Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
After my eye examination I was prescribed glasses. They were for a total of over £300. I paid a deposit of £200, the glasses were to be ready in 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately I contracted COVID-19 and was very unwell for a long time. Thank God I made it through. I couldn’t walk past my front door for sometime as well. All my house hold one by one received a fair share of the disease. Social isolation became social isolation. It’s after some time that I remembered my Scrivens prescription and the deposit I paid for the glasses. When I managed to go there I was told I lost the glasses and the deposit. That would not have been a problem if I was told before I paid the deposit that I would loose the glasses and the money I would have made an informed decision. But I was not told. There was no clear written information that could back their decision of taking deposits from customers and not providing the services as expected. Why didn’t they send me massages, email or phone to let me know that I’m going to loose my glasses and deposit if I don’t collect them. However to what I was facing in my life, I’m happy I have what’s left of it. I and my family will never be going to Scrivens again. They can take the glasses and the deposit as they have already done. I will take my service somewhere else.
Hi Mariam, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Really disappointed with the hearing aids I got had a hearing test in a normal room no better treatment Thani got at spec savers just want to give out aids easy money sad that the nhs are been ripped off didn’t even bother to check the last aids I got
Hi William, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Eye test seemed fine picked frames varifocils ordered a long wait for delivery when arrived looked perfect I could see perfect but could not read after been re- measured found to be completely different from original measurements another long wait these glasses where not cheap could have got same lenses in 7 days less than half price online
Hi Paul, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
had to return glass’s has reading glass’s gave headache and driving glass’s did’nt appear to be correct also
Hi, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
I think it is shocking that Scrivens does not have a free return policy. My 98 year old mother bought two pairs and realised when she got home that one frame was totally unsuitable. She had to pay £75 to have a different frame. And when we went to collect, they had fitted the wrong prescription in the new frames, so another lengthy wait for the correct combination. Shocking.
Lovely staff but felt like I had been prosessed and was just on a production line and obvious it was all about the sale and felt it was double or more than I expected in price ! Won’t be returning in a couple of years - eye watering prices - you sure like to fleece people - Felt unfair and pushed into the sale - sad but true .
The experience was marred by my invalid wife being steered to very expensive frames for reading glasses. She was not shown any of the cheaper more appropriate frames for her situation. Underhanded.
Hi Michael, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Two pairs of varifocals came with what seems to be the wrong prescription are are being changed. the branch I use (Chapel) seems to have outdated equipment compared to other opticians.
I found that there was not time to aks questions. I have struggled with hearing appliances and am not getting much benefit from them. I received a letter to complete a questionaire and have struggled to find the site to complete it.
Hi, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Find the staff are unapproachable. They do not listen whether you are talking to them over the phone or in person. There’s no smile when greeting clients apart from one lady is of British/white nationality. Not happy with recent service received.
Hi, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
The service is slow, inefficient and subject to miscommunication.
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
The rude attitude of a member of staff at the Thirsk branch who was quick to judge without knowing the full situation who then took it upon herself to talk about me to her colleagues. It is a shame she did not know that branch was my opticians. So quick to judge. I shall now take my business elsewhere.
the receptionist was good, but the optician was glum and some of the questions were not tackled or answered. The vision in my right eye is deteriorating and I need answers or a referral.
Hi Charles, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Why don't scrivens in Gosport answer the phone I was asked to make an appointment it really is not on worse than specsavers Thankyou Derek sansbury 208 Wych Lane Gosport Po130nw O7912846934
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
The hearing test was brilliant. The ladies working in the shop were brilliant. The young man that tested my eyesight was (I like to think that he was having a very bad day). The eye test was very short, over and done with very quickly, not very thorough at all and I was very surprised when he said that my eyes had improved! I Said to him that I wanted the distance on the bifocal reading brought closer as I am no longer in the class room, he said Yes that is all taken care of. One of the ladies dropped my glasses off at my house because Lock down had started. I was very pleased to get my 2 new pairs of glasses that had cost me over £300. I wore them for a few days trying to see if I needed extra time to adjust to them because he said my eyes had changed a lot. Both New pairs of glasses are no good for me at all. In Face I have found that I can see much better in my Convers Glasses that are More than 5 Years Old.
Hi Kim, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
I wish they would be more realistic and quote 10 to 14 days instead of 7 to 10 days. I went to pick up my new spectacles last week. They weren't what I'd ordered. Haven't got them yet. Hopefully this week.
Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Excellent Optometrist, very professional. Very good test experience. Once again frustrated and disappointed by poor service and very delayed delivery of glasses.
Thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Excellent Optometrist and excellent test experience, but once again disappointed and frustrated by poor service and very delayed delivery of glasses.
I have been disappointed and inconvenienced in thwt on my last 2visits to Scrivens in Witney I have been unable to obtain the service required namely to be measured for varifocal lenses because the only person running the shop was trainee not qualified to take the measurements.
Hi Deborah, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.56 based on 3,414 reviews