Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
Did have a problem with new glasses went back with them and scriven were very happy to accommodate and are supplying me with a new pair! Very much appreciated!
Hi, thank you for your wonderful review! We're delighted to hear you are happy with your new glasses.
Hi Optician was great but after seeing on your website 3 days for glassaes then told after paying they eould be a week when i complained was told we will call the lab to put a rush on them and they would be ready today Feb 8 rang shop to be told they are still not ready what a joke really need my glasses for sork/driving etc will not recommend Scrivens to anyone
Hi Malcolm, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Had stuff put in eyes waited 20mins until I could not see properly was then told internet was broken so sent home loss of days pay and for my daughter who had time off to take me as I couldn’t drive after! Will rebook and try again!
Hi, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
I have visited this month young opticians Check my eyes sights not impressed its looks he is learning and not experienced, won't recommend, any one else to go there's.
Hi Mohammed, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Can't get an appointment toget to get them sorted after being sent for repair been on the phone been promised cancellation but it never happend 6months now can't use them as they have to be put through computer but it's!impossible to get an appointment by phone very poor after care so I can't use them , one appointment was cancelled on the day disappointed to say the least
Hi Carol, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Good service up to follow-on service. Had aids fitted at beginning of Sept 2021 but no dates available for 4-week check up until NOVEMBER! I have paid nearly £3000 for a service which does not seem to exist. Very disappointing,
Hi Sheila, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
They dont tell you that you got to re-charge them every day. In fact after about eight hours of usage they run out of charge.
Hi, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better.
After my eye examination I was prescribed glasses. They were for a total of over £300. I paid a deposit of £200, the glasses were to be ready in 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately I contracted COVID-19 and was very unwell for a long time. Thank God I made it through. I couldn’t walk past my front door for sometime as well. All my house hold one by one received a fair share of the disease. Social isolation became social isolation. It’s after some time that I remembered my Scrivens prescription and the deposit I paid for the glasses. When I managed to go there I was told I lost the glasses and the deposit. That would not have been a problem if I was told before I paid the deposit that I would loose the glasses and the money I would have made an informed decision. But I was not told. There was no clear written information that could back their decision of taking deposits from customers and not providing the services as expected. Why didn’t they send me massages, email or phone to let me know that I’m going to loose my glasses and deposit if I don’t collect them. However to what I was facing in my life, I’m happy I have what’s left of it. I and my family will never be going to Scrivens again. They can take the glasses and the deposit as they have already done. I will take my service somewhere else.
Hi Mariam, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Really disappointed with the hearing aids I got had a hearing test in a normal room no better treatment Thani got at spec savers just want to give out aids easy money sad that the nhs are been ripped off didn’t even bother to check the last aids I got
Hi William, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Eye test seemed fine picked frames varifocils ordered a long wait for delivery when arrived looked perfect I could see perfect but could not read after been re- measured found to be completely different from original measurements another long wait these glasses where not cheap could have got same lenses in 7 days less than half price online
Hi Paul, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
had to return glass’s has reading glass’s gave headache and driving glass’s did’nt appear to be correct also
Hi, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
I think it is shocking that Scrivens does not have a free return policy. My 98 year old mother bought two pairs and realised when she got home that one frame was totally unsuitable. She had to pay £75 to have a different frame. And when we went to collect, they had fitted the wrong prescription in the new frames, so another lengthy wait for the correct combination. Shocking.
Lovely staff but felt like I had been prosessed and was just on a production line and obvious it was all about the sale and felt it was double or more than I expected in price ! Won’t be returning in a couple of years - eye watering prices - you sure like to fleece people - Felt unfair and pushed into the sale - sad but true .
The experience was marred by my invalid wife being steered to very expensive frames for reading glasses. She was not shown any of the cheaper more appropriate frames for her situation. Underhanded.
Hi Michael, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Two pairs of varifocals came with what seems to be the wrong prescription are are being changed. the branch I use (Chapel) seems to have outdated equipment compared to other opticians.
I found that there was not time to aks questions. I have struggled with hearing appliances and am not getting much benefit from them. I received a letter to complete a questionaire and have struggled to find the site to complete it.
Hi, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Find the staff are unapproachable. They do not listen whether you are talking to them over the phone or in person. There’s no smile when greeting clients apart from one lady is of British/white nationality. Not happy with recent service received.
The service is slow, inefficient and subject to miscommunication.
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
The rude attitude of a member of staff at the Thirsk branch who was quick to judge without knowing the full situation who then took it upon herself to talk about me to her colleagues. It is a shame she did not know that branch was my opticians. So quick to judge. I shall now take my business elsewhere.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,779 reviews