Six Star Cruises Reviews

of reviewers recommend Six Star Cruises
Read Six Star Cruises Reviews

feedback@sixstarcruises.co.uk

Tell us how Six Star Cruises made you happy
In the past we always worked with the same cruise concierge, who knew our preferences, and was always able to do something a bit extra for us. She was always available for a chat to clear up any problems.
Now I cannot contact her and just get passed to your sales team who quite frankly are not terribly helpful.
I wanted to change our Cunard cruise from July 2021 to a sailing in June 2022 and was told another team would contact me to do this. I emailed my request, phoned twice more and was eventually able to make the switch.
This level of service is not acceptable when you are spending 15K on a cruise. Maybe you have become too big now for any kind of personal service !
I would welcome a response.
Stephen Jerome
There was a flight time changed in our booking and we were failed to be advised by Six Star, courtesy email would have sufficed. Les to us missing our flight from China to Vietnam and no help given by them to sort. Poor service and not the first time we have been let down by them.
Will not be using them again
We’re so sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced. So we can look into your case in more details and contact you directly, please can you email us at customerrelations@worldtravelholdings.co.uk so we can escalate your concerns to our Customer Service Management team. Many thanks.
My Crystal Cruise, booked through Sixstar last summer for a cruise in June of this year, was cancelled by Sixstar/Crystal in May due to Covid. After 133 days I have still not received a refund. This is despite the fact that I was initially told by Sixstar that I would be refunded in 90 days. I was then assured I would be refunded in 120 days.

Sixstar have three times promised to investigate with Crystal and ring me back. None of those calls have materialised and Sixstar have also blatantly failed to respond to any E-mails or letters, including E-Mails to their Customer Services address, which in previous negative reviews they recommend people write to!

Sixstar may provide a good service when booking a cruise but it is a very different story if you are trying to secure a refund.

It is clearly a difficult time for cruise companies, and their agents, but if they want to have a post covid future they need to treat their customers with much more respect than they are currently doing.

Sixstar sell expensive cruises but, from my experience, their service is one star.
Hi Kim, We’re so sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced. We are currently dealing with unprecedented volume refunds and are doing our best to help our customers as quickly as we can. We have not yet received your refund from the cruise line as of yet and are chasing them on a regular basis, as soon as we receive the refund we will process this back to yourself as soon as possible. Please be assured you will receive a call today from our Customer Relations Team today with an update. Many thanks for your patience in the meantime.

A very distressing and disappointing experience. Despite being regular travellers we booked a cruise in January for departure in June through Seabourn which due to COVID-19 did not happen. Despite many mails sent have been ignored and out of pocket due to refund not being returned. I’m at a loss what to do, anyone in the same situation perhaps Legal Action required?
Booked a holiday early February to South Africa Land & cruise Due to my wife’s underlying health problem is she doesn’t want to travel but refused to give me my £1400 deposit as far as I’m concerned a Bucket shop travel company Stay away
Thanks for your review, we’re sorry that you’ve experienced difficulties on this occasion. So we can look into your case in more detail and contact you directly, please can you email us at customerrelations@worldtravelholdings.co.uk so we can escalate your concerns to our Customer Service Management team. Many thanks.
Our cruise was cancelled beginning of April to French Polynesia islands.
Our holiday was with Regent Seven Seas cruise line, who offered a refund via SSC.
SSC owe us £17,000!!!
Thanks for your review, we’re sorry that you’ve experienced difficulties on this occasion. So we can look into your case in more details and contact you directly, please can you email us at customerrelations@worldtravelholdings.co.uk so we can escalate your concerns to our Customer Service Management team. Many thanks.
Still waiting for our £15k refund from Six Star Cruises for our cancelled trip to Australia on the 15th March. To date we have not received a penny, appalling communications from them with no updates since the 9th April. As others have previously stated Six Star Cruises only appear to be interested in new sales not in the customers who had their trip cancelled because of the pandemic. We will not be booking with Six Star Cruises again.
We joined Regent Navigator on 13th March and debarked that evening. Booked our own flights back to the UK and arrived 15th March! Immediately requested a refund. We e mailed to say that the deposit was paid on a hacked credit card which is, obviously, now void. Over the last few weeks we have received most of our money but not the deposit which Six Star tell us was paid the the now void card! It cannot be traced by the credit card company and Six Star are not answering the phone or e mails!
Please can you email CustomerRelations@worldtravelholdings.co.uk with your booking reference number and our Customer Relations Manager will look into this for you.
6 star are mostly good to excellent when booking a cruise but when your cruise is cancelled, they do not want to know. Since my cruise was cancelled in March, and after confirming I wanted a refund and not a cruise credit, I have to keep chasing for information about the refund. Promises are made but not kept.
It seems they put all their efforts into selling more cruises but virtually no effort into refunding failed cruises
Cruise cancelled on 10 march by Azamara. Cruise portion refunded to Sixstar on 18 May according to Azamara yet only received by me on 19 June. Still waiting for £900 air fares refund. Yet Emirates tell me they can see the booking has not yet been refunded to or claimed by the ticket agent used by Sixstar. I have had to do all the legwork for info. If I had relied purely on Sixstar coming to me I would still be waiting.
I know there are many claimants but over 100 days--really?
I put it down to poor staff management at WTH (the parent of Cruise 118; Sixstar and RiverVoyages).Probablt too many people on furlough and not enough to cope with the current volume.
Regrettably we have had another Azamara booking cancelled,also booked through Sixstar. Cancelled 4 weeks ago. Still no news but on experience another 2 months to wait.

New bookings will be made somewhere else!
We were due to depart for Dubai on 16 March. Azamara emailed us direct o 10 March to cancel.I got the cruise element back from Sixstar on 19 June despite Azamara telling me they had paid Sixstar on 18 May. I am still waiting for £900 for the air tickets.Emirates told me on 27 June that they can see that the ticket provider has not refunded me. So today 112 days from the original cancellation note we are still waiting. Not good enough and not kept in the picture unless I make direct contact with the air and cruise people myself. To rub salt in the wound Azamara have cancelled another booking and you`ve guessed it I have to wait on Sixstar for that as well..
No prizes to those who think I should book through them in the future!
A pity as some of the staff have been good in the past but management in this extreme cancellation period has from my view been totally lacking in its organisationand is lamentable.
Like many others, waiting for a refund of cruise cancelled in March. No replies to emails, phone lines almost useless. Finally spoke to a real person on Saturday 20th June who said he would contact their finance dept (who don’t work on a weekend). Now Friday 26th and still nothing! We know Fred Olsen has paid them the money, it’s just not been forwarded to us. Very disappointed after previous good service from Six Star. Will have to consider other means of making future bookings.
All very well telling me not in flight booking range , might be useful to let me know when it is
Granted a full refund on my holiday due to covid cancellation. But still awaiting funds for over 6 weeks! No longer answering emails or returning calls. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY as they are withholding customers refunds. AVOID
Still waiting for a full refund on my cruise that was to sail on the 9th March but cancelled due to covid.
Seem to be more interested in me booking another cruise or credit every time a phone them than giving me my refund.
I have used SS and never had a problem or reason to complain until now......
Updated 15 June :
So it seems from lots of other glowing reviews, SS give great service if you're prepared to book another Cruise with them but not if you actually have a query or problem!

Cruise booked with Seabourn, obviously cancelled, I waited to be contacted as instructed by the message customers get when they do try to call, nothing, no contact made, no email or call as it states on the website. It got to 10 days before the date we should have departed so I contacted them after I had read glowing reviews about how other customers had been helped with no problem and they were due to depart after my cruise. I eventually spoke to a Concierge and now have the Refund process in place but have to endure 90 days before I get my money back. Lesson learnt I should not have waited the 14 days and the whole process could have been started sooner.

NOW ANOTHER PROBLEM! I have contacted SS several times regarding the Final Payment for another Cruise booked with them on Scenic Eclipse. The balance is due but I am not prepared to pay the 16K to find the Cruise cancelled and then have to wait another 90 days to get my money back. I eventually spoke to a Concierge again( Im not going to name) on the 9 June after I read on Scenics website that you can arrange a "Final Payment Extension", unfortunately she explained Scenic is not one of the Cruise Lines she deals with??? What is the point of managing to get to speak to someone after being on hold for a considerable time but who cannot actually help. She said she would email colleague and a contact at Scenic and would advise me by email...... Guess what another week goes by and I've heard nothing since. I am not prepared to lose my 4K Deposit.
Please, please can someone just do what they say they are going to do or at least make contact.
Not sure I would ever book with SS again....
Been trying to get a refund since 9 March 2020. Phone lines cut out. No longer answering emails. Cruise line advises they refunded 6star a week ago. How much longer will we have to wait for refund of money paid last November?
Very stressful, not given the correct information we required. We had to keep e- mailing to receive the information we required
I’m very unhappy with six star cruises and the difficulty I having with them in getting a refund of my money for my expensive holiday.
I’m unhappy I’ve had a refund credit note imposed on me with no agreement or discussion of this.
Dealing with the sales team to resolve is both frustrating and upsetting and if I hear about ABTA or ATOL well ...
All I ask for is my money back within my consumer rights please.
I’ve got more bookings with six star regrettably but after these will prefer to go to the lines directly as I’ve really lost confidence with this agent.
Six Star Cruises is rated 4.78 based on 3,143 reviews