ANYVAN Reviews

59% of reviewers recommend ANYVAN

About ANYVAN: AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Categories:
Business & Office
Business Services

Click Here

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Over a week
customer service
"They keep stealing. Anyvan, leave me alone. Your drivers here are disgusting. If anyones thinking about going with these, then DON'T. Do not let them in your home. Do not give them your address. They WILL take advantage of you. I have had money stolen!"
"Avoid.. booked them to remove one single item which they had all the details.. 2 guys showed up and they said they cannot move it and charged us double to move the item.. stay clear.."
"They text me that they will arrive 8-10am. They claimed they gave me a miss call and came to my door at 8:15. I received a missed call from a withheld number. I was at home the whole time and my buzzer did not ring nor did anyone knock my door. My house is quiet due to having a sleeping baby, so anyone outside I can hear. Also being a serviced apartment with a gate, they should have been able to reach me from reception. The driver appear to have only given me missed call. I chased at 8:45am. AnyVan said they have sent the driver away to another job. AnyVan say I can either cancel and lose my £151 or rebook with another 50% cost. With multiple calls to them, they didn't want to listen and resolve the situation. A move like mine is normally 2 hours hence the £151 price. So they instead gave me for that price a missed call and 15 minutes wait. I certainly feel scammed."
"On the 3rd of September, I had the displeasure of using this company. Avoid this service at any cost! I booked a house removal, paid £180 pounds for it and on the day of the removal 2 guys turn up and tell me they can't take all my items because they have other jobs. I then call their customer service who were the most useless and unfriendly bunch of people I have ever encountered and they told me I needed to book an additional removal team but this time based on time. I ended up paying £180 for the first team (who took half my stuff) plus £250 for 3 hours for the second team. Both teams took half of my stuff and arrived both at the same time at the destination address (my new house). Ridiculous! They didn't allow me to cancel one of the teams, didn't refund me on anything and the whole thing cost me over £400... Find a real removal company, don't use these guys they are absolutely horrible!!"
"Deleting reviews, I wouldn't 't trust anything you see! after leaving this review for one of their drivers, I log on to find its been removed, I wouldn't trust anything you see on here as they clearly doctor their reviews... Here was my review of one of their so-called "Anyvan Accredited Gold Movers": Company quoted me for 600kg and half a van around a week and a half before I was due to move, I was told would be picking up between Wednesday and Friday, after several emails and trying to go over their heads contacting Anyvan for them to contact me with regards to an exact date and or time, I finally heard late Tuesday afternoon that it would be being picked up the next day! I literally had to rush to unpack my whole house within 1 day due to serious lack of notice! Fast forward to the day of collection, I a polish guy, I assume came, who didn't speak too much English with a girl. He looked at my stuff and kept saying it seems like 800kg. Despite paying greatly for this service, I had thought to speed things up by literally moving almost everything except for sofa and fridge, freezer and washing machine into the front room off the street. The girl did next to nothing, the guy kept having breaks every half hour, they would disappear into the van without a word, leaving me in limbo. As the half van started to fill up, I noticed he wasn't using the full size of the half of the van I had paid for height wise and I had to tell him and direct him how to stack the items up so they were efficient as possible. Eventually, the guy left, but this wasn't the worst part. The next day I received a call claiming that my load was "exactly 1200kg" or 1 full van load and they wanted to double the price I had paid, despite me carefully calculating the load I estimated I could have been 100-200kg out, not 600kg! They had me over a Barrell, after showing me some possible doctored video footage, who knows whether they had added additional weights on the truck hidden underneath? I had to pay the extra in cash to the driver so they could avoid VAT? The man I spoke to also had the cheek to tell me the driver had said I hadn't helped out much, despite me having already essentially done their job by moving everything already into the front room for easy access and helping with most of the stuff onto the van! On the day of my arriving in Spain, the driver came later than expected with everything seemingly intact apart from quite a few dirty marks on our bed mattress and headboards. We lived in a 2nd-floor apartment as I'd written on the quote, The man seemed to stay on the van and just move things around, doing nothing whilst he waited for us to bring stuff up, the girl lifted a few things to the apartment. I could tell they were both super unfit and really should be in a less active style job as at one point walking up the stairs with a washing machine the guy looked like he was going to have a heart attack! Overall I and my petite wife ended up doing most of the work, every time I came back down to the van to collect I would see them sitting or slouching looking very tired and disappearing, I assume for a cigarette. Overall I was very dissatisfied with the company, especially having seen one with such good reviews, maybe using a different driver, or just maybe a large tv delivered? I definitely wouldn't recommend this company at all, through every step of the process I find it's been very unprofessional and tbh they don't deserve to be rated by Anyvan. So if you want a van with hidden charges, lack of communication and very lazy drivers who barely help and look like they are going to keel over from exhaustion at any moment then maybe this is the company for you?"
"To call these people cowboys would be an insult to real cowboys turned up in a tatty Luton van with the front bumper hanging off playing ultra loud music smoking, fag butts left on the drive I had to tell them to turn the music off as it would upset other residents. Not a good first impression one pretended not to speak English at first. Right from the off it was clear they didn’t want to be there. They proceeded to load some items then got stuck with the sofa at the front door. This is when I realised that instead of paying £500 for professional removal men I had been lumbered with two witless morons. This is when I informed them I was calling any van to complain. The first person I spoke with at any van was no use at all promised to speak to the company and sort it out and call me back. That never happened. What did happen was that these guys boss called me I told him what I thought of his employees and their unprofessional attitude, he said he’d speak to them kept calling me mate and had absolutely zero customer service skills. By this time I am in full panic mode so I call any van back and talk to Tony on customer service, Tony is an absolute star he offered solutions over the phone so I could remove the front door to get the sofa out, solutions which I would have expected the so called professional men they had sent to offer. Tony saved the day but that didn’t make up for the lack of professional standards or attitude from the two removal men. The van they bought had just a dirty worn floor to which the soft furnishings were unceremoniously up ended on and to add insult to injury was not large enough to get all our belongings in and some had to be left behind, it’s a good job we weren’t moving far away and this despite being charged almost £500 for this service. Off load was slightly better as I sensed they saw the end of the tunnel. However after they had scarpered I noticed damage to a chest of drawers and a king size mattress all in all a terrible experience. I selected any van because of the trust pilot reviews however if any van want to maintain their brand status they need to check their contractors standards and practices as this particular company fall well short of any professional standards and any form of customer service. Please please do not subject any more of your customers to this terrible company"
"Dreadful experience never again only use if you want to be cancelled last minute.. warning ⚠️ if you book weeks or months inadvance does not mean it will happen even when you have paid for a service stay well clear"
"Used them twice. First time no problem at all. Second time, the drivers refused to park the van just 300 meters away from my property and started unloading my furniture in the street. After all my stuff was (thrown) in the street, I asked them to park the van ang get my stuff in my flat as I have paid extra to get it to the 2nd floor. They simply refused saying that they weren't paid to walk 300 meters. So they just left me in the street with all my furniture. Customer service was very rude, saying that its my fault because I didn't notify them that the parking was far from the property. No refunds yet, still didn't figure out how to sue them in the best way, but will definitely do. AVOID THEM!!!"
"I wrote a review of them in trustpilot and they reported me...im gonna ask my 1000 friends to review them so that public could be aware of the scam they are....they left me stranded in middle of night with whole of my luggage outside and the whole day they kept on saying the driver is on his way...i was arranged for 5 pm and they kept on saying the driver will come until at 9 pm they said they couldn't arrange for my driver..please please refrain from getting service from them because they will leave you on ur own...please check the internet it's full of people who were scammed by them...do your research you ll know..."
"Hired a van for my sister to move her goods from Lincoln to Sheffield. There were 2 men who then carried out the removal. I am very disappointed, frustrated beyond belief as well as very concerned. My sister has learning difficulties and the men who carried out the removal (on behalf of AnyVan) were aware of this. Since completing the removal they have contacted my sister on a number of occasions to (arrange a visit) to her property to check everything is OK and wanted to meet with my sister at her new address. Despite contacting the removal men they were unable to give a reason for why they have contacted my sister directly and why they need to visit her in her home. Obviously worried, I contacted AnyVan customer service to express my concern and they informed me that they were unwilling to speak with me despite me being the person who booked, arranged and paid for the removal. Please if you are considering this company and the so called service they provide, I would consider NOT doing so... as they clearly do not care, after receiving payment and taking our complaint seriously. We are so unhappy with their lack of service that we will now be contacting the police to hopefully resolve the issue as men who work / represent AnyVan are not to be trusted. They were also 5 hours late from their original meeting time but that is now insignificant since they want to take advantage of a vulnerable adult. Please be mindful of using this company!!!!!!!!"
"Avoid Anyvan! Please read under their terms and conditions they are not responsible for lost or damaged property. I had an ordeal the second time I used their service and my furniture was damaged. Nobody was liable for it at the end and I lost my money."
"Please avoid Anyvan! We have used twice, first time not problems at all, second time the van and two men did not show up then Anyvan appointed another two men 3 hours later and they damaged my wardrobe while putting it apart, additionally one piece of the wardrobe was missing. Anyvan denied everything after I complained and under their terms and conditions they are not liable for damage or lost property as they are only the intermediary between you and the trader. Later on I find out that I could not take Anyvan to court as my contract was with the two men they appointed and not with Anyvan directly. Apart from that I could not take the van and two men to court as I don’t have address, names or telephone numbers and Anyvan won’t provide them details due to data protection. Save yourself the headache."
"Dreadful. Just cancelled our house move with 12 hours notice. Paid them 1k + an utter disgrace."
"Warning... DO NOT USE Anyvan! All old filthy vans arrive at unsocial hours to collect and deliver! (As late as 23.30) Pile items on top of each other with no protection causing damage. Attitude young office staff with no experience in removals or life in general, very unhelpful and rude. Will never use this service again! Anyvan even tried to have this review removed! Makes you wonder how many more bad reviews they hide??!?"
"The driver refused to even attempt to park in a space that was big enough (my roommate's truck had parked there when she moved out the week before). After a while, he just decided to stop answering the phone, leaving me without movers. Called the company, they sent new movers after asking for a £70 re-scheduling fee. Interestingly, the new movers were able to parking in aforementioned space. So far, no refunds."
"Never use this company!!"
"Part 1. i have recently used any van for my removal paying for dismantling, moving and reassembling my furnitures without a time limit..The quantity i had was 10 furnitures that needed dismantling and reassembling and 10 boxes. At 9 am two guys showed up as expected.. They stayed at the property until 15:30pm without managing to do almost anything. I dismantled most of the furnitures myself in order to help them but it turned out that they didn't know how to dismantle them. While i was doing what they were supposed to do,they told me " we will be downstairs when you finish call us." After 6!!!! hours we managed to go to the new property, which was 5 minutes away, where they moved some of the stuff into the house but they did significant damage to the property. During that time they were constantly on the phone with their boss who was pushing them to finish. As a result at 17:30 they told me their boss asked them to leave, so they left my boxes and a matress outside of the property and left without assembling nothing at all..By the time they left the things outside the property, it started raining, destroying the matress and the boxes with our clothes, as there was no one to help me carry them in the house.I called Anyvan's customer service and expalined them what has happened, the damages they caused and that I had two small kids with no bed to sleep,and my mother in law with mobility issues with no bed to sleep as well. Their only reply was that they were giving me back some money for the dismantling and that they could send someone to dismantle the furnitures the next day!!! No kind of interest about my family,or my stuff that were left out in the rain. Only about 20 minutes later they called me and said that the driver will come back and put my stuff inside the house. At 19:00pm the driver and his mate came back to the wrong address, at my previous empty house!!!!!, where of course there was nothing.to put in. They said their boss gave them the wrong address and left. I have made a complaint and put a claim to AnyVan,but after 15 days I haven't heard anything from them. There is no way I will use them again .Part 2. Anyvan came back to me on September 24 saying the following "Thank you for your patience whilst we have investigated your claim. Upon receipt of your claim, we have launched a full investigation. During the investigation, we have reviewed all evidence that has been provided by yourself and the transport providers, and have spoken to your transport providers and our transport team. Unfortunately, as a result of our investigation, we are unable to uphold your claim. We have included the reasons behind this below to explain. AnyVan acts as an agent within the booking which means we must mediate with the Transport Provider in an attempt to resolve the claim. Upon speaking to the Transport Provider they have advised that during the unloading of the van the customer assisted with this taking item into the property. With this in mind, we are unable to ascertain liability and therefore are unable to uphold this part of your claim. In reference to your mattress, we are without "before" images and are therefore unable to gauge the condition before the move commenced. I would draw your attention to section 8 of our Terms of Use, in particular paragraphs 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4.a which explains both our and the provider's liability and the proofs required. I have included these for your convenience. " 8.2 Unless previously agreed in writing, the Partner’s liability is fixed for all claims of loss or damage to goods, due to its negligence or breach of Contract, for an amount of £100 per individual item and for the avoidance of doubt limited to an aggregate of £50,000 (fifty thousand pounds for all items taken together). If all of the goods transported by the Partner are stolen during the provision of the Services or destroyed by fire the Partner’s liability is limited to a total of £50,000 for all of your goods. It is your responsibility to provide AnyVan with evidence of the value of goods lost or damaged and proof that the damage was caused by Our Partner. For the avoidance of doubt the liability under this clause is limited to a total of £50,000. If you would like to increase your cover, you can request Comprehensive Insurance Cover in accordance with clause 9.3." "8.3 The Partner is liable for damage to your goods and premises subject to you producing satisfactory evidence that the damage was caused by the Partner and not by you or a third party." "8.4 Neither AnyVan nor its Partners are liable for: "a. Damage caused as a result of your actions and/or your breach of these Terms" A reply full of lies and avoiding the responsibility. Anyvan claims that the damages were due to my help. Such a big lie since I didn't help them carry anything in the property and my only interaction was only when the removal guys managed to stuck a bed frame between the walls by damaging them. Anyvan is asking "before" photos of the matress while they already know that the matress was left outside of the propery along with boxes containing clothes and books while it was raining. Anyvan was willing to give me £50 as " a good will gesture" and I bet this is to console the fact that my young kids and my mother in law with mobility problems were left without a bed for 4 days. Needless to mention the damages in the property although I have sent them images. The same images that the tranfer company has, but they didn't bother to double check,or "forget" to mention. Αfter this unacceptable behavior and response I retain my legal right"
"Any van cancelled my move minutes before their deadline. They called me and said they would find another driver in the next few hours. No one bothered to call back to say this would not be the case and they left me waiting when no one showed up and I could not get through to them on the phone. When I finally managed several hours later, they promised a van to be with me between 8-10 the next morning. The new tenants where due to move that morning so they had to pay extra to delay their move. The next day they failed to show up again, and again no one bothered to contact me. I phoned them and they said they could not allocate a driver but someone would be there that day to move me. At this point I hired another company as had to be out of the house and did not believe for a second they would show up. Surprise, they did not. Again no contact. Onto the third day of this, I had moved the previous day with a lovely reliable company. I phoned up anyvan and asked for a full refund and explained the situation. They had the audacity to tell me I had agreed to move on this day, three days late!! I explained that I certainly had not and that no one had even been bothered to contact me whilst this was all going on. I’ve had to contact my bank and start a dispute to get my money back off these people. I’ve also had to contact trading standards and contact my solicitor to start legal action against them to recoup the money lost in my time and the moving bills of the other company and on behalf of the other tenants who where forced to pay a cancellation fee for their move and then pay to hire the company again for a different day. Moving is stressful enough, don’t make it worse, use a different company!"
"Avoid at all costs: destroyed our home. Avoid at all costs: Unfortunately, this site does not allow for photos to be posted. My partner arranged a move (which included a piano) through anyvan. The removers were rude, had poor communication skills and quite aggressive, and refused to move the piano up to the first floor, even though we paid for this service and anyvan website states clearly that it specialises in piano removals. I arranged for a second move (but at the time did not realise that my partner had booked the first removal company through anyvan). This time I spoke to a representative and we hired a piano removal specialist to take the piano up from the ground floor of our new house to the first floor (with a view that we would re-coup part of the costs from the first move). At this point, we'd been effectively charged twice to move the same piano. The new movers said that I needed to sign a waiver form to cover potential 'minor scrapes' to the walls. Having owned a piano for 20 years, I understand that this is sometimes unavoidable. However, after they moved the piano, we noticed enormous holes in the walls, and ceiling (the second of which was not even included in the form I signed). Two weeks after submitting my complaint, I received a generic response stating that Anyvan is not liable for the damage as they are effectively a middle man. My partner's claim (for return of funds as they did not complete the first job) was met with an acknowledgement that the website information was misleading and that they'd agreed to pay back £30. The total cost of the piano removal was around £430—twice as much as it should. This does not include the several hundred pounds of damage to the property. After several email exchanges with their claims team I asked for the details of the transporter company as I intended on taking legal action. They point-blank refused to give me that information. I would urge anyone reading this to save your money and contact a local company directly. I would avoid this company at all costs."
"If i could leave no stars i would we booked a job which required two people and involved transporting two large items and 4 others. They were 2 hours late on the day we had actually booked and they then rescheduled for the next day. Two males arrived to carry out the delivery, they were both untrained and unprofessional in their attire. Definitely not representing the company! Was unable to move items which had booked for transport. One was very young and the other an older man seemed to be delegating the work. Definitely wouldn't use the company again as one item has been damaged and we have been told we will need to book another delivery service with them to have the last item we originally booked transported. Stay well clear if you can as our experience was terrible from start to finish!"
ANYVAN is rated 3.33 based on 574 reviews