Swaledale Online Butchers Reviews

of reviewers recommend Swaledale Online Butchers
The order arrived very efficiently and all the meat was well packed.

The good:
The pork ribeyes were super tasty.
The venison was really good quality and we made an amazing stew
We slow cooked the beef short ribs for a tasty valentines day treat. It was very enjoyable

The middling:
The lamb breast was very tasty but a bit too fatty so there wasn't a ton of meat on it.

The not so good:
The bacon was way too salty.
The sausages were too gristly
The pork shoulder chop had rather too much fat on it.
Great to eat chicken that is firm and meaty and the steak was a real treat.
Delivery was efficient and arrived exactly as promised. The meat looks excellent and the short ribs I have cooked and they were really good.
Love the quality but had some concerns about the use by date. I put the meat in tge fridgecas sion as it arrived but when I went to use it - 2 days & 3 days later (all within the use by date) the rack of lamb & the venison were both 'on the turn' as my Mum would gave described them. I did rescur both & we ate & enjoyed them very much but I was a bit worried. Thanks .
Fantastic produce and fantastic service! 11/10 would recommend
The reason it is not a 1 is because the meat is tasty and flavoursome however the rest of the customer service felt naff. The parcel took 2 days to arrive instead of the 24 hours advertised - the box was twice as big as it needed to be and had a single solitary ice pack in it (any previous deliveries of this nature from other suppliers was well packed so there was no space) - I was sent the wrong meat and all I got was a sorry (I would have expected at least a 10% off your next order sort of gesture) so am put off using Swaledale again.
Great choices of unusual cuts. Quality is fantastic. Packaging for delivery is really good. Definitely recommend Swaledale to others.
the rack of lamb was not french trimed and the amount of fat was left on the joint was far too much
trim the amount of fat down and french trim it.
when cooking this joint the amount of fat almost overwhelmed the dish that it was cooked in
Excellent quality, tasty meat, delivered on time.

On my second box already and will be ordering more when this is eaten.

Especially recommend the mutton for slow cooked casseroles.
Absolutely delicious - beautiful marbling in the osso bucco, heaps of flavour in the chicken and great sausages!
Very happy with my first order from Swaledale. Easy ordering, and good delivery, beautifully packed. No complaints!
The ribeye was out of this world. Thank you
Rob from March, Cambridgeshire
Swaledale Online Butchers 5 star review on 1st March 2021 Swaledale Online Butchers 5 star review on 1st March 2021
Amazing service! Will be back to order more delicious meat soon.
Delivery was prompt and the meat was well packed and remained cool. The items of pork tried so far have been enjoyed; we will sample beef next time.
Hi. I spoke to Brent when I called up to change my order delivery address. We had a great conversation about our family farm in the Lune Valley and he told me more about the range of meats on offer and about the farms the animals are reared on. I was happy that the meat was up to the quality that I would expect meat from my own farm would be and so I looked forward to trying the treats on offer. I have so far tried the bacon, sausage, pork shoulder and some pork rib eye steaks. All which were delightful although the pork sausage wasn’t to our taste. The course ground meat was a little dry and had a maybe slightly old meat taste but no doubt this is to some peoples taste and you’ll get good feedback on them. We are still to try the chicken breasts which I’m sure will be amazing. But we haven’t yet decided on a recipe worthy of them. I slow cooked the pork shoulder for 5 hours and had it with dauphinois potatoes and it couldn’t have better!
Ok service; responded to my email enquiry quickly, but didn’t answer all my questions.
Tacos and seasoned surprises = an awesome meal kit. + when I couldn’t get specific meat in my local area, Swaledale came through. Thank you
Excellent quality meats, robustly packaged.
I asked for the meat to be cut to a certain size, and this was done with no hassle!
Great service!
Excellent products. Chicken was tender and delicious and the pork chops have loads of crackling.......not always the case from other sources!!
Some of the best meat I’ve ever eaten. I will be ordering again and again!
Swaledale Online Butchers is rated 4.85 based on 264 reviews