Swaledale Butchers Reviews

of reviewers recommend Swaledale Butchers
Read Swaledale Butchers Reviews
Service and delivery you can’t fault. I did have a shoulder of mutton which was only £2 less than a lamb shoulder so £33. I cooked it really well, low and slow for about 5 hours. Sadly it was tough as old boots so I won’t be buying that again!
Arrived on time, however the ice packs had all melted and the meat was only slightly chilled. I have frozen most of the meat
The beef ribs, were very fatty, nothing like the pictures, very disappointed. waiting to try the rump this weekend.
The lamb mince, bacon and centre fillet were excellent. I was, however, disappointed with the amount of fat and sinew on the beef cheeks. When I have purchased these previously from other butchers the sinew had been removed.
Received the goods well packaged and delivery was swift.
The lamb that we had was delicious ,wonderful flavour . The ribeye steak was very good aswell. But unfortunately the pork chops we had were incredibly poor quality for the money that we paid. Very disappointed . I think we’ll be going back to farmison for our pork .
Last brisket was not as good. Very tough black part...was this fat or muscle?
Delivery and packing was excellent. We were disappointed with the lamb rack as there was so much fat and bone and not much meat. Equally the sirloin steak on the bone was disappointing by the time the fat and bone had been cut off after cooking the meat was tasty but small. The Barnsley chops were a highlight - best lamb chops we've had for years and we live in Wales !
I placed a large order prior to bank holiday weekend. It arrived with all items over 10c - some were at 13c. Only one ice pack in a large box. The entire order except bacon and steak (which I felt confident eating even if it had not maintained a safe temperature) had to be thrown out. A colossal and sad waste of food. I emailed Swaledale. Their director replied quickly and offered to send me a repeat order. This then arrived and again all items were not at a safe temperature. Sausages at 12c. Again, there was only one ice pack. I was appalled at Swaledale’s approach to food safety and the lack of respect they have for the animals they butcher and the producers whose hard work producing quality meat has been treated with such indifference. I now have a bin full of almost £150 worth of meat going to landfill. Swaledale have again responded quickly and refunded me in full. They have also wholeheartedly apologised and accepted full responsibility for this having happened twice. The meat from Swaledale is high quality and I have used them before without incident. I am left feeling very sad that I can no longer enjoy their products or order from them again but I am unwilling to give them a third chance. I have given three stars for what I consider a fair balance between the repeated incompetence in sending out such an order twice and the personal and professional responses from the company in dealing with my complaint.
The tongues were a bit knocked about and not cured long enough.
Delivered on time, the lamb leg was not tasted lamb and it was tough. The sweet breads were very good and the diced mutton was excellent.
Generally enjoyable, good service and well packed quality meat. Compared to other suppliers of similar quality I thought the meat was expensive.
The lamb joint was delicious and it carved easily and full of flavour. The sirloin steaks were terrible. VERY fatty and tough even when cooked med/ rare - very disappointing. Had I. Even in a restaurant they would have been sent back. Definitely not hung long enough.
Ok service; responded to my email enquiry quickly, but didn’t answer all my questions.
I was rather surprised that the sandwich steaks where all in 1 pk so need to wait until we have more thanelse yet. 2 to eat them. Also dissapointed with the shank after boiling for 2hrs it was still tough. Have not used any thing
We had a breddos collaboration box. The quality of the meat was very good but we were disappointed by the lack of instructions and also the enormous amount of packaging used for a small product (the box was about 4x bigger than it needed to be!).
Food arrived on time and the meat was good quality, great tasting sauces and marinades. Dry aired cracking hadn't worked sadly and sweetcorn was also pretty tasteless, plus the sour cream garlic sauce looked split but tasted fine.
Ordered 2 x breddos tacos, only one arrived. Spoke to breddos and was called by swaledale to arrange delivery of the 2nd breddos box a week later. Would have been nice to receive some freebies or a money off voucher for the trouble and inconvenience
Overall disappointed with products I purchased especially after reading the advertising of grass fed dry aged beef, maybe I was expecting too much of a difference in taste compared to meats sold in the high street.
Swaledale Butchers is rated 4.84 based on 802 reviews