Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

Tell us how Sharps Bedrooms made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Carey
"I had the Shaker wardrobes in white. I am so happy with the work that has been done the look stunning. Mark the fitter was exceptional. Great job thank you"
C Johnston
"From design visit to installation Sharps have provided excellent service. The designer was very helpful at providing advice. The surveyor was excellent, ensuring that the solution we chose was suitable and met out needs. The delivery guys carried a lot of kit up 2 flights of stairs and were careful and considerate at all times. The fitter, Chris was superb. He worked like a Trojan to ensure that our wardrobes were well fitted. He consulted us at every move, being prepared to modify the set up to meet our storage needs. He let us hang clothes and measure shelves so that we got the most from the space. Unfortunately there was a slight manufacturers flaw with one of the doors, but it was literally delivered a couple of days later and Chris came to fit it. He also asked if we’d had any second thoughts about the layout as he was prepared to change anything if we wanted. Yes Sharps are expensive in comparison to high street stores, but we have used every inch of the space and the customer service has been second to none."
Charlotte G
"Fitted wardrobes in bedroom. Advisor was sympathetic to our budget and didn't try to sell the top range. Still get annoyed with the "sales" and "offers" that these big companies have (but it's par for the course) Fitter was professional and worked all day to get it done. Painted the room F and B Elephant's Breath, which is a great colour match and makes the wardrobes look seamless."
"When they came to measures up the second time the person was very rude to my wife and there was not apology from the company this is not right someone talking to you like that in your own home. Not very happy"
"Designer did not turn up after waiting two weeks for an appointment, not even the courtesy of a phone call"
"Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 8 minutes ago 12 year guarantee We had our Sharps bedroom furniture fitted in 2014 really happy with the style colour. Today we had to claim on our warranty and had to have all the drawer fronts replaced. They are a different colour and I was not notified or informed of the change. As stated in Sharps terms and conditions Point 8. The company may make minor modifications to the specifications for practical purposes provided that such modifications do not materially affect the appearance and/or design of the bedroom and the quality of standard of the goods. My bedroom furniture now looks cheap and not what I expected from Sharps. Why give a 12 year guarantee if you can no longer provide the correct colour match. Would I recommend sharps again? Not a chance in hell after talking to two members of their staff today Kam Chand and Tracey. The only thing good about Sharps is their fitter ‘Steve’ absolutely amazing at what he does."
"Design consultant didn’t turn up."
"Unacceptable service quality: 5 scheduled attempts to complete wardrobe. Incompetent delivery of wardrobe service. Fri, 30NOV2018 Delivery (1) of materials FAIL: Materials were not delivered to me due to lorry. ~1hr of my time of confused conversation with lorry man 1, lorry man 2, my concierge, and Helen via phone as to next steps. Due to the fail, my belongings removed from wardrobe room rendered my living room unavailable for 8 days unnecessarily. Rescheduled delivery for 6DEC2018. I arranged to be home from work to accommodate the delivery which did not occur. Thurs, 06DEC2018 Delivery (2) of all materials FAIL: 2 mirror doors were not delivered. Balance of materials delivered. Day 1 of 2 installation executed. Assurances of delivery following day for Day 2 of installation at 11am. Fri, 07DEC2018 Delivery (3) of 2 mirror doors FAIL: Delivery of 2 mirror doors did not arrive at all. I escalated complaint to Manager, Helen Dutton. I raised to Sharps my negative and unprofessional experience thus far which did not merit payment of final 10%. Assurances by Ms Dutton that doors would be delivered following day, Saturday 8DEC at 10:10-10:30am. Several confused phone calls of status and rescheduling taking more of my time. Installer arrived on time and completed installation except for missing 2 glass doors. Sat, 08DEC2018 Delivery (4) of 2 mirror doors FAIL: Delivery did not arrive at all. Installer arrived at 10:30am on time and waited for the doors. Several confused phone calls of status and rescheduling taking more of my time. I was informed of delivery the following day at an unknown time. Interference with my weekend as I accommodated the delivery time that did not occur. Sun, 09DEC2018 Delivery (5) of 2 mirror doors Delivery of 2 mirror doors received. FAIL: Job continues to be incomplete. Installer not scheduled. Interference with my weekend as I accommodated the delivery time that did not occur. Wed, 12DEC2018 Installation of 2 mirror doors Installer arrived on time and installed 2 mirror doors; Job completion after 6 attempts. I took another day to be home from work. Thurs, 13DEC2018 Follow-up discussion of my accumulating complaint with Ms Dutton Ms Dutton agreed of the disappointing execution of the wardrobe service to me and confirmed the waived final payment. As the job was not completed on 07DEC as scheduled due to the 2 missing mirror doors but rather on 12DEC (after 3 additional attempts), I require compensation to address the protracted door issues. She advised she would discuss further with her manager, Leanne Hughes, towards my requested credit to serve as compensation for the failed services with the 2 doors. Ms Hughes was to phone me to discuss within 2 business days, by 17DEC. Mon, 17DEC2018 Follow-up call from Ms Hughes FAIL: Ms Hughes failed to phone me in follow up. Therefore, I must send this email communication."
"Do not go near these cowboys. Anyone can pay for a great advertisement on tv. Workmanship terrible, customer service helpful, to an extent, yet quick to contact you for final (small amount) payment (stinks of unprofessionalism). Mirror door came off track, so disappointing for over priced fee and extremely bottom scale craftsmanship. Would advise everyone to find local joiner and compare. They should be able to do a much more, professional job for at least half the price, paying local businesses, and not some company for glorified MDF for thousands of pounds & minimum effort. Watchdog will hopefully catch up with this company"
"Do not buy from Sharps if you want your bedroom furniture fitted in the correct timescale, or to a good quality, I have just had something that was supposed to have been finished last week, work was poor, damage to doors and units, and even try to filler in a dressing table top. Then when i complained on Monday they said a fitter would be there Wednesday to look and Friday to do the work, he didn't arrive on Wednesday and then calls and says he would be there Thursday, Thursday morning after saying he would be there at 7:30 he breaks downs and ends up arriving just before lunch. Tells us he would be there Friday.... Guess what no show on Friday, only for the office to email me at 16:59 to say he would be there Monday, i called straight away and the person who emailed me said oh she has left the office, and no one else here can help until Monday. So decorators cancelled and carpet fitters cancelled until the work on wardrobes can be completed to even an acceptable standard."
"Overly expensive for what you get. Our surveyor made mistakes, fitter made mistakes. Job still not complete after 4 weeks. Bit bespoke. Units are standard sizes fitted around fillers! Customer services don’t ring you. We have had a really really poor service. Do not use this company if you value your money & sanity!"
"The initial design did not work, altho we didn't realise until it was completed & one section was unusable & looked awful. We settled on a rejig by taking out 2 expensive unusable cupboards & paying for extra unit (so the bad design ended up costing us more money). The lights inside the wardrobes are only stuck on so fell off within a week. When we asked about any clever interiors to try to make the cupboards usable it was suggested we try IKEA!!! We had been thinking if bedroom went well we would get our office fitted out but will NEVER use them again & are warning friends & family against using them too."
"Shoddy workmanship carried out by someone subcontracted by sharps. I should have just used a local joiner which would have cost a lot less than the £2800 charged by sharps. A "rep" called whilst the work was being carried out and when I complained about the damage he was doing to the walls in the bedroom (brand new house) he just stepped up to my face intimidating me. Never use this company! THERE IS A REASON THEY TAKE THE MONEY UPFRONT"
"We thought we would take up a 'percentage off' offer and so we booked the sales person to attend and provide a quote, what a mistake! The sales man arrived and immediately told us the minimum order was £1000, he had not even seen the spare bedroom we wanted fitting out. He told us not to worry about the discount he would sort out a good price. The salesman was very rude making innuendos, derogatory sexist and racist comments and kept swearing throughout the lengthy visit. The initial price was astronomical for a spare bedroom, it was almost as much as the price for a very large master bedroom we had fitted previously. Reluctantly we accepted the quote, not knowing what our options were. When the Sharps surveyor arrived, he could not believe what price we had been quoted, so annoyed was he, he advised that we put in a complaint and priced the work again - his quote was more realistic, reducing the quote by around £2,500. As a result of the complaint Sharps agreed to reduce the quote further, so we now accepted the gesture of goodwill. However, after a lengthy wait for a fitting date we chased Sharps up, given their very poor updates. We were told they wanted just short of £1000 more for the job or it would not be worth doing. This had already taken a great many weeks to get to this point so we just cancelled the order and registered another complaint. The level of service that Sharps provided was way below what would reasonably be expected. They were not interested in anything more than how much money they could get out of unsuspecting customers. It is interesting that Sharps seem to fail to respond to negative reviews but are keen to respond to positive comments, similar to how keen they are to meet sales targets and take more money from customers than is really required."
"Everything. Wish we had never heard of Sharps. The design, survey, installation, customer services. Second class materials, second class design, absolutely no communication between the different Sharps departments. Biggest disappointment ever. They simply cut their own standard sized components to fit the space available so the only bespoke element is the fill-ins. Ignored important elements in a room that have to be taken into account and when speaking to the customer services to explain problems that have arisen are treated with absolute contempt. When pointing out their mistakes simply told 'well that is what you signed for' and then designer denies what was discussed. An absolute shambles. Apart from the design of the wardrobes being a total waste of space, other wrong sized units were supplied. When this pointed out to customer services we were told that what we had was what was agreed and as we had changed our minds it would cost us nearly £400 per unit to replace. On 2nd call with customer services, they hung up on us! Eventually only got sorted by contacting CEO and after they sent yet two more wrong size units. Eventually their 'senior surveyor' told us it was because at the time of ordering the units their standard dimensions had been changed but the designers and surveyors hadn't been told. So much for bespoke; so much for inter-departmental communication; so much for our 'signing for them'. They have lost several potential customers from people who have seen and know about our experiences. Most have decided they will have better bedrooms and fuller pockets by going to their local chippy. Their mistake. Our stress. No compensation from them and no reimbursement for larger units we paid for and smaller ones actually fitted. All we got was a cheap bunch of flowers which went straight in the bin as they just added insult to injury. Cheapskates all round. Except for their prices."
"Firstly I would like to say the fitter Michael did a great job fitting the wardrobes very professional, however the designer Roger Stebbings who Sharps Customer Services claim they don't know? (very professional to say that) made an error and between him and the surveyor it was not picked up or made clear to us. We have 2 rails that reach to the end of the wall but we are unable to use them to the end because you cannot fit a coat hanger on them, this only came to light when the job was completed and we started to put our clothes in the wardrobe. Customer Services eventually sent round a technician (of what I do not know). He told us he had no authority to make decisions (fair enough) and the end panel that was put on was Sharps Policy. We had a solution of our own to fill the end gap up with shelves and that way we would not feel as if we were losing space. Sharps came back after a couple of days with a cost of £245! I would not give another penny after spending nearly £6000 but because they have had all our money now I won't see their backsides for dust!! I am upset and very disappointed to say the least my mission is to make sure none of my family or friends ever make the same mistake with this company!! Should have gone to Hammonds!!"
"We had arranged an appointment for today to meet the designer, after waiting 1 hour at the property we decided to call the office to find out what’s happened to the person we sopposed to meet. We received a call 15min later from the designer that he is still at the previous appointment and is running late. It’s absolutelly unacceptable that the designer didn’t call us to let us know in advance to let us know. We drove for an hour and wasted our day off to meet this person who didn’t even have the curtesy to call us before and we had to chase them up. Of course we cancelled the appointment. It’s the most unprofessional company we ever dealt with and would never recommend this brand to anyone. If they can’t even show up for appointment on time imagine when it comes to the actual ordering. Waste of energy and time."
"Designer had no imagination and had no idea what he was talking about. He got the size of the beds wrong and dismissed all of our ideas. he didn't compromise at all and overall we were very disappointed. Would never dream of using them again or ever recommended to a friend."
"Sharp representative visited, measured up and produced a wildly expensive quote. Promised to call me the next day with a better quote. Never heard back. Disappointed"
"Paid to Sharps more than £5,000 and received very bad services, move to the new house for 2 months now, the wardrobe just done partially and no builder turn up, call them more than 10 times, took day off 3 times, waiting for them for an ages, still waiting...........NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"This company is a disgrace. Delivery and installation dates given at short notice to suit Sharps not us Delivery material was incorrect according to the fitter. After installation we have warped doors, scuffed laminate, marks on doors, holes in plinths , shelves of different depths and lots of waste Customer service arranged for a fitter to come one Friday in early June, then rang us that day at 5.40pm to advise he was running late. Customer service then arranged for the installation manager to contact us last week to view the substandard result...what a shock....we are still waiting. This company is inept and unprofessional and should be avoided at all cost. Photos will follow in due course."
"Overall i believe everything went wrong as from the design to the fitting. I would not recommend anyone to choose sharp bedroom as I think the service they give is very poorly not happy with anything they have done."
"Utterly disappointing!… AVOID this company It is really frustrating and disheartening to have to write this review. We originally went with Sharps as we wrongfully thought we would be in trustworthy, skilled and professional hands. We are redecorating our house in preparation for the arrival of our baby and the experience has been so utterly awful and stressful!!! Take my advice and do not work with this company… here are all the reasons of how Sharps have let us down on a monumental scale They have no respect for customer's time. They give appointments they don’t keep from the first visit, to the surveyor to the delivery of materials and even down to the fitter They falsely sell you on the idea of bespoke wardrobes that fit your space but instead they provide standard sizes and fill in the gaps cheaply Their staff are rude and unaccommodating especially when they constantly make the mistakes and delay fitting week after week Be very careful as what you agree on with the designer is not what you get with the fitter! They are dishonest about the fitting experience. It is absolutely awful.. turning your house into a workshop with dust and mess everywhere The quality of their wood and units are poor They do not care about the impact of all the above on their customers. They will mess you around with false promises and appalling excuses with no apologies or compensations. They are quick to take your money, but fail to deliver on the final product from both a quality and completion perspective. It’s been 6 weeks since the terrible experience of the first attempted fitting, and no sign of a change in attitude or desire to complete the job. They are completely unprofessional, incompetent and unreliable."
Sharps Bedrooms is rated 4.00 based on 2,002 reviews