Room to Grow Reviews

Room to Grow 5 star review on 26th February 2021
Lauren Elias
Room to Grow 5 star review on 26th February 2021
Lauren Elias
Mixed emotions around this company. They did state it would take up to 20 working days for the bunk beds to be delivered, which I find it far too long these days when some companies do next day within a week. Waiting a month is far too long. The communication prior to delivery trying to get a date is poor, you just get a standard response. when they do finally call to arrange a delivery slot, they are not very flexible, they give you a weeks notice and one slot. I finally got a date and then they failed to deliver on that day and I had to call them three times before they told me at lunch time on the day I was expecting I would not be getting my delivered and they would call the next day to book a time for the following week, I clearly wasn't happy, and had to push really hard to get it delivered the next day. I spoke to the MD Stephen who was very helpful and pulled out all the stops to get it delivered the next day. It was all a little bit too hard work
Thank you for taking time to leave a response. We are sorry you had a negative experience and we do take this very seriously. We are speaking with Stompa and their delivery team as this is not the level of service we expect for our customers. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so we can ensure this does not happen again. Best Wishes, RTG.
Products were disappointing.
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to receive comments like this. A member of our customers services team has contacted you to discuss this.  Best Wishes, RTG.
Good customer service poor delivery
Thank you for your comments.  We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced and we do acknowledge on this occasion there were some issues with the delivery of part of your order that we have taken up with the manufacturer.  Best Wishes, RTG.
I really don't mind Room to Grow and we bought from them thinking they were a local company. Unfortunately they don't actually stock Stompa beds and you have to deal with a logistics company who work for Stompa. These aren't particularly good. They tried to cover damage on a chest of draws with glue and they pushed it into position hoping it wouldn't be seen. They're also really difficult to get deliveries with. It's been way over 2 weeks since the bed was delivered and both damaged cupboards are nowhere to be seen. If I order from John Lewis - they deliver it. I didn't realise Room to Grow wouldn't be doing anything other than place the order.
Thank you for leaving your comments. We are sorry that you have been let down by Stompa's delivery team.  Stompa control their own deliveries directly whether it be for John Lewis or Room to Grow.  We understand that you have spoken to our customer services team today and you are expecting to receive a call from the delivery team within the next 24 hours.  It is our priority to help resolve this situation for you and we are treating this as a matter of urgency. Kind Regards, RTG.
The bed arrived and was as described - my daughter is very happy with it. However, I wouldn't buy from Room to Grow again, nor would I recommend them as we had absolutely no communication with them about the delivery. The website stated estimated delivery within 3-5 working days. I received an email confirming the order and the delivery time and 6 days later I'd heard absolutely nothing. I phoned and the lady said it was only an estimated delivery on the website and that she'd check with the delivery team - she did then phone me back and say that it would 'probably' be delivered by the end of the week and the delivery team would be in touch. We heard absolutely nothing from them, not a sausage, until the delivery team turned up the doorstep later that week - and luckily my husband was in. Call me old fashioned, but I need a bit of reassurance from a company that they are going to do what I have paid for them to do - Room to Grow gave us no assurance whatsoever and we spent a week thinking my 5 year old wasn't going to get her birthday present.
We appreciate your valuable feedback.We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with your delivery and we apologise for the time you had to wait. We were liaising with the delivery team on your behalf and are taking steps to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. Best Wishes, RTG.
Generally happy with our purchase but very disappointed in the delivery service. Constantly had to contact RTG for an update as none was given and no tracking data provided. On the day of the delivery we were assured by the delivery company that they would deliver to the first floor but when an Eastern European delivery driver turned up with little English - he refused to take our bed upstairs and simply rushed off. To make matters worse there were boot marks all over the boxes and then unsurprisingly one of our items was damaged. To get that part delivered took weeks with all the back and forth emails / telephone calls. Overall a disappointing experience with the delivery which badly lets RTG down. However their response always seems to be "we apologies" and someone else is to blame. Would recommend the product but not the delivery service. Sorry won't be using again.
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to receive comments like this. Our website clearly states delivery to a ground floor room of choice - the third party delivery company are not insured to take the furniture to the first floor level.  If you were misled then we are sorry for this. It is unfortunate to hear about the condition of your boxes and once the furniture leaves our warehouse then we do expect better care to be taken. As soon as we were alerted we did arrange for a replacement part to be despatched. Please be assured that we have passed on your comments to the team as we always strive to create the best possible customer experience.  Kind Regards, RTG.
Quality of bed not great whilst putting it together holes never lined up and when trying to push fixings in the wood got damaged even with minimal pressure applied - also delivery was shocking
Thank you for your comments.  It is disappointing to hear about your experience.  Please do contact our customer services team sending photos and your order number to support@roomtogrow.co.uk and they will be happy to help resolve this for you.  Best Wishes, RTG.
Although the bed arrived in good condition it arrived later than advertised and I felt that the communication in this case was poor. After contacting them myself and discovering they had the wrong phone number for me (which was amended during that call) it took another 3 or 4 days and another email from me until someone eventually called and delivery took place 2 days later. Great products but felt let down by the poor communication.
Thank you for your comments.  We are sorry that you felt let down by the delivery of your furniture and we acknowledge that on this occasion this took longer than estimated. We are delighted to hear your comments about the bed.  Best Wishes, RTG.
ordered the item. Paid for the item. Waited several days but did not receive the item. I had to contact them only to be tol that the item was not made anymore. Waste of time.
Thank you for your comments.   This was a very unusual situation and we are ever so sorry that we could not fulfil your order.  As we explained at the time, the manufacturer did not make us aware that this item had been discontinued, but as soon as were told this item was removed from our website.  Apologies for any inconvenience caused.  Best Wishes, RTG.
Very poor communication regarding delivery . Zero information regarding the second delivery !!
I have rated overall Poor. The actual bunk bed itself is what we wanted, the price was fair and the website very easy to use. HOWEVER the delivery was simply atrocious. Firstly there was no contact in advance to appoint the delivery time or date and so we were not expecting it when the delivery man just "turned up", this caught us by surprise as were about to go out, we hadn't arranged or cleared the space for the massive boxes - I noted at the time of purchase that my phone number was on the billing section of the Invoice but the delivery driver stated "you did not put your phone number on the order!"); Secondly, the delivery man asked me to help him carry things in - but I had not actually anticipated the size and substantial weight of the 4 boxes which were individually VERY heavy and as a result each box obviously had to be lifted in separately, each as a "two man lift" by the delivery man and myself. I felt exasperated and annoyed by time he left and could not believe the service. You may say "oh well the delivery was 'free'" but that is incorrect as the delivery was "not charged" only after we spent over £500 and qualified for free delivery online and the small-print stated 'into property'. And in any case the delivery service, whether chargeable or not, should be scheduled as a convenient time and be delivered into the property by the courier. Simply not good enough.
Thank you for your comments. We are ever so sorry that the driver turned up unannounced as all deliveries should be scheduled in advance directly with our customers. This is not normal practice and we do expect our delivery team to liaise with us if they have missing customer information. As our website clearly states under the 'delivery' tab for this particular product, it is to a ground floor room of choice. We have passed on your comments to the delivery team involved. Best Wishes, RTG.
Quick delivery.
Thank you for leaving your comments. Best Wishes, RTG.
Recieved goods we opted for the item to be assembled which it was . There was a wrong component delivered . The assembler ordered another component . This was delivered I assembled myself but the component does not fit . I then took some photos and sent to the installation team . So far there has been no reply or even an acknowledgement that they have received the mail.
Thank you for your comments. The Customer Support team have picked up your email this morning and are now liaising with the manufacturer with a view to resolving your issue as soon as possible. They will contact you directly in due course. Best Wishes, RTG.
Ordered 11/01/16 with a 28 day delivery promise still not recieved goods.
Thank you for your comments. We understand that your delivery has been booked in with you for 23/02. If you would like to get in touch, then please email support@roomtogrow.co.uk or call 0333 006 3096 and we'd be happy to help. Many thanks, RTG.
All items were delivered separately. We had to store two mattresses for 3 weeks whilst waiting for the bunk bed to be delivered. No time slot for delivery of the bed was given, despite this being advertised on the website and advised via e-mail.
Thank you for your comments. We aim to be as transparent as possible when it comes to deliveries and I can see from your order confirmation email that the deliveries were split out against the relevant time scales. We do try and deliver items together where possible but unfortunately on this occasion we had to use different delivery teams. We are very sorry that you did not receive a time slot for your furniture delivery - this should not happen and we will speak to the delivery team about this. Kind Regards, RTG.
Part of my order was not delivered and I had problems getting the delivery company to call me back.
Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please accept our sincere apologies again for the inconvenience you have experienced. Stock delays and delivery issues are unfortunately out of our control. We do hope you are pleased with your new Solitaire White Midsleeper with Navy & Red Tent and Bunk Bed Buddy.
The bed was not delivered as expected within the 5 - 7 days estimated time frame. When queried our address had beed taken incorrectly, and delivery was arranged for the following day. That attempt failed (due apparently to the van being stolen), and another delivery was arranged, but still went to the incorrect address. We finally received the bed, though not in the finish we had wanted, because again the details were taken down incorrectly when the order was placed over the phone. Overall the customer service we received was helpful but ineffective. The product is good, but I couldn't recommend the company.
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. We do send an email order confirmation for our customer's to check after the order has been placed. This should eliminate any issues with contact/delivery details and ensure that the correct goods are ordered. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your new Solitaire White Midsleeper.
I had to chase confirmation of delivery after not hearing anything for 12 days. Then they were good at keeping me informed about delivery, I.e. When my bed had been loaded, when it was expected etc.. (Couldn't fault that part). However the worst aspect, which wasn't acceptable, I had to unload the cabin bed myself with the driver crushing my hand in the process. Over 2 weeks later it's still painful.
Thank you for your comments. We have sent you an email and are awaiting your response to try and resolve this matter for you. Please do get back in touch. Kind Regards, RTG.
Room to grow was good, but delivery was poor. Waited all day for delivery, did not come so phoned RTG. Got in contact and said defiantly coming. Wanted another 2 hours and still not arrive. Next day said due to break down but not really believe as not say that when phoned up previous day. Also no phone call before delivery or when not coming! Don't know why delivery can't give time slot and not just whole day, must have delivery order. However RTG helpful and contacted company for us.
Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. Unfortunately, as we use Stompa's delivery service, the delivery issues you have experienced were out of our control. We do hope you enjoy your new Stompa Uno 4 Cabin Bed and Small Clip on Shelf. Best Wishes, RTG.
Called delivery company three times over a period of four weeks. Finally have delivery expected over a month after the delivery company received it. The delay was worrying, and I still don't have it. The expected delivery time was 15 to 20 working days and the actual delivery time will (I hope) be over 30 working days.
Thank you for leaving your comments. We are sorry to hear that you have not received your order. We have spoken with Stompa and we understand that their delivery team (Jade Logistics) have previously tried to contact you to offer you a delivery date but they could not get hold of you. Please be assured that Jade Logistics are actively trying to work with you and plan your delivery as soon as possible and they will call you again today. If you need any more help, please contact Customer Services on support@roomtogrow.co.uk or call 0333 006 3096.
Room to Grow is rated 4.29 based on 1,797 reviews