The Original Bed Company Reviews

Read The Original Bed Company Reviews

sales@obc-uk.net

597, King's Road, London

Tell us how The Original Bed Company made you happy
I love these beautiful sturdy beds which is why I ordered the same bed twice with a year in between, the first Hamilton was black and brass with high foot end and this time I went for the same but a low foot end. However, the latest bed arrived with brass which was an entirely different finish, I was realy disappointed so emailed the company and eventually after a lot of time and photos showing Tanya the problem, I was told that I had the standard finish on this bed which is " antiqued brass" and the previous order last year was "non antiqued". So entirely different and confusing as I was then told it was a special finish which I must have been sent by mistake. So now I have to wait 8 weeks for my new "non antiqued" special finish, which I did not see on the order as an option the first time I ordered but at least the beds will match, which is why I wanted the same bed. I would recommend these beautiful beds but have not had the best experience the second time around and feel after having conversations with the company that it was some how my mistake! I am now looking forward to the new brass ends to complete the bed and can finally use it. D Main
I love my new bed - the Juno Silk mattress is really comfy and the small double size is perfect for a small room and looks beautiful. Assembling the bed was fine, but trying to assemble the underbed drawers was a nightmare. The instructions that came with the drawers were incorrect and customer support couldn't help. In the end, we had to use a hammer to bend the metal to get the drawers to fit. Once assembled, the drawers are really useful and keep everything neatly store away, however, they don't look anything like the illustrations on the website.
My new bed is amazing, I love that I can set it at different heights. I’ve gone for the higher setting and it makes the bed seem that I’m climbing into luxury each night. It feels sturdy and safe. I’ve only selected 4 stars for my amazing bed because of the personalised colour finish, it’s great that I received a little pot for touching up but the ease with which the bed scratches just doesn’t make having the colour worth it. So too easy to scratch and destined for further disappointment if I need to move it in the future, but still an amazing bed. 🙂🙂
I have had a Fuji bed since about August 2020 and whilst it is comfortable I do have one gripe. The slats in the base are really not long enough and since I bought have had 3 drop out as I live on my own I have to get someone to lift the mattress to put back on the bed. Feel they should be slightly longer too loose a fit I know in some of the slats there are tiny holes to pin to the bed but the assembly instructions should make it clear it is HIGHLY recommended. The slats should definitely be longer feel they are being parsimonious with wood which is irritating. Am writing now because another has just come out!
Ordered 2 bed frames one went up perfectly but the other one the hole was slightly out of alignment so my husband had to drill a slightly bigger hole didnt complain as needed bed up & was too much hastle to wait for another bed..overall bed frames are lovely & solid and easy to put together
LOVE our Olivia super king size bed & Juno cashmere mattress. Have set the mattress to the highest setting & it looks really luxurious. It is so comfortable. I'd recommend buying extra deep fitted sheets as the mattress is thicker than I've ever had in the past. Our only complaint would be that the delivery guys wouldn't come into the house (their firms policy because of covid, yet we've had other tradesmen come in). It was a horrendous struggle to get the super king sized mattress up the stairs and I subsequently injured my shoulder... I am still unable to sleep on my right side more than a month later... Sort of defeats the object of having a comfy bed. When you pay over £1200 for bedroom furniture - surely it would be reasonable for the furniture to be delivered to it's proposed destination i.e to the bedroom?
The bed and mattress I bought are perfect , in fact the mattress is the most comfortable I’ve ever had. My only issue was with the amount of non recyclable packaging the company used. Too much plastic and polystyrene and plastic tape.
After having bought many beds this one is by far the best. Solid, easy to make and well made. Good choice of colours and styles. Shipped on time and good value.
Suivi commercial très bon. Qualité des matériaux. Choix de modèles. En revanche difficultés rencontrés avec certains pas de vis. On ne peut visser complètement car les trous ne coïncident pas parfaitement entre eux
This is our forth purchase of your excellent beds, unfortunately you have change how the battens connect to the frame doing away with the plastic connectors. Our bed now squeaks with the slightest movement, it’s a nightmare and will have to go!
Dear Clifford,   Many thanks for your review. Please kindly try to loosen and retighten the bolts fully from the four legs / the joints and the underneath crossbar in order to fix the squeaky issue. However, we will contact you directly in order to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Best regards,  The Original Bed Company
Well packaged, bed/paint work in immaculate condition. Quality is excellent and price very good. Delivery was slightly longer than the 2 weeks quoted otherwise would of given 5 stars.
The bed frame is well made, from good quality materials. Two things could be improved. The extension legs on the headend make the bed look less well made, would look better if the headend came in one piece. The bolts that are visible when the frame is together could be coloured the same as the frame so they are less noticeable.
Would've been 5 stars if your assembly instructions were clearer
Lovely bed, when you’ve managed to piece it together! Quite complex, certainly needs two people at least, and because its good quality it’s heavy. Delivery was tricky- one poor chap meant that I had to help carry it all in and upstairs, not easy. The mattress is fabulous.
The opposite of Ikea - these beds are really built to last! Easy to put together and look fantastic - my only gripe (and it’s a minor one), the amount of (unrecycleable) packaging I felt was unnecessary - I’m sure I’m not the only person whose heart sinks when they remove packaging they know can only go to the landfill which main purpose seems to provide 30 mins worth of snipping, manhandling and gathering !!
I have now erected the bed. It is really solid and looks great. Thank you. The reason i only give four stars is because of the original problem of fitting the frame to the bedstead.
Dear Marion, Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We’re very sorry to hear your disappointment and the base issue. We shall contact you directly and resolve this issue as soon as possible. Kind Regards, The Original Bed Company
Bed gets a five and was quickly dispatched but Delivery company poor. It’s a six foot mattress and they didn’t want to take it upstairs as it was “ too heavy.” Other companies deliver to your bed. They did eventually take it to the door of my bedroom.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We’re sorry and unfortunate to hear about your less satisfactory experience with the delivery for the 6ft mattress (not a rolled mattress). We normally dispatch all our order deliveries with two delivery companies according to our customers’ requirements and bookings. And one of the delivery companies – the two-man delivery service should normally take the orders to the upstairs/bedrooms if requested and there is no space restriction in the house. We'll always strive to make things right for all our customers. Best regards, The Original Bed Company
The bed matched the image. My only complaint would be that there were problems of alignment.
Dear Mike,  Many thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear about the problems of alignment. It would be great if you could kindly send us some photos for the issue with clear descriptions. We will try our best to solve them right away for you. We're here to assist our customers in any way possible. Best Regards,  The Original Bed Company
Beautiful quality bed overall but a couple of tricky assembly issues. Would recommend. Good value for money. Delivery at nearly 10 weeks could be quicker.
Very good metal bed carnt fault it.Had to wait fifteen weeks for delivery.
The Original Bed Company is rated 4.76 based on 1,058 reviews