Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

76% of reviewers recommend Sharps Bedrooms
Live Chat, Telephone

How would you rate Sharps Bedrooms ?

Charlotte G
"Fitted wardrobes in bedroom. Advisor was sympathetic to our budget and didn't try to sell the top range. Still get annoyed with the "sales" and "offers" that these big companies have (but it's par for the course) Fitter was professional and worked all day to get it done. Painted the room F and B Elephant's Breath, which is a great colour match and makes the wardrobes look seamless."
"We had Sharps come to fit out our baby girls nursery. From the designer to the fitter, the process was quick and easy and we had our gorgeous bedroom ready in no time for our little arrival. The quality of the fit is fantastic too."
"Original design was changed by surveyor and the dimensions were changed by the fitter after discussion with us. The selection of materials and finishes was excellent. The fitter did a great job, was polite and a good tradesman, however, we expected someone in a Sharps van and uniform not a local joiner in a van that has seen better days. Overall we are pleased with our bedroom but so we should be at the price paid."
"We contacted Sharps and a designer called Martin came to start the process. We needed deeper than normal wardrobes and was told this would not be a problem. We saw the plans and were happy to order the wardrobes. BIG MISTAKE. After they were fitted (they looked really good) BUT they were not made to the 650mm internal depth that we had agreed. They were finished at 650mm external depth , about the size or a ready made wardrobe. After contacting Sharps they said we had misunderstood the plans and that they were fitted correctly, they even had the cheek to ask for final payment which was only to be made if completely satisfied. The designer Martin totally backtracked and denied he had agreed to have the wardrobes deeper than usual. Why would we pay £2,400 for quite basic bespoke wardrobes when we could have purchased standard wardrobes anywhere for a fraction of the cost. After 2 months of letters,calls and emails to customer service manager Eleanor O’flaherty Sharps have today increased the depth as a ‘ goodwill gesture’ free of charge still saying that the wardrobes were fitted correctly. I would never use or recommend Sharps to anyone . If you ever use them ...check every last munute detail and have everything in writing do not trust any verbal converstion ."
"Firstly I would like to say the fitter Michael did a great job fitting the wardrobes very professional, however the designer Roger Stebbings who Sharps Customer Services claim they don't know? (very professional to say that) made an error and between him and the surveyor it was not picked up or made clear to us. We have 2 rails that reach to the end of the wall but we are unable to use them to the end because you cannot fit a coat hanger on them, this only came to light when the job was completed and we started to put our clothes in the wardrobe. Customer Services eventually sent round a technician (of what I do not know). He told us he had no authority to make decisions (fair enough) and the end panel that was put on was Sharps Policy. We had a solution of our own to fill the end gap up with shelves and that way we would not feel as if we were losing space. Sharps came back after a couple of days with a cost of £245! I would not give another penny after spending nearly £6000 but because they have had all our money now I won't see their backsides for dust!! I am upset and very disappointed to say the least my mission is to make sure none of my family or friends ever make the same mistake with this company!! Should have gone to Hammonds!!"
"You get a sharps expert turn up on time to quote, but I am amazed that in this day and age that we still have to go through the whole price debacle of quoting an inflated price then to be told, this price is not what we are going to charge. With discounts the price is halved and made to make you think that you have got a deal. Surely in this day and age they should just focus on getting you the price they are always going to do it for, rather than trying to make you think you are getting a great deal and they are doing you a favor . We were happy with the final price and placed our order after picking the style and shade we wanted. You do get a second expert turn up to take the measurements and make the final drawings, not sure why the first expert cannot do that as you have to take another day off work to see them. The wardrobes arrived and the fitter turned up on time a few days later and completed the two day allocated job in one day. On completion I pointed out that he had not put the pull down rail in as ordered as my wife would not be able to reach the top hanging rail, I was told that item was not on the list and we would have to take it up with Sharps admin. The wardrobes were left dusty you would think for the cost of them a cloth could be run over them before they leave and their rubbish was left with us to get rid of. We did contact Sharps admin regarding the pull down rail and was told they had no record of it being ordered on the original order so tough, so be very careful as what you agree on with the designer is not what you get with the fitter, I have had to move the rail down myself. Having said all I have, the overall quality of doors is very nice and the standard of the fitting is top notch, I do think they are overpriced but the final look you get is very nice, if only the backup team matched the final wardrobe finish. Would I use them again !!! I have to say I probably would but will check with the fitter that what we ordered is what they are fitting."
"2 Stars - Great wardrobes, awful customer service. Fantastic wardrobes, however ultimately I am left with a sour taste and won't be returning nor recommending sharps to anyone. Unfortunately it is the customer service which lets this company down. Sharps customer agents were quite rude on the phone yet their actual workmen and surveyors 'the face of the company' are more than pleasant. The night before installation, I was notified less than 12 hours before, that fitting had been delayed a full 24 hours due to another job going wrong (is this my fault?). Being a contractor having to take another day off at no fault of my own I was left out of pocket. I could sympathize if Sharps had provided me two days notice or more. I find it unacceptable to be told such news mere hours before fitting. What makes it worse was to be told the most they could compensate was £25!? I have just paid close to £4000 on wardrobes and the most a large business such as Sharps can provide is a complimentary £25? Sharps will not budge on their stance, as being unable to cover loss of earnings because of a fault they caused, not the customer! So beware if you are a contractor / independent worker!"
"Very thorough and discussed issues with salesman’s plan so that an agreeable solution was found. The survey took 2 hours which was an hour longer than advised and apparently the usual time required."
"Went into a show room just to look at quality if doors as thinking about it. Made it clear that due to being on maternity I wasnt in a position to go ahead. Was pushed into booking a designer to come out. Designer arrived 2 weeks later as planned and looked at what I had and said basically it's not worth paying around £3k for a few extra inches of space. Waste of time for everyone involved. Will be looking for a local joiner."
"The whole Sharps experience, was indeed an experience. You get a very well adapted, sharps expert turn up promptly at your door, throwing outragouse initial prices in your face. To then be told, this price is obviously not what we are going to charge. The price is instantly halved and tailoured to make you think that you have got a deal. They should have focused more on what the whole experience entailed rather than trying to make you think you was getting a great deal. As we all know that is very rare. There was a lot of info left out regarding payment when the wardrobes was delivered. Trying to get a date which was good for us, even when we gave them plenty of time was difficult also. Luckily we also was made aware after paying a decent amount for these wardobes that they would then leave their rubbish behind. Because of the issues we encoutnered i made sure the rubbish was collected for free, you all should do so too as they DO NOT make you aware that the rubbish is left behind. The wardrobes do look good. They was given a three day window to do, and was done in one day. Just make sure you outline everything first and get iit in writing with them. All in all we are happy with the outcome, but it could have been a better experience."
"Not very impressed as it took a lot longer than planned and I did not get the handles I asked for. I did get a bit of money off but I still thought it could have been a bit better as I spent a lot of money."
"We had arranged an appointment for today to meet the designer, after waiting 1 hour at the property we decided to call the office to find out what’s happened to the person we sopposed to meet. We received a call 15min later from the designer that he is still at the previous appointment and is running late. It’s absolutelly unacceptable that the designer didn’t call us to let us know in advance to let us know. We drove for an hour and wasted our day off to meet this person who didn’t even have the curtesy to call us before and we had to chase them up. Of course we cancelled the appointment. It’s the most unprofessional company we ever dealt with and would never recommend this brand to anyone. If they can’t even show up for appointment on time imagine when it comes to the actual ordering. Waste of energy and time."
"A very efficient service from beginning to end. Well done!"
"Charles was very professional, he listened to my needs and wants and then cane up with his cunning plan. This was down in a no nonsense way, presented clearly and ticked all the boxes, now await the final product! Have used Sharps before and so have my parents very recently, consistent great service unlike a competitor with the initials “NJ”"
"Designer was on time, helpful, had good suggestions to make. Looking forward to having our new furniture fitted spoon"
"Excellent"
"All staff have been really friendly and helpful. Sharps are very over priced , my quote initially started at over £6,000 and suddenly with certain discounts that we on got down to just under £3,000. The price of £6,000 was a complete joke. Went with sharps due to ease. If I had more time I would have looked around."
"Designed and fitted a wardrobe within my budget with exactly what I wanted, lots of hanging space and upper and lower shelves for storage. Beautifully finished, very happy with wardrobe. Sharps representatives who came to house all very pleasant and considerate."
"We visited the showroom and they were really helpful and nice. We booked our appointment with the "designer" and on the agreed date we took the train to meet at the new house (we don't live there yet). While on the train, we get a call we couldn't answer and a few minutes later a text saying that the "designer" had issues with the car so we had to re-schedule. Assuming it was the truth, these are things that happen, but contingencies are to be taken into account, so taxis are to be considered as options. We wasted time and money for an appointment that never happened. The next day the showroom called to ask me what happened, which was nice of them. But for obvious reasons, if the first appointment is not reliable, this means that we cannot trust Sharps for the overall work. Good luck."
"very good"
"Designer had no imagination and had no idea what he was talking about. He got the size of the beds wrong and dismissed all of our ideas. he didn't compromise at all and overall we were very disappointed. Would never dream of using them again or ever recommended to a friend."
"Nothing has gone wrong yet. Having made all the necessary arrangements and paid 25% deposit we have just received a phonecall asking us to change the date(which is not possible due to hospitalisation) then we were informed the delivery date could not be guaranteed(it is crucial as our house has one small bedroom in addition to the the main one that will be fitted. There is no storage space and we will be sleeping on a mattress in our front room whilst the work is carried out. Now we are filled with fear and trepidation over how this project will be completed. Do they appreciate how nervous septuagenarians are? This brings all our insecurities and health problems into stark relief. I hope they do the work as promised."
"work hard to do a good job"
Sharps Bedrooms is rated 4.01 based on 1,965 reviews