Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
My local opticians relocated and decided to use Scrivens. Phoned up to make an appointment, gave my details, and one was made for me to attend two days later. Turned up on time, having taken half-day leave from work, only to be told I didn't have an appointment. Yet all my details were there on the system. No explanation and an apology that was, at best, half hearted. I was given a card to phone back to make another appointment. Sadly, this customer service failure has marred my perception of Scrivens and will not be returning.
Hi Chris, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
It was good to hear from you about my eye test and new glasses, only problem with that is I havent actually had an eye test for nearly 2yrs.
My husband,Ray Mather I both attended your clinic and we were very satisfied by the care and attention we got from your staff, very efficient and very pleasant
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
I went into your Witney branch on Thursday 8th April and the lady who was working was absolutely useless. It’s like she didn’t know what she was talking about and making things so much complicated then what they were. I asked her the prices of Nikon Varifocals and it was like it was so much hard work, I have been your customer for a quite a few years and felt like my needs wasn’t met.
As requested, I have tried to contact you on 0800 626 427 (several times over five days), no one answers. And, despite leaving my number, no one calls back. Very bad service.
Hi Roger, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better. We’ll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
I had been with Westgate opticians Peterborough for 40yrs and no complaints,today I went into scrivens who I believe took over, as I had broken the arm of my specs,to be told as I knew anyway, that it could not be fixed,I asked if the lens could be put into a new frame,No they dont do a frame to fit that lens she said,my complaint is the way she reacted,she then went on to say I had bought them at westgate not there,in the end i have had to purchase a new pair of glasses and was told it would be 2weeks as its busy around easter,I have never had any problem with any staff in westgate or scrivens, today as changed my view,she was not at all helpful,I felt like I should walk out but I do need my glasses.
Hi, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Spent £300 on a new pair of varifocals that I can't get to focus for me. They tried again but just as bad 2nd time. Not happy....the staff are friendly but the product isn't good at all.
Hi, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
New varifocals...barely useable, £300 wasted. Lovely staff in the shop, but the product is no good to me. Waste of money.
Had my hearing aids just under 4 yrs and both broke, when I asked about repair, because hadn’t taken out cover and were out of warranty they scammed me for £25 to send then away for repair, and then asked for a further£175 to repair it. When I bought them they cost £495, which means I could buy a new one for £45 more.
Hi, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Scrivens basically charged too much money from customer . Once we booked eye test then they offered to provide a glasses as per NHS Voucher .Once we had done eye test the they claim more money for us , this is not acceptable. If they could not make glasses with in NHS voucher budget then they need to inform customer before book eye test. Boots and spacesaver could make bifocal glasses with in NHS voucher budget , why should Scrivens cheat their customer .
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
NHS hearing aid for elderly mother - ordered before December - not available for fitting at appointed time (mid December 'due to Brexit') just the one temporary hearing aid supplied to 'get her through Xmas' - still not contacted till WE chased in late Feb, early March and still not there on second chasing - then on fitting appointment (mid March) moulds for earpiece have to be retaken as previous new moulds not available - so now just waiting for these to sent back - we have been told to keep the new hearing aid as they (the shop) will loose them. I dont really want to go back there with my mother and will investigate other options if possible, I dont trust them for anything else, this is my elderly (shouty - she's deaf!) mother, and the staff/audiologist etc do not really seem to have much care for their patients - taking her and my business elsewhere if we can - will confirm with her Dr's surgery if we can go to another provider.
Unfortunately since 4 January I have had to have four appointments with the opticians (three different ones) each time the optician had forgotten to do a particular sight or eye check this has resulted in the spectacles being returned three times and am still waiting for spectacles I can use. Also, one pair for long sight not needed by me though have been charged for new lenses.
I have to give the above result as my glasses are now back at your factory following my eye test. Most unsatisfactory, no pressure checked, no enquiry as to why I returned after only eight months since last test, no enquiry as to hobbies. No computer used for recording result, most unsatisfactory. John Adams has now taken over. Will only return in future unless I see him .please note.
The letter I received said that I could make an appointment on line. This does not appear to be the case, it just wants to find my nearest Scrivens, I know that I have been attending the same branch for Over 10 years.
Hi Roy, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
The ladies in the Witney branch are absolutely fantastic! They are very knowledgeable about their job. I enjoyed my experience going Scrivens for the very first! I’m definitely coming back next year! Thank you ladies for making it an amazing experience
Hi, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at the Witney branch went so smoothly.
Absolutely terrible customer service, the people on the end of the phone continually read from a script and quote nonsense. My mother put up with their excuses and half hearted efforts to placate her and get her out the door after continually having to visit the store. We finally had had enough after allowing and enduring excuses for months, to be told Scrivens would not refund the cost my mother paid for a truly unfit for purpose product. It seems Scrivens especially the Fleetwood branch are adept at fobbing off elderly vulnerable customers.
Hi Stephen, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Waiting several weeks for a contact lense solution delivery . Still waiting and been a customer since 1982 .
Hi Susan, thank you for posting your review and we're sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
I was fitted with new hearing aids and had to go back due to the right aid squeaking like a bird and the left one with distorted sound. Went back, adjustments made with results of no difference. Have a further appointment for 5 days time, see what happens then. In the meanwhile received a letter today asking that I complete a questionnaire. Unable to get access to the questionnaire despite several attempts, only this page which is a review, not a questionnaire, their site is as much use as a chocolate fire guard. I have complained to my GP with regards to this Company.
Hi Malcolm, thank you for your review. We're sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
I ordered and paid for a new pair of spectacles from Scrivens on 27th November 2020, having first had an Eye Test. I was told that they should be ready in approximatly 5 to 10 days. After numerous checks and promises from the staff, I eventually recieved them after FORTY ONE days on I believe, the 8th January,2021. Being 78years old and defined as Clinically Extremely Vulnerable, (Covid advice), and new to the area, I do not go out unless absolutely necessary, all enquiries were therefore made by my daughter, who also eventually collected them. On receiving them, I found that, when worn for reading, I became dizzy. I have been advised this means that the glasses need adjusting, however in the present Covid situation, I cannot go to the shop to have this done. MY REVIEW IS BASED ONLY ON THE OPTICAL SIDE WHICH WAS VERY POOR, though the original staff seen were very helpful. THE AUDIO SIDE WAS VERY GOOD, ordering Aids being fitted etc was very efficient, and the were delivered in approx 2 weeks with medical problems causing the delay. Scrivens were advised and booked by my Doctor for new Hearing aids and whilst there I also ordered the new glasses, which are still not correct. I will when I am advised it is safe for me, have to have them corrected.
Thank you for posting your review and we're sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
I went to check my eyes while ago. Doctor find the best glasses for me, problem was I couldn't see properly through them! Picture was not clear. He told me that me eyes have to adjust and he knows what he is talking about. Then they tried to make me pay over £200 for frames. I left, went to different options and like I thought the optician from scrivens was wrong!
Hi Diana, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,236 reviews