Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
Hi, to be honest with you I am not happy with my glasses it is not comfortable at all, you made me a glasses with joint views,but any time I wear it I get headache and it’s not clear to see
The service from the local branch was great, can not fault them. However I have spoken with a couple of friends who have also received glasses and it appears you are very expensive and I could have bought my glasses for £90.00 less. Really £90.00
Hi Adrian, thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better. We’ll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
Part time staff, so hard to get appointments, when staff are ill shop does not open, glasses are vey expensive
Thank you for posting your review. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Excellent eye test. Difficulty in choosing frames due to lack of choice. Went to pick up frames, they were broken in the shop almost in front of my eyes. I was understandably annnoyed and the manager completely ignored the issue. Made yet another trip to pick up new glasses; this time one lens fractured in the shop. Eventually I did receive my glasses and was given a discount on the lenses. I may not return to Scrivens.
very pricey Get other quotes be shop smart and if you have elderly relative please attend with them to guide them thro the purchase .
Thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Not happy either services had new glasses and checks at New branch as moved after several emails from old branch rang head office they said will sort still getting email service at new branch very bad and glasses not good at all good will have to return
Thank you for letting us know know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
I told the staff I only wanted reading glasses and for looking at my computer. However when I picked up they had different lenses in that I had not asked for. I wondered why it was so expensive. I was told to give it a chance and I would get used to them. I didnt. In the end after weeks of going in to the opticians they changed them. This also took a lot of time. I only had a £25 refund for the two pairs of glasses that cost me over £300. I feel as though I was conned with the prices
Hi Susan, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
The eye examination was fine. I was told I needed new reading glasses. As I had not had new glasses for about 7 years, I accepted this. When I got home and started using the new glasses they did not feel right. I could read better with my old glasses. I went back to the shop, and I was given another eye test and was told the new glasses were correct. I can still read better with my old glasses. I feel I have wasted £138 on new glasses I did not need. I will be going to a different opticians next year.
Hi Robin, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Not sure if it’s the right place to give my opinion on the Scrivens NHS hearing aids. I can’t see any other site. I booked an appointment with my GP to have my NHS hearing test and when I arrived I was told she couldn’t see me as she was running late and I would have an appointment sent in two weeks time, well six weeks on I hadn’t heard a thing so I phoned customer service at Edgbaston and asked for a further appointment I was told they didn’t have a diary for my GP, they didn’t have a diary for a GP near to me but they did book me appointment with the GP that was further away. Was not really happy with the hearing aid test as the lady seemed quite abrupt I don’t know if she was running late. But I know I didn’t feel comfortable with her. She couldn’t get the leads to fit into her computer to transfer my results of my test into my hearing aids, I asked if she was going to do a mould of my ears but she said no she was going to use the old earpieces that I had for a few years I then asked if I could have one of the Smaller earpieces and she just said no I needed the larger ones and she was going to use my old ones and just connected it up with a new tube. I wasn’t given any information of any after-care at all, just given a card for collecting new batteries which was at a different surgery again. So just left with not knowing what to do now or even which scriveners I should go to. So unfortunately I haven’t had a good experience with Scrivens and NHS hearing aids. I was just wondering if I went privately for a hearing aid, would I be told I would have to have the larger earpieces, I don’t think so. So disappointed with my experience with there new NHS contract
Too expensive, won't be using scrivens again
Hi Mark, thank you for letting us know know about this, your feedback helps us get better. We’ll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
I am not happy with the service provided as I brought my family over and purchased a couple of glasses and when I brought my dad for a hearing check the amount that was ask was really rediculous and even when ask for the cheapest the sample was not available. I will definitely not come back after the service we received.
The opticians very polite and knew what they were doing etc. My main problem with them is that I only wanted an eye test to get some contact lenses. They basically ignored my request and instead I got pressured/bullied into buying a new pair of ridiculously expensive glasses than I didn't want or need! I was then told to make another appointment for the contact lenses which was the whole point of the original appointment.
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We've passed your comments on to the appropriate department.
in the years I've been with scrivens, and all those years you managed to get my sunglasses right, but this time you refuse to correct them, if you looked back on the past you must have a record of the colour of sunglass I required, very annoyed B.G.Kneller
I visited yesterday for an eye test, the optician was lovely but the young girl on the reception desk was so rude. I haven,t changed my glasses for a couple of years as the prescription has barely changed. I was told again that my prescription had barely changed so was not in a rush to choose frames etc. The receptions tested my Perrifal vision but didn`t tell me if i past just said lets look at frames. I told her i couldn`t as i didn`t have contact lences in, she barely said goodbye. I went back in to the shop to ask if she could tighten my glasses to be told, well its because they are so old can`t really do a lot with them. My frames are in perfect condition and no receptionst has ever said they can`t tighten them, so rude and I beleive it was becaue she didn`t get her sale. Frames were tightened slighlty as I knew they could be, its really put me off going back I`m part of lense plan and have been with scrivens for years.
Hi Kendel, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
sir/madam, I do not seem to be able to see as well as before the new lenses. But then I do not have any say in matters. The government say I must have cheaper tablets. If I were a Doctor I would only give the best at all times. When I was at work I gave the best as did most of my colleagues. Symptomatic of todays world, No quality. And I am not a Royal Family or Politics fan. Specsavers they were a joke, Looks -'we always send customers to Dudley Rd Hospital' says the young lady there. Cold and indifferent as I had been warned many years ago, Dudley Rd. that is about three times I went there. Zeiss lenses say looks no different to ours say Looks. The price does not reflect that. And certainly photographically Zeiss is a tour de Force. Last time I went to Boots some tart said can I go before you I am at work (so conscientious?) as I say my opinion is of no consequence. Just before I went there to collect my specs. I had terrible stomach pains, possibly tablets, strangely they disappeared as I caught the bus, only to return after I got home. the Surgery Doctor made an appointment at the QE for an Endoscopy which I duly arrived there for, the small operation was performed and without any warning between the hospital and Railway Station, My Bladder and Bowls just let go quite embarrasing. the performer was either a novice or just a nasty piece of goods. I do not particularly like the surgery as the reception Staff are inferior to my way of thinking. One openly Lies to me obviously her ambition outways her intelligence. Better the devil one knows or think you know I suppose. The first optician i had in this city was Davis Keeler in the city. Then we found one nearer Walsh & Bywater indeed the same premises you operate from at cotteridge. It is hard to accept second third or fourth best when you have experienced the very best
Had my eyes tested and paid for frames in January.....Scrivens had two 'goes' at making my specs but failed miserably....at the end of May I decided to ask for my money back!!! which they happily did.....lesson learned. ...I have to say that staff at the Shirley Solihull branch were fantastic...Scrivens are lucky to have them.
Service was great product really poor when I ordered the glasses it said ultra thin which the the lady said would be thinner then my old ones. One lens is twice as thick and the other one three times as thick getting more and more people joking with the old jam jars think the ultra thin part needs looking at on the paperwork really disappointed
Hi Mr Barnett, Thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
This is a premature request as the issues I am experiencing have not been resolved.
Hi Tracy, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll pass your comments on to the Customer Care team for you.
I have put a complaint in about scrivens of fakenham, nit had reply yet. Bought new glasses,but wernt good. All marked and scratched in frames.And when he tested my eyes , wrong strength lenses.though only two week prior,had eye and contact lens tests. Customer care do not rate at all, will be collecting new glasses this week and go back to have new strength contact lenses checked, but again I know they aren't right, as seen.worse then ones I am wearing now
Hi Carol, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
The front of house staff in my local branch of Scrivens are impressive! They try their very best and listen to what they are told ! Wish I could say the same for the pencil pushers in head office who IGNORED what I said even though my local branch people said they were OK with things ! Very DISAPPOINTED! I may be changing my opticians because of this!
Hi Heather, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll pass your comments on to the appropriate department who will investigate this for you.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,543 reviews