Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

C Johnston
Sharps Bedrooms 4 star review on 11th May 2017
Charlotte G
Sharps Bedrooms 5 star review on 28th April 2017
Contacted Sharps for their 50% sale, apt made for designer to attend the following Sunday. He came explained the "Roll Royce" wardrobes and build process. Took all the measurements, confirmed my email address and said we'd hear within a few days and to choose our internal requirements. He left, he didn't leave a card or anything with his name on. That was over 3 weeks ago and not heard anything from anyone at Sharps. Appalling treatment, therefore we will not be using them!
2 walls of wardrobes £15,000 quoted, reduced to £7,700 in 50% sale for 'Rolls Royce of Wardrobes'. Fitter 1 day late and had 'personal problems' he had to deal with. Left with drawers not opening/closing properly, mirrored door warped, doors not closing flush. 3 of the 6 handles so rough they would snag clothing and internal lights coming on when doors were closed. Another Sharps fitter to fix the snags said 'thats what you get' and 'I would have told you they were good to get the sale as well'. Feel duped and robbed. Paying big money for poor quality materials, wardrobes are just chipboard. 6 days off work, 2 for the fitting.
Money grabbers
Very knowledgeable and under stood the Sharps product very well and was very professional at all times.
Great appointment. Guided through the whole process with ease.
Only had initial visit and survey done so far. The representative and surveyor were very knowledgeable and helpful designing what we wanted.
He did his job satisfactorily once he was promoted to assist us more which he did.
Helpful and professional team at all times
Excellent help and advice. The surveyor. Had to make some changes but still happy with there advise.
Very helpful and professional
Very Helpful and good knowledge.
Excellent service then. Was asked to refer a friend of mine , we were offer a £25 referral gift , the referral went on to place a large order that was 6 months ago until now after sending emails to sharps we haven’t received our gift a shame leaving a bad taste in ours mouths and the referral will not be referring your company poor after sales service
Arrived promptly and gave a good service. Design details were very good.
Way too expensive, you can buy a brand new car for their price. And the design they offer was very basic and cannot be customized. Their quote was £45000 for 5 bedrooms wardrobe.
Very good design visit, the designer listened to everything I wanted and came up with the best option for me
This is my second sharps purchase. I'll recommend them any time. The difference their wardrobe makes to a room is something else. The designer,surveyor, the ladies that I speak with on the phone are just lovely people! They treat you with respect and professionalism. Like I said, this is my second purchase. I have no problem with them. Oh, and the guy that come to fix the job, he's like the transporter. He comes on time does he's job and gone. Like he wasn't even there. Sharps furniture is just good and worth it if you can afford.
Lovely person to deal with no nonsense approach.
Booked an appointment for a designer to attend and provide quote and design for a fitted wardrobe in a new build property. He duly turned up, but after waiting two weeks with no further communication I went with another supplier. Poor customer service.
I had Sharps come around for a quote, and they were very pleased to explain on the day that the design would be no problem. One half of my wall went a little deeper than the rest of the wall, but they explained that would be no problem. We agreed one length could be 60cm and another length up to 70cm deep and he was keen to get a quote back to me quickly to try and meet my deadline. Unfortunately I received a note saying that my on my wall it wasn't possible to install wardrobes, as the wardrobes would need to be deeper. Instead of asking me if that was ok (which it would be), they simply said that my wall was one of the 15% of walls they can't install within. I received quotes from a range of others who have explained it's absolutely no problem. I've never had such a bad quotation experience, and would not recommend getting a quote from them. This was also after the first appointment I booked didn't turn up.
I’m giving Sharps 1 star because I can’t give them zero. This review is therefore over inflated from the beginning, much like their sales pitch. Our nightmare started on a Saturday in February when an over-exuberant and overly-friendly salesman turned up (we should have smelt a rat then). He measured for wardrobes in 2 rooms and quoted £12k, before miraculously bringing down the cost to just over £6k. I have since read up on this and this is commonly known as the ‘insult price’ (before a slightly reduced ‘insult price’ is offered). The salesman assured us that Sharps were the finest in the business, their quality second to none and sold it as some kind of utopian experience (2nd rat failed to be smelt). We foolishly decided to go ahead….. The materials were delivered and I couldn’t help but to notice that the utopian quality wasn’t quite as described and it was standard chipboard quality (much as you would get anywhere in a standard DIY store). Furthermore, the materials were dumped in the rooms, leaving marks over the walls. Not a great start. The installer turned up on a Wednesday in Late March and was going to be finished by the Friday (it was initially a 2 day job which turned into a 3 day). Giving as much care as a ‘Bull in a china shop’, the installer caused damage to walls in BOTH rooms. We could forgive a bit of damage/marks to the wall but the level of ‘demolition’ this man caused was, quite frankly a joke! Needless to say that by the Friday he still hadn’t finished and had to come back Monday. Monday came and ‘the installer’ started work. Within 2 hours he left feeling unwell (not at all his fault but he shouldn’t have come at all given that he said he was unwell overnight). A call into their Head office followed with an unhelpful remark that the installation couldn’t be finished by anyone other than ‘Demolition Man’ (as he had become known). We have a small house so imagine my disappointment in being told this with the majority of the upstairs in absolute and total chaos. 3 days went by before Sharps finally (and miraculously, because my stress and temper levels were significant rising) found another installer who arrived on the Thursday and finally finished off the installation (albeit almost a week late). We have since had to arrange a Painter and Decorator to quote a repair to the walls ‘Demolition Man’ caused and this has finally been accepted by Sharps that they would foot the bill (after initially offering a pittance of £88 as a goodwill gesture - I think not!) Sadly, their level of care for your property and their sense of urgency to finish the job on time is not matched by their eagerness to get your money; they are very good at that. Don’t be fooled by their utopian advertising. Sharps are not a dream, they are a nightmare. Please avoid at all costs and don’t get sucked in, as we sadly were.
Sharps Bedrooms is rated 3.90 based on 2,488 reviews