ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Do not choose this company. They will lie to you. They will steal from you. I paid this company to help me move my bed from one location to the other on the 1st June. And on the day they didn't even have the courtesy to let me know around what time they were arriving.

After chasing the company up all day and waiting for someone to arrive. I got a phone call asking me to reschedule the booking at 2pm. Which I couldn't do so I had to cancel and request a refund and some compensation since I had to chase other van companies at short notice on the day. They refused to give me a refund for numerous made up reasons.

Driver knocked at 8am. That didn't happen. I and the two people I was living with heard nothing!

Driver knocked at 1pm. Another lie.

They tried calling me. No, I got nothing until 2pm.

Anyvan- Instead of trying to cover up a service you didn't provide, focus more on actually providing a service. Do not take pictures of doors instead. It's disgusting and gives you no right to take my money. I didn't pay for that you disgusting company.

Do not try to take advantage of people by stealing their money. I am not liable to pay anything, and you have no right to a single penny of my money because you have breached your contract.

I would highly recommend anyone reading this to not use this service, they will steal and not provide a service you paid for. They'll just take as much money away from you as possible!

Anyvan, stop lieing. Stop stealing.

STOP reporting any negative reviews you get!

I've had to report this company to trading standards! They can't treat people like this and get away with it. I am furious!
This company should be closed down. They are an absolute disgrace and I really don’t want to give them 1 star it should be minus 100
Used them to move furniture and belongings from Uk to Spain. We now find ourselves nearly £10,000 out of pocket. All my husbands Bose items have been stolen, along with iPads Curve TV and clothes. The items that were delivered are damaged my Italian leather sofa is ripped £4K my white furniture has been trod on and everything is filthy and damaged. 3 weeks later AnyVan have wiped their hands of the problem. Saying it’s nothing to do with them. I am going to trading standards this company should be shut down they are a bunch of cowboys
Stay well away from they will rip you off big time. They never tell you the truth till the last minute when it's to late. The customer service is like talking to robots. Please stay well away there is not even any leeway with the price. THEY ARE A JOKE CON ARTIST COMPANY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.
I wrote a review of them in trustpilot and they reported me...im gonna ask my 1000 friends to review them so that public could be aware of the scam they are....they left me stranded in middle of night with whole of my luggage outside and the whole day they kept on saying the driver is on his way...i was arranged for 5 pm and they kept on saying the driver will come until at 9 pm they said they couldn't arrange for my driver..please please refrain from getting service from them because they will leave you on ur own...please check the internet it's full of people who were scammed by them...do your research you ll know...
Dreadful. Just cancelled our house move with 12 hours notice. Paid them 1k + an utter disgrace.
Warning... DO NOT USE Anyvan! All old filthy vans arrive at unsocial hours to collect and deliver! (As late as 23.30) Pile items on top of each other with no protection causing damage. Attitude young office staff with no experience in removals or life in general, very unhelpful and rude.
Will never use this service again!
Anyvan even tried to have this review removed! Makes you wonder how many more bad reviews they hide??!?
Part 1.
i have recently used any van for my removal paying for dismantling, moving and reassembling my furnitures without a time limit..The quantity i had was 10 furnitures that needed dismantling and reassembling and 10 boxes. At 9 am two guys showed up as expected.. They stayed at the property until 15:30pm without managing to do almost anything. I dismantled most of the furnitures myself in order to help them but it turned out that they didn't know how to dismantle them. While i was doing what they were supposed to do,they told me " we will be downstairs when you finish call us." After 6!!!! hours we managed to go to the new property, which was 5 minutes away, where they moved some of the stuff into the house but they did significant damage to the property. During that time they were constantly on the phone with their boss who was pushing them to finish. As a result at 17:30 they told me their boss asked them to leave, so they left my boxes and a matress outside of the property and left without assembling nothing at all..By the time they left the things outside the property, it started raining, destroying the matress and the boxes with our clothes, as there was no one to help me carry them in the house.I called Anyvan's customer service and expalined them what has happened, the damages they caused and that I had two small kids with no bed to sleep,and my mother in law with mobility issues with no bed to sleep as well. Their only reply was that they were giving me back some money for the dismantling and that they could send someone to dismantle the furnitures the next day!!! No kind of interest about my family,or my stuff that were left out in the rain. Only about 20 minutes later they called me and said that the driver will come back and put my stuff inside the house. At 19:00pm the driver and his mate came back to the wrong address, at my previous empty house!!!!!, where of course there was nothing.to put in. They said their boss gave them the wrong address and left.
I have made a complaint and put a claim to AnyVan,but after 15 days I haven't heard anything from them.
There is no way I will use them again
.Part 2.
Anyvan came back to me on September 24 saying the following

"Thank you for your patience whilst we have investigated your claim. Upon receipt of your claim, we have launched a full investigation. During the investigation, we have reviewed all evidence that has been provided by yourself and the transport providers, and have spoken to your transport providers and our transport team. Unfortunately, as a result of our investigation, we are unable to uphold your claim. We have included the reasons behind this below to explain.

AnyVan acts as an agent within the booking which means we must mediate with the Transport Provider in an attempt to resolve the claim. Upon speaking to the Transport Provider they have advised that during the unloading of the van the customer assisted with this taking item into the property. With this in mind, we are unable to ascertain liability and therefore are unable to uphold this part of your claim.

In reference to your mattress, we are without "before" images and are therefore unable to gauge the condition before the move commenced.

I would draw your attention to section 8 of our Terms of Use, in particular paragraphs 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4.a which explains both our and the provider's liability and the proofs required. I have included these for your convenience.

" 8.2 Unless previously agreed in writing, the Partner’s liability is fixed for all claims of loss or damage to goods, due to its negligence or breach of Contract, for an amount of £100 per individual item and for the avoidance of doubt limited to an aggregate of £50,000 (fifty thousand pounds for all items taken together). If all of the goods transported by the Partner are stolen during the provision of the Services or destroyed by fire the Partner’s liability is limited to a total of £50,000 for all of your goods. It is your responsibility to provide AnyVan with evidence of the value of goods lost or damaged and proof that the damage was caused by Our Partner. For the avoidance of doubt the liability under this clause is limited to a total of £50,000. If you would like to increase your cover, you can request Comprehensive Insurance Cover in accordance with clause 9.3."

"8.3 The Partner is liable for damage to your goods and premises subject to you producing satisfactory evidence that the damage was caused by the Partner and not by you or a third party."

"8.4 Neither AnyVan nor its Partners are liable for:

"a. Damage caused as a result of your actions and/or your breach of these Terms"

A reply full of lies and avoiding the responsibility.
Anyvan claims that the damages were due to my help. Such a big lie since I didn't help them carry anything in the property and my only interaction was only when the removal guys managed to stuck a bed frame between the walls by damaging them.
Anyvan is asking "before" photos of the matress while they already know that the matress was left outside of the propery along with boxes containing clothes and books while it was raining.
Anyvan was willing to give me £50 as " a good will gesture" and I bet this is to console the fact that my young kids and my mother in law with mobility problems were left without a bed for 4 days. Needless to mention the damages in the property although I have sent them images. The same images that the tranfer company has, but they didn't bother to double check,or "forget" to mention.
Αfter this unacceptable behavior and response I retain my legal right
My delivery was not picked up due the van arriving three hours late and missing the agreed window due to the vehicle being unsafe (resulting in me losing my slot at the delivery address - storage centre). My packages were never given over or loaded onto the van let alone "delivered"!! no service was provided yet Anyvan [Random bloke with a deathtrap of a vehicle] have fraudulently completed the transaction regardless. They have basically wasted a whole day for me, forced me to spend additional monies on another delivery company and another storage centre, and then basically stole my money to round it off. I am disgusted and will do my best to make sure that no one that I know ever uses this company. Please please avoid them
Appalling service yesterday from Anyvan - a driver who was rude and a team who, whilst listening politely to my complaint and apologising, did nothing to convince me that the driver’s attitude was going to be addressed. After filling in a negative response to the service, the driver rang me to discuss and, again, did nothing to convince me that his attitude would be addressed and confirmed he would be appealing the complaint. Overcharged in my view for what was a very, very stressful day having spent a lot of it on the phone to Anyvan. Having used Anyvan before with no problems I now understand the people who told me to stay away from this service. Will not be using it again.
DO NOT USE ANYVAN! Their driver was late twice and their driver caused a great deal of damage to my £8000 piano AND THEY DO NOTHING! Worst company ever. Will be taking this awful company to Watchdog. DO NOT USE!!!
Appalling service and thieves!
Anyvan moved my home contents in July. The driver got lost between locations, damaged some expensive furniture, refused to take anything upstairs in my new property and then got verbally and physically intimidating.
Because they were running so late and due to the damage already done to my possessions, I decided that I didn’t want them collecting further items from a storage unit - although I had paid for this as part of the upfront charge.

It is now over 3 months later and I have not had any money refunded, I’ve accrued costs of storage and despite frequently contacting founder and Chief Executive Angus Elphinstone, he just delays and takes no responsibility for how his company operates.

I’m at my wit’s end and have finally had to take legal advice. Below is the email I sent Angus earlier today. I know this is a long message, but I urge anyone with other negative experiences to come forward so that AnyVan and Angus cab appropriately be held to account and so that other people will not have to experience this shambolic rip off company.

Angus

Following on from yesterday’s unacceptable phone conversation where you once again demonstrated your intransigence to resolve this outstanding matter. Your arrogant approach to your customers astounds me as does your procrastination in addressing this case.

I’m a reasonable individual. However when treated badly, with contempt and essentially stolen from (I paid for a service that was not fulfilled by you), then I will take appropriate action.

The good news for you is that you won’t hear from me directly again, the bad news for you is that’s because you’ll now have direct communication with my solicitors.

I briefed them this morning and letter to you is pending once I’ve approved it. For what it’s worth; this likely to get EXPENSIVE for you; a clear case of fraud and extortion evidence via email and phone recordings. That’s before we get on to the damage done to my possessions and that the job wasn’t carried out within the parameters agreed by your company (again evidenced on phone calls).

If my experience is anyway representative of how you run you business, then in my opinion, you are not fit to hold a directorship. This is something that will be addressed by my solicitors and Companies House once we’ve been successful in Court.

You are a despicable and opportunistic crook.

I’m looking forward to dealing with you appropriately.

Rob
IF YOU ARE THINKING OF USING ANYVAN THEN PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW

I am not one to ever write a bad review, but the unacceptable service I received from AnyVan has compelled me to on this occasion.

The drivers arrived to deliver our furniture at 00.15am. The journey from collection to delivery was over 100 miles, so we were told that they could arrive at the destination the same day as collection or the day after. It was only at 10pm on the day of collection that we received a call from out driver telling us he would not be there until midnight. We had no choice whatsoever in this. The driver arrived at 00.15am and didn’t live until 3.49am. We live in a second floor flat so this disturbed our neighbours considerably. Not to mention that this is just an unprofessional and unsociable time. If you do book with AnyVan make sure you specifically state a latest time for delivery. I would not have thought this necessary, but if you want to avoid being up in the middle of the night and disturbing your neighbours then I would recommend it.

We had to do a lot of the heavy lifting despite having paid for 2 men instead of just 1. We paid for 2 men to decrease the amount of lifting we were doing because we didn’t know the correct technique for lifting heavy items and so wanted to avoid injury. When the driver and his 17 year old son arrived, they had already been working 16 hours that day (they told us they started at 8am) and so were tired before they even stated lifting. I completely understand that they were tired after working a long day but surely it would have made more sense for them to arrive the following morning instead. On a number of occasions the driver said to my partner 'help me, I'm an old man'. Of course we were more than willing to help with some lifting but we had paid for 2 professional men for a reason. If you do not want to lift heavy items, state this on the special instructions of your booking. Again, I would not have thought this necessary.

The driver told us to destroy our sofa when it would not fit into the flat. One of my main concerns was the driver’s attitude when he realised that the sofa would not fit in the flat. At this point it was blocking the stair well so that tenants in the above flat could not get downstairs. Instead of now taking the sofa back downstairs, the driver insisted that the sofa could not be brought back down. He said he had to leave to be somewhere else and we would need to destroy the sofa. As you can imagine this was a very stressful and upsetting situation. After speaking to the driver and his son for at least 20 minutes we eventually managed to persuade them to bring it back down. This process was rushed, causing damage to the sofa and creating even more noise.

There was extensive damage to our furniture and our property. The damage to our furniture was unacceptable. The wooden dining table (which was previously is excellent condition) arrived with a large scrape down the centre and the seat of one of our leather dining chairs was ripped. Again previously in excellent condition, our sofa now has multiple tares in the fabric, the wooden frame is very weak meaning the sofa now rocks side to side and the metal bars of the sofa bed are twisted. This £899 sofa bed was no longer in an acceptable state for use meaning that we had to get rid of it. In addition, whilst trying to get the sofa upstairs, the walls of the stairwell were scratched and damaged so that there are now obvious holes, cracks and marks which will need to be repaired. The driver and his son were not careful with our furniture, on many occasions even standing on the arm of the sofa.

We were not covered for damage. When I informed AnyVan about this damage they explained that because I did not pay for comprehensive insurance that they could not accept responsibility for the damage. Maybe I was naive in thinking that a professional moving company would take responsibility for any damaged caused to your items in transit. This is not the case. The basic insurance included in the price only covers for fire, lighting, aircraft, explosion and theft. If you book with AnyVan make sure you pay for comprehensive insurance. This is not cheap, but worth it if trusting them with your furniture.

The customer service was extremely disappointing. I first asked to make a damage claim as well as a formal complaint about the service on the day of delivery over a month ago in August. The damage claim was dropped, without any kind of compensation or acceptance of wrong doing. Then, only last week after many, many emails was my formal complaint about the service on the night of delivery addressed. During this correspondence, the member of the AnyVan team I was speaking to kept changing and so I had to continuously repeat my reason for complaint. This is unacceptable customer service - it felt like they were doing everything they could so I would get fed up and drop the complaint. Despite everything mentioned above, I was only originally only offered £20 due to the late arrival. After further emails, I was offered another £25 as a 'gesture of goodwill'. To get to this stage with AnyVan has taken me 6 weeks of continuous emails and phone calls and they are still yet to have responded to all of my concerns or accept any kind of responsibility.

I will finish by saying that my brother has also recently used AnyVan. He was allocated a different driver and had nothing bad to say about the experience. It is a luck of the draw with AnyVan. You cannot be sure of the standard and quality of driver you will be allocated. So if you are in need of ‘a-man-with-a-van’ I would strongly advise you to use someone local and recommended rather than take a chance. That is certainly what I will do in the future.

I am absolutely appalled by the service I received, and would strongly urge anyone against using AnyVan in the future.
Don’t touch Any Van with a barge pole - they sub-contract the job. We ended up with two blokes and a van who damaged every item of furniture while they toured the country doing drop offs. Any Van denying any liability and refusing to compensate us - hundreds of pounds worth of damage caused. Don’t do it!
the driver was 4 and half hours late picking up , so I had to tell him not to bother. However you cant speak to the company you book with (only via web chat) and I have never had my money refunded for a service I paid for and did NOT receive. Utterly dreadful service. AVOID at all costs
Reference: AV 553 5399

I am moving between two different cities and I had paid extra to book a specific time-slot. On the day, they informed me that they will be 1 hour late outside the time-slot range and then 2 hours late.

Due to them being so late I missed my train and other transport so I had to get last minute tickets that cost a fortune in order to get back home.

I called, and the customer service person had a lot of “attitude”. She told me that it is not their fault about my schedule and that there won't be a compensation because it is not their responsibility. Then she said that I should read the terms and conditions before buying their services. I told her that I did it over the phone, and that obviously it is impossible to know these things over the phone unless they inform me about it. Her reply was “What did you expect? To read you 3 pages of terms and conditions over the phone?”

Well, yeah? If it is so important to follow them, then they should let me know over the phone to what I agree on!
And her “defense” was that they sent an e-mail with a link to the terms at the bottom of my receipt... AFTER I have purchased their service. Sorry, but someone has to read these BEFORE they buy, not after.

And then she mocked me like “Wow, don't tell me that you actually read the terms and conditions every time you buy something online”.

Just a horrible company, with no courtesy, no accountability, and very bad employees and customer service.

AVOID!
Amal Morsi
2 reviews

Published 3 seconds ago
Not reliable as used to be
They used to be a good company. I used to be their regular customer. Until today, they gave me a quote £49 for moving one item, a fridge freezer for 10 miles distance. I paid extra charge because I requested 2 men to do the job. After they put the fridge in the van they called me to add £70 extra charge to the already agreed quote because I did not select American fridge freezer. I had no choice except to accept ripping out £70 of my money. The quote is a quote, you can accept or reject when you are able to make a choice, not when your item is already in the van. They gave me 2 options both are worse than each other. Option one to through my item in the street with no refund to the money I have already paid or option 2 to pay £70 extra charge. When the customer accept a quote, they accept it according to a very tight budget, because they think that you are reliable. It was my mistake to select you, never happen again. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
Sent round an intimidating guy complaining about his hangover, was not careful with my furniture and damaged it. Also drove off with parts of my bed, anyvan won't take any responsibility for it or pay any compensation despite my complaint and claim, will not recommend this company, very disappointing service
Misleading, backhanded tactics!
I posted an add on Anyvan and accepted a quotation of £174. When the requested deposit of £34 was paid I was sent an email stating the remaining amount of £140 will need to be paid once the job is completed.
The contractor Move2U completed the job and were great throughout and once the job was completed they advised me that I need to pay the full amount as Anyvan does not pass on any funds to them. The guys done the job and I paid them, bare in mind I was advised otherwise initially by Anyvan. When I contacted Anyvan they all stated that the the £34 go to the contractor as part of the £174 payment. After insisting on clarification we ended up on the same email trail with all parties and putting down the jobsheet and the invoice the contractor confirmed that they have no knowledge of the £34 and Anyvan is the entity that can answer that question. From that moment the anyvan agent stopped responding to emails. Two days later another agent confirmed that they kept the money and is not refundable nor is part of the quote contrary to what they advise on the original email. Luckily I am insured on my credit card so will be taking that payment back.
Be very careful in your dealing with Anyvan as you can and up out of pocket!DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM!!!
asdasdadssadasdasd
Do not use they sub contract out. Cannot be trusted, cancelled the booking saying there had been a mix up with dates and that they could no longer do it. They have since taken full amount out of my bank account 5days before due date and have denied ever calling! Warning don't use them!!
ANYVAN is rated 3.17 based on 650 reviews