Pod Point Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited
Over a week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Faulty unit, not fixed nearly two months after installation and horrible customer service - avoid! My Pod Point solo was installed in November but was faulty from the first day. My initial interaction with customer services was good, they promised an engineer visit in a few days. This never came and since then phone and email support has been awful. Emails were ignored (the phone service asks you to email them) and the call centre staff told me they couldn't put me through to the engineering team and to wait for them to call me, which still hasn't happened. Avoid this company and buy a charger from someone else.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The sales personnel were very very poor. Not returning calls or emails. Had to get Volvo head office involved for any progress to be made. If they were not recommended by Volvo I would have ditched them at the start. No concern what so ever for customer satisfaction. On the other hand the installation side was excellent. The technician was polite, tidy and very professional. A pleasure to deal with.
Ive ordered a new EV which is coming in March. The dealer recommended Pod Point and had one on display, which the wife likes the look of. However getting hold of Pod Point to answer any questions via phone or email has been impossible. I’ve tried to call them on 3 separate days and the phone just rang. I then sent 2 emails, which I still haven’t received a reply. If this is the level of service before you place the order, can you imagine the after sale service. I’m completely put off doing anything with this firm. It’s a really shame. I’m sure they are caught out with growing pains, but Customer service is king always. With so many options out there, Pod Point needs to resolve this quickly.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The unit doesn't work. I've spoken to customer services 6 times . They have not resolved it. I'm waiting for a reply to my email and phone call today to get an engineer here. This is totally unacceptable
The after service is rubbish. I’ve left 4 messages about a fault in the last 3 weeks and still not been called back despite being promised that someone would get back to me. Terrible communication. The engineer who initially installed the unit was great and couldn’t have been more helpful. I think they must be overstretched.
3. How was the installation on the day?
I had 3 appointments cancelled and then once installed no cable even though phoned before ordered to clarify which podpoint and that included the cable
Truly awful experience. Several emails with photos and calls to determine whether the installation was standard or not still failed to establish all of the prerequisites for the installation so I had to dash out to get a part when the installer arrived. He turned up with the wrong pod point products so didn't install what I had ordered. He made no attempt to clean up after his work, leaving self tapping screws strewn all over the garage floor, each one a potential puncture. Again, numerous emails and phone calls in the hope of getting the correct product installed. Three months later I am still waiting either for the products I ordered or a refund.
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
Since the charging point has been fitted my burglar alarm does not work. I have also now lost power to the light in my dining room. Whilst the engineer will say he didn’t touch those parts of the fuse board it cannot be coincidence that everything was fine until he fitted the charging point. I’m waiting for pod point to contact me to get it sorted. At the moment the lack of an alarm will invalidate my insurance. If I suffer any losses I will have to seek compensation from pod point. A claim will not be necessary if pod point resolve the issues they have created.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Delay after delay, poor communication , attempted to take no blame for the delay, poor attempt at customer compensation . Overall worst service I have ever had from any company
3. How was the installation on the day?
Once you had my sale I found it nearly impossible to get in touch to chase up my installation which ended up being carried out after my car arrived instead of a week prior. Not enough office staff to meet demand?
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
Pre contract Communication was slow unclear and inaccurate. Lots of terms and obligations were only made clear after money was taken and a contract formed. This is not acceptable. How the process works and what is involved should be clear first. The online process was awful and painful.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Device was installed but left not working. I raised a support call but had nothing but an automated response. I followed up with a call which did resolve the initial problem, but two weeks after install I have still not been able to charge my car due to a subsequent inexplicable failure to charge. I'm having to wait until the weekend to follow this up again.
Several things. First we were told that the installation couldn't be made as we were on a looped electrical circuit. We aren't but I couldn't convince you of that. Then, when it was decided that we could be connected and an appointment made no one came (the installer had a family problem but no one told us). Then when a second appointment was arranged the installer arrived but told us that he wouldn't be able to install as the fuse box was too old. We had sent photos of it to you so this should have been identified before any appointment was made. Finally, at the third attempt we had a successful installation. And this time the installer was excellent -polite, efficient and tidy.
3. How was the installation on the day?
From paying to finally getting the point installed was 5 MONTHS. Countless broken promises from PODPoint (no callbacks, no chasing up to make sure promises had been kept, etc etc etc), constant chasing and more stress than I could imagine on something so simple
A one star rating is not low enough for this incredibly poor experience. Pod Point quite happily took my money in full for my charge point back in September. It's now December and you guessed it - I have no charge point. They failed to pass on any of my survey details to the installer. The installer turned up after over a month, without any of the survey details, so had no idea what they were doing. They immediately looked and confirmed there would be a large additional charge. They said Pod Point would get in touch with me to quote the additional charge. A month later, Pod Point still haven't contacted me. I've emailed them multiple times, nobody replies. Don't bother trying to contact them, because they won't reply to you. Now I'm in limbo where nobody is going to install my charge point without additional work, Pod Point are not providing a quote for it, so I am stuck. Nobody has bothered to reach out to me to check that the installation went ahead, or ask if I've had any issues - you would think after 2 months they would be chasing this. Meanwhile the money I paid for this charge point sits in Pod Points bank account, earning them money. God knows what has happened to the grant I applied for. All of this could have been solved if Pod Point would have come out and done a survey, but were insistent I had to book and pay to even get someone to come out and look at my proposed set up. So in short: don't bother. Really, don't. Pick a local installer - Pod Point just outsource it to them anyway. They will come and do a survey for free, they won't overcharge you on additional work, and you'll probably have a much smoother experience, where someone will actually respond to your emails. Wish my luck getting my refund.
3. How was the installation on the day?
I had a text at 6:30 am on the 2nd of December for an unknown number telling me he was sick I didn’t get a call from your office until gone 10 am at which time it was too late to cancel the mornings holiday we had taken On December 5 your installer who travelled from Peterborough did a very good job
At the moment I will only give you 1 star because I am unable to give you 0 stars. The pod point has not worked since installation and despite reporting it twice now, you have still not got back to me. Why have you not? You were quick enough to take my money. Please start talking to your customers.
3. How was the installation on the day?
When,point was installed it didn’t work, and no one would believe me. Each time I phoned about it I was fobbed off. It took at least a fortnight to get someone to actually come and look.....and he found five separate faults which made it impossible for the hub to work. A less patronising approach would help.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Very frustrating for one reason and had to make numerours calls just to get a invoice made out the the company. And guess what still waiting!!! We are replacing the compamy fleet and for sure will never use or recommend Pod Point to anyone.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The engineer did not have the lock I had ordered when he installed the pod. I then was basically fobbed off for several days, emails not answered, giving the same information to your support team as they had no idea about the problem despite me phoning several times. I was scheduled to have the work completed on 3 days and on each occasion the engineer did not show up. They finally arrived at 6pm on the fourth date scheduled after I phoned the engineer to remind him
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 12,337 reviews