The Original Bedstead Company Reviews

+44(0)2073511955

sales@obc-uk.net

The Plaza,535 Kings Road

Tell us how The Original Bedstead Company made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Approximately 10 years ago we purchased a Braemar bed for £1100 from Dreams beds, they sold this bed on behalf of the Original Bed Company at the time although it was a lot of money we thought it would be nice for the children, a heirloom to be handed down to them. We'd had the bed for roughly 5 or 6 years and we noticed that the brass was beginning to tarnish so we contacted Dreams and they were very good and they replaced the bed with not to much trouble at all. That was in 2016 now the same thing is happening again. With the Dreams shop now closed in Leicester we decided to contact the Original Bed Company, having contacted them they said could we send them photos of said faults, which we did. We then received an Email from the company, saying that they were very sorry about our complaint, but there was nothing they would be able to do about it because the 5 year warranty had expired but that we should have the bed refurbished by a refurbishing company. We recently had a look at the website of the said bed company and found that the £1100 bed we paid for was now £1700. Although we wont be able to get anything done about our problem, I just wanted to warn other potential customers of being taken in by false promises
So pleased with our camol in bed It looks fabulous and is very sturdy. Also incredibly well packed and assembled like a dream everything lined up and no parts missing. Great company to do business with and you can easily speak to someone
Just received our bed. It is gorgeous and we are so pleased with it. It not only looks beautiful but is well built and very sturdy. The service from order to delivery was second to none. I would not hesitate to recommend this company and will definitely order again.
Absolutely love my bed!! I ordered a white bed and unfortunately it came in cream. Customer service was excellent though and a replacement bed was sent. It’s really sturdy and so pretty. Love love love and would definitely use this company again
I recently bought the Solomon Bed for my daughter. Online ordering was easy, with a quick delivery time, it came as promised on the day and time stated and she is very happy with it. Thank you, would not hesitate to recommend you.
Excellent quality of the bed we bought. Much more substantial and well made than most of the competition. Well worth the price and the customer relations and service were very helpful.
Very helpful company; you can have a telephone conversation with them! Bed is lovely, sturdy, well made. The delivery was spot-on.
This is the 3rd OBC bed frame that I have purchased. I can think of no fault with the company of their product. I bought a kingsize iron bed frame in 2007, a 2ft 6" last year (for a tiny box room, it's just perfect!) and recently bought a double. I live on an island and am used to extortionate delivery charges or things taking weeks to be delivered so to get such speedy and decently priced delivery is a dream. The beds are easy to assemble and are sturdy and well made. I would recommend The OBC to anybody and would like to thank them for providing such an efficient service and fantastic products.
Very pleased with bed frame. Reasonable price, stylish and prompt delivery
Excellent service bed delivered as promised well packaged, and a very good bed it is. Looks great and is solid and well designed. The add on drawers are a little suspect but they work fine and are an excellent bit of extra storage. One very pleased customer!
The actual quality and look of the product is fantastic. We ordered on-line before Christmas and took delivery at the beginning of March. A long wait but worth it. To improve the service, a confirmation email detailing the order and contact details for customer service should be sent at point of order. All I received was a sales receipt with no information on it apart from the total spent, not even the company purchased from, so I had to trust that I had purchased from a legitimate company. We would use this company again now we know the process.
Very good service. Both bed and mattress fantastic. Bed frame very sturdy. Mattress is very comfortable. My only complaint is the custom colour has peeled off rather easily in places, luckily nowhere on show once constructed. My suggestion would be to supply a little pot of the paint for touching up areas affected.
I am very sorry to hear that this has occurred. Please do send us an email and we can send you some touch up paint in the post. If the paint continues to flake please let us know and we will supply you with a replacement bed.

Kind Regards,
Original Bed Company
Can't fault the service as every effort was made to get the bed and mattress made extra fast. Service at the shop good. Quality although I haven't actually been able to try it yet mattress tried in shop excellent. Two comments: I could not have put it together by myself it is far too heavy. The mattress is deep ( good) but it makes even the lower settings pretty high off the ground and thus dominates the room a bit too much, I would like the lower setting to be about 10cms lower ideally.
Very pleased with the bed. It looks extremely good in the bedroom - JA
Ordered the small double black iron bed with drawers and I was very impressed with the quality, it’s very solid and looks beautiful. The Hanging drawers are elegant and Spacious and work smoothly. My daughter is very happy with this new bed!
Whole process from start to finish was easy from ordering online to assembling which was very easy. Good quality bed frame at an excellent price. Highly recommend.
The packaging for the components for our Ashley bed had been carefully designed to ensure that all parts arrived in excellent condition. The detailed instructions and supplied tools allowed the bed to be assembled without any problems. Overall the bed is handsome, well designed and very sturdy. The special slatted base works effectively. The delivery of the bedstead packages, by a helpful two-man team, was smooth and efficient. The online ordering process was completely straightforward and we are very pleased with our new bed. Christopher
I bought a Solomon in a small double. A beautiful bed, sturdy and engineered really well. I’m really happy with it.
One of the slats was rough and a piece of rage wood has cause a hole in a brand new mattress
I don’t usually bother with reviews but this company exceeded my expectations. The bed was easy to assemble. Each and every component is of great quality and the bed looks lovely. Delivered when expected too!
The Original Bedstead Company is rated 4.72 based on 725 reviews