Origin Global Reviews

Read Origin Global Reviews

origin@ignitionsearch.co.uk

Sands 10 Industrial Estate, Hillbottom Road

Tell us how Origin Global made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Happy with bifold doors at present but would not recommend the french doors. Same frame used as for bifold therefore runner gap in the bottom frame. My supplier got a gasket to infill but there is no plate for the locking bolts to go in. I have therefore had to make holes in the black rubber to accommodate them. I shall not be using origin for my kitchen french doors. Given the price of them I would have thought the bottom frame would have a solid piece with bolt plate as my existing ones do. Disappointed..
Good Morning Christine,

Thank you for your feedback.

We do offer a Mobility threshold, which has no gap and can be suitable for French door configurations. This would be best discussed at the point of survey as some openings are not suitable for the Mobility threshold.

This may be the reason your installer has recommended the current threshold.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907907.

Kind regards,
Was not happy with Albion windows as I was not made aware that the door would not have a key mechanism on the outside and also that 2 door bi fold are not able to open one door but need to open all doors which is freezing in the winter. Origin doors I’m happy with but Albion windows I’m not.
The bifold doors themselves are sturdy and the quality of the internal handles are good. However there are some design issues that need resolving and could be achieved very easily. My experience of having the doors installed was not something I would wish to repeat.
Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to offer any suggestions, please feel free to email enquiry@origin-global.com

Kind regards,
Doors were fitted by supplier in a timely manner to a good standard pleased so far after the building was finished we had a professional window cleaner to clean them he noticed that on 2 panels a number of imperfections were evident I have called the supplier to come and look at the issues 3 weeks ago seems like got my money end of problem not to sure the 20 year warranty is worth the paper it's written on so a 3 star rating only
I had some bifold doors fitted. The fitter, an independent sole trader did a good job and the doors look great. I have found the following elements disappointing: 1: These doors have quite a slim frame. The trickle vent is on the frame and not one of the openers. The vent directs the air upwards and the design of it is such that it relies on gravity to keep it open so doesn't work if turned upside down. In my opinion the frame is too narrow for this vent as when plasterboard is fitted 12.5mm and then it's skimmed with plaster the vent only clears the surface by about 1mm. I had intended to try and use some thermal backed board to reduce condensation but this wan't possible. It isn't even possible to wipe the paint between vent and wall. I haven't experienced a winter yet since fitting but suspect I may get mould. Time will tell. When looking at other houses prior to purchase I found vents had been recessed into the plaster by nothing out the board around them. I considered blocking the vent and cutting one into the opener but expected this would invalidate any warranty and would leave a redundant exterior vent visible. The solution for me is to put the vent in one of the doors on such a slim frame. 2. The magnets which hold the doors open are too weak. When just the main traffic door is left open, held on the magnet, even the slightest breeze slams the door shut. I have to hold it open using a weighted object which is disappointing for such expensive doors. I have some small 'rare earth' magnets I use for holding race numbers on a vest and these are much more powerful. 3. I intend to contact Origin about a security issue with these doors associated with the design, which I will not elaborate on in this review.
Had some bi fold doors fitted a couple of months ago. Doors look lovely but have had a re occurring problem with the lock mechanism which has been looked at over 5 times now. Not acceptable given the premium status of the brand and extremely furiating at times!
Bi fold doors excellent Front door very disappointing. Incorrect glass insert. Incorrect locks. Very long wait to correct glass. Given up on locks........
Generally disappointed. Approved installer took many attempts to rectify a poor install. The aluminium bi-folds and windows suffer severe condensation as soon as the outside temperature drops much below 3 to 4 degrees Celsius.
Hi there Robert,

If you would like to discuss anything further, please contact us on 01925 907 907.

Kind Regards

Origin
After the shock of an email stating we had to pay the fitter on the day after the sales man gave us a total price which we thought included fitting as this was an optional extra we asked for. We were told origin salesmen never make mistakes so their is more than one god. The fitting was not added into the sales invoice total and could find no mention of having to pay the fitter on the day. The Doors were fitted by the fitter on the day in a professional manner he sheeted and kept the area clean while working. The only observation was the gap under the sill above damp proof course due to a taper which we have filled to prevent insect finding a home. We initially had trouble locking door and found the handle needs a little bit of force to lift it fully into its lock position.
Hi Geoffrey,

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
N/A 12345678
The doors are really well made and look great BUT Origin should choose their suppliers far more carefully. We have had a total nightmare with Silverline Windows - they are total cowboys and do absolutely no credit to Origin at all. I wish we'd chosen a different supplier but Origin recommended them as they were our nearest. So be warned - choose your supplier/installer carefully and don't just pick the one Origin suggest, ask for a couple to compare.
Hi Neil,

We are pleased to hear you are happy with the doors themselves. However, if you wish to discuss the service you received from the agent, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
The glass on 2 panels of our newly fitted bifold doors are not clear where a vertical line can be seen when looking at an angle thus distorting the view. We are giving ngvto raise this with Harpenden windows who fitted them.
Installation was quick, but the mastic work was not the best!Mastic tubes have been dropped off, so will get my usual mastic guys to tidy the joints up.The actual doors look great!
Our builder Christopher Michael Construction (Michael Magee), and our architect Gavin Powell recommended you, and we are very impressed with the product, however the follow up service needs some work, currently we are awaiting a number of vents above the bifold. Doors and also door stops that need to be put on since the scaffolding is down. Unfortunately I cracked one of the bifold panels and this needs to be replaced, we have emailed and phoned and will call Josh Tuck tomorrow to discuss. In addition following the paper work for the 20 year guarentee, I am concerned that some of the serial numbers may be wrong with our order, please could someone contact me on 07932 763251 to discuss all of this. Many thanks and best regards, Rob Collecott
Thank you for your feedback Rob, I will call you on the above number to assist with your query.
The doors were not able to close 24 hrs after installation due to an 'expansion' issue, apparently no easy fix, you are working on the problem? also doors scratched easily within 2 days of install, not convinced this is a quality product, will definitely not be recommending to anyone I know.
very nice frames but first configuration sent wrong so had to wait two weeks for new doors. vents missing too and black handles ordered so still waiting for both which is not ideal
Very happy with the product once it was installed. Not happy with the time it took to start and complete the job which ran over several weeks
Initially we were pleased with the Tri-Fold doors. They made a great improvement to our kitchen-conservatory living space. However, we have had a number of issues. Firstly the doors were delivered with the wrong size glass. The corners of the doors were very sharp and these damaged the door seals during installation. These issues were corrected after a few weeks delay. During the first weeks of use we noticed the latch tongue was catching on the frame and starting to damage the paint. Photographs of the latch mechanism were sent to the local supplier and Origin, showing a poorly fitting latch in the door. That was March 2015. An Origin fitter came to inspect the problem eventually and said the door frame gap was not big enough. For months this issue has gone on. With our supplier and Origin passing the buck. By September we had had enough. It took me less than 1 hour to make and fit a small strike plate costing less than a pound to fix the issue, something the door should have had in the first place. Overall A reasonably good product, but spoilt by lack of attention to detail and overall very poor customer support.
Morning Ian,

Would you like a member of our Customer Service Team to call you to see if we can resolve any outstanding issues? If so, please let us know a preferred time / contact number and or email address.

The Origin Team
I recently had 2 bi-fold doors installed and absolutely love the product, good quality, profiles and mechanically well designed. Unfortunately, let down by our installer! Choose wisely. Would have given a higher rating otherwise.
The job is still not complete so have not been able to use the new room in which the doors were installed. We'll be happy to write a review when the new room is finished. Peter Evans
Origin Global is rated 4.37 based on 524 reviews