ANYVAN Reviews

61% of reviewers recommend ANYVAN

About ANYVAN: AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Categories:
Business & Office
Business Services

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
"The driver was 45 minutes late to the booking to move a sofa between two flats. Once he arrived, he was unable to move the sofa through the door even though it had gone in through the door and a different moving company I hired later in the day got the sofa through the door. As AnyVan was unable to move the sofa, the driver left. While I assumed there would be an attendance fee charge for the driver's time, it turns out AnyVan charged me twice - for the original booking fee PLUS an additional fee for a first floor to first floor move, even though no move actually took place. When I called AnyVan customer service, they said there would be no refund but they will take the entire amount even though the item had not been moved by their team (while this is not in line with their own terms and condition policy). The customer service experience was highly rude and unprofessional and they were shady on they charges they put on my bank card with no justification. I am surprised that AnyVan can get away with such unethical business practices of charging customers for a service which they do not fulfill. The entire experience was unacceptable. DO NO USE AnyVan for your move and do not give them your bank card details as they may very well put unjustified charges on it no matter if they complete your booking or not. Go with a different provider for sure, I wish I had."
"This company is shocking, I have just left my husband due to domestic abuse and was given a safe house from the council, I paid anyvan £329 and they sent out 2 Romanian guys on the day, they said they couldn't do the work due to an allergy to dogs hairs, so anyvan sent out 3 Russian guys as and they told me the job was too big for them and they needed petrol!!!! And they left too. I called anyvan and they told me that it was due to the state of my furniture and I wasn't going to get a refund!! Now my furniture might be old but it is not dangerous, surely if you pay for a job to be done and it doesn't get done, you will be refunded! I had to borrow that money in the first place, and then had to borrow another £400 to get the job done by 2 local lads, with no complaints. DO NOT GO CHEAP PEOPLE YOU MIGHT LOSE IT ALTOGETHER, THEY MIGHT STEAL YOUR MONEY TOO!! Guess I will have to take it to the small claims, appointment next week with the citizens advice bureau. BEWARE"
"Absolutely do not recommend this company to anybody. Booked for 2 guys to move a wardrobe for me and after paying a substantial amount to have new flooring laid only 2 months ago, this is now ruined as it was torn in multiple places during the move as a result from dragging the wardrobe rather than lifting. Despite my patience and numerous attempts to contact the company and come to a resolution, my calls are ignored and my emails go unanswered. I find it extremely disappointing that any company, who claim to be professional, are behaving in this way. I really do urge anybody who is thinking about booking these guys to book with someone else."
"THEY LET US DOWN We rented 1 van + 2 drivers (extra payment). We detailed all the boxes we had (we allowed for a bit more boxes in the booking just to make sure there was going to be enough space for everything) 1. They sent us an email 1 day before the moving date, advising the arriving time for the van was going to be between 14:05 – 17:05 pm. 2. They left us a voicemail saying that the van was going to be 1 hour late. 3. The drivers arrived at 18:00, drinking a bottle of cola, being very rude and they didn’t seem to feel like working, apart from that the van didn’t seem to be big enough to carry all our boxes. 4. We had our boxes inside our flat, on the 1st floor. We had some boxes on the 4th floor, but most of them on the 1st floor. The drivers said that the boxes should be on the ground floor already which is what we booked (it wasn’t clear when we booked that should be like that) but we asked if they could please wait 5 minutes until we put boxes on the ground floor, and then, while they are loading the van, we would be taken the rest of the boxes out, to the ground floor. 5. They said that they were not going to wait, they didn’t even want to put the boxes from the ground floor in van (which doesn’t make sense, as we paid extra for two people to help us with the drivers) and they said that they were going to leave. 6. We asked them to stay, we will pay extra if necessary, but we need to move out of the house now, we can help we can put the boxes wherever you need, but please don’t leave, allow us for some time with you (as far as I know when you rent a van for a moving it takes time to load all the boxes and unload the boxes to the new please, where they expecting to do the moving in 15 minutes?). 7. The drivers left at 18:15h. They spent with us 15 minutes and they left without giving the service, we were at the entrance of the house without a van to move. 8. We talked to the head office about what was happening and they said they were not going to refund the money as the boxes were not on the ground floor. So basically, they could come one hour late, but then they spent with us 15 minutes and they left. This is not acceptable. Very rude drivers, very bad service, and obviously I don’t recommend this company to anybody."
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. We are appalled. We sold a table and chairs and the buyer used AnyVan to collect. One of the men knocked a chunk of plaster out of our wall, then they jumped in their van and drove off. We took photos and contacted AnyVan immediately. Several weeks on and having to chase them constantly, they are refusing to do anything about it. Apparently the drivers are not their responsibility, the drivers in this case are denying they did the damage and AnyVan are refusing to help. BE AWARE if you have any problems, AnyVan are saying they are not responsible for the couriers they contract to do the work."
"Shocking Customer Service - highly unreasonable behaviour over the phone, unwilling to assist, and will talk back at you. Once a service I respected but all is lost. Very unimpressed and will never use again. - Just use gumtree to find a man with a van if you need a job done - cut out the middle man, that's all Anyvan are."
"Driver turned up 1.5 hours late despite paying a premuim for a time slot. When he arrived the driver and co worker dragged a fridge across the kitchen tearing the lino in multiple places. When contacting the company with my complaint they are saying it is my word against the driver (who denies this) and will not accept liability. I am fuming as I only moved in a few days before and have photographic evidence that the property was in perfect condition. I also have photographs of the tears, in multiple places, of where the fridge has been dragged into place - leaving it impossible for th damage to be caused any other way! Costumer service have been slow to respond to any emails and have had to be chased on numerous occasions. I have been left with no option other than to take legal action through the small claims court. I hope others do not have this exprience as using this company has damaged my home."
"Job booked ten days in advance for 8 till 12. Van failed to arrive. No communication until the last minute meaning someone waited four hours needlessly. Told pick up would be at 4pm so had to cancel as couldn’t wait any longer. Completely let down by poor organisation and total lack of communication ."
"A MOVE FROM HELL ! I booked a local move was given a time slot between 9 am 10am No driver arrived The contact no given rang overseas tone . Man answered and said he was not the account holder and he would ring the driver and ask him to contact me. The driver said he was in Coventry I am in Kent! 240 miles away ! He said he would arrive between 12 a day 1pm! Did not happen! I had a hot line to any van complaints dept ! Thursday said it was the drivers fault he said itv was theirs! He eventually arrived at 2 30pm ! Apologised and said he had not read the email correctly and it was his fault! Loaded the van I had to instruct him how to angle my sofa out if the door he could not do it ! Seemed completely inexperienced. When the two men had loaded van 1 hour 50 mins they then said they needed to stop to get something to eat as they had not eaten! He quoted 15 mins stop .I was waiting at my destination for one hour ! Thy then refused to take the furniture upstairs they said I had not booked this! Which I had and was verified in another call to complaints Dept! They took the furniture upstairs but said they could not take the wardrobe it needed 3 men so it was left in middle of living room floor ! Telephoned complaints again they said they would send a man the next day to take wardrobe upstairs or to get it dismantled! Next day no man or van arrived .I was called by a very rude anyvan advisor who said he could not do it today he did not have a driver ! He seemed oblivious to all that had gone on the day before and simply did not care ! I told him complaints Dept had aranged this and he said he had never heard of this man in complaints Dept they were up in Newcastle different Dept I asked him if he could contact complaints Dept and find out what was happening He told me not to tell him how to do his job ! He would do what he could and ring me back NO CALL BACK NO DRIVER OR VAN ARRIVED ! I asked for complaint to be escalated and for compensation .I received an email offering me £20 ! I am now reporting them to trading standards !"
"We were moving house and chose Anyvan.com because of the great ratings they had on review sites. They were very easy to book but that is everything went downhill. They would not let us speak to our moving team directly and we had to go through them. They estimated that we would need 40 boxes plus our items of furniture. They also said it would only take 3 hours to pack our things. They did not even visit to check. My wife and I were skeptical but we decided to trust the professionals (Mistake!!). The van they sent only managed to hold 28 boxes. We did not know what we should do or what was going to happen. Every time we called Anyvan.com we were kept on hold for at least 30 mins and when we finally got through the staff were completely useless. They would not tell us what we could or could not do. They gave no instruction. They just kept telling us that they have "escalated" the case. They did not tell us how long that would take. We were left completely clueless with a car full of kids and no home with no idea of when the issues would be resolved. It seems that when you call their job is just to empathise with you without actually doing anything. They have no power and they will never pass you on to a manager or to anyone who makes decisions. They wanted to unload the entire van and inventory the contents and it was only my wife who stopped them pointing out that this collosal blunder is their problem and they can fix it on their time, not while we have 4 children waiting. We were just left waiting with no-one to explain to us what we should do except useless people from Anyvan.com who were happy to empathise with us but not help us. We were distraught when their van just started leaving with a flat tyre and no explanation. We had to chase the van and find out that they were told by head office to go to Manchester (the city we were moving to) and inventory on delivery. We drove to Manchester and arrived a few hours after they dropped off our things in the house. They were supposed to rebuild the beds they took apart. They did not. They also lost most of the screws and bolts needed to re-assemble them and also destroyed one bed. When we tried to claim this from Anyvan.com first they said they would not pay out without proof of purchase which was ludicrous. I don't need to prove I purchased it to prove they destroyed it. After a few days they told us they would not compensate us for the destroyed furniture as someone had signed a form on delivery saying that all the furniture was delivered with out any damage. None of us signed such a form! I considered legal action but my solicitor told me that the huge amount of grief, stress and anger they caused does not constitute a damage. The destruction of the beds would amount to £500 of damages which means that I would have to pay the solicitor costs even if we won. It just wasn't worth it. We had a total nightmare with this company. They mistreat you and the people who can make actual decisions hide behind 30-45 minute call hold times and a layer of staff who will do nothing to help you except tell you to wait for an indeterminate time for someone to email you. All they do is say "I totally empathise with you" but they won't tell me what I should do. An absolute nightmare. Do not use them!!!!"
"Absolutely awful. They are the Donald trump of removal companies!!!! STAY AWAY They take your money and then hit you with hidden costs and charges. They are so rude and dismissive. A very underhand company. They are very used to people canceling their booking and refusing to refund their money. And they lie about what they had said."
"Not only were they 5 hours late but they broke things. I was promised a refund but only after complaining did they refund - £14 only! They think that makes up for the broken stuff, sever delay and extreme distress caused! They showed no sympathy and as a disabled person I needed someone reliable and caring. Lesson learned - for the same price I could have had a proper removal company move my home content!"
"DO NOT HIRE THIS SERVICE. We went through reviews beforehand and decided to ignore the occasional bad reviews, and go with this 'cheaper' option. Bad idea. Absolutely disgusted with my service. I was informed at time of booking (when I hadn't finished packing) that any little bits and pieces that needed adding could be done so for an extra fee on the day. The drivers were so rude and left with half a van empty, when all we had left to take was a few pictures, a wine rack, and an ironing board. Our car was packed full so we couldn't take them. We even offered to pay more, but they said no and left. This meant we had to leave these items and return for them at a later date, 140 miles away. On arriving at the new house, the drivers placed all our items downstairs, including our superking mattress, which we then had to try and get up the stairs despite my partner having a broken hand. Their attitude was so disgusting whenever I asked them to place something in a certain room, that I felt uncomfortable being in their presence and ended up going to stand outside until they left. When I complained to the company about our experience, the customer service representative fought me tooth and nail on each issue, spoke very condescendingly toward me, and completely contradicted what the initial person on the phone said to me when I booked. Considering I booked over the phone, I expected the information they gave me there to be correct, but apparently it wasn't and they were just trying to make me happy so they could take my money. As for the extra items, apparently the drivers will not take anything that's not on the list, although when I tried to amend my order online prior to the move, it would not allow me to do so. The company also told me we had booked for a 'ground floor' move, so the drivers weren't obligated to take anything upstairs, however the representative on the phone at booking simply asked what kind of property we were moving into (a house), and didn't specify that we had to state some items would need to be taken upstairs. NOT WORTH THE MONEY. We paid £500 for this move, and would much rather have paid a couple of extra hundred for a good, local company who would do their job properly. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND."
"I used AnyVan through two separate bookings in one day and I was not happy with the service. For the first booking, i was expeecting to get two men and a man, one of the men cancelled with very short notice. For the second booking, the driver arrived 90min late, with almost no previous notice. The cancellations added so much stress to my big moving day. I will not use their service again"
"Myself and my auntie booked a van with you last saturday the 4th of August 2018! The time allocated for us was between 12nn-6pm pick up TO Winchester and delivery to Slough. The van arrived 2:30pm which is 2.5hours late from the time allocated and then again arrived to deliver the stuffs at 8:30 in the evening! First when the delivery guys arrived at the picked up location there was no courtesy to say hello? or Good afternoon? or at least say we are from Any van... NONE!!!! Arriving at the property to say where's the microwave???? Second thing, they were busier over their phones while at work, they parked the van in the road blocking the whole street of people driving and screaming at us because they refused to move their van away from the road. Third, your staff ARE VERY RUDE!!!!! No apologies heard from the inconvenience of NOT COMING ON TIME. Contacting them and asking at least what time they would arrive at the destination because its already 6pm. There should be at least a courtesy call coming from them to say we will be coming 2.5hours late!!! But instead the answer was I dont know what time I'll be there??!?!?!?!?!??!?!? TO WHOEVER OWNS THIS COMPANY, IF YOU CARE ABOUT KEEPING YOUR COMPANY WORKING, AT LEAST TRAIN YOUR STAFF HOW TO BE POLITE!!!! THIS IS NOT THE ATTITUDE YOU SHOULD SHOWCASE WORKING FOR A CUSTOMER-RELATED INDUSTRY. i MYSELF WORKED IN CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR 13 YEARS NOW AND NEVER EVER SEEN CREATURES LIKE YOUR STAFF,, ITS EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!!!!! SECONDLY, AT LEAST TEACH THEM TO BE HUMAN WHEN THEY COME TO A HOUSE AND INTRODUCE THEMSELVES FIRST?!?! THIRD, STOP DECEIVING PEOPLE OF YOUR 5 STAR REVIEWS BECAUSE ITS A COMPLETE LIE!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS OUR FIRST TIME TO TRY ANYVAN AND ITS GONNA BE THE LAST TIME! YOUR GUYS KNOWS NOT EVEN A SINGLE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! NEVER TO ANYVAN AGAIN EVER!!!!!"
"Theives robbers highwaymen/woman took money then made every excuse not to do the job. Lied about time Lied about driver calling Lied Lied Lied. A dishonest devious Company. I only wish I had read this site prior to booking. They go out of there way to find fault with a booking. Never confirm details prior. Take my advise Shriply is the best open and straight forward they dont even take the deposit till they have collected and final payment on delivery. Thats the kind of service we all need."
"Do not choose this company. They will lie to you. They will steal from you. I paid this company to help me move my bed from one location to the other on the 1st June. And on the day they didn't even have the courtesy to let me know around what time they were arriving. After chasing the company up all day and waiting for someone to arrive. I got a phone call asking me to reschedule the booking at 2pm. Which I couldn't do so I had to cancel and request a refund and some compensation since I had to chase other van companies at short notice on the day. They refused to give me a refund for numerous made up reasons. Driver knocked at 8am. That didn't happen. I and the two people I was living with heard nothing! Driver knocked at 1pm. Another lie. They tried calling me. No, I got nothing until 2pm. Anyvan- Instead of trying to cover up a service you didn't provide, focus more on actually providing a service. Do not take pictures of doors instead. It's disgusting and gives you no right to take my money. I didn't pay for that you disgusting company. Do not try to take advantage of people by stealing their money. I am not liable to pay anything, and you have no right to a single penny of my money because you have breached your contract. I would highly recommend anyone reading this to not use this service, they will steal and not provide a service you paid for. They'll just take as much money away from you as possible! Anyvan, stop lieing. Stop stealing. STOP reporting any negative reviews you get! I've had to report this company to trading standards! They can't treat people like this and get away with it. I am furious!"
"Shabby treatment poor customer service. Booked a job for collection and delivery with time scale they confirmed for next day between 8am and 10am. They forgot to allocate the job. Called customer service. They said unlikely to collect that day but would try. Sent them a message on their contact form which , rather oddly they could not detect. They tried to re arrange booking for a different time but by then I had cancelled and they changed the booking message confirmation so deleting original details- sharp practice. I cancelled. They refuse to refund. A shockingly inefficient company."
"Do not use this company unless you have a completely free day on your hands. We had a very busy day planned and AnyVan succeeded in hugely inconveniencing five of our friends and family because AnyVan decided to turn up three hours early. It's virtually impossible to contact the office (I waited on the phone for 30 minutes) and when you do get through you may as well talk to a robot as the person that I spoke with kept quoting 'Data Protection' even when it was completely irrelevant to the discussion. My daughter had booked this company because she had read good reviews ... what a mistake. They have never contacted her, despite promising that they would, to discuss what went wrong. They have not apologised and not offered any refund. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY."
"the driver was 4 and half hours late picking up , so I had to tell him not to bother. However you cant speak to the company you book with (only via web chat) and I have never had my money refunded for a service I paid for and did NOT receive. Utterly dreadful service. AVOID at all costs"
ANYVAN is rated 3.40 based on 556 reviews