! Therefore keeping also the part of VAT 🤬 and there is no mention of peanuts! A real disaster!!
Worst experience. Would never use this company again. When you look at the website you think you are getting professional uniformed drivers with clean company vans. Not the case. They sent one person instead of the two requested. The vans which came were dirty, the first driver was not interested in our issue and disappeared, they gave numerous promises and new time slots which were ignored. Finally turned up and they could not pick up everything they were contracted to do because they were late and we had to arrange pick-up by alternative provider. They refunded a tiny amount because they failed to arrive early but not for the inconvenience or the fact that they did not pickup or deliver everything they were contracted to. Customer services were arrogant and I was even told I was given a good deal to start with and therefore in essence should be grateful!!! I could not recommend this company to anyone.
ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS. DO NOT USE. The driver saw a dog bed on my house and said he doesn’t carry “animal things” that his van is “clean” and refused to take my items. I called customer service and they refused to give me my money back even though the driver moved absolutely nothing! They just kept my money and now I have to find a new company to actually do the move. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.
Terrible is too mild a word for AnyVan service If I could I would give them 0 stars. The worst experience ever. Please don't book with them - extremely bad business and customer service. I have booked their van to pick up my stuff. The van arrived on time - although huge for just a flatshare. When they arrived at my new place, they just told me that they cannot bring my boxes to my new flat because there is no parking on the same side of the street??!!!!! This is London, such things are rare. Furthermore, in the era of the internet, google maps and GPS they did not check if and where is parking available. The driver got fined (£110) and it took him more than 30 min to get in touch with the Anyvan. Then they finally called me to tell me that they cannot deliver my stuff because there is no parking on the same side of the street and that the drivers will just bring my things into some storage place for which I will need to pay - and when they notify me where it is and when I pay for the storage, then I can take my stuff. WHAAAAT??? simply unbelievable. They even told me that a customer needs to arrange parking (and btw my building is a newly built and many people got their stuff delivered without any problems) - which is not true because when I called them to ask for that they told me that all is OK and I should not worry (that conversation with the Anyvan agent was taped). So basically, they took my money and they wanted to drop my stuff into some bad storage who knows where and at which price and leave me to deal with that. Luckily a man living in my building arrived and told the drivers that they can park in front of our garage to unload my things and that he will help them (so, the drivers had parked at the wrong place). The drivers did not want to do that until I paid £110 for their parking ticket and then just unloaded my stuff on the ground floor and did not bring them to my flat. They even told me that I should have mentioned that the garage doors are not tall enough for such a van. Again WHAT - nobody even asked me anything about that when they were taking my money. Terrible. Awful company. If you want to waste your money, lose your stuff and then carry it by yourself - only then booked Anyvan.
Booked an Anyvan removal as per recommendation of Ebay seller. Did a bit of quick research and saw the high reviews on Trustpilot so decided to go ahead with the move. Pricing was in the ball park of general man in a van type services and as it seemed it was a fully fledged company all seemed to be ok. Collection went ahead for my two items and then the driver did other jobs (which i don't have an issue with) but eventually when my items were delivered, one was broken during transit as it didn't look like it had been secured in the van properly and the leg was broken off of the piece of furniture. Both the driver and I took photos and he said to call Anyvan to report it as there is insurance in place and he left. I called Anyvan as soon as i got in the house and reported it. I received an email the next day asking for all the details which i promptly returned the same day along with pictures of the damage.. I have been calling constantly for the last two weeks trying to get an update and just being told every time that they are trying to get hold of the transport provider to "mediate".. After doing more investigation I found that Anyvan just subcontract all the work out to man in the van people which is misleading because all the images on their website show branded vans and people with branded shirts and jackets etc.. Only when you dig around the website do you see that they mention some "transport providers" don't have branding.. So now i have to sit and wait with a broken piece of furniture, a customer services team that don't really have customer service at mind and still no idea what is going to happen with my claim or anything.. Last update, “we are still trying to get hold of the driver..” but no doubt, that driver is still taking Anyvan jobs!! There is no timeframe as to when this will get sorted out, I just have to sit and wait.. Its absolutely ridiculous how bad the service is from Anyvan! Quick to take your money but wet tar moves faster when you try and get anything done as in this case! Rather look for another moving company that doesn’t subcontract work out otherwise rent a van yourself and save the possible stress if something goes wrong!! **Update** Apart from taking forever to get back to me, this is part of the response i have received: "Despite our Terms of Use being clear that AnyVan are not liable for damage, we can, in certain situations, decide that a goodwill gesture is appropriate. In light of this, I would like to offer you £100.00 by way of an apology for the issues you have encountered." So for all their boast of £50k insurance, and with their business being moving of goods, apparently damage while moving is not covered... Great company this is! Steer clear everyone of this sham company! I am going to be posting this on every single review site that i can find! Oh, and by the way, it clearly states in their insurance T&C's on their website that they do cover damage during moving! So i am fighting them on this!! Hey Anyvan, what is your response to this now???
The two men came to remove a sofa bed from my flat. They ended up making a hole in the wall and damaging the bannisters. They asked me to sign to say the delivery had been made and what they were actually making me sign was a damage liability waiver! Therefore I have been totally conned by this company who not only have damaged my property but now do not acknowledge any of my responses. Are actually fraudsters working under the guise of a professional company!
Paid for premium packing service. Unfortunately they took this to mean "just chuck the stuff in boxes". Lots of damaged items and customer service blamed us as apparently their contractors didn't know that you can't just put a pile of glass items in a box without them breaking. Apalling.
Dreadfull service. Rude workers, damage to items.
Do not use this company. I was moving from my flat and placing my furniture into storage whilst I moved. I thought the service questionable initially as I was moving my stuff into storage with two men helping me when they said that that was everything and it was only as I had moved things into the unit and had left a room at the front for my almost brand new tv. When I asked them they got my tv was which they had left downstairs on the trolley. Months later when moving into my new house I realised that my whole Laura Ashley wrought iron bed base was missing. I phoned any van and they had no sympathy at all and said I had signed to say that the service had been completed. Obviously my bed frame had been left on the Van and the dishonest/ lazy men had probably dumped it rather than return it! The service can only be compared to that of the chuckle brothers but just not funny!!!
All anyvan cares about is taking your money, then they become extremely lackadaisical in sending you any information ( emails & test ) about your move. Imagine a collection I booked since Tuesday for today Thursday, and I’ve got no text or emails about the collection. This is so they can show up and find no one around, then they collect another 50% to reschedule. To avoid that, I called them myself to let them know I haven’t gotten a time slot or any information about my move. The customer service sounded surprised and said emails were sent, but I got nothing. This happened twice and I had to pay 50% to reschedule because the only other option is to cancel without refund. They refused to accept they are at fault for not sending a text as they said they would. The customer service is so terrible, they kept arguing they sent a text, I asked to speak to a supervisor, they claimEd to book a call and I will get his call since last Sunday, this is Thursday and no one called! Liars and thieves! A move of £36 is now over £80. Just terrible! I will never used their terrible service anymore.
Stay well away from they will rip you off big time. They never tell you the truth till the last minute when it's to late. The customer service is like talking to robots. Please stay well away there is not even any leeway with the price. THEY ARE A JOKE CON ARTIST COMPANY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.
Shambles. Scam artists. Do not use this company. Paid AnyVan to collect a bed I had purchased on EBay. Received a call from call centre who stated that the driver had been to the address and no one was in, therefore I had to pay an extra £50 for another collection or lose all the money I had already paid them, in excess of £100. Rang the seller, who was outraged as he had been on standby at the address the whole time. I had also left instructions for the driver to ensure that he calls the seller prior to arrival. The seller did not receive a call from the driver. Later in the day another driver collected the bed. Immediately after collection I received an email from the seller saying that the drivers collecting did not used any protection at all, i.e sheets. When they arrived the beds were filthy, covered in mud and marks. I appealed to customer services as the driver had not turned up to the collection address and not called the seller. I spoke with an obtuse, smug representative who refused to accept my claims that the driver hadn't turned up or called, despite this being supported by the seller, plus proof from the transportation department that no call had been made. When I asked to speak with his manager he refused, and would not give me an email address for him either. The whole experience was bizarre and upsetting. The men delivering the bed told me the the driver had been making his way to the collection address when he arrived at an uneven road and decided that he didn't want to drive up it. So instead of letting anyone know he just cancelled the job and told HQ that no one was in. So I paid close to £150 to a company who botched their job, ruined my furniture and then treated me like a liar. Thanks guys. If you're going to use AnyVan keep your fingers crossed that they don't mess it up - because the customer service centre will stitch you up. Edit: I have been in regular contact with AnyVan since our transaction and they have steadfastly denied and refused to admit any fault in the face of two peoples accounts (one being the paying customers) of negligence. AnyVan are currently "investigating" the issue. By Investigating I mean asking for every minute detail - photos, copies of emails relating to the transaction....I provided them with photos - they asked for photos of the item 'before ' I bought it (!!!) I provided them with the photos from the seller - they asked for photos of the soiled item post-delivery which I supplied them with. Then a few days later they emailed me asking for the photos to be re sent WITH time stamps on!!!! These guys will weasel out of any complaint put their way. I had used AnyVan a few weeks before this and the transaction went fine - the drivers even called the person to make sure they were on the right street. Can't believe they're treating me like this!
Received a text at 2.30pm stating the driver was on route to collect sofas. At 4pm no collection had been made (drop off stated would be between 3.19-4.19pm) contacted the driver who said he was 10 minutes away. At 6.20pm there was still no update from the company and no collection made. Appalling service . Will never use this company again.
One of the worst experiences of my life. I received a quote for moving my home which seemed competitive but I deeply regret not paying more for a professional company. It’s a scam because you send them an approximate list on line but I defy anyone to know to the last box what’s involved. You accept the quote and pay up front but from the minute they arrive with a van which is conveniently too small for the job the list is being ticked and you realise too late what you have paid for is not a house removal but a part load. I am a lady of a certain age and found myself stranded with furniture and items they refused to load meanwhile the buyers of my house were waiting to move in.. Eventually my son called their so called Boss and paid them half as much again to move my house hours later than scheduled The drivers were not able to speak English well enough to explain or negotiate Everything was then thrown in at the last minute and was damaged and knocked by people who couldn’t care less Avoid Avoid
A big Warning if considering Anyvan.com If you are moving furniture or items long distance your items are likely to be part of several loads that particular driver is doing that day and they will be loaded with other people's goods. In itself this is not a problem but it significantly increases the chance that something can go wrong Your goods are extremely unlikely to be collected then delivered by the shortest route. Because drivers have a schedule they seem to stick to ridiculously tightly and they will load as much aspossible you are likely to see yout tracked items going from Maidstone down to Brighton to Reading to London then Nottingham to Penrith to Glasgow to Motherwell to Edinburgh when the obvious route is just onto the M25,A1 and Edinburgh. They are also likely to be unloaded from one van, stored and then loaded onto another van with yet more peoples goods. Again, in itself these do not make Anyvan rubbish but they also increase the chances of something going wrong. The drivers seem to be outsourced to another company reducing the control you or Anyvan have over them. Again, in itself these do not make Anyvan rubbish but they also increase the chances of something going wrong The drivers are in my experience not that intelligent, by chance happen to be not so conversant in english and in one part of my experience deviously attempted to clak that they had delivered everything when one rather large piece of furniture had manifestly not been  Again, in itself these do not make Anyvan rubbish but they also increase the chances of something going wrong Their customer service callcentre are not much use and try to fob you off into negotiating with the drivers as to when your stolen items can be returned rather than chasing it up themselves and making serious efforts to push them to put something right. For example when a large piece in my order had been delivered to a house in the east midlands they were happy to believethe driver was going to the door and not finding anyone in-as though that on its ownwas sufficiently serious attempts to retrieve something all the calamitous nature of their delivery made practically inevitable ( something going "missing"). It took a lot of phoning, several times being "accidentally" cut off and then no call being answered for ages and a crime report to the Metropolitan Police (their main office is in London) before they got their act together and started taking the need to do something seriously. So would I use them again. Absolutely Not. Do not touch them unless you are content for things to go missing and you have to make all the effort to get them back. A seriously poor service and a threat to the security and undamaged condition of your goods and a customer service which is shamelessly mendacious. At the last minute they will also try to change your order with some rubbish about their driver having "viehicle problems" when they just dont fancy taking the job Disgraceful company
I wish there is a option for negative rating -- as there is nothing I am choosing 1 star. However, my performance experience with this company does not deserve any star but should learn to take responsibility for the damage caused !!!!!!! Well, after my review if anyone from Anyvan asking for booking ref or they will look in to this comments -- Pls note that, I have already spent enough time, energy and efforts. Your team has standard robotic responses which looks like they are scripted. You guys do not believe customers and backing up the Drivers who have taken away by box and caused the damage is very disappointing. I personally tried to reach the driver who has blocked by number knowing that I might call him asking for the missing box. I really hope and pray to god KARMA will hit both drivers back VERY HARD !! They will suffer for sure. Same goes for the company who does not value customer experience and do not take responsibility for the damage it has caused ! One of the terrible experience of my lifetime. I would not even think or this company for consideration in future for myself or any of my family/friends.
Avoid at all costs - total con and rip off - seek alternatives Did not provide the service required, did not provide any refund, left me in the lurch completely! Trustpilot good reviews are fakes. I believe the majority of the good reviews are fakes by the company themselves, there are enough bad reviews showing what the company is REALLY like. SCAM artists - avoid if you can! If you deal with them you will regret it.
AnyVan driver dropped and smashed a valuable piece of furniture. It had also not been padded during transport and had many surface scratches. The driver became threatening when I pointed out he had caused the damage - he tried to deny it despite the CCTV footage. AnyVan do not provide any insurance or cover for damages and I have not been properly compensated for the loss of a lovely piece or the trauma of being threatened. AnyVan customer service are dishonest and incompetent.
We booked a 4 bedroom house removal for 28.0 - 31.0 cubic meters of items to be moved for a 10am – noon pick up slot. We called days in advance to be sure a van or vans large enough move our items in one trip would be provided as with our move we were selling/buying on the same day. We were reassured by Anyvan this would be the case. Here are some lowlights from the service we received: • We had to chase our driver when they didn’t arrive between 10-noon. • They told us then they would be an hour late. When the driver turned on their tracker they were over 2.5 hours drive away. • The transport partner were not based locally and were based and completing work that morning in Essex, (we are in the Midlands). • They eventually arrived at just before 3pm. 5 – 3 hours late. At the point we started loading we were squatting in someone else’s house for two hours. • The van was a 3.5 ton Luton van – half the capacity which was required and one I could have hired myself for a fraction of the price. • They could not fit our items in one load we had to do two trips. This is clear from anyvan’s own guide on "What Size Removals Van Do I Need?" (on their website this site won't allow me to link to it directly). The van we received standard 3.5 ton luton is quoted as having a capacity of 16 cubic meters (600 cubic feet). Remember their own estimate was our items were 28.0 – 31.0 meters. • The van had clearly not been safety checked. Every warning light illuminated on the dashboard. • Our buyer was livid and is still threatening legal action – we were in their property and did not vacate until gone 6pm. Their own removal service is charging them due to Anyvan’s disruption. We finished unloading at around 7:20pm. • Our buyer began moving items into their new home, Anyvan providers managed to pack up some of there items and transport to our new property, we had to return these at our own cost. • Anyvan have not provided any answers to why the van was half capacity ordered or why they were late. Total failure to take any responsibility in a job that clearly went very wrong. • Anyvan state they cannot share conclusions from “internal investigations” as to what went wrong. • We paid £580, we’ve quite rightly been offered £15 as a “gesture of goodwill”. We are yet to take them up on this generous offer and will be seeking to recoup costs through other means. My advice… avoid like the plague. If you think Anyvan are competitively priced it’s not worth the risk. Move yourself or pay the premium for a proper professional company, not these chancers. They do not deliver what they promise. Their convenient platform they believe absolves them of any accountability, liability or responsibility to their customers.
ANYVAN is rated 3.22 based on 619 reviews