Origin Global Reviews

Read Origin Global Reviews

origin@ignitionsearch.co.uk

Sands 10 Industrial Estate, Hillbottom Road

Tell us how Origin Global made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
I purchased my bifolds 2 years ago and have had to call the fitters out 5 times because the main door keeps dropping leaving a gap and draft into my dining room, I wrote to origin directly over a month ago and received no reply, the doors were not cheap and after my experience I would not recommend purchasing again
We love the quality, the way they close, the way they look. The one huge disappointment however is the way the doors when open are restricted to prevent them closing or blowing open and causing the door and frame damage. If we had known prior to purchase we would not have purchased the doors or in the size we have them. The restricters are not fit for purpose, something that you would find on a cheap upvc window. There is barely any protection against the doors blowing open or shut once open. . They have a plastic runner that has no strength, so little that the frame moves each time the doors are opened. It really surprises me how such a great product is let down so much by the fact that the doors cannot be used how they were intended to be used so are not really fit for purpose. Its like having plastic seats and rubber matting in a Rolls Royce !
Good Morning Mr Bouch,

Thank you for your feedback.

The restrictors we use are not designed to hold the doors in the wind. The only way to do this would be to have a hook and eye restrictor installed, however, this is something we do not supply. You can request these from your initial installer.

Our restrictor is designed to stop the door opening past the angle of 90 degrees, or 135 degrees and are not tested or designed to stop the doors in the wind.

The plastic acetal wheels are designed to have very slight movement in them, within the tracks, as this allows the doors to run smoothly and the material avoids causing damage to the profile. The movement is a tolerance included in the design to improve the operation of the doors.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907907.

Many thanks
Not very happy at all know one will talk to me if the problem carry’s on hi will bring some one in
Good Morning Hazel,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please do not hesitate to contact Origin on 01925 907 907.

Many thanks,
I registered my guarantee on the day of installation on 17/11/18. I was informed that I'd be sent a brochure at my residence at 8 Hever Gardens, Bickley BR1 2AU. It has yet not arrived!!!. Would you kindly look into it and tell me when to expect it at 020 8467 1906 or happyreins@aol.com
Recently purchased French doors for the kitchen. Affix Windows, Sidcup did the installation, unfortunately there is a draught coming through the top, vertical, section of the door. Affix are currently trying to resolve the problem. Obviously not overly impressed with the product at the moment.
The customer service system and action time is probably the worst I have ever seen. The product is great as long as you get what you order. We had a problem with the hinge and it took six weeks to send the correct replacement which should not have happened in the first place.
Very pleased with our doors but after sales service very poor. After installation tried to register for 20 year guarantee on line but couldn't do this as the site was being updated due to Data Protection. Advised to try on the 2nd July. Phoned Customer Services to try to register the doors this way, only to be told it couldn't be done because of the system update. The person I spoke to didn't offer to keep the details on file and register them as soon as possible, just said to try again at beginning of July. On the 2nd July managed to register and had the message 'Thank you, we will contact you'. On the 16th July received a message 'Registration complete, you will shortly receive your Welcome Pack and Certificate'. Nothing has been received which is worrying.
The window lock fell apart a few days after installation. Origin did not respond positively nor adequately to my request that they fix it, but told me to contact the installer. You could and should do more.
Good Afternoon Mr. Owens,

Thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate your frustration, if you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.

Many thanks,
We put Origin Bi-fold doors in on our new extension and were sold on the low threshold, nice design and ease of use which in reality did not quite deliver. We didn't get a low threshold and have a 5cm lip on the doors which was the first disappointment but one we could live with, especially with the fine appearance, safety features and ease of use. Since coming back in to the cold and windy weather of winter this has highlighted problems. The doors have dropped in the frame, which does happen I believe and we can now see daylight through the frame again so the installers will need to come back for a third time. Our architect specified triple glazed doors for the extra thermal protection but this is quite frankly a waste of time. The biggest issue we have is the long vent which leaks cold air like a sieve would leak water. On windy days especially, a significant draught comes through the vent. The installer is not interested as the vent is as supplied and not incorrectly fitted or damaged. Unlike other, cheaper, vents on our double glazing units the origin vent is anything but trickle. On our other windows in the house with their £5 plastic vents if we choose to close them they are designed in such a way that the wind pressure actually forces them tighter shut. The stronger the wind the tighter shut the vent, simple. With the Origin vent on their bi-fold doors I believe that there is a fundamental design flaw as the stronger the wind the greater the draught in the house. This completely negates the triple glazing. Origin say that the vent is not weather rated but this is a feeble excuse. They were keen to tell me their vent was 10 times the cost of my cheaper vents and the doors were double the cost of what our builder wanted to put in. The installer told me that some people in windier areas tape up their vents. Origin do not seem interested and will not agree there is a design flaw. The design of the vent is such that when the wind blows it easily exploits the gaps. The outside facing part of the vent acts as a funnel and is larger than the inside vent. This in principle would cause a pressure difference I believe. On our cheaper units the vents shut against the airflow and are sprung in the direction of air flow. On the Origin vent firstly it is not sprung and secondly it opens with the direction of airflow, out to in. At present this problem has not been resolved and Origin customer services have stopped replying to me. Poor service from a very promising beginning.
Hi Nick,

If you would like to speak to a member of our team, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
Doors expand in sunlight which I find disappointing for a high end product
Good Afternoon Grant,

If you would like to discuss this one of our agents, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
The windows look good and were relatively low cost. However, we had repeated problems with the installation of the folding sliding doors, which seemed to be unable to bear the weight of triple glazing, until the whole mechanism was replaced with something stronger. There are drafts coming through between the glazing and the frames of various windows, which just should not be there with any well made window. There is very poor noise insulation with these windows. the french door units just seem to accumulate water within the frame when it rains heavily, which then have flooded the internal window cills and damaged the plasterwork. Finally, a u value of 1.3 for triple glazed units is below par in my opinion. We have other triple glazed units in another section of our house that are just 0.9. I would avoid this company until they fundamentally improve their design.
I wish I felt happy after speaking to your Global team
We are sorry that you have come away feeling this way, if there is anything we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907.
Our above bi-fold triangle window was the wrong size and our window company provider, 5 Star of Worcester informs us that Origin can nor provide a fitting replacement until after the 31st of May, some 13 days later. This has caused us distress, cold and wind from ill fitting units and added costs due to having to re-engage our builders who are now off site.
The bi-fold has only recently been installed and at the first attempt there was a scratch on the glass and the replacement glass has a mark (inside the double glazing panes) so has be changed again.
I don't know whether it was incompetent retailers or a poor design of door or both but we have had a terrible time. Cold air and water have penetrated the side and underneath of the door. Initially the wrong size solid white panel and glass panel were supplied so we had a temporary white panel for the glass and a piece of hardwood for the solid panel. Appointments were forgotten or fitters arrived very late. After long series of complaints two of your own repair team came and advised that the door should be compressed down further. This was done by Nationcare Windows but warmer weather and no rain mean we cannot tell whether or not it has worked. It was a terrible experience, is still not necessarily resolved and I would not be surprised if the whole thing will need to be removed and begun again with a completely new door. I would not use the Nationcare fitters and would ask for your own team. It has been an awful time and has given both the retailer and Origin bad reputations.
We appreciate your frustration, If we can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907907.
Not happy with bi-fold doors due to gaps between doors and no thermal break on top or bottom so get a lot of condensing on bottom of doors
Our French doors don't perform well thermally, and they look cheaply-made when open. Both these problems are caused by the design of using bi-fold tracks at the top and bottom of the frame, which French doors clearly don't need. So when open, the doors look like they haven't been finished off properly and are missing flush finishing plates. It's poor design that we didn't notice in the showroom, probably because the French door display was a dark grey aluminium, but the white colour that we had fitted it really emphasises the unfinished look. Thermally, the top track simply transfers cold temperatures from the outside straight through to the inside, with no thermal break so it attracts condensation. The effect is exacerbated by the design of the trickle vent which is not a pipe leading from the outside vent to the inside vent, but is simply just a hole from the outside transferring cold air to the entire top track. It's a design that would be understandable for bi-fold doors, but not for French doors. In summary our Origin windows are beautiful, but our French doors are pure disappointment.
I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment with your Origin French doors. Our French doors have the same thermal efficiency as our bifolding doors which easily surpass building regulations. If you are having problems with draughts or condensation this could be down to the installation. If you would like to discuss it further please don't hesitate to contact us on 01925 907 907 or email us enquiry@origin-global.com
Quality is not that good. Trickle vent fell off in first few weeks and needed replacing with something more robust. Metal surround plate on outside lock fell off after a few months. The Locking mechanism broke and bits fell out of the door in the first year. Right now we are unable to lock the doors which leave the entire back of our hose open to anyone who wants to break in. Glass panes are scratched too. Wouldn't buy again.
We are are delighted that you have since spoken with a member of our Origin Team. Going forward, should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01925 907907.
We have only had the doors for about 3 months and have hardly used them at all, but the seal has already collapsed on one part of the frame
I am sorry to hear of your frustration on this matter. Please dont hesitate to contact us with any issues on 01925907907.
The bifold lever lock key was snapped off during or shortly after installation due to a design fault whereby if you leave the key in when you open the key is snapped. A 3-fold door lever lock was broken shortly after it was installed and has been many months in getting repaired. There was a small dent in the bifold doors. Recommend your doors- what do you think?
Sorry to hear of your frustration regarding your Origin bi-folding doors. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any queries.
Origin Global is rated 4.37 based on 524 reviews