Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

Tell us how Sharps Bedrooms made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Mcleman
"Fantastic well built! No fuss, 200% satisfied would nit hesitate to use again, would request same fitter ! Brilliant now I see the difference from all the rest. It’s perfect for a small room."
Carey
"I had the Shaker wardrobes in white. I am so happy with the work that has been done the look stunning. Mark the fitter was exceptional. Great job thank you"
C Johnston
"From design visit to installation Sharps have provided excellent service. The designer was very helpful at providing advice. The surveyor was excellent, ensuring that the solution we chose was suitable and met out needs. The delivery guys carried a lot of kit up 2 flights of stairs and were careful and considerate at all times. The fitter, Chris was superb. He worked like a Trojan to ensure that our wardrobes were well fitted. He consulted us at every move, being prepared to modify the set up to meet our storage needs. He let us hang clothes and measure shelves so that we got the most from the space. Unfortunately there was a slight manufacturers flaw with one of the doors, but it was literally delivered a couple of days later and Chris came to fit it. He also asked if we’d had any second thoughts about the layout as he was prepared to change anything if we wanted. Yes Sharps are expensive in comparison to high street stores, but we have used every inch of the space and the customer service has been second to none."
"The surveyor was late and, despite being given my partners number who waiting at home called me at work."
"everyone arrived as planned. The surveyor took ages to design the 2 rooms we were having work done in. he only knew about one room and then wanted to come back again for another marathon design. Materials arrived but were put in the wrong place. The installer came and found he had only been told about one room. Shame. Lovely product and excellent fitting but totally disorganised and stressful. I complained and Sharpes promised to call back and never bothered....I emailed the office about the situation and they never bothered to call back either."
"Design visit was good when it happened but was cancelled with no notice when originally scheduled, meaning I had taken time off work unnecessarily. Very disappointed by this experience and was told that it was unavoidable due to the designer having to go home sick. This was not the case as the designer told me when he did visit that he had just overrun at another appointment. Would be best if customer service didn’t lie to customers."
"I never write reviews because I can never be bothered, however Sharps merit a review. The job was to build in a walk in wardrobe into the angled roof in a former bungalow. Initial visits were fine, surveyor arrived and did his stuff , everything good . Delivery of all parts on time as scheduled. Pity their computer cannot understand the design as huge amounts of excess surplus materials also delivered. Chris the fitter arrived on time , he had been allocated 3 days , but finished in two. It was then apparent how awful his work was, he cut everything with a jigsaw! So the cuts were not straight, margins Chewed up really horrendous. He must have tried to cut track in wrong place, then cut in correct place, but thought it was ok to leave sharp edges just sticking out. It is difficult to describe how bad the work was. After complaint, manager arrived next day. Agreed that work was awful, we stated his options either completely re do , forego the 10% outstanding. Or remove and refund. We agreed to give them another chance. Took several weeks but it was Christmas. Different fitter, we had told them under no circumstances send the first joke of a fitter. Second man, Dale was excellent. Did the job properly to a very high standard. Overall now very happy, just a pity for their reputation that they saw fit to send someone who was so bad as a fitter. Overall the customer service was fine, they responded to phone calls promptly and reacted when moaned at. First set of sliding doors also had been made wrong size for the “hole”as well!,"
"I haven't even had them fitted yet and I'm losing the will to live. What I have to do to satisfy Sharps: 1. Pay another builder to remove current wardrobe doors and archatrade, then re-plaster gap and decorate to a smooth finish in there. 2. Lift carpet. 3. Clear all furniture out of room including a SuperKing size steel bed? 4. Decorate wardrobe space before Sharps fit. 5. Have one bedroom out of action for nearly a week as the wardrobe packs are delivered on a Wednesday for a Fitter to install the following Tuesday. This is all after a conflict between designer who said I could have pull down rails, and the surveyor who said I can't. Once they've finished I have to get rid of the packaging !!! If I had known all this at the start I wouldn't have proceeded. Strongly recommend you look for someone else before engaging with Sharps."
"We contacted Sharps and a designer called Martin came to start the process. We needed deeper than normal wardrobes and was told this would not be a problem. We saw the plans and were happy to order the wardrobes. BIG MISTAKE. After they were fitted (they looked really good) BUT they were not made to the 650mm internal depth that we had agreed. They were finished at 650mm external depth , about the size or a ready made wardrobe. After contacting Sharps they said we had misunderstood the plans and that they were fitted correctly, they even had the cheek to ask for final payment which was only to be made if completely satisfied. The designer Martin totally backtracked and denied he had agreed to have the wardrobes deeper than usual. Why would we pay £2,400 for quite basic bespoke wardrobes when we could have purchased standard wardrobes anywhere for a fraction of the cost. After 2 months of letters,calls and emails to customer service manager Eleanor O’flaherty Sharps have today increased the depth as a ‘ goodwill gesture’ free of charge still saying that the wardrobes were fitted correctly. I would never use or recommend Sharps to anyone . If you ever use them ...check every last munute detail and have everything in writing do not trust any verbal converstion ."
"2 Stars - Great wardrobes, awful customer service. Fantastic wardrobes, however ultimately I am left with a sour taste and won't be returning nor recommending sharps to anyone. Unfortunately it is the customer service which lets this company down. Sharps customer agents were quite rude on the phone yet their actual workmen and surveyors 'the face of the company' are more than pleasant. The night before installation, I was notified less than 12 hours before, that fitting had been delayed a full 24 hours due to another job going wrong (is this my fault?). Being a contractor having to take another day off at no fault of my own I was left out of pocket. I could sympathize if Sharps had provided me two days notice or more. I find it unacceptable to be told such news mere hours before fitting. What makes it worse was to be told the most they could compensate was £25!? I have just paid close to £4000 on wardrobes and the most a large business such as Sharps can provide is a complimentary £25? Sharps will not budge on their stance, as being unable to cover loss of earnings because of a fault they caused, not the customer! So beware if you are a contractor / independent worker!"
"Went into a show room just to look at quality if doors as thinking about it. Made it clear that due to being on maternity I wasnt in a position to go ahead. Was pushed into booking a designer to come out. Designer arrived 2 weeks later as planned and looked at what I had and said basically it's not worth paying around £3k for a few extra inches of space. Waste of time for everyone involved. Will be looking for a local joiner."
"Not very impressed as it took a lot longer than planned and I did not get the handles I asked for. I did get a bit of money off but I still thought it could have been a bit better as I spent a lot of money."
"We visited the showroom and they were really helpful and nice. We booked our appointment with the "designer" and on the agreed date we took the train to meet at the new house (we don't live there yet). While on the train, we get a call we couldn't answer and a few minutes later a text saying that the "designer" had issues with the car so we had to re-schedule. Assuming it was the truth, these are things that happen, but contingencies are to be taken into account, so taxis are to be considered as options. We wasted time and money for an appointment that never happened. The next day the showroom called to ask me what happened, which was nice of them. But for obvious reasons, if the first appointment is not reliable, this means that we cannot trust Sharps for the overall work. Good luck."
"Nothing has gone wrong yet. Having made all the necessary arrangements and paid 25% deposit we have just received a phonecall asking us to change the date(which is not possible due to hospitalisation) then we were informed the delivery date could not be guaranteed(it is crucial as our house has one small bedroom in addition to the the main one that will be fitted. There is no storage space and we will be sleeping on a mattress in our front room whilst the work is carried out. Now we are filled with fear and trepidation over how this project will be completed. Do they appreciate how nervous septuagenarians are? This brings all our insecurities and health problems into stark relief. I hope they do the work as promised."
"Pressure selling, unhappy with whole experience. Wish I’d not bothered"
"Drawing not to scale for the height of the doors. Fitting date mentioned to us not a delivery date - assumed doors will be delivered on fitting date."
"Design did not actually fit!"
"The designer and the surveyor and head office staff were great. My delivery didn't turn up when first booked, so that wasted half a day out of work. When it was rescheduled, the fitter turned up but the materials didn't, so they had to book in another day for fitting... more time off work, more expense in permits for the fitter and just all round shoddy. Eventually had an text from the fitter to say that he had finished, but the wardrobe rail would be arriving in the post on Saturday! I had to cancel my plans for the weekend, waste a train ticket and wait in until the rail arrived. Also overpriced in my opinion. I wont be using Sharps again."
"Paid for a white glove service, received a mickey mouse one. The people responsible for the delivery didn't know how to deliver the pieces, the person responsible to fitting it behaved like he lived in my place. Arrived whenever was suitable for him and worked the hours that suited him. Complaint to Sharps and after 2 weeks chasing, received a very poor response as the first person I complaint to took no notes. Embarrassing and want to let EVERYONE know that it's not good value for money and it's not a John Lewis kind of service."
"have used Sharps previously, so went to them again for a similar installation in a different room. They were unable to match the existing fitment and the quality is not as good as the original. Sharps should stop promising to supply to your exact requirements (in this case failing to match thier own previous installation) In addition to this, all of the waste materials generated during the installation were left in the front garden."
"Stress all round. Surveyor contradicted the salesman's design. Delayed twice on the fit (after making work arrangements around it), Left all their mess and materials outside our house for a week - and only got it removed after numerous calls. The women in the Wolverhampton office was rude, unhelpful and unapologetic on all their mistakes. Not worth the price. Big mistake as will be going elsewhere for the other rooms"
"Sharps seems to find internal communication difficult and has delivery staff that are extremely rude. Having ordered a wardrobe, I telephoned to explain that, on the day of delivery, I would not be available but my wife would, albeit she would be a couple of miles away at my daughter's house. I gave them a landline number that she could be contacted on, as my mobile would be switched off. On the day of delivery, several attempts were made to contact me on my mobile, despite me telling them that it would be switched off. No attempt was made to contact my wife until after the delivery lorry had arrived at the delivery address and departed again. Eventually, the penny dropped and Sharps made contact with my wife and she arrived at the delivery address within 10-15 minutes, as had been arranged previously. Having returned to the delivery address, the delivery personnel were very rude, speaking no more than 10 words to my wife, none of which included "please" or "thank you". They demanded money which had already been paid and, when my wife explained, they made a telephone call to confirm that this was indeed the case. No apology was forthcoming, however. When I returned home to hear this tale of woe, I complained to Sharps who, to be fair, did send my wife some flowers by way of apology. They also telephoned my daughter (why?) to confirm that they did have the correct telephone number for the day of delivery but failed to use it. Then the installer failed to arrive on the day of installation. We were contacted early in the day to inform us of this, but another day had to be arranged for installation. It seems that Sharps have not heard about dustsheets, as a great deal of sawdust was left after installation, both in the room and the full length of the stairs. The fact that Sharps gives such awful service is such a shame, as the product itself is great."
"rude service, don't call back when they promise they will, leave their heavy rubbish in the middle of the room. still haven't manage to get one of their guys to come and collect it."
Sharps Bedrooms is rated 3.99 based on 2,068 reviews