Origin Global Reviews

origin@ignitionsearch.co.uk

Sands 10 Industrial Estate, Hillbottom Road

Category:
Home & Garden

How would you rate Origin Global?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Patricia Evans
Verified Buyer
"Although our extension isn't finished,we love the doors, the colour and how smooth the open and shut"
Janine Holland
Verified Buyer
"They look beautiful the only thing is not good the fact 1 of the doors just swings about nothing to hold it back"
Good Morning Janine,

Thank you for your feedback. We now offer a restrictor bar for any lead or single doors that may remedy your issue. You can either contact the agent who installed your doors or give me a call on 01925 907907 to discuss this in more detail.

Kind regards
"The lead times are absolutely amazing and the quality is great too. Unreserved recommendation!"
Thank you for your feedback! We are very happy to hear that our lead times and the quality of our system has left a positive impression with you.

Many thanks
Michael Wilson
Verified Buyer
"Good quality materials used. Excellent appearance and finished our extension to a very high standard. Admired by everyone."
Thank you Mr. Wilson,

I am glad to hear you are pleased with our products.

Please see your registration pack, as this includes a "Refer a friend" card where you have the opportunity to receive a £50.00 voucher!
"We put Origin Bi-fold doors in on our new extension and were sold on the low threshold, nice design and ease of use which in reality did not quite deliver. We didn't get a low threshold and have a 5cm lip on the doors which was the first disappointment but one we could live with, especially with the fine appearance, safety features and ease of use. Since coming back in to the cold and windy weather of winter this has highlighted problems. The doors have dropped in the frame, which does happen I believe and we can now see daylight through the frame again so the installers will need to come back for a third time. Our architect specified triple glazed doors for the extra thermal protection but this is quite frankly a waste of time. The biggest issue we have is the long vent which leaks cold air like a sieve would leak water. On windy days especially, a significant draught comes through the vent. The installer is not interested as the vent is as supplied and not incorrectly fitted or damaged. Unlike other, cheaper, vents on our double glazing units the origin vent is anything but trickle. On our other windows in the house with their £5 plastic vents if we choose to close them they are designed in such a way that the wind pressure actually forces them tighter shut. The stronger the wind the tighter shut the vent, simple. With the Origin vent on their bi-fold doors I believe that there is a fundamental design flaw as the stronger the wind the greater the draught in the house. This completely negates the triple glazing. Origin say that the vent is not weather rated but this is a feeble excuse. They were keen to tell me their vent was 10 times the cost of my cheaper vents and the doors were double the cost of what our builder wanted to put in. The installer told me that some people in windier areas tape up their vents. Origin do not seem interested and will not agree there is a design flaw. The design of the vent is such that when the wind blows it easily exploits the gaps. The outside facing part of the vent acts as a funnel and is larger than the inside vent. This in principle would cause a pressure difference I believe. On our cheaper units the vents shut against the airflow and are sprung in the direction of air flow. On the Origin vent firstly it is not sprung and secondly it opens with the direction of airflow, out to in. At present this problem has not been resolved and Origin customer services have stopped replying to me. Poor service from a very promising beginning."
Hi Nick,

If you would like to speak to a member of our team, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
Angela Hancock
Verified Reviewer
"Had my new doors fitted last week absolutely love them"
Many thanks for your kind comments , if you have any future projects then please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
"Fast, efficient and a great quality product!"
Michael & Valerie Mac Mahon
Verified Buyer
"Good design for looks, security, and the dual colour option."
Robert Crowe
Verified Buyer
"Generally disappointed. Approved installer took many attempts to rectify a poor install. The aluminium bi-folds and windows suffer severe condensation as soon as the outside temperature drops much below 3 to 4 degrees Celsius."
Hi there Robert,

If you would like to discuss anything further, please contact us on 01925 907 907.

Kind Regards

Origin
"I had the Bifold doors and a residential door. I purchased my Bifolds through Basfords in Nottingham I live in Birmingham and these guys were the best to go with price wise and confidence wise. I cannot tell you how fantastic my doors look the attention to detail on both the Bifolds and the front door is second to non. Thank you to Origin and thank you to Basfords who are a real credit to the Origin team."
Wonderful to hear that your project has been completed and you are so happy with our products. Thank you for you're kind feedback and should you need any further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
John Bench
Verified Buyer
"Hello, I have this week had a bi-fold door fitted in my home by Fox Windows and Doors of Stoneleigh in Warwickshire. My wife and I are very pleased with the door. However, although we requested that the internal seals and gaskets would be white in colour to match the internal colour of the door, one of the gaskets is black. See enclosed photos. When we questioned this with our supplier, we were informed that they had contacted your company and were advised that this particular gasket (the one that seals the main opening door) was only supplied in black. This seems a bad idea as it detracts from the look of the door. Why offer all other seals and gaskets in white but offer this one only in black? If you cannot supply this gasket in black, there is not much that I can do about it, but my feedback would be that in future you should offer it in white as it will improve the look of the door. If in future you do decide to supply it in white, can I have one please?!! Thank you. John Bench p.s. this "review" is a copy of an email that I sent to Origin customer services on 17th November. I have not received a reply!"
Hi John,

If you would like to speak to one of our customer service team, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
"The doors are extremely well made and fit perfectly. They look fantastic"
"Very pleased with Bi-folds noticed big difference from are old patio double glazed doors, fitters had radio on outside and you could hardly hear it and we think it made room warmer."
Michael Lewis
Verified Buyer
"It was obvious to see by both looks and operations that it was a quality product"
"Brilliant doors and they look great! Would highly recommend"
Paul Burnett
Verified Buyer
"Good quality product. Bi-fold doors far better than our old sliding doors."
Many thanks for your kind comments Paul, if you have any future projects then please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
"Origin Bi fold doors are absolutely great, very easy to glide back to open and close. Made a difference to the room."
We are very happy to hear that our doors have made such a difference to your room and hope you enjoy them in the years to come. If you have any future projects on the horizon, please do not hesitate to contact us 01925 907 907.
Andrew Garbett
Verified Buyer
"Doors very good but small issue with finish on leading edge of door. Silver cover bar does not extend to top of door. Examples in Orion Windows showroom no better. Poor finishing to an otherwisea good product. Orion Windows chased up with yourselves and was promised a call from your technical team to explain the problem but nothing forthcoming. (See attached photo) Disappointed customer"
Hi Andrew, If you would like any further assistance with this, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
"Fitted quickly and expertly by Essex Bifolds. It all works very smoothly."
Its lovely to hear that our agents are looking after you. Glad to hear that all went well with the install. If you need any further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
Martyn Buxton-Hoare
Verified Buyer
""Romsey Conservatories provided an excellent service and patiently held the quote while we obtained planning permission for our 5 panel cornerless bifold on a second floor balcony overlooking the sea. They liaised extremely well with us and our builder who was managing the work, and the installation went very smoothly, on time and with no problems. After sales service has been faultless. The end result is stunning!""
Thank you for your kind comments, we love to hear feedback whether good or bad as it helps us to improve our products and services. Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us 01925 907 907.
Origin Global is rated 4.47 based on 426 reviews