The Original Bedstead Company Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend The Original Bedstead Company

The Plaza,535 Kings Road

How would you rate The Original Bedstead Company?

Loubie
Unverified Reviewer

Bed is very comfy and I love sleeping on it, the only annoyance is that the mortlake headboard rails are just at the height that one pillow slips over and one under it. (My house is 200 years old n not square so can't be pushed right up against the walls its 10" difference) so I wake up and my pillows are in the gap!
Also you need to be very practical to guess how it goes together as the instructions only had 5 points to build an entire bed! and did not list or mention the cross struts, it took me an hour of trying them for size in different places to figure out they actually go between the bottom strip of the headboard and the side rail brackets.
Other than that its awesome!
Clinton
Verified Buyer

I'm getting really scared now that my beds will not be delivered. Full payment has been taken, I ordered these beds two weeks ago and according to their website they are beds in stock i.e. 3-5 working days delivery. I have emailed, left a voicemail, tweeted and messaged on Facebook. Nobody has come back to me to assure me that my delivery is on its way. This is my last attempt before I start trying to get my money back, if someone can update me on the delivery I will remove this review.

Thanks,
Ashley
Christine
Verified Buyer

This is the 3rd bed that we have purchased over the last few years and they are all absolutely top quality. From ordering to delivery the service is first class. The bed was extremely well packaged to protect it from getting damaged during delivery. It looks amazing. A brilliant company and product, so rare!
Janette H
Verified Reviewer

I bought Hamilton iron bed 10 years ago this September and I still love will never change it I hope it will become a family heirloom as did Victorian beds in the past....
Margaret C
Verified Reviewer

Hello I had wanted an iron bed for ages for my daughters bedroom but living in Cork city Ireland I couldn't find any. I went onto the Arnotts department store in Dublin website and came across a small collection of original company iron beds with a 8-12 week delivery. I rang yourselves and talked to Tanya who was extremely helpful and efficient. The bed I wanted was in stock.This was on a Tuesday. By Friday the bed had arrived, well packaged and not a scratch on it. Absolutely fantastic quality and I am delighted.I am from London originally and you're company is an example of what customer service and quality used to be like! Thank you so much. Kind regards Margaret Casey
Lindsay
Unverified Reviewer

Very happy with the bed and the service!
Bought the Ashley in Satin White for our spare bedroom.
I am extremely fussy about the quality and could not fault it!
Hopefully you can see from the photo, how easy it is to reduce the height if you don't want to store much underneath.
No squeaks when I spent one night trying it out!
Thank you for all the help we were given before purchase .
Unverified Reviewer

Shoddy workmanship - paint chipping and cracking away from base of bed. Unenthusiastic customer service representative who sounded like he should have retired years ago. Replacement to be sent next week so means a day at home to take delivery. Not happy!
Hi,

Sorry for the damage to your bedstead. All of our bedsteads are hand made, and we take great pride in our workmanship. Whilst extremely rare, there can be manufacturing defects and on these occasions we always provide a no quibbles replacement delivered at the most convenient date for the customer.

We do also consider ourselves to be quite an enthusiastic bunch who are eager to please our customers; sorry you did not feel that this was the case. I will be sure to feed this back to customer service.

Sorry once again for your experience thus far, but I am sure that once your new bedstead arrives you will get an understanding of why the Original Bed Company has become so synonymous with quality over its 20 year existence.

Best wishes,

The Original Bed company
Jacqui A
Unverified Reviewer

We bought the lovely Windsor and we are delighted with the quality and finish. i understand the company makes beds for some very high end retailers, and certainly the quality is as good as companies like And so To Bed (we have a few from there too) but a fraction of the cost. Excellent service and Tony was very helpful and professional. thank you very much
Jane
Unverified Reviewer

Really good experience buying from this company. The bed is exquisite and the sales and delivery teams really could not have been more helpful.
Verified Buyer

Very pleased with the bed we received. Very helpful communication throughout.
Verified Buyer

I did a lot of research before finding the OBC and the low footbed frame which is what I wanted. I then found out my old bed may have been made by them but as I had lost the paperwork and there are no markings on the bed I didn't know! I love this range as there are two heights I can position the bed at which means a higher bed and more underbed storage!
The OBC were great from the moment of ordering on line. Confirmation via e mail came through quickly along with delivery wait time - which i was already aware of from the website but it was great to have it confirmed. They contacted me when the item was available - right on time - and delivery was arranged. There was only one small negative in that the delivery driver was in such as rush he almost 'dumped' the items and seemed put out when I asked him to deliver it to a ground floor location rather than leaving it at the front door.
Despite that i would certainly recommend the product (king size bed) and found the OBC friendly via their e mails which gives me an idea if there was a problem they would be happy to help solve it.
Tom
Verified Buyer

Excellent product, delivered promptly at a convenient time for me.
Verified Buyer

Top quality beds and the mattress that i orded were of the highest standard.
Well worth the money, if your looking for a quality product you wont go wrong here.
Alexander S
Verified Buyer

The only bed supplier who had the steel framed be of the type I wanted. The ordering and confirmation process provided me with a non standard storage colour. Communication of delivery date was excellent.

The bed design made it extremely easy to move the bed upstairs before assembly which was very straightforward. Many thanks.
Myra
Verified Buyer

When the bed was delivered the side rails had been damaged in transit. After calling OBC they were super efficient in arranging replacement rails at the earliest opportunity. The bed looks great and is really comfortable. I would thoroughly recommend the very helpful service and efficiency of OBC.
Grant
Verified Buyer

Prompt response when I contacted via email and very helpful over the phone. Beds arrived when expected and very well packaged. Easy to put up, tools even supplied.
John
Verified Buyer

Really pleased with our bed. Excellent quality and fantastic build, and of course superb cost. Easy to follow instructions with clearly laid out instructions. My only comment is to put tje top screws in first! Delivery was fast too, which is always a bonus.

Really pleased and a great nights sleep. Thank you.
Debbie
Verified Buyer

Lovely, no problems just good service and communication
David
Verified Buyer

We had almost made up our mind as to which bed we wanted, but passed by the Corby depot to see it "in the flesh" just to be sure.
We were greeted by Tanya who made us feel very welcome. We were taken into the warehouse and were met my a young man who could not have been more helpful. He carried down two mattresses for us to try, no mean feet, as they are real heavy.
As for the bed, superb. It was delivered on schedule and easily assembled.
I would strongly recommend The original Bedstead Company.
Ffion
Verified Buyer

I had been looking at the Waldo bed for a few months and when I finally ordered it I was so happy. The delivery was fast, the person who delivered it was very helpful and the bed is so beautiful, it's totally transformed my room and was so easy to build. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
The Original Bedstead Company is rated 4.69 based on 143 reviews