The Original Bedstead Company Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend The Original Bedstead Company

+44(0)2073511955

sales@obc-uk.net

The Plaza,535 Kings Road

How would you rate The Original Bedstead Company?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Chriss
"bought Chatsworth King in satin white about 7 yrs ago, still going strong, everyone loves it"
Jessica
"The bed arrived in time, was exactly as described, and it was easy to assemble"
"Very quick delivery and on the day I chose! Bed in stock as promised and contact with “the office” was easy and staff very helpful ! Bed lovely and excellent quality for the money !"
"For value to money to prompt delivery, we have been very pleased with our purchase of an Edwardian style bedstead. It was easy to put together and looks a lot more expensive then it costs. We would not hesitate to buy from this company again."
"This is the third Original Bedstead company bed that we have purchased and we have always been extremely pleased with the beds . From order to delivery the company has been excellent in communicating even sending photos of the colour from the workshop so I could be sure before I purchased. The packing of the bed is exceptional to ensure no damage and once put together you have a very solid bed. Would definitely recommend."
"OBC were very efficient throughout. Bed came very quickly from order date especially as it was as a special paint Colour finish. Delivery was bang on time slot as well. All in all a great service and I would certainly use OBC again and recommend to others."
"the bed orderedcame quickly was delivered in excellent condition and well protected for the journey. The instructions were clear to assemble the bed and we love the bed. It looks grand in our bedroom Thank you!"
"Slats are not laminated, frame was damaged, part of frame is twisted. Tried 3 times to get laminated slats but quality each time was rubbish - really rough wood that has damaged my mattress. And when you try to sort out the problems customer service is an alien concept"
Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear of your disappointment with the slats. We bond multiple layers of wood together under high pressure, with the grains at right angles to provide extra strength. These are then cured at high heat before being machine sanded with fine paper. They form part of a base which has been awarded the BS EN 1725 durability certificate.

We have been using this design of slat for a number of years, and as you can see by our reviews, we get great feedback on the all round quality of our bedsteads, of which the slats form an integral part. That said, we take all customer feedback on board and I have forawrded your thoughts onto our production team for review.

In relation to customer service, we will always endeavor to resolve a customer complaint, as we did on this occasion by hand lacquering sets of slats for you. Regarding the frame being twisted, we would certainly look to resolve this too, as our frames are made from heavy gauge materials and should not be twisted. This was not mentioned in any previous correspondence though, so we will email you directly to get further information on this.

Best wishes,

The Original Bedstead Company
"Easy to use website and ordering system. Prompt delivery. Good quality item that was easy to assemble. Pleased."
"The pre delivery support including the ordering process were very good"
"The wrong planks arrived, they were too long for the beds, builders had to saw them shorter. There was also one plank missing, very disappointed"
Hi Marie,

Very sorry to hear of your issue with the sprung slats. I have raised this issue with the production and packing teams to investigate how this error occured. In regards to the missing slat, we have sent two by courier and these should be with you very soon.

Apologies once again for any inconvenience.

Best wishes,

The Original Bed Company
"Well made and easy to assemble bed that arrived quickly, good communication from the delivery company. A good experience all round."
"Our bed looked even nicer in real life than in the on line photo. It was simple to assemble and feels sturdy but airy enough to look dainty in our small bedroom."
"The bed is very sturdy and good quality. It is reasonably easy to assemble but does need 2 people for some of the process. We chose it to match our original bed purchased from you via Essex Beds in 2006 and although there are some minor changes it looks almost identical - as the original bed is still as good today as 11+ years ago we have high hopes for this one."
"Firstly, Tanya replied to all my queries promptly and efficiently. I've been looking for a bed frame for many months and finally found your company - my Edwardian is exactly what I wanted and I love it!"
"I ordered an Olivia double bed in ivory as other reviewers had this one, it was in stock and I found the wide choice otherwise too difficult! Lovely selection at great prices. Delivery would have been even earlier if I'd been paying attention to my emails to get it on the Friday but I missed this slot by an hour so had to wait until the next week. It arrived promptly, great delivery services advising me of progress all the way. Watch out for emails once you order so you don't make this mistake. This bed is strong and well designed - I love the bolts hidden in the ends of the frames (don't panic like I did and think you are missing some bolts they are just cleverly hidden). I built the bed on my own (easy to do with the aid of my toolbox as a prop - good tip from another of your customers thank you). Unfortunately I tripped over the frame when building it, which resulted in a trip to A+E and two stitches to my calf having landed on one of the mouldings that hold the bed slats, but I can certainly vouch for the robustness of the frame! Don't trip over the frame would be my advice - this is a strong bed! My two cats and I are loving my new bed - I enjoy the highest setting so it's like I'm floating on air. When I turn over at night it doesn't creak like other cheaper metal beds. It looks elegant in the ivory colour, I couldn't be happier and I get my stitches out on Friday."
"Excellent service. Delivered when I requested. Great quality good looking iron beds"
"Happy with the communication up to the point of delivery, the frame arrived but the mattress had been mis-routed. The delivery guys explained it would be delivered the next day. Bit disappointing as I'd made special arrangements to take the whole delivery on the allocated day. I didn't get any further updates from anyone and had to call the courier direct the next day to get the mattress delivered on a Saturday. Good quality product just needs to improve customer feedback."
"Delivery as promised. Lovely bed, fitted together easily."
"Absolutely delighted with our new Ashley bed in satin white. The ability to vary the height is just what we've been looking for. Very pleased with our order, the service and delivery!"
"The bed was delivered on time and very well packaged, so no in transit damage or blemishes. The instructions were mostly clear, and all tools and fixtures required to assemble it were provided. Even though it suggests two people were required to assemble the king-size bed frame, it is possible to assemble by one person. The design of the joints, particularly the beams attaching to the headboard/footboard look a bit clumsy, but overall the design looks good 'in the flesh'. The quality of the metalwork and paint is excellent, and the product represents great value for money."
"The bed I ordered arrived two days later. Assembling the bed was very straightforward and the quality is excellent- it looks beautiful and I am delighted - I would highly recommend this Company. Mrs Waine, Merseyside."
"A very good company to shop at - good service, good advice, good quality"
The Original Bedstead Company is rated 4.67 based on 229 reviews