Activity Superstore Ltd Reviews

2% of reviewers recommend Activity Superstore Ltd
"BE AWARE do not waste your time using this company. Liverpool FC Tour bought as a present for my son over 12 months ago & after trying to book this tour at least 6 times we were given excuse after excuse & as yet have not been given a refund. Please do not waste your time & hard earned cash on this unprofessional outfit!"
"If I could give a negative score I would. Save your money and give people the cash for presents, you are literally pouring money down the drain using this company. I used their phone line to exchange a voucher. The male in the phone was beyond slow and utterly useless. Now I see my phone charges I know why! No where do I see these phone charges advertised on the website. Beyond unprofessional straight up daylight robbery. What a joke of a company"
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. Usually exchanging a voucher is very easy and straight forward and can even be done online. Therefore I can only apologise that this took quite some time and resulted in a larger than expected phone bill. If you would like to send me your voucher number and itemised phone bill, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Charlotte Howland
"I would give them a negative rating but that's not an option. No support line on Sat and Sun, shocking booking system, properties far from the advertised standard, etc. After a night in what was allegedly a double bed and a shower for a 3 year old size rather than an average size adult, we found out our afternoon tea was used. Not by us though. We ended up having to pay for it again or not going. Experience out of hell.definitely not a relaxing weekend."
Hello Maria

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay and the issues you have had with your Afternoon Tea. I regret that our offices are closed over the weekend, however we have not been contacted since to raise the complaint. If you would kindly contact us we will be happy to take note of your complaint and raise this with the venue in question.

Charlotte Howland
"Possibly the most frustrating experience of my life was dealing with this appalling company. Customer service? Ring the number and it directs you to their website...no call held in a queue, no leaving a message, no ring back, no customer service. Only give their vouchers as a gift if you really can't stand the person."
Hello

I am sorry that you have had problems contacting us. We have a phone number that provides near enough all the information you could need. However if you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone, please call us on 0371 384 1025, where an advisor will be more than happy to help.

Charlotte Howland
"This is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Slipshod and uncaring. Someone gave us a race day experience - it turned out that the races weren't running during the period of the vouchers validity. That began a 2 year Saga of pain that whilst still ongoing is near the end - it was easier getting through rogue militia positions in the Balkans war than battling this bunch! Throughout our ordeal it felt like the company relies on selling activities that are then not taken to make as much profit as they can - so they make it as difficult as they can in the hope you'll give up."
Thank you for letting me know your experience. I am sorry for the trouble that you have had, however the races normally offer very good avalaibity, therefore I am unsure why you have had any trouble booking. If you would like to contact me directly on 0371 384 1025 with your voucher number, I will be happy to look into this for you.

Thank you.

Charlotte
Activity Superstore Ltd
"We stayed on a spa break voucher at Hallmark hotel in Bouremouth. Extremely dirty, poor facilities, very tired hotel room & overall very poor value for money. Certainly misled & missold by your company. Would not reccommend activity superstore to anyone."
Hello Katy

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am sorry that you felt the Hallmark Hotel fell short of expectations. If you could kindly contact me with your complaint and voucher details, I will be happy to investigate further.

I look forward to hearing from you in hopes of resolving this issue.

Charlotte Howland
"Had a couple of vouchers from Activity Superstore companies. Due to bad health it was getting close to the deadline for their use, so I emailed them asking what our options were. I got an automated reply saying I should expect a reply within 5 working days. I thought that was quite a long time for a response but 25 days later I got a response from them - an automated reply telling me to expect a response within 5 working days! I'm still waiting for a response. I have now used one voucher and exchanged the other - they would otherwise probably have expired before I heard back from them. Quite apart from the fact that many of their vouchers are worth less than their face value (take a look at booking direct with the end provider), how can we respect any company with such poor customer support?"
Hello Richard

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a reply to your email. We have had quite a few technical issues with our email system recently, whereby some emails were not being delivered, but then would come through a few months later. We do not find this acceptable and I can assure you that this is being looked into by our IT support to ensure this does not happen again.

I am glad that you were able to book and exchange your vouchers, however if you need anything else please call us on 0371 384 1025.

Charlotte Howland
"This unique places to stay voucher is the worst thing I have ever purchased. The restrictions on booking are absolutely ridiculous and should be made clear on purchasing. In addition to the booking restrictions there are only a handful of options in the north, one of which you’re only entitled to a shared bathroom. What the hell. I paid 119 quid for this and you have to pay extra for an en suite. Part of the dress code at this company must be balaclavas as they are robbing people blind."
Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am sorry that you feel that the restrictions are hidden, however we do advertise that each venue has their own restricitons and may restrict days of the week or months of the year and we go into further details online for each venue. If you would like to discuss this with me, please do not hesitate to contact me with your voucher number and I will gladly help where I can.

Charlotte Howland
"Because ZERO was it an option! This company are clearly profiting from both customer and end service provider. Taking £45 + postage and then allocating an insulting amount to the provider for their service is never going to allow provision of a ‘Gasto experience’. There was no intention of the only establishment anywhere near to our location of providing something exchangeable to the value of £45 - why would they at their own expense! I can’t understand why the venue would wish to be associated and tarnish their own reputation by refusing to provide a £45 service. They were busy on a Tuesday evening so can’t be that desperate! Whilst I may visit the pub and use their normal menu I wouldn’t touch Activity Superstore with a Barge pole and will ensuing that anyone that I know does exactly the same!"
Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. If you could kindly contact me with your details, voucher number and name of the venue, I will be happy to look into this further for you. We contract each location at their own choice and provide an experience whether it be money off the bill or a set two or three course menu, every location will be different. Therefore when you contact me I can check if what you received was correct.

Charlotte Howland
"Everything went wrong. These people are bordering on the fraudulent and we will probably be taking legal action after talking to Trading Standards. We were given a 'Steam ride with Cream Tea' and are unable to find any supplier (8 are listed) who have ever agreed to do this offer. Peak Rail were never asked and are taking legal action. When my partner rang Activity Superstore this morning, they put the phone down on her when she explained the situation. Do NOT use or give as a present."
I am terribly sorry to hear that everything went wrong.

All locations listed were contracted with us when our packs went to print, however over time some do discontinue which is why we ask you to check our web link before registering, to ensure a location is suitable for you. This is also mentioned within our terms. If you would like to contact us, we will be happy to help. I can assure you that none of our agents would terminate a call on purpose, unless foul language is being used despite being asked to refrain from such language. However we have recently moved offices and did suffer a few technical issues on a few days.

Charlotte Howland
"All a con paid 100 pounds hotel 72 pounds to book for 1 night the hotel only get 50 pounds dont know who gets rest NEVER BUY ."
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

If you would like to contact me directly we can talk through your concerns, however we do have one blanket price that covers the cost of the voucher throughout its validity and as I'm sure you can appreciate direct pricing with the hotels will be more expensive during some months of the year, therefore we have to cover this fluctuation in price.

Charlotte Howland
"We wrote to your "company" several weeks ago, having been given your address by Argos. we bought 2 Helicopter Buzz experience vouchers for our sons December 2016, to date they cannot get a single date to take their flights and all efforts to contact your company have failed, you cannot obviously supply what you sell, and your company service department obviously is non existent!, Argos informed us we could "extend" our vouchers for £20 each - no way! we wrote demanding a full refund, but guess what - no response whatsoever!...not impressed at all and have advised family etc., not to waste their money!"
Hello Mr Elrick

I am sorry to learn that you have had difficulties in booking your Helicopter Buzz, usually the availability is very good, however as the end of the season draws closer, the dates do become limited due to poor weather. If you could kindly call us on 0371 384 1025 we will be happy to see what we can do for you.

Charlotte Howland
"In theory this sounds a good scheme the problem is that the management/organisers have no idea what so ever how to run a business or customer service. They are trying to treat REAL people, many elderly like younger brain dead computer zombies. I got round the problem after getting no joy on their on line help page for a couple of hours by contacting the venue direct by phone and the booking was done and voucher accepted with no problems. I did this twice and both accepted the vouchers with no hassle."
Hello Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry that you found difficulty in our booking process. We have updated our systems to make this process as easy as possible and should any difficulties arise we do have our customer support team on hand to help every step of the way. I am pleased that you were able to book your activities and hope these are both enjoyable for you.

Activity Superstore
"Received a voucher to use with them from my parents and this is the worst company I have ever dealt with and its borderline as being a scam in my eyes. I called up to redeem my voucher 3 months after the purchase date after going through the booklet you get with the voucher and the majority of events no longer exist with the company. I was informed at the date of printing the booklets all the events were available and some may have been removed since then but that's not their responsibility since it was correct at the date of printing..the voucher was for £50 and all the events left to Choose from were valued at around £10-£20 (from looking at their direct websites). Complained about this and at the end of it they accepted no fault on their behalf and instead said it's my fault because my parents should have checked at the date of purchase. Ended up doing a small wine tasting event which we only got advised of the date after redeeming the voucher and there was only one date available in the next year (so we had to cancel other plans otherwise we would lose the voucher) , and despite losing £30 in value upon redeeming the voucher, had to pay another £10 to the hosting firm directly because that event was not covered by my voucher (I don't know what event was covered since that was the only one from April - December). All in all, do not buy vouchers with this firm, a lot cheaper and less stress giving cash or using the events as ideas and booking them directly yourself. Whoever is at the top of the Activity Superstore must be making a lot of money from innocent people that's all I can say...don't touch them with a barge pole!"
I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. It is with regret that on occasion, experiences or locations offered on the pack do discontinue. These can be for reasons beyond our control or it can be because we have had bad reviews and decided to the remove these to ensure our customers have the best experience.
If you would be so kind as to contact me with your voucher number, I will happily check the direct pricing with you and see what we can do for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I was given a voucher for Her Ultimate Expereince (bought from Debenhams) as a birthday gift from my colleagues. It did not mention Activity Superstore to find details of activities but a website (mygift.com) and in order to access it you have to input the voucher code - When looking it booked me onto an experience even though I was only looking. Having tried in vain to contact the company I did manage to do that in the end - here's the next con. They won't refund but say I can change it to the value of the voucher (as it was a gift I didn't know how much it was) - I discovered the scuba diving I didn't want was £29 whilst the voucher cost £49!!!! Despite saying they offer refunds they say it needs taking up with Debenhams. Debenhams say take it up with the company!!! Looking around I found that the experiences offered were cheaper direct e.g. £99 for English heritage with voucher, £96 with English heritage; London Bridge experience for 2 £49 I can get it direct for £19.95 pp OR if (as I would I went by train) I can get a 2for 1 making it £19.95 for 2!!! This company is a con and I am upset that my friends paid £49 in good faith for something I cannot use. My recommendation: If you want to give someone a gift to choose - give them the cash."
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry to hear that you selected an activity that was not of interest to you. We do give you around 3 options to select “previously” and not commit to an activity selection before the voucher is validated as once this has been done we would be unable to offer a refund as per our terms and conditions. As offered previously we would be happy to exchange your voucher within our restrictions. We do try to match our prices to those direct with each activity, however we are unable to compete with any offers or promotions being held directly.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I was given a voucher as a gift from my sister for my 60th birthday. The package looks reasonable but have to go to the web site to get 'an up to date list of locations and restrictions'. Unfortunately, the web site showed an empty list and the chat service was closed (out of hours). I tried again in the stated hours and the chat was still closed. I then rang their Customer Service number which gave a pre-recorded message telling me to go to their web site. There is an e-mail address that I didn't try because it offered a 5-day response. My conclusion is that for a service company, this is appalling service. I have no confidence that anything worthwhile will come from this. Since my sister bought this from Debenhams and thoughtfully obtained a gift receipt, I will be going there for a refund rather than waste any more of my time on this."
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn that the options were not displayed online. There must be an IT issue with the activation number, however I can assure you we are able to rectify this for you fairly quickly. If you are still in possession of the voucher, please kindly call us on 0371 384 1025 with your activation number and we will happily remedy this for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I contacted this company regarding an awful experience regarding an afternoon tea on the 4th May I have followed up on this several times and am being ignored ,,,,,last communication was from Jonathon on the 19th May ,,say no more ,please please people do not waste your money on these so called experiences ,,,shall make it my mission to spread the message ."
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am very sorry to learn that you received no further response from Jonathan. If you could kindly forward on your last email, I will be happy to personally look into this for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Awful customer service. I bought my parents a voucher for Christmas for the cream tea for two and steam train ride which was valid for a year. When we went to book the experience it was fully booked for the whole year. When I contacted the customer services I had asked for a refund as we were not happy that a £50 voucher that could'nt be used was going to waste. Reluctant to offer a refund customer services advised that we could swap the voucher for another experience . Therefore we went back onto the website to look for another experience we found that they were still advertising the cream tea for two and steam train ride on the website which is miss- selling as they are fully aware that it is booked up for the whole year and whoever buys that voucher will not be able to use it. My parents decided to swap the voucher for an afternoon tea close to home however this was also not available. I explained how disappointed we were and that this is not acceptable. They then came back to say they managed to secure a slot on the original experience we accepted this and asked to be emailed asap with the procedure. A month on and no reply so I email 3 times within the month for an update still no response. When I phoned the customer services they advised that the date which was available is no longer which was no fault of ours as we accepted straight away. As a result of this I asked to speak to the manager which I was refused and was told to send in a letter with my voucher to receive a refund. This company will take your money and will not honour anything they offer to you even after a formal complaint has been made."
Hello Yasemin

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have faced, this is never what we want our customers to receive. In regards to the location in question they have proved extremely popular this year with this activity, therefore we are offering customers a free extension, to select another location or an exchange. If you would like to discuss this with me personally, I will be happy to see what I can do for you. Please feel free to call and ask for myself.

Thank you.

Hello

I am very sorry that you have not yet been able to take your son to Liverpool FC. I understand this is very frustrating but unfortunately this is outside of our control. The reason for the delay is due to extensive pitch works that Liverpool FC have been carrying out. We have confirmation that bookings will be able to be made as of the 1st September 2017, however if you would prefer not to wait any longer please contact me directly and I can speak with you in regards to the options we have.

I hope this helps and that we are able to give your son a great experience!

Charlotte Howland
"My aged mother sweetly bought 4 vouchers (in Halfords?)for her grandchildren to do a rib tour around Canary Wharf. These people are impossible to contact (unless you press the 'I want to buy tickets" option on the phone. If you press the 'I've already got my tickets' option it gives you a web/email address and cuts you off. My mum can't use the internet. The ribtours people were lovely and said they'd book it for us. Then they emailed me back and said they couldn't as the vouchers had to be 'validated'. I managed to contact activity superstor and Chelsea (on the sales team.. who was sweet but beleaguered) said she'd do it for me. She did.. each one had to be done individually. Red Letter Days... another experience aggregator went bust for precisely this reason. Appalling. Go Direct."
Good afternoon

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced when trying to redeem this thoughtful gift. This is not what we want our customers to experience when preparing to make use of a generous gift! We have moved over to online bookings as the majority of customers find this easier to use, however we still have our contact centre open for those who prefer to speak to someone to organise their events. I understand that Chelsea helped you with your validations and bookings and I am pleased she was able to.

I hope your children are able to enjoy their RIB tour.

Many thanks