The Original Bed Company Reviews

Read The Original Bed Company Reviews

sales@obc-uk.net

597, King's Road, London

Tell us how The Original Bed Company made you happy
The obc bed I received, the headboard was badly finished with many marks. But the worst is the design change. I’ve got 4 other obc beds, and no problems. The skates on these beds clicked in. Now the slates just sit on frame. They are of less quality and guess what. The bed creaks. This is not the frame but the slates that lay under mattress. I wish the bed to be returned and full refund. I would like one of the original designs and not this bad design. Photos attached. Please note. Not delivery damage. Manufacturing issue.
Very happy with the bed and the service! Bought the Ashley in Satin White for our spare bedroom. I am extremely fussy about the quality and could not fault it! Hopefully you can see from the photo, how easy it is to reduce the height if you don't want to store much underneath. No squeaks when I spent one night trying it out! Thank you for all the help we were given before purchase .
The Original Bedstead Co. use the worst courier that I have ever encountered but their own customer service is appalling. Totally wet, not responsive or proactive and having to be led by their customer. First of all, when the courier company send a text to tell you when your order is due to arrive, the text comes from an anonymous number and contains no information about where the order is from. Secondly, the company managed to split the two parts of my bed by not loading both packages onto the truck they were supposed to be on. When the driver tried to deliver only half a package, he seemed shocked and quite rude about the fact that I wouldn't sign for it or accept it. I called the Original Bedstead Co. and whoever I spoke to was useless, wet and offered no compensation nor seemed particularly eager to help me out. A day later, the packages were reunited and a new delivery date organised (and another day away from the office for me). Guess what, no delivery because of, according to the tracker, a "loading failure." What a joke. I've yet to contact the bedstead company other than by email since but I expect them to be as completely useless as they were before. Avoid these incompetent, useless people.
I bought Hamilton iron bed 10 years ago this September and I still love will never change it I hope it will become a family heirloom as did Victorian beds in the past....
The Original Bed Company 5 star review on 31st July 2017
I absolutely love my new bed. It’s really sturdy, very well well made and looks just right in my cottage bedroom. I was a bit worried that I might have trouble getting it up my narrow turning stairs but it was packed into surprisingly small pieces that were easily manoeuvred up and around in a tight space. It arrived in lockdown so I had to take it upstairs and assemble it by myself (it is a double bed, too) but I managed it!
The Original Bed Company 5 star review on 5th March 2021
Customer service isn’t great. No communication after purchase. I had to contact them myself and have been told that my bed is leaving their warehouse in a couple of days, four days later I had to call them myself again and have been told that my bed is only going to leave their warehouse in 3 days and at best is going to be with me in 8 days which is a delayed from a promised delivery date by a week. Why I have to find all that out myself. Why no one bothered to keep me up to date when I’m spending big amount of money.
Dear Luke,  Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We’re really sorry to hear your disappointment.  Please note that our order confirmation email contains all the necessary information including the lead time. Unfortunately, we have been experiencing some unprecedented difficulties and delays since the beginning of the pandemic restrictions. However, we have been trying our best to service all our customers in a timely manner.  Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, and also please kindly note that we are always here to assist all our customers in anyway possible.   Best Regards,  The Original Bed Company
Agree with all other reviews, first class service and beautiful, beautiful bed. Exceptional quality/Very pleased. ***** Five Star
The Original Bed Company 5 star review on 5th November 2020
I ordered my first bed and it arrived dented, then I ordered a sprayed bed which took 5 weeks. When this arrived it hasn’t been sprayed to a high standard. The paint had run and it had been painted over a black bed, the paint began to come off. Because they had not even primed the bed. The screws for the bed were bent, the planks for the bed some were chipped, they tried to blame this on me.
Dear Lesley, Many thanks for your review. Sorry to hear of your disappointment. Some models do take longer than others, with the lead time for each design being advertised on their particular product page. Our sprayer is very conscientious, and any drips are sanded and resprayed to ensure a smooth finish. I'm unsure how he missed this one but I will pass on your disappointment to him. In terms of the chips, I can see that these are positioned under where the collars of the Selkirk sit. Because these are made of metal and have fairly sharp hidden inner edges, when pushed tightly into place there can be some chipping under the collar. This is completely hidden, and I can assure you though that the paint has completely bonded, hence why it has only occurred in this particular position. We pre-fit each screw fully to ensure that they are straight and have no cross threading, so it would be great if you could send us a picture as per our telephone conversation, allowing us to get an understanding of which ones were bent. Finally, in regards to our heavy gauge sprung slats, we have used these for many years, and should customer's have any issues we are more than happy to send out replacements straight away. I've been onto your order and can see that your full refund has already been processed in accordance with our 30 day no quibbles return policy. Best wishes, The Original Bed Company
I can't fault the service, it was very quick and very efficient. The bed is exactly what I wanted and is really good quality. It doesn't rock at all and is totally solid. The mattress is also really comfortable.
Love the bed. Very sturdy. Simply thought out and easy to erect. Diagrams on leaflet could be a bit clearer as not clear as to which way up bars need to go and easy to put them wrong way up. Would love you to think about less packaging, no plastic nor polyestirene as we are all supposed to be saving the planet.
Slats provided were extremely dirty in plastic cover, once opened they deposited dark sooty dirt. They should not have passed the final check. The despatch of the slats was therefore unacceptable. The delivery of the bed by your two delivery men was excellent. Faultless. The bed itself is lovely. Huge shame that the contents weren't checked. Very disappointed.
I was looking for an iron bed and came across this company. Really delighted with the purchase and quality. Superbly made and brilliant value. The man who installed was also helpful and fitted it in no time.
LOVE our Olivia super king size bed & Juno cashmere mattress. Have set the mattress to the highest setting & it looks really luxurious. It is so comfortable. I'd recommend buying extra deep fitted sheets as the mattress is thicker than I've ever had in the past. Our only complaint would be that the delivery guys wouldn't come into the house (their firms policy because of covid, yet we've had other tradesmen come in). It was a horrendous struggle to get the super king sized mattress up the stairs and I subsequently injured my shoulder... I am still unable to sleep on my right side more than a month later... Sort of defeats the object of having a comfy bed. When you pay over £1200 for bedroom furniture - surely it would be reasonable for the furniture to be delivered to it's proposed destination i.e to the bedroom?
The bed and mattress I bought are perfect , in fact the mattress is the most comfortable I’ve ever had. My only issue was with the amount of non recyclable packaging the company used. Too much plastic and polystyrene and plastic tape.
Very happy with the Winchester bed frame. The website photos could be improved as they don't show the finial detailing, which I found when looking at pictures on another website.
The bed frame is very sturdy and good value for money. This is my second bed frame from OBC and overall I’m very pleased. The slats do fit differently with the more recent one. The only slight negative is that the centre rail didn’t seem flat and a bit warped in places. This hasn’t affected sturdiness of frame, but perhaps needs changing? They are good looking frames!
Dear Georgia, Thank you for taking the time to write the wonderful review. We’re sorry to hear the centre rail issue. We shall contact you directly and resolve the issue. Please rest assured that we provide a 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Kind Regards, The Original Bed Company
I absolutely love my new bed! It’s everything I hoped it would be! Worth every penny (many..).
The Original Bed Company 5 star review on 9th October 2020
I have now brought two bed from the Original Bedstead Company and I have been very impressed with the quality of the beds, speed of delivery and the cost of the beds. I would certainly recommend others to this company.
The Original Bed Company 5 star review on 9th September 2020
Having been badly let down by another company that failed to deliver my bed, I found myself bed less in the middle of lockdown! However, I re-started my search and then realised this was serendipity - I fell in love with the beds from The Original Bedstead Company. I phoned through, had a chat and placed an order. All went smoothly, my bedstead and mattress were duly delivered and I am delighted! Set it up too high at first, but easy to lower. Find it much easier to make the bed as higher than a divan, lovely to sleep in - added a topper to the mattress as I do enjoy the softness. The bed looks perfect in my newly decorated room and is completely stable - I love climbing in every night and enjoy a better sleep than I have in years! Nice company - superb beds!
The Original Bed Company 5 star review on 5th August 2020
Amazing beautiful bed!! So worth it for the comfort quality and luxury!! Would defo recommend 😁
The Original Bed Company 5 star review on 4th August 2020