ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

it_service_account@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
I was told by driver he would be at the flat at 8am prompt as they had a busy day. 8.10am I called the driver, no.answer so texted asking when he would arriving? 15 minutes later Anyvan called me saying driver called I'm sick and they would have to reallocate me but would still try and do this between my booking time scale 7am to 10am. This didn't happen, they asked me to wait until 1pm, then surprise surprise until 5pm. Nobody turned up it was a very upsetting and stressful day. Please do not use this firm they are totally unreliable.
Only interested in taking your money. Offer poor customer service. PLEASE DON'T USE THEIR SERVICES. If there was an option not to rate their company with a star I would.
Avoid this company unreliable, unprofessional ,they just send any man with a van as they are just a call center. if you have have issues after they don't wont to know, go with a reliable trustworthy company and save yourself time and money
Paid over £400 for Anyvan to move me from one first floor flat to another first floor five minutes up the road. A contactless move given Coronavirus restrictions, although when they arrived I pointed out shelving units to take and shelving units to leave behind as they belonged in my old place. Could hear the guys from the other room banging and dropping including a guitar which obviously makes a distinctive noise when dropped. On the other side everything was dumped in a room - not put into the correct room as I had booked for. Understandable on a couple of things but it was all a mess They’d also moved the shelves that needed to stay at the property and subsequently couldn’t fit the ones they were supposed to take in their van. I had to pay another van service £100 to do a same day move back and forth to resolve. Found a huge gouge out of a wooden bed frame, chipped head on my guitar, scratches and bad chips to a wooden chest of drawers, electrical equipment not working, dented metal baskets which had obviously been chucked around... the list goes on. Utterly careless, I thought perhaps taking advantage of the contactless situation but reading these other reviews I see I’m not alone in receiving this appalling service Have escalated with the company, sent a load of pictures, screenshots of receipts and as much info as possible but my claim apparently doesn’t hold merit because their partner says they did everything right. Interesting that isn’t it! Absolute joke of a company who take no responsibility as they operate as a agency. It’s total lottery whether you get someone decent moving you and let’s be honest, a reputable company would have no need to seek new clients via this agency. I thought I’d be saving about £100 by using this service, but between paying the extra van, replacing and repairing what I can and the hassle of moving heavy boxes and furniture between rooms I’m out of pocket. Terrible service, avoid at all costs
The driver and the service itself were great - no complaints there. What was disappointing was that AnyVan, despite telling us that we could edit the details of our load until a certain point before the pick-up time, charged us a huge and entirely unfair surcharge. None of the customer service reps was able to explain this, and it remains unclear whether there was simply a huge penalty or whether it was the change in the load that caused the price to surge (and in fact double). The size of the load did not really change, not did the load time - but AnyVan's algorithms came to a very different conclusion. Effectively, we switched from a few large boxes to a larger number of small boxes, so this may even have made loading easier. What I am particularly disappointed by is that the problem only became apparent at a point when we were in no position to look for an alternative provider. Combined with the poor customer service the whole thing felt like a deliberate way of putting the customer in a tight spot with misleading device and then ripping them off when they have no option of backing out of the transaction. The follow-up customer service experience was fairly disappointing, too, and I never really got the feeling that AnyVan had understood how badly they had got it wrong, and how unethical their behaviour is. I will never use AnyVan again, and I will continue to advise anyone I talk to against using them.
This company should be closed down. They are an absolute disgrace and I really don’t want to give them 1 star it should be minus 100 Used them to move furniture and belongings from Uk to Spain. We now find ourselves nearly £10,000 out of pocket. All my husbands Bose items have been stolen, along with iPads Curve TV and clothes. The items that were delivered are damaged my Italian leather sofa is ripped £4K my white furniture has been trod on and everything is filthy and damaged. 3 weeks later AnyVan have wiped their hands of the problem. Saying it’s nothing to do with them. I am going to trading standards this company should be shut down they are a bunch of cowboys
If you are a single person moving, these aren't the people to make you feel safe. Girls, careful of these men. Would never recommend this fraud company. Highly questionable characters turn up.
AnyVan sounds like a bunch of cowboys at first glance rıght.. Well as ı found out to my cost recently AnyVan ARE a bunch of COWBOYS. Use them at your peril July 2021 I had been looking for a second hand Merc and after doing my research I scanned the classifieds and bought a car privately. As I am out of the UK for the time being at least I intended to have the car collected directly from the previous owner ın Cheltenham and as ıt wasn’t taxed have it trailered to storage ın East Grinstead. A trip of 130 mıles. I cast around for a company with some sort of pedigree and although there’s plenty of folk out there few even bothered to respond to my enquiries and most of those that did baulked at a car weighing 1800kgs. So it came down to the real professionals i.e. a pucker haulage company or a company who transport super expensive sports cars using bespoke covered trailers (you may have seen them ın the classic car magazines ask them for a quote sometime) So it came down to two options who each wanted a kings ransom or AnyVan who quoted 220 quid With AnyVan you pick your day pay the fee and they allocate you a driver. The driver contacts you by phone. I had picked the followıng Wednesday I alerted all to the arrangements and then ANDY my driver called and asked if he could collect the car a day early on Tuesday as he saıd he was in the area that day but he would stıll deliver it on Wednesday. I should have said no but i thought the price reflected a little flexibility and Andy assured me the car would be locked in a garage overnight I contacted the prevıous owner of my car and he agreed the new date and after the car was collected he sent me two short videos and two photos including the car departing hıs premıse. These were time and date stamped and the car ıs seen on its way at 15.43hrs The car arrived late on Wednesday and the recipient a car storage company advised the driver made an excuse he had van problems due to the hot weather Two weeks later I get a parking ticket through the post the time on the ticket is Tuesday 16.20 the locatıon a few mıles along the route from Cheltenham at an abandoned BP Servıce Statıon that companıes lıke Euro Car Parks prowl for unwary victims I contacted the previous owner who confirmed pretty much what i already knew and I then contacted AnyVan and usıng the web app ı advısed them the story sent them the parkıng tıcket and offered to send them the vıdeo evıdence. Iasked that they pay the fıne or reınburse me part of theır fee . After two chats ı receıved a phone back and the lady ın questıon advised that they would need to speak to the driver and they would call me back ın the comıng days. Despıte chattıng wıth them a further three tımes over the next three workıng days and requestıng a decısıon they never dıd get back to me. . I ended up payıng the tıcket myself. The ability to track the progress location of your transport promised by AnyVan is just nonsense as it clearly relies on updates from the driver there is no real time tracking. One thing is for certain my car was abandoned for 40 minutes. A parkıng tıcket but ıt could have been a lot worse. So the next tıme you are lookıng for someone to tansport your car take note and ask what are you saving if you loose your car. DONT TRUST AnyVan.
Total rubbish. Not collected my bike and won’t refund. Had the cheek to say I had to pay another fee of 50% of the first fee to reschedule. Don’t trust these people. Total con
I chose anyvan due to the very high rating of the company on trust pilot however after my experience I will never be using the service again and I do not recommend this to anyone. I booked a move for almost 200 miles so naturally I will be feeling uneasy and hoping things are handled well. I was told on the day before that the van would arrive between 8-11 AM. However that never happened, the customer service was abysmal. I was on hold for a long time and had to get others involved due to not being able to get through. The online chat had the same generic copy and paste answers so eventually I called the number and was told the driver had cancelled and there were no other drivers in the area for the day until tomorrow. This is pathetic as there should obviously be a backup My Landlord wanted me out that day and I had arranged for transport etc which was pricy and that I had to cancel. If it weren't for a family member getting involved and helping me and negotiating with the flats I lived at, the move wouldn't have worked at all. The next day the Van came and took the furniture down. I was appauled at how badly the items were handled being shoved down onto the street and then into the flat and the very unprofessional attitude from the delivery men saying things such as "I would hate to live in a place this small." and very making inappropriate rude comments about the items and to me. Not to mention only one was even wearing a mask. They also complained about Anyvan and explained they were contracted and stood complaining about the company for some time as if it had anything to do with us. When phoning the company to complain, a family member was told that "from past experiences" they would not give even a partial refund of £50 as I paid about 400 in total. This would imply that similar things have happened in the past which is completely unacceptable. I have relied on this company and given them my time and money and I could never do this again. I'm baffled by the high reviews on Trust pilot as on other websites they are mainly negative which leads me to believe that the reviews are paid for or forged. Do not give this company your time, they are completely inexcusable. Use another reliable removal service. I still require a refund and if needs be will be taking this further.
Don't ever use this company! Awful service and arrogant, unhelpful drivers! I was expecting a proper lorry, but they turned up in 2 Vans! Left a lot of our stuff behind! Don't use them!
Never ever use this company!!! I booked for a 10am start because i have a sick elderly disabled person living with me.The driver phoned at 8.30 am which woke her up,they wanted to start then. This was the start of a terrible day. The 2 delivery guys told us it was Ramadan and that they were fasting which accounts for the fact that they were weak and tired.This did have an impact on their performance throughout the day. The two removal men had the worst Body Odour i have ever smelt in my life.I had to wear 2 Covid masks but i could still smell it and the odour lingered in each room they went in the whole day. They couldn't understand even basic words/instructions in the English language. I took it slow and tried to explain but they just had a glazed look in their eyes and just kept saying 'Yes Boss'. For example there were 3 TV sets over 40' which were on the booking form.I had omitted a 4th TV by mistake. As we had only paid for 3 (over 40') i told them to leave the small one and take the big one but they left the largest and heaviest 66'. They then called and offered to take it for £37 cash, that's a nice little fiddle on the side... Considering 2 garden tables were paid for on the order i actually only ended up needing 1 there could have been some kind of compromise here. They had No packing materials WHATSOEVER! They have damaged furniture and scraped newly applied wallpaper, also chipped paint. I do have photographic evidence of this. If they had understood and followed my instructions this wouldn't have happened. I even told them to take the empty drawers out of a chest so it would not catch the wallpaper but they just went ahead when i was in another room. In both houses they had used the bathrooms without asking any permission and urinated all over the seat and floor area.I believe because of their attitude the they had done this on purpose. I genuinely think this was the first house move they had ever done. One of them actually pointed to a normal coffee table and asked me what it was. My electric bed was brought downstairs without the 2 bases being separated, i told them it was very heavy on the order form and all they did was complain and because they didn't carry the base parts separately or let me know when the bed was going as requested several times they have trapped cables that operate the motor as well as other damage to it and now it is inoperable! There were some pieces of the bed mechanism which came off during the rough man-handling of the frame.I have no idea where the parts belong. This bed alone cost well over £1000 and was used every night by a disabled person. NOT NOW! Thanks a lot! They knew the sizes of furniture when the order asked for them but arrived in a van that was obviously too small, this meant they had to do a second trip,they disappeared for 5 hours and finally finished at 11.30pm. There were no calls or texts offering an explanation for their absence at all. It was only when we went on the 'chat' and had messaged a customer service representative that they called after she said she would contact them. We thought they had run off with our medications and goods so it was extremely worrying. I chose this company because of the glowing reviews from other customers on the internet. I felt really stressed out disappointed with their general unwillingness to do their job correctly. I wish i could give zero stars. I'm totally dissatisfied with their service. Would i recommend these 2 cowboys or this company? NEVER Update: I have now provided photographic evidence of most of the damage caused to Anyvan.com. Yesterday I received an offer from them for the paltry and insulting sum of £140 for the damage caused to my home and furniture! £140 won’t even cover the cost of a technician to review the damage to the motorised bed mechanism. Because of their workers lack of care, training and expertise in the job, a registered Disabled man can no longer benefit from the use of an electric mechanical bed! The bed is completely not usable or fit for purpose. There has been no offer to repair or replace the bed. It’s disgusting customer service from Anyvan.com Tomorrow I am seeking professional advice and direction from my legal representative. I am not accepting £140 compensation. I will seek a true and fair amount to cover the irresponsible damage caused by Anyvan’s employees. This is a true and factual statement about our experience using any van.com Mr Paul Harris and Mrs Patricia Newbery
The two men turned up in a transit van for a house move I had booked a while before. They have two other deliveries they had to do along with ours and the van ended up looking like Tetris. I was initially okay with their response, they got most of the stuff in the van even though they couldn't move the treadmill or my bike as it would take too much room. Then the next day I found out that they hadn't unloaded everything. We are missing a cover for the sofa which I can't quite figure out how they missed. I put a complaint into Anyvan who claim that because there is no evidence it went in the van they don't believe it had even been moved
The money I raised for moving costs has basically been stolen by @AnyVan which is fantastic. Disgusting service, stolen goods, damaged items/walls, inappropriate comments, leaving my items outside in the dirt and rain. Got a phonecall from them to say it's pretty much my fault. 1) They left my previous property unsecured & unlocked with the keys in the door because they couldn't be bothered to wait 5 minutes for my neighbour to return 2) An item costing £190 has mysteriously disappeared after many comments from the drivers stating "Ooh this stuff is expensive, are you rich?" No, I'm a nurse and bought this stuff from charity shops. @AnyVan refuse to believe its been stolen. 3) It took them 8 hours to drive from West Yorkshire to the coast. They then refused to do services I'd paid for because 'it was late'. 4) They left my mattress and sofa outside in the dirt and rain. Both of them are now damaged. 5) My neighbour witnessed them actually not doing any work at all and just sitting around. Probably why it took them 8 hours to drive down. 6) The walls at my new property are scratched and damaged now. My landlord repainted the property only two weeks before I moved in. 7) When the drivers left, they came back to my door demanding that I hadn't paid them for assembly (I had). They then went on to text me at 2am demanding money. 8) The company called me to say it was my fault and responsibility to watch the drivers at all times, so not holding their employees accountable at all. Gross service.
IF I CAN GET YOU TO TAKE ONE THING AWAY FROM THIS REVIEW IT IS THAT ANYVAN ARE NOT COVID COMPLIANT. THEIR MOVERS DO NOT WEAR PPE AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SOCIAL DISTANCE. If i could give Anyvan a zero i would. Quite possibly the worst service I've ever had in any sector. Our movers were over two hours late. We had to chase them. There was no proactive contact. When they arrived both movers weren't fit for the job. Despite alerting them to the stairs in our flat when booking they spent the whole time complaining about them and saying how little they could be bothered. I was assured that the movers would handle everything. However my partner and I had to move about 90% of the stuff because the very lazy movers stayed outside smoking the whole time. In addition to this one of the movers spend the whole time mimicking my partner and ordering us around with comments like 'less organising more lifting' despite her not being willing to lift a finger. There was also the issue of making fun of our possessions, i.e. that there was something wrong with having lots of books. Making a complaint about this was a whole other experience. In summary Anyvan wont concede any fault and have offered no refund for the work we had to do and had the pleasure of paying for. When i said about leaving a bad review I was told it amounted to blackmail. I cant stress how bad Anyvan are. They are cowboys and will make the stress of moving even worse. Shop around and dont let these people steal your money. For reference my booking number is AV6543970
I booked through them for a house move. As I initially wanted to be out of the property by 2pm , while I was putting my order online I contacted their customer service for advise regarding the booking slot. I was advised by a woman to book 10-12pm slot instead as If I booked 12-2pm slot, the driver can turn up at 2pm and that would be risky. I followed the advise. On the day a luton van with 2 men turned up at 10.00. I knew the van was too small for my stuff. They said I will have to pay if they I went over my 2 hours . slot. I called the customer service and they said that correct. They were very rude on the phone and did not want to take responsibility for the advise they have given me. I was left very distressed as I already paid 511 pounds for a 5 mile distance move and now they wanted to charge even more. The guy on the phone said a manager will call in 24h to discuss the misunderstanding but i have never received a call. I called after 2 days and I was told that there is no need for a manager to call as my issue was not their fault. I wanted to raise a complain so that this thing does not happen again to others and they said they don't take complaints !!!!! What a service !!! You cannot complain or talk to a manager!!! Please avoid at all cost. Rather book with a reliable service that avoids the stress on the day. Moving is already stressful but dealing with this scum company is even worse. AVOID AT ALL COST if you want a LESS STRESSFUL DAY. THEY DON'T take responsibility. When I said I am going to write my experience as a review , the guy just said, "that's fine go ahead", very rude with awful customer service.
AVOID!!!! Lying drivers, poor customer services, do what they can to wiggle out and not take responsibility for furniture damage claims. DON'T USE, DON'T TAKE THE RISK. THEY DON'T USE THEIR OWN DRIVERS AND USE 3RD PARTY Inividuals/companies. This company is NOT registered on any of the Ombudsman schemes there you DO NOT HAVE THE SAME PROTECTION. FIND A COMPANY THAT IS A 'REALLY MOVING' OR PART OF 'R. I.O.S' AND DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE DID. First off, we had our house move booked for between 2-4pm. The drivers didn't arrive until 5:20pm!! I watched as they rushed to take my furniture out of my house, knocking and bashing it against almost every wall on their way. At one point they turned my £1,100 sofa bed on its side causing the mechanism to fall out onto the pavement outside breaking one of the feet and gauging the frame. I even had to go and help them to put it back in as they struggled to keep hold of the whole thing but at this time I didn't notice the extent of the damage. They then took my furniture to our new house where my partner was waiting. At this point they scraped the arm to the same sofa a cross a wall causing staining to the arm. By the end of it all, we had a damaged wardrobe which was inside the door to the frame (God knows how they managed it), they cracked and broke my sons cotbed and also the sofa-bed as mentioned above. Extremely unhappy, I emailed the company and filled in the relavent details on their claim form. After not much time at all, they came back to me and told me they had reviewed the case in full and in similar words, "the drivers don't recall any damage, the vehicle was more than big enough to fit all of your furniture whilst being strapped safely inside. And unfortunately as you don't have pictures of the areas of furniture that are damaged PRIOR to the damage, your claim is unsuccessful".... Now I'm not sure who takes photos of underneath their sofas, under their children's cot beds or the inside of their wardrobe frames but surely you cannot expect people to do this? I have emailed several times now and all I get it basically, "sorry we are just the mediators/middle men". The fact that witnessed as they recklessly knocked and banged my furniture against the walls both inside and outside my house and at one point, was even forced to help as I watched them drop the sofa bed mechanism out of my sofa, causing damage to arou d £1,500 worth of furniture, and then to be told sorry, there is no evidence and the drivers said "it didn't happen" makes me very annoyed. Like I said, gamble at your own risk but if I was you, I'd pay a little more and get a proper service with a company that is regulated. Oh yea, they didn't wear masks or gloves either.
Awful company, did not deliver service and kept my money. Cancelled on me last minute and left me in an awful situation. I had to pay another local company at the last moment and lost hundreds of pounds. Anyvan never accepted responsibility or provided a refund.
Do not use they sub contract out. Cannot be trusted, cancelled the booking saying there had been a mix up with dates and that they could no longer do it. They have since taken full amount out of my bank account 5days before due date and have denied ever calling! Warning don't use them!!
Abs awful company not the drivers as they are self employed but the company themselves rip you off - STAY AWAY
ANYVAN is rated 3.2 based on 1,557 reviews