The Original Bedstead Company Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend The Original Bedstead Company

+44(0)2073511955

sales@obc-uk.net

The Plaza,535 Kings Road

How would you rate The Original Bedstead Company ?

Neil
"Easy to assemble bed with two height options. Solid, creak free great looking bed at a good price. I can’t recommend this highly enough."
"Excellent customer service from my first phone call. My bed was delivered 2 days later, on the date I selected with constant updates from the courier. Ideal when you already have the stress of moving house! The bed took very little time for my husband to build - mainly single handed with me just supporting the ends briefly. The bolts all fit perfectly, everything was there and the bed was well packed and delivered in perfect condition. My only very minor criticism was the very dirty outer plastic packaging it was covered in (maybe down to the delivery company or warehouse). With brand new carpets, we probably should have unwrapped the plastic outside with hindsight. The bed is perfect - no steaks or rattles, and exactly fits our existing standard king mattress. Thank you!"
"We were Mr & Mrs fussy, but after many samples ordered and delivered without a hint of a problem we ordered a Nancy with bespoke crushed velvet (a special order not on the standard list, not an issue for this firm). It arrived, on time, well packaged. We had to store for 3 weeks waiting for the room to be finished. We erected it without any problem. What we have is a beautiful bed, superbly engineered, no plastic at all. This bed is simply top notch, excellent value for money and the company are better than a pleasure to deal wIth. Please, any company act like this one, it will increase sales. Would deal with you any day without hesitation. This is how it should be done, great staff, great product, great price, highly satisfied. If you want an iron bedstead look no further - ever."
"We are delighted with our Selkirk bed frame. The Original Bedstead Company communicated well re delivery and the pieces of the bed were well packaged. The frame is sturdy and strong and looks good too. Assembly instructions were generally clear and straightforward - the only tricky bit was fitting the brass tube, collar and knobs at head and foot end. All in all a reasonable price for a quality bed frame."
"Easy to deal with both online and on the phone. My order was processed very quickly and the delivery and installation by Dave was very good too - he kept me informed as to when he'd be arriving and was very obliging."
"I am really delighted with my new bed, it is very sturdily made, and has just the look I was wanting. I was very happy to support a local firm. The service was prompt and efficient and the delivery men very helpful."
"I ordered the Timolin in black. The quality is far superior to cheap imports from China but not as good as a good condition antique; still I didn't pay for an antique which would have cost 3 times as much. So happy with the bed. Obc need to tighten up on their delivery logistics and use another courier apart from Panther because my in stock bed was scheduled for a Monday, didn't come and was promised everyday until Thursday when it finally arrived. Good job I work from home!"
Hi,

Many thanks for your review. It's great to hear that you are really happy with the bed.

In regards to your delivery experience, it is disappointing to hear that Panther have not provided the level of service that befits the product. After careful consideration we have made the decision not to use Panther in the future, and will closely monitor our new delivery company to ensure they meet the same high standards we have when making our bedsteads.

Thanks once again for your feedback.

The Original Bed Company
"Easy ordering, prompt and friends day service"
"Fantastic helpful service both online and on the phone. Our bed is just as we wanted it to be. Delivered a little later than originally planned but we were kept fully involved in this to ensure our convenience. Will definitely use OBC again and would recommend them at the drop of a hat. Thank you."
"I ordered a bed 2 months in advance of when I needed it for. I had to have it delivered on a specific date, therefore gave plently of notice. I called a week before the delivery date and was ensured everything was in place. 1 hour before the delivery slot, I received an e-mail to advise only part of my order was being delivered !!! To cut a very long story short, the 2nd part of my order was scheduled to be delivered the following week - however, no delivery, no phone call !!! I then had to take a day off work for it to be delivered mid week. First delivery driver was rude and sarcastic too. Bed is beautiful and great quality, however, would never us the Original Bed Company again, until they change from using Panther Group as their delivery providers."
Hi Irene,

Many thanks for your review. It's great to hear your positive comments about the look and quality of your bedstead.

Thanks once again for your feedback.

The Original Bed Company
"Im really impressed with the quality of the bed I ordered.Very easy to put together,solid and the underbed storage option is great.It took me longer to cut up and dispose of the packaging than put the bed together."
"We ordered a Carie low foot end bed, which was in stock. The order email somehow showed white side rails for a black bed but this was sorted out by a very helpful lady in customer services at the same time as requesting delivery 2 days later. Item was well packaged. The parts are fairly heavy and putting the bed together is a 2 man job. I wasn’t sure how sturdy this type of bed would be, but it is absolutely solid, so overall I’m very happy with the purchase."
"The bed is great was relatively easy to put together"
"from the time I placed the order for Bed , the contact has been excellent keeping me informed. Delivery was made in time frame given with good customer service by delivery people. The bed was made easy to assemble with good instructions. Very pleased with bed fits in with my décor would recommend anyone to OBC"
"Excellent quality brass bed - second one we've had - same but super king! First one gifted to our daughter as good as new."
"Ordering was easy, communication was great and delivery was on time."
"I have never had so many parts to put together in a self assembly bed. It took me and my partner several hours to put it together and the instructions were not clear. However, once finished the bed is very attractive, Next time i would pay someone to do it for me."
Hi,

Many thanks for your review. I'm glad to hear that you find your bedstead very attractive. Our beds are designed to both look good and be extremely strong and functional. We also take great care in ensuring that our bedsteads are easy to assemble with clear instructions. Over 99% of customers assemble the beds themselves, and we get lots of positive feedback. I have sent an email for more detailed feedback on which steps were unclear. We look forward to hearing your feedback.

The Original Bedstead Company
"The quality of the bed frame was excellent, easy to assemble and delivered very quickly. In addition it was well packaged to prevent damage in transit. My daughter is very happy with it!"
"All very straightforward. Saw something we like online, checked out the Kings Road showroom (not a vast selection there) to check on the quality. Bed arrived 6 days after purchase. It’s sturdy - although from a design perspective there are some unattractive bolts near the head side, which aren’t covered by the mattress or a duvet. Pity as it would otherwise be perfect. Overall though - good value for money spent."
"I have recently purchased two metal beds from the OBC & a mattress. Right from the word go they couldn't have been more helpful both with information & advice. I am delighted with both beds - the Clarina & the Carrie. The mattress is substantial & comfortable. I wanted to make a couple of changes concerning measurements & they were very accommodating. They made everything very stressfree. I would not hesitate in recommending them ."
The Original Bedstead Company is rated 4.69 based on 324 reviews