Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
I have had glasses from Scrivens Opticians at Mexborough S. Yorkshire for years the staff are very good and go out of there way to help. They are let down by not having the type of frames that I wear, namely ladies rimless all that was available was one pair identical to the ones I was wearing. Not even any to order on the website very disappointing.
Thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better. We’ll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
I cancel my order,Trying to get my deposit back .Phoned at least six times keep getting told it’s on its way, what a joke.considering taking them to court.
Thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
I called in to my local scrveins in Market Deeping about my aid that had come apart I was informed that there was nothing they could do I was told that I would have to pay £25pound which is none returnable and cost to repair it which I believe is manafacters issue. I would not recommend scribe s to any body.
Hi Eric, Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
The help desk people are not helpful at all after spending £3:500 on them they still aren’t working properly now .
Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Had my glasses (paid just under £300 for two pairs of reading glasses) didn't take out warranty because I take great care of my spectacles but this morning the full priced pair at £200 have broken after 2-3 weeks of little wear. Also was offered 10% discount on both pairs after experiencing horrendous service ( not necessarily by store staff but a combination with the lab) but this money has not been returned to my account!
Hi Karen, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Not happy! Paid £300 for two pairs of glasses and could have got similar at another large chain so much cheaper, waited well over a week for them only to discover at work they were the wrong prescription. Went back and have been waiting over a week for replacements, this time I'm just having reading lenses instead of varifocals but there was no difference in price!! Ridiculously expensive, I had to ask if they'd do buy one pair get one half price as they don't even advertise that they do.
Hi Karen, thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Poor service and a shoddy pair of glasses which I rejected and got a full refund on. I was also frog-marched into the hearing test room for an unwanted hearing test on my first visit. Not recommended.
I think the staff at Hawthorn road branch is desperate need for retraining I was I went into the shop to make an appointment there was a assistant dealing with a customer. so I took a seat next to a customer already waiting then another customer came in and sat down next to me eventually another assistant came rom the back of the shop didn't say a word and took the last customer that came in and served him first under normal circumstances I would hit the roof so I shall return to Spec Savers who seem a lot more customer focused
Hi Stephen. thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Scrivens rent a room at my local doctors surgery. On the face of it I thought it was an NHS hearing test centre but found out this wasn’t the case when I went several weeks ago for a hearing test. I was provided with a pair of hearing aids matched to my hearing requirements for just under £4,000. Unfortunately, the hearing aids didn’t perform very well with me constantly taking them out to hear conversations (and yes, they were switched on). I had to wait 2 weeks for my next appointment and decided enough was enough and handed them back for a full refund provided under the 30 day trial. I was reliably advised that I would get the full refund of my money in 10 working days. Unfortunately, Scrivens appear to not honour the return of your money and when you phone they tell you someone will phone you later the same day to credit your credit card. As you might guess, they don’t phone you back. You try again the next day and once again Scrivens promise to phone you back with a refund and the phone never rings. To date the refund or return call has not happened despite waiting for up to 30 minutes on the phone while they say they’re ‘sorting it out with another department’. I can draw no other conclusion other than that they provide a very substandard service and don’t honour (to date) any refunds. I’m currently taking the matter up with my credit card provider and my doctors surgery as Scrivens have not lived up the the professional standards I would have expected.
Thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We'll make sure the Customer Care team gets in touch with you today.
I booked an appointment 4 weeks in advance, to have it cancelled the day before by them with no explanation. The very polite lady said it was possible to rearrange the appointment, but as I am concerned it might happen again I will be going elsewhere for my eye and hearing tests.
The optician & woman on front desk were lovely. The lenses are extremely expensive & I had to pay to use my own glasses. They said they would be done in a week but we’re more like 2. When I received them were are very thick & don’t fit into the glasses frames. It looks ridiculous. I payed £189 all together for the lenses and charged me £30 for using my own glasses and they won’t refund me & I won’t even wear them. What a rip off
My sister had an eye test yesterday at Beeston, Nottingham. She was told she has a blood clot on the brain and she must go to hospital. My sister was on her own and had to walk home with lack of vision in her eye. when she eventually got home an ambulance was called as the optician had written that she has had a stroke. Why didn't the optician call an ambulance for her? She is now in the stroke unit of our local hospital being treated for a stroke. I work for the ambulance service and am appalled that she could be treated like this
Thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Hearing test due no audiologist available three months later after endless letters telling me I cannot have batteries if I don't make appointment letter arrives again called the shop audiologist available in November phoned immediately appointment given for November 11th @4pm one arrival for appointment find it hasn't been put in the book but you can have one for December the 4th in exasperation walked out. Now did to go any where else need a Dr to refer me !!!!
Was given terrible precription which was totally wrong compared to a precription from else where. This may have damaged my eye sight. I am shocked at their unprofessionalism at Royston branch even with a second eye test, they still got my precription totally wrong and this would have finally damaged my eye sight for life. If you do not want your eye sight damaged, please and please do not visit them. They have the old equipments for eye test compared to where i finally had my eye properly tested. Please stay away from Scrivens Royston for your own good.
I made appointment in store. The Lady told me £15 for eye test, then I can get free 5 pairs of contacts lens trials to try which is best for me, then I can order contacts lens by store. Then I see the scrivens official web Only £10 for eye test. Then I went to store, they told me I can’t get 5 pair of contacts lens trials, and I need to book other appointments for £25 contacts lens fitting. I can understand £25 contacts lens fitting, but I can’t understand why the lady told me like that!!
Hi Bingshan, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you
made two separate appointments of which both were cancelled only ten and twenty minutes prior to my appointment even though I checked the day before that the optician would be in complete waste of my time
Hi Bob, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Appalling customer service. Overcharged with by taking two direct debits for the same goods and although admit to owing me hundreds of pounds they wont give it back. Phone calls not returned, deliberate delaying tactics to avoid the refund.
Hi Andy, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
attended north walsham branch for annual eye test accompanied by my partner.on being called in by the optician also during the eye test i found him to be very blunt with his attitude and lack of people skills, not even saying good morning .also during exam was quite blunt with my partner who was trying to be helpful.needless to say i or my partner will not be using scrivens again.
Our NHS hearing services, which used to be excellent, are now provided by Scrivens. My mother (in her 90s) had to wait many weeks for an appointment, which eventually took place at the end of July. She was assured that she would have her hearing aids within 4 weeks. We heard nothing more. After 5 weeks, I called to find out why this promise had failed. I was told the aids hadn't yet been made, but would be available by 8th October. This was nearly 10 weeks after the test, not 4. Today, 2 hours before her appointment, I was called by Scrivens. They have no idea where her hearing aids are, have no idea when they will be ready, but feel sure they will be available by 5th November. They only have one appointment available that day, at the least convenient time imaginable, and if we don't want it, then we will have to wait another 5 weeks. Frankly, this has to be about the worst service ever delivered by any company, anywhere. I selected one star only because I wasn't able to select zero stars, and anyway, I guess we should be grateful that they called before we actually set off for the appointment. In my view, the public money spent on these private companies would be better spent investing in the NHS.
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Loughborough branch expensive c/w others in town. After sales service for defective frame poor. Local manager no help, just a cop out to centralised customer service. Avoid. There are better opticians who care about their customers.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,545 reviews