Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

C Johnston
Sharps Bedrooms 5 star review on 28th April 2017
Sharps Bedrooms 5 star review on 31st March 2017
Diane Quadling
Did not feel wardrobe designer was of the usual high standard He was a little presumptuous which we found unsettling we were relieved when he left
A bit annoyed that we were told on the design visit we could have our wardrobes a certain way then informed by the surveyor we actually can't have 2 mirrored doors as they won't fit. We've had to redesign and it's going to look a bit odd now. We also weren't informed that one door of the corner unit wouldn't have a handle which will look strange. Had we been told these things at the design visit, I'm not sure we would have proceeded. Hopefully they will look ok once installed.
Would have given this a better rating, as the designer was very professional and suggested a better alternative to our original design. However, we agreed to the amended design and haven’t heard from Sharps since, even though we’ve paid a deposit. We haven’t had confirmation of the revised cost or installation date. Yet another company quick enough to take your money but falling short on service quality - let’s hope the end product’s better!
Would not recommend, hard sell. Wardrobes are just chipboard and not particularly laminated that well. Customer service in accounts was not very pleasant, rather rude once you had committed to buy.
After spending a considerable amount of cash on 2 bedroom wardrobe fixing. I required 2 smaller Bedside lockers for one bedroom and was quoted a high price. We believe we should have been offered these for free as a good will offer as we have spent what we believe a lot of money. £400 for 2 Bedside lockers was quoted. We feel unfair
The architect had to make two visits due to his computer failure. It has resulted that my installation has been delayed by a month. Really not great customer service!
Designer had great ideas and listened to what I wanted. Till surveyor said certain things were not possible and had to change initial plan. Also don't tell you initially you have to get rid of current fitted wardrobes etc not impressed with that as it was quite a bit of additional work for me. Lovely fitter worked his socks off but I'd wanted Shoe Racks which did not show on plan hap to be put on depth which was ridiculous as my wardrobe is about 5ft deep I'd never be able to reach the back ones. 2.5 out of 5 could do better with the design / surveyor stage but they look lovely
The product is good. The fitter professional and helpful. Customer service was poor. The delivery had 2 large boxes of drawers and wardrobe shelf missing. The items had to be reordered? I queried that they must be somewhere as all made to measure and completed for original delivery? My son had to make a special journey to lift the heavy boxes into my flat after they were delivered. Wardrobe shelf still missing! It all took 2weeks rather than 2 days. Customer services didn't seem bothered throughout the saga. I spoke to manager twice then it was passed over to another member of staff who at least kept me informed near the end., I did get some money off the final payment after some negotiations but I wouldn't recommend Sharps to anyone else due only to the poor customer service.
The salesman was very polite and thorough explaining how the Wardrobe units could be fitted and asking us our ideas etcHowever after he’d measured up and worked out the cost it seemed very expensive for the product and materials they are made from at £4250 and there was no written down itemised bill so no explanation as to how he came by that figure. This figure seemed arbitrary as he then suggested he could knock down the cost by £250 if we signed up there and then. It seemed unusual practice to expect people to make a decision there and then on such an amount of money and it felt slightly pressurised to do so. We weren’t impressed with the samples he brought. MDF and plastic covered - not nice. We won’t be buying from here.
Designer was off-hand when I had difficulty downloading paperwork which ultimately wasn't referred to by the surveyor. Also suggested 2 mirrored doors which had to be altered by the surveyor as unworkable. Very disappointed all round.8
The final product is brilliant but the process to get to it was nothing but stressful. We had to change our initial design due to space. This brought much confusion due to communication between our designer and sharps. We paid too much to start with due to the price change but this hasn’t been changed in our documents, our colour choice, handle choice, mirror choice and a finishing decor was all missed and I had to double check everything at every point. Overall, an ok experience but should have been smoother considering the price you pay
We had a bedroom wardrobe replaced by Sharps a short while ago. On the plus side I can say we ended up with a larger, well-fitted, quality wardrobe with a long guarantee which makes the bedroom much more practical and attractive (though of course everyone will also redecorate their room). On the negative side I have to say that firstly the product is very expensive for what it is: the 50%+ reduction is just a sales gimmick applied after the "real price" has been inflated hugely. Secondly, there was a deal of misunderstanding as to what Sharps were actually going to do. It turns out they just deliver and install their product; the customer does everything else - in our case removing everything from the room including carpets and underlay, demolishing the existing wardrobe along with partition walls, plastering and repainting all damage, removing and disposing of all waste (including two very large mirrored doors). A lot of work, and extra expense if you have to get someone in to do it. Not being clear about this caused considerable delay. Thirdly, we were given to understand installation would take two days - in actual fact it took just half-a-day! Great to get it done more quickly than expected, though given the time the whole project had been going on it made no real difference - But did this mean we were charged for two days of joiner's time? Sharps said no, they always allowed more time in case of problems, but I am not totally convinced. Conclusion: Sharps delivered a good quality product though with some misunderstandings; had we fully understood just how much work would fall on our shoulders we probably would not have gone ahead. If money is not a main concern, Sharps can give you a good product, but if you want the best value for your money you would be well advised to investigate other options.
Surveyor was good. Advice he said was at odds with what Sharps said. He said delivery on one week and they wanted to deliver the week before on a day that was not convenient and at a time that was not agreed by me. Still waiting on this being sorted to know when I am getting my wardrobe fitted.
Chose Sharps, as despite being easily the highest cost, I was impressed by the look and the 12 year guarantee. I cannot fault the original designer, nor the surveyor and indeed the installer/fitter was excellent too. The work that has been done looks great and seems to work really well. However, I did have two issues - one small, one major. The small one was the worng hinges fitted on my TV unit, so the doors do not open wide and the TV is only visible from certain areas! Howver they have sent out replacements and a fitter is coming to change them, so that's ok. However! The TV unit is too small for my TV, despite both the designer and surveyor measuring it. When I phone to register this issue, I was told that I had agreed to buy a new TV - which I did no such thing! It transpires that they tagged on a sentence at the bottom of a long email the week before my install that I missed, and because I hadn't disputed it then, apparently I was agreeing. I am currently fighting my case right now, but am not holding my breath as they don't seem to give two hoots.
The designer was very good, however we were disappointed in the end result as she did not put dimensions on the design which were then interpreted incorrectly by the surveyor.
I haven’t had my wardrobes installed yet so cannot give a full review. Both the person who came for the initial visit and the surveyor, who came the week after, were very professional and thorough. Although it looks as if the wardrobes are going to be of good quality I was initially quite shocked by the cost. Considering this was supposed to be 50% off plus and extra 10% if an order was placed during the initial visit. I would never have paid double and this makes me wonder if the money off is a sales gimmick.
Mine has yet to be installed so unable to complete. I am awaiting a call with my date.
Apart from the complications with door handles and the first measurements being done incorrectly, we are now back on track for having them fitted.
Very thorough and discussed issues with salesman’s plan so that an agreeable solution was found. The survey took 2 hours which was an hour longer than advised and apparently the usual time required.
The whole Sharps experience, was indeed an experience. You get a very well adapted, sharps expert turn up promptly at your door, throwing outragouse initial prices in your face. To then be told, this price is obviously not what we are going to charge. The price is instantly halved and tailoured to make you think that you have got a deal. They should have focused more on what the whole experience entailed rather than trying to make you think you was getting a great deal. As we all know that is very rare. There was a lot of info left out regarding payment when the wardrobes was delivered. Trying to get a date which was good for us, even when we gave them plenty of time was difficult also. Luckily we also was made aware after paying a decent amount for these wardobes that they would then leave their rubbish behind. Because of the issues we encoutnered i made sure the rubbish was collected for free, you all should do so too as they DO NOT make you aware that the rubbish is left behind. The wardrobes do look good. They was given a three day window to do, and was done in one day. Just make sure you outline everything first and get iit in writing with them. All in all we are happy with the outcome, but it could have been a better experience.
Sharps Bedrooms is rated 3.92 based on 2,414 reviews