Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
Good staff, always helpful even those they are restricted by a limited selection of men’s and designer frames. Found it hard to choose a pair I liked. The designer frames were so limited.
Posted 1 hour ago
After moving to Colchester 5 years ago I have found an opticians that cares about the client. My experience at Scrivens could not be faulted from booking an appointment to the actual eye test. An added bonus was a hearing test. Everyone involved were friendly and helpful in a professional manner.
Hi Fiona, Thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at our Colchester branch went so smoothly.
I had a good experience when I had my eyes tested, the assistant was very patient as I was choosing my new frames.
Hi, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Everyone was really lovely, caring and helpful and let me take my time in choosing my glasses. Would very much recommend to family and friends.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Was well looked after and had a thorough examination, they made me feel covid safe and were very friendly.
Hi Cath, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Wow absolutely delighted with the service I received first class so much help given . Delightful staff and very helpful would recommend them to anyone thank you for all your help
Hi Sheila, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Visited the Milton Keynes team today. What can I say? Firstly, the team are all Covid compliant which put me immediately at ease. Secondly, the customer service experienced today is a very traditional experience - I left the shop feeling super thoroughly looked after, consulted with (not sold to), and guided on choice. This team impressed me hugely with their service driven approach. You simply don’t get this experience on the high street, no matter how they may try and replicate the years of wisdom. If you haven’t already - try them just once. Thanks team, I’ll be back to collect my gorgeous choices soon 💜
Hi Samantha, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Milton Keynes.
Great service and efficient
Hi Ulrika, thank you for your wonderful review!
Everyone at Scriven's working at my local branch are very professional in what they all do.I have had my Diabetic Eye screening at Scrivens for the last 2/3 years, and it has always been done with complete care and attention. My normal eye test went very well, and I already knew that I needed new specs, and the test confirmed this. I have to admit that having chosen my new frames I was a little taken aback at the price of the lenses I was given. I realise that my prescription is for variofocals and that my left eye is extremely weak, but when my new specs are ready, they will be the most expensive ones that I have ever bought. I did mention this when being fitted for the new ones, but obviously Scrivens have their set lists of prices like all other opticians. I do think though that pensioners might receive some sort of discount, not massive, just to show that Scrivens do like to look after their older customers. However, I am looking forward to my new specs, when they are ready in a few days time.
Hi Geoff, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
I think it is shocking that Scrivens does not have a free return policy. My 98 year old mother bought two pairs and realised when she got home that one frame was totally unsuitable. She had to pay £75 to have a different frame. And when we went to collect, they had fitted the wrong prescription in the new frames, so another lengthy wait for the correct combination. Shocking.
Hi, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
The people working there were very helpful, which made my experience there much better than last time.
Hi Ayla, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
I walked into Scrivens, without an Appointment, concerning an eye problem. I was seen by an Optician within 15 minutes. Excellent service.
Excellent care and attention from all the staff at the Fleetwood branch. They were so welcoming and made me and my husband feel very relaxed and the process to deal with. Great Job, well done!
Hi Shelley, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at our Fleetwood branch went so smoothly.
Excellent and very thorough service.
Hi Jon, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Very friendly staff and very helpful
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Had text message saying glasses ready to collect. Tried them on and they were not as ordered - mix up. I ordered readers and given distance!! Not impressed as waited days to receive wrong glasses and now waiting to receive correct glasses, and in the meantime I’ve struggled with off the peg glasses. No mention of speedy dispatch or refund made by assistant. In the past I’ve received very good service for glasses and hearing aids. What a pity this record has been spoiled. Trevor Lewis
Hi Trevor, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Good thorough service
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Thankyou very much to the professional staff who have looked after my eyes for 31 years and who are still my first choice in eyecare The staff who have carried out my recent appointments are Tracey ,Diane ,Selena ,Amreen .👍
Hi Scott, thank you for your wonderful review!
The staff were friendly and really helpful. The dispenser suggested a frame I hadn’t noticed which I subsequently chose.
Hi Hilary, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
I feel that Scrivens Opticians are very througher with eye check ups. And the choice of frames is excellent. I would recommend Scrivens because eyes are worth the best.
Hi, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,237 reviews