Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

C Johnston
Sharps Bedrooms 5 star review on 28th April 2017
Sharps Bedrooms 5 star review on 31st March 2017
Diane Quadling
After 4 month of wait, my wardrobe was fitted last week. Wardrobe in design look great, but the installation is pathetic. 1) Alignment of out frame is poor. You don't expect that after spending almost £4k on wardrobe. 2) Mirror panel in 2 of the sliding door is lose and it will get worse by time 3) Shelves looks flimsy, not a quality you world expect from high-end company 3) Fitter let my room messy and dirty with saw dust 4) All shelves were full of saw dust, which i have to spend hours in cleaning. 5) Sliding door were dirty from inside, which i cant notice. when these door rubbed over my hanging clothes, it made all of them dirty. There are tough to clean as there is no space. when i reported this to sharps, the gentlemen asked me, why don't you clean yourself. Yes i cleaned it after paying hefty sum to you and requesting to clean areas where i can't reach. My suggestion, never go with Sharps, poor installation, poor customer service and poor quality.
Sales professional was excellent. Not pushy at all. The design visit following wasn't so great. He seemed impatient and used design jargon rather than layman's terms which made collaboration difficult. Maybe he was having a bad day.
Took ages to take their rubbish away. Took 3 months to install. Gave us a good initial price but after changing the order, price seemed very expensive. Poor customization options.
The designer was perfectly pleasant and drew up plans I was happy with, BUT he advised me of timelines that were grossly incorrect - meaning I'll have to wait an additional two months for installation. Had I known the true timeline before paying the deposit I likely would have looked elsewhere. Sharps is EXPENSIVE, but I paid the premium because I was promised installation within 6-7 weeks. I feel cheated. No-one at Sharps gives a sh*t. Still waiting for a call back from their customer services, it must be at least 3 weeks now. Not good enough Sharps.
Poor design. Made from cheap chipboard. Drawers not supported with spine for increased structure. Doors don't close properly. Would not buy from them again
The services had been satisfactory until I was calling the customer services line to understand a bit more of the so called "provisional installation week". I had called around 1ish and waited half an hour to have told that most of the staff are having lunch time. When I finally reached a member of staff around 3pm, I was told that they are unable to confirm the exact delivery and installation date until 2 weeks from the estimate, which is provisional. I was also asked NOT to call to follow up even if I don't receive a call by mid-June which is quite bizarre. The lady was quite unhelpful and raised her voice a bit - I was rather surprised given all I was expecting are the estimated delivery and installation dates so that I can arrange the schedule for other fitters and also to apply for a day off at work. This is totally not what I am expecting given the cost of the bespoke wardrobe and their positioning as a premium market player.
I will say that now they are finished I do like the look of my wardrobes, but the process was a complete nightmare. Fair enough, everything had to be taken out of the bedroom and distributed around the house. King sized mattress on the landing, etc. The job was meant to take two days so that would have been fine, but we had to live like that for FOUR weeks. The surveyor was incompetent. The two wardrobes were not positioned symmetrically on either side of the chimney breast, so the fitter had to move one of them. Then a side wall went into one of the wardrobes, which I had been specifically assured would not happen, blocking off some of the space to the side. That all took two weeks to resolve, with very poor communication about when the replacement parts would be delivered. As soon as it was signed off and I tried to put things in the wardrobes I found the integral shoe rack was unusable. Customer services only responded to my multiple calls and emails when I wrote a formal letter of complaint and threatened to take it further. Even then, they did not keep me in the loop. It was two more weeks before that was resolved and I could finally move things back in, because I did not know whether the remedial work would necessitate emptying the room again. Don’t believe the claim on the website that the parts arrive already cut to size. They don’t. There is industrial scale sawing and cutting, and the room is filled with sawdust. Then you have to dispose of the offcuts yourself. In our case, 5 heavy refuse sacks full. Take my advice, get a local joiner instead.
Not a great product for the price paid. The design to best utilize the space was very poor initially and had to have a fitter back to make "modifications" on what the designer had initially suggested. The first fitter also managed to damage the ceiling while fitting the door. Didnt even have the decency to own up to it which I probavly would of said not a prolem and repaired myself Size of exterior frame is way to big compared to other competitor wardrobes I've seen...total waste of space. Hinges are very poor quality, very small, constantly squeak even after lubricating, non adjustable, and dont allow the doors to fully close. Also the "wood" is just laminated chipboard. Not a bit of hardwood insight. Weve since had another room fitted by a rival local company. The rival was cheaper, produced a far superior design and end product for the same sized space. Wont be going back to sharps ever again.
delayed 5 times .eventually fitter came on the 16 th december.he then realised that a unit was missing. and other parts.was then delivered 3 days later , but it was not a big as the other units. was fobbed of with excuse ,well you have that bit more space near your door now. was not the point!!i would not recommend this company to any 1. we will not deal with them again.
Please don't use sharp from the salesman saying you can have any colour you want to the survey no we don't do that colour orders September doesn't get fitted till mid December there cancelled twice then the fitted came first but I had no delivery so he had to Waite and I was furious at the mess he left me with my whole was full of dust and dirt he never cleaned any thing up it took me three whole days to get my house back in order and for the wood left over l could of made a another wardrobe out of it will never use this company again and never recormend them to any one
The fitter was absolutely fantastic but Sharps customer service is woeful. We ordered in May and had the wardrobes built in... September. There was no attempt to explain the delays, get in touch, or communicate throughout the process. Design choices were made that were never explained (but these were obviously "my fault"), the rubbish left behind is IMMENSE (seriously, prepare yourself), and the same customer service who ignored me during the entire 4 month wait are now calling relentlessly for final payment. Expect to be ignored until they want your money. I would not use them again.
Bedroom furniture fine. Its taking to long to fit them. 2 days we were told. The fitter came one day but not the next came the next day and still hasn't finished. Coming bank holiday Monday now to finish off. He better do because a fitter is coming Tuesday to fit the laminate floor. Why one fitter and not two. Baffles me. As you can tell I'm not happy. If it isn't finished on Monday I will stall payments
Designer turned up without a correct measuring tool, didn’t actually measure. Told me what I could have, barely listening to what I could actually get, generally sounded unbelievably uninterested in being there, didn’t talk through any finishes, never showed me a final design, couldn’t have left fast enough and then slapped me with a 3k project where I wasn’t even sure what I was getting
Mr dudman we have just had a bedroom furniture fitted by them I must say there surveyor turned up with an awful attitude regarding our skillen ceilings saying oh I get the awkward jobs . Great attitude not then they sent out someone to oversee his work twice still not really explaining anything . Tried calling customer service who never seem to get back to you . And this all happened before covid 19 . We have finally had them fitted by a really nice person probably the only good thing about them was the fitter . Only we have to wait for doors to be made til they are complete . They are not forthcoming with information and really poor customer service so be warned there brochures look the part but the company is not . One unhappy customer.
Lots off money for poor quality chipboard Only one fitter working to a tight deadline & having to go & finish previous jobs Lots of chips made to finish on installation large chips glued back in place by fitter which we didn’t notice until he rushed off to the next job Left with all the rubbish & left over timber which took me 4 trips to the rubbish tip For wardrobes of £19600.00 before discounts this is appalling
A little bit disappointing. Designer didn't add any value to ideas put forward by myself. Also gave misleading information (e.g. advised that pull down rail couldn't exceed a certain height - the surveyor advised PDR could be any height. Agreed that I could fit 2 shelves at the top, surveyor advised that would not be possible given the space available and restrictions. Had to revise the whole layout on surveyor visit so felt that the designer visit was a bit pointless - just adding to the overall cost without adding any value.
The sales pitch is very slick but unfortunately you have to pay quite a high deposit on the day ("to secure the area discount") so you're really unable to back out when the poor customer service starts after that. We advised the salesman at the time of buying that we wouldn't be able to have the wardrobe fitted until after 5 weeks time as we were getting our bedroom painted first. We were told by the salesman that this wouldn't be a problem, and again were told the same by the surveyor that came to measure the room. However, the sales team are unable to book delivery/fitting that far in advance and offer no flexibility at all. This meant that a few weeks afterwards we received a call advising us that we were booked in for delivery the one week we had told Sharps from the very outset that we couldn't do. When we told them this, the best they could offer was a further 6 weeks down the line (although they couldn't confirm exact dates that far in advance). It took 5 phone calls back and forth to get this brought forward even a couple of weeks. We were also under the impression that delivery and fitting would only take a couple of days. However, the salesman neglected to tell us that delivery is always the week before fitting - effectively meaning the room is unusable for a week. Overall - poor customer service, expensive, and we would not use again.
Lack of after sales service. Hated one of the wardrobe set ups from when it was fitted. Hinges broken and I rarely use the door. So disappointed. Wouldn't buy from them again.
Good quality product and fitted well but shocking customer service. Some parts were damaged that the fitter noticed. Waited all day for parts to turn up to be told when I rang them that there had been a mix up. They then sent the fitter the fit the parts that wernt delivered yet. The seat pad was then made the wrong size so had to wait another 2 weeks. In total I wasted 2 days waiting around for no reason to then to be told the best they can do as compensation in £150 off. The communication was dreadful, we were constantly chasing things up our end but they called straight away when payment was due. For the amount of money we spent we expected good customer service and it was far from it. Wouldn’t recommend.
The surveyor was late and, despite being given my partners number who waiting at home called me at work.
Sharps Bedrooms is rated 3.92 based on 2,414 reviews