ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Do not choose this company. They will lie to you. They will steal from you. I paid this company to help me move my bed from one location to the other on the 1st June. And on the day they didn't even have the courtesy to let me know around what time they were arriving. After chasing the company up all day and waiting for someone to arrive. I got a phone call asking me to reschedule the booking at 2pm. Which I couldn't do so I had to cancel and request a refund and some compensation since I had to chase other van companies at short notice on the day. They refused to give me a refund for numerous made up reasons. Driver knocked at 8am. That didn't happen. I and the two people I was living with heard nothing! Driver knocked at 1pm. Another lie. They tried calling me. No, I got nothing until 2pm. Anyvan- Instead of trying to cover up a service you didn't provide, focus more on actually providing a service. Do not take pictures of doors instead. It's disgusting and gives you no right to take my money. I didn't pay for that you disgusting company. Do not try to take advantage of people by stealing their money. I am not liable to pay anything, and you have no right to a single penny of my money because you have breached your contract. I would highly recommend anyone reading this to not use this service, they will steal and not provide a service you paid for. They'll just take as much money away from you as possible! Anyvan, stop lieing. Stop stealing. STOP reporting any negative reviews you get! I've had to report this company to trading standards! They can't treat people like this and get away with it. I am furious!
Stay well away from they will rip you off big time. They never tell you the truth till the last minute when it's to late. The customer service is like talking to robots. Please stay well away there is not even any leeway with the price. THEY ARE A JOKE CON ARTIST COMPANY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.
Appalling service yesterday from Anyvan - a driver who was rude and a team who, whilst listening politely to my complaint and apologising, did nothing to convince me that the driver’s attitude was going to be addressed. After filling in a negative response to the service, the driver rang me to discuss and, again, did nothing to convince me that his attitude would be addressed and confirmed he would be appealing the complaint. Overcharged in my view for what was a very, very stressful day having spent a lot of it on the phone to Anyvan. Having used Anyvan before with no problems I now understand the people who told me to stay away from this service. Will not be using it again.
DO NOT USE ANYVAN! Their driver was late twice and their driver caused a great deal of damage to my £8000 piano AND THEY DO NOTHING! Worst company ever. Will be taking this awful company to Watchdog. DO NOT USE!!!
Appalling service and thieves! Anyvan moved my home contents in July. The driver got lost between locations, damaged some expensive furniture, refused to take anything upstairs in my new property and then got verbally and physically intimidating. Because they were running so late and due to the damage already done to my possessions, I decided that I didn’t want them collecting further items from a storage unit - although I had paid for this as part of the upfront charge. It is now over 3 months later and I have not had any money refunded, I’ve accrued costs of storage and despite frequently contacting founder and Chief Executive Angus Elphinstone, he just delays and takes no responsibility for how his company operates. I’m at my wit’s end and have finally had to take legal advice. Below is the email I sent Angus earlier today. I know this is a long message, but I urge anyone with other negative experiences to come forward so that AnyVan and Angus cab appropriately be held to account and so that other people will not have to experience this shambolic rip off company. Angus Following on from yesterday’s unacceptable phone conversation where you once again demonstrated your intransigence to resolve this outstanding matter. Your arrogant approach to your customers astounds me as does your procrastination in addressing this case. I’m a reasonable individual. However when treated badly, with contempt and essentially stolen from (I paid for a service that was not fulfilled by you), then I will take appropriate action. The good news for you is that you won’t hear from me directly again, the bad news for you is that’s because you’ll now have direct communication with my solicitors. I briefed them this morning and letter to you is pending once I’ve approved it. For what it’s worth; this likely to get EXPENSIVE for you; a clear case of fraud and extortion evidence via email and phone recordings. That’s before we get on to the damage done to my possessions and that the job wasn’t carried out within the parameters agreed by your company (again evidenced on phone calls). If my experience is anyway representative of how you run you business, then in my opinion, you are not fit to hold a directorship. This is something that will be addressed by my solicitors and Companies House once we’ve been successful in Court. You are a despicable and opportunistic crook. I’m looking forward to dealing with you appropriately. Rob
IF YOU ARE THINKING OF USING ANYVAN THEN PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW   I am not one to ever write a bad review, but the unacceptable service I received from AnyVan has compelled me to on this occasion.  The drivers arrived to deliver our furniture at 00.15am. The journey from collection to delivery was over 100 miles, so we were told that they could arrive at the destination the same day as collection or the day after. It was only at 10pm on the day of collection that we received a call from out driver telling us he would not be there until midnight. We had no choice whatsoever in this. The driver arrived at 00.15am and didn’t live until 3.49am. We live in a second floor flat so this disturbed our neighbours considerably. Not to mention that this is just an unprofessional and unsociable time. If you do book with AnyVan make sure you specifically state a latest time for delivery. I would not have thought this necessary, but if you want to avoid being up in the middle of the night and disturbing your neighbours then I would recommend it.   We had to do a lot of the heavy lifting despite having paid for 2 men instead of just 1. We paid for 2 men to decrease the amount of lifting we were doing because we didn’t know the correct technique for lifting heavy items and so wanted to avoid injury. When the driver and his 17 year old son arrived, they had already been working 16 hours that day (they told us they started at 8am) and so were tired before they even stated lifting. I completely understand that they were tired after working a long day but surely it would have made more sense for them to arrive the following morning instead. On a number of occasions the driver said to my partner 'help me, I'm an old man'. Of course we were more than willing to help with some lifting but we had paid for 2 professional men for a reason. If you do not want to lift heavy items, state this on the special instructions of your booking. Again, I would not have thought this necessary.   The driver told us to destroy our sofa when it would not fit into the flat. One of my main concerns was the driver’s attitude when he realised that the sofa would not fit in the flat. At this point it was blocking the stair well so that tenants in the above flat could not get downstairs. Instead of now taking the sofa back downstairs, the driver insisted that the sofa could not be brought back down. He said he had to leave to be somewhere else and we would need to destroy the sofa. As you can imagine this was a very stressful and upsetting situation. After speaking to the driver and his son for at least 20 minutes we eventually managed to persuade them to bring it back down. This process was rushed, causing damage to the sofa and creating even more noise.    There was extensive damage to our furniture and our property. The damage to our furniture was unacceptable. The wooden dining table (which was previously is excellent condition) arrived with a large scrape down the centre and the seat of one of our leather dining chairs was ripped. Again previously in excellent condition, our sofa now has multiple tares in the fabric, the wooden frame is very weak meaning the sofa now rocks side to side and the metal bars of the sofa bed are twisted. This £899 sofa bed was no longer in an acceptable state for use meaning that we had to get rid of it. In addition, whilst trying to get the sofa upstairs, the walls of the stairwell were scratched and damaged so that there are now obvious holes, cracks and marks which will need to be repaired. The driver and his son were not careful with our furniture, on many occasions even standing on the arm of the sofa.    We were not covered for damage. When I informed AnyVan about this damage they explained that because I did not pay for comprehensive insurance that they could not accept responsibility for the damage. Maybe I was naive in thinking that a professional moving company would take responsibility for any damaged caused to your items in transit. This is not the case. The basic insurance included in the price only covers for fire, lighting, aircraft, explosion and theft. If you book with AnyVan make sure you pay for comprehensive insurance. This is not cheap, but worth it if trusting them with your furniture.  The customer service was extremely disappointing. I first asked to make a damage claim as well as a formal complaint about the service on the day of delivery over a month ago in August. The damage claim was dropped, without any kind of compensation or acceptance of wrong doing. Then, only last week after many, many emails was my formal complaint about the service on the night of delivery addressed. During this correspondence, the member of the AnyVan team I was speaking to kept changing and so I had to continuously repeat my reason for complaint. This is unacceptable customer service - it felt like they were doing everything they could so I would get fed up and drop the complaint. Despite everything mentioned above, I was only originally only offered £20 due to the late arrival. After further emails, I was offered another £25 as a 'gesture of goodwill'. To get to this stage with AnyVan has taken me 6 weeks of continuous emails and phone calls and they are still yet to have responded to all of my concerns or accept any kind of responsibility. I will finish by saying that my brother has also recently used AnyVan. He was allocated a different driver and had nothing bad to say about the experience. It is a luck of the draw with AnyVan. You cannot be sure of the standard and quality of driver you will be allocated. So if you are in need of ‘a-man-with-a-van’ I would strongly advise you to use someone local and recommended rather than take a chance. That is certainly what I will do in the future.   I am absolutely appalled by the service I received, and would strongly urge anyone against using AnyVan in the future.
Don’t touch Any Van with a barge pole - they sub-contract the job. We ended up with two blokes and a van who damaged every item of furniture while they toured the country doing drop offs. Any Van denying any liability and refusing to compensate us - hundreds of pounds worth of damage caused. Don’t do it!
the driver was 4 and half hours late picking up , so I had to tell him not to bother. However you cant speak to the company you book with (only via web chat) and I have never had my money refunded for a service I paid for and did NOT receive. Utterly dreadful service. AVOID at all costs
Reference: AV 553 5399 I am moving between two different cities and I had paid extra to book a specific time-slot. On the day, they informed me that they will be 1 hour late outside the time-slot range and then 2 hours late. Due to them being so late I missed my train and other transport so I had to get last minute tickets that cost a fortune in order to get back home. I called, and the customer service person had a lot of “attitude”. She told me that it is not their fault about my schedule and that there won't be a compensation because it is not their responsibility. Then she said that I should read the terms and conditions before buying their services. I told her that I did it over the phone, and that obviously it is impossible to know these things over the phone unless they inform me about it. Her reply was “What did you expect? To read you 3 pages of terms and conditions over the phone?” Well, yeah? If it is so important to follow them, then they should let me know over the phone to what I agree on! And her “defense” was that they sent an e-mail with a link to the terms at the bottom of my receipt... AFTER I have purchased their service. Sorry, but someone has to read these BEFORE they buy, not after. And then she mocked me like “Wow, don't tell me that you actually read the terms and conditions every time you buy something online”. Just a horrible company, with no courtesy, no accountability, and very bad employees and customer service. AVOID!
Amal Morsi 2 reviews Published 3 seconds ago Not reliable as used to be They used to be a good company. I used to be their regular customer. Until today, they gave me a quote £49 for moving one item, a fridge freezer for 10 miles distance. I paid extra charge because I requested 2 men to do the job. After they put the fridge in the van they called me to add £70 extra charge to the already agreed quote because I did not select American fridge freezer. I had no choice except to accept ripping out £70 of my money. The quote is a quote, you can accept or reject when you are able to make a choice, not when your item is already in the van. They gave me 2 options both are worse than each other. Option one to through my item in the street with no refund to the money I have already paid or option 2 to pay £70 extra charge. When the customer accept a quote, they accept it according to a very tight budget, because they think that you are reliable. It was my mistake to select you, never happen again. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
Sent round an intimidating guy complaining about his hangover, was not careful with my furniture and damaged it. Also drove off with parts of my bed, anyvan won't take any responsibility for it or pay any compensation despite my complaint and claim, will not recommend this company, very disappointing service
Misleading, backhanded tactics! I posted an add on Anyvan and accepted a quotation of £174. When the requested deposit of £34 was paid I was sent an email stating the remaining amount of £140 will need to be paid once the job is completed. The contractor Move2U completed the job and were great throughout and once the job was completed they advised me that I need to pay the full amount as Anyvan does not pass on any funds to them. The guys done the job and I paid them, bare in mind I was advised otherwise initially by Anyvan. When I contacted Anyvan they all stated that the the £34 go to the contractor as part of the £174 payment. After insisting on clarification we ended up on the same email trail with all parties and putting down the jobsheet and the invoice the contractor confirmed that they have no knowledge of the £34 and Anyvan is the entity that can answer that question. From that moment the anyvan agent stopped responding to emails. Two days later another agent confirmed that they kept the money and is not refundable nor is part of the quote contrary to what they advise on the original email. Luckily I am insured on my credit card so will be taking that payment back. Be very careful in your dealing with Anyvan as you can and up out of pocket!DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM!!!
asdasdadssadasdasd
Terrible is too mild a word for AnyVan service If I could I would give them 0 stars. The worst experience ever. Please don't book with them - extremely bad business and customer service. I have booked their van to pick up my stuff. The van arrived on time - although huge for just a flatshare. When they arrived at my new place, they just told me that they cannot bring my boxes to my new flat because there is no parking on the same side of the street??!!!!! This is London, such things are rare. Furthermore, in the era of the internet, google maps and GPS they did not check if and where is parking available. The driver got fined (£110) and it took him more than 30 min to get in touch with the Anyvan. Then they finally called me to tell me that they cannot deliver my stuff because there is no parking on the same side of the street and that the drivers will just bring my things into some storage place for which I will need to pay - and when they notify me where it is and when I pay for the storage, then I can take my stuff. WHAAAAT??? simply unbelievable. They even told me that a customer needs to arrange parking (and btw my building is a newly built and many people got their stuff delivered without any problems) - which is not true because when I called them to ask for that they told me that all is OK and I should not worry (that conversation with the Anyvan agent was taped). So basically, they took my money and they wanted to drop my stuff into some bad storage who knows where and at which price and leave me to deal with that. Luckily a man living in my building arrived and told the drivers that they can park in front of our garage to unload my things and that he will help them (so, the drivers had parked at the wrong place). The drivers did not want to do that until I paid £110 for their parking ticket and then just unloaded my stuff on the ground floor and did not bring them to my flat. They even told me that I should have mentioned that the garage doors are not tall enough for such a van. Again WHAT - nobody even asked me anything about that when they were taking my money. Terrible. Awful company. If you want to waste your money, lose your stuff and then carry it by yourself - only then booked Anyvan.
Booked an Anyvan removal as per recommendation of Ebay seller. Did a bit of quick research and saw the high reviews on Trustpilot so decided to go ahead with the move. Pricing was in the ball park of general man in a van type services and as it seemed it was a fully fledged company all seemed to be ok. Collection went ahead for my two items and then the driver did other jobs (which i don't have an issue with) but eventually when my items were delivered, one was broken during transit as it didn't look like it had been secured in the van properly and the leg was broken off of the piece of furniture. Both the driver and I took photos and he said to call Anyvan to report it as there is insurance in place and he left. I called Anyvan as soon as i got in the house and reported it. I received an email the next day asking for all the details which i promptly returned the same day along with pictures of the damage.. I have been calling constantly for the last two weeks trying to get an update and just being told every time that they are trying to get hold of the transport provider to "mediate".. After doing more investigation I found that Anyvan just subcontract all the work out to man in the van people which is misleading because all the images on their website show branded vans and people with branded shirts and jackets etc.. Only when you dig around the website do you see that they mention some "transport providers" don't have branding.. So now i have to sit and wait with a broken piece of furniture, a customer services team that don't really have customer service at mind and still no idea what is going to happen with my claim or anything.. Last update, “we are still trying to get hold of the driver..” but no doubt, that driver is still taking Anyvan jobs!! There is no timeframe as to when this will get sorted out, I just have to sit and wait.. Its absolutely ridiculous how bad the service is from Anyvan! Quick to take your money but wet tar moves faster when you try and get anything done as in this case! Rather look for another moving company that doesn’t subcontract work out otherwise rent a van yourself and save the possible stress if something goes wrong!! **Update** Apart from taking forever to get back to me, this is part of the response i have received: "Despite our Terms of Use being clear that AnyVan are not liable for damage, we can, in certain situations, decide that a goodwill gesture is appropriate. In light of this, I would like to offer you £100.00 by way of an apology for the issues you have encountered." So for all their boast of £50k insurance, and with their business being moving of goods, apparently damage while moving is not covered... Great company this is! Steer clear everyone of this sham company! I am going to be posting this on every single review site that i can find! Oh, and by the way, it clearly states in their insurance T&C's on their website that they do cover damage during moving! So i am fighting them on this!! Hey Anyvan, what is your response to this now???
All anyvan cares about is taking your money, then they become extremely lackadaisical in sending you any information ( emails & test ) about your move. Imagine a collection I booked since Tuesday for today Thursday, and I’ve got no text or emails about the collection. This is so they can show up and find no one around, then they collect another 50% to reschedule. To avoid that, I called them myself to let them know I haven’t gotten a time slot or any information about my move. The customer service sounded surprised and said emails were sent, but I got nothing. This happened twice and I had to pay 50% to reschedule because the only other option is to cancel without refund. They refused to accept they are at fault for not sending a text as they said they would. The customer service is so terrible, they kept arguing they sent a text, I asked to speak to a supervisor, they claimEd to book a call and I will get his call since last Sunday, this is Thursday and no one called! Liars and thieves! A move of £36 is now over £80. Just terrible! I will never used their terrible service anymore.
Shambles. Scam artists. Do not use this company. Paid AnyVan to collect a bed I had purchased on EBay. Received a call from call centre who stated that the driver had been to the address and no one was in, therefore I had to pay an extra £50 for another collection or lose all the money I had already paid them, in excess of £100. Rang the seller, who was outraged as he had been on standby at the address the whole time. I had also left instructions for the driver to ensure that he calls the seller prior to arrival. The seller did not receive a call from the driver. Later in the day another driver collected the bed. Immediately after collection I received an email from the seller saying that the drivers collecting did not used any protection at all, i.e sheets. When they arrived the beds were filthy, covered in mud and marks. I appealed to customer services as the driver had not turned up to the collection address and not called the seller. I spoke with an obtuse, smug representative who refused to accept my claims that the driver hadn't turned up or called, despite this being supported by the seller, plus proof from the transportation department that no call had been made. When I asked to speak with his manager he refused, and would not give me an email address for him either. The whole experience was bizarre and upsetting. The men delivering the bed told me the the driver had been making his way to the collection address when he arrived at an uneven road and decided that he didn't want to drive up it. So instead of letting anyone know he just cancelled the job and told HQ that no one was in. So I paid close to £150 to a company who botched their job, ruined my furniture and then treated me like a liar. Thanks guys. If you're going to use AnyVan keep your fingers crossed that they don't mess it up - because the customer service centre will stitch you up. Edit: I have been in regular contact with AnyVan since our transaction and they have steadfastly denied and refused to admit any fault in the face of two peoples accounts (one being the paying customers) of negligence. AnyVan are currently "investigating" the issue. By Investigating I mean asking for every minute detail - photos, copies of emails relating to the transaction....I provided them with photos - they asked for photos of the item 'before ' I bought it (!!!) I provided them with the photos from the seller - they asked for photos of the soiled item post-delivery which I supplied them with. Then a few days later they emailed me asking for the photos to be re sent WITH time stamps on!!!! These guys will weasel out of any complaint put their way. I had used AnyVan a few weeks before this and the transaction went fine - the drivers even called the person to make sure they were on the right street. Can't believe they're treating me like this!
Received a text at 2.30pm stating the driver was on route to collect sofas. At 4pm no collection had been made (drop off stated would be between 3.19-4.19pm) contacted the driver who said he was 10 minutes away. At 6.20pm there was still no update from the company and no collection made. Appalling service . Will never use this company again.
One of the worst experiences of my life. I received a quote for moving my home which seemed competitive but I deeply regret not paying more for a professional company. It’s a scam because you send them an approximate list on line but I defy anyone to know to the last box what’s involved. You accept the quote and pay up front but from the minute they arrive with a van which is conveniently too small for the job the list is being ticked and you realise too late what you have paid for is not a house removal but a part load. I am a lady of a certain age and found myself stranded with furniture and items they refused to load meanwhile the buyers of my house were waiting to move in.. Eventually my son called their so called Boss and paid them half as much again to move my house hours later than scheduled The drivers were not able to speak English well enough to explain or negotiate Everything was then thrown in at the last minute and was damaged and knocked by people who couldn’t care less Avoid Avoid
A big Warning if considering Anyvan.com If you are moving furniture or items long distance your items are likely to be part of several loads that particular driver is doing that day and they will be loaded with other people's goods. In itself this is not a problem but it significantly increases the chance that something can go wrong Your goods are extremely unlikely to be collected then delivered by the shortest route. Because drivers have a schedule they seem to stick to ridiculously tightly and they will load as much aspossible you are likely to see yout tracked items going from Maidstone down to Brighton to Reading to London then Nottingham to Penrith to Glasgow to Motherwell to Edinburgh when the obvious route is just onto the M25,A1 and Edinburgh. They are also likely to be unloaded from one van, stored and then loaded onto another van with yet more peoples goods. Again, in itself these do not make Anyvan rubbish but they also increase the chances of something going wrong. The drivers seem to be outsourced to another company reducing the control you or Anyvan have over them. Again, in itself these do not make Anyvan rubbish but they also increase the chances of something going wrong The drivers are in my experience not that intelligent, by chance happen to be not so conversant in english and in one part of my experience deviously attempted to clak that they had delivered everything when one rather large piece of furniture had manifestly not been  Again, in itself these do not make Anyvan rubbish but they also increase the chances of something going wrong Their customer service callcentre are not much use and try to fob you off into negotiating with the drivers as to when your stolen items can be returned rather than chasing it up themselves and making serious efforts to push them to put something right. For example when a large piece in my order had been delivered to a house in the east midlands they were happy to believethe driver was going to the door and not finding anyone in-as though that on its ownwas sufficiently serious attempts to retrieve something all the calamitous nature of their delivery made practically inevitable ( something going "missing"). It took a lot of phoning, several times being "accidentally" cut off and then no call being answered for ages and a crime report to the Metropolitan Police (their main office is in London) before they got their act together and started taking the need to do something seriously. So would I use them again. Absolutely Not. Do not touch them unless you are content for things to go missing and you have to make all the effort to get them back. A seriously poor service and a threat to the security and undamaged condition of your goods and a customer service which is shamelessly mendacious. At the last minute they will also try to change your order with some rubbish about their driver having "viehicle problems" when they just dont fancy taking the job Disgraceful company
ANYVAN is rated 3.22 based on 618 reviews