Activity Superstore Ltd Reviews

2% of reviewers recommend Activity Superstore Ltd
"BE AWARE do not waste your time using this company. Liverpool FC Tour bought as a present for my son over 12 months ago & after trying to book this tour at least 6 times we were given excuse after excuse & as yet have not been given a refund. Please do not waste your time & hard earned cash on this unprofessional outfit!"
"If I could give a negative score I would. Save your money and give people the cash for presents, you are literally pouring money down the drain using this company. I used their phone line to exchange a voucher. The male in the phone was beyond slow and utterly useless. Now I see my phone charges I know why! No where do I see these phone charges advertised on the website. Beyond unprofessional straight up daylight robbery. What a joke of a company"
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. Usually exchanging a voucher is very easy and straight forward and can even be done online. Therefore I can only apologise that this took quite some time and resulted in a larger than expected phone bill. If you would like to send me your voucher number and itemised phone bill, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Charlotte Howland
"I would give them a negative rating but that's not an option. No support line on Sat and Sun, shocking booking system, properties far from the advertised standard, etc. After a night in what was allegedly a double bed and a shower for a 3 year old size rather than an average size adult, we found out our afternoon tea was used. Not by us though. We ended up having to pay for it again or not going. Experience out of hell.definitely not a relaxing weekend."
Hello Maria

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay and the issues you have had with your Afternoon Tea. I regret that our offices are closed over the weekend, however we have not been contacted since to raise the complaint. If you would kindly contact us we will be happy to take note of your complaint and raise this with the venue in question.

Charlotte Howland
"We stayed on a spa break voucher at Hallmark hotel in Bouremouth. Extremely dirty, poor facilities, very tired hotel room & overall very poor value for money. Certainly misled & missold by your company. Would not reccommend activity superstore to anyone."
Hello Katy

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am sorry that you felt the Hallmark Hotel fell short of expectations. If you could kindly contact me with your complaint and voucher details, I will be happy to investigate further.

I look forward to hearing from you in hopes of resolving this issue.

Charlotte Howland
"Possibly the most frustrating experience of my life was dealing with this appalling company. Customer service? Ring the number and it directs you to their website...no call held in a queue, no leaving a message, no ring back, no customer service. Only give their vouchers as a gift if you really can't stand the person."
Hello

I am sorry that you have had problems contacting us. We have a phone number that provides near enough all the information you could need. However if you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone, please call us on 0371 384 1025, where an advisor will be more than happy to help.

Charlotte Howland
"Had a couple of vouchers from Activity Superstore companies. Due to bad health it was getting close to the deadline for their use, so I emailed them asking what our options were. I got an automated reply saying I should expect a reply within 5 working days. I thought that was quite a long time for a response but 25 days later I got a response from them - an automated reply telling me to expect a response within 5 working days! I'm still waiting for a response. I have now used one voucher and exchanged the other - they would otherwise probably have expired before I heard back from them. Quite apart from the fact that many of their vouchers are worth less than their face value (take a look at booking direct with the end provider), how can we respect any company with such poor customer support?"
Hello Richard

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a reply to your email. We have had quite a few technical issues with our email system recently, whereby some emails were not being delivered, but then would come through a few months later. We do not find this acceptable and I can assure you that this is being looked into by our IT support to ensure this does not happen again.

I am glad that you were able to book and exchange your vouchers, however if you need anything else please call us on 0371 384 1025.

Charlotte Howland
"This unique places to stay voucher is the worst thing I have ever purchased. The restrictions on booking are absolutely ridiculous and should be made clear on purchasing. In addition to the booking restrictions there are only a handful of options in the north, one of which you’re only entitled to a shared bathroom. What the hell. I paid 119 quid for this and you have to pay extra for an en suite. Part of the dress code at this company must be balaclavas as they are robbing people blind."
Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am sorry that you feel that the restrictions are hidden, however we do advertise that each venue has their own restricitons and may restrict days of the week or months of the year and we go into further details online for each venue. If you would like to discuss this with me, please do not hesitate to contact me with your voucher number and I will gladly help where I can.

Charlotte Howland
"We wrote to your "company" several weeks ago, having been given your address by Argos. we bought 2 Helicopter Buzz experience vouchers for our sons December 2016, to date they cannot get a single date to take their flights and all efforts to contact your company have failed, you cannot obviously supply what you sell, and your company service department obviously is non existent!, Argos informed us we could "extend" our vouchers for £20 each - no way! we wrote demanding a full refund, but guess what - no response whatsoever!...not impressed at all and have advised family etc., not to waste their money!"
Hello Mr Elrick

I am sorry to learn that you have had difficulties in booking your Helicopter Buzz, usually the availability is very good, however as the end of the season draws closer, the dates do become limited due to poor weather. If you could kindly call us on 0371 384 1025 we will be happy to see what we can do for you.

Chris Pryke (Essex)
Verified Reviewer
"In theory this sounds a good scheme the problem is that the management/organisers have no idea what so ever how to run a business or customer service. They are trying to treat REAL people, many elderly like younger brain dead computer zombies. I got round the problem after getting no joy on their on line help page for a couple of hours by contacting the venue direct by phone and the booking was done and voucher accepted with no problems. I did this twice and both accepted the vouchers with no hassle."
Hello Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry that you found difficulty in our booking process. We have updated our systems to make this process as easy as possible and should any difficulties arise we do have our customer support team on hand to help every step of the way. I am pleased that you were able to book your activities and hope these are both enjoyable for you.

Activity Superstore
"This is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Slipshod and uncaring. Someone gave us a race day experience - it turned out that the races weren't running during the period of the vouchers validity. That began a 2 year Saga of pain that whilst still ongoing is near the end - it was easier getting through rogue militia positions in the Balkans war than battling this bunch! Throughout our ordeal it felt like the company relies on selling activities that are then not taken to make as much profit as they can - so they make it as difficult as they can in the hope you'll give up."
Thank you for letting me know your experience. I am sorry for the trouble that you have had, however the races normally offer very good avalaibity, therefore I am unsure why you have had any trouble booking. If you would like to contact me directly on 0371 384 1025 with your voucher number, I will be happy to look into this for you.

Thank you.

Charlotte
Activity Superstore Ltd
"Received a voucher to use with them from my parents and this is the worst company I have ever dealt with and its borderline as being a scam in my eyes. I called up to redeem my voucher 3 months after the purchase date after going through the booklet you get with the voucher and the majority of events no longer exist with the company. I was informed at the date of printing the booklets all the events were available and some may have been removed since then but that's not their responsibility since it was correct at the date of printing..the voucher was for £50 and all the events left to Choose from were valued at around £10-£20 (from looking at their direct websites). Complained about this and at the end of it they accepted no fault on their behalf and instead said it's my fault because my parents should have checked at the date of purchase. Ended up doing a small wine tasting event which we only got advised of the date after redeeming the voucher and there was only one date available in the next year (so we had to cancel other plans otherwise we would lose the voucher) , and despite losing £30 in value upon redeeming the voucher, had to pay another £10 to the hosting firm directly because that event was not covered by my voucher (I don't know what event was covered since that was the only one from April - December). All in all, do not buy vouchers with this firm, a lot cheaper and less stress giving cash or using the events as ideas and booking them directly yourself. Whoever is at the top of the Activity Superstore must be making a lot of money from innocent people that's all I can say...don't touch them with a barge pole!"
I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. It is with regret that on occasion, experiences or locations offered on the pack do discontinue. These can be for reasons beyond our control or it can be because we have had bad reviews and decided to the remove these to ensure our customers have the best experience.
If you would be so kind as to contact me with your voucher number, I will happily check the direct pricing with you and see what we can do for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I was given a voucher as a gift from my sister for my 60th birthday. The package looks reasonable but have to go to the web site to get 'an up to date list of locations and restrictions'. Unfortunately, the web site showed an empty list and the chat service was closed (out of hours). I tried again in the stated hours and the chat was still closed. I then rang their Customer Service number which gave a pre-recorded message telling me to go to their web site. There is an e-mail address that I didn't try because it offered a 5-day response. My conclusion is that for a service company, this is appalling service. I have no confidence that anything worthwhile will come from this. Since my sister bought this from Debenhams and thoughtfully obtained a gift receipt, I will be going there for a refund rather than waste any more of my time on this."
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn that the options were not displayed online. There must be an IT issue with the activation number, however I can assure you we are able to rectify this for you fairly quickly. If you are still in possession of the voucher, please kindly call us on 0371 384 1025 with your activation number and we will happily remedy this for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I contacted this company regarding an awful experience regarding an afternoon tea on the 4th May I have followed up on this several times and am being ignored ,,,,,last communication was from Jonathon on the 19th May ,,say no more ,please please people do not waste your money on these so called experiences ,,,shall make it my mission to spread the message ."
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am very sorry to learn that you received no further response from Jonathan. If you could kindly forward on your last email, I will be happy to personally look into this for you.

Yasemin Nafi
Verified Reviewer
"Awful customer service. I bought my parents a voucher for Christmas for the cream tea for two and steam train ride which was valid for a year. When we went to book the experience it was fully booked for the whole year. When I contacted the customer services I had asked for a refund as we were not happy that a £50 voucher that could'nt be used was going to waste. Reluctant to offer a refund customer services advised that we could swap the voucher for another experience . Therefore we went back onto the website to look for another experience we found that they were still advertising the cream tea for two and steam train ride on the website which is miss- selling as they are fully aware that it is booked up for the whole year and whoever buys that voucher will not be able to use it. My parents decided to swap the voucher for an afternoon tea close to home however this was also not available. I explained how disappointed we were and that this is not acceptable. They then came back to say they managed to secure a slot on the original experience we accepted this and asked to be emailed asap with the procedure. A month on and no reply so I email 3 times within the month for an update still no response. When I phoned the customer services they advised that the date which was available is no longer which was no fault of ours as we accepted straight away. As a result of this I asked to speak to the manager which I was refused and was told to send in a letter with my voucher to receive a refund. This company will take your money and will not honour anything they offer to you even after a formal complaint has been made."
Hello Yasemin

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have faced, this is never what we want our customers to receive. In regards to the location in question they have proved extremely popular this year with this activity, therefore we are offering customers a free extension, to select another location or an exchange. If you would like to discuss this with me personally, I will be happy to see what I can do for you. Please feel free to call and ask for myself.

Thank you.

Hello

I am very sorry that you have not yet been able to take your son to Liverpool FC. I understand this is very frustrating but unfortunately this is outside of our control. The reason for the delay is due to extensive pitch works that Liverpool FC have been carrying out. We have confirmation that bookings will be able to be made as of the 1st September 2017, however if you would prefer not to wait any longer please contact me directly and I can speak with you in regards to the options we have.

I hope this helps and that we are able to give your son a great experience!

Charlotte Howland
"My aged mother sweetly bought 4 vouchers (in Halfords?)for her grandchildren to do a rib tour around Canary Wharf. These people are impossible to contact (unless you press the 'I want to buy tickets" option on the phone. If you press the 'I've already got my tickets' option it gives you a web/email address and cuts you off. My mum can't use the internet. The ribtours people were lovely and said they'd book it for us. Then they emailed me back and said they couldn't as the vouchers had to be 'validated'. I managed to contact activity superstor and Chelsea (on the sales team.. who was sweet but beleaguered) said she'd do it for me. She did.. each one had to be done individually. Red Letter Days... another experience aggregator went bust for precisely this reason. Appalling. Go Direct."
Good afternoon

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced when trying to redeem this thoughtful gift. This is not what we want our customers to experience when preparing to make use of a generous gift! We have moved over to online bookings as the majority of customers find this easier to use, however we still have our contact centre open for those who prefer to speak to someone to organise their events. I understand that Chelsea helped you with your validations and bookings and I am pleased she was able to.

I hope your children are able to enjoy their RIB tour.

Many thanks

Charlotte Howland
"Stadium Tour voucher was not accepted in Barcelona therefore had to purchase another ticket on the day, now 2 months on I am still chasing Activity Super Store for a refund of the original voucher. They are slack in customer service and only when I chase do I receive a reply many days later. DO NOT USE"
Hello

I am very sorry once again for the issues that arose on the day of the activity. However, I can assure you that once we were made aware we were quick to rectify the situation and processed your refund back in April. The funds were returned to the purchasers card on the 11th April, therefore should have been in your account over a month ago. If this is not the case please kindly contact either us or your bank provider and we will be happy to look into this further for you.

Charlotte Howland
"A relative paid £50 for our 'London By Day Or Night' voucher for us as a gift. We chose 'Afternoon Tea for Two at a 4* Hotel', that hotel being the Doubletree Hilton West End in Bloomsbury. On the exterior the hotel offers afternoon tea for two with bubbly at £35, and it refused to accept that our voucher included bubbly, so we were denied the two glasses of prosecco. The afternoon tea itself was pathetic, tiny sandwiches and cakes, one small cream and one small jam between the two of us, no choice of teas and generally treated as though we were the biggest pain of the day by staff. This 'London By Day Or Night' is a total rip-off, even the offers mentioned in the booklet are not those that are featured on line, and it's the on line list that we had to choose from. Staff at Activity Superstore were rude and disinterested, after all, they had their money, why should they help?"
Dear Trevor

I am very sorry to hear that your Afternoon Tea was not the afternoon treat you were expecting. We take any complaints we receive very seriously and will investigate fully to ensure a repeat performance is not made as our customer's satisfaction is our first concern. If you would kindly send me full details of your complaint and voucher number, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you in hopes of bettering our experiences and services.

Charlotte Howland
"Brought a voucher for a steam train ride and cream tea for two for my elderly grandparents as a Christmas present. I have recently gone to activate the voucher and found the the two locations that were stated on the box are not available which is a cause for concern as they can only use the bus service. I sent them an email asking for a refund to which they replied "Having looked into this, unfortunately the Railways in Derbyshire have been discontinued and therefore removed from the list of locations for the Steam Train with Cream Tea experience. We do advise in our terms and conditions that all locations are subject to availability and change, meaning they have the right to discontinue. All of the locations advertised on the gift box and in the booklet were accurate at the point of printing, however the most up to date list of locations can be found on www.activitysuperstore.com/usemyvoucher If none of the other Railways are suitable for you, you can exchange your voucher to a different experience from www.activitysuperstore.com or www.giftideasfortwo.com - this excludes anything currently on special offer, choice packs and tangible gifts such as hampers, flowers, chocolates and wines. Please note, if you wish to exchange to something of a higher value you will be required to pay the difference. The exchangeable value of your voucher can be found in the small print on the voucher. Alternatively, if your voucher has not been validated you are welcome to take it back to the store it was purchased from to enquire about a refund. Please be aware that a refund is down to the stores discretion. I do apologise for any disappointment this response may cause, please advise how you wish to proceed." So I proceed to look at the other vouchers on offer and find that the majority of them are on special offer so I cannot use my voucher for them and I'm certainly not spending more money to fund these bunch of con artists. AVOID this company and it's associated company gifts for two as they both piss in the same pot."
Hello William

I am sorry to hear that your preferred location is no longer available, however the information you have been given is correct. Unfortunately location do discontinue from time to time for reasons beyond our control. We do always try to offer a suitable alternative or exchange, however if these are not suitable please do get back in contact and I will work with you to find a solution.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you and kind regards.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Waited for over a week now and this company have never got back to me, never returned my emails, never tried to call me. Anyone who buys one of these horrific experiences needs their heads testing !!!!!!!!!!"
Activity Superstore Ltd is rated 1.09 based on 105 reviews