Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

C Johnston
Sharps Bedrooms 5 star review on 28th April 2017
Sharps Bedrooms 5 star review on 31st March 2017
Diane Quadling
Paid over £3000 for fitted wardrobes. Expensive but was happy to pay for quality. Left the installer to it and was shocked afterwards at the poor quality / untidiness of the work done. Pictures attached. Chased sharps to resolve the issues and will be seeking compensation. Not a happy customer. Would not recommend
CAVEAT EMPTOR (BUYER BEWARE) A terrible arrogant, and untrustworthy company one could ever wish to have dealings with. We were taken in by their mr Kevin Bradley sharps senior design consultant who visited our property as a salesman to quote for units and shelving to two rooms in our property. He was completely polite and courteous on his visit assuring us that the product was bespoke made and of good quality i.e as our kitchen that he spent time in during his visit i.e hardwood. We therefore proceeded with the order which was agreed at £12,000.00 which according to the salesman and in his words was fantastic value as believe it or not there is a promotion on at the moment ending soon of 50% thus meaning the real price was £24,000.00 what a bargain.??? So taken in by this catalogue of fairy tales and lies we placed the order paying a £6,000.00 deposit as per the terms of the contract on the day. Prior to mr Bradley leaving we reiterated once again the quality issue ,including showing him the hardwood top on the dresser in the kitchen and showing him the master bedroom hardwood tops which he verbally assured us would be the same no problem. On the visit of sharps surveyor 27 days later the first warning/ bombshell was given by this person that sharps do not fit hardwood tops however after contacting Bramley we were informed and decided to go with the tops being painted white with a £500 reduction. The next payment being due prior to delivery was made 7 days prior to arrival £ 4350.00The product was delivered to our property on the 3rd December the delivery crew were courteous, polite and respectful in every manner. The fitter arrived on time on the 7th December to commence fitting again he was polite and extremely and professional and very tidy. After fitting of the base units it was clearly obvious this was not what we had ordered or paid for as the whole product was CHIPBOARD with melamine tops and doors and of appalling quality i.e cheap and nasty and certainly not 24k as advised by mr Bramley. We immediately informed Sharps by telephone of our dismay And disbelief and instructed the fitter to stop fitting the rest of the order he fully understood swept up and bagged the shavings into sacks and left. The Customer service department are very arrogant and really couldn’t give a damn basically saying you signed the contract etc etc with the exception of Briggite Rhodes who was extremely polite and courteous in reporting on investigations which resulted in nothing. We have therefore handed the file to our lawyers with the instructions to recover monies paid via the courts as this will maybe protect the public in future and expose this company as what they really are CROOKS AND LIARS. The product is terrible cheap and nasty and not fit for purpose steer clear of this company and its tactics.
Cheep veneered chip board is used for the interior shelving Interior Lights that you have to wave your hand under for them to come on. Then they stay on too long after you close the door and the hilarious thing about them is, they are stuck on with double sided sticky tape that comes un stuck after a few days so the lights fall down. “Soft closing Doors” what a joke they don’t even close. The customer service guy I spoke to was rude and subservient, I paid £5,600 for these wardrobes I will NEVER EVER use Sharps again and I will not be recommending them either. I am disgusted to say the least.
Horrendous. Would not buy from here. I had a design consultant come out to quote me for some cupboards. The sales person didn’t show me any of the samples and immediately started going on about taking a 25% deposit. She had a bullying manner and asked that I do not tell sharps I had said I dint want to proceed today and lie and say I didn’t answer the door?! She said I was lucky to have her as some of her colleagues would have been a ‘Rottweiler’ with me. She said why have I come I could have been at home with my family? She drew up some scribbles and came up with a nonsense quote which she said she’d do as a favour? Eh? Completely awful couldn’t wait for her to leave. Actually felt pretty shocked for the rest of the day. Not the ethics in a company I look for when making a purchase.
Had an extremely bad experience with sharps! The sales person that came out to see us named Jonny was so rude and arrogant and made us feel like the wardrobes are too expensive for us to buy! He did not even measure one of the two bedrooms and gave us a quote by mere estimation without showing us any drawings or designs! We were told everything is available online if we wanted to have a look! My husband and I are completely put off and will not be using them!
AVOID! Awful service, designer came in with limited resources to show the design and style of wardrobes. The person was not helpful at all when it came to design, stood waiting for us to talk and not give a run down of there designs or service. Further to this, he would only show previous customer paper drawings and not proper designs online. I'm shocked there is no bespoke software they have so you can visualise your design, even the most basic companies have this. Further to this, I was quoted £10k for 5 door wardrobe, apparently they gave 50% off from this and I wasn't allowed to negotiate price until I confirmed I would go ahead. Even more ridiculous and ill mannered, I was in full flow conversation speaking to the designer and he ignores me and picked up his ringing phone. He also made comments like "why should we negotiate the price you're not going to order" and had bad attitude. Wanting us to spend £5000 over a 15 minute conversation and was almost offended we asked about the price. To conclude, thoroughly disappointed in this company, my expectations were so high, a bespoke service I was excited but you're better off going to Ikea. Level of service is poor, the wardrobes may have been a good finish but its all about the service and from todays experience this company has none of it.
Sadly I feel so let down by the whole experience. In the attempt to give a fully informed review will detail start to finish: Sales visit: arrived on time and listened to our needs and a plan was put together in prep for survey. We used the brochure and online details to decide what we wanted and committed to 3 rooms. Initial impressions were good enough for us to feel confident it was an informed choice. Price wise was ok but the so called positive reviews and warranty meant we were felt it was worth the premium. Initial niggle was then securing a price match on an updated sharps offer. Managed to negotiate a reduction but not fully price matched. Survey went ok and we were able to make minor alterations (handles etc) and no cost. On both these visits we explicitly checked it would be ok to completely clear just one of the 3 rooms and allow enough room in remaining 2. All ok apparently. Delivery day, tried to offload in all 3 rooms. Eventually after calls to office agreed all would be stored in the cleared room. Fitter arrives a day late (first fitter could not attend due to current health reasons but only found 2 minutes before deadline). After being initially rude about not listening to clear instructions to go to front door and me challenging him to get out of back garden (we have dogs) he got to work. He was not happy that the allocated room was very crowded but eventually cleared enough space. Fitter took great pride in his work but was let down by damaged materials and the doors were nowhere near the expected colour as per online samples and brochure. Call to customer care (well some office outside of any form of customer care) and engagement with technical team with pictures sent to highlight mismatch in door Colour replacements would be sent. I advised at this stage and sought reassurance that the doors would arrive as per online colours and was told that they would. Finally new doors arrived a day late and I was at work so daughter (adult) afforded access. Guess what same colour. Rude and abrupt email finally received from customer care team saying sharps fulfilled contract. Wrong. If there was any doubt why would you originally agree to send new doors? We also had never seen any real samples but here assured the driftwood door finish is grey. It’s not. Everyone we have shown pictures to says it is Elm. We now have paid out thousands for a product we don’t like with zero recognition nor support. The customer care team have even stooped so low as to advise us we had been shown samples before. We absolutely had not seen anything on the door colours in real life. Logically it would have been sensible for sharps to send a sample before replacing doors? I will be seeking council regarding my rights Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 immediately and will not be bullied and lied to by Sharps period. It is alarming how frequent this is becoming and totally unacceptable as a so called reputable market leading provider. Devastated does not even come close. Damage and worry has extended far beyond just the financial commitment. Never have we felt so upset and angry. Whole process has left us feel stupid and naive. Such a shame, if the doors were the colour we expected the end products we would be happy with but the underlying attitude and forceful tactics and responses from our customer Advisor is shocking (via email too). She even was overheard telling the fitter just to plough ahead and fit them despite me raising the issue with the doors again with total disregard for my wishes as a customer. Unbelievable. Clearly the idea was to force fitter to finish in my absence and bully the contractural commitments we now have in their world. Never ever will I get sharps to offer their services and will have every intention of exercising our consumer rights. Please if you choose them look at real life samples and don’t take the word of the sales Advisors (who lie). Don’t let the covid excuse prevent them showing you these.
Mr dudman we have just had a bedroom furniture fitted by them I must say there surveyor turned up with an awful attitude regarding our skillen ceilings saying oh I get the awkward jobs . Great attitude not then they sent out someone to oversee his work twice still not really explaining anything . Tried calling customer service who never seem to get back to you . And this all happened before covid 19 . We have finally had them fitted by a really nice person probably the only good thing about them was the fitter . Only we have to wait for doors to be made til they are complete . They are not forthcoming with information and really poor customer service so be warned there brochures look the part but the company is not . One unhappy customer.
In 2002 I had a Sharps bedroom fitted in a property I had just bought. I spent time visiting their showroom and I was happy that the product I was buying was of good quality. In 2018 I sold the property and the bedroom wardrobes looked brand new. I recently moved to another property and contacted Sharps for a quotation. I was expecting the same high-quality product as before. The quotation was higher than I expected but I felt it would be worthwhile for a quality product. The showrooms weren't open and the 'salesman' had no samples but I felt that I couldn't go wrong with this 'quality' product. How wrong could I be? The wardrobe doors look cheap and plastic. I couldn't believe that a great product 20 years ago could go downhill so much. I wish I had gone to Ikea for wardrobes as I probably would have had a better product for a fraction of the cost. Very disappointing experience and I would never buy from Sharps again. On a positive note, the fitter was great. He was clean and tidy in his work and knew what he was doing.
A very bad experience. From our experience the salesman was very quick to chase for money but failed to do their job. We were mid-sold product by the salesman so he could close the sale and when we raised this with the company they refused to accept responsibility. We have paperwork showing what we had requested (signed by both parties) and this wasn’t what was delivered. This is a company that doesn’t own it’s mistakes. If you’re looking for great customer care then I wouldn’t recommended them at all
My mother in law wanted new bedroom fittings. I told her not to invite Sharps as I had read previous negative reviews. However she insisted. The designer/sales/ marketing guy turned up 2 days late. He was none of the above. Shabby and smelt of alcohol. He told my mother in law what she needed. Did not listen to one word she said The price for a triple wardrobe 19,100 and that was including a “big discount”. He wasn’t prepared to offer any other discount. Now my mother in law isn’t to be messed with. She told him plainly to never darken her doorstep again. Their practices are disgraceful. It appears the products are substandard as is their service. How on earth are they allowed to continue trading?
Dear Sharps, my in laws booked you to put in new wardrobes for them. They should have been installed already but you cancelled the first date with less than 24 hours notice. The installers came this morning. They have refused to lift the flat packs and have said they are not allowed to. I'm not sure how they install anything if they are not allowed to lift a flat pack. They have also refused to do the installation as my in laws bed is still in place. Let me tell you something about my amazing in laws. My mother in law has multiple sclerosis and osteoporosis and is mainly confined to an electric wheelchair. My father in law is blind, with a bad knee from his time in the army and he is in his eighties. I would love to know how you expect 2 disabled people to move flat packs and a bed? When the sales man and surveyor visited they both knew that my in laws were disabled and the limitations that they have. We are disgusted that they have been discriminated against in this way. They live in sheltered accommodation which should have given you a clue as to their situation. They have spent nearly 5 grand with you to get wardrobes that they can access themselves to help retain some independence and dignity. They booked you because you are a National known brand and supposedly the best, however you have left them in a right state. They are upset with how they have been treated, they are worried about how they are going to manage with all the disruption in their flat and they can't even get hold of anyone to speak to. I hope you are feeling proud of yourselves
I have to admit and going against the grain of other reviews I thought sharpes were very professional and efficient. But the quality of the timber is rubbish(chipboard) I'm a builder by trade. I do a lot joinery you'll see in my photo's. we paid £4000 f or 2 bedside tables a chest of drawer a wardrobe and a dressing table. I could of bought the same thing from howdens or Argos for £500. The fitting was a joke, don't get me wrong it was very good. It took the guy less than 6 hours to fit over 2 days (3 hours each day) I make that the fitter was on £583 an hour. Don't get me wrong of course he wasn't on this sharpes made at least £3000 profit and slung the tradesman a couple of hundred quid a day at most. I took a picture of the sharpes wardrobe and one I made. One cost £4000 the other £200 and it is made from pine not chipboard see if you can spot the difference. Moral of this buy you furniture yourself and get a joiner to fit it for you. You'll save thousands.
Thinking of ordering a Sharps bedroom? Are you willing to carry your own furniture when it arrives? Are you willing to fit your own furniture? Are you happy to pay a large sum of money for poor customer service, lengthy delays and almost farcical errors? Get yourself a nice cup of coffee and settle in for a long read. Here is my catalogue of errors: Even though Sharps are expensive, I chose to use them because I have an awkward shaped alcove in my bedroom and they claim to specialise in dealing with these things. I also thought I would get excellent customer service and the process would be hassle free. It has been one error after another. A job that was supposed to take 2 days and be finished at the beginning of February is still ongoing and my room is still not finished. I am self employed, so every day I take off work is a day I lose money. I also live in a one bedroom house, so everything I own had to be packed in boxes for the duration of the fitting. 1. Initial design visit booked via the website. Sharps sales team phone me within 5 minutes of me sending the initial email. This should have sent up a red flag (a bit too eager to get my money, perhaps?). Visit booked for 31st December 2015. Sharps then call back the next day and asked to change the visit. I refused due to work commitments. 2. Design visit goes well. I am pleased with the design. Designer assures me my double bed can stay in the bedroom, as I have nowhere else to put it. Assures me the entire thing will only take 2 days so will not be much inconvenience. I sign the paperwork, spending over £4000, which I choose to have a finance agreement for. Designer has a few problems doing this on his computer, but explains it is a new system and I am his first customer to use it, so I think nothing of it. 3. Surveyor visit booked by Sharps. Again they phone the next day to try to change it but I refuse. Surveyor arrives, immediately declares the designer has mis-measured my room and his design is impossible. He says another visit would have to be arranged with the designer to rectify and redesign the room. Surveyor leaves. 4. Sharps arrange another visit of designer and surveyor together. Again they try to change the date. This time I agree to try to speed things along. Designer and surveyor arrive, redesign and remeasure everything. I remind them it is a 1 bedroom house so bed will need to stay in the room and I will have to sleep in it every night. Surveyor says this is no problem, bed will just be propped up against a wall during the day. 5. Sharps book a delivery date and a fitting date starting the day after delivery. They confirm the job will only take 2 days This is for the beginning of February. I pack everything into boxes. The only place I can put it is in my living room and bathroom, so I am unable to use the bath/shower as it is filled with boxes. No problem, I think, it's only for 2 days. 6. Fitter phones and asks to change the fitting date. He wants to start the same day as delivery. I agree, to speed things along. 7. Fitter phones again and says he wants to change the fitting back to the original date. Again I agree as I feel I have no choice. 8. Delivery driver arrives, declares the surveyor has made a mistake and has not informed Sharps I live on a narrow street so they cannot get their truck down the street to deliver. Several phone calls later, delivery driver does bring truck down my street, blocks the street for half an hour and delivers the furniture. 9. Fitter arrives as scheduled. Not the one I was talking to on the phone, as he is apparently now off sick. The fitter is missing essential paperwork, something he calls a cutting sheet. He says this is because he got the job at the last minute. He asks Sharps to email it to him and tells me not to worry, he can make a start without it. he is aware of the issue with the bed and just props it up against the wall as agreed. So far so good. 10. After spending around 2 hours sorting through the items which had been delivered and checking them, fitter starts fitting. Stops after half an hour. he refuses to continue the job as he says my wall is wet and must have a leak in it. He says if he fits the wardrobe my 12 year guarantee will be invalid. He says I will need to get this fixed then call Sharps to rearrange another fitter. To be fair to Sharps, this is the only delay I feel is justified. It was better to check rather than fit and have no guarantee. 11. 2 days later, having found the wall was damp because of condensation from a faulty bathroom fan, I call Sharps to arrange another fitter. As usual, Sharps then try to change this appointment afterwards. Are we detecting a pattern here? I agree, as the new appointment is earlier so would speed things along. I have now not had a shower for a week, as my bath is still full of the boxes of bedroom stuff. 12. Fitter arrives. A different fitter. He is in a foul mood, again due to my narrow driveway. He complains he should never have been sent on this job as he has a van which does not fit. Sharps should apparently have sent a fitter with a car. He blames me for the fact that he caught his wing mirror coming into my driveway. Fitter is obviously unwell. He tells me he has been off sick for a week but needs the money so asked to come back to work. He is furious there is still a bed in the room, asks how he is supposed to work with that. He coughs and splutters continuously. Fitter then announces he is missing this "holy grail" document called a cutting sheet. He accuses the first fitter of taking it with him. I explain he didn't have one either and Sharps had to email it. Fitter is not happy. Asks how is he supposed to work from an email on his tiny phone screen? Eventually he starts work. He then announces he cannot do the job because one of the panels is damaged. Apparently it has been stored the wrong way up, either by the delivery drivers or the first fitter as he moved things around. A new one will have to be ordered before anything else can happen. 13. A tad annoyed, I try to phone Sharps to complain about this delay and about the fitter. Fitter is furious I am trying to phone Sharps. he says I will only make things worse. But he need not have worried. It's Saturday. Turns out there are no customer service staff in on a Saturday. Out of curiosity I phone the sales number. Yes, you guessed it, phone is answered immediately. I have now realised Sharps are eager to take the money from customers, but less eager to deal with issues. I ask why there are no customer service staff working when customers may need to speak to them. Sales lady says she agrees this is not great, and they keep asking for someone to be available as the get all the angry customers calling them at the weekends. I get the impression this lady has heard this many times before. She takes the details and says she will pass them on to customer services when they reopen on Monday. Fitter leaves. Bathroom still full of boxes. I am getting a bit smelly now from wearing the same clothes for over a week. I was expecting this to all be over with by now. 14. Monday comes. I call Sharps and ask to speak to customer services. This is my first of many conversations with a lady by the name of Joanne, More about her later. I explain I am not happy with these errors, with the delays they have caused, with the attitude of the second fitter, and with Sharps in general. Let's face it, I could have gone to B&Q, spent a quarter of the money and had a finished bedroom by now. I explain that I thought Sharps was a high quality company, but this is not what I am experiencing. Delivery of replacement panel arranged for Tuesday. Another fitter scheduled for the day after delivery. I explain to Sharps about this "cutting sheet" the fitters are missing and ask they make sure the next fitter has all the paperwork. Joanne assures me they are sending one of their showroom fitters and he will do a wonderful job. She agrees to discuss "A gesture of goodwill" after the room is finished. Joanne says she will phone me on Thursday after the job is finished to check everything is ok. 15. Tuesday arrives. Delivery of replacement panel. I can't be there but have arranged for my partner to be present to accept the delivery. I am furious to discover the delivery driver turned up alone and was unable to carry the item he was delivering. My partner, who has a slipped disc, takes strong pain medication and is not supposed to carry anything heavy, was asked to help this delivery driver carry a large heavy panel up the stairs. He felt he had to do it, as to have refused would have meant the item not being delivered and yet more delays. What would this delivery driver have done if his customer was an 80 year old woman? Clearly Sharps expect their customers to carry their own furniture now. 16. Fitter number 3 arrives on Wednesday. Promptly states the job will take at least three days, should never have been quoted as a two day job. Yet another day off work. Yet another day of smelly clothes, boxes in the bathtub, washing my armpits in the kitchen sink. Sexy image, isn't it? Still thinking of ordering that Sharps bedroom? 17. Guess what, fitter does not have the cutting sheet. I am starting to think this document doesn't exist. Apparently even the factory cannot find it. Am I now living in a comedy sketch? If Monty Python fitted bedrooms..... Again, several lengthy phone calls to have something emailed to the fitter's phone so he can get on with the job. 18. Fitter announces the surveyor made a mistake. What a surprise! Excuse me if I am not astonished by this. He has mis-measured the awkwardly shaped alcove. Remember that from the start of this message? The alcove which made me choose to use Sharps in the first place, because this is supposedly what they specialise in? Fitter informs me if he fits what Sharps have suggested I will be left with a hole in my floor approximately 2 feet long and 4 inches wide. Great! Just what I always wanted! Actually, the fitter is a nice guy and is doing his absolute best to salvage this immense mess. He manages to use some excess melamine to fill in most of the hole, but I am still left with two small inch square holes which he cannot do anything about. I have to pay someone else to come and fix those after Sharps have finally gone away. 19. Fitter informs me one of the cupboard door handles is the wrong size, and I have some screw covers missing. He says he will order those immediately, they will arrive on Monday. I will, however need to fit them myself, but hey, no problem. Sharps expect customers to carry their own furniture, so why shouldn't they expect their customers to also finish fitting their own furniture? 20. Joanne. Remember her? She was supposed to call me on to check everything was ok? Do you think I heard from her? Of course not. I let a week go by, just to give her the benefit of the doubt. She doesn't phone. And of course, the door handle and screw covers don't turn up either. Am I surprised? What do you think? 21. Finally I call Joanne. By this stage I have stopped seeing the funny side and am losing patience. She is unable to give any reason why she did not call me. I suspect she just forgot and tell her so. She doesn't deny it. I ask where my missing handle and screw covers are. Apparently they have been dispatched but "must have got lost". Do we believe her? Hmm, let me think. She says she will send another one. 22. Joanne is pleased to inform me that Sharps is willing to offer a "gesture of goodwill". A grand total of £148. I tell her this is not acceptable and I refuse it. 23. Today the handle arrives. It's the third time it has been sent, but this one was finally sent needing a signature so I got it. Guess what? It doesn't fit. And there were no screws to fit it with anyway. And no screw covers. I call Joanne again. Now I have been told I will need another cupboard door to be delivered and another fitter to fit the door. 24. Joanne tells me she is transferring my case to customer services. Hang on, aren't you customer services? I thought that's who I was speaking to about this. Apparently not. But now I am considered to have a serious enough issue to merit speaking to the customer-dodging customer services department. I am awaiting a phone call from someone called Rachel. I am not holding my breath. So that's where we're at now. It has been over two months. The room is still not finished (although at least enough of it is done for me to unpack some boxes and have a shower). Don't be fooled by the glossy adverts. Go to B&Q instead. You'll save a shed load of money, and get much better service.
Baffling how you can pay £5k for a wardrobe (which is nice, fitted well, nice chap) and then they sour the whole experience by refusing to remove any of the rubbish left over - my drive is a mess with off cuts of wood, cardboard boxes and a black bin liner that I’ve just tripped up on in the dark. Absolutely baffling.
The salesman was very polite and thorough explaining how the Wardrobe units could be fitted and asking us our ideas etcHowever after he’d measured up and worked out the cost it seemed very expensive for the product and materials they are made from at £4250 and there was no written down itemised bill so no explanation as to how he came by that figure. This figure seemed arbitrary as he then suggested he could knock down the cost by £250 if we signed up there and then. It seemed unusual practice to expect people to make a decision there and then on such an amount of money and it felt slightly pressurised to do so. We weren’t impressed with the samples he brought. MDF and plastic covered - not nice. We won’t be buying from here.
Designer turned up without a correct measuring tool, didn’t actually measure. Told me what I could have, barely listening to what I could actually get, generally sounded unbelievably uninterested in being there, didn’t talk through any finishes, never showed me a final design, couldn’t have left fast enough and then slapped me with a 3k project where I wasn’t even sure what I was getting
1. Despite 2 designer visits and one from Sharps' surveyor no one noticed that one of the designs couldn't work. 2. Their fitter did extensive damage to a newly painted bedroom and broke a light in the hall. 3. When this was pointed out to Sharps they offered us half the cost of repair and insisted that we go to Retail ADR if not happy. 4. We did - and won. 5. The whole experience has taken nearly a year to resolve 6. No one has ever apologised 7. NOT recommended
I was told a fitter would be arriving on a given day a Wednesday to fit the wardrobes . Arranged time off work for the work to be done then gets a phone call Tuesday to tell me it’s been delayed until Thursday . Asked to speak to a manager this was refused. I said I wanted to cancel the order as your not fulfilling the contract and told that’s not possible . So now I have lost holidays for no reason and have waited months for the fitting. Whilst I accepted that some of the delay had been caused by COVID I am unhappy with further delay wasted holiday and been given the brush off. Do not touch this company absolutely disgusted before they are fitted
Do not believe their guarentee. I had bedroom units installed in 2016. Three of the PIR activated LED lights fitted have failed, they remain permantle on. I have phone once and emailed three times and not received any follow up or support. So remember their guarentee come to nothing.
Sharps Bedrooms is rated 3.92 based on 2,393 reviews