Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
Had text message saying glasses ready to collect. Tried them on and they were not as ordered - mix up. I ordered readers and given distance!! Not impressed as waited days to receive wrong glasses and now waiting to receive correct glasses, and in the meantime I’ve struggled with off the peg glasses. No mention of speedy dispatch or refund made by assistant. In the past I’ve received very good service for glasses and hearing aids. What a pity this record has been spoiled. Trevor Lewis
Hi Trevor, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Not happy with service. Had to chase store to find if my new glass had come in. When I picked up my new glasses I said at time they were not right. Was sent home to try and a week later I was back in store. They had to return for alternations to lenses. Just not a good overall service.
Hi, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Customer service could do with improving, not that friendly on front desk. Also you pay extortionate amount for the cheapest pair of glasses possible and scrivens have even managed to save on their glass cases by making them out of plastic.
Hi, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
My spectacles from the previous year were porr quality and just did not stay on, so I was anxious to change. Recent eye test, new optician, all seemed to go well and was promising. Some extra care on frame choice too made it feel it could be different. The physical arrival was a bit of a mess, and then when I got the specs the prescription was not quite right-a downgrade from where I was. However the “old”pair were so awful that I have decided to keep the new ones, SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY STAY ON.
Hi Allan, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Friendly, efficient service. A bit, pricy and not to my personal expectations of after care.
Thank you for your review. Your feedback helps us get better. We’ll pass your comments onto the appropriate department for you.
You supplied me with some varifocal glasses last week and I am tryung to get used to them. The intial prblem was that I had to make my eyes look down further than normal to benefit from the reading sector. So, at the Ashby shop the lady adjusted the height on my nose and the formerproblem has gone away but the distance sector goes blurred looking through at normal long distance head position. I am not sure that I can get used to this. William Moore
Hi William, thank you for posting your review. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue for you.
A warm welcome at reception and good customer service
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!
Staff friendly and helpful. However it has cost me a total of £387 to finally get glasses I can use. Bifocals are not suitable for using my iPad so after paying extra to have first pair altered I have had to buy a second pair of glasses for using the iPad. Last year at another opticians I had 3 pros glasses for half the price.
Thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Hi. My first and only hearing test at 87 years. Rather strange at first, took a while to get accustomed to the "new" sounds but worth the effort, made me realise what I had lost. Could not have had better service and after care. Will pass the message onto others who just turn the TV up. Cheers, James Youell (Crawley)
HI James, thank you for the kind words! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
You are trying and well attending to me ..I wish to back to your store again.. the Doctor that attend to me is very very good and she knows how to deal with client with a good manner and the manager there is okay because he has customers skill..the only things I want to say that my lenses is bit dack and freeze but I can't come back and laughing the complain because am going away for my holiday..but am using the one I got from specsavers now..thanks .
Hi Olasunboh, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Wife had her eyes checked. Optician said you just need a small tweak. Cost overall about £300.Get a phone call a week later asking for another £60.There mistake glasses didn't fit no photochromic finish. Very poor service.
Hi George, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
I’ve already completed a review. I feel quite upset with Scrivens on the basis when I brought my glasses I was not made aware of the offer which was on at the time. A none customer told me, when I queried it I was told only the manager could make the decision. I rang again after the bank holiday and was told only head office could make the decision if I should receive the offer, the offer which I should have been advised of at the time of me buying my glasses. I was phoned and told as a “goodwill jester” I would be given the offer!! My concern is as a valued customer I should have been given this offer, not as a goodwill jester, but because I had brought my glasses at the time the offer was on.
Hi Christine, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We’ll pass your comments onto the appropriate department.
Got my prescription wrong and was without my glasses for about 5 weeks, Was given compensation, matter resolved satisfactorily
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Having spent close to £1000 in past two years I am hoping that the glasses I collected yesterday are more satisfactory, I am going back on Thursday to have any adjustments. none of your opticians could find any thing radically wrong with my sight' nor could New cross eye department A&E, all they can see are dry eyes and cataracts in their early stages.
Hi John, thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
Eye test went ok, but not a great deal of choice in small ladies glasses. Very few colours to choose from. I was disappointed.
Thanks for sharing your feedback, it helps us get better. We’ll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
My recent purchase was in February and I'm still.waiting for my new contact lenses!
Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Very disappointed at how long it took to receive my glasses .Otherwise I was happy with the service received
Hi Clare, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Whilst my actual Eye Test this year & last was excellent. It was noticed during my Eye Test that the Prescription from last year had been processed on the Lenses incorrectly. That was obviously the reason that they seemed strange & caused me to have a fall. I had been back to the Shop a couple of times last year about this, but was fobbed off ! The Optometrist came out with me into the shop & after pointing out the mistake on previous prescription, she asked them to sort it out. So, the young lady re-checked the fitting of existing frames, made notes & started totting up £'s cost. When she got to £350+ I asked if I had to pay all of that? When she said Yes, I said forget it, left the establishment & do not feel inclined to return ever! I doubt this review will be Published 🤔
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Very good option and eye test was 1st class but the after sales wasn't as personal as previously felt in store. Will definitely think twice when next due about this.
Hi Pete, thanks for your rating. If you’ve any feedback on how we could improve our services please contact customercare@scrivens.com and let us know!
Disappointed is all I can really say. First eye test failed, second reading test failed, various suggestions made, no improvement - bearing in mind that the first eye test was towards the end of November 2019! It was mutually agreed that I could have a refund nearly THREE weeks ago and I am still waiting for it to happen. But - you gave me a hearing test that I didn't want, but apparently it is compulsory... Please can someone return my money.......
Hi Glenis, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,236 reviews