Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
We have had the most amazing service from Tracy the manager and her team Charlotte, serens,Diane, and from the option agreed.
I took my 92 year old mum in thinking her sight was failing and the whole team were so helpful supportive and with new glasses can see better
Many thanks
Hi Vivienne, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Outstanding service once again at your Tewkesbury store. The girls are always very friendly and make everyone feel like part of their family, there is always such a great atmosphere, it makes having my annual eye test a pleasure.
The new male Optician was superb, very friendly and informative.
Hi, thank you for your wonderful review! We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
From my first visit to picking up my finished glasses, staff at Plumstead Rd Norwich, were polite, helpful, in every way the manager was more than helpful and understandable as my wife and i are pensioners on benefits but we were treated with much respect WELL DONE SCRIVENS .....See you again.
Hi Christopher, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Norwich Plumstead Road.
Very professional and helpful staff excellent service
Hi Steve, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
They have been brilliant with my father who is having new hearing aids and the telephone staff are so obliging and helpful
Hi Sandra, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
I have attended Scrivens in Alfreton for many years & although I now live much nearer to other Scrivens shops, I continue to use the Alfreton shop as I have always received such excellent care & been dealt with by very friendly & helpful staff
Hi Beryl, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Alfreton.
Went to the bitterne branch and all the staff were fantastic, from initial appt, to the free hearing test , the actual eye examination and the choosing of glasses and fitting.

Excellent team, will recommend and will be returning for all my eye care needs
Hi Ian, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at our Southampton Bitterne branch went so smoothly.
Excellent service. Highly competent, friendly and very efficient staff.
Hi John, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Excellent service from everyone at my local branch in Broadstone, superbly led by manager Shelley.
Hi Philip, thank you for your wonderful review! We’ll pass your comments onto your local branch, and we look forward to assisting you again in future.
Very helpful and sociable, would recommend.
Hi, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
I visited the Blandford Forum store last week and I was extremely pleased with the service and attention from all the staff in store. I did not feel hurried or under any pressure to choose my frames and felt that the staff really tried to find the right frame for me and were knowledgeable about the lens options. Everything felt very clean and Covid safe in store. The prices were very reasonable (a good range of price options) and the whole experience was great. Thank you everybody!
Hi, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Blandford Forum.
Hearing care absolutely brilliant Lily advised me at Alsager branch I’ve pasted on several friends and they have all said how good they are would recommend them every time. Going for my eyes do hope they are has good.
Hi Michael, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at our Alsager branch went so smoothly.
From the welcome, test and picking of the glasses I got 5* service. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Everything was cleaned down and followed covid regulations. Very happy with the service I received from the ladies in helping me narrow down my glasses choice. Highly recommended.
Hi Rebecca, thank you for your wonderful review! We're delighted to hear you are happy with your new glasses.
Excellent service and very peasant and knowledgeable practitioner. A seamless experience.
Hi Robin, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Eye test and hearing test at Alfreton branch Very happy and satisfied with friendly staff Would recomend
Hi, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Alfreton.
I went into your Witney branch on Thursday 8th April and the lady who was working was absolutely useless. It’s like she didn’t know what she was talking about and making things so much complicated then what they were. I asked her the prices of Nikon Varifocals and it was like it was so much hard work, I have been your customer for a quite a few years and felt like my needs wasn’t met.
I was very pleased with the service from Scrivens. Dr R Mahmood was very caring and understanding and I woud have no hesitation on recommending both Scrivens and Dr Mahmood to anyone.

Thank you for you help.
Hi Aileen, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
As requested, I have tried to contact you on 0800 626 427 (several times over five days), no one answers. And, despite leaving my number, no one calls back. Very bad service.
Hi Roger, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better. We’ll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
Very pleasant and friendly staff
Very efficient; new hearing aids fitted, finding high sounds screeching.
Hi Doreen, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,178 reviews