Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

James Gibbons
Pod Point Limited 4 star review on 4th February 2020
Peter Cox
More Photos & Videos
Ok, I did not receive a call saying when he was coming. I asked he tell me when he was turning off power as i was on an important Teams call, he did not and i got booted off. I asked if he was going to tidy up the mess and he said "thought you would do that" He then asked for a brush and i told him I would do it. When I pulled the tethered cable out to chase i noticed the unit was covered in brick dust. He obviously fitted the bracket for the holder after the main unit and all the dust just fell over the unit. i had to pick up screws brick plaster and dust and hoover, really untidy get the job done and get away attitude. No professional look very untidy in appearance. I do not think the cabling is neat it is not straight, bit of an eye sore in my opinion. Happy to send pictures. When I asked him not to switch powder of as i said i had a very important call he said " this is important to me" I said i have had the call scheduled for weeks he said " this has been scheduled for weeks and all he was concerned with" Not very pleasant at all
the install itself was fine. But settting the whole thing up was not exactly clear and straight forward. Quite a labroius application process that is not easy to follow. I am educated and capable, I think many would struggle with the process. other issue is I have had to wait 3 months for install - long lead time, followed by a canceled install (on the day) followed by COVID (which of course is no ones fault). But you have had my money for all of this time.
From time of booking to installation took nearly three months and three attempts. Initial information requested about the installation site was not communicated to the first installer, and there was also poor communication about installation date when this was affected by the Covid-19 lockdown.

In the end, third time lucky, the installer was brilliant and did a really thoughtful and efficient job. But it took a long time to get here.
When he arrived very polite etc - but would have been good to have had a call / text with an ETA as promised
Very dissapointed that the LOCK system I had paid extra for was not fitted - the fitter didnt have any on his van ?
please sort this out asap
The installation went very well but the whole documentation and ordering process has been like pulling teeth. I am still waiting for an official receipted invoice and the installation certificate which I was told would be sent by e-mail. I need these to claim the Scottish grant. I appreciate that Corona is slowing things down but most of my frustrations over communication happened before Corona. I even enquired more than twice about using you for a corporate installation and no one even responded to my request so we went elsewhere.
Booking arrangements poor - gave many dates when available but booked into a day when working - had to email to change. First appointment then cancelled day before as part not available. First engineer who showed up on 2 March gave no guidance about where to run the wire - said this should have been decided already and he was just there to lay wire. This is contrary to what Pod Point had said. Left the electrics cupboard in a state and not closing due to awful installation. Also took some of wall out to lay cable and left in a total state. Engineer discovered an earth issue requiring Scottish Power to come and sort out. Second engineer who came on 13 March very helpful - had to rewire cupboard which took several hours - offered to redo entire cable placement due to poor initial installation. Very engaged and helpful - very critical of initial installation which in our opinion was pretty atrocious.
Happy with fitting very happy with equipment
The fitting was first rate
Responses online were late and I had to keep ringing and asking for appointment to get charger fitted
Then you cancel last minute without another appointment offered
So started same process with two to three calls I make per day to get a date.
The installer located the pod point to far away, I now have to park almost on the wall of the house to connect it in. This I can only assume was done to make his life easier. There is plenty of room on the side wall of the house to have installed it closer to the car. These installers do this day in day out and should be aware of where the charge points are on different models and ensure sufficient length to reach the car. Unfortunately I was not present on the day of the install.
No Covid19 recognition as per email and my shelf ripped off the wall and not told until i came to put my stuff back on it. Now cant use it as need to go out and get stuff and social isolation
It has not been a pleasant experience to date. The installation is not complete so I cannot comment in full at present. I am awaiting the electrical board supplier visit to correct the earth connection into the house. I do not know what number to call etc so will leave until after the current lock down has ceased.
I paid for my Pod Point on 23/02 but did not receive an instal date until Fri 27 Mar (for Mon 30 Mar). The installer did not complete the install and did not provide sufficient contact details for me to get in touch with the electrical supplier. I am still awaiting a response from the Pod Point team to pursue this.
Poor communication. Long wait for installation (which was eventually subcontracted out).
The cable has been left loose across the front door, and is a dangerous hazard. Please contact me ASAP.
The initial process of organising the install was terrible. There were extra costs hidden which should not have been there. There was no extra work on the day. The staff I spoke with on the phone didn’t seem to know what was happening and not very clued up. The electrician that came to my home was superb and very helpful. He done a great job and I’m happy with the install after such a fuss over the rest of the process.
the fittings internally from the switch board look dreadful - we've just spent money having our bathroom updated and then a wonky box is fitted with felt pen writiing on it. really is this how you leave the finished product.

the lads who turned up were polite enough but no initial inspection carried out just turned up with a thick cable to install externally.
The installer has used 4mm cable from the distribution board to the unit and your recommendation is 6mm. In addition a 40Amp breaker has been installed and therefore I am not convinced it is correctly installed as a 40 amp supply should have 6mm cable. I have had to down rate the system on the unit to 6kW until this is resolved. I have contacted the installer and they say it is fine, I am not convinced, nor is my electrician.

I would appreciate you views?

Thanks,

Oliver
1st installation appointment cancelled with a weeks notice - no problem
2nd installation appointment cancelled in the evening of the day before
3rd installation appointment installer failed to arrive - no communication from Pod Point
Took ages to get a confirmed date and there appeared to be confusion or lack of team working between client service people talking to me on the phone and those organising scheduling. Actual installation was carried out extremely well. Arrived when they said they would and completed job within time they advised.
After putting a complaint due to several things that went wrong with people not turning up to do the installation, I was so happy to finally have an electrician arrive today to do it.
All seemed ok, he was a good lad and was here a long time.
However as soon as he left things went wrong with the charge point and kept ‘tripping’.
He had to come back twice and try to work out what was going wrong. He eventually diagnosed that he had been sent the wrong voltage equipment and has had to send off for the right one.
He is to come back next week to refit the right one.
The charging cable was incorrect for my vehicle and the installation had to be aborted and completed the following day.

I asked the engineer for the test certificate for conformance with BS7671 and have still not received anything from Podpoint.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 14,750 reviews