Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

camberley.directsales@sharps-mail.co.uk

Tell us how Sharps Bedrooms made you happy
The sales pitch is very slick but unfortunately you have to pay quite a high deposit on the day ("to secure the area discount") so you're really unable to back out when the poor customer service starts after that. We advised the salesman at the time of buying that we wouldn't be able to have the wardrobe fitted until after 5 weeks time as we were getting our bedroom painted first. We were told by the salesman that this wouldn't be a problem, and again were told the same by the surveyor that came to measure the room. However, the sales team are unable to book delivery/fitting that far in advance and offer no flexibility at all. This meant that a few weeks afterwards we received a call advising us that we were booked in for delivery the one week we had told Sharps from the very outset that we couldn't do. When we told them this, the best they could offer was a further 6 weeks down the line (although they couldn't confirm exact dates that far in advance). It took 5 phone calls back and forth to get this brought forward even a couple of weeks. We were also under the impression that delivery and fitting would only take a couple of days. However, the salesman neglected to tell us that delivery is always the week before fitting - effectively meaning the room is unusable for a week. Overall - poor customer service, expensive, and we would not use again.
Lack of after sales service. Hated one of the wardrobe set ups from when it was fitted. Hinges broken and I rarely use the door. So disappointed. Wouldn't buy from them again.
Good quality product and fitted well but shocking customer service. Some parts were damaged that the fitter noticed. Waited all day for parts to turn up to be told when I rang them that there had been a mix up. They then sent the fitter the fit the parts that wernt delivered yet. The seat pad was then made the wrong size so had to wait another 2 weeks. In total I wasted 2 days waiting around for no reason to then to be told the best they can do as compensation in £150 off. The communication was dreadful, we were constantly chasing things up our end but they called straight away when payment was due. For the amount of money we spent we expected good customer service and it was far from it. Wouldn’t recommend.
The surveyor was late and, despite being given my partners number who waiting at home called me at work.
everyone arrived as planned. The surveyor took ages to design the 2 rooms we were having work done in. he only knew about one room and then wanted to come back again for another marathon design. Materials arrived but were put in the wrong place. The installer came and found he had only been told about one room. Shame. Lovely product and excellent fitting but totally disorganised and stressful. I complained and Sharpes promised to call back and never bothered....I emailed the office about the situation and they never bothered to call back either.
Design visit was good when it happened but was cancelled with no notice when originally scheduled, meaning I had taken time off work unnecessarily. Very disappointed by this experience and was told that it was unavoidable due to the designer having to go home sick. This was not the case as the designer told me when he did visit that he had just overrun at another appointment. Would be best if customer service didn’t lie to customers.
I never write reviews because I can never be bothered, however Sharps merit a review. The job was to build in a walk in wardrobe into the angled roof in a former bungalow. Initial visits were fine, surveyor arrived and did his stuff , everything good . Delivery of all parts on time as scheduled. Pity their computer cannot understand the design as huge amounts of excess surplus materials also delivered. Chris the fitter arrived on time , he had been allocated 3 days , but finished in two. It was then apparent how awful his work was, he cut everything with a jigsaw! So the cuts were not straight, margins Chewed up really horrendous. He must have tried to cut track in wrong place, then cut in correct place, but thought it was ok to leave sharp edges just sticking out. It is difficult to describe how bad the work was. After complaint, manager arrived next day. Agreed that work was awful, we stated his options either completely re do , forego the 10% outstanding. Or remove and refund. We agreed to give them another chance. Took several weeks but it was Christmas. Different fitter, we had told them under no circumstances send the first joke of a fitter. Second man, Dale was excellent. Did the job properly to a very high standard. Overall now very happy, just a pity for their reputation that they saw fit to send someone who was so bad as a fitter. Overall the customer service was fine, they responded to phone calls promptly and reacted when moaned at. First set of sliding doors also had been made wrong size for the “hole”as well!,
I haven't even had them fitted yet and I'm losing the will to live. What I have to do to satisfy Sharps: 1. Pay another builder to remove current wardrobe doors and archatrade, then re-plaster gap and decorate to a smooth finish in there. 2. Lift carpet. 3. Clear all furniture out of room including a SuperKing size steel bed? 4. Decorate wardrobe space before Sharps fit. 5. Have one bedroom out of action for nearly a week as the wardrobe packs are delivered on a Wednesday for a Fitter to install the following Tuesday. This is all after a conflict between designer who said I could have pull down rails, and the surveyor who said I can't. Once they've finished I have to get rid of the packaging !!! If I had known all this at the start I wouldn't have proceeded. Strongly recommend you look for someone else before engaging with Sharps.
We contacted Sharps and a designer called Martin came to start the process. We needed deeper than normal wardrobes and was told this would not be a problem. We saw the plans and were happy to order the wardrobes. BIG MISTAKE. After they were fitted (they looked really good) BUT they were not made to the 650mm internal depth that we had agreed. They were finished at 650mm external depth , about the size or a ready made wardrobe. After contacting Sharps they said we had misunderstood the plans and that they were fitted correctly, they even had the cheek to ask for final payment which was only to be made if completely satisfied. The designer Martin totally backtracked and denied he had agreed to have the wardrobes deeper than usual. Why would we pay £2,400 for quite basic bespoke wardrobes when we could have purchased standard wardrobes anywhere for a fraction of the cost. After 2 months of letters,calls and emails to customer service manager Eleanor O’flaherty Sharps have today increased the depth as a ‘ goodwill gesture’ free of charge still saying that the wardrobes were fitted correctly. I would never use or recommend Sharps to anyone . If you ever use them ...check every last munute detail and have everything in writing do not trust any verbal converstion .
2 Stars - Great wardrobes, awful customer service. Fantastic wardrobes, however ultimately I am left with a sour taste and won't be returning nor recommending sharps to anyone. Unfortunately it is the customer service which lets this company down. Sharps customer agents were quite rude on the phone yet their actual workmen and surveyors 'the face of the company' are more than pleasant. The night before installation, I was notified less than 12 hours before, that fitting had been delayed a full 24 hours due to another job going wrong (is this my fault?). Being a contractor having to take another day off at no fault of my own I was left out of pocket. I could sympathize if Sharps had provided me two days notice or more. I find it unacceptable to be told such news mere hours before fitting. What makes it worse was to be told the most they could compensate was £25!? I have just paid close to £4000 on wardrobes and the most a large business such as Sharps can provide is a complimentary £25? Sharps will not budge on their stance, as being unable to cover loss of earnings because of a fault they caused, not the customer! So beware if you are a contractor / independent worker!
Went into a show room just to look at quality if doors as thinking about it. Made it clear that due to being on maternity I wasnt in a position to go ahead. Was pushed into booking a designer to come out. Designer arrived 2 weeks later as planned and looked at what I had and said basically it's not worth paying around £3k for a few extra inches of space. Waste of time for everyone involved. Will be looking for a local joiner.
Not very impressed as it took a lot longer than planned and I did not get the handles I asked for. I did get a bit of money off but I still thought it could have been a bit better as I spent a lot of money.
We visited the showroom and they were really helpful and nice. We booked our appointment with the "designer" and on the agreed date we took the train to meet at the new house (we don't live there yet). While on the train, we get a call we couldn't answer and a few minutes later a text saying that the "designer" had issues with the car so we had to re-schedule. Assuming it was the truth, these are things that happen, but contingencies are to be taken into account, so taxis are to be considered as options. We wasted time and money for an appointment that never happened. The next day the showroom called to ask me what happened, which was nice of them. But for obvious reasons, if the first appointment is not reliable, this means that we cannot trust Sharps for the overall work. Good luck.
Nothing has gone wrong yet. Having made all the necessary arrangements and paid 25% deposit we have just received a phonecall asking us to change the date(which is not possible due to hospitalisation) then we were informed the delivery date could not be guaranteed(it is crucial as our house has one small bedroom in addition to the the main one that will be fitted. There is no storage space and we will be sleeping on a mattress in our front room whilst the work is carried out. Now we are filled with fear and trepidation over how this project will be completed. Do they appreciate how nervous septuagenarians are? This brings all our insecurities and health problems into stark relief. I hope they do the work as promised.
Pressure selling, unhappy with whole experience. Wish I’d not bothered
Drawing not to scale for the height of the doors. Fitting date mentioned to us not a delivery date - assumed doors will be delivered on fitting date.
Design did not actually fit!
The designer and the surveyor and head office staff were great. My delivery didn't turn up when first booked, so that wasted half a day out of work. When it was rescheduled, the fitter turned up but the materials didn't, so they had to book in another day for fitting... more time off work, more expense in permits for the fitter and just all round shoddy. Eventually had an text from the fitter to say that he had finished, but the wardrobe rail would be arriving in the post on Saturday! I had to cancel my plans for the weekend, waste a train ticket and wait in until the rail arrived. Also overpriced in my opinion. I wont be using Sharps again.
Paid for a white glove service, received a mickey mouse one. The people responsible for the delivery didn't know how to deliver the pieces, the person responsible to fitting it behaved like he lived in my place. Arrived whenever was suitable for him and worked the hours that suited him. Complaint to Sharps and after 2 weeks chasing, received a very poor response as the first person I complaint to took no notes. Embarrassing and want to let EVERYONE know that it's not good value for money and it's not a John Lewis kind of service.
have used Sharps previously, so went to them again for a similar installation in a different room. They were unable to match the existing fitment and the quality is not as good as the original. Sharps should stop promising to supply to your exact requirements (in this case failing to match thier own previous installation) In addition to this, all of the waste materials generated during the installation were left in the front garden.
Sharps Bedrooms is rated 3.97 based on 2,130 reviews