Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
Lovely staff. Thorough examination. Both the optician and the staff who helped me choose frames were professional, helpful and friendly. Didcot branch.
Hi, thank you for your wonderful review! We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
I took my father to the Wimborne Branch for an eye test. He is 95 and has Alzheimers and I was naturally worried about how things would go. The staff were wonderful with him, particularly Claire Davies and Plahe Ravinder, making the whole event, something he thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you so much.
Hi Tania, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Wimborne.
We came to Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Centre in Kentish Town on Friday 30th July for our eye tests. Michael Sharpstone was absolutely wonderful. Extremely professional, attentive and very caring. Avril and Doulat were also excellent when it came to choosing glasses.
Hi Linda, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at Kentish Town went so smoothly.
Absolutely brilliant and caring as well as helpful
Hi Irene, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Always get good customer care
Hi Vi, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
The eye test carried out my Michael Sharpstone was excellent and the when I choose new glasses Avril Watts and Doulat Richards were extremely helpful and efficient
Hi Barry, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
The staff and opticians at Newark are all extremly helpful i really cannot prase them enough for there profesinal service
Hi Len, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
First time visit. We were made to feel very comfortable. Staff were professional and caring. Everything went smoothly.
Hi Margarette, thank you for your wonderful review!
My eye test appointment was at 4.30pm later in the working day. I arrived well beforehand. The eye test itself I was more than satisfied. However when choosing my first pair of glasses I felt very rushed. My glasses have yet to arrive which I’m very apprehensive that they are going to sit correctly and be comfortable.
Hi Glenn, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Good old fashioned personal service. Very attentive with honest advice.
Hi Ramona, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Very good service and helpful staff
Hi, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
I attended Wed 28th July for routine eye test which I only booked the day previous. Very well catered for by all the staff,friendly ,polite and patient. Never for a moment felt rushed or an inconvenience by the optician nor the front of desk. Thanks for time and help. R.jeffrey
Hi, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
I visited the St Ives store recently for an eye check and new glasses. The level of service was excellent, all staff involved in the process were skilled and took great care to assist me.
Hi Richard, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at St Ives went so smoothly.
I love going to Scriven’s. The staff are friendly yet professional... they are always happy to answer any questions and make you feel valued. Thank you Mrs. Gibbs and all at Scriven’s Newmarket.
Very pleasant staff. I do feel that most of your shops need their exteriors smartened up. They look rather shabby.
Hi, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better.
After my eye examination I was prescribed glasses. They were for a total of over £300. I paid a deposit of £200, the glasses were to be ready in 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately I contracted COVID-19 and was very unwell for a long time. Thank God I made it through. I couldn’t walk past my front door for sometime as well. All my house hold one by one received a fair share of the disease. Social isolation became social isolation. It’s after some time that I remembered my Scrivens prescription and the deposit I paid for the glasses. When I managed to go there I was told I lost the glasses and the deposit. That would not have been a problem if I was told before I paid the deposit that I would loose the glasses and the money I would have made an informed decision. But I was not told. There was no clear written information that could back their decision of taking deposits from customers and not providing the services as expected. Why didn’t they send me massages, email or phone to let me know that I’m going to loose my glasses and deposit if I don’t collect them. However to what I was facing in my life, I’m happy I have what’s left of it. I and my family will never be going to Scrivens again. They can take the glasses and the deposit as they have already done. I will take my service somewhere else.
Hi Mariam, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
After both my wife and I had received an over- strong prescription for a total of 3 glasses from a previous visit I decided to give Scrivens another chance -my wife went elsewhere. In a recent re-examination a new prescription was found to be necessary and a pair of new glasses chosen and paid for with 10 days given for the delivery period. I rang today for an update since it is nearly 3 weeks since my check-up and was told that no order had been placed and could I call in to chose my frames! Having a debit card receipt I queued at my bank for 30 minutes to get their written confirmation of payment which went through 18 days ago. I have now returned to Scrivens with these written details and have subsequently been told that my money is being refunded but these two experiences would fall well short of "providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence". I won't be returning although the staff did try their best to resolve the situation.
Hi, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Very good and up to date with my recent surgery.
Hi Peter, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
My elderly mother, who currently has a broken bone in her back, made her way to her post cataract operation examination to be told that the optician doing the exam wasn’t qualified to do this. This was because your Rotherham branch had rearranged the appointment but had not taken into account the nature of the appointment. She is massively distressed by the whole experience and now has to make another journey next week.
(Rotherham) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi David, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.56 based on 3,429 reviews