Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care: Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

How would you rate Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care?

"Thank-you very much to Kasim at the Horsforth branch who went above and beyond to get me my contact lenses last-minute before I went on holiday. Truly great service, thanks Kasim!"
Hi Jessica, thank you for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the team at your local branch.
David Simmonds
Unverified Reviewer
"Professional, caring staff listened to my needs and provided excellent service"
Hi David, thank you for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the team at your local branch.
"The company is very efficient and thorough and equally helpful and courteous!"
Thank you for your feedback, We'll pass your comments on to the team at your local branch.
Sevi
"Excellent very good"
"Very good and professionals"
Hi Sevi, thank you for your comments. We'll pass them on to the team at your local branch.
Miss Lisa Buttery
Unverified Reviewer
"Lovely friendly staff. Excellent service. Got what I needed in a matter of days."
Hi Lisa, thanks for your comments. We'll pass them on to the team at your local branch.
"Excellent service. Accuracy and quality. Very affordable prices and courtesy in communication. Thank you very much. +++++"
Hi Guiseppe, thank you for your comments. We'll pass your feedback on to the team at your local branch.
"A readily available appointment for an eye test and attentive service - on the downside though , ridiculously expensive compared to competitors so on cost grounds unlikely to recommend to anyone 🤓"
Hi Michael, thank you for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the appropriate people.
"Professional and quick service."
Thank you for your feedback.
Patricia Treslove
Verified Reviewer
"I am delighted with your service"
Hi Patricia, thank you for your comments. We'll pass your feedback on to the team at your local branch.
"Excellent service from both the Optician and other members of staff. Friendly, informative, professional, good value. Thoroughly recommend to anyone."
Hi Helen, thank you for your comments. We'll pass your feedback on to the team at your local branch.
"Really bad at keeping appointments! Went in for my eye test and didn’t have me on the system so had to rearrange for the next week! Not happy having to rearrange my already busy schedule!"
Thank you for your feedback. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more details, we'll investigate this for you.
"My 90 year old father tried to get appointment for new hearing aid, was told he needed to provide some information which we then passed on via a phonecall. We were promised a call back but nobody bothered. Extremely bad service especially for someone elderly...and most probably the ones most in need of the service. Would not recommend or try to use again."
Thank you for your comments. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with some more information including your father's name and address, we'll investigate this for you.
Jason Allsopp
Unverified Reviewer
"Needed a repair on my glasses, therefore went back to the shop where I purchased the glasses. I explained to Laurie at the Stapenhill branch, what the problem was. She infomed me of the cost and time to repair. The glasses were repaired too time, and looked as good as new. Great service, will definitely go back."
"I went to tried first time contact lens and I found them very help full and support me to give it ago around three times ,and give it to me more time to try to put in ,and really found them so friendly and patients ,and I now I know how to used them probably thanks again to the stuff in Shirley in Southampton"
Thank you for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the team at your local branch.
"Paid nearly £500 pounds for varifocals and they were shocking went back to see if they could sort it they got new ones but still not good. Just got a pai from Asda and fab"
Hi Simon, thank you for your feedback. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more details we will investigate this for you.
"My visit to Scrivens was very pleasant. The staff were very helpful and took time to help me choose my glasses. When my glasses arrived they were amazing and I’m very happy with my experience there. I would definitely recommend to my family and friends."
Thank you for your comments.
"Friendly, professional service. Glasses ready within one week."
Thank you four your feedback.
"Dr Monger at your St Ives, Cambs branch gave me the most thorough contact lens check I've ever had and I've been wearing lenses for over 40 years. Her attention to detail and her entire customer approach is second to none. The whole team working alongside her are always helpful, polite, friendly, professional and above all patient and understanding. Thank you all."
Thank you so much for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the team at your local branch.
Black And Blue
Unverified Reviewer
"The staff at Scrivens Opticians were lovely and helpful. When I had to purchase a new pair of glasses the staff they let me choose and didn't pressurise me to make the purchase. They offered professional advice and unlike other opticians, each time I visited the shop the same staff were there and they knew exactly what I needed; I didn't have to tell them about myself as I would have had to do if the staff were changing their locations."
Thank you for your comments. We'll pass your feedback on to the team at your local branch.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.49 based on 301 reviews