Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Pod Point Limited 5 star review on 1st December 2020
Andrea Tilley
Pod Point Limited 5 star review on 1st December 2020
Andrea Tilley
Nice people but they installed the wrong charger and won't reply to my emails.
It does not work.
Unfortunately I was not at home to test and on my return the red light appears and despite numerous on and offs it stays on !!
Fitter Tripped the house alarm, went off after 20 minutes. It’s now dead, will have to pay now to get it working again. I had to email to add the charger paired to my account as it wasn’t set up right. The locker casing I paid for wasn’t set up as it was apparently out of stock. I have to await for it to be fitted. I’m not overly happy with my experience as I had to come out of work to support the wife and my three year old boy who has sensitive hearing, when our alarm was blearing. However I rate one star. As I feel it was less than satisfactory.
Having spent more than £500 contracting my own electrician to install the cabling because my meter is more than 10 metres from my garage and followed instructions from PodPoint on cable type and installation I found on the day of installation that my electrician should also have installed a Cat5 data cable alongside my data cable which now means that I now have to arrange for additional drilling, holes and unsightly cable through my home. I asked PodPoint if they were going to cover the additional expense of doing this given that they'd failed to inform me of the need to install this cable and was hoping that they'd get back to me while my charger was being installed so that it could be done there and then by their contractors. Unfortunately, 24 hours later I still haven't heard from PodPoint and have a working charger that is neither compliant with the requirements for the government's charger grant and can't receive software updates until the the Cat5 cable is in place. PodPoint also failed to inform me that my charger would need to be connected to my wifi network in advance of my installation so I am going to have to fix this myself. As a director of an estate management company on the large housing development on which I live I also asked PodPoint if someone from their sales team could advise me on a suitable solution for charging provision for numerous homes that have off-grid car ports or parking spaces rather than garages but didn't hear back, so will go elsewhere. Their installation contractors Energise were very helpful and courteous though.
Not happy. Charger disengages before battery is fully charged. Mobile phone software completely awry - does not record times properly, recording of charge session duration are seemingly arbitrary - can only access the monthly menu - weekly menu inaccessible etc...
On the day of my installation Pod-Point's sub-contractor, Energise Energy Solutions, were fantastic however the five month period prior to that between ordering my charge point in January and the eventual installation were pure torture.

Lockdown from late-March obviously played its part in the delay but for two months prior to that, Pod-Point's scheduling and customer support teams were polite but very hard to contact, never returned calls and several promised installation dates cancelled at very short notice. They may be better now - I hope so.
The most appalling service. Money deducted immediately on application with a promise of it being fitted within 10 days. No further communication until we contacted them . They would not accept phone calls only emails. Kept asking for yet more photos. Even the leasing company who sourced our car got involved. 25 days later, advised will NOT install at this time and cannot advise us of any date in the future because meter is in a basement as this is high risk! Actually it’s in a cupboard in a basement apartment with outside wall access and this was advised on the application !!!! Requested a refund and waiting on that! Will go elsewhere!! Shocking service and I’ll be sure to make sure everyone I know buying an electric vehicle know to avoid Pod-Point!
Charger finally installed today - first impressions product (charger) seems ok but service so far has been frankly disappointing. After providing photo's and details of installation as requested in advance the Engineer who originally came to do the install informed me that he couldn't do the job as couldn't lift floor boards etc... So I had to arrange for a separate Electrician to run a cable at additional expense to myself for both labour and materials (for the cable).... without any apology from pod-point, seems strange because cable is a fundamental part of the installation...
And then today when the job was done I noticed the unit was not fitted with a key lock even though I had ordered and paid for a locking one to which the Engineer Steve replied it wasn't visible to him.... he fitted one at my request but why details like this need pointing out by a customer I don't know. So overall not a great start to my pod-point experience vs an experience I had previously with chargemaster which was far more positive and they were far more helpful and accommodating.

Just to be clear I have no issue with the Engineer doing the install (Steve did a good job and was polite and friendly), but the customer service from the pod-point perspective has been very disappointing and as a result I would not recommend using them. No-one from pod-point has called even though I have emailed expressing my disappointment.
Extremely inefficient although the service engineer who installed was fine
Regrettably, the installation has not started well. Poor Jordan does not appear to have all the details I discussed with Stuart Campbell, Dan Barham & Alexander Wan. In particular I asked for and paid for extra work to run the cable from the house to the garage above your normal working height. Jordan has no knowledge of this and consequently arrived with no ladder and no help. In the circumstances, I elected to run the cable near the ground instead but that is not what I wanted. Please refund the money I paid for the extra work.
We had a Pod Point fitted to our house last Autumn (2019). We have just had an electrician in doing work on the house today and he said that the Pod Point had been fitted in a very dangerous way. He said that there were exposed wires representing a fire hazard. He has made it safe but suggested that we contact you to ensure the person fitting these Pod Points wasn’t making the same errors elsewhere
Initially I was vey disappointed with the installation as cable was routed through bottom rather than through back. Cable visible on front of house! Decided to suck it up though - covid etc. I have had a local electrician price up another job and he tells me the modifications have breached required standards in a number of areas and suggested I contact my electricity supplier to get them resolved/ make them safe. You will no doubt here from them shortly.
The installer was brilliant. Unfortunately the equipment is faulty and doesn't work and no-one from PodPoint has called yet to solve the issue. I have had to go back to my 3pin.
The customer service and ordering were good.
Red fault light, engineer sent out to “fix” it.

Broken again the day after.

Avoid this cheap product, go somewhere else.
Had a point for a week. Stopped working. Rang pod point they confirmed it was a faulty pod but gave no information on how or when will be repaired. I explained I need vat for work to which the rep just said someone will get back to you when they can!

Disgraceful that you can be left without your work car and have no idea when you can charge your car again. Why would people go electric when companies like this can damage your business and not care

Definitely would not recommend
From order to install, everything was super quick and efficient. In fact, I had a call 48 hrs after order asking to install that afternoon. Contractor arrived early, but hadn't seen any risk assessments or order photos or measurements. I showed him install position, but he suggested elsewhere as he said he couldn't take cable around external corners neatly, and that I could still charge car where I wanted. Once he left I realised I couldnt charge car in furthest space, or if reversed into either space, so only had one out of 4 positions available. I contacted podpoint by email, no reply. Contacted again, no reply. Phoned and was told they were waiting for contractor to comment but they would email me that response. 14 days after install, still no contact or resolution. I consider they just want me to go away, and if they ignore me, I will. I will not go away. This will be resolved.
Correspondence from pod point was extremely poor. Following 1st point of contact it took 4 months to get my forms processed correctly. This led to a delay in installation of my pod point which was very disappointing.
The connection in the meter box are very poor, as if a cowboy trader has done the work. Please have a look at the photos before and after insulation. I require this work by another electrician with some pride and professionalism to complete at a high standard.
install from engineers 3 party very good.

I have given you 1 star specifically for the appalling service and communication after the install and the totally unacceptable customer service communication.
Pretty terrible right up to the day of install which was worlds apart, electrician on site was competent and friendly.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 20,579 reviews