Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
My hearing stopped working emailed scrivens they rang me next day I told them the problem they said that they will send me some postage items to return it to them I asked how long would it take I was told about 2-3 weeks I told him how can I manage for that long without it I am deaf he replied sharply you will have to manage( I don’t think scrivens no the meaning of good service) i shall go back to specsavers
Under normal circumstances my local Royton branch are extremely helpful and always have been However the centralised customer service since lockdown has been very poor . I have emailed many times regarding the delivery of lenses eye drops etc. But all I have receuved apart from one are automated responses . I've been waiting to find out how to get my 3 month supply of solution now for over 4 weeks I'm going to have to try order some online as, I'm running out but have had no response to when it will be sent just another automated email.
Polite but very poor customer service from Scrivens head office after great difficulty in contacting them re lens which had fallen out. Scrivens local Weston-super-Mare branch totally closed since lockdown whilst four adjacent competitors remained open for emergencies and repairs!! Two weeks after my first contact with Scrivens they phoned and suggested I send my glasses back to them for repair but it could take 4/5 weeks to get them back. When pushed they advised that their Bedminster, Bristol store had reopened and should be able to carry out the repairs. I phoned Bedminster, visited them the same day and the repairs were completed in twenty minutes. Scrivens 0 Bedminster branch 5. I know things have been difficult recently but if you expect customers to stay loyal, you need to do much better!!
Simply put, your staff at the East Street Bedminster, Bristol branch are superb. i felt properly cared for, more than a mere customer. They really made an effort to accomodate me and went much further than they had to, too. You don't get customer care like this these days, 'tis i am a loyal customer! Oh, it's also excellent to be able to see properly again. Thank you indeed.
Useless customer service. My mother has been waiting almost a year for them to visit her, even though they sent a letter in July 2019 telling her she was due for a home visit to service her hearing aids. Still waiting for somebody to be in the area!!! At 99 and she can’t hear how long does she have to wait? Have asked the doctor to send a referral letter to Specsavers to change her over.
Have been waiting for my sons (aged 6) glasses since end of March. Numerous emails and voice messages have been left - even had assurances that they were posted on 23rd April. Still nothing - appalling customer service and I will be going else where in the future. Even the boxes below don't allow for a full debrief of how appalling your service is. Can't wait to change my optician.
plenty went wrong tried at least ten times to send an e, mail asking how we can get batteries for our brothers hearing aid. He has been going to the Stamford shop for years i am disgusted no one has got back to me i left two messages today 18th on the answer machine. How are people supposed to contact any of you.
Still no lenses scrivens. You responded to an email to say you delivered some in March. You didn’t. I have paid for three months worth of lenses but not received any. Do NOT take money from my account if you can’t provide a service. It’s theft. Avoid this opticians like the plague. Specsavers have much better customer service.
I had appointment arranged by my doctor for a hearing test, after many months of problem with hearing for 17th April, the day before I had to ring my doctors surgery as no number given for Scrivens, to check on my appointment to be told .....no one from Scrivens was due to be there on my appointment date! Since then I have found a contact no and rang several times, leaving messages as requested......Still no response. !
Why is it that other reputable companies have managed, even in this crisis to keep patients informed? Whilst I appreciate the situation at this time I am dissapointed that, given their statements about excellant service and clinical excellance ... no one has acknowledged my calls or informed me of any closures or cancelled appointments?.. Reading other reviews it seems as though I am not the only one? One call or letter would have been adequate to releave the stress of not knowing what next to do or who to contact.
Lock down is bad enough.
To be presented with automated replies to my many requests for lens solution for over 3 weeks is utterly disgraceful and unacceptable.
Can't wait to change my optician.
i had a frame sent to the lens factory just before lockdown in march they have been posted back with new lenses , I was due to send another frame for new lenses to be fitted , instead i have been sent the 2 lens in a new Jaegar frame I am delighted with the service i didnt expect the second frame to be sorted until after the lockdown was lifted , well done and thankyou.
I have found the level of customer service from Scrivens appalling. I have been trying to contact Scrivens for over a month as I have not received my lenses. There has been no reply to emails and you do not answer your phones. I have worn the same pair for 2 months as I am a key worker and need to see. My eyes are red and sore. My father is with spec savers and received exemplary service on the other hand. I appreciate things are more difficult with Covid. However do not take money from my account every month if you can not provide a service. I shall be moving to specsavers
Thank you for your outstanding delivery service!
I was running low on hearing aid batteries and was worried that I would run out completely during the coronavirus crisis. I made a request via the website and they arrived within a week, despite the fact that with all branches being closed, the staff must have been inundated with orders. Furthermore, I received ample supplies to keep me going for some time. Many thanks again.
Had NHS hearing aids from Scrivens but the audiologist gave me little information---told me to clean hearing aids every 2 weeks which is nonsense. I was not given enough time to master inserting then myself. I did not received the promised telephone call after a week nor the follow up appointment 3 months later. I only received a telephone call from a very pleasant girl who answered several of my questions. Currently I am trying to obtain new tubing as I have lost the dome but despite 2 phone calls and 2 emails have heard nothing. Very disappointing experience
I’m not happy at all. I’ve been Trying to contact Scrivens now for two weeks both by phone and emailing Scrivens Customer Care, left multiple messages and got no reply. I have no contact contact lenses after being told by our local branch, that my change of prescription would arrive as soon as they could get them. My wife (an NHS worker) has been sent her lenses but without any solutions so can’t wear hers. Dont know what to do and can’t speak to anyone. Not impressed.
I'm writing to say that I'm extremely angry that out of the whole row of shops in salford, scrivens seems to be the only store open every now and then during this pandemic. No care for customers or staff despite the law stating that all non essential stores to be closed. Should be fined for staying open and putting lives at risk.
Thorough examination, every aspect of test explained and why need for follow up hospital appointment/examination
I’ve been emailing Scrivens Customer Care for the last few days and got no reply. My daughter has run out of her contact lenses and we were promised,by our local branch in Driffield, that they would be posted to us. She has university work and is now suffering from headaches.Dont know what to do and can’t speak to anyone. Not impressed.
Cecil Amy establishment in my town are posting prescriptions to customers. Ive had no word from Scrivens since 11th March, their answerphone says ‘skeleton staff’ and please email them. However, emails are not being read or answered, otherwise they would have posted my prescription to me.... most dissatisfied !
I have contacted Scrivens many times by email regarding my large refund that was supposedly credited back to my credit card 23rd March,this has not been done. These are difficult financial times and would appreciate the matter sorted from Scrivens
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.53 based on 2,407 reviews