ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Paid over £400 for Anyvan to move me from one first floor flat to another first floor five minutes up the road. A contactless move given Coronavirus restrictions, although when they arrived I pointed out shelving units to take and shelving units to leave behind as they belonged in my old place. Could hear the guys from the other room banging and dropping including a guitar which obviously makes a distinctive noise when dropped. On the other side everything was dumped in a room - not put into the correct room as I had booked for. Understandable on a couple of things but it was all a mess They’d also moved the shelves that needed to stay at the property and subsequently couldn’t fit the ones they were supposed to take in their van. I had to pay another van service £100 to do a same day move back and forth to resolve. Found a huge gouge out of a wooden bed frame, chipped head on my guitar, scratches and bad chips to a wooden chest of drawers, electrical equipment not working, dented metal baskets which had obviously been chucked around... the list goes on. Utterly careless, I thought perhaps taking advantage of the contactless situation but reading these other reviews I see I’m not alone in receiving this appalling service Have escalated with the company, sent a load of pictures, screenshots of receipts and as much info as possible but my claim apparently doesn’t hold merit because their partner says they did everything right. Interesting that isn’t it! Absolute joke of a company who take no responsibility as they operate as a agency. It’s total lottery whether you get someone decent moving you and let’s be honest, a reputable company would have no need to seek new clients via this agency. I thought I’d be saving about £100 by using this service, but between paying the extra van, replacing and repairing what I can and the hassle of moving heavy boxes and furniture between rooms I’m out of pocket. Terrible service, avoid at all costs
The driver and the service itself were great - no complaints there. What was disappointing was that AnyVan, despite telling us that we could edit the details of our load until a certain point before the pick-up time, charged us a huge and entirely unfair surcharge. None of the customer service reps was able to explain this, and it remains unclear whether there was simply a huge penalty or whether it was the change in the load that caused the price to surge (and in fact double). The size of the load did not really change, not did the load time - but AnyVan's algorithms came to a very different conclusion. Effectively, we switched from a few large boxes to a larger number of small boxes, so this may even have made loading easier. What I am particularly disappointed by is that the problem only became apparent at a point when we were in no position to look for an alternative provider. Combined with the poor customer service the whole thing felt like a deliberate way of putting the customer in a tight spot with misleading device and then ripping them off when they have no option of backing out of the transaction. The follow-up customer service experience was fairly disappointing, too, and I never really got the feeling that AnyVan had understood how badly they had got it wrong, and how unethical their behaviour is. I will never use AnyVan again, and I will continue to advise anyone I talk to against using them.
This company should be closed down. They are an absolute disgrace and I really don’t want to give them 1 star it should be minus 100 Used them to move furniture and belongings from Uk to Spain. We now find ourselves nearly £10,000 out of pocket. All my husbands Bose items have been stolen, along with iPads Curve TV and clothes. The items that were delivered are damaged my Italian leather sofa is ripped £4K my white furniture has been trod on and everything is filthy and damaged. 3 weeks later AnyVan have wiped their hands of the problem. Saying it’s nothing to do with them. I am going to trading standards this company should be shut down they are a bunch of cowboys
The two men turned up in a transit van for a house move I had booked a while before. They have two other deliveries they had to do along with ours and the van ended up looking like Tetris. I was initially okay with their response, they got most of the stuff in the van even though they couldn't move the treadmill or my bike as it would take too much room. Then the next day I found out that they hadn't unloaded everything. We are missing a cover for the sofa which I can't quite figure out how they missed. I put a complaint into Anyvan who claim that because there is no evidence it went in the van they don't believe it had even been moved
The money I raised for moving costs has basically been stolen by @AnyVan which is fantastic. Disgusting service, stolen goods, damaged items/walls, inappropriate comments, leaving my items outside in the dirt and rain. Got a phonecall from them to say it's pretty much my fault. 1) They left my previous property unsecured & unlocked with the keys in the door because they couldn't be bothered to wait 5 minutes for my neighbour to return 2) An item costing £190 has mysteriously disappeared after many comments from the drivers stating "Ooh this stuff is expensive, are you rich?" No, I'm a nurse and bought this stuff from charity shops. @AnyVan refuse to believe its been stolen. 3) It took them 8 hours to drive from West Yorkshire to the coast. They then refused to do services I'd paid for because 'it was late'. 4) They left my mattress and sofa outside in the dirt and rain. Both of them are now damaged. 5) My neighbour witnessed them actually not doing any work at all and just sitting around. Probably why it took them 8 hours to drive down. 6) The walls at my new property are scratched and damaged now. My landlord repainted the property only two weeks before I moved in. 7) When the drivers left, they came back to my door demanding that I hadn't paid them for assembly (I had). They then went on to text me at 2am demanding money. 8) The company called me to say it was my fault and responsibility to watch the drivers at all times, so not holding their employees accountable at all. Gross service.
IF I CAN GET YOU TO TAKE ONE THING AWAY FROM THIS REVIEW IT IS THAT ANYVAN ARE NOT COVID COMPLIANT. THEIR MOVERS DO NOT WEAR PPE AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SOCIAL DISTANCE. If i could give Anyvan a zero i would. Quite possibly the worst service I've ever had in any sector. Our movers were over two hours late. We had to chase them. There was no proactive contact. When they arrived both movers weren't fit for the job. Despite alerting them to the stairs in our flat when booking they spent the whole time complaining about them and saying how little they could be bothered. I was assured that the movers would handle everything. However my partner and I had to move about 90% of the stuff because the very lazy movers stayed outside smoking the whole time. In addition to this one of the movers spend the whole time mimicking my partner and ordering us around with comments like 'less organising more lifting' despite her not being willing to lift a finger. There was also the issue of making fun of our possessions, i.e. that there was something wrong with having lots of books. Making a complaint about this was a whole other experience. In summary Anyvan wont concede any fault and have offered no refund for the work we had to do and had the pleasure of paying for. When i said about leaving a bad review I was told it amounted to blackmail. I cant stress how bad Anyvan are. They are cowboys and will make the stress of moving even worse. Shop around and dont let these people steal your money. For reference my booking number is AV6543970
I booked through them for a house move. As I initially wanted to be out of the property by 2pm , while I was putting my order online I contacted their customer service for advise regarding the booking slot. I was advised by a woman to book 10-12pm slot instead as If I booked 12-2pm slot, the driver can turn up at 2pm and that would be risky. I followed the advise. On the day a luton van with 2 men turned up at 10.00. I knew the van was too small for my stuff. They said I will have to pay if they I went over my 2 hours . slot. I called the customer service and they said that correct. They were very rude on the phone and did not want to take responsibility for the advise they have given me. I was left very distressed as I already paid 511 pounds for a 5 mile distance move and now they wanted to charge even more. The guy on the phone said a manager will call in 24h to discuss the misunderstanding but i have never received a call. I called after 2 days and I was told that there is no need for a manager to call as my issue was not their fault. I wanted to raise a complain so that this thing does not happen again to others and they said they don't take complaints !!!!! What a service !!! You cannot complain or talk to a manager!!! Please avoid at all cost. Rather book with a reliable service that avoids the stress on the day. Moving is already stressful but dealing with this scum company is even worse. AVOID AT ALL COST if you want a LESS STRESSFUL DAY. THEY DON'T take responsibility. When I said I am going to write my experience as a review , the guy just said, "that's fine go ahead", very rude with awful customer service.
AVOID!!!! Lying drivers, poor customer services, do what they can to wiggle out and not take responsibility for furniture damage claims. DON'T USE, DON'T TAKE THE RISK. THEY DON'T USE THEIR OWN DRIVERS AND USE 3RD PARTY Inividuals/companies. This company is NOT registered on any of the Ombudsman schemes there you DO NOT HAVE THE SAME PROTECTION. FIND A COMPANY THAT IS A 'REALLY MOVING' OR PART OF 'R. I.O.S' AND DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE DID. First off, we had our house move booked for between 2-4pm. The drivers didn't arrive until 5:20pm!! I watched as they rushed to take my furniture out of my house, knocking and bashing it against almost every wall on their way. At one point they turned my £1,100 sofa bed on its side causing the mechanism to fall out onto the pavement outside breaking one of the feet and gauging the frame. I even had to go and help them to put it back in as they struggled to keep hold of the whole thing but at this time I didn't notice the extent of the damage. They then took my furniture to our new house where my partner was waiting. At this point they scraped the arm to the same sofa a cross a wall causing staining to the arm. By the end of it all, we had a damaged wardrobe which was inside the door to the frame (God knows how they managed it), they cracked and broke my sons cotbed and also the sofa-bed as mentioned above. Extremely unhappy, I emailed the company and filled in the relavent details on their claim form. After not much time at all, they came back to me and told me they had reviewed the case in full and in similar words, "the drivers don't recall any damage, the vehicle was more than big enough to fit all of your furniture whilst being strapped safely inside. And unfortunately as you don't have pictures of the areas of furniture that are damaged PRIOR to the damage, your claim is unsuccessful".... Now I'm not sure who takes photos of underneath their sofas, under their children's cot beds or the inside of their wardrobe frames but surely you cannot expect people to do this? I have emailed several times now and all I get it basically, "sorry we are just the mediators/middle men". The fact that witnessed as they recklessly knocked and banged my furniture against the walls both inside and outside my house and at one point, was even forced to help as I watched them drop the sofa bed mechanism out of my sofa, causing damage to arou d £1,500 worth of furniture, and then to be told sorry, there is no evidence and the drivers said "it didn't happen" makes me very annoyed. Like I said, gamble at your own risk but if I was you, I'd pay a little more and get a proper service with a company that is regulated. Oh yea, they didn't wear masks or gloves either.
Awful company, did not deliver service and kept my money. Cancelled on me last minute and left me in an awful situation. I had to pay another local company at the last moment and lost hundreds of pounds. Anyvan never accepted responsibility or provided a refund.
Do not use they sub contract out. Cannot be trusted, cancelled the booking saying there had been a mix up with dates and that they could no longer do it. They have since taken full amount out of my bank account 5days before due date and have denied ever calling! Warning don't use them!!
Abs awful company not the drivers as they are self employed but the company themselves rip you off - STAY AWAY
Terrible moving services. My delivery services was booked from 10-1pm. The driver and assistance arrived at 9.30 ahead of schedule. Everything was packed and ready to go. Shortly after 10, and half way through moving the stuff, they said t’s too many stuff and that they are running late for their other delivery. They refused to take the bed frame down the stairs (which my friend and I had to do), any more boxes, and told me that if I wanted to move the stuff I’ll have to book another service with them (AnyVan). Obviously this made no sense and I already paid, I still had almost 3 hours left on my allotted slot. I was moving 5 min drive away. They destroyed some really expensive plants in the process, and was downright rude, and refused to take anymore boxes even when we brought it to the truck ourselves. They drove off leaving us standing there with the boxes. I had to borrow a friend’s car to finish moving stuff myself. Never again.
I am really unhappy with the service of this company. Me and my wife are both medical professionals and my wife is A&E specialised and is extremely busy due to this national emergency with COVID-19. Both are extremely busy trying to fight this national disaster with all other health care professionals and fighting a battle everyday of our life, not only that we’re being parents to our 3 years old boy who doesn’t know that mummy and daddy are trying their best to help others. To pit others in the loop me and my wife paid £89 for a delivery of a 2 seater Sofa but we had to cancel due to us being called into work and being asked to do over time with the national crisis going on. Me and my wife hen a duty to help other so we said yes. So my wife tried to call the customer service to cancel but couldn’t get threw so asked me to try and cancel and get our money back. I then got I touch with one of the team to then be told that I could not get my £89 as there is no refund if you cancel? I then as kiss if I could speak to a manager to whom I will get a call back the next day!!!!!!. 3 days later I called back and asked agin if I could speak to a manager, to their reply I will get a call back ASAP? 2hrs later I got a call back from a manager who had no empathetic understanding and was quite argumentative and Would not let me speak and say my part. He offered me”as a good will gesture” 25% of my money back, which works out as only £20,24. To my reply to you realise that my wife as saving life’s everyday and also seeing people die everyday due to this national pandemic and that £89 is a lot of money to us and to anyone. To his reply..... sorry that's company policy.....I have no word for this company as we’re honest working class people trying to make a difference in life and ti the word and this company can’t even do the rite thing and refund us for going into work in this national crisis. It’s beyond me. Thanks people for reading this. I hope you think twice about booking up with this company. Because If you want to be a good person and try make a difference in the world then this company will not refund you a penny. Thanks.
Stay well away from they will rip you off big time. They never tell you the truth till the last minute when it's to late. The customer service is like talking to robots. Please stay well away there is not even any leeway with the price. THEY ARE A JOKE CON ARTIST COMPANY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.
Do not choose this company. They will lie to you. They will steal from you. I paid this company to help me move my bed from one location to the other on the 1st June. And on the day they didn't even have the courtesy to let me know around what time they were arriving. After chasing the company up all day and waiting for someone to arrive. I got a phone call asking me to reschedule the booking at 2pm. Which I couldn't do so I had to cancel and request a refund and some compensation since I had to chase other van companies at short notice on the day. They refused to give me a refund for numerous made up reasons. Driver knocked at 8am. That didn't happen. I and the two people I was living with heard nothing! Driver knocked at 1pm. Another lie. They tried calling me. No, I got nothing until 2pm. Anyvan- Instead of trying to cover up a service you didn't provide, focus more on actually providing a service. Do not take pictures of doors instead. It's disgusting and gives you no right to take my money. I didn't pay for that you disgusting company. Do not try to take advantage of people by stealing their money. I am not liable to pay anything, and you have no right to a single penny of my money because you have breached your contract. I would highly recommend anyone reading this to not use this service, they will steal and not provide a service you paid for. They'll just take as much money away from you as possible! Anyvan, stop lieing. Stop stealing. STOP reporting any negative reviews you get! I've had to report this company to trading standards! They can't treat people like this and get away with it. I am furious!
Absolutely appalling service. DO NOT USE. The premium package is not worth the extra +£300 you are likely to pay for it. Let down by our original van (9am-10am). Van that did turn up was the rustiest, beaten up van, and tiny so multiple trips meant the move went on for so much longer than we expected. Also on the side of the van stated ‘For hire £29 a day’ so I would recommend just doing that and saving A LOT OF MONEY AND DISAPPOINTMENT. I have a three month old baby and my child care ran out so I was completely left in the lerch and unable to feed her while all this was going on. DO NOT USE, go elsewhere. I rang customer services to conplain, audibly upset and ‘all they can do is apologise’. I’m so upset and disgusted at this service. Avoid like the plague.
Anyvan please don't book with this company, no service done but took my money. very very bad scam company, demanding more money from me for the same listing.
Stole £1000 worth of stuff, driver smelled of alcohol, charge me £55, to walk from my door to the carpark. Staff are racist ie dirty looks, ignoring when you talk to them etc. They ruined my business, so I ruined their's
Did not complete the house move as agreed and what I paid ended up hiring a van and doing the rest of my contents with the outcome of a back injury been in last two months, plus their sub contractor they hired two clowns who stole £1000 pounds worth of my contents, plus had the audacity to charge me £55, to walk from my door to the carpark, behind flat. Been avoiding my calls last two months and ignoring my messages. Don't hire this firm.
AV 6522616 Useless. Charged over 300 for a removal. Items damaged by unprofessional and uncaring people. Coffee table parts missing and damaged. Brand new bed ripped. Drier.... cable partly ripped out and left dangerous. When I discovered it I'd already tried to use. Live and nuteral wires touching and shorted out my sockets. I complained only to be told they don't know how long it will take for me to have issues resolved. Pathetic. Just to add they go on the side of the driver, who obviously deny any damage. I sent photos to prove, as requested, then they told me they also wanted photos prior to the move. I provided this knowing that the metadata can be used as with insurance companies, they claim it cannot be accessed except for on the original device. Total Bull. I have computer certifications. The driver "crashed the van" I have a witness. They will not accept a witness statement to a "crash" DEMAND CCTV!!! What a croc of chit. Anything to get out of paying for damage and/or loss of goods. I will continue to review this company on as many review sites as possible. They ruin my items I will ruin their business.
ANYVAN is rated 3.15 based on 1,078 reviews