ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Do not use they sub contract out. Cannot be trusted, cancelled the booking saying there had been a mix up with dates and that they could no longer do it. They have since taken full amount out of my bank account 5days before due date and have denied ever calling! Warning don't use them!!
Abs awful company not the drivers as they are self employed but the company themselves rip you off - STAY AWAY
Terrible moving services.

My delivery services was booked from 10-1pm. The driver and assistance arrived at 9.30 ahead of schedule. Everything was packed and ready to go.

Shortly after 10, and half way through moving the stuff, they said t’s too many stuff and that they are running late for their other delivery. They refused to take the bed frame down the stairs (which my friend and I had to do), any more boxes, and told me that if I wanted to move the stuff I’ll have to book another service with them (AnyVan).

Obviously this made no sense and I already paid, I still had almost 3 hours left on my allotted slot. I was moving 5 min drive away.

They destroyed some really expensive plants in the process, and was downright rude, and refused to take anymore boxes even when we brought it to the truck ourselves. They drove off leaving us standing there with the boxes.

I had to borrow a friend’s car to finish moving stuff myself.

Never again.
Paid over £400 for Anyvan to move me from one first floor flat to another first floor five minutes up the road. A contactless move given Coronavirus restrictions, although when they arrived I pointed out shelving units to take and shelving units to leave behind as they belonged in my old place. Could hear the guys from the other room banging and dropping including a guitar which obviously makes a distinctive noise when dropped. On the other side everything was dumped in a room - not put into the correct room as I had booked for. Understandable on a couple of things but it was all a mess They’d also moved the shelves that needed to stay at the property and subsequently couldn’t fit the ones they were supposed to take in their van. I had to pay another van service £100 to do a same day move back and forth to resolve. Found a huge gouge out of a wooden bed frame, chipped head on my guitar, scratches and bad chips to a wooden chest of drawers, electrical equipment not working, dented metal baskets which had obviously been chucked around... the list goes on. Utterly careless, I thought perhaps taking advantage of the contactless situation but reading these other reviews I see I’m not alone in receiving this appalling service Have escalated with the company, sent a load of pictures, screenshots of receipts and as much info as possible but my claim apparently doesn’t hold merit because their partner says they did everything right. Interesting that isn’t it! Absolute joke of a company who take no responsibility as they operate as a agency. It’s total lottery whether you get someone decent moving you and let’s be honest, a reputable company would have no need to seek new clients via this agency. I thought I’d be saving about £100 by using this service, but between paying the extra van, replacing and repairing what I can and the hassle of moving heavy boxes and furniture between rooms I’m out of pocket. Terrible service, avoid at all costs
The driver and the service itself were great - no complaints there. What was disappointing was that AnyVan, despite telling us that we could edit the details of our load until a certain point before the pick-up time, charged us a huge and entirely unfair surcharge. None of the customer service reps was able to explain this, and it remains unclear whether there was simply a huge penalty or whether it was the change in the load that caused the price to surge (and in fact double). The size of the load did not really change, not did the load time - but AnyVan's algorithms came to a very different conclusion. Effectively, we switched from a few large boxes to a larger number of small boxes, so this may even have made loading easier.

What I am particularly disappointed by is that the problem only became apparent at a point when we were in no position to look for an alternative provider. Combined with the poor customer service the whole thing felt like a deliberate way of putting the customer in a tight spot with misleading device and then ripping them off when they have no option of backing out of the transaction. The follow-up customer service experience was fairly disappointing, too, and I never really got the feeling that AnyVan had understood how badly they had got it wrong, and how unethical their behaviour is.

I will never use AnyVan again, and I will continue to advise anyone I talk to against using them.
Name: R Cottis
Booking number: AV 6384104

Do NOT use if you wish to have expensive items moved. They have destroyed my £1300 electric reclining sofa and accept no responsibility for the damage as there was no evidence of it working immediately before hand. Terrible service.

I chose to use Anyvan based on a personal recommendation, to move a £1300 reclining sofa across the road from 4th floor flat to flat. I was initially surprised at the price of £149 which was high considering they would not even need to use the van (as it was a 30 metre walk). What I did not realise at the start, which they should make much more clear, is that the company Anyvan are agents and will assign a ‘bloke with a van’ to your removal. I guess your experience of this company depends on which ‘bloke with a van’ you get. The people with vans are all self employed and the van which turned up was white, and had no company logos on it. This is important to know as if there are problems, Anyvan wash their hands of everything and simply pass on your emails/phone calls to the ‘bloke with the van’ and it is up the them if they accept liability/responsibility or not. I later found out that in the ‘terms’ which you accept when you place your order, demotes you of any power when it comes to resolving issues.

My sofa was moved into the new apartment (due to being in isolation I could not keep my eye on them). After the workmen were moaning about how much they get paid from Anyvan, I decided to tip them £30 – I regretted this later. After they had left I realised the end of the sofa was badly damaged on one end, and the switch which controls the electric recliner was broken and it no longer worked. There is damage to the switch, wires and possibly motor. To damage it this badly it must have been dropped/stood up on its end with force, or spun on its end with all the weight on the switch. Absolutely no care was taken.

I instantly reported this to Anyvan with pictures of the damage and a video of the reclining function not working – expecting them to send an engineer or arrange for a spare parts or something?! I received a reply the following day stating, the men with the van accept no liability for the damage as there is no evidence of the condition/functionality before the removal. I then sent a picture, with proof of the date taken, of the sofa fully reclined 2 weeks before the removal, which I thought would prove the functionality. No still the same answer. After several emails back and forward I realised I was getting absolutely nowhere. I was and still am infuriated.

I now have to organise an engineer to see if it can fixed, which will be pricey, then buy the parts needed for the motor.

It is ridiculous that Anyvan ask the men with the van if they accept liability. If there is damage, liability should be forced upon them if they are representing their company. Or Anyvan should take some responsibility for their shoddy, heavy handed workers. I am now also assuming any sort of damage to any furniture would go through the same process – Why would they accept liability?! Unless there is evidence of the condition of the furniture on the same day. Even then I’m sure they would make excuses to get out of paying for any damages.

To sum it up I paid £149 for 2 blokes with a white van to destroy my £1500 sofa.

Oh, they did refund me £20 for the inconvenience.
I am really unhappy with the service of this company. Me and my wife are both medical professionals and my wife is A&E specialised and is extremely busy due to this national emergency with COVID-19. Both are extremely busy trying to fight this national disaster with all other health care professionals and fighting a battle everyday of our life, not only that we’re being parents to our 3 years old boy who doesn’t know that mummy and daddy are trying their best to help others. To pit others in the loop me and my wife paid £89 for a delivery of a 2 seater Sofa but we had to cancel due to us being called into work and being asked to do over time with the national crisis going on. Me and my wife hen a duty to help other so we said yes. So my wife tried to call the customer service to cancel but couldn’t get threw so asked me to try and cancel and get our money back. I then got I touch with one of the team to then be told that I could not get my £89 as there is no refund if you cancel? I then as kiss if I could speak to a manager to whom I will get a call back the next day!!!!!!. 3 days later I called back and asked agin if I could speak to a manager, to their reply I will get a call back ASAP? 2hrs later I got a call back from a manager who had no empathetic understanding and was quite argumentative and Would not let me speak and say my part. He offered me”as a good will gesture” 25% of my money back, which works out as only £20,24. To my reply to you realise that my wife as saving life’s everyday and also seeing people die everyday due to this national pandemic and that £89 is a lot of money to us and to anyone. To his reply..... sorry that's company policy.....I have no word for this company as we’re honest working class people trying to make a difference in life and ti the word and this company can’t even do the rite thing and refund us for going into work in this national crisis. It’s beyond me. Thanks people for reading this. I hope you think twice about booking up with this company. Because If you want to be a good person and try make a difference in the world then this company will not refund you a penny. Thanks.
The worst experience I ever had. The driver was meant to arrive at 6pm around 5pm I took everything out my house just to make things easier for them, have tried several times to contact the driver during the day but never managed to speak with him even if i had his number, I contact the office a few times as well and they told me that my driver is booked for 6 pm and they will let the driver know that I have tried to contact him and he will call me a soon is possible...... the driver never come back to me ..... around 7:40 I have managed to speak with someone from office telling me that my driver had some problems and another driver will come around 9pm.... finally the 2nd driver pick up the phone and confirm to me that he will definitely come but will be a bit past 9pm. He arrived around 10pm.
I’ve been outside from 5pm to 10pm and no one even apologise for that.
Stay away from this company!
I’ll never use this service again and you should do the same!
DO NOT USE - advertise as a removal service, but the people that run it are disingenuous, forms are misleading and their set up means they are aways looking to squeeze more cash out of you after the job has started. The guys doing the lifting I can't fault and will be going to them directly for my next move... Anyvan, your customer service is a disgrace, your associates deserve more professionalism from you.
WORST SERVICE EVER
I spoke to a man named dale or something like that and we agreed on pricings based on transport and I paid beforehand other than the weekly payments. They came to my place later than they said they would and they got upset because of an error they made on their side. This was they put 2 instead of 3 drawers, which I found quite unnecessary plus their prices for transport delivery are outrageous and unstable. not to mention the unprofessionalism I encountered while talking to their team. I spent over £1500 for just 3 months including transport. NEVER AGAIN!!!
DO NOT USE BE WARNED.
They are a con they left stuff of my booking and when I phoned to tell them they said I had to pay for each item.
Then the driver wouldnt wait for the completion of keys Anyvan said I had to pay 48 pounds an hour or they will take my stuff to storage and charge me 50 pounds a day and they were most unhelpful with moving dates all they wanted was More money .
They dismantle the table but not assemble , my table was so heavy that now i cannot assemble myself.
Called the delivery driver four times to confirm delivery time at 10:30am. Delivery driver guaranteed for 10:30am arrival and arrived at 9:30am. As our estate agents could only give us the keys at 11am, we told them to wait. They decided to leave and return at 3pm. They returned at 4:30 (1.5 hours late), and picked up only half the items on the inventory.

When I called customer service to complain, 2 hours later, I have spoken to 3 different people and still have no idea when the rest of my items will be delivered.

Absolutely dreadful service. Would not recommend.
This company should be closed down. They are an absolute disgrace and I really don’t want to give them 1 star it should be minus 100
Used them to move furniture and belongings from Uk to Spain. We now find ourselves nearly £10,000 out of pocket. All my husbands Bose items have been stolen, along with iPads Curve TV and clothes. The items that were delivered are damaged my Italian leather sofa is ripped £4K my white furniture has been trod on and everything is filthy and damaged. 3 weeks later AnyVan have wiped their hands of the problem. Saying it’s nothing to do with them. I am going to trading standards this company should be shut down they are a bunch of cowboys
I lost£109 because the seller was not in so I didn't get the item I'm a 79 year disabled lady and that money was a lot to me no customer service at all would not recommend to anyone
Very unprofessional service, engaged them to collect a bookcase and supplied a picture for them. Turned up at my house without the shelves. Essentially, they have washed there hands of it."Not our fault" so sort it yourselves! Absolutely diabolical.
DO NOT USE THEM.
I used this service because the website states that your move is insured - I thought this made it worth paying the extra money rather than just using someone with a van or hiring a van and moving myself.

The driver lost a supporting beam for my table in the move. When I contacted the company about this, they said they would get back in touch and it took a full month of me chasing them for them to finally tell me that my items were only insured if the driver stole the entire contents of my move or if the van set on fire and all items were destroyed - apparently individual items aren't covered.

I'm obviously shocked by this policy and now have to replace a full table that cost me £325 because the driver has lost a beam that it is useless without.

I work from home and not having my table for a month has been extremely inconvenient. If I had been told this policy in the first place when I first complained, I would have looked at replacing my table sooner rather than waiting for a month to be told they won't be taking any action.

It's particularly frustrating, as the driver claimed the beam was never there and that they moved the table in two parts. The table was actually moved in six parts, with the driver delivering five of the six parts, so their story clearly isn't true. I understand that drivers must move a lot of items and probably don't remember specific items from individual moves, but it's clear that Anyvan's policies remove responsibility for lost items from their shoulders if they simply say they never saw an item or deny it even existed. Of course, nobody is going to admit they lost an item if they know they can simply deny having ever seen it, so it's not great for the customer.

All in all, I'm really disappointed and have lost £325 due to the driver's negligence and dishonesty and the company's unfair policies.
I never leave negative reviews but on this occasion, I have to. The worst experience ever. Don’t use them AT ANY COST!!!! I booked two men with a van a few days before. The website is difficult to go through as you need to put everything single item, some items didn’t even feature in the website for the user to click. It is hard to tell days before how many boxes and items! So I put plenty, as an approximate to make sure it covers the whole amount and was expecting for them to review and ask for am extra fee. The movers said three of the boxes were too heavy to carry, and I had too many things. They talked to their boss who said it was to their discretion to take the full amount (they said they might not be enough space. It was a lie as it was huge) I made it very clear I was furious and lost my temper. Anyvans reaction was just outrageous. I would have been happy to pay more but that was not an option. My partner and I helped in the hope to put as many items as possible, so it was 4 of us carrying. They just took what they thought was fair and strictly what was ticked on the website (although two of us he lied when only two of them were meant to carry) and left me behind with 30 mins to find another van as the next tenant was moving in. I had to rent a van (when I had never driven a van). I was so furious and stressed, I scratched a car by mistake. That cost me an excess of £1000. Very expensive move and the most stressful ever. Would they have been a little more understanding and caring, none of this would have happened. Moving out is one of the most stressful experience and no one should be left behind like that when the van actually has space. disgraceful
Scratches on my furniture after dragging not lifting the top section of my display cabinet. The two removal men were told 3 times to lift the top but this was totally ignored. I informed the company before the furniture was moved to the destination point. I thought at the time that something would be done - not likely. I have sent photos of the damage and basically it's my word against the transport provider NOT Anyvan. Although the men said they couldn't see any damage until the top was removed, that was because they weren't there. The top sits back from the base so there is a 2 inch gap (where some of the scratches has been caused). Don't think that you are dealing with Anyvan, they have just made themselves a middle man! I even provided a duvet to protect my furniture whilst it was in transit. Avoid this shambles of a company like the plague if you value your property!
Moved within London
this is a negative feedback about my experience with anyvan.
It was booked for yesterday at 1pm (they already said that the window will be between 1 and 3 pm).
After 2 i started checking the ETA and every half an hour there was an update about delay on top of delays.
Eventually, they called me at 5pm telling me that my driver had a problem with the tyre and they proposed to do the service another day.
There was no potion for me becuase i had to move that day.
So, they called another driver that came after almost an hour and half.
So, the total delay was of more than 6 hours.
Today i write a complaint and the only thing the proposed was a ridiculous 10 pounds of refund.
I replied telling them that for 6 hours, plus the incovenient of the saturday evening and all the additional cost afforded it was not enough.
They replied to my email saying in a very fake polite way, that the amount proposed was the only thing they will do.
ANYVAN is rated 3.17 based on 648 reviews