Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care: Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

How would you rate Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Keith Creasey
Unverified Reviewer
"Very upset by service and quality also misleading data given"
Hi Keith, thank you for your feedback. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with the details, they will investigate what happened for you.
"Very helpful staff and a thorough eye test. The only reason I did not purchase new glasses is that my prescription had not changed. Highly recommended."
Many thanks for your feedback.
Joanne And Kai Andrew
"Nice friendly service"
Thank you for your comments. We'll pass your feedback on to the team at your local branch.
"Friendly efficient service from the team at North Finchley. A much more personal service than experienced elsewhere and would happily recommend."
Hi Katie, thank you for your comments. We'll pass your feedback on to the team at your local branch.
"Very caring and obliging"
Hi Irene, thank you for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the team at your local branch.
"Excellent service, very friendly staff, I will recommend you to all the family and friends"
Hi Scott, thank your for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the team at your local branch.
"Excellent communication throughout! And a pleasure to deal with from all the helpful staff."
Thank you for your comments!
Christine Kane
Verified Reviewer
"Very helpful staff and excellent service"
Hi Christine, thank you for your comments. We'll pass your feedback on to the team at your local branch.
"Being my first time using Scrivens I expected at least good service, I have had my eyes tested numerous times over the years, the last ten with Tesco, but as they have now ceased to provide this service, and did not like the firm taking over I thought Scrivens would be a good option, was welcomed at my appointment, but felt they were somewhat in the stone ages with there equipment, and did not like the part where close contact was made to look behind my eyes, still I persisted, and my eyes had a slight change, so therefore I had to order two pairs of glasses, one for reading, one for driving which have to have a blue tint. I completed my order an signed, paid in full, and awaited delivery to the shop, within a couple of days they arrived, the reading glasses were fine, but don't feel as clear as any new glasses have felt in the past, the second pair came back minus the tint, therefore had to be returned to make right, some days later I was by the opticians and called in to see what was happening, after checking it was found they had come back, but know one informed me, extremely poor service, and will not use again, unhappy customer."
Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to email customercare@scrivens.com with your details, we'd like to investigate what happened for you.
"Great customer service, really friendly and helpful staff."
Thank you for your comments.
"The staff are so friendly and helpful. I have always received excellent care and advice."
Hi Karen, thank you for your comments. We'll pass your feedback on to the team at your local branch.
"I had a eye test"
Thank you for the 5 star rating!
"The hearing aids I was fitted with are too uncomfortable to wear. The hinge to open the battery is very sharp and sticks into the back of my ears. Unbearable after short time. Ridiculously poor design. Told no others available."
Thank you for your feedback, your comments have been passed on to our Customer Care team. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with your personal details, they will investigate this for you.
"Great service."
Thank you for your feedback.
Betty And Clifford Mayhew
Unverified Reviewer
"The service was excellent and if you have any problems they sought them right away ,"
Thank you for your comments, we'll pass your feedback and to the team at your local branch.
"great service got glasses frame replaced in 20mins given great advice"
Hi Geoff, thank you for your feedback.
"I hadn't had my eyes tested for a good while & was made to feel welcome. I had been to Specsavers before but following a big problem with them with a pair of my husband's glasses decided to try a local company. I found it friendly, unhurried & a relaxed atmosphere. The ladies were kind & helpful. I also found out that I should be having yearly tests as there is glaucoma in the family - I hadn't been told this elsewhere."
Thank you for your feedback.
"They were very proffessional and friendly. They took time to explain what they were doing and helped me choose a pair of glasses just right for me. They also offered me discounts which were available, saving me a lot of money. I'm very happy with my glasses."
Hi Dani, thanks for your comments. We'll pass your feedback on to the team at your local branch.
Katharine May
Unverified Reviewer
"I was given an appointment within 5 days of visiting & received my prescription glasses within 1 week of my initial visit."
Hi Katharine, thank you for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the team at your local branch.
E F Eisenhandler
Unverified Reviewer
"I've had gas permeable (hard) contact lenses from Scrivens for about 30 years. Examinations, fittings, eye care excellent, I'm not complaining about that at all. But the prices are crazy. I lost a lens a few days ago and they wanted £140 to replace ONE lens! Went to SpecSavers, which gave me a fitting appointment the next day for £20 (Scrivens charges £35 if I remember correctly) and a new PAIR of lenses for £100."
Thank you for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to out Customer Care team.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.50 based on 264 reviews