Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
The best!. I have anxiety is and the team were fabulous!.friendly staff. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else now
Hi Gemma, thank you for your wonderful review!
Visited Scrivens at Market Deeping for a new hearing aid, paid for a private one as the NHS one was useless. It has taken several visits to get my very bad hearing sorted out. Suzanne Stevenson has been great, she is thorough, caring, very patient and understands the many problems associated with bad hearing (being deaf herself). After many complications, one being a very bad hearing infection which she found and sent me to the Doctors to get sorted out. Suzanne has been very helpful in finding the right hearing aid for me, the right ear fittings and I cannot recommend her enough.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
I have been a customer of Scrivens (and its predecessor) for more than 35 years and have always had excellent service from their very friendly and helpful staff. They always had time to address any concerns and to sort out any problems I might have. The delivery was always quicker than promised and the fitting done with great care. I could not wish for more from an optician. Their prices are always fair and no attempt is made to sell me more expensive items than I require. I give them 5 stars without hesitation and would give more if I could.
Hi, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Just come home from my first visit to Scrivens opticians in Fleetwood. Customer service was excellent and very friendly staff. Great information on all aspects of lenses and styles - great price range and advice given.
(Fleetwood) - Posted 2 days ago
Hi, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at Fleetwood went so smoothly.
Absolutely fantastic service at your Tewkesbury store. Nothing is ever to much trouble. Kind, caring and helpful staff all round. I actually enjoy my yearly visit to see the staff there!
(Tewkesbury) - Posted 3 days ago
Hi, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
I accompanied my Mother in law an 85 year old lady, to the Peterborough branch, we arrived 15 minutes early for a 16:30 appointment, she was called in for her eye test at 17:00 and came out at 17:40. When she asked if she could possibly use a toilet, she was told no we don’t have customer toilets. HELLO SHE IS EIGHTY FIVE YEARS OLD AND HAS BEEN KEPT WAITING 90 mins, then to be told try the Bull Hotel. Not good enough, won’t be back to choose anything.
Hi, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
I visited Thirsk Branch to buy glasses & they arrived 3 weeks later. However, I had asked for thin lenses and the glasses I was given were not thin. I was told that I would have to pay another £170 to have the lenses replaced. I did that but when I collected the new glasses I could not read with them & was told that the prescription had been altered when the lenses were changed . I said I wanted a refund & its taken 4 weeks of phone calls to Thirsk & Customer Services but refund has now arrived without a phone call or e-mail to let me know. I would not recommend Thirsk Branch, when there is a problem only the Manager can deal with it & she is hardly ever there & when she is doesn't follow up as she says she will. I still need new glasses but will not visit Scrivens again
Hi Anne, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better. We’ll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
Last month we went to Scrivens in Stone, as my Husband was having problems with his sight . We knew we might have to pay for the prescription as we were 2 weeks early. The man on Reception was very nice and helpful . The lady Optician came out, went to the man on reception looked at us and said " He isnt due his eye test yet" was explained to her that my Husband was having problems.. with this she was very rude and agressive towards us. My Husband began to get upset has he has Alzhiemers . I told her that we would go somewhere else as her attitude was so bad, she just said fine and waved us out. We have used Stone for quite a while both with glasses and hearing aids. but will Not be returning.
Hi Elaine, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Zero stars. Awful head office customer service. My son had an eye test at Scrivens Mill Hill Branch on 06/11/2021. We took him to specsavers two weeks later and chose glasses. We then needed the NHS voucher and phoned the branch that we were coming to fetch it. We were put through to another branch, miles away but would have been happy to fetch it from them. They refused and asked us to contact customer services, saying that data protection meant they would not release a voucher even if we came. We contacted customer services today after finding they were closed on Saturday. After much music and time on hold they refused to help, saying that would forward our request by e-mail to the branch. We waited a few hours for a reply but there was none. Phoned customer services again to be told that they cannot give us the authorisation code because they are not computerised and that the distant branch will not see the e-mail till Tuesday. Asked to speak to a more senior manager and told that there was not one available. We told our son we were going to order the glasses today (after failing on Saturday) and will now go ahead cheated of the voucher since it is more important for him to be able to see the blackboard. At no point was information given by the manager, who gave her name as Alleise, on how to complain. Either they don't care about children and vision at school or are lazy and incompetent, unable to imagine a novel solution to a problem, or they have a policy of sabotaging it when someone has the effrontery to buy for a fraction of the price elsewhere. The reason the original branch was closed was claimed by the distant branch to be a fire, but head office could not even confirm this. This company appears to be a dinosaur as concerns customer service and general business management.
Hi Robert, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
I’m very pleased with my experience at Scrivens from going to place my appointment having my eye test very good optician choosing my frames staff were helpful and eventually picking up my glasses all very happy
Hi Alan, thank you for your wonderful review!
The staff at the Beeston branch were helpful, patient and knowledgeable about the products. Glasses were a perfect fit and prescription spot on. Very honestly helpful in choosing the right frames.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
As usual excellent service from your FelthamMiddlesexTW14. Very courteous, professional staff.
(Feltham) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Feltham.
Chesterfield branch once again gave me the best of care and peace of mind after a problem I had. Amreen the optician answered all my queries, patiently. Charlotte the pre screener was efficient and friendly Diane was welcoming as usual. Tracey the branch manager has a great team.
(Chesterfield) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi, thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy your visit at Chesterfield went so smoothly.
Easy to book an appointment. Pleasant environment and welcoming staff. All in all very relaxed, yet efficient experience.
Hi Barnaby, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Helpful, friendly staff, but sadly not managed to remedy my issues. I've ended up going to major chain optician and have a new (corrected) prescription. Prices much more expensive than (e.g.) Specsavers and poor range of frames by comparison.
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Welcoming very helpful staff So pleased I decided to change my optician to Scrivens
Hi Sylvia, thank you for your wonderful review!
The lady optometrist was excellent and answered all my many questions. A very thorough eye examination.
Hi Karen, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Visited the Shaw branch today and received first class treatment from every member of staff. They put me at ease as I was worried about the pressures in my eyes as I suffer from glaucoma. Nothing was to much trouble for them. Will continue using Scrivens on a regular basis.
(Shaw) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Susan, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our branch in Shaw.
the eye test was very thorough and the staff were very professional could not fault them
Hi Alan, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
The absolute BEST opticians and hearing aids place in the entire area! Friendly, helpful, genuine customer service throughout... and the best frame choice! No sales pitch at all... they're not just trying to make money out of you.
Hi Angela, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,571 reviews