Swaledale Butchers Reviews

of reviewers recommend Swaledale Butchers
Read Swaledale Butchers Reviews
tough and taseless
So excited to find a butcher that does beef short rib.Slow cooked for five hours,was as stiff as Kitty's leg,went in bin
Not yet used. Items arrived in good condition.
Meat was not edible. 50%fat that didn't render down during 10hours of slow cooking.
I usually buy my meat from Costco, but I thought I’d give these guys a try even though their prices are a little on the high side. I ordered a rolled lamb shoulder joint and paid £30 for 2kg. The bag arrived without being vacuum sealed so all the edges of the meat had gone hard because it had dried out. The meat looked really dry. After roasting, I carved the meat to find 75% of the meat was all fat. IT RUINED MY SUNDAY LUNCH. Never again! I think I’ll go back to Costco.
You charged me £9 for packaging for one sausage, and it came in a cardboard box big enough for half a pig. Very odd. Not great.
Actually I am glad I received this prompt to review as I have been meaning to contact Swaledale/Breddos re the very disappointing home kit I received. Firstly the avocado was literally rock hard, which wouldn’t be an issue if I was going to use it in a few days time, but we were using the kit on the day we received it. So that was inedible and couldn’t be used to make guac. So no guac. Secondly the steak was also inedible. Horribly chewy (cooked medium rare, followed the instructions exactly), so much so that we couldn’t eat it. Finally, the chorizo sausage was unlike any chorizo I have ever had, it wasn’t bad, in fact it was pretty good, but it was more like black pudding/morcilla than chorizo. So in summary a very disappointing dinner, the two of us were still very hungry afterwards. Would never use either Breddos or Swaledale again and could not recommend.
Swaledale Butchers is rated 4.84 based on 825 reviews