Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
All of Staff in the newquay store are very helpful, polite and efficient. Great selection of glasses.
I got my glasses in lest than two weeks.
Excellent friendly service from start to finish
Thank you Michael for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Poor service and a shoddy pair of glasses which I rejected and got a full refund on. I was also frog-marched into the hearing test room for an unwanted hearing test on my first visit. Not recommended.
Thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you
Lovely helpful friendly staff , no need for improvement a completely calm and relaxed environment and a pleasure to own new spectacles, Thank You 🌞
Thank you so much for your review Dorothy! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch.
Very comfortable and pleasant experience resulting in a new set of glasses on which the staff were very helpful and a comprehensive hearing check which was explained and carried out very efficiently.
Thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
I think the staff at Hawthorn road branch is desperate need for retraining I was I went into the shop to make an appointment there was a assistant dealing with a customer. so I took a seat next to a customer already waiting then another customer came in and sat down next to me eventually another assistant came rom the back of the shop didn't say a word and took the last customer that came in and served him first under normal circumstances I would hit the roof so I shall return to Spec Savers who seem a lot more customer focused
Hi Stephen. thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Very professional and helpful. Reassuring and excellent.
Thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Very professional opticians very pleased with result. Will use them on a regular basis.
Thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Scrivens rent a room at my local doctors surgery. On the face of it I thought it was an NHS hearing test centre but found out this wasn’t the case when I went several weeks ago for a hearing test. I was provided with a pair of hearing aids matched to my hearing requirements for just under £4,000. Unfortunately, the hearing aids didn’t perform very well with me constantly taking them out to hear conversations (and yes, they were switched on). I had to wait 2 weeks for my next appointment and decided enough was enough and handed them back for a full refund provided under the 30 day trial. I was reliably advised that I would get the full refund of my money in 10 working days. Unfortunately, Scrivens appear to not honour the return of your money and when you phone they tell you someone will phone you later the same day to credit your credit card. As you might guess, they don’t phone you back. You try again the next day and once again Scrivens promise to phone you back with a refund and the phone never rings. To date the refund or return call has not happened despite waiting for up to 30 minutes on the phone while they say they’re ‘sorting it out with another department’. I can draw no other conclusion other than that they provide a very substandard service and don’t honour (to date) any refunds. I’m currently taking the matter up with my credit card provider and my doctors surgery as Scrivens have not lived up the the professional standards I would have expected.
Thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We'll make sure the Customer Care team gets in touch with you today.
Polite and very helpful with choice of frames.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
I recommande it to all my friends, the staffs are very friendly and care also helpful.
Friendly staff always willing to help you with you choice of glasses
Hi David, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Had a sight test and Mohammed touris Ali the optometrist was very good and he picked up that I had double vision would definitely recommend him and all the staff
Hi Charlene, thank you for your wonderful review! We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
This was my first visit to Scrivens and I found the staff to be professional, welcoming and very helpful. I appreciated the advice given on type of lens and frame.
Thanks for your review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
An overall good experience , very friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere. Would just like 1 thing to improve, I'm a very nervous person and suffer from anxiety so telling someone i couldn't afford the glasses i wanted and having to choose a free per in front of other customers was a very awkward situation i wished i wouldn't have had to be in. Other than that one thing i would definitely use Scrivens again. Thank you
Hi Paul, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better. We’ll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
This concerns your Lymington branch: having been prescribed and supplied with EAR AIDS (as my little grandson calls them!), I was delighted. Then I had a problem with one. Into the branch, two busy ladies sprang into action and my aids were given an M.O.T., I know what to do another time, and I am a happy bunny. Thank you for such brilliant, cheerful service
Thank you for your wonderful review! We look forward to assisting you again in future.
Excellent friendly service from the Newark Staff.
Hi Ben, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Newark.
I had my eye test x hearing test a couple of weeks ago x the staff were very helpful x kind x polite I will come back when my next eye test is due
Hi Ruth, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Very professional treatment with a wide range of spectacles. Hearing test available if requred.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.57 based on 2,142 reviews