ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Appalling service and thieves!
Anyvan moved my home contents in July. The driver got lost between locations, damaged some expensive furniture, refused to take anything upstairs in my new property and then got verbally and physically intimidating.
Because they were running so late and due to the damage already done to my possessions, I decided that I didn’t want them collecting further items from a storage unit - although I had paid for this as part of the upfront charge.

It is now over 3 months later and I have not had any money refunded, I’ve accrued costs of storage and despite frequently contacting founder and Chief Executive Angus Elphinstone, he just delays and takes no responsibility for how his company operates.

I’m at my wit’s end and have finally had to take legal advice. Below is the email I sent Angus earlier today. I know this is a long message, but I urge anyone with other negative experiences to come forward so that AnyVan and Angus cab appropriately be held to account and so that other people will not have to experience this shambolic rip off company.

Angus

Following on from yesterday’s unacceptable phone conversation where you once again demonstrated your intransigence to resolve this outstanding matter. Your arrogant approach to your customers astounds me as does your procrastination in addressing this case.

I’m a reasonable individual. However when treated badly, with contempt and essentially stolen from (I paid for a service that was not fulfilled by you), then I will take appropriate action.

The good news for you is that you won’t hear from me directly again, the bad news for you is that’s because you’ll now have direct communication with my solicitors.

I briefed them this morning and letter to you is pending once I’ve approved it. For what it’s worth; this likely to get EXPENSIVE for you; a clear case of fraud and extortion evidence via email and phone recordings. That’s before we get on to the damage done to my possessions and that the job wasn’t carried out within the parameters agreed by your company (again evidenced on phone calls).

If my experience is anyway representative of how you run you business, then in my opinion, you are not fit to hold a directorship. This is something that will be addressed by my solicitors and Companies House once we’ve been successful in Court.

You are a despicable and opportunistic crook.

I’m looking forward to dealing with you appropriately.

Rob
IF YOU ARE THINKING OF USING ANYVAN THEN PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW

I am not one to ever write a bad review, but the unacceptable service I received from AnyVan has compelled me to on this occasion.

The drivers arrived to deliver our furniture at 00.15am. The journey from collection to delivery was over 100 miles, so we were told that they could arrive at the destination the same day as collection or the day after. It was only at 10pm on the day of collection that we received a call from out driver telling us he would not be there until midnight. We had no choice whatsoever in this. The driver arrived at 00.15am and didn’t live until 3.49am. We live in a second floor flat so this disturbed our neighbours considerably. Not to mention that this is just an unprofessional and unsociable time. If you do book with AnyVan make sure you specifically state a latest time for delivery. I would not have thought this necessary, but if you want to avoid being up in the middle of the night and disturbing your neighbours then I would recommend it.

We had to do a lot of the heavy lifting despite having paid for 2 men instead of just 1. We paid for 2 men to decrease the amount of lifting we were doing because we didn’t know the correct technique for lifting heavy items and so wanted to avoid injury. When the driver and his 17 year old son arrived, they had already been working 16 hours that day (they told us they started at 8am) and so were tired before they even stated lifting. I completely understand that they were tired after working a long day but surely it would have made more sense for them to arrive the following morning instead. On a number of occasions the driver said to my partner 'help me, I'm an old man'. Of course we were more than willing to help with some lifting but we had paid for 2 professional men for a reason. If you do not want to lift heavy items, state this on the special instructions of your booking. Again, I would not have thought this necessary.

The driver told us to destroy our sofa when it would not fit into the flat. One of my main concerns was the driver’s attitude when he realised that the sofa would not fit in the flat. At this point it was blocking the stair well so that tenants in the above flat could not get downstairs. Instead of now taking the sofa back downstairs, the driver insisted that the sofa could not be brought back down. He said he had to leave to be somewhere else and we would need to destroy the sofa. As you can imagine this was a very stressful and upsetting situation. After speaking to the driver and his son for at least 20 minutes we eventually managed to persuade them to bring it back down. This process was rushed, causing damage to the sofa and creating even more noise.

There was extensive damage to our furniture and our property. The damage to our furniture was unacceptable. The wooden dining table (which was previously is excellent condition) arrived with a large scrape down the centre and the seat of one of our leather dining chairs was ripped. Again previously in excellent condition, our sofa now has multiple tares in the fabric, the wooden frame is very weak meaning the sofa now rocks side to side and the metal bars of the sofa bed are twisted. This £899 sofa bed was no longer in an acceptable state for use meaning that we had to get rid of it. In addition, whilst trying to get the sofa upstairs, the walls of the stairwell were scratched and damaged so that there are now obvious holes, cracks and marks which will need to be repaired. The driver and his son were not careful with our furniture, on many occasions even standing on the arm of the sofa.

We were not covered for damage. When I informed AnyVan about this damage they explained that because I did not pay for comprehensive insurance that they could not accept responsibility for the damage. Maybe I was naive in thinking that a professional moving company would take responsibility for any damaged caused to your items in transit. This is not the case. The basic insurance included in the price only covers for fire, lighting, aircraft, explosion and theft. If you book with AnyVan make sure you pay for comprehensive insurance. This is not cheap, but worth it if trusting them with your furniture.

The customer service was extremely disappointing. I first asked to make a damage claim as well as a formal complaint about the service on the day of delivery over a month ago in August. The damage claim was dropped, without any kind of compensation or acceptance of wrong doing. Then, only last week after many, many emails was my formal complaint about the service on the night of delivery addressed. During this correspondence, the member of the AnyVan team I was speaking to kept changing and so I had to continuously repeat my reason for complaint. This is unacceptable customer service - it felt like they were doing everything they could so I would get fed up and drop the complaint. Despite everything mentioned above, I was only originally only offered £20 due to the late arrival. After further emails, I was offered another £25 as a 'gesture of goodwill'. To get to this stage with AnyVan has taken me 6 weeks of continuous emails and phone calls and they are still yet to have responded to all of my concerns or accept any kind of responsibility.

I will finish by saying that my brother has also recently used AnyVan. He was allocated a different driver and had nothing bad to say about the experience. It is a luck of the draw with AnyVan. You cannot be sure of the standard and quality of driver you will be allocated. So if you are in need of ‘a-man-with-a-van’ I would strongly advise you to use someone local and recommended rather than take a chance. That is certainly what I will do in the future.

I am absolutely appalled by the service I received, and would strongly urge anyone against using AnyVan in the future.
Don’t touch Any Van with a barge pole - they sub-contract the job. We ended up with two blokes and a van who damaged every item of furniture while they toured the country doing drop offs. Any Van denying any liability and refusing to compensate us - hundreds of pounds worth of damage caused. Don’t do it!
the driver was 4 and half hours late picking up , so I had to tell him not to bother. However you cant speak to the company you book with (only via web chat) and I have never had my money refunded for a service I paid for and did NOT receive. Utterly dreadful service. AVOID at all costs
Reference: AV 553 5399

I am moving between two different cities and I had paid extra to book a specific time-slot. On the day, they informed me that they will be 1 hour late outside the time-slot range and then 2 hours late.

Due to them being so late I missed my train and other transport so I had to get last minute tickets that cost a fortune in order to get back home.

I called, and the customer service person had a lot of “attitude”. She told me that it is not their fault about my schedule and that there won't be a compensation because it is not their responsibility. Then she said that I should read the terms and conditions before buying their services. I told her that I did it over the phone, and that obviously it is impossible to know these things over the phone unless they inform me about it. Her reply was “What did you expect? To read you 3 pages of terms and conditions over the phone?”

Well, yeah? If it is so important to follow them, then they should let me know over the phone to what I agree on!
And her “defense” was that they sent an e-mail with a link to the terms at the bottom of my receipt... AFTER I have purchased their service. Sorry, but someone has to read these BEFORE they buy, not after.

And then she mocked me like “Wow, don't tell me that you actually read the terms and conditions every time you buy something online”.

Just a horrible company, with no courtesy, no accountability, and very bad employees and customer service.

AVOID!
Amal Morsi
2 reviews

Published 3 seconds ago
Not reliable as used to be
They used to be a good company. I used to be their regular customer. Until today, they gave me a quote £49 for moving one item, a fridge freezer for 10 miles distance. I paid extra charge because I requested 2 men to do the job. After they put the fridge in the van they called me to add £70 extra charge to the already agreed quote because I did not select American fridge freezer. I had no choice except to accept ripping out £70 of my money. The quote is a quote, you can accept or reject when you are able to make a choice, not when your item is already in the van. They gave me 2 options both are worse than each other. Option one to through my item in the street with no refund to the money I have already paid or option 2 to pay £70 extra charge. When the customer accept a quote, they accept it according to a very tight budget, because they think that you are reliable. It was my mistake to select you, never happen again. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
Sent round an intimidating guy complaining about his hangover, was not careful with my furniture and damaged it. Also drove off with parts of my bed, anyvan won't take any responsibility for it or pay any compensation despite my complaint and claim, will not recommend this company, very disappointing service
Misleading, backhanded tactics!
I posted an add on Anyvan and accepted a quotation of £174. When the requested deposit of £34 was paid I was sent an email stating the remaining amount of £140 will need to be paid once the job is completed.
The contractor Move2U completed the job and were great throughout and once the job was completed they advised me that I need to pay the full amount as Anyvan does not pass on any funds to them. The guys done the job and I paid them, bare in mind I was advised otherwise initially by Anyvan. When I contacted Anyvan they all stated that the the £34 go to the contractor as part of the £174 payment. After insisting on clarification we ended up on the same email trail with all parties and putting down the jobsheet and the invoice the contractor confirmed that they have no knowledge of the £34 and Anyvan is the entity that can answer that question. From that moment the anyvan agent stopped responding to emails. Two days later another agent confirmed that they kept the money and is not refundable nor is part of the quote contrary to what they advise on the original email. Luckily I am insured on my credit card so will be taking that payment back.
Be very careful in your dealing with Anyvan as you can and up out of pocket!DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM!!!
asdasdadssadasdasd
I paid for two men to carry out the delivery of my items and only one showed up. I am being told I cannot get a refund because two guys did show up and completed the job. Apparently my eyes are deceiving me!

Please do not waste your money here, there service was terrible, the communication and the punctuality was awful. On top of that to be politely called a liar is very insulting!

I never write a review, have purposely written this review to warn anyone looking to use this service, to consider looking elsewhere.

I will continue to ensure this message is heard, so that no one else makes the same mistake that I did. The money I lost will be a sacrifice that I take to ensure that no one else makes the same mistake.

Disappointing especially during this time when we are all going through so much and having major challenges. I am asking for a refund of a service that was not carried out and that is well within my rights as a consumer. Breaking the law does not look good for your company and dismissing the consumer, the people who keep you in business is a very dangerous move and will falter in the long run.
All went according to schedule. No issue with the delivery of my car. Also pleased that the call center was available also on Sunday evening to follow up my order.
The two men turned up in a transit van for a house move I had booked a while before. They have two other deliveries they had to do along with ours and the van ended up looking like Tetris. I was initially okay with their response, they got most of the stuff in the van even though they couldn't move the treadmill or my bike as it would take too much room.
Then the next day I found out that they hadn't unloaded everything. We are missing a cover for the sofa which I can't quite figure out how they missed. I put a complaint into Anyvan who claim that because there is no evidence it went in the van they don't believe it had even been moved
We will NOT recommend AnyVan.

1. Our 2 year old brand-new washing machine got scuff marks. Both beds got chipped. Our armchair has massive stains now. Our wallpapers got ripped off.

2. They didn't wear face masks and didn't put floor protection sheets at the entrance even though it was pouring down with rain.

3. Our booking was between 12-2 but only showed up at approx 3:45pm. The van broke down on the way to our new house even though it was only 15mins away. They eventually arrived at our new house at approx 7:00pm when it was already pitch black.

4. There was a new fourth person when unloading and we're still yet to have confirmation whether this person was insured or qualified.

After all of this we've only been offered £38 as a settlement which can't rectify any of the damages.

We trusted all the good reviews but we were let down with irrrepairable damages and disappointing customer service.

Booking Reference No.: [6631285]
Terrible service for late 2 hours and forced customer to sign legal documents
When the driver turned up on the day, he was really apologetic and explained to me that they had a problem with the bookings and there might not be enough space for all my stuff, we agreed to see how it will go.
when he looked at the stuff he spotted (2X L shaped 4 seater Sofas) and told me that I booked (2 X 4 seater sofas) I told him I booked 4 seats sofa and the L-shaped is 4 seats as well plus they don't have L-shaped on the list that you pick from on the website.
started moving the stuff and midway he said not everything will fit, I looked at the van and suggested they fit everything even if it's not very safe for the stuff to do so, he agreed but asked me to sign a weaver for responsibility if anything happened to the stuff and I agreed and signed thinking they will take everything now, specially that I helped as well as I had a seven seater car as well, so I put all the sofas back cushions and all the loose cushions plus I emptied 2 large bags and a large box that I paid for to manage and fit them in my car to help them take the rest of the stuff.
In the end they did not and they lift behind the followings:
- 4 dining chairs
- 2 large glass coffee tables (booked 4 took the small ones)
- 2 Large bags
- 1 Large Box
- 40" TV
I called the office and after checking they said it's your fault and you didn't book an L shaped sofas (explained that this option is not on the pick list and that the L shaped are very small and even smaller than a normal 4 seats sofa but had no luck)
I had to book another company to pick up the rest of the stuff and paid £120 for them to do it.
I rang again the next day and explained what happened and I was offered £30 in return what I refused to take.
they have no manager to talk to or make a complaint.
Anyvan is Not reachable , refered my job to Thomas, Edwin the driver turned up, informing us that it is overloaded, asking us to pay £700 for overweight otherwise he wouldnt come, threatening us to go to police and tell them about the overload, From anyvan, Thomas and the driver Edwin, all unprofessional. I do not recommend them at all. Later on when I read their review I found out that there are so many other complain about tricking customer and asking more money by telling them that the van was overloaded. When they were unloading my stuff, the driver tried to drive away with my stuff. Therefore, they are bunch of unprofessional people.
Horrendous service, damaged furniture

Horrendous service!! Please don't use this company. We had our bed, arm chair and dining table damaged. My entire jewellery box drop all over the drive. We had to cut up our throws to use as floor coverings as they wouldn't take shoes off or wear boot covers. We paid for dismantling but they turned up with no tools. I went back and forth with anyvan to seek compensation and ended up with nothing. Even if you have before photos they don't accept them as they need to be date stamped. Im amazed to see so many good reviews. We must have been the unlucky ones. I can accept that anyvan are technically the middle man but they took no responsibility to assist with rectifying the damage and loss that we suffered.
A truly dreadful experience. Vile, nasty driver who reduced me to tears (I live alone and am 76 years). He refused to take double bed unless it was taken apart - told me it was my job to find out if this was needed. He said if he took it apart he would charge me for it. He refused to take stacking single beds because headboard was too big and needed to be taken apart. I was fortunate to be able to contact my son in law who dashed over with tool kit when he heard how distressed I was. Driver refused to take topper mattress on double bed (I need it for my arthritis)’ told me one mattress only. They carried large, empty drawers one in each hand and banged them several times on every door jam they passed. They complained about distance they had to carry contents into new home, saying I should be charged by metres covered. The van was way too small and they left behind the dining room table and computer chair.

Don’t believe the lovely publicity photos you see on their site. None of the people I contacted, who had used them, ever saw such a van. Instead, the van will be hired and driven by scruffy individuals who are in no way proper removal men and therefore very likely to cause damage or upset. BE WARNED - yes they are cheap, but you get what you pay for. Two days later I am still shaking from the awful experience.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! The delivery drivers (they are not professional removals staff) damaged a very nice wardrobe I had bought and lied about it when I complained. Anyvan took their side, despite all the evidence and then quoted their policy saying that the 'cover' they provide was not for damaged goods. The guys who picked up my furniture turned up in a transit van to fit a triple wardrobe, double bed, mattress and chest of drawers. And they went to pick up someone else's sofa on the way (which is how my wardrobe got damaged I'm guessing), and they charged me £278. So, if you want to use this company, my advice would be to pay the extra insurance as your goods are not covered, despite their advertisement. But if you're moving something valuable or something you would really like to receive in one piece, go to the professionals.
The website claims to match any quote. The man on the phone didn't want to know. I felt pressured into giving my card details there and then.
ANYVAN is rated 3.13 based on 942 reviews