Pod Point Limited Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

02072474114

hello@pod-point.com

Discovery House28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy

Over a week
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installer wired into the meter, resulting in Revenue Protection services invoicing £380 for theft and tampering. Same installer came back 18months later (despite requesting s.o. else) to swap type 1 to type 2 cable. Paid £270 for the privilege but charger did not work as he didn’t test. Came back 2 weeks later, said circuit board was stuck. Now charger is working but slower than granny cable. Unable to contact podpoint, constantly on vm. I realise we were unlucky with rogue installer but we will now take legal action to get refund for rev protect fine and compensation. Unacceptable."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Initial survey did not notice issues and they were only flagged after payment, very poor co-ordination between different staff, engineers had to come 3 times rather than once as a result and lack of communication has caused me ongoing issues with landlord. Various staff members made commitments and then did not follow up on them. Overall a very amateur operation. Only redeeming feature is that staff were always very friendly."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"It have taken six months to get the installation done at my house!"
I'm very sorry you had to wait so long to get your install. We always do our best to install our Pod's as quick as we possibly can.

In this case, as you live in the outer Hebrides, and we didn't have a fixed installer there to do the job. We first had to source, vet and train a local installer to get the job done, and this took a bit of time. We're sorry for the inconvenience but we wanted to make sure we got the right person and they were suitably prepared to do a good job.
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I kept being asked the same questions. Subsequent contact did not know what information I had sent before. I kept being asked the same questions and to send the same photographs. I was told different things about my supply. My application was forgotten after I made payment and I had to chase for the pod point installation. When an installer finally arrived I was told the electricity supply had issues and that I would have to sign a disclaimer. Noone knew that I had had someone to survey the electricity supply by podpoint before. A complete fiasco and a very unsatisfactory experience."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The engineer did not arrive on time, no call to confirm he was running late. After 3 calls and one e mail someone confirmed the engineer will not be coming 2.5 hours after the time slot, not veryimpressed"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"We have 3 units, one of which has not worked properly since day 1. They send engineers with no knowledge of what to do. Very frustrating."
1. How well was everything explained to you during the ordering process?
"Pod point claims that they are compatible with the Renault Zoe and I just find out that it is not true. Just got a Renault Zoe 2015 (second hand) and it keeps rejecting the charge. They blame on Renault software but it has been fine with other suppliers. Very disappointed as they said they cannot do anything to fix it."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"1. Installer was great BUT 2. When electrics shorted and wouldn't reset when vehicle was first plugged in, Podpoint 'Out of hours support' just didn't want to know - leaving my family without electricity or the means to cook, with no offer of any support until potentially several days later - extremely poor. Superstar original installer whose details I had by chance sorted this. 3. Plugging car in shorts house electrics out approx once per week - not yet resolved, 3 months on. The supervisor who got in touch to discuss an inspection of installation stopped replying to my messages when I informed him of the fault - shocking lack of ownership."
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
"Feel like I have been ripped off and I should of stuck with the free pod charger. No explanation or exploring with me the issues about may need a new fuse bearing in mind I have just had a brand new fuse box put in my house last year. Also charging me extra for extra cable when that was not mentioned, all you asked was how far is you fuse box from the front door, which was the information I gave you. Still can’t use my charger properly, not impressed."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Lots of small things from cross threading the screw in the breaker near the fuse box, to leaving bare earth wires exposed, leaving a flappy bit of plastic cable housing at the bottom of the stairs for the kids to kick and trip on, damaging the existing plugs, leaving the cable casing uncapped oh and we can't gate it to connect to wifi there's no "podpoint" wifi detectable even after resets... so overall not a great experience."
"My smoke alarms all activated and unable to silence!! Was all fine prior to works"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Micheal Feeney didn't even turn up!!! Don't mind unable to make it, but not to phone, text or reply to my answer phone messages, extremely poor service. After several hours wasted waiting on a sunny Saturday I presume he's not coming. Helpline phone number was no help either. I'm very disappointed, and annoyed."
"Took 4 months to organise installation. Terrible customer service."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installation took nearly 4 months to organise, involving photo's of the walls in my house, photo's of fuse boxes and satalite images, i almost has to get my drone out to complete some of the photo requests. Terrible customer service from pod point. The installation it self cost an extra £300 on top of the government grant and caused damage to one of my doors. I can accwpt that my installation was maybe non standard but an extra £300 pounds seems excessive of a couple of extra metres of cable. The finish in hiding the cables was like something I could have done myself."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"I was provided incorrect information which stated I needed a new fuse board installed before the Pod Point was installed. I paid £360 to have a new fuse board installed. It turns out I did not need a new fuse board as the Pod Point is not installed into the fuse board but into its own separate circuit breaker. I never received a confirmation email from Pod Point only text message. I never had the opportunity to upgrade to a future proof charger or to choose the charger type I wanted."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"He arrived at 1.45 and left at 8pm, he has left a big hole in the porch ceiling which is only 6 months old, the trunking is crooked nothing was said about a safety certificate and no attempt to tidy up"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The installer told my wife that it wouldn't be possible to install. She phoned me and left a message while I was at work. I returned the call shortly afterwards and she said the installer had carried on but not said anything. I didn't hear any more so I assumed all was going ok. I returned home with a need to charge my car for my journey to work next day. I attempted to plug the car in with the new pod point. The car flashed the three charging lights repeatedly and the car made a beeping noise which indicated it wasn't working. I then tried to plug in my existing cable and found it trapped under a large planter which had been removed and then replaced to fit the pod to the wall. I had to get a pick from the shed in the pouring rain to lift the planter to free the existing cable to find that it was now damaged. The outer insulation had been severed and I then had to attempt to plug it in to see if potentially I could not charge it and therefore not go to work next day. Luckily it still worked bit with the insulation severed it will not be safe. I am not looked at the installation and wires are all connected using 5 full sized cable junction boxes which are festooned up the wall below my fuse box. Lights are flashing and no indication of what I should do about it. Where I stand now from this morning is someone came to my house and damaged my one functioning charge cable. Not looking good."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Before I ordered, I was assured that my home electrical supply did not require uprating. On this basis I proceeded. After the installation SSEB contacted me that PODPOINT had asked for cable uprating works estimate. I should have been told before agreeing. This is unfaithful and very bad, shameful practice. Nobody answers to my email contacts to clarify I would not recommend PODPOINT to anyone."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Sorry bit I am absolutely disgusted with Pod point. They made me wait weeks for an installation date. Turned up over 3 hours late, after I called them continuously (no call from them to say they were running late). Then the engineer told me I did not have an adequate electricity supply (which Scottish power said was not true) but left with no charging point. Now they want an extra £200 as the cabling needs to be longer. I wish I had not used them. They are very helpful until they have your money and then ignore you after that. Also they are not based in Scotland so travel up from England (probably why we have to wait so long I am writing to the Scottish Government to ask them to give support to a Scottish based company."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The Pod Point install experience was very good. It was fortunate I was there to help as the cable had to be run from the meter box so I had to prepare the ground for the cable run (about 42 feet) while the install engineer was doing the electrics, if I hadn't of been there the whole install booking would have to have been abandoned. Had there been a pre-install survey the site would definitely have been prepared. However, the install engineer and I worked well together and got the pod point installed and tested within the allotted time frame. I successfully charged my car fully with pod point overnight and was pleased with the product. However, when I next used pod point the next day to top up the battery the system had failed (red light). I contacted the help desk and we went through some resets. Initially remotely by the HD and then by me on site guided by the HD. Pod Point failed to reset. So the HD advised me that a member of the service team will be in touch to arrange site visit. That was three days ago and I haven't heard a peep from Pod Point. I am not very happy and hence to low score for the install."
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.76 based on 8,758 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access