The Original Bed Company Reviews

Read The Original Bed Company Reviews

sales@obc-uk.net

597, King's Road, London

Tell us how The Original Bed Company made you happy
Courier delivery time was set to a two hour window, which kept getting pushed back on the day. After wait in all day for it to arrive, eventually they cancelled delivery for no known reason and I had a to re-book for a different day. Annoying waste of a day. When the bed did eventually arrive, there were scratches on the top of the bed posts, and damage to one of the plastic caps on the feet, plus a missing screw that holds the central frame pole into position. Disappoint, but having already spent two days waiting for it to be delivered, I couldn't be bothered to send it back for a replacement.
Hi Marc, Many thanks for your review. Sorry to hear about your delivery experience and the scratches on one of the posts. Our delivery company are usually very good, so I will be sure to contact them to get an understanding of why the first delivery failed. In terms of the scratches, this is certainly not what we aim for, and we will contact you directly in order to resolve the issue. Best wishes, The Original Bed Company
Slats provided were extremely dirty in plastic cover, once opened they deposited dark sooty dirt. They should not have passed the final check. The despatch of the slats was therefore unacceptable. The delivery of the bed by your two delivery men was excellent. Faultless. The bed itself is lovely. Huge shame that the contents weren't checked. Very disappointed.
Tubing junctions not fully welded, or filled- leaving open slits. Both side frames curved downwards, probably as caused by not taking measures to prevent bowing when welding slat housings. One leg of pillow end bedstead curved inwards, out of straight. Overall, disappointing quality. I welcome a call fro a representative of The Original Bedstead Co. Julian Morrison-Little. Tel:01691 238034.
I am very pleased with the bed and mattress. The instructions were easy to follow and it didn't take long to put the bed frame together. However, when the bed and mattress were delivered I was surprised that there was only one delivery person, and that he was unable to help take the items upstairs. If I had been on my own I wouldn't have been able to move the mattress. It should be made clear during the order process that items can only be delivered into a hallway. If there was a choice between ordering items from yourselves or a company that would be prepared to carry them to where they were needed, I would choose the former.
The bed was “in stock” when I placed the order so was expecting a quick delivery. I then received an e-mail to say that there was a part of it that was out of stock and it would be up to two weeks. 5 weeks later, with no additional communication I finally got an e-mail to say it was ready to be delivered. I live in a flat on the 4th floor with a lift. I thought the delivery driver would deliver the bed to my front door. Sadly not the case. I had to take it from the back of the lorry myself and get it into my flat with no help from the delivery driver. He basically was just a driver. The bed itself is nice, took a while to put together. The bed isn’t overly expensive and this is reflected in the quality.
The wrong planks arrived, they were too long for the beds, builders had to saw them shorter. There was also one plank missing, very disappointed
Hi Marie, Very sorry to hear of your issue with the sprung slats. I have raised this issue with the production and packing teams to investigate how this error occured. In regards to the missing slat, we have sent two by courier and these should be with you very soon. Apologies once again for any inconvenience. Best wishes, The Original Bed Company
This is the second bed frame which I have bought from the Original bedstead company (the first experience was good). However, this time it was poor. The frame was not of the same quality as my first purchase and additionally had been delivered with the wrong sized wooden slats. I contacted the company and was told that some would be sent out immediately. One week later they had still not arrived and I had to telephone the company again to explain and ask again for replacement slats (which eventually did arrive). I'm afraid that my previously high opinion of the OBC has been tarnished.
Shoddy workmanship - paint chipping and cracking away from base of bed. Unenthusiastic customer service representative who sounded like he should have retired years ago. Replacement to be sent next week so means a day at home to take delivery. Not happy!
Hi, Sorry for the damage to your bedstead. All of our bedsteads are hand made, and we take great pride in our workmanship. Whilst extremely rare, there can be manufacturing defects and on these occasions we always provide a no quibbles replacement delivered at the most convenient date for the customer. We do also consider ourselves to be quite an enthusiastic bunch who are eager to please our customers; sorry you did not feel that this was the case. I will be sure to feed this back to customer service. Sorry once again for your experience thus far, but I am sure that once your new bedstead arrives you will get an understanding of why the Original Bed Company has become so synonymous with quality over its 20 year existence. Best wishes, The Original Bed company
I ordered a bed a year ago, the bed was delivered 6 months later. Th drawers were too tight to use, replacement bed is still not delivered a year later. Still waiting.
The bed was ordered on 27th October and finally arrived last week, 13 weeks from order! The email I received had said the bed was out of stock and it would take 10 to 12 weeks. As the bed was out of stock when I ordered it we decided to have one of your courtesy beds which we are now left with, basically just a metal base and legs - we think this is a complete waste of resources. In addition the new bed arrived with no assembly instructions and we also discovered that several of the bolts attaching the side bars were also missing. Just a poor experience overall.
Hi Georgina, Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with the bed arriving a week later than anticipated, and subsequently putting the bed together. We had sent a delivery team to assemble the bed for you, but on arrival they were asked to put the bedstead in the garage. Unfortunately, because they had planned to assemble the bedstead, self assembly instructions were not included. On being asked not to assemble the bed, they should have 'twigged' that instructions would now be required; sorry for this oversight. We do keep plenty of spares here, so please get in touch with an exact description of the screws required and we'll send them out via first class post. Best wishes, OBC
The Original Bed Company is rated 4.76 based on 1,054 reviews