Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
I attended the Chesterfield Branch with my mum Mrs Janet Middleton who is 87 for both hearing and eyesight tests. She was delighted with the professional care she received and the attentive polite and friendly service she was shown from Tracy and Selina with regard to her glasses being chosen and fitted once made. Also she would like to thank the optometrist who examined her eyes and Sarah who did her hearing test. All her visits went smoothly and on time. She would like to pass on her thanks as it meant so much to her the be treated so well and with such care.
Hi, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at our Chesterfield branch went so smoothly.
Pay by direct debit monthly for contact lenses and they never arrive. Tried calling emailing, can never talk to anyone. Do not use this company.
As always my experience at Scrivens was fantastic, such lovely caring staff who do actually care that you're making the right purchase. In particular Diane Cater was fabulous, nothing is ever too much trouble and the offer of calling back into branch at any time if you need any support so a huge thank you.
My local opticians relocated and decided to use Scrivens. Phoned up to make an appointment, gave my details, and one was made for me to attend two days later. Turned up on time, having taken half-day leave from work, only to be told I didn't have an appointment. Yet all my details were there on the system. No explanation and an apology that was, at best, half hearted. I was given a card to phone back to make another appointment. Sadly, this customer service failure has marred my perception of Scrivens and will not be returning.
Hi Chris, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Absolutely terrible customer service, the people on the end of the phone continually read from a script and quote nonsense. My mother put up with their excuses and half hearted efforts to placate her and get her out the door after continually having to visit the store. We finally had had enough after allowing and enduring excuses for months, to be told Scrivens would not refund the cost my mother paid for a truly unfit for purpose product. It seems Scrivens especially the Fleetwood branch are adept at fobbing off elderly vulnerable customers.
Hi Stephen, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Scrivens Chesterfield, been visiting for Eye Test's , Hearing Test's and new Glasses for a few years now , Always the friendly helpful chatty atmosphere, they take time to explain any technical malarkey relating to the options and products available, make a lovely mug of coffee (Off menu, of course, in the "Covid-age") I certainly recommend them highly !
Hi Patrick, thank you for your wonderful review! We're delighted to hear you are happy with your new glasses. We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
Useless. Won't answer their phone and impossible to book an appointment on their website
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
I have found the level of customer service from Scrivens appalling. I have been trying to contact Scrivens for over a month as I have not received my lenses. There has been no reply to emails and you do not answer your phones. I have worn the same pair for 2 months as I am a key worker and need to see. My eyes are red and sore. My father is with spec savers and received exemplary service on the other hand. I appreciate things are more difficult with Covid. However do not take money from my account every month if you can not provide a service. I shall be moving to specsavers
I am not happy with my glasses they seem to have a coating on that keeps smearing never had this on any other glasses. I have not had time to go back with them yet as I have been working but I will go back with them on Wednesday or thursday
Hi Karen, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction
i had to return 4 times to the shop
Hi Barry, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Would recommend this opticians to every one who needs to see an optician the staff are excellent very caring very informative listen to every word you say very helpful regarding costs . Book an appointment and see the difference.
Hi Maureen, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
They staff we great, so lovely and helpful, really friendly people!
Hi Lauren, thank you for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the team at your local branch.
The most professional and caring staff in the Bolton branch. Highly recommended!
I always receive good service and a friendly welcome at Scrivens. I have got to know them well over the time I have been going there and was happy to send my Swiss friend to them when she was over here staying with me. She was delighted with her glasses. I look forward to getting my new pairs soon for driving and for reading. Natalia.
Hi, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
We have had the most amazing service from Tracy the manager and her team Charlotte, serens,Diane, and from the option agreed. I took my 92 year old mum in thinking her sight was failing and the whole team were so helpful supportive and with new glasses can see better Many thanks
Hi Vivienne, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Outstanding service once again at your Tewkesbury store. The girls are always very friendly and make everyone feel like part of their family, there is always such a great atmosphere, it makes having my annual eye test a pleasure. The new male Optician was superb, very friendly and informative.
Hi, thank you for your wonderful review! We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
Eye test and hearing test at Alfreton branch Very happy and satisfied with friendly staff Would recomend
Hi, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Alfreton.
New varifocals...barely useable, £300 wasted. Lovely staff in the shop, but the product is no good to me. Waste of money.
A big Thank You to the staff at the Sutton Coldfield Branch. They are so helpful, professional and friendly. The eye test was very thorough and the optician made you feel at ease, taking the time to explain everything. A special mention to the young lady who helped me to choose a new frame, took the time to ensure the correct measurements and then made sure the glasses fitted properly when I collected them. I feel the staff really enjoy their job, even in these difficult conditions, which has a very positive effect for customers. I am an avid contact lens wearer but I now love wearing my new glasses.
Hi Joy, thank you for your wonderful review! We're delighted to hear you are happy with your new glasses. We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
Very good experience. Staff warm and welcoming. Service exceptional. All staff are very knowledgeable and very helpful. Staff make you feel comfortable without any pressure.
Hi Abid, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.56 based on 3,425 reviews