Origin Global Reviews

Read Origin Global Reviews

origin@ignitionsearch.co.uk

Sands 10 Industrial Estate, Hillbottom Road

Tell us how Origin Global made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Initially the product range looked great and at a very competitive price. We are please with the product and the local installation team did a great job. However, within 6 month of installation, the system developed a fault and Origin (combined with their local installer) have not been interested in fixing the problem, passing the blame from one to an other. It has now been more than 8 months that I have a faulty corner post and a door that doesn't close properly. Origin inspector came with a level spirit and blamed the frame installation. However, this was checked with a laser and proved to be perfect. Everyone can see that the Origin corner post is faulty and has twisted, resulting in the doors to drop. Origin also changed their design 6 months ago and doesn't supply the corner post that they supplied me over a year ago. It is time they admit the liability and change my corner post to the new design to fix the issue. All in all, poor customer service, they do not get back to you for weeks and when they do it is just to postpone for an other few weeks/months. So the initial sale was great but pray that you don't have a problem or it will never get fixed!
Really poor customer service experience. Have been waiting for two years now to fix a shoddy job. Each time they either lose interest or forget what happened the last time or blame their agent Dalziel, as Dalziel blame them. End of the day we have really drafty doors, really drafty.
Good Morning Nick,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us on 0808 168 5816 to speak to our After sales team.

Many thanks
Doors very good but small issue with finish on leading edge of door. Silver cover bar does not extend to top of door. Examples in Orion Windows showroom no better. Poor finishing to an otherwisea good product. Orion Windows chased up with yourselves and was promised a call from your technical team to explain the problem but nothing forthcoming. (See attached photo) Disappointed customer
Hi Andrew, If you would like any further assistance with this, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
Really unhappy with the whopping 3.5 inch threshold we have to step over, especially because I asked the installer about low thresholds at our very first meeting. The pictures in the brochure all showed hardly any threshold, with inside and outside being the same level, but the installer told me they were trying to ‘sell you the dream’ and what he recommended was a 'weathered threshold’ to prevent driving rain coming in. What he didn’t tell me was that you can still get a low threshold with this product but you have to get your builder to remove a layer of brick, creating a recess in your floor in which the bifolds sit, sinking the threshold into the floor. I only figured this out many weeks later, after the order was placed, because neither the Origin brochure or website tell you this! The website did have some diagrams in which the same effect was achieved by essentially raising the surrounding floor with screed, which didn’t seem viable unless you want to raise the entire downstairs floor including other rooms. I was really confused as to how low thresholds didn’t appear to be practical and yet I was seeing so many pictures of them on the internet. I havn’t tripped over the 3.5 inch threshold yet, but that’s partly because I’m so aware it’s there - it annoys me that much. Someone will trip on it one day, but it’s the aesthetics that bother me as much as having to step over it. Considering we’ve spent 6k on this product, I don’t think enough information was available and I feel let down by Origin and the installer.
Simply the best !!
Looking fantastic, and on a nice sunny day as well. What a great way to put your bi-fold doors to use.
20 year 'guarantee' is worthless. Within 2 years of owning an origin bi fold door, this week the locking mechanism on the door handle stopped working - no idea why. I have since discovered that the guarantee excludes repair and replacement of "all hardware, lock mechanism and brass work" which carries a 1 year guarantee. Having spoken to a repair man, I am expecting a bill upwards of £300-400 for parts and labour to fix the broken handle and lock. Not happy.?
Good Morning Kerry,

We are very sorry that you feel our 20 year guarantee is worthless. I can tell you that our guarantee does covers all hardware and locking mechanisms and we would like to get the bottom of and solve any issues you may have.

Please could you e-mail enquiry@origin-global.com with further details of your issue and your phone number so we can talk through any problems.

Kind Regards,
Origin
I purchased my bifolds 2 years ago and have had to call the fitters out 5 times because the main door keeps dropping leaving a gap and draft into my dining room, I wrote to origin directly over a month ago and received no reply, the doors were not cheap and after my experience I would not recommend purchasing again
Following the bankruptcy of one of their distributors, I was facing huge financial loss on our project as were many unfortunate customers of the demised firm. The directors at Origin went above and beyond. Where they could, they honoured all of the contracts of the old company saving a large number of people thousands of pounds that we were unlikely to get back. For this unprecedented action I cannot recommend them highly enough. It further turned out that our disaster was turning into an advantage as Origin sent down their fitters to survey and fit our doors. We had a complex design and set-up, and their fitters came up with an innovative and excellent solution the previous firm had not identified. The fitting team were highly experienced, professional and fast. The office team were equally professional and courteous; especially given a large number of worried 3rd party customers they were unexpectedly managing at that time. I guess, most importantly, is the quality of the product. We have a high-end design extension, and I believe anything other than Origin would not have achieved the look we were after. The mechanics, the design and the quality, is evident throughout, and you will not be disappointed.
Good Afternoon Philip

Thank you for your kind feedback. It is a pleasure to know you are pleased with the way Origin have assisted you in this situation. We always strive to help in way we can, and we are happy that you have managed to finish your project.

If you have any future projects, please do not hesitate to contact us, on 01925 907 907.

Kind regards,
I purchased an aluminium bi fold door system to replace an existing upvc sliding patio door. It is a quality product and was expertly fitted by Almark of Stockton and the colour option fits nicely with the style and colour of the existing brown upvc windows. However I have experienced condensation on the lower sill when the outside temperature drops below 3 to 4 degrees C and "I am assuming" the Thermal Break struggles to bridge the differential between inside and outside temperatures. This is the only negative aspect of what is an excellent product and I am looking forward to reaping the benefits in the summer months. .
Good Morning Kathleen,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

If the condensation continues, contact Almark, who installed the doors for you and request they come out to assess the doors. If they find the condensation is caused by the manufacture of any components manufactured by ourselves, they will make us aware and this will be rectified under the terms & conditions of your manufacturers' warranty.

If you have any further questions regarding this, or any future project, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907907

Kind regards,
""The door snapped in the lock and now it cannot be closed. Origin on paper cover locking mechanism as part of 20 year guarantee but when things go bad they simply renege to honor their commitment. They want to charge now. Origin cut corners on small things that lead to great damage in the long run. Please do not order to avoid painful experience later.
Quality, workmanship, customer service all excellent. A rare treat these days. Thank you!
Great to hear that you have enjoyed an all round excellent service with Origin. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products which we confidently back with our 20 year guarantee.
Defective products supplied by Origin; installed by terrible "accredited fitters". I wish I had never bought these doors.
Good Morning Christopher,

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience, would you like someone from the Origin Customer Service Team to give you a call to discuss? If so, could you please send your details to Marketing@origin-global.com. Kind regards, The Origin Team
Charging 5k for a small sliding door which than allows the rainwater to trickle in to the indoor portion of the track. I am really worried that this will cause rotting of the underlying chipboard. According to Origin however that is completely normal. Also wind whistles through btw the joints .My replaced old door was of better quality. Very disappointed
Good Morning,

We are happy to discuss this via the trade partner you purchased the doors through as we can look into assessing the issues with them.

Kind Regards

Origin
Placed a £17k order for a project for my client through my local builders merchant . Over 3 months now and on still awaiting the replacement of the back door (. 3rd one) with no answer as to when it would be on site £120k extension built and completed in that time frame..... less one door!!! Appalling service... never again
Good Morning,

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us on 01925 907907

Many thanks
Origin do not guarantee that the underside of their cills are powder coated meaning you need a spray paint can that isnt provided with the order to recify the issue yourself. Really not at all useful if you want to use their windows on a first floor and can see the underside of the cill. Their customer services department (Solutions) dont provide any 'solutions' for the issue either. I will not be using them again and will be recommending to my customers that they use another supplier.
Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately it is correct we cannot guarantee that the underside of our cills is fully coated as this is due to the powder coating process that is carried out by our suppliers. It is therefore the underside of the cill that will be affected as the underside of the cill is the only non-visible surface as standard. This is also the case with all other profiles as the non-visible areas of the profile will have sections that aren’t coated based on how they are rested and then coated in the process.

As our solutions team have explained the only resolution we can offer if the area is visible on site is to provide a spray can for the areas to be colour matched in to the rest of the cill. We understand that this isn’t ideal but I’m afraid there is not an alternative resolution as the profile cannot be coated in any other way

Kind Regards

Origin
My husband and I are both in our 60's and have never before posted a negative review about anything. We think if you don't like something, don't go back. The service we received from Origin, however, had such a devastating effect on our building project and our bank balance that we feel compelled to worn others that Origins sales pitch of unbeatable lead times and outstanding service are not to be believed. We ordered a set of bi-fold doors and three windows from Origin in November for our new extension and alterations to our existing kitchen/diner. A second set of doors were ordered at the beginning of December. Our property is around 350 years old and as three large stone walls all approx 18” thick needed to be removed, this had taken quite a bit of planning. All tradesmen were booked months in advance for the major work that was planned to start in the New Year. We were given a delivery date for December 18th but just two days before we were told that all three windows had been made incorrectly and the bi-fold doors had failed quality control. Origin were unable to give us a new delivery date and unbelievably ignored our phone messages and e-mails. A letter of complaint sent by recorded delivery to Neil Ginger and Victoria Brocklesby remains unanswered. Our builder, plasterer, electrician, plumber all had to be cancelled and rearranged. Some were unable to change dates due to other commitments and it was necessary to find alternatives. We had also booked a three week holiday to be out of the way while the work was carried out! Our bi-fold doors eventually arrived on February 8th, seven weeks after the promised delivery date. We also received a letter of apology explaining that :- 'Due to an internal administration error the stock level of the walnut colour was reported incorrectly and we had to get a delivery from Spain in order to complete the manufacture of these products, due to the Christmas shutdown period the profile took longer to arrive to us.' Even when the doors finally arrived one of the interior cills was the wrong colour but we just used it. We wish we had used a different company and could never recommend Origin to anyone. Apart from the distress caused by our entire project being jeopardised we had considerable additional costs that we just didn’t budget for.
Dear Mr and Mrs Langridge,

Origin are proud of our products, our commitment to our customers and our 360 degree service. We do all we can with every order placed to ensure that it is delivered on time and in full. We wish that everyone’s experience with Origin and our products, as with most of the customer feedback below, lives up to our own very high standards. We are truly sorry that this has not been your experience.

Given the situation we found ourselves in over the Christmas period, Origin worked as closely as possible to overcome the delays caused by our aluminium supply, including manufacturing and installing temporary bi-folds to secure your property and enable the project to continue.

Origin remain committed to improving our offering in every way that we can, and every issue raised is investigated to ensure we can prevent it happening again.

We hope that now the products are installed you will have many years of trouble free pleasure from your Origin doors and windows.

Kind regards,
I had my new Bi-fold doors fitted on Monday 1st April 2019. They are very easy to open and close and have a good seal all round. Quality is fantastic and they look great - well worth the money. We used an origin recommended installer (BJB Windows Ltd Guildford) who did a top class job and were very professional (who I would highly recommend). A good experience all round.
Good Morning Mr. Linturn,

Thank you for your feedback on both our product and the Origin recommended trade partner.

If you have any images of your new Origin bi-fold doors (before and after if possible), please send them to enquiry@origin-global.com and we will enter them into our "Best view" competition.

If you have any future projects or questions please call us on 01925 907907.

Kind regards,
Not very happy at all know one will talk to me if the problem carry’s on hi will bring some one in
Good Morning Hazel,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please do not hesitate to contact Origin on 01925 907 907.

Many thanks,
We love the bi fold doors and the window from Origin. They have a dramatic effect on the extension we have built. The bespoke colour was perfect, and matched the rest of the project exactly. The only reason for not giving very good is that we have had challenges with the company we used to procure and install the products. Unfortunately this has slightly diminished our experience. I would absolutely recommend the product, you just need to be careful which distributor you use to supply and fit the product.
Good Morning Mr. Hill,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

If you would like to send any images you have of your doors and window to enquiry@origin-global.com I will forward them to our Marketing team for the Origin "Best View" competition.

Kind regards,
Our Bi-fold doors we’re purchased from Landmark windows of Plymouth and we couldn’t be more pleased with the service and product from start to final completion. Having personal working experience of Sapa / Comar / Sapa / Smart products we believe Origin is second to none. Brian Sculpher (Retired within the Arictectural aluminium industry some 40 years)
Good Morning Mr. Sculpher,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

If you would like to send any images you have of your doors to enquiry@origin-global.com I will forward them to our Marketing team to be entered into the Origin "Best View" competition.

Origin Global is rated 4.38 based on 523 reviews