Swaledale Butchers Reviews

of reviewers recommend Swaledale Butchers
Read Swaledale Butchers Reviews
I placed a large order prior to bank holiday weekend. It arrived with all items over 10c - some were at 13c. Only one ice pack in a large box. The entire order except bacon and steak (which I felt confident eating even if it had not maintained a safe temperature) had to be thrown out. A colossal and sad waste of food. I emailed Swaledale. Their director replied quickly and offered to send me a repeat order. This then arrived and again all items were not at a safe temperature. Sausages at 12c. Again, there was only one ice pack. I was appalled at Swaledale’s approach to food safety and the lack of respect they have for the animals they butcher and the producers whose hard work producing quality meat has been treated with such indifference. I now have a bin full of almost £150 worth of meat going to landfill. Swaledale have again responded quickly and refunded me in full. They have also wholeheartedly apologised and accepted full responsibility for this having happened twice. The meat from Swaledale is high quality and I have used them before without incident. I am left feeling very sad that I can no longer enjoy their products or order from them again but I am unwilling to give them a third chance. I have given three stars for what I consider a fair balance between the repeated incompetence in sending out such an order twice and the personal and professional responses from the company in dealing with my complaint.
Great company, excellent website and everything so delicious.
Order dispatched on time and meat ordered delivered
I’ve ordered 3 packages now from Swaledale including chicken, brisket, steaks, sausages, lamb and mutton. The diced mutton was a revelation, making a delicious curry with a lovely rich but not overpowering flavour from the meat. Quality of all of the meats has been fantastic and you can really taste the difference. Everything is vacuum packed so can easily fit into the freezer and arrives with multiple chill packs to keep it cool en route.
Fantastic package Pork really tasty Sausages good but prob not enough to re order I’ve had the capon before and that’s my fav ..love it
Good quality meat at a good price. Highly recommend the Onglet cut of beef and the chicken.
This is quite honestly the best meat I've bought for years. The lamb is incredible. So much so that I won't buy from anywhere else!
Swaledale Butchers 5 star review on 22nd June 2021
Excellent roast sirloin, melts in the mouth
East to order arrived on the day I chose and a lovely cut of meat,. Very tasty and tender, would recommend
Fantastic products. The belly pork rib was absolutely delicious. Environmentally friendly packaging too. Would definitely buy from them again.
Very good! Meat was well aged.
I've been trying to get away from the traditional supermarkets as the quality of meat regardless of which supermarket has been going downhill for years, however the pricing has gone the other away. I do not mind paying in general, but the quality must be there. I live in the South East (not London) and some of these farm shops in my area are total BS. They fancy themselves as mainland European styled meat markets (They fail at this miserably) and charge you an extra 15% for the privilege. There are a few goods ones, but still completely overpriced for what you receive in return. More positively, Swaledale Butchers have genuinely impressed me with the texture and taste of the various cuts I have ordered, from Picanha to Tomahawk, absolutely fantastic and full of flavour. I feel my meat eating primal instinct returning after years of bland rubbish and hit and miss alternatives to supermarkets. Will 100% be ordering again.
Swaledale Butchers is rated 4.84 based on 802 reviews