Origin Global Reviews

Home & Garden

Tell us how Origin Global made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Chris Vincent
"I own a small business in the East Midlands; Lifestyle Windows and Conservatories. We have been aware of Origin for some time but foolishly haven't been actively promoting their range. This summer we decided to make the move and its been a great decision. The products simply work better, have better options and come with better guarantees. I recently moved home and (once I have saved some money up) will be installing two Origin bi-fold doors. We are also finally getting around to re-building our window and door showroom and we plan to show Origin bi-fold doors, resi doors, Ow80 and Ow70 windows. Should have done it years ago!"
Martyn Buxton-Hoare
""Romsey Conservatories provided an excellent service and patiently held the quote while we obtained planning permission for our 5 panel cornerless bifold on a second floor balcony overlooking the sea. They liaised extremely well with us and our builder who was managing the work, and the installation went very smoothly, on time and with no problems. After sales service has been faultless. The end result is stunning!""
Dean Linnell
"Simply the best !!"
"Very pleased with the quality"
Good Morning Mr. Cook,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you are pleased with the quality of your Origin products.

If you have any future projects you wish to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.

Kind regards,
"5* service our doors were fitted within 2 weeks of ordering, seamless process from beginning to end. Our builder was astounded how quickly the turnaround time was and the fitting was the best he’d seen. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend. Our doors look amazing and finish our extension perfectly."
Good Morning Mr. Miles,

Thank you for your feedback!

It's great to know your Origin doors are a welcome addition to your new extension.
"The bifold doors themselves are sturdy and the quality of the internal handles are good. However there are some design issues that need resolving and could be achieved very easily. My experience of having the doors installed was not something I would wish to repeat."
Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to offer any suggestions, please feel free to email enquiry@origin-global.com

Kind regards,
"very good quality product."
"So glad we went for Origin bi fold doors they look good so easy to operate and open up our new extension."
Good Morning Lisa,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you have any images from before your extension and now, with your Origin doors installed, why not enter our best view competition.

Details of this can be found on the Origin website.

Kind regards,
"The product looks fantastic from a distance but there are failings. As the windows are aluminium and the beading is cut to such tight tolerances, they are prone to getting damaged during the installation. For a top end product, there shouldn't be sharp corners on the majority of the bead profiles. We have raised this with the installer and they are coming out to fix the issues but this costs us time on the project and distracts us from things that require our attention."
"Good service"
"Quality product....didn’t give 5 star as we needed to get 2 window units replaced 1 scratched the other a dirty smear inside the unit. Quality control lacking slightly."
"Recently purchased French doors for the kitchen. Affix Windows, Sidcup did the installation, unfortunately there is a draught coming through the top, vertical, section of the door. Affix are currently trying to resolve the problem. Obviously not overly impressed with the product at the moment."
"We found that by using a combination of French Windows and Bi Fold Doors we could maintain the original design integrity which we were seeking. Both types of door function well and from first impressions ,seem to be very well constructed. We ordered a particular RAL colour finish externally and our single criticism would be that the door seal colour range is limited and not necessarily matched to the door colour. This requires careful attention at specification stage."
"We are over the moon with our Bi fold doors a quality product and stylish would highly recommend this company ."
"Excellent service from the supplier, fitters, and the frames are lovely easy to use smart"
"Doors were fitted by supplier in a timely manner to a good standard pleased so far after the building was finished we had a professional window cleaner to clean them he noticed that on 2 panels a number of imperfections were evident I have called the supplier to come and look at the issues 3 weeks ago seems like got my money end of problem not to sure the 20 year warranty is worth the paper it's written on so a 3 star rating only"
"Doors awful... gaps, wind comes in by hinges,.. just worst experience...wanted blinds as well, told to call supposed origin recommended company... asked for quote.. after 10 phone calls eventually they come back, with a joke of a price.. blinds more than the doors... not interested in coming to see me... unreliable experience ...."
"The customer service system and action time is probably the worst I have ever seen. The product is great as long as you get what you order. We had a problem with the hinge and it took six weeks to send the correct replacement which should not have happened in the first place."
"Love my bi-folding doors. So easy to use and look stunning."
"The supplied windows are fantastic - absolutely wonderful and I would not hesitate to recommend them. Diane Campbell"
"Lovely bi fold doors installed by Fox Windows and Doors. Easy to use - have made a massive difference."
"I had some bifold doors fitted. The fitter, an independent sole trader did a good job and the doors look great. I have found the following elements disappointing: 1: These doors have quite a slim frame. The trickle vent is on the frame and not one of the openers. The vent directs the air upwards and the design of it is such that it relies on gravity to keep it open so doesn't work if turned upside down. In my opinion the frame is too narrow for this vent as when plasterboard is fitted 12.5mm and then it's skimmed with plaster the vent only clears the surface by about 1mm. I had intended to try and use some thermal backed board to reduce condensation but this wan't possible. It isn't even possible to wipe the paint between vent and wall. I haven't experienced a winter yet since fitting but suspect I may get mould. Time will tell. When looking at other houses prior to purchase I found vents had been recessed into the plaster by nothing out the board around them. I considered blocking the vent and cutting one into the opener but expected this would invalidate any warranty and would leave a redundant exterior vent visible. The solution for me is to put the vent in one of the doors on such a slim frame. 2. The magnets which hold the doors open are too weak. When just the main traffic door is left open, held on the magnet, even the slightest breeze slams the door shut. I have to hold it open using a weighted object which is disappointing for such expensive doors. I have some small 'rare earth' magnets I use for holding race numbers on a vest and these are much more powerful. 3. I intend to contact Origin about a security issue with these doors associated with the design, which I will not elaborate on in this review."
Origin Global is rated 4.42 based on 481 reviews