Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
Very pleasant staff. I do feel that most of your shops need their exteriors smartened up. They look rather shabby.
Hi, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better.
Very good and up to date with my recent surgery.
Hi Peter, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Really very happy with your service Wish there had been a locum optician when you lost yours causing appointment cancellation. That needs sorting. But service choice advice and helpfulnss of all staff was outstanding and I would recommend Dr Ian Hale FCIS
Hi Ian, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better.
Very pleased with the eye test . My glasses are great no problems very happy . The staff were very helpful and friendly 🙂. My hearing test also went well.
Hi Diane, thank you for your wonderful review! We're delighted to hear you are happy with your new glasses.
Optometrist was very helpful, knowledgable and answered all my questions and was on time. Eye test went smoothly
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
I needed new glasses, my prescription was very out of date. Shrivens were very professional and though, I cannot fault the staff and the resulting new spectacles improved my vision dramatically, I cannot fault the product but the price is high. Once I had my new prescription I ordered 3 (back up) glasses on line, these have arrived and are equal in quality, but 1/4 of the cost per pair, than Shrivens, the coatings (anti glare/anti scratch) are free online yet double the cost of Shrivens lenses. £100 for a pair seems a bit steep to me, for single vision lenses in £19 frame
Hi, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better.
Very efficient; new hearing aids fitted, finding high sounds screeching.
Hi Doreen, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better.
curtious ,kind and considerate
Hi Rachel, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Scary going to the optician with covid still about but I had no qualms about visiting Harry. I have trusted him ever since he diagnosed high eye pressure years back. Only disappointment was that glasses so dear despite choosing £10 frames.
Hi Cathie, thanks for sharing your feedback.
Rather expensive
Hi Graham, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better.
There was a lot of noise outside the room whilst having a hearing test,spoiling my concentration. Staff are always pleasent. Optometrist was very thorough .
Hi, thank you so much for your review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
great service,cannot complain very friendly staff,covid rules were applied happy customer
Hi, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
Very satisfied with the service that l receiver for
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!
Last optician I saw was the best yet giving more explanation about sight and gave reasoning explanation why I had problems with last perscribed glasses, the hearing care cannot fault, reason for 4 stars, lack of choice in frames.
Eye examination good, specs do the job
Hi Alan, thank you for the excellent review! We’re so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Disappointed to find that my first choice for Variofocals was not as I had picked I chose first pair as pink and second pair to include sunglasses were blue. My first choice ones had been made up as another blue pair. I was told my pink choice was not specified correctly for me on screen. However my husband has chosen the pink for me and we remember pink was specified. On the pick up day , they swapped the first pair for the frames still in store while I waited. Also I found there are numerous add-ons to choose all at extra cost. Glasses turned out much more expensive than I had expected to pay.
Hi Debbie, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better.
Always treated courteously by friendly and caring staff
Hi Helen, thanks for the excellent review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
hearing care very good but to expensive opticians very good but sales to slick and expensive
Well taken care of ,polite staff very professional x
Thank you for the excellent review! We're so happy that your visit went so smoothly.
Whether on telephone or in person friendly efficient service . Everything carried out in a high Covid-19 managed way.
Hi Margaret, thank you for the kind words! We're so happy your visit went so smoothly
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.56 based on 3,429 reviews