Six Star Cruises Reviews

of reviewers recommend Six Star Cruises
Read Six Star Cruises Reviews

feedback@sixstarcruises.co.uk

Tell us how Six Star Cruises made you happy
Sorry, I've no idea which booking this survey relates to?
Thanks Scott, you made the booking easy with your prompt attention to any questions that we had. We thought that Sixstar offered us a good service and are looking forward to our holiday next year.
I had a very good and professional service from Maura. She didn’t rush me at all when I have been very unsure in what I should do. Bring clinically vulnerable it has been very difficult to decide. She has been wonderful and so easy to deal with. When I am able to cruise again I will certainly be in touch. Thank you Maura.😀😀. Mary
There doesn't seem to be any continuity with the concierges during the enquiry/booking process. If your concierge is away from the office for a long term emails are eventually picked up by a colleague, if that colleague is then away from the office the system seems to fall down and you have to start the process again. Emails sent to other cruise agents always receive a reply immediately and never start with "apologies for the delay"! The response to queries can be measured in days not hours.
My Crystal Cruise, booked through Sixstar last summer for a cruise in June of this year, was cancelled by Sixstar/Crystal in May due to Covid. After 150 days I have still not received a refund. This is despite the fact that I was initially told by Sixstar that I would be refunded in 90 days. I was then assured I would be refunded in 120 days. After some prompting, Sixstar have engaged with me and they are now, albeit with no success thus far, trying to extract the refund from Crystal. They have told me that they will not refund me until Crystal has paid them. Sixstar are still selling Crystal Cruises through their website and one must question whether they are right to do this given that Crystal are not honouring their contracts with their existing customers. The behaviour of Crystal inevitably makes one question whether the company has a viable future and whether or not the company is trading when technically insolvent. It's a tough time for Cruise Companies, and their agents, but at the end of the day I did not receive the holiday which I paid for handsomely. I have every right to expect to be promptly refunded and the booking agents do need to accept some of the responsibility.
It took me 4 calls to get somebody to react positively for me to transfer from one cruise to an alternative. When I eventually got to somebody who was prepared to action my request they were very competent and professional as I would always expect. She was able to action it where as the other consultants were trying to pass the book onto the admin team without at least quoting the cruise we have changed to. I must say that service from your consultants has declined in the past 12 months. I do not believe you can blame that on Covid.
Thanks for your feedback Nigel we are sorry to hear that you had difficulties as you can appreciate it is extremely busy at the moment but we are pleased Hannah was able to action your request positively. We pride ourselves on delivering a remarkable service and are sorry you feel the service has declined in the past 12 months it is something we continually aim to improve.
Had we not booked through Six Star/118 cruises before, and would therefore not have £1500 deposited with you, we probably would not have booked again. My wife spent over six hours across three days attempting to speak to someone about rebooking our cancelled cruise. She used several phone numbers - the message on the number on your website stated that you were closed when you were not! I appreciate that your staff are working from home which presents difficulties, but when one has spent hours, literally, to get through, to be told finally that a certain person would ring back and they don't, one is back to the beginning, dialling, waiting and frustrated. We finally managed to speak to someone and made arrangements and thought that we had made a firm booking, but were contacted later in the day by another member of staff who seemed to know nothing of the booking. The next day my wife tried to get in touch with the original member of staff who we thought had booked the cruise, but again, had to wait a long time to be answered and even then, the specific person was not available. We were then in the situation of two people contacting us, but again, it seems that our information had not been logged correctly. By Thursday (July 29) we believed that the booking was finally made with Seabourne Cruises BUT WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR A FINAL CONFIRMATION EMAIL To be fair, this was not representative of the service and communication that we have received from your company in the past, so we are looking on it as a complete breakdown in communication both to us and between members of your staff; had we been new clients, I suspect that we would not have had the patience to pursue. A final point; the recorded message on your phoneline(s) states that you are the world's largest cruise provider. If this is true, you need to have more people answering phones and, at the very least, some indication of where one is in the queue to be answered. I have not answered the question on recommending or not Six Star Cruises, because on previous experience I would have given 8 or 9, but on my present experience, only 3.
Thanks for your review, we’re sorry that you’ve experienced difficulties on this occasion. So we can look into your case in more details and contact you directly, please can you email us at customerrelations@worldtravelholdings.co.uk so we can escalate your concerns to our Customer Service Management team. Many thanks.
I booked with Six Star Cruises based on their best price guarantee. Some three weeks later I saw an advert from another cruise specialist offering the cruise for quite a bit less. This price also included 10% reduction for early payment when I had been told that this particular offer was not available on this cruise. To be fair, I believe Seabourn made the mistake by telling my Six Star concierge on two occasions that the offer wasn’t available and it was only due to persistence that we achieved the discount. I found it extremely difficult to access customer services ( waited 97 minutes before finally getting through only to be cut off) as so many staff are furloughed. I understand the need for this but it does make it very difficult for your customers. When I phoned the other cruise specialists who were offering the same cruise for a discounted price I got through immediately. In the end I agreed to accept Six Star’s reduced price even though I could have saved a further 5% with the other company but the only way I could do this was by dropping the ‘package element’ which included flights and a two night stay in Miami which was disappointing.
As an established customer of quite a few years, initially I was frustrated at the time it took to book a cruise that you had 'offered'. My lovely personal concierge had been furloughed , and I felt that I was passed around and no-one seemed to want to take my booking! It seemed that you had left insufficient staff available to both answer refund queries, and take bookings. I waited over 5 hours for someone to contact me! Luckily we then got Lisa. An 'old hand', who steadied the boat and handled the booking perfectly. So FIVE PLUS for Lisa and around 1 for the rest of your system.
Whilst i have no problem with six star per se, i have a major problem with Regent's behaviour at this difficult time.In particular their refusal to carry over our on board credits as we amended our booking to 2021. They are now offering us1000 credits on all new bookings. I believe they are totally out of order and should be reported for sharp practice.
Very good support from Mathew the travel consultant. However the end result in pricing was no different from what I could have achieved myself. I didn't see any benefit on this occasion in consolidating the whole package with Six Star beyond just paying a deposit to secure the holiday against paying the whole cost up front
Many thanks for taking the time to submit your review with your kind comments about Matthew. When booking with Six Star Cruises, we provide a Concierge Service throughout your journey with us - Which includes, our concierges looking after your booking and making sure your holiday runs smoothly. You can contact your concierge at any time with any questions/enquiries regarding your booking with Six Star Cruises. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact your Cruise Concierge or our Customer Service Team on 08082747745.
We are very impressed by the service we have received so far. This is the first time we have booked with yourselves and anytime we have phoned we have had great service from whoever answered the phone. A special thank you to Andrew who dealt with our enquiry and subsequent booking in such a friendly and professional manner. We are impressed and would certainly recommend and use six star cruises again in the future!
Many thanks for taking the time to email us with your kind comments about Andrew. We work extremely hard here at Cruise 118 to ensure that our service is both exceptional and consistent and, so it is always a pleasure to hear that our hard work has been recognised. Once again sincere thanks for taking the time to contact us, please be assured that Andrew will be recognised for the service he has provided.
This is our second booking with Stacey who is always very helpful and informative. Can’t fault the service of Six Star
Thank you for your review. It's fantastic to hear that you are pleased with the helpful and informative service that you have received from Stacey. We hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise!
Booking was acceptble, the staff on board relies too heavily on the client doing the research as to destinatio,n cabin configurations and ports. Staff should be absolutely transparent with the guest as to position/layout of laundry, staircases and staff entrance and exit in use 24 hours, your staff glossed ouver these details unless pressed.
Good Afternoon, Thank you for your review. Here at Six Star Cruises we strive to give the best possible service and appreciate your feedback. We are sorry that you are unhappy, If you would like to contact our customer relations department on 0207 1388302 and we will be happy to discuss any problems you may have encountered. We value your business and are working hard to earn your continued patronage, we hope you will give us the opportunity to do so.
I have booked three cruises with Six Star, and while i am reasonably satisfied I am a little disappointed more recently in some of the response times to requests for information compared to other companies I have used in the past. My time is valuable and I don’t want to spend hours waiting around for callbacks. While I’m not complaining, I just felt your response times are not as outstanding as your mantra would suggest, it was just ok. For example after calling about suite upgrades, I was told my concierge was busy but the consultant would send her a message to call me back. This did not happen so after a couple of hours I called again. Again, I was told my consultant was just coming off the phone and would call me in about ten minutes. After an hour or so waiting, I was about to call the cruise company direct when I noticed the consultant had emailed me rather than calling. This was frustrating as I was expecting a call back rather than email. I also requested information about drinks packages but didn’t think the consultant was particularly knowledgeable about this and actually got more accurate information online from the cruise company! As I mentioned, your service is OK but not outstanding so I’m only providing this feedback to help you address these issues. I do think your concierge staff are very friendly and willing to help. They just need to understand that your competition are always very quick in responding and I think this is important! It’s not always about price.
Thank you for your review, Six star cruises are a customer focused company and feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer. We are glad that you found the concierge staff friendly and willing to help. Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered regarding the delays with your call backs. We value your business and are working hard to earn your continued patronage, We hope you will give us the opportunity to do. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries
Booking was no problem 5* for that. But to only be told 1.1/2 das before travelling that your cruise is now not a cruise. Not happy. Unable to book anything else because of the time. Appreciate that water levels are not controllable but the problem did not occur overnight.
We totally appreciate how frustrating it must have been to have your cruise cancelled at such a late date. I can assure you that as soon as we were informed by Emerald that your cruise was no longer operating, due to the low water levels, we contacted you. Due to the very nature of the problem the cruise lines have been holding off cancellations as the situation could have changed had it rained sufficiently to operate the cruise. Thank you for booking us as we value your custom.
They were friendly and approachable - even if the required follow-through and care given / attention to detail was poor. Knowledgeable about the itinerary, but perhaps at the expense of other important aspects. I've learned that for complex inquiries you still have to take the initiative and do the due diligence and proactive work yourself!
Thank you Jan Mulders for your feedback. I am sorry that you have had a negative experience with ourselves. As a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us. We will ensure that this feedback is taken on board to help us improve our service in the future.
The booking process excellent and prompt, however since booking a couple of small queries via email have not been answered, very disappointing - seems a bit like, you now have our money and now can’t be bothered to look after your customers
Thank you for your review Mr Colin Miller. I am very sorry to hear a couple of small queries have not been answered to via email, this is very disappointing. Would you please be kind enough to forward the queries to my email address at kimberley.whitehead@sixstarcruises.co.uk Kind regards Kimberley
Poor booking experience. Wrote & tried to call MD in order to resolve problems. Received phone call in reply informing me that he was too busy to deal with complaints. The situation was eventually sorted by Kelly but left me with a negative impression of the company. Looks like a not too well trained sales machine.
Thank you for your review I am sorry to hear you that you're booking experience has not met you're expectations, although i am pleased to hear that Kelly was able to assist you. If you wish to discuss please contact our Customer Relations team and we will look into this further for you. Kind regards For and on behalf of WTH (UK) LTD Chelsie Foster Customer Relations Manager
Few things that were not what we expected, and a few things still to sort.... watch this space hopefully overall it will turn out good..
Six Star Cruises is rated 4.78 based on 3,273 reviews