ANYVAN Reviews

78% of reviewers recommend ANYVAN

About ANYVAN: AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Categories:
Business & Office
Business Services

How would you rate ANYVAN ?

Konstantinos Papatheodorou
Verified Reviewer
"Reference: AV 553 5399 I am moving between two different cities and I had paid extra to book a specific time-slot. On the day, they informed me that they will be 1 hour late outside the time-slot range and then 2 hours late. Due to them being so late I missed my train and other transport so I had to get last minute tickets that cost a fortune in order to get back home. I called, and the customer service person had a lot of “attitude”. She told me that it is not their fault about my schedule and that there won't be a compensation because it is not their responsibility. Then she said that I should read the terms and conditions before buying their services. I told her that I did it over the phone, and that obviously it is impossible to know these things over the phone unless they inform me about it. Her reply was “What did you expect? To read you 3 pages of terms and conditions over the phone?” Well, yeah? If it is so important to follow them, then they should let me know over the phone to what I agree on! And her “defense” was that they sent an e-mail with a link to the terms at the bottom of my receipt... AFTER I have purchased their service. Sorry, but someone has to read these BEFORE they buy, not after. And then she mocked me like “Wow, don't tell me that you actually read the terms and conditions every time you buy something online”. Just a horrible company, with no courtesy, no accountability, and very bad employees and customer service. AVOID!"
"I am a student and needed to move some furniture into my new accommodation. I informed the guy I spoke to at AnyVan that I would be moving some items from my current address and some items from another address (namely the neighbour’s garage as some was being stored there). I paid £200 for this service. I then called the company back again a few days later to ask if they could give me a more precise window of time for pick up as I needed to vacate the property by a certain time. Another £30 for this. Moving day came around and the driver turned up late in a bashed in van with so much other stuff in it that he couldn’t possibly have fitted all mine in it too. He claimed he hadn’t been told about the other addresses, ‘didn’t have time to drive around the vicinity picking other things up’ as he was already late, and if I had a problem with this I should ‘take it up with the boss’. Charming. I called AnyVan who were completely unapologetic and said they would ‘investigate’ the matter and call back. They didn’t, so I called back and they didn’t pick up. I called from another telephone line and they mysteriously managed to answer my call. Again, no word of apology and instead the person on the other end of the phone tried to argue with me, saying that I hadn’t given them the other address. I pointed out I couldn’t possibly have known that I needed to give them the other address (which was literally 4 doors down the road anyway) unless they had asked me to. Which they had not. She said she would call me back in a few hours and eventually called me back about 5/6 hours later making me the generous offer of a £30 refund. The driver then arrived at my new address late. All in all, AnyVan cost me £200 (that I had spent hours earning and have no prospect of earning back in the near future due to being a student). They turned up late at both ends with only 1/4 of my furniture and tried to argue with me when I complained. I am now in my new property without any chairs and sleeping on the floor (as my bed is still in my neighbour’s garage), and having to find some money to somehow pay another company to complete the move."
James Meakins
Verified Reviewer
"I'm going to moan now, on the 24th May I purchased a Motor Bike off ebay, then I looked for a courier, I googled courier it and came across Any Van . com looking at there home page it displays everyone Logo Gumtree - Preloved - Zoopa and says they are in partnership are they really ? leading me to think somewhere along the line you must have a association with them of some kind. hope I’m wrong, on any-vans website price started at £75 I took the £79 which covered insurance and 3 day economy collection and delivery I was in no hurry so I called up and paid the £79 Well they have been the nightmare from hell, no communication at all, the only time I spoke to them was when I called and in total some 7hrs 21 mins of calls 103 calls to any-van they pass the buck they go through the same security questions again and again then you get cut off, then they just hang up it was the most stressful thing I have ever that to deal with, then in the end what was the real problem ? they had quoted the price to cheap so they where unable to find a subcontractor to do the job. what a joke, so they quote cheap work get you tied in by payment, then they cannot do the job unless you pay them more money ! ! ! - scam scam scam they hide behind saying you cannot ecutalet it the CEO as he does not deal with things like this, they even explained which was very very kind of them that I cannot go to trading standards as I agreed to there terms and condition These poor people who are employed to fire the bullets for the 'Gods' of this world any-van . Com should be ashamed that they are running such a business. I run pubs, I do sell my beers and cask ale and lager for £2.45 a pint happy days, if any one of you came in my bar saw the sign and it is massive say all pints of cask ale and lager for £2.45 including cider, you ordered 3 pints expecting to pay £7.35 and I asked you for £9 or say £3 a pint or £10.50 say £3.50 you would rip me to pieces and rightly so I paid £79 bought and paid for and then effectively black mailed pushed into a corner say what you like but then had to pay another £30 to get the job done. because they under stated the price. Try Tesco's they would swallow and just say this is not good practice so we will pay the difference no Any-van . Com I hope and I say this very reluctantly no-van .com no business .com they are cheats and I hope one day someone big enough can challenge there methods of business practices in the courts.Now I have that off my chest, it has transpired that they did not need me to give them my card details for payment as they had saved them – very scary are they allowed to do this ? This is one of those times when it sounds too good to be true and well it was, the have had me and I never thought anybody would do that but they did. I suppose we could say there plenty of people far worse off than me so maybe I should just keep my gob shut. I'm still very unhappy. James Meakins 07885 294612 Service cost: £130 Order ID: AV 5056383"
"Very unprofessional. Charged me for a booking 1 week ahead. On the day I had to call the driver, and customer support several times as they wouldnt confirm what time the driver was coming. At 2pm driver finally called and there had been a mess up with the reservation and he couldnt come until late at night. I had taken the day off just waiting for them. I asked to cancel and get a refund and they said they will "TRY" but to do but not sure if possible. I made the reservation far in advance and couldn’t have gone with someone else. So they wasted my time and simply costed me money, time, and endless stress."
"Firstly If there was an option for 0 out of 5 stars that’s what I’d go for! Worst experience with anyvan. Anyvan works along side transport providers who hire the van drivers/numptys. Or incompetent siblings as I later found out.. The transport provider changed my time slot on the day of my move so I obliged (as I had no choice) and so I took further time off work. I contacted the transport provider after 30 minutes had passed into my time slot. He then gave me the drivers number and said he didn’t know where he is. (The brother) For some reason he was unable to ring his brother himself. (I think he was busy cleaning the wheels on his van) Anyway now the brother after several attempts of contact answers and has no idea who I am or what job he’s supposed to be on! He at this point was in east London where as I live in south east so clearly unless he’s f-ing super man I’m not getting my stuff moved anytime soon. By this point I thought that contacting anyvan customer services direct would help. Sadly the staff member (which I waited 20 minutes on hold for) fresh out of nappies with 0 knowledge of life let alone anyvan said he could help by cancelling my van or offering me £12 in compensation for my “issue”. I politely told the “boy” that I had already spent more in Costa whilst waiting for the alloof sibling. He then responded with ok miss let me get my manager to call you back. Did she or he? Yes your thinking is correct. Course not, she or he was probably dealing with a more important issue like finding his or her sister who was hiring these absolute numptys.. sending them out to other unsuspecting anyvan victims! It seems like a family affair. So anyway 4 hours later... my van shows up! I am obviously extremely happy/buzzing of all the Costa. So the men/numptys loaded my stuff into the van and off we went to my new home. So I then thought it was all over.. but you’re right it wasn’t. I was called out by one of the men who then proceeded to ask if my tv was snapped in half before the journey began. My response is as you can imagine. I was then told that I hadn’t booked 3 floor delivery, so they were unable to carry my items up and down stairs. (To be fair they were right.. TBC..) So I politely asked the man what was on the work sheet. He said just a townhouse. I then asked my child what a townhouse is and he responded with an eye roll and a comment I’m not.. but yea kinda am proud of. The man was then newly educated on properties he visits daily. Winning. After this he agrees to carry my bed frame upstairs. Why did I bother. Superman then swoops himself round (clearly suffering from spatial awareness issues) and proceeds to smash a hole into my wall. Obviously denying it was him whilst picking up the pieces of wall off my carpet in the process. How discreet. So anyway after finally admitting liability for everything “jay” said he will sort this. Now jay isn’t someone I wanted to see again, although I wanted a replacement tv and my wall fixed. So I contacted anyvan direct. Did they do anything to help. You are correct again. Absolutely nothing but a few emails stating that the driver is responsible and it is out of there hands BUT I did receive that £12 back! So at least my lattes weren’t in vain! Anyway so jays ignoring my calls and texts. It’s basically a bad tinder date! But no not even a free dinner before he ruined my day! So anyvan if you are listening as you can imagine the 1/0 star is justified and I and none of my friends, relatives or clients will be using your joke of a service again. I forgot to mention the missing bed panels. So Jay if you are out there I am losing sleep over you! Kind regards Emma : )"
"I booked with anyvan due to excellent reviews on trustpilot. Received 2 calls before they booked date to say the driver would be with me around 1400 with a call beforehand with a definite ETA. On the day I receive a text from the driver at 14.01 to say he has been delayed and would be with me between 16.30-17.00 and would call with an ETA nearer the time. At 16.35 I had not heard from the driver so text to ask when I could expect him to which I got a reply saying he would be at least 1hr 30 more (in a location at least 30 minutes away from my address) but was near my address the following day if that worked for me? I had booked for a pickup between 08.00-18.00 on my one day off between working day shifts and nights shifts and so the following day was not going to be acceptable. I was incredibly disappointed with this service and called customer services to see how they were going to deal with this situation. The gentleman who took the call was very pleasant and tried to contact the driver however had no response. I was told I would be called back shortly once they had contacted the driver and he would discuss with his manager regarding what they could do about the inconvenience caused. I did not hear back shortly from them and had to get back in contact with them. I was told the driver would contact me shortly with a time he would be arriving. I received a short text that said ‘I will be with you this evening’, no time frame given. Customer services offered to refund me £15 for the inconvenience. I am very disappointed with the service provided and would not recommend this company."
Patrick Campbell
Verified Reviewer
"This firm do not cover all areas. Cancelled a guaranteed pick up at £95 three times then didn't bother to contact me for another date. Rang them this morning, 22 minutes to answer and they still couldn't give me a date. Apparently Colwyn Bay is not on their routes. MD didn't even bother to acknowledge my email. Suggested I cancel and book another company this morning. Appalling service and communication"
"Hi I booked a collection with a window between 8-10. At 8.15 the driver called and said he was in Peckham and couldn't collect until 11. Then he called again said he was in woolwich (which is further away) and would be in Wandsworth in 20 minutes. Impossible. I then tried calling any van. No one answers. Apparently you have to deal on line with live message. I wasn't in a wifi area. I tried sending a text message but this was rejected. When I booked, I was promised that payment wouldn't be taken until the job was done. It was never done as I cancelled on line as their driver couldn't get to us until 12, when there would be no one at the pickup. Guess what? They took £51. Daylight robbery. Never use this company. Totally unreasonable and one sided responses from them"
"Amal Morsi 2 reviews Published 3 seconds ago Not reliable as used to be They used to be a good company. I used to be their regular customer. Until today, they gave me a quote £49 for moving one item, a fridge freezer for 10 miles distance. I paid extra charge because I requested 2 men to do the job. After they put the fridge in the van they called me to add £70 extra charge to the already agreed quote because I did not select American fridge freezer. I had no choice except to accept ripping out £70 of my money. The quote is a quote, you can accept or reject when you are able to make a choice, not when your item is already in the van. They gave me 2 options both are worse than each other. Option one to through my item in the street with no refund to the money I have already paid or option 2 to pay £70 extra charge. When the customer accept a quote, they accept it according to a very tight budget, because they think that you are reliable. It was my mistake to select you, never happen again. I do not recommend this company to anyone."
"The silver rated company they recommended cancelled on the morning of collection and you DO NOT GET your “deposit” back. It is an extortionate fee for using their service."
"As disaster from start to finish. AnyVan contracted the transport of my car to a third party who managed to cause over £3k of damage to the bodywork of my car. AnyVan refused to accept liability despite them being party with whom I contracted and I had to issue court proceedings to get the full amount paid. Incredibly unhelpful throughout, dishonest and unprofessional from start to finish."
"Sent round an intimidating guy complaining about his hangover, was not careful with my furniture and damaged it. Also drove off with parts of my bed, anyvan won't take any responsibility for it or pay any compensation despite my complaint and claim, will not recommend this company, very disappointing service"
"arranged a motorcycle collection on a fixed date with anyvan, they failed to arrange a collection and did not inform me of this till late afternoon the day before. They then asked to rearrange for a flexible pick for the following week, which was okay, except they would only charge me the full price, for a fixed day collection ( a difference of more that £100). So I cancelled this booking, and not wanting a repeat of the first failure to collect, booked a flexible collection for the following week. That week came an went, without any contact from anyvan about when the bike might be collected. When I spoke to an adviser today, the only thing they could offer was RE re booking another flexible collection for next week. Hopeless. The advisors I spoke to were very polite and helpful, as far as they could be, but the logistical organisation is terrible. I would not recommend using them."
"Very reliable, very helpful and very reasonable rates."
"Good communication. On time. Took good care of the piano. Would use them again."
"AnyVan came to the rescue when a local service let me down. Quick, reliable with great customer service. Friendly helpful driver really saved the day."
"Fast easy pickup"
"Great guys very helpful"
"Arrived on time pleasant moving guys and no damaged items"
"Excellent service. Both drivers extremely efficient and helpful. Would definitely use anyvan again"
ANYVAN is rated 4.09 based on 414 reviews