Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
I ordered and paid for a new pair of spectacles from Scrivens on 27th November 2020, having first had an Eye Test. I was told that they should be ready in approximatly 5 to 10 days. After numerous checks and promises from the staff, I eventually recieved them after FORTY ONE days on I believe, the 8th January,2021.
Being 78years old and defined as Clinically Extremely Vulnerable, (Covid advice), and new to the area, I do not go out unless absolutely necessary, all
enquiries were therefore made by my daughter, who also eventually collected them. On receiving them, I found that, when worn for reading, I became dizzy. I have been advised this means that the glasses need adjusting, however in the present Covid situation, I cannot go to the shop to have this done. MY REVIEW IS BASED ONLY ON THE OPTICAL SIDE WHICH WAS VERY POOR, though the original staff seen were very helpful. THE AUDIO SIDE WAS VERY GOOD, ordering Aids being fitted etc was very efficient, and the were delivered in approx 2 weeks with medical problems causing the delay.
Scrivens were advised and booked by my Doctor for new Hearing aids and whilst there I also ordered the new glasses, which are still not correct. I will when I am advised it is safe for me, have to have them corrected.
The rude attitude of a member of staff at the Thirsk branch who was quick to judge without knowing the full situation who then took it upon herself to talk about me to her colleagues. It is a shame she did not know that branch was my opticians. So quick to judge. I shall now take my business elsewhere.
Friendly, patient and caring staff help to provide their customers with an overall satisfactory experience.
Helpful good selection of frames lenses provide excellent vision
Helpful and friendly
Excellent and professional service. Thank you.
I would like to say a big thank you for the way Scrivens staff looked after me .
Polite, friendly nothing to much trouble.
Excellent care and knowledge and friendly staff
Very professional, very helpful and kind experts. The eye examination was the best I have ever experienced. So far, I have only had examinations in Hungary, where, for example, I never had my eye pressure measured. My glasses are good too, I'm happy with it.
Very welcoming staff who all obviously knew what they were doing and did it with a minimum of fuss.
First class service. Had to cancel my glasses after visit to local eye hospital. They were very helpful and refunded my deposit straight away. Will definitely use them again ASAP.
All the staff are friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Very efficient service. Staff are also very helpful when choosing glasses
Friendly staff very approachable & satisfied with my recent visit.
Very friendly would recommend
Great service and support. Highly recommended. From the booking to the eye test to the purchase of glasses, everything was exceptional and I’m glad to be able to see properly again😅
I attended Yarm Medical Centre on 14/01/21 for a hearing assessment which was carried out by Ms J Bennett. This turned out to be a very professional review by a friendly, knowledgeable Audiologist that put me at ease and explained every step of the process as it was undertaken. A highly recommended organisation.
Many thanks. Jim Maloney.
Hi James, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
My hearing aids have changed my life. They have reduced the amount of tinnitus I experience now which was getting me down.
The help to get my hearing aids was a good experience as the person doing the testing was very patient and polite at all times.
Hi Mary, thank you for the excellent review and taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
I have moved here from having been a Boots customer for years.
James and his staff here could not be more patient.
Absolutely nothing is too much trouble.
You may pay a little more here than other places but you get a cery professional personal assessment of your situation.
I can't recommend this store highly enough.
And very Covid Aware.
Well done all.
Thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Very helpful and knowledgeable staff in the Blandford store. I never felt rushed into making decisions about which glasses I wanted to choose, and despite them having to clean/sterilise every pair I tried on that did not seem to be any trouble for them. I felt the store was very Covid safe. The optician explained everything, and how and why my prescription had changed. They told me my glasses would be here by 16th January, and they arrived 3 days earlier than that. Excellent. Thanks. Recommend.
Hi Andy, thank you for your wonderful review! We're delighted to hear you are happy with your new glasses. We'll pass your comments onto the Blandford branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
The friendly, very capable staff in my local branch were more than happy to make repairs to 2 pairs of glasses which had broken over the xmas period. Thank you for being open and not turning me away!
Hi Angela, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 2,987 reviews