Six Star Cruises Reviews

of reviewers recommend Six Star Cruises
Read Six Star Cruises Reviews

feedback@sixstarcruises.co.uk

Tell us how Six Star Cruises made you happy
Difficult to contact. Take ages to respond to emails. Seems like anything other than booking a new cruise is of no importance to them
After booking the replacement Cruise approx 2 weeks ago we are still waiting for written confirmation and booking ref. Throughout this whole process we have found it almost impossible to speak to someone with it taking many attempts on the phone, then after speaking to someone the outcome has not been carried through as identified.
Specialist Service Concierge, Danielle Wynn when concluding my cancellation arrangements was patient, courteous, helpful, efficient and very professional. Could not have been better in sharp contrast to contacts during previous 4 weeks trying get other than conflicting information and having to get in touch with Oveania in order to clarify information received.

Frank Benson
Be warned! We have decided not to take a couple of cruises we have booked. At first they said we would loose all the deposit, despite the cruise line taking nothing as the cruise is a year away. This was then changed to £150/person/cruise + £29.99 charge. So they want £600+ and the cruise line itself takes nothing. I have been told this will be waved if we book another cruise.

We are a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.

We are sorry that you have had to cancel a couple of cruises. Our cancellation charges are £150 pp plus £29.99 booking fee as per our terms and conditions. Although we charge a cancellation fee we issue a future cruise deposit to this value to be used on your next booking. The deposit does not have an expiry date and can be transferred to another person if required.

We value your business and are working hard to earn your continued patronage, We hope you will give us the opportunity to do.

Customer Relations Executive
Note, no comment from sixstar regarding my review....
Booked a cruise and paid deposit. Then found I couldn’t obtain reasonable travel insurance for the countries on itinerary.
Phoned only two hours after booking to cancel. Told I would lose ALL of our deposit, or £250 if we booked another cruise with Regent.
Frightened into booking alternative cruise with Regent. In the end, no deposit lost but a salutary experience.
The concierge has been as helpful as she could have been.
But, would not book through Six Star again. Also, they have not been willing to honour the ‘lowest price’ guarantee.
Thank you for your review, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with Six Star cruises, we pride ourselves on delivering a remarkable experience however having read your comments it is clear you do not feel this is the case, therefore a thorough investigation is needed, I will contact you direct in this regard.
The concierge has been as helpful as she could have been.
Good Evening,

Thank you for your feedback, I hope this reply finds you well.

Here at Cruise 118 we strive to give the best possible service and appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were unable to attain a visa after booking your Regent Cruise.

If you would like to contact us directly to discuss further please see our details as follows:

PreTravelCustomerRelations@cruise118.com

We are in the office Monday to Friday from 9am.

Customer Relations
Superb Seabourn cruise very badly messed up by Six Star Cruises and their delegated suppliers who we found (when our tickets arrived) were not Seabourn. When our travel companions could not travel due to emergency surgery days before travel, they advised Six Star Cruises of the situation out of courtesy. Even though our travel companions received no refund from Six Star, Six Star sought to optimise their profit by cancelling our companion’s pre-cruise hotel stay. Something got lost in translation and we landed in Barbados to find our own room cancelled as well and the hotel fully booked! That aside, we had thought our transfers and hotel were all through Seabourn but they were in fact of substantially lesser quality and poorly thought through. For example, Six Star had arranged for us to be picked up at the hotel at 5:00pm when all aboard was at 5:00pm! We re-arranged this the previous day ourselves and were of course entitled to have lunch on board. Six Star did not have a 24 hour 7 day service and we were stranded and left to re-arrange things ourselves and we found Six Star Cruises singularly unapologetic and wholly un-remorseful on our return home. Sorry but this is a two star travel agency.
Thank you for your review, we are a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.
I am pleased to read that the Seabourn cruise was superb and that despite the other problems you incurred you enjoyed your cruise. At the time of booking it was explained that Six Star cruises use The Cruise Club to book package holidays and this was reflected in the documents sent to you. By using the Cruise Club we can ensure our customers receive the best deal available and your holiday is ATOL bonded. This also allows us to dynamically package our customers holiday to their personal requirements thus receiving the best possible prices.

I am sorry that your companions had to cancel last minute due to emergency surgery. We cancelled the unrequired room as a courtesy to the hotel & our supplier and we did not make any profit from this transaction. Our supplier had already been paid for the room as per our contract with them and the room was non-refundable. Unfortunately, when cancelling your companions’ room, your room was cancelled in error. I understand this caused a lot of upset and inconvenience and I would like to apologise again for the error. Our supplier has admitted the error and compensation has been offered however if you are unhappy with the amount offered please contact us directly to discuss further.

We booked the transfers at the time we thought appropriate as the cruise departed in the evening. Although we do not have a 24 hour 7 day emergency number all our suppliers do and their emergency numbers are listed on the travel vouchers provided.

I am saddened to read that you feel we were unapologetic and un-remorseful however I can see that we have been in contact with you throughout your holiday and we have apologised several times. Please can I assure you Six Star Cruises is committed to providing exceptional of standard service and it is important to us that each of our customers receives the service that exceeds his or her expectations, whilst we recognise there is nothing we can do at this point to change what occurred on this occasion we have offered you compensation in the hope of restoring your good faith in our company.

Customer Relations
Poor booking experience compared to previously, would be hard to recommend you.

Here at Six Star Cruises we strive to give the best possible service and appreciate your feedback.

Decide in haste and repent at leisure, we had second thoughts about our cruise, and wanted to cancel it 14 hours after booking it. Pity it was late Friday evening as nothing could be done this Monday with the cancellation team. Bottom line loss of our £1400 deposit!

Disappointing

We are sorry that you are unhappy, If you would like to contact our customer relations department on 0207 1388302 and we will be happy to discuss any problems you may have encountered. We value your business and are working hard to earn your continued patronage, we hope you will give us the opportunity to do so.
Given wrong information . Misleading, and frustrating .I Have booked several holidays with Six star , usually with Moira , and always has a very professional experience, and trusted that everything was dealt with efficiently. This time it was very messy, and mistakes were made. Dissapointed ☹️
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear your experience has not been as efficient as previous bookings. We value your business and are working hard to earn your continued patronage, We hope you will give us the opportunity to do so.

If you would like to discuss anything in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact us at pretravelcustomerrelations@cruise118.com

Customer Relations Team.
Good service. Very friendly. Thanks a lot.doreen
Thank you for your review Doreen. It is such a pleasure to receive your comments and confirmation of our exceptional service.

Thank you again for your booking with Six Star Cruises.
We used them twice. The first time they didn't contact us to advise our flight had been cancelled. We had to find our own replacement flight, and got a taxi from Gatwick to Heathrow. They paid up, but we weren't impressed.
The second time, we gave them another chance, but it wasn't a great experience. The holiday info arrived after the trip, sent 2nd class, and although we cancelled the transfers, we weren't given a full refund. So for the sake of £50, they have now lost us as a customer.
Thank you for your comments Jacqueline, although this is clearly not the feedback we are either expecting or indeed used to receiving, we do appreciate you taking the time to review our service. Even though our overall score indicates that we offer great service on the majority of occasions, we try to never become complacent and constantly look for opportunity to improve even further. Clearly something has gone very wrong on this occasion which will be investigated. If you would be good enough to drop me an email directly with further details re this disappointing experience, I would be very grateful. My email address is sara.creeney@worldtravelholdings.co.uk. Many Thanks, Sara
Haven't gone on the cruise yet I depart in 28 days time.But judging by the basic tickets and confirmation paperwork that I've received today in the Second Class post today it leaves me feeling cold and unimpressed that I might be in for a poor experience. The paperwork was printed so small I had to use a magnifying glass to read it. The luggage tickets were non existent. One sheet printed in Black and white ink that one is expected to photocopy then fold in an origami fashion and placing to your suitcase handle staple it to secure it. Who carries a staple gun in their handbag before embarking on a ship? It suggests you photocopy the one copy they've sent me and to do it in colour yet they send it to the me in Back and white. Is it too much to expect 4 decent sturdy made luggage tags with the tickets in a presentation box or at least 1st class to set the tone of the adventure I'm about to embark on. The presentation of my so called tickets and paperwork looks cheap and shoddy, lets hope the cruise isn't of the same standard. Having previously felt excited about my trip I now feel anxious and apprehensive now as I feel this has set the bar and tone of things to come.
Thank you for your feedback. Firstly we are very sorry to hear of your disappointment. I do totally understand your point of view however sadly the standard of the documentation does vary from cruise line to cruise line, as an agent for each cruise line we are obligated to send all documentation on regardless. Having said that this is something that we are looking at internally following similar feedback. it does only affect a handful of cruise lines particularly in the luxury sector however we are in agreement with you that this is a few too many.. I can advise that each cruise line can and will apply luggage tags at the port side so please do not worry about the DIY version. Have a lovely holiday, I am pretty certain that this will not affect the overall enjoyment of your cruise.
No receipt or information supplied until final balance was due. M.D. does not accept calls. Wrong details given by the company to the cruise line.
Going back to our reputable travel agent, no answering machines no mistakes.
Poor after-sales service. My impression was once I paid the money, that was that!
Although it was suggested at booking, e-tickets would be sent, they were not. I had to ring to ask. The tickets arrived the day the ship left - surely the despacher should have noticed they might not reach us?
Dreadful website of excursion provider - the 10 tours from Rome included 6 airport transfers and the filters did not work. I spent a long time trying to find something which was available - but I had no problem booking with Seabourn.
No pre-or post travel phone call (yet!)
Dear Mrs Payne

Please rest assured that the points you have raised in your review have been looked into and addressed.
Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered.

Customer Relations
Up to booking the holiday all went well. Richard Wishaw was very helpful. However, once we had made a deposit the support went downhill! We received a basic breakdown of the itinerary which ended with a note saying we should contact Richard immediately if we had any queries. We did have a few questions, so phoned to speak to Richard. We were told he would be in later in the week and he would phone is on the Friday 23rd sept. He did not. We phoned at the weekend & spoke to Donna who was helpful. She said she would email Richard re our queries as he was'taking over management responsibilities so would contact us probably on Monday.' It is now Tuesday night no contact so far....
Communication and interaction with Six star difficult.

Tried to make contact with Six star on return but little interest shown.

Several shortcomings but no interest shown in our attempts for discussion.
Six Star Cruises is rated 4.78 based on 3,143 reviews