Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

Tell us how Sharps Bedrooms made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Mcleman
"Fantastic well built! No fuss, 200% satisfied would nit hesitate to use again, would request same fitter ! Brilliant now I see the difference from all the rest. It’s perfect for a small room."
Carey
"I had the Shaker wardrobes in white. I am so happy with the work that has been done the look stunning. Mark the fitter was exceptional. Great job thank you"
C Johnston
"From design visit to installation Sharps have provided excellent service. The designer was very helpful at providing advice. The surveyor was excellent, ensuring that the solution we chose was suitable and met out needs. The delivery guys carried a lot of kit up 2 flights of stairs and were careful and considerate at all times. The fitter, Chris was superb. He worked like a Trojan to ensure that our wardrobes were well fitted. He consulted us at every move, being prepared to modify the set up to meet our storage needs. He let us hang clothes and measure shelves so that we got the most from the space. Unfortunately there was a slight manufacturers flaw with one of the doors, but it was literally delivered a couple of days later and Chris came to fit it. He also asked if we’d had any second thoughts about the layout as he was prepared to change anything if we wanted. Yes Sharps are expensive in comparison to high street stores, but we have used every inch of the space and the customer service has been second to none."
"Dear Sharps, my in laws booked you to put in new wardrobes for them. They should have been installed already but you cancelled the first date with less than 24 hours notice. The installers came this morning. They have refused to lift the flat packs and have said they are not allowed to. I'm not sure how they install anything if they are not allowed to lift a flat pack. They have also refused to do the installation as my in laws bed is still in place. Let me tell you something about my amazing in laws. My mother in law has multiple sclerosis and osteoporosis and is mainly confined to an electric wheelchair. My father in law is blind, with a bad knee from his time in the army and he is in his eighties. I would love to know how you expect 2 disabled people to move flat packs and a bed? When the sales man and surveyor visited they both knew that my in laws were disabled and the limitations that they have. We are disgusted that they have been discriminated against in this way. They live in sheltered accommodation which should have given you a clue as to their situation. They have spent nearly 5 grand with you to get wardrobes that they can access themselves to help retain some independence and dignity. They booked you because you are a National known brand and supposedly the best, however you have left them in a right state. They are upset with how they have been treated, they are worried about how they are going to manage with all the disruption in their flat and they can't even get hold of anyone to speak to. I hope you are feeling proud of yourselves"
"I have to admit and going against the grain of other reviews I thought sharpes were very professional and efficient. But the quality of the timber is rubbish(chipboard) I'm a builder by trade. I do a lot joinery you'll see in my photo's. we paid £4000 f or 2 bedside tables a chest of drawer a wardrobe and a dressing table. I could of bought the same thing from howdens or Argos for £500. The fitting was a joke, don't get me wrong it was very good. It took the guy less than 6 hours to fit over 2 days (3 hours each day) I make that the fitter was on £583 an hour. Don't get me wrong of course he wasn't on this sharpes made at least £3000 profit and slung the tradesman a couple of hundred quid a day at most. I took a picture of the sharpes wardrobe and one I made. One cost £4000 the other £200 and it is made from pine not chipboard see if you can spot the difference. Moral of this buy you furniture yourself and get a joiner to fit it for you. You'll save thousands."
"Thinking of ordering a Sharps bedroom? Are you willing to carry your own furniture when it arrives? Are you willing to fit your own furniture? Are you happy to pay a large sum of money for poor customer service, lengthy delays and almost farcical errors? Get yourself a nice cup of coffee and settle in for a long read. Here is my catalogue of errors: Even though Sharps are expensive, I chose to use them because I have an awkward shaped alcove in my bedroom and they claim to specialise in dealing with these things. I also thought I would get excellent customer service and the process would be hassle free. It has been one error after another. A job that was supposed to take 2 days and be finished at the beginning of February is still ongoing and my room is still not finished. I am self employed, so every day I take off work is a day I lose money. I also live in a one bedroom house, so everything I own had to be packed in boxes for the duration of the fitting. 1. Initial design visit booked via the website. Sharps sales team phone me within 5 minutes of me sending the initial email. This should have sent up a red flag (a bit too eager to get my money, perhaps?). Visit booked for 31st December 2015. Sharps then call back the next day and asked to change the visit. I refused due to work commitments. 2. Design visit goes well. I am pleased with the design. Designer assures me my double bed can stay in the bedroom, as I have nowhere else to put it. Assures me the entire thing will only take 2 days so will not be much inconvenience. I sign the paperwork, spending over £4000, which I choose to have a finance agreement for. Designer has a few problems doing this on his computer, but explains it is a new system and I am his first customer to use it, so I think nothing of it. 3. Surveyor visit booked by Sharps. Again they phone the next day to try to change it but I refuse. Surveyor arrives, immediately declares the designer has mis-measured my room and his design is impossible. He says another visit would have to be arranged with the designer to rectify and redesign the room. Surveyor leaves. 4. Sharps arrange another visit of designer and surveyor together. Again they try to change the date. This time I agree to try to speed things along. Designer and surveyor arrive, redesign and remeasure everything. I remind them it is a 1 bedroom house so bed will need to stay in the room and I will have to sleep in it every night. Surveyor says this is no problem, bed will just be propped up against a wall during the day. 5. Sharps book a delivery date and a fitting date starting the day after delivery. They confirm the job will only take 2 days This is for the beginning of February. I pack everything into boxes. The only place I can put it is in my living room and bathroom, so I am unable to use the bath/shower as it is filled with boxes. No problem, I think, it's only for 2 days. 6. Fitter phones and asks to change the fitting date. He wants to start the same day as delivery. I agree, to speed things along. 7. Fitter phones again and says he wants to change the fitting back to the original date. Again I agree as I feel I have no choice. 8. Delivery driver arrives, declares the surveyor has made a mistake and has not informed Sharps I live on a narrow street so they cannot get their truck down the street to deliver. Several phone calls later, delivery driver does bring truck down my street, blocks the street for half an hour and delivers the furniture. 9. Fitter arrives as scheduled. Not the one I was talking to on the phone, as he is apparently now off sick. The fitter is missing essential paperwork, something he calls a cutting sheet. He says this is because he got the job at the last minute. He asks Sharps to email it to him and tells me not to worry, he can make a start without it. he is aware of the issue with the bed and just props it up against the wall as agreed. So far so good. 10. After spending around 2 hours sorting through the items which had been delivered and checking them, fitter starts fitting. Stops after half an hour. he refuses to continue the job as he says my wall is wet and must have a leak in it. He says if he fits the wardrobe my 12 year guarantee will be invalid. He says I will need to get this fixed then call Sharps to rearrange another fitter. To be fair to Sharps, this is the only delay I feel is justified. It was better to check rather than fit and have no guarantee. 11. 2 days later, having found the wall was damp because of condensation from a faulty bathroom fan, I call Sharps to arrange another fitter. As usual, Sharps then try to change this appointment afterwards. Are we detecting a pattern here? I agree, as the new appointment is earlier so would speed things along. I have now not had a shower for a week, as my bath is still full of the boxes of bedroom stuff. 12. Fitter arrives. A different fitter. He is in a foul mood, again due to my narrow driveway. He complains he should never have been sent on this job as he has a van which does not fit. Sharps should apparently have sent a fitter with a car. He blames me for the fact that he caught his wing mirror coming into my driveway. Fitter is obviously unwell. He tells me he has been off sick for a week but needs the money so asked to come back to work. He is furious there is still a bed in the room, asks how he is supposed to work with that. He coughs and splutters continuously. Fitter then announces he is missing this "holy grail" document called a cutting sheet. He accuses the first fitter of taking it with him. I explain he didn't have one either and Sharps had to email it. Fitter is not happy. Asks how is he supposed to work from an email on his tiny phone screen? Eventually he starts work. He then announces he cannot do the job because one of the panels is damaged. Apparently it has been stored the wrong way up, either by the delivery drivers or the first fitter as he moved things around. A new one will have to be ordered before anything else can happen. 13. A tad annoyed, I try to phone Sharps to complain about this delay and about the fitter. Fitter is furious I am trying to phone Sharps. he says I will only make things worse. But he need not have worried. It's Saturday. Turns out there are no customer service staff in on a Saturday. Out of curiosity I phone the sales number. Yes, you guessed it, phone is answered immediately. I have now realised Sharps are eager to take the money from customers, but less eager to deal with issues. I ask why there are no customer service staff working when customers may need to speak to them. Sales lady says she agrees this is not great, and they keep asking for someone to be available as the get all the angry customers calling them at the weekends. I get the impression this lady has heard this many times before. She takes the details and says she will pass them on to customer services when they reopen on Monday. Fitter leaves. Bathroom still full of boxes. I am getting a bit smelly now from wearing the same clothes for over a week. I was expecting this to all be over with by now. 14. Monday comes. I call Sharps and ask to speak to customer services. This is my first of many conversations with a lady by the name of Joanne, More about her later. I explain I am not happy with these errors, with the delays they have caused, with the attitude of the second fitter, and with Sharps in general. Let's face it, I could have gone to B&Q, spent a quarter of the money and had a finished bedroom by now. I explain that I thought Sharps was a high quality company, but this is not what I am experiencing. Delivery of replacement panel arranged for Tuesday. Another fitter scheduled for the day after delivery. I explain to Sharps about this "cutting sheet" the fitters are missing and ask they make sure the next fitter has all the paperwork. Joanne assures me they are sending one of their showroom fitters and he will do a wonderful job. She agrees to discuss "A gesture of goodwill" after the room is finished. Joanne says she will phone me on Thursday after the job is finished to check everything is ok. 15. Tuesday arrives. Delivery of replacement panel. I can't be there but have arranged for my partner to be present to accept the delivery. I am furious to discover the delivery driver turned up alone and was unable to carry the item he was delivering. My partner, who has a slipped disc, takes strong pain medication and is not supposed to carry anything heavy, was asked to help this delivery driver carry a large heavy panel up the stairs. He felt he had to do it, as to have refused would have meant the item not being delivered and yet more delays. What would this delivery driver have done if his customer was an 80 year old woman? Clearly Sharps expect their customers to carry their own furniture now. 16. Fitter number 3 arrives on Wednesday. Promptly states the job will take at least three days, should never have been quoted as a two day job. Yet another day off work. Yet another day of smelly clothes, boxes in the bathtub, washing my armpits in the kitchen sink. Sexy image, isn't it? Still thinking of ordering that Sharps bedroom? 17. Guess what, fitter does not have the cutting sheet. I am starting to think this document doesn't exist. Apparently even the factory cannot find it. Am I now living in a comedy sketch? If Monty Python fitted bedrooms..... Again, several lengthy phone calls to have something emailed to the fitter's phone so he can get on with the job. 18. Fitter announces the surveyor made a mistake. What a surprise! Excuse me if I am not astonished by this. He has mis-measured the awkwardly shaped alcove. Remember that from the start of this message? The alcove which made me choose to use Sharps in the first place, because this is supposedly what they specialise in? Fitter informs me if he fits what Sharps have suggested I will be left with a hole in my floor approximately 2 feet long and 4 inches wide. Great! Just what I always wanted! Actually, the fitter is a nice guy and is doing his absolute best to salvage this immense mess. He manages to use some excess melamine to fill in most of the hole, but I am still left with two small inch square holes which he cannot do anything about. I have to pay someone else to come and fix those after Sharps have finally gone away. 19. Fitter informs me one of the cupboard door handles is the wrong size, and I have some screw covers missing. He says he will order those immediately, they will arrive on Monday. I will, however need to fit them myself, but hey, no problem. Sharps expect customers to carry their own furniture, so why shouldn't they expect their customers to also finish fitting their own furniture? 20. Joanne. Remember her? She was supposed to call me on to check everything was ok? Do you think I heard from her? Of course not. I let a week go by, just to give her the benefit of the doubt. She doesn't phone. And of course, the door handle and screw covers don't turn up either. Am I surprised? What do you think? 21. Finally I call Joanne. By this stage I have stopped seeing the funny side and am losing patience. She is unable to give any reason why she did not call me. I suspect she just forgot and tell her so. She doesn't deny it. I ask where my missing handle and screw covers are. Apparently they have been dispatched but "must have got lost". Do we believe her? Hmm, let me think. She says she will send another one. 22. Joanne is pleased to inform me that Sharps is willing to offer a "gesture of goodwill". A grand total of £148. I tell her this is not acceptable and I refuse it. 23. Today the handle arrives. It's the third time it has been sent, but this one was finally sent needing a signature so I got it. Guess what? It doesn't fit. And there were no screws to fit it with anyway. And no screw covers. I call Joanne again. Now I have been told I will need another cupboard door to be delivered and another fitter to fit the door. 24. Joanne tells me she is transferring my case to customer services. Hang on, aren't you customer services? I thought that's who I was speaking to about this. Apparently not. But now I am considered to have a serious enough issue to merit speaking to the customer-dodging customer services department. I am awaiting a phone call from someone called Rachel. I am not holding my breath. So that's where we're at now. It has been over two months. The room is still not finished (although at least enough of it is done for me to unpack some boxes and have a shower). Don't be fooled by the glossy adverts. Go to B&Q instead. You'll save a shed load of money, and get much better service."
"So much grief I’ll bullet point instead. •Designer friendly and professional. • My order consisted of 6 doors / 6 compartments • Including one set of drawers. Order placed then all went wrong including. • midway through build designer made a mistake and my drawers had to be built 2ft off the floor and looked ridiculous. All 6 doors had to be replaced a total of 6 times ?? That’s 36 doors in total as corners were chipped and finish around the edges was disgusting. • so if your a recent customer I urge you to double check your doors especially the corners for imperfections. • fitters cancelled or didn’t turn up on numerous occasions, and didn’t even contact me atall on the day I would take a day off to expect them. •They have a non existent customer care department who just pass you to the next person each time you phone up to complain. • I was offered £50 compensation after a numerous amount of complaints on my £3000 order which was disgusting. • After a very long battle of 3-4 months of this build being completed to a reasonable standard, and threatening them with legal action along with contacting the chief exec direct with pictures and a diary of events I was given £1500 compensation. I would never use or recommend sharps to anyone, I even contemplated standing outside every show room every day with a board “ stating please ask me about my experience with sharps” never again."
"Designer spending 3 hours drawing a plan for a 3 door sliding wardrobe to go across the entire wall no inserts! so as Sharps do not line the back and side walls it is just a sliding top and bottom frame with doors! costing £3,000 after 50% discount and a further £100 its not even a quality product and by the reviews quality of fitting depends on what type of tradesmen you get. The price is ridiculous but, clearly there are some people with more money than sense!!!"
"I had some lovely cupboards fitted. When you open one of the doors to 90 degrees its handle bangs into the full length mirror on the other door. L shape. I mentioned this to the fitter on completion and was told it's toughened glass and shouldn't break but if it does it's under warranty. It has now cracked under warranty. Customer services state glass/mirrors aren't covered. I asked why it would have been fitted if there was chance of damage and I should have been advised against fitting it, actually it was on the recommendation of the salesperson I had it done this way. To and insult to injury, was told I SIGNED IT OFF, so basically tough. I'm no expert or a designer. That's why I came to you despite your quote being more than double of other quotes. I thought I was buying quality and piece of mind. What was my mistake here, trusting a big name like Sharps or not reading your warranty small print? Which I have, to date not seen! I asked about good will, was refused point blank, because now you won't even return my calls. Disgusting customer services. Furthermore you tell me, if I replace the mirror myself it voids the 10 year warranty!!!"
"Warning. Check on how bespoke your needs are! They are a very limited bespoke company. Apparently they can not help with the additional bespoke cabinet we requested. Their product and manufacturing facility is not geared up to make one off bespoke items such as this. (See photo) I am at a loss to see the complexity of our request! Oh yes, and check your invoice, they got the amount wrong, twice! Also check your delivery, ours were scratched as they were unwrapped. I could go on......"
"Are you considering having a bedroom installed by Sharps? If so, I would strongly advise that you reconsider. The product is thinly laminated M.D.F at solid Oak prices (not a piece of wood in sight). I would suggest that you engage a self-employed artisan or even purchase from B&Q, it's bound to be cheaper. Customer service is truly appalling, with numerous promises made after consultation and none of them kept. Delivery was supposed to be made after protective sheets were placed on the floor, staircase etc.Delivery day arrived pouring with rain, two delivery men with wet dirty boots then proceeded to walk over carpets ,wooden floors and stair carpets.With little or no intention of placing protective coverings in our home, after requesting ,minimal cover was placed on the stairs.Grit from their boots were walked into our home and marks on the wall were left after delivery ,and a more ungracious pair of delivery men as you would wish NOT to meet ,left. Pieces were missing once installation was started.A Sharps delivery man arrived the day after ,delivering the missing pieces,then had to use our phone (at our expense) to contact Head Office and a supply department. The drive was left full of bags of detritius and off cuts for several days after installation was completed. Sharps, smoke and mirror trick is that they expect you to pay a King's ransom for the product .And in my opinion,if they can get away with it ,hope that you'll be responsible for getting rid of their rubbish ,at your own expense . The only exception and good thing about the entire experience was that the Polish fitter was hard working,polite,courteous and pleasant to have in your home. Needless to say he was self employed and only sub -contracting to Sharps. To conclude Sharps,in my opinion are an appalling firm, and provide customers with a third rate customer service.They're only interested in your money and they're promises are next to worthless. The staff should be truly ashamed of their cavalier approach and empty promises.They provide in my opinion a shoddy ,shoddy service. If I could award a NO STAR rating (with exception to the excellent fitter) ,I would."
"To all customers who are aware and for those who are potential customers who are thinking of getting a fitted wardrobe done by this company called “Sharps” we are here to warn you that you should not even consider choosing them please go elsewhere. It has been a nightmare with this company from beginning-middle- and we aren’t even towards the end of this yet! Do not waste your hard earned cash in getting a fitted bedroom wardrobe with this company, you have been warned for your own good!!! A big company like Sharps is a big fat disgrace with the amount of distress, inconvenience and hassle that they have put me and my family through these past 3 months has been totally ridiculous. I am in total shock of how a big firm as this treats its customers and all their staff that we have encountered have been very unhelpful, rude and have also lied to us and should be ashamed of themselves. We have paid more than enough in both time and money. Sharps have been a flipping nightmare and have clearly proven 100% all the way that they are fully incompetent and deserve to go bust. Members of staff fail to communicate with each other and again it is the customers who are left unhappy, unsatisfied and pissed off. Sharps is the worst company to go to for fitted wardrobes absolutely useless!! The overall service has been rubbish and for the amount of money that we as customers have spent for a product that is deemed unworthy in our homes due to the amount of problems that have arose from day 1 with the designer right towards the end of when the fitter has installed the units in our bedroom. And no, I do not want your standard response message asking me to send a message with my details, I DEMAND a member of staff even if the Chief Executive Kevin Smith to get in contact with me to discuss this matter of an incorrect fitting of my wardrobes and before you even ask what’s my reference number its “6R9522“. If I don’t hear from anyone from this firm, I will not hesitate to contact trading standards and BBC Watchdog. It’s very disgraceful I will never choose Sharps ever again I will go elsewhere and will never recommend this organisation to anybody this includes family, friends, neighbours and not even strangers for that matter. Sharps have sold us an incorrect Latitude real oak fitted wardrobe suite and our issues of our story is briefly highlighted below with what we had to painfully endure all this time. Let this be a learning lesson to everyone, DO NOT USE SHARPS IT IS A MASSIVE WASTE OF MONEY AND THE SERVICE IS DISGUSTING AND WE HAVE PAID FOR PRODUCTS THAT DONT FIT ITS PURPOSE DUE TO THEIR ERRORS SHAME ON THEM !!!! 1. White chipped MDF wood board is showing/exposing without any covering and the white boxing is too big it should be smaller and the wardrobes length should be higher to the ceiling and should be covered with the wooden material that should make up the boxing section 2. Boxing up on the wardrobe should be the same material and colour as that of the wardrobe material itself which is clearly demonstrated in the sharps brochure. This is false miss-advertisement, deceiving and conning customers! We fell into the trap and even in their showrooms in Homebase display everything how it should ideally be and that’s why we chose them but this is not the case. We do not buy pig in bag and in this case that’s what we got Sharps cocked this one up big time! 3. Beauty parlour was positioned in the incorrect part of the wardrobe. Its been switched by the fitter without our consent to do this. 4. Faulty lighting with the beauty parlour. Lights do not come on when you open the wardrobe doors to access the beauty parlour which is ridiculous. 5. 3 draws from the beauty parlour was issued to us and there should be 4 slim draws instead but the 3 fat draws were given to us instead which we clearly did not order. What we ordered we never got, we received an updated version of the model Latitude real oak wardrobes much to our disappointment and without our consent. Nobody informed us not even the designer Kevin Levett shame on him, he should have told us from the beginning when we were designing and tailoring the design of the units! 6. Middle wardrobe has got 2 fat draws and we asked for 2 slim draws. A long drop wardrobe was requested in order to hang long evening gown dresses/short dresses, long coats, short coats etc. This was not supplied to us! Also, the top shelf is too narrow to fit anything as storage for handbags etc. The space is to small to fit folded clothes. The wardrobe does not fit its purpose even the beauty parlour unit has narrow space at the top you cannot fit NOTHING in it. Also, shelves have been fitted in the incorrect order in the single wardrobe too. 7. In total we were suppose to have 6 slim draws but instead we got 5 fat draws altogether that makes up the wardrobe set 8. The fitter that was sent to our home by the name of “Graham French” was lying about the beauty parlour incorrect positioning for he was the one who placed it in the incorrect place much to our displeasure. He was blaming the company’s supplier from where they order and get the wooden materials made from overseas, but it turned out he made a confession to us after we pressured him by saying Sharps will have to be notified about this mishap and that he was to blame for the error that he made. Everything was on paper “Black and White” for him to follow the instructions to guide him before he started the work. He also told us he never fitted such a wardrobe unit like this one before to which we found very strange seeing as he’s a fitter he should be able to fit and assemble any kind of wardrobe if he’s a professional. 9. Customer services has been a total disgrace 1 member of staff by the name of “Ann Armstrong” had spoke to us when we rang Tuesday (12/1/2016) to discuss the fitting issue. She said she would call us on Wednesday she never did bother to contact us until 18/1/2016. However, it was not Ann who contacted us but her colleague by the name of “Helen” rang on the 18/1/2016 regarding the payment of our cheque to which never went through to them as we withheld our check of £2698.40 by ringing our bank to reverse this transaction operation due to the incorrect and unsatisfactory fitting of our wardrobes. NO job done properly, NO Money to be paid out to a company! 10. Fitter took leftover materials in his vehicle and he stated before that he couldn’t do that as he would need a license to authorise to take rubbish away as if he was caught he risks losing his job 11. The design of the unit/model was upgraded to the newest version without our consent and not to our knowledge. Nobody from Sharps the designer, surveyor, supplier or fitter told us about this. A lack of communication between staffs to customers is clearly evident here they are just out to grab your money and fail to provide a satisfactory service. They do not contact you to solve problems when they arise but are quick to ring to demand money they are thieves, bandits and thugs! 12. An installation manager by the name of “Stephen Butt” came to our property to view the incorrect fitted wardrobe and after everything we brought to his attention we never ever received no phone calls from him to update us with what Sharps are doing to solve our matter he left us empty handed with nothing to go on what an unprofessional individual he needs to go back and get trained on how to offer customer service properly. The report that he gathered to note the issues he saw for himself he took down on his Ipad but he never bothered to contact us until when we had to ring him weeks later and he pretended on the phone at first that he didn’t know who we were but then confirmed that he gave head office the report on our issue and we should receive a phone call but we never did until some weeks later again and when we did get a phone call a staff by the name of “Helen” was beating around the bush with us about how she will get the issue sorted within 24 hours and call us back we never ever got back a phonecall from her onto now. What a disgrace! 13. Product has to be removed from our home AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and compensation and our cheque of a deposit of over £1150.00 must be refunded back to us as soon as possible first and compensation before anyone from Sharps comes to remove their bloody unit out of our property 14. We want our compensation for the amount of distress that this problem has caused us it has almost been 3 months with having to put up with this load of rubbish from Sharps and any damage to our property must be rectified to how it originally was before 15. We were overcharged on the draws which the installation Manager Stephen Butt even told us when he came to note down everything wrong with the unit at our premises We are still have an ongoing dispute with this case and aim to get our deposit money of £1150.00 back as we have majority of our money back because we got in touch with our bank to stop this transaction to go through and we aim for Sharps to remove this incorrect wardrobe out of our premises. >>>Sharps get your act in order, stop drinking too much coffees and teas and eating biscuits in the offices and miss-selling faulty incorrect products to customers and sort our bloody case out this is not acceptable. There’s a wise old motto that goes like this, “What goes around, comes right back around, what goes up, must come down I hope 1 day your families and even you all as individuals get back your own dose of medicine…Karma is on its way to you… Useless people!<<<"
"I will certainly never use them again. The designer drew an interior for us that we agreed upon and then when they started construction, they built something completely different. Conveniently, when we contacted the designer he had not kept the drawing of the interior that had been shown to us. After several phone calls and two days later, they finally agreed to rectify it. They however, couldn't get anything delivered for over a week and when the new parts were finally sent it wasn't complete so we had to wait a further week for one piece of wood that they forgot to send. The day of the delivery kept changing and when it was finally confirmed, I ended up waiting all day only for the delivery to not turn up till after 5pm by which point the fitter said he could no longer complete the job as it was too late. A job that should have taken 2days ended up taking over 3 weeks. I think in future, for the amount of money I spent, I would have been better off just using a local carpenter. I had my mother staying over that night, thinking they would have completed the job that day, and ended up having to use the sofa as I could not use the room."
"To all customers warning from my past experience , its a cheap diy company called "sharp" using white chipped MDF board. and the service was so bad. One thing all the staff members are well trained to say they are very sorry . Fitting people took almost a week to finished and they left all the rubbished in front garden. whole weeks its look like tip yard . I thing its waste of money to spend company like this. fitters comes around to our home 11 AM and finished 5 PM. When he finished the job its took almost half day to clean the area and lots of saw dust inside the wardrobe. They don't have a good fitters. All they want to sell there things and grab your money.Member of staff by the name of Joanne Smart ask for some photo graph evident ,how fitters left the room. She never ever phone us . I personally think people say "sharp" is good..Did they pay money to say like this.... its total waste of money. I WOULD'T RECOMMEND TO ANY ONE"
"We have had designers from Sharps to design a bedroom and an office. The bedroom designer took six hours one evening ! In both cases they were instantly dismissed as unworkable by their surveyor. They give up with the office design and gave us our deposit back. 'The computer says no' was their response, they are incapable of thinking out of the box. Don't forget they do not have backs to the wardrobes and they leave all their rubbish at your house. A three fit took five days. Never again will I use this company."
"Was recommended Sharps by a friend who was very satisfied but I was nervous in view of some of the online reviews! However, in the end the process was very smooth. The designer made some very helpful suggestions and produced a great dressing room design, the fitter was on time, very pleasant, neat and tidy and did a great job. The quality of the build and finish is excellent, and I am very happy with the result. The only problem I had was with the first customer services rep I spoke to in order to arrange a delivery slot - she was just plain rude so I ended the call and rang back and spoke to another lady who could not have been more helpful. The goods turned up as promised , undamaged and on time. Overall a good experience - let down by a customer service staff member who does Sharps no favours. A recurring theme in other reviews!! Mrs Alison Pike"
"This company is a disgrace. Delivery and installation dates given at short notice to suit Sharps not us Delivery material was incorrect according to the fitter. After installation we have warped doors, scuffed laminate, marks on doors, holes in plinths , shelves of different depths and lots of waste Customer service arranged for a fitter to come one Friday in early June, then rang us that day at 5.40pm to advise he was running late. Customer service then arranged for the installation manager to contact us last week to view the substandard result...what a shock....we are still waiting. This company is inept and unprofessional and should be avoided at all cost. Photos will follow in due course."
"We were left with an enormous gap at the top of the cornice of over 3 cms on one wardrobe and only 0.5 cms on the other wardrobe in the adjacent alcove. We were also left with chipped shelves and the top box not boxed in at the corner and an unsightly piece of wood next to the bay window"
"Sharps expect you to "clear the room" prior to the delivery and installation. For us this involved dismantling an existing built in wardrobe and disposing of it ourselves. For the large sum that Sharps charge I feel this should be included in the deal. We were given the wrong delivery date for our new furniture, I booked the morning off work for nothing. Furniture arrived a few days later and was put in the room. Fitter arrived a few days later as planed, was left alone to get on with the job as my wife and I were at work. Fitter left after only a few moments as he "did not have room to work" Apparently our bed was in the way, despite the designer and the surveyor assuring us that it was NOT a problem. I spoke to customer services, saying that I could be home in 10 mins to help move the bed but was told the fitter had left and would not be back that day. Strange! Fitter arrived the next morning, had a look at the room and started the installation, saying that it should be done in the same day. It wasn't but the fitter said that he would come back the following morning (Saturday) to complete. He didn't arrive till gone 11.00 but completed the work by that evening. He did a good installation and although I can find fault with some parts of the installation overall we are pleased with his work. He cleaned the room and left the "offcuts" by our bin. There was a HUGE amount of waste/ unused material that we had presumably paid for that we now had to cut up and dispose of ourselves as it was far too large to go in our bin or our car. We were told by customer services that this would be removed within 72 hours but after a week we gave up waiting and did it ourselves. All in all the fitter was good and very apologetic over the aborted first day but I understand he has to abide by Sharps rules. The rest of the experience was rubbish. Very quick to take money and gloss over any concerns, We asked for an extra shelf when we ordered the furniture which has never appeared. Far too much money and aggravation for a few pieces of chipboard covered in plastic, customer services sucks. Never again."
"Well, where do I start! All was fine with delivery of fittings. Apart from all the wood they delivered was chipped and was of a poor quality. When the fitter turned up he felt the need to chop half of my coving off even though I got promised the wardrobes would be built around the coving as they were 'bespoke ' and tailored to you. He also chopped coving off on the other wall. He scratched the walls in the bedroom, I'm presuming with the materials and the bed which we already moved for him. He didn't put the carpet back and the under lay. Also carpet got marked. This is our newly bought home so we were so upset by the whole experience. Fitter didn't take his materials away with him so we have left over wood everywhere! Marks over the wardrobes too. He left without saying he was leaving and the wardrobes were only half finished! I couldn't believe it. What a cowboy Fitter sharps had sent to my home. We thought that sharps were supposed to be a professional company! They sent someone out to assess what had happened. He couldn't believe the mess he had left and how badly fitted the wardrobes were. Sharps organised for another fitter to come the following week. So my partner had to have yet another day off work losing out on money all because the wardrobes weren't done the first time round. It was all just a massive inconvenience and an upsetting, horrible experience. I tried to ring sharps about getting money back for the damaged caused to my lovely home, but the manager on the phone was very rude and patranizing, trying to tell me that a pot of paint costs £20 and that they would be willing to offer £150 back. Well I'm sorry, but we would have to get someone to come in and paint the walls and sort the coving out, not to mention the carpet. So I think that would cost more than £150. I was in tears when I put the phone down, I'm pregnant too so don't need all this stress! The manager was putting me on the spot trying to ask how much we wanted back, how was it supposed to know? I hadn't got quotes yet as didn''t know if sharps would offer me the money off. I would not recommend this cowboy company to anyone! And to say how much money we had paid! I was expecting a lot more."
"Back on the 16th January we booked an appointment for someone from Sharps to give us a quote for a fitted wardrobe and they came on the 20th January in the evening which was great. We were happy with the quote and gave the go ahead that night. We had some issues with the finance paperwork as my wife was paying but I had initially been put down as lead customer. However even with this it should not of taken them until towards the end of February to get a date booked in and unbelievably the woman sorting it booked the appointment and didn't tell me! It was only when I called to find out what the hell was going on that I was told it was already sorted for Monday 21st March (2 months after original appointment). The parts were delivered on the Friday before but the 2 delivery men wouldn't take one of the large parts upstairs because they gave up saying they couldn't do it. When it came to the fitting I didn't realise that it was just 1 person so I had to end up helping him take the piece of wood upstairs. I'm not the strongest person but we managed it. Clearly the delivery drivers are lazy and weren't exactly careful with the pieces either. I had to take time off on the morning off the fitting and my wife did for the afternoon but straight away there was an issue because one of the doors was wrong and there was a shelf missing. The fitter apologised on the companies behalf and did as much as he could. He let the company know straight away and said I would likely get a call the next day. The next day came and in the end I called at lunchtime and was told they were still looking for a fitter to finish the job but would call me back once sorted. I called them back at 4:10pm as I still hadn't heard and then was called back at 4:30pm with a result. If this had been my customer service call centre I would expect a phone call to the customer in the morning with an apology and to actually give a s**t which clearly Sharps don't. The final fitting was eventually booked for the Thursday at 4:15pm so again I took some time back and got back home in time. I didn't get a call till 4:45pm from the fitter (a different one from before) saying his car was still in the garage getting a clutch and so he couldn't come over! I couldn't believe it as this was more time wasted and he must have know sooner that there would be an issue. To his credit he offered to come over on Easter Saturday to sort it but due to my own family commitments we booked it for the following Monday. It should also be said that Sharps will leave the excess material dumped next to the side of your house (something I wasn't told about beforehand). I raised a complaint about the extra time this took and the incompetence of their staff on the 30th March speaking to Helen over the phone. She told me to put everything into an email and send it to her, which I did. I got no response or confirmation from her so I called on the 1st April and was wold she would call me back which she didn't so I emailed again that night seeking a response. Nearly 2 weeks later I got a call from someone wanting to check the wardrobes as I had also mentioned about the scuffs left by the delivery men on the panels but as it had been so long my wife had already sorted it. I had still had no response from Helen to my emails so I emailed her again. I should point out whenever I spoke to her she confirmed she was indeed getting my emails so clearly couldn't be arsed to reply. It still haven't heard back from her and am not sure what to do. I am going to try one more time to get a response to my complaint against the company as I really don't want to have to stop my direct debit and go down that route. Sharps bedrooms make decent products but the vast majority of the people there seem to let them down. Badly. I will update this review as required. Nick"
"I am happy with the design and everything. This experience could have been made more pleasant by the better customer service provided by the professional who came for the survey. He needs more training how to pleasantly deal with the customer and how to coordinate among the different teams of own department."
"I work for a small, but busy architects practice therefore instead of me seeing the project through I wanted for someone else (Sharps) to do it for me. BIG MISTAKE!!! My partner and I ordered a simple sliding door wardrobe and a bridge unit above the door which cost us £3600. We knew what we wanted, so the design process was quick and easy. However everything afterwards was a total nightmare. First the installer arrived to fit the wardrobe before the actual materials were delivered. Not a good sign, but everyone makes mistakes, so we ignored it. Ou fitter spoke very little english and it was very difficult to communicate from the beginning. I was shocked when he asked me to pay for his parking and after he got a ticket, he wanted me to pay it which I didn’t. He kept complaining about how he is not going to make any money out of this job. I stayed at home on the first day to make sure he gets it right, but in the end of the day nothing was done. The next day I had to go to work, so I left him to get on with it. When I came home I wanted to cry...(shame I can’t add pictures as they would speak for themselves): -the front panel of the wardrobe was put together from two pieces and the gap -was filled with the decorators filler -the doors were not straight -uneven gaps everywhere -the white laminate surface was cut so badly that you can see the chipboard in -every corner, on every shelf and corner -visible joints -nothing was in level -there were scratches on the on the sliding doors -pencil marks everywhere etc. I can continue, but you get the picture. When I confronted the installer, he couldn’t understand me and just wanted me to sign the papers that I’m happy with what he has done. When I said I’m not signing anything he said: “So what am I supposed to do”. We got the installation manager to come to the house, he agreed that the wardrobe and the bridge unit both look terrible and said that everything needs to be ripped out and installed again. He promised that the new installation would take place after the Christmas break (I want to mention that the wardrobe wasn’t finished until the 23rd February). Nothing happened for three weeks and eventually we cancelled the bridge unit as Sharps couldn’t find a better solution. I later got the local carpenter to install instead and he did it in couple of hours. The Customer Service team was not responding to calls or e-mails for several days. I had to chase them, otherwise nothing would be done. And when they promised to call back they never did. Eventually the new installation date was booked, we received the delivery (which I had to take a day off for again). The new fitter came to re-do the wardrobe and it turned out that half of the material is missing. He couldn’t start that day so we had to wait for another week to receive the additional materials. I also want to say that we live in a one bedroom flat, so that means that all our clothes had to be stored in the living room and we also had to sleep there. After several phone calls with Customer Service they promised that the next delivery will be before 9AM so I don’t have to take yet another day off, however the delivery was booked for afternoon. It was one mistake after another. After two weeks wearing the same clothes and living in a mess the wardrobe was installed. I must say the second fitter was not only really nice, but knew what he was doing. He has been working for Sharps for eight years. His name is Velizar. Thanks to him the wardrobe was completed. We still have and outstanding balance of £350 which is payable after completion, however I am not prepared to pay for such a service. Sharps have agreed to refund the money for the bridge that was cancelled and give us a compensation of £150, but even after all this they have the balls to ask for the £200 from us. This is just ridiculous. Please DON’T USE SHARPS if you want a nice wardrobe. Their products are cheap and much too expensive for what they are. Thank you Linda Smaukstele"
Sharps Bedrooms is rated 3.99 based on 2,068 reviews