Gabor Shoes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gabor Shoes
Read Gabor Shoes Reviews

sales@clinkard.co.uk

Tell us how Gabor Shoes made you happy
Had to pay to return my purchases and only one means of return. A bit antiquated when you’re spending £100 on a single order. Not sure I would order again on line from you.

Thankyou for your review.

We offer free standard delivery with no minimum spend however currently ask customers to pay towards the cost of returns.

You can return via a Charles Clinkard store without a cost, just pop in with your invoice and your shoes

Additionally returns can be made via Collectplus, its £4.49 for up to 10kg in weight and this is ideal for larger orders/multiple items.

You are welcome to also return via the Post Office which has varying costs depending on which service you opt.

We are naturally disappointed with your feedback, we appreciate the time you took to leave this and will of course pass across your comments.

If we can offer further assistance do not hesitate to contact us.

Nicola-Customer Services
I bought some boots via the Internet. I was offered a 10per cent discount as a first time buyer. This was not deducted so paid full price. When the boots arrived the outer packaging was perfect but the inner box was completely battered. The tissue paper was tatty. I wondered if the boots had been returned. The boots had a couple of scrapes. I would have sent them back but how could It be proved I hadn’t damaged them.
Please ask your staff to be more careful as £165.00 is a lot of money to me.
H Isitt
Hello Heather

Thankyou for your review.

Items are sourced from our stores and our warehouse, they may have been tried on or on display however the quality of the boots should not have been affected and it is disappointing that this pair arrived.

We have passed your comments across externally and internally to ensure extra care is taken in the future.

We have also refunded the 10% discount that was not deducted for you and this will show in 3-4 working days.

We hope you will return in the future and are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Nicola-Customer Services
Sale ticket left on shoes that I purchased but I was charged full price. Mentioned to customer service who said they would refund the difference but still not been received.
Thank you for your review.

We are soorry that you recieved a sale item when you had paid full price, there can sometimes be a crossover but we would always honour the sale price.

I can confirm that your refund was asked for via Klarna, who was your chosen method for payment.

If you do not hear from them soon with regards, to this, if you could call cusotmer services on 0345 241 7742 we can give you the details to contact them.

I hope that this helps.

Janice Ruddock
Customer services.

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry for the confusion regarding the sale sticker within the boots.

On checking into this further we can confirm that on the 16th August 2018 the difference was refunded for you. If you contact thepayment provider via this link https://www.klarna.com/uk/customer-service/.

If we can offer further product assistance do not hesitate to contact us.

Nicola-Customer Services
I ordered shoes that looked grey in photo but they were beige was dissapointed. instead of fancy names would you not say the correct colour beside the shoe
Hello,

Thankyou for your review of the Gabor Helen.

We are Charles Clinkard and operate the UK Gabor website, we also have one of the largest available stock of Gabor.

The colour details provided are directly from the manufacturer and we will of course pass over your feedback regarding this.

When the photographs are taken, we try to highlight the colours however every customer will have a different perception of the colour they see.

We can understand your disappointment and appreciate your feedback regarding this style.

You do have 35 days into which you can return an item, as long as its unworn and in the original packaging.

If we can offer further assistace do not hesitate to contact us.

Nicola-Customer Services
I paid £190 for boots and when they arrived there was a price label attached for £144. If the boots were on sale I should not have been charged the full price
Thank you for your review.

We apologise that this has happened. Sometimes there is a crossover of full price items and sale items when the sale starts and we would then honour the sale price.

However this boot is at full price and it looks as though there may have been an error with this sale sticker but we would have looked into this for you and may have been able to reduce the cost for you.

However, I can see that you have sent them back for a full refund, so unfortunately on this occassion I cannot be of help, but if this happens in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Janice Ruddock - customer services.
I ordered three pairs of shoes which arrived in a ripped and barely sealed Debenhams bag. All 3 boxes were damaged and the shoes inside weren’t packaged very well.
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry to hear that your order was delivered in poor condition.

Can you please provide your order number so I can look into this further?

Kind regards,
Rosie, Customer Services.
The wrong colour shoes were sent.
I e mailed pointing this out, the customer service department said they would send out a replacement pair in the correct colour once I sent the wrong pair back. And that all items are checked before delivery - clearly not......
As I had wanted to wear them for a special event, this was no good.
In the end I kept the shoes as I already have them and they are a nice colour and will come in handy at some point. I am not impressed with the service.

Thankyou for your review.

I have looked into your order and can see we arranged a replacement pair in the correct colour for you however you were happy with the pair you received in error so kept these.

We are sorry for the confusion, we understand how disappointed you were and please be assured we have raised this internally to ensure any errors are picked up before dispatch.

We hope you will return in the future and if further assistance is required do not hesitate to contact us.

Nicola-Customer Services
Not a usual Gabor quality. So disappointed. Shoes look cheap and very slippery on a carpet.
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that this shoe was not suitable for you and that you found it slippy.

Your comments will help others when they are looking for something suitable for their requirements.

Janice Ruddock - customer services.
Although comfortable, buckle on strap kept slipping so have had to return sandals. Should have taken more notice of other reviews as they said the same thing.
Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear that you did not find this item comfortable for you.

Your comments will hopefully help others when they are looking for an item suitable for themselves.

Janice Ruddock - customer services.
One pair of shoes were beige but the label on the box stated they were blue. Obviously the boxes were not checked before being sent out.
Thank you for your review.

We are sincerely sorry that this has happened.

Orders should all be checked at dispatch and we are sorry taht on this occasion it has not happened. I can see that you have returned your order for a refund and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Janice Ruddock - customer services.
I bought them for my elderly mother & they are described as ‘wide fit’ however she could t get her feet into them! I now have to pay return postage!
Hello Judi

Thankyou for your review.

The Gabor Islay are part of the Gabor Comfort Range, these offer leather linings and insoles with Soft Move technology which gives more surface area for the customers foot.

Although it is classed as a wide fit we cannot guarantee this will be a good fit for every customer as size is so personal to each person an many factors can affect how a shoe will fit.

We would suggest opting for the D+ in Gabor which are a little wider and some styles have removable insoles

If you need assistance with choosing do get in touch by calling 03452 41 7742, lines are available 7 days a week and as late as8pm onday through to Thursdays.

Nicola-Customer Services
The shoes were not of acceptable standard - pen marks and dirty sticky label which couldn’t be removed on the inside of one of the shoes. Also had to pay for return. Have made recent previous purchase from same retailer (Charles Clinkard) - have shopped int he store for years so assumed all would be fine - and again had to return as substandard; on that occasion they contacted me and refunded return cost but this time have heard nothing. Will still buy Gabor/shop in Charles Clinkard but in store only as the online service is clearly unreliable.
Thank you for your review.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that your order was not up to standard when you recieved it and therefore had to be returned.

There is an email for you with regards to your postage costs, unfortunately we do not have a telephone number so have been unable to contact you this way.

All orders should be quality checked before posting, please be advised that we will let the dispatch team know of your disappointment so that it will not happen to others.

Janice Ruddock - customer services
There should be a free returns label included with the package

Thankyou for your review.

We offer free standard delivery which is dispatched within 2-5 working days. This has no lower limit and is our most popular option with both online and customers within our stores.

Currently returns are payable however there are many ways which are efficient which can be used:

1-Collectplus-This is £4.49 for up to 10kg and ideal for larger items and multiple orders.
2-Royal Mail-Varying services offered depending on the size and weight of the parcel.
3-Store-Within Charles Clinkard stores, we have a number across the country which you are welcome to take your return to.

We appreciate your feedback and if we can offer further assistance in the future do not hesitate to contact us.

Nicola-Customer Services
I bought a pair of shoes in store (Wards, Bakewell) but wanted another pair in a different colour. Wards ascertained that Belper had a pair and phoned to reserve. No reply and, despite the promise of a call the next day, none came. So I ordered them on line. I paid extra for fast delivery, as I was away early this week. The shoes were not delivered on the date they were promised, but on the first day of my holiday. I had asked that as that was the case, they be left with a neighbour, not in the porch. They were left on the porch. Altogether unsatisfactory

Thankyou for your review.

We are Charles Clinkard and we operate www.gaborshoes.co.uk, there are other stockists of Gabor such as the one you mentioned above however we are unable to comment as to why you were not contacted back.

On checking the details of your order, this was indeed on our Express Delivery Service which is dispatched within 2-3 working days. If we are unable to locate a pair from our warehouse then we look to source these from another location and this adds on time to your initial order.

The delivery selected do not operate over the weekend and only Monday to Friday, this should have been processed with an alternative courier and we are very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

We have raised this internally to ensure more care is taken and have sent you a seperate email which we hope will offer some reassurance and also restore your faith in Charles Clinkard as well as the brand Gabor.

If we can offer assistance 7 days week and are open as late as 8pm Monday to Thursdays. Our telephone number is 0345 241 7742, you are welcome to email help@clinkard.co.uk or use our online Chat Facility.

Nicola-Customer Services
It took 10 days to have a delivery to DK, which I have experienced to mush faster for other suppliers of clothes/shoes from UK. Furthermore one of the shoes were rather scrathed on the leather material. When I had to return the product, I had to pay the postal cost my self (I knew that from Terms and Conditions), but all in all it rates the supplier much lower than other suppliers with higher product quality, faster delivery and no cost if products are returned.

Thankyou for your review.

Standard International Delivery is dispatched within 2-5 working days from the UK. On tracking your order it was sent out just before the Bank Holidays and this would explain the delay in receiving your order.

We are naturally sorry the sandals were marked and we will inspect these on return for you.

Please be assured items are checked prior to sending and it is incredibly disappointing you did not enjoy the online shopping experience.

Nicola-Customer Services
I ordered 5 pairs of different shoes (normal fit). All turned a way too wide for me, had to send them back. It would be good to have various options for width.

Thankyou for your review.

When you visit www.gaborshoes.co.uk and select either shoes/boots or sandals, on a desk top the options for selecting fit are to the left hand side.

If using a mobile device the filter option will appear to the bottom or top and then you can choose from there.

We are sorry you had to return your items and did not find a suitable fit.

On checking the shoes ordered, not all the styles were a standard fit and some were even an extra wide fit (d+ or a H in the base of the shoe) however although you may have enjoyed wearing Gabor before we cannot guarantee that all styles will be suitable. This is down to how the shoe is contructed, some have larger surface area around the foot and also some styles even include a removable insole.

If you need help looking for a style please can you give us a call on 0345 241 7742, we are available 7 days a week.

Nicola-Customer Services
Website would not let me put in australian mobile number, I wanted to pay in pounds from my uk account but are currently living in Australia. Kept getting message online to arrange call back which never happened. Found an email address and got some help - advised to put 0’s in phone box.
Finally got order sent, or so I thought but then got messages to say there was shopping in my basket. Again went on line and couldn’t get any answers so completed the payment as I hadn’t fou nd an email from you confirming the order. A few days later I received a pair of shoes and realised the original order must have gone through as the second one hadn’t had time to be sent. I contacted you with the order number I found on the delivery details and asked for the second order (duplicate) to be cancelled. I was surprised when you said this had already been dispatched so I now have to send them back to England when they arrive.
I also found
it confusing to get some mail in Charles Clinkards name and some just saying Gabor - have Clinkards bought out Gabor?!
I am pleased you ship overseas but the website needs updating, I would also like to see a bigger range of Gabor flats.
Hello

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered with regards to your order.

On the notes we can see that the email details we held did not match and this is why you did not receive confirmation and also were not aware of your order. This may have been down to a slight input error at the point of purchase.

When you kindly replaced another order with the correct details this will have come through to you.

As your order had now been dispatched we were unable to stop this from being sent and understand how frustrating this may have been to you.

We are Charles Clinkard, we operate the www.gaborshoes.co.uk website as they are based in Germany. We understand the confusion and please be assured we have taken on board your comments regarding this.

Our new Spring Summer 2018 season is just beginning in the UK so please do take a look at the range we are offering, you may just find something that you like.

We hope you will return in the near future and look forward to offering additional assistance with Gabor.

Nicola-Customer Services
very long period for delivery abroad
Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

We are looking to introduce an expedited international delivery service over the coming months - because it can take a little longer for delivery to places like Greece, on a standard delivery service.

I hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience this caused, and I hope you are happy with your purchase.

Kind regards

Sam, Customer Services
I ordered shoes in a size 6 - Raid, Black Suede, Style No76.470.47 - but the fitting was too big. My normal size isUK 6 or UK 5.5 and as I wanted a comfortabe fit I ordered size 6. I expected the width to be a D but they were G and my feet slip out of them even with a very thick gel insole! I love the style but would need a UK size 5.5 in a D rather than G. Is that possible?
Thank you for your email.

Gabor is a German brand and the G within the shoe relates to a UK D fitting. This is a slightly wider fit and you may find that with Gabor you need to look at a C+ rather than a D.

The advertising on the website is in UK sizing so if you use the filters on the left hand side to look for a standard fit, then it should show what it is that you are looking for.

It may not be the same name, but there will be a similar shoe for you.

We hope that you find something that is perfect for your requirements.

With regards

Janice Ruddock - customer services.
Shoes not in good condition- marked in a few places. Although it says the boots are for slim calves, think it will fit one and half calves easily.
Worst of all had to pay £6 for return.
Hello Deepa,

Thankyou for your review.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused regarding your recent order.

Items are checked prior to dispatch for quality and any issues should have indeed be raised at that point.

The Brook M are a medium calf fitting and if you are a size 7, the measurement for this would be 38.1cm, it may be a slimmer calf boot is more suitable.

If you need any information about the range of boots we offer do not hesitate to get in touch either by emailing sales@clinkard.co.uk or calling 03452417742.

We have sent a seperate email regarding the postage costs and hope this will restore your faith in Charles Clinkard and www.gaborshoes.co.uk.

Gabor Shoes is rated 4.65 based on 6,252 reviews