Activity Superstore Ltd Reviews

59% of reviewers recommend Activity Superstore Ltd
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
"Received a voucher to use with them from my parents and this is the worst company I have ever dealt with and its borderline as being a scam in my eyes. I called up to redeem my voucher 3 months after the purchase date after going through the booklet you get with the voucher and the majority of events no longer exist with the company. I was informed at the date of printing the booklets all the events were available and some may have been removed since then but that's not their responsibility since it was correct at the date of printing..the voucher was for £50 and all the events left to Choose from were valued at around £10-£20 (from looking at their direct websites). Complained about this and at the end of it they accepted no fault on their behalf and instead said it's my fault because my parents should have checked at the date of purchase. Ended up doing a small wine tasting event which we only got advised of the date after redeeming the voucher and there was only one date available in the next year (so we had to cancel other plans otherwise we would lose the voucher) , and despite losing £30 in value upon redeeming the voucher, had to pay another £10 to the hosting firm directly because that event was not covered by my voucher (I don't know what event was covered since that was the only one from April - December). All in all, do not buy vouchers with this firm, a lot cheaper and less stress giving cash or using the events as ideas and booking them directly yourself. Whoever is at the top of the Activity Superstore must be making a lot of money from innocent people that's all I can say...don't touch them with a barge pole!"
I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. It is with regret that on occasion, experiences or locations offered on the pack do discontinue. These can be for reasons beyond our control or it can be because we have had bad reviews and decided to the remove these to ensure our customers have the best experience.
If you would be so kind as to contact me with your voucher number, I will happily check the direct pricing with you and see what we can do for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I was given a voucher for Her Ultimate Expereince (bought from Debenhams) as a birthday gift from my colleagues. It did not mention Activity Superstore to find details of activities but a website (mygift.com) and in order to access it you have to input the voucher code - When looking it booked me onto an experience even though I was only looking. Having tried in vain to contact the company I did manage to do that in the end - here's the next con. They won't refund but say I can change it to the value of the voucher (as it was a gift I didn't know how much it was) - I discovered the scuba diving I didn't want was £29 whilst the voucher cost £49!!!! Despite saying they offer refunds they say it needs taking up with Debenhams. Debenhams say take it up with the company!!! Looking around I found that the experiences offered were cheaper direct e.g. £99 for English heritage with voucher, £96 with English heritage; London Bridge experience for 2 £49 I can get it direct for £19.95 pp OR if (as I would I went by train) I can get a 2for 1 making it £19.95 for 2!!! This company is a con and I am upset that my friends paid £49 in good faith for something I cannot use. My recommendation: If you want to give someone a gift to choose - give them the cash."
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry to hear that you selected an activity that was not of interest to you. We do give you around 3 options to select “previously” and not commit to an activity selection before the voucher is validated as once this has been done we would be unable to offer a refund as per our terms and conditions. As offered previously we would be happy to exchange your voucher within our restrictions. We do try to match our prices to those direct with each activity, however we are unable to compete with any offers or promotions being held directly.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I was given a voucher as a gift from my sister for my 60th birthday. The package looks reasonable but have to go to the web site to get 'an up to date list of locations and restrictions'. Unfortunately, the web site showed an empty list and the chat service was closed (out of hours). I tried again in the stated hours and the chat was still closed. I then rang their Customer Service number which gave a pre-recorded message telling me to go to their web site. There is an e-mail address that I didn't try because it offered a 5-day response. My conclusion is that for a service company, this is appalling service. I have no confidence that anything worthwhile will come from this. Since my sister bought this from Debenhams and thoughtfully obtained a gift receipt, I will be going there for a refund rather than waste any more of my time on this."
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn that the options were not displayed online. There must be an IT issue with the activation number, however I can assure you we are able to rectify this for you fairly quickly. If you are still in possession of the voucher, please kindly call us on 0371 384 1025 with your activation number and we will happily remedy this for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I contacted this company regarding an awful experience regarding an afternoon tea on the 4th May I have followed up on this several times and am being ignored ,,,,,last communication was from Jonathon on the 19th May ,,say no more ,please please people do not waste your money on these so called experiences ,,,shall make it my mission to spread the message ."
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am very sorry to learn that you received no further response from Jonathan. If you could kindly forward on your last email, I will be happy to personally look into this for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Awful customer service. I bought my parents a voucher for Christmas for the cream tea for two and steam train ride which was valid for a year. When we went to book the experience it was fully booked for the whole year. When I contacted the customer services I had asked for a refund as we were not happy that a £50 voucher that could'nt be used was going to waste. Reluctant to offer a refund customer services advised that we could swap the voucher for another experience . Therefore we went back onto the website to look for another experience we found that they were still advertising the cream tea for two and steam train ride on the website which is miss- selling as they are fully aware that it is booked up for the whole year and whoever buys that voucher will not be able to use it. My parents decided to swap the voucher for an afternoon tea close to home however this was also not available. I explained how disappointed we were and that this is not acceptable. They then came back to say they managed to secure a slot on the original experience we accepted this and asked to be emailed asap with the procedure. A month on and no reply so I email 3 times within the month for an update still no response. When I phoned the customer services they advised that the date which was available is no longer which was no fault of ours as we accepted straight away. As a result of this I asked to speak to the manager which I was refused and was told to send in a letter with my voucher to receive a refund. This company will take your money and will not honour anything they offer to you even after a formal complaint has been made."
Hello Yasemin

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have faced, this is never what we want our customers to receive. In regards to the location in question they have proved extremely popular this year with this activity, therefore we are offering customers a free extension, to select another location or an exchange. If you would like to discuss this with me personally, I will be happy to see what I can do for you. Please feel free to call and ask for myself.

Thank you.

Charlotte Howland
"BE AWARE do not waste your time using this company. Liverpool FC Tour bought as a present for my son over 12 months ago & after trying to book this tour at least 6 times we were given excuse after excuse & as yet have not been given a refund. Please do not waste your time & hard earned cash on this unprofessional outfit!"
Hello

I am very sorry that you have not yet been able to take your son to Liverpool FC. I understand this is very frustrating but unfortunately this is outside of our control. The reason for the delay is due to extensive pitch works that Liverpool FC have been carrying out. We have confirmation that bookings will be able to be made as of the 1st September 2017, however if you would prefer not to wait any longer please contact me directly and I can speak with you in regards to the options we have.

I hope this helps and that we are able to give your son a great experience!

Charlotte Howland
"My aged mother sweetly bought 4 vouchers (in Halfords?)for her grandchildren to do a rib tour around Canary Wharf. These people are impossible to contact (unless you press the 'I want to buy tickets" option on the phone. If you press the 'I've already got my tickets' option it gives you a web/email address and cuts you off. My mum can't use the internet. The ribtours people were lovely and said they'd book it for us. Then they emailed me back and said they couldn't as the vouchers had to be 'validated'. I managed to contact activity superstor and Chelsea (on the sales team.. who was sweet but beleaguered) said she'd do it for me. She did.. each one had to be done individually. Red Letter Days... another experience aggregator went bust for precisely this reason. Appalling. Go Direct."
Good afternoon

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced when trying to redeem this thoughtful gift. This is not what we want our customers to experience when preparing to make use of a generous gift! We have moved over to online bookings as the majority of customers find this easier to use, however we still have our contact centre open for those who prefer to speak to someone to organise their events. I understand that Chelsea helped you with your validations and bookings and I am pleased she was able to.

I hope your children are able to enjoy their RIB tour.

Many thanks

Charlotte Howland
"Stadium Tour voucher was not accepted in Barcelona therefore had to purchase another ticket on the day, now 2 months on I am still chasing Activity Super Store for a refund of the original voucher. They are slack in customer service and only when I chase do I receive a reply many days later. DO NOT USE"
Hello

I am very sorry once again for the issues that arose on the day of the activity. However, I can assure you that once we were made aware we were quick to rectify the situation and processed your refund back in April. The funds were returned to the purchasers card on the 11th April, therefore should have been in your account over a month ago. If this is not the case please kindly contact either us or your bank provider and we will be happy to look into this further for you.

Charlotte Howland
"A relative paid £50 for our 'London By Day Or Night' voucher for us as a gift. We chose 'Afternoon Tea for Two at a 4* Hotel', that hotel being the Doubletree Hilton West End in Bloomsbury. On the exterior the hotel offers afternoon tea for two with bubbly at £35, and it refused to accept that our voucher included bubbly, so we were denied the two glasses of prosecco. The afternoon tea itself was pathetic, tiny sandwiches and cakes, one small cream and one small jam between the two of us, no choice of teas and generally treated as though we were the biggest pain of the day by staff. This 'London By Day Or Night' is a total rip-off, even the offers mentioned in the booklet are not those that are featured on line, and it's the on line list that we had to choose from. Staff at Activity Superstore were rude and disinterested, after all, they had their money, why should they help?"
Dear Trevor

I am very sorry to hear that your Afternoon Tea was not the afternoon treat you were expecting. We take any complaints we receive very seriously and will investigate fully to ensure a repeat performance is not made as our customer's satisfaction is our first concern. If you would kindly send me full details of your complaint and voucher number, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you in hopes of bettering our experiences and services.

Charlotte Howland
"Brought a voucher for a steam train ride and cream tea for two for my elderly grandparents as a Christmas present. I have recently gone to activate the voucher and found the the two locations that were stated on the box are not available which is a cause for concern as they can only use the bus service. I sent them an email asking for a refund to which they replied "Having looked into this, unfortunately the Railways in Derbyshire have been discontinued and therefore removed from the list of locations for the Steam Train with Cream Tea experience. We do advise in our terms and conditions that all locations are subject to availability and change, meaning they have the right to discontinue. All of the locations advertised on the gift box and in the booklet were accurate at the point of printing, however the most up to date list of locations can be found on www.activitysuperstore.com/usemyvoucher If none of the other Railways are suitable for you, you can exchange your voucher to a different experience from www.activitysuperstore.com or www.giftideasfortwo.com - this excludes anything currently on special offer, choice packs and tangible gifts such as hampers, flowers, chocolates and wines. Please note, if you wish to exchange to something of a higher value you will be required to pay the difference. The exchangeable value of your voucher can be found in the small print on the voucher. Alternatively, if your voucher has not been validated you are welcome to take it back to the store it was purchased from to enquire about a refund. Please be aware that a refund is down to the stores discretion. I do apologise for any disappointment this response may cause, please advise how you wish to proceed." So I proceed to look at the other vouchers on offer and find that the majority of them are on special offer so I cannot use my voucher for them and I'm certainly not spending more money to fund these bunch of con artists. AVOID this company and it's associated company gifts for two as they both piss in the same pot."
Hello William

I am sorry to hear that your preferred location is no longer available, however the information you have been given is correct. Unfortunately location do discontinue from time to time for reasons beyond our control. We do always try to offer a suitable alternative or exchange, however if these are not suitable please do get back in contact and I will work with you to find a solution.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Waited for over a week now and this company have never got back to me, never returned my emails, never tried to call me. Anyone who buys one of these horrific experiences needs their heads testing !!!!!!!!!!"
"We received our voucher as a Christmas present and registered as requested. 6 months we went to book our West End Show and afternoon tea to be told our voucher had been used and THEY WOULD NOT HONOUR THE VOUCHER? 15 phone calls with Activity Superstore and Encore their subsidery finally sorted out the problem. They finally admitted that one of their Employees had used it. We finally got the ticket we wanted after nearly 4 weeks. However!!!! The seats for the West End show were the cheapest and worse in the theatre. We were on the back row in the circle in a row of 5 seats. I had to sit on the stairs to get a view of the show. The afternoon tea, WAS NOT AN AFTERNOON TEA but a cream tea. Which was half the price and half the amount of food. DO NOT USE ACTIVTY SUPER STORE! DO NO NOT USE ENCORE? DO NOT USE AMAZING ADVENTURES YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF? BE WARNED?"
Dear Mr Young

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of all of the problems you experienced initially when trying to book your activity. This is never the service we want our customers to receive.

When booking you should have been made aware of the seats before you confirmed the booking to ensure that they were suitable for you. Therefore I can only apologise that they were not to your expectation. If you could kindly contact us with the details of your complaint and what was received, we will gladly investigate further for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I wish I read the reviews before buying a voucher at Activity Superstore. I bought an experience for my husband's birthday for Sheepdog experience. When it came to booking the experience, the number wouldn't work. I later found out the number given by Activity Superstore was not the right one. I called Activity Surperstore and they offered to book the experience for me, which was kind of them but they were very inneficient and hard to get hold of. I had many tries and when I emailed them to confirm a date, they wouldn't confirm back and eventually they told me they never received the email. After a few tries I managed to book a date but it so happens they booked one person instead of two on the wrong experience. The farm with which the booking was made called the Activity Superstore and the Activity Superstore told them they didn't have to honour the booking since it was for a different experience. Luckily the farm had better business ethics than the Activity Superstore and let my husband and I participate in the activity for that day. But what a mess. Suffice to say, I will never book with them again."
Dear Nush,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear of the experience you received, this is not the level of service we expect our customers to receive and can only apologise that you have.

If you could kindly let me know your voucher number, I can look into this further for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"made impossible for me to use what a con"
Dear Tania

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to use your voucher. We do everything we can to ensure you can take part in your day and have options to exchange or extend the vouchers to ensure you are able to do something instead of wasting the voucher. If you could kindly contact us, we will gladly speak you through any options available to you.

Kind regards.
Activity Superstore Ltd
"NEVER USE ACTIVITY SUPERSTORE OR FIND ME A GIFT if there is any chance that you might need to change your dates after booking. we booked for a west end show (very limited choice) three months in advance and due to very sad circumstances would not be able to go on that date.(Family bereavement) Although theatre were very happy to change dates, the company would not budge. A total lack of customer care and even though my contact went to "check with her supervisor" the result was ... no chance... even although they were very sorry... WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH.. there are plenty of other providers out there that do have a professional outlook... go out of your way and find them instead of this shower of rubbish !!!!"
“Dear Peter
Thank you for your review.
Normally once the activity has been booked we cannot cancel or change which we advise upon booking to ensure issues do not arise. However if a close family member has passed away, for which I would like to offer my condolences, we may be able to rebook you without charge.
If you could kindly contact me directly, Charlotte Howland, I can gladly review the situation for you.
Activity Superstore Ltd”
"We live near Chester. A voucher was given to us for one night glamping experience. Guess where .... Devon. Only a 5 hour journey in each direction. Any local sites .... No. 2 in Devon. No where else. Can we swop. No. How many experiences in the Chester area ? Around 10 % of the total activities listed are north. It's proberbly ok if you live in Essex or Oxford. Phoned them to swop. After being told we could ,they then said it wasn't their policy to swop. Even though I was told it could be swopped. My advice is simple. Give money in an envelope. Do not buy vouchers. The only person who Benefits is activity superstore. They will clearly make a commission on sale. Then on redemption. It's cheaper to go direct and pay the experience owner. Again. Don't waste your money."
“Dear Mike,

Thank you for your review.

We do try and offer as many locations for our experiences as possible, although I regret that sometimes this is not possible. Furthermore we are able to exchange the voucher to another activity offered on www.activitysuperstore.com excluding activities currently on offer, choice packs or tangible items. If you selected an activity within these restrictions we would be happy to exchange the activity for you as long as the voucher was not booked or invalid.

I hope this helps.

Activity Superstore Ltd”
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ALL CLAIMS THAT THE VOUCHERS ARE EASY TO USE OR THAT THE VALIDATION PROCESS IS CLEAR ARE WRONG. APPALLING OPERATION"
Dear Sasha

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you believe the process of registration and booking to be complicated. We do look at this process often to see where we can make this clearer and easier for our customers. I would welcome your feedback on this and where you found any difficulties to look to improve our service, if you could contact us directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Activity Superstore Ltd is rated 3.32 based on 293 reviews