Origin Global Reviews

Read Origin Global Reviews

origin@ignitionsearch.co.uk

Sands 10 Industrial Estate, Hillbottom Road

Tell us how Origin Global made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Charging 5k for a small sliding door which than allows the rainwater to trickle in to the indoor portion of the track. I am really worried that this will cause rotting of the underlying chipboard. According to Origin however that is completely normal. Also wind whistles through btw the joints .My replaced old door was of better quality. Very disappointed
Good Morning,

We are happy to discuss this via the trade partner you purchased the doors through as we can look into assessing the issues with them.

Kind Regards

Origin
Placed a £17k order for a project for my client through my local builders merchant . Over 3 months now and on still awaiting the replacement of the back door (. 3rd one) with no answer as to when it would be on site £120k extension built and completed in that time frame..... less one door!!! Appalling service... never again

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us on 01925 907907

Many thanks
Origin do not guarantee that the underside of their cills are powder coated meaning you need a spray paint can that isnt provided with the order to recify the issue yourself. Really not at all useful if you want to use their windows on a first floor and can see the underside of the cill. Their customer services department (Solutions) dont provide any 'solutions' for the issue either. I will not be using them again and will be recommending to my customers that they use another supplier.
Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately it is correct we cannot guarantee that the underside of our cills is fully coated as this is due to the powder coating process that is carried out by our suppliers. It is therefore the underside of the cill that will be affected as the underside of the cill is the only non-visible surface as standard. This is also the case with all other profiles as the non-visible areas of the profile will have sections that aren’t coated based on how they are rested and then coated in the process.

As our solutions team have explained the only resolution we can offer if the area is visible on site is to provide a spray can for the areas to be colour matched in to the rest of the cill. We understand that this isn’t ideal but I’m afraid there is not an alternative resolution as the profile cannot be coated in any other way

Kind Regards

Origin
Really poor customer service experience. Have been waiting for two years now to fix a shoddy job. Each time they either lose interest or forget what happened the last time or blame their agent Dalziel, as Dalziel blame them. End of the day we have really drafty doors, really drafty.
Good Morning Nick,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us on 0808 168 5816 to speak to our After sales team.

Many thanks
My husband and I are both in our 60's and have never before posted a negative review about anything. We think if you don't like something, don't go back. The service we received from Origin, however, had such a devastating effect on our building project and our bank balance that we feel compelled to worn others that Origins sales pitch of unbeatable lead times and outstanding service are not to be believed. We ordered a set of bi-fold doors and three windows from Origin in November for our new extension and alterations to our existing kitchen/diner. A second set of doors were ordered at the beginning of December. Our property is around 350 years old and as three large stone walls all approx 18” thick needed to be removed, this had taken quite a bit of planning. All tradesmen were booked months in advance for the major work that was planned to start in the New Year. We were given a delivery date for December 18th but just two days before we were told that all three windows had been made incorrectly and the bi-fold doors had failed quality control. Origin were unable to give us a new delivery date and unbelievably ignored our phone messages and e-mails. A letter of complaint sent by recorded delivery to Neil Ginger and Victoria Brocklesby remains unanswered. Our builder, plasterer, electrician, plumber all had to be cancelled and rearranged. Some were unable to change dates due to other commitments and it was necessary to find alternatives. We had also booked a three week holiday to be out of the way while the work was carried out! Our bi-fold doors eventually arrived on February 8th, seven weeks after the promised delivery date. We also received a letter of apology explaining that :- 'Due to an internal administration error the stock level of the walnut colour was reported incorrectly and we had to get a delivery from Spain in order to complete the manufacture of these products, due to the Christmas shutdown period the profile took longer to arrive to us.' Even when the doors finally arrived one of the interior cills was the wrong colour but we just used it. We wish we had used a different company and could never recommend Origin to anyone. Apart from the distress caused by our entire project being jeopardised we had considerable additional costs that we just didn’t budget for.
Dear Mr and Mrs Langridge,

Origin are proud of our products, our commitment to our customers and our 360 degree service. We do all we can with every order placed to ensure that it is delivered on time and in full. We wish that everyone’s experience with Origin and our products, as with most of the customer feedback below, lives up to our own very high standards. We are truly sorry that this has not been your experience.

Given the situation we found ourselves in over the Christmas period, Origin worked as closely as possible to overcome the delays caused by our aluminium supply, including manufacturing and installing temporary bi-folds to secure your property and enable the project to continue.

Origin remain committed to improving our offering in every way that we can, and every issue raised is investigated to ensure we can prevent it happening again.

We hope that now the products are installed you will have many years of trouble free pleasure from your Origin doors and windows.

Kind regards,
Initially the product range looked great and at a very competitive price. We are please with the product and the local installation team did a great job. However, within 6 month of installation, the system developed a fault and Origin (combined with their local installer) have not been interested in fixing the problem, passing the blame from one to an other. It has now been more than 8 months that I have a faulty corner post and a door that doesn't close properly. Origin inspector came with a level spirit and blamed the frame installation. However, this was checked with a laser and proved to be perfect. Everyone can see that the Origin corner post is faulty and has twisted, resulting in the doors to drop. Origin also changed their design 6 months ago and doesn't supply the corner post that they supplied me over a year ago. It is time they admit the liability and change my corner post to the new design to fix the issue. All in all, poor customer service, they do not get back to you for weeks and when they do it is just to postpone for an other few weeks/months. So the initial sale was great but pray that you don't have a problem or it will never get fixed!
We have two sets of bifold doors that cost a lof of money compared to others on the market. They are supposed to be one of the best. Both the opening doors let in a draught (even after fitter has been backed to refit) and they seals are awful. They are really weak and just split. Really not worth the money and certainly not a quality produce.
Good Morning Kim,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you would like to discuss the issues you are experiencing with the seals on your doors, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.

Kind regards,
I have 2 sets of bifold doors from origin, the larger set has been damaged because whilst open and stacked the main door come off the magnet and hit the frame causing damage to the door and frame. Origin tried to say the magnet is not meant to hold the door at first and attempted to fob me off. After some persistence they sent an engineer out, he checked it and stated the doors shouldn’t be leaning as they were and the reason for the damage is the weight due to the lean has assisted the door coming off the magnet and as the doors aren’t level as they should be the door has hit the frame instead of closing into the opening as a door should. Thank god my daughter wasn’t near the doors at the time as it would have caused serious injury or fatality. They then sent the report from the visit to Haus Glass in Warrington who are the installer trying to pass the blame as an installation issue and they are now saying it’s the magnet that is at fault. This will soon be 3 months on and I am still arguing with both companies about a now dangerous and damaged product due to no fault of my own. It appears they are more than happy to help when purchasing but have zero interest in their customers or their safety once they are installed. Avoid these companies at all costs you or your family’s life could well depend on it... What should be a simple process to fix under warranty that they pride themselves on is likely to now become a legal matter. It’s a very poorly run company if you don’t consider your customers safety over money and provide a warranty that is worth nothing.
I have an origin product where I seem to have the same issues as the below feedback! I have bi-folding doors which are not fit for purpose, the locking mechanism is broke and their after sales department is a joke. They simply don’t do aftersales, no return calls or returned email. I have a property where I am now sourcing other window manufactures to quote for the other 22 windows and two sets of double doors For the lack of customer service and sheer arrogance in your aftersales department, your company has lost thousands in business from me as a single customer. They are not a premium brand and would not reccomend an origin product

Thank you for your feedback.

Please call us on 01925 907 907 if you would like to discuss this further.
Decided to go for Origin Bi Folds over over competitors as they appeared to be great quality. The reality is they've been nothing but trouble and the local installer has been equally disappointing. Main door lock mechanism broke apart almost immediately, took 6 weeks to get replacement parts, the main door never closes properly and has now caused damage where it's been rubbing and knocking against the aperture, some days we cannot even close/lock the door so have to leave the house unsecured, takes days for local installer to come out and then cancels on the day when I've had to have time off work (again). Six months in and still the "premium" product we've bought isn't fit for purpose and I'm facing more waiting around for someone who might be able to sort it. Origin needs to take more responsibility for the actions and approach of it's supplier network.
Good Morning Mr. Roberts,

Thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate your frustration with this matter.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.

Kind regards
We had out new house fitted with all origin Windows, French Doors and Bi-Folds and have now had visits on so many occasions to try and stop the drafts through the frames and hinges. After the last visit having been told they would do everything to sort the issues they then write a report that bears no relation to anything said at the onsite meeting and have now washed their hands saying it is our house and drafts are being caused by an external source. After the Origin people came out prior to this visit they did loads of adjustments and next time it rained we get water coming through the ceiling of our ground floor but they say they could not have caused this but it has never leaked in 15 months before, very strange. It has also been said no other client has experienced drafts through the hinges like we have but a simple check on the reviews and you can see Sue Gray had same issue just a month ago. I suggest anyone with Origin Bi-Folds or French Doors check the hinges the next time the wind blows and report the issue you will have back to Origin and to anyone thinking of buying the windows DON’T until Origin sort the issues they have but at the moment deny. See not for David Ginger below and pictures of hinges and doors taped up to stop draughts and water ingress. Hi Kevin All Origin products have an accredited air permeability of class 4 which is the highest possible rating in the UK and Europe. We believe your windows and doors to be functioning within this classification and feel the problem you are experiencing is being caused by an external source. At this stage I can only recommend you employ the services of an independent air testing company and have them determine the air flow in and out of the property. Obviously if the result determines the doors to be out of specification we will be more than happy to further our investigations to find a suitable solution. With regards to the water ingress, nothing the Origin engineers could have done during the call would have caused the door set to start leaking and we cannot accept any liability for this problem. We cannot comment on how the water is penetrating in to the property but do not believe the manufacturing of the door set to be the cause. Best Regards David Ginger
I moved into a house which had Origin Bi Fold doors installed in 2014 by A1 Windows and Conservatories (originally based in St Neots now in Bedford). The doors have a gap between the top right hand corner of the lead door and the frame. Despite several attempts to contact A1 Windows and even reporting them to FENSA (apparently they were not registered by FENSA at the point of my installation) they have not replied to me. Origin have tried to help, but have said that this is an issue with the installation of the doors and not a warranty issue. They have offered to come and inspect the doors for a fee (£150 ish + VAT). I have the details of another installer in my area, but am extremely weary of any recommended Origin installer after the attitude of A1. This is not the level of customer after care I would expect from any professional company.
Dreadful product. Bi-fold Windows and a door installed 3 weeks ago. Draughts from every hinge, and between the door and frame. Back door slipped and would not lock. Had to sleep downstairs and could not go out. Waited in for fitters but true to form they did not show. Finally husband who is a pensioner, managed to lift the door back into the frame. Fitters break every appointment.
Good Morning Mrs. Grey,

I understand your frustration. If you would like to speak with someone regarding this, please call us on: 01925 907907.

Kind regards
""The door snapped in the lock and now it cannot be closed. Origin on paper cover locking mechanism as part of 20 year guarantee but when things go bad they simply renege to honor their commitment. They want to charge now. Origin cut corners on small things that lead to great damage in the long run. Please do not order to avoid painful experience later.
Not happy door out of line on bifold and let's cold in and company that fitter it will not come back to look at it
If you would like to speak to a member of staff in regards to your doors please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
Not good bad fitting doors does not hold heat in and let's in cold
Hello Sue,

We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your doors. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
Well I didn't make a purchase. We moved into a house which had Origin bi-fold doors. We were told they had a 20 year warranty. We called up, were told to call the installation company. We called them. They said do you have the original invoice, we said no. They said ok there is a £98 call out charge. Great. Not happy!
Good afternoon Justin, We are pleased that you are having the chance to use our doors. If you would like to speak to one of our agents, please do not hesitate to call us on 01925 907 907.
I contacted Origin to recommend an installation partner who could carry out a 3 panel bi-fold door install for us. We selected Panoramic Door Company as recommended by Origin who are a recommended supplier. Panoramic promised the world and kept delaying the install dates with 4 delays in total. Further Panoramic had to make 3 visits to complete the work due to glass not arriving, then the glass panels being scratched and finally to correct the mistakes made. The actual door itself has not lived up to the promise expected. We ordered a triple glazed door hoping for better thermal properties paying a premium for the door but thus far even in a mild summer it has made little difference to keep heat in. More so there is a constant draft at the hinges where the wind is able to so simply blow into the house. I am not impressed at all with the product. It might look great but from a thermal point of view its not and the suppliers carrying out the work did not deliver the service we expected considering we paid nearly £4000.
Really unhappy with the whopping 3.5 inch threshold we have to step over, especially because I asked the installer about low thresholds at our very first meeting. The pictures in the brochure all showed hardly any threshold, with inside and outside being the same level, but the installer told me they were trying to ‘sell you the dream’ and what he recommended was a 'weathered threshold’ to prevent driving rain coming in. What he didn’t tell me was that you can still get a low threshold with this product but you have to get your builder to remove a layer of brick, creating a recess in your floor in which the bifolds sit, sinking the threshold into the floor. I only figured this out many weeks later, after the order was placed, because neither the Origin brochure or website tell you this! The website did have some diagrams in which the same effect was achieved by essentially raising the surrounding floor with screed, which didn’t seem viable unless you want to raise the entire downstairs floor including other rooms. I was really confused as to how low thresholds didn’t appear to be practical and yet I was seeing so many pictures of them on the internet. I havn’t tripped over the 3.5 inch threshold yet, but that’s partly because I’m so aware it’s there - it annoys me that much. Someone will trip on it one day, but it’s the aesthetics that bother me as much as having to step over it. Considering we’ve spent 6k on this product, I don’t think enough information was available and I feel let down by Origin and the installer.
Defective products supplied by Origin; installed by terrible "accredited fitters". I wish I had never bought these doors.
Good Morning Christopher,

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience, would you like someone from the Origin Customer Service Team to give you a call to discuss? If so, could you please send your details to Marketing@origin-global.com. Kind regards, The Origin Team
Origin Global is rated 4.38 based on 523 reviews