Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

90% of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care: Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
customer service
"Bourne End staff very friendly & professional"
Thank you for your feedback!
"Extremely poor after sales service and have received no reply to a complaint email to customer services sent sixteen days ago. One hearing aid broken out of warranty, paid £25 to return for diagnosis (rising to £99 if repair needed) sixteen days ago and I have heard nothing since (pun definitely intended). Frustrated at being ignored and not impressed."
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This message will be passed on to the appropriate department who will investigate this for you. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with your details we will ensure this matter is looked into for you.
"First class service - all the young ladies who dealt with me were kind considerate & helpful. It was a positive and pleasant experience and I would recommend Scrivens to anyone"
Hi John, thank you for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the team at your local branch.
"Hi Great service,friendly staff"
Hi Saroj, thank you for your comments. We'll pass them on to the team at your local branch.
"Dear Sir, I recently purchased 2 pairs of specs following my cataract removal. whilst I was pleased with the modest cost applied for using existing frames, I was incensed having to pay full price for 2 new prescriptions without any possibility of a substantial discount for ordering more than I pair of glasses. I was assured there was no possibility of a discount being available. I will look for an alternative optician in the future."
Hi Brian, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
"Excellent service. All the staff are very pleasant and helpful."
Hi Jean, thank you for your comments. We'll pass them on to the team at your local branch.
"Very impressed with the help I was given in choosing new frames and the discount that I was given,. I'm very pleased with my new glasses."
Thank you for your comments.
"The staff in the shop are great, but you need to expand your choice of frames that you hold in store. Personally speaking, I'm not interested in looking at frames online and then ordering them in to the shop. This takes too long. I want them available in the shop for me to view at the time I'm told I need new glasses. Other opticians have much more choice and are usually more affordable. I'm unlikely to get my next pair of glasses from Scrivens."
Thank you for your feedback. We'll make sure your comments are passed on to the appropriate department.
"Excellent professional service, far in advance of other high street opticians I have used."
Hi Bernard, thank you for your comments. We'll pass them on to the team at your local branch.
"Royston Branch for both Hearing and Optician is excellent with very good staff. Only problem I have had is when my hearing aids were returned by the shop to Scrivens for repair. This used to be very slick as they went direct to the manufacturer. Now they go via Scrivens' Head Office and it takes ages!"
Hi Guy, thank you for your feedback. We'll make sure your comments are passed on to the appropriate department.
"Good Morning sir or madam i am happy with the service the staff are very helpful so professional kind to wards all the customer's"
Hi Janet, thank you for your comments. We'll pass them on to the team at your local branch.
"A great service, full eye test and a great range of frames Also friendly and helpful staff."
Hi Dave, thank you for your comments. We'll pass them on to the team at your local branch.
"I continue to use the Alfreton branch even though I no longer live in that area; I live a 35/40 minute drive away now. I continue to attend that branch because of the staff. They are extremely friendly, helpful, knowledgeable & professional, always. I feel confident in the contact lens and eyesight tests I receive and I have never had any problems whatsoever despite wearing contact lenses for over 45 years"
Hi Beryl, thank you for your comments. We'll pass them on to the team at your local branch.
"Very good team and very good staffs"
Thank you for your comments.
"I was very impressed by the attention and adviceI received at my last visit. However since then I have had two reminders that I need to make an appointment"
"I’ve been going to the Bourne branch for a number of years now the service is always very good , lovely happy team. Excellent service."
Thank you for your comments.
"The staff are friendly and helpful - I've been gong to the Haywards Heath branch for absolutely years and always get brilliant customer service"
Thank you for your comments.
"Attentive staff with persobal touches"
Hi Martyn, thank you for your comments. We'll pass them on to the team at your local branch.
"Hedge End staff are brillant, all knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Due to my prescription choice of frames limited, 3 infact and they were from childs range. Now u offer me second pair half price, I can just about pay for one pair at 399.85. Pensioner struggling. But hey I need them"
Thank you for your comments.
"Very pleasant and efficient. Had both optical and hearing help and have been very well looked after."
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.61 based on 950 reviews